Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

There is no weed  in the brownies right? I thought for sure at first Cam was going to make the brownies and his brothers would eat them and he'd  be screwed.  But he went and made them without the pot? Practice brownies? The way Franco ran out with them and the preview for Monday makes it seemore like they could be trouble but I don't think I missed that they are?  Cam texted he didn't need the hookup.

Bad editing? 

I can't see how Laura could help him make the brownies and not notice him putting weed in them.  "Look, over there!"?  <rme>  Plus, he didn't have time to buy the weed and later cancelled the deal.  Makes no sense. 

Liz and Franco appeared to be in the middle of nothing and could have looked after the younger kids. 

Franco running out the door with the brownies was also ridiculous.  The bake sale was right this minute? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I've always found his supposed sadfeels over losing time with Jake and Danny to be singularly unconvincing.

One of the reason's I'm not buying Jason's sadfeels unconvincing is because he never tries to spend any tine with his kids other than when the show wants us to feel sorry for him for all the sacrifices he's made.

In scenes with Jake, it's Jak ewho has to do the work to have a relationship with his bio-dad. Jason can't be bothered.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Liz and Franco appeared to be in the middle of nothing and could have looked after the younger kids. 

Liz' shift ran late, which is why she asked Cam to go home and be with the younger two until she got home.  

A thought. Maybe when Franco heard they made brownies, he leapt to the conclusion that Cam DID put pot in them. Because otherwise, why else would Cam be making brownies. So he jumped in to get the brownies out of the house, to protect Cam. Wonderful father figure Franco again. Ugh ! 

13 hours ago, Perkie said:

And the whole, 'were not going to let anyone break them up so that Mike can be happy in his last days' was total nonsense.  She's someone else's wife for the love of pete.  Also, I'm thinking staff should be discouraging that budding relationship as well.  

Show has been getting the good hand-me-down plot points from Greys Anatomy, (two patients, one benefits while the other deteriorating to oblivion, forgetting the spouse), but because of Sonny and Carly and Mike's happiness, hey, Marcus, sucks to be you. 

Nina needs to be ballgagged and shipped to a Swiss clinic. Nothing they say will change her mind that Charlotte is perfect and Valentine just wants to bone her. Way to go, Poppa!

• Love 5

Sleepy Sam's con artist past from twenty years ago 

It looked like Curtis was trying not to look at his watch during his scenes with her.  And with the writers doubling-down with multiple mentions that not only was she was a con-artist scamming old men but she squeezed every last cent out of each of them.  She seems to constantly mope around and pass judgement on others - in between committing felonies.  What a toxic character.  Blech.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Perkie said:

Then he text the person and says he no longer needs the stuff.  Because he changed his mind? 

I think Cam didn't change his mind as much as having already made the brownies he couldn't use the pot. Likely he didn't want to have to stash it in his room or something. That whole sequence wasn't made too clear, but that's how I interpreted it. 

15 hours ago, Perkie said:

And the whole, 'were not going to let anyone break them up so that Mike can be happy in his last days' was total nonsense.  She's someone else's wife for the love of pete.  Also, I'm thinking staff should be discouraging that budding relationship as well.  

It's tricky, to be sure. I think when two people have Alzheimer's, you should let them be, as long as they aren't physically hurting themselves or others. Yes, it's tough for Marcus to see Yvonne attach to someone else, but it makes her happy. Isn't that what he ultimately wants? It's not as if he can force her to recognize him. 

14 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

I have no idea of the timeline of the show. How long has Oscar not been hungry? A day? Week?  They might not jump to give him anything because it's a drug trial and they may want to monitor side effects and make adjustments. I wouldn't expect teenagers to know that but the writers seem to be jumping the gun. 

I think they've mentioned the lack of appetite before, but now it's that Oscar is leaving his meals untouched. Before he just wasn't eating much; now he's not really eating at all. Ugh, I've been there. It's hard to genuinely know you have to eat while at the same time have absolutely no appetite and nothing appeals.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's tricky, to be sure. I think when two people have Alzheimer's, you should let them be, as long as they aren't physically hurting themselves or others. Yes, it's tough for Marcus to see Yvonne attach to someone else, but it makes her happy. Isn't that what he ultimately wants? It's not as if he can force her to recognize him.

If you've ever seen "Away From Her" with Julie Christie, this was part of the plot.  She didn't remember her husband, she met new people in the memory center, and formed new friendships.  It happens and you can't really force someone to remember someone they've forgotten, like you said.  On a personal note, when my father was in a nursing home, someone mentioned his "girlfriend" and my mother just shrugged it off because she knew it didn't mean he was dumping her.  The residents just got attached to each other because those were the people who they saw every day and connected with.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I can't believe we're getting a random story on Sleepy Sam's con artist past from twenty years ago that was settled ten years ago

Maybe she had a baby that she can't remember having.  Or gave up for adoption.  And the kid is back, seeking revenge.  <sigh>

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Maybe she had a baby that she can't remember having.  Or gave up for adoption.  And the kid is back, seeking revenge.  <sigh>

That would be a serious and terrible rewrite after everything that happened after her daughter died.

• Love 2

I’m sorta confused about Sams past life. I know she was a grifter and/or con but this current storyline is confusing me. I think one of her marks (a husband) has died and one of the “kids” is attempting to make contact and or blackmail Sam. Is that correct? If so, is said “kid” currently in the canvas and we don’t know who they are? I was wrapping presents (so behind) and, making my Christmas cards to send out (so so so behind). 

18 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I can't believe we're getting a random story on Sleepy Sam's con artist past from twenty years ago that was settled ten years ago while Drew has yet to retrieve one memory. This. Show. 

38 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Yeah, I had the same thought. Ugh. Maybe that's who Daisy will turn out to be. It'd be an absurd retcon but they've done worse let's be real. Maybe she got pregnant really young and couldn't raise the baby herself or she felt her con biz would suffer schlepping around a two year old. Not likely it's the latter, Sam doesn't get the bus anymore. 

1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

If you've ever seen "Away From Her" with Julie Christie, this was part of the plot. 

Such a beautiful movie.  It was so heartbreaking when she reacted to her husband with "My! You certainly are persistent," thinking he was just some guy who kept hanging around her. I actually had thought of that too re: recent GH, because relationships among dementia sufferers in care settings is not a topic much explored.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That would be a serious and terrible rewrite after everything that happened after her daughter died.

So would the Tale of Two Jasons and Robin has a big brother.

• Love 5
On 12/14/2018 at 3:12 AM, Perkie said:

And I'm so tired of Carly's nonsense about Margaux coming after their family,  "First Mike (ok, i'll give her that one, since Margo did question Mike a couple of times, which was inapropriate considering his mental status), then Kristina (the eff?  she had one conversation wtih Kris, which consistsed of, "what's good on the menu/you're Sonny's daughter' and she was shut down immediately by Sonny) and then Michael (again, what the eff?  she had one conversation with him where she reminded him that Sonny killed AJ and he shut her down).  How is that "going after the family"?    And both she and Diane are 100% responsible for Ferncliff.  

Mike wasn't that damn sick when he knew to blow up a restaurant to cover a murder. The only person she needs to apologize/feel bad for is Drew. It's a shame Margaux is the town pariah for doing her job, but everyone gets amnesia when it comes to Peter who got someone killed.

Edited by avocadohead
  • Love 5

Nina needs to be gone from this show! She's more useless than Peter. All of her connections to the show are gone, and now she's getting a daughter, WHY? I'm sure MS is a lovely person, but Nina has passed her expiration date and should have left after Silas was killed.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, avocadohead said:

Mike wasn't that damn sick when he knew to blow up a restaurant to cover a murder.

Just because Mike had a moment of clarity doesn't mean he isn't sick. And you could argue that blowing up a restaurant (unintentionally or not) was a sign of that illness. He'd protect Sonny, sure, but I don't think he'd have created a gas leak if he had his full faculties.

Regardless, Carly has very little standing to rag on a DA for doing her (the DA's) job. And Carly really needs to stop blaming Margaux for sending her to Ferncliffe. It was the judge who made the ultimate decision, and Carly was dumb enough to agree to being sent to a mental institution in the first place. Tough beans it wasn't the cushy facility she was expecting.

• Love 7

I'm sure MS is a lovely person, but Nina has passed her expiration date and should have left after Silas was killed.

ME appears to be much happier with FH than he ever did with MS.  

Anyone else glad that Laura is back?  Except for her scenes with Carly and the stupidity of her not figuring out Ryan/Kevin, she is at least righting the GH ship that was veering way off course with the horrible re-entry of SBu.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Maybe she got pregnant really young and couldn't raise the baby herself

Maybe like 13/14 young and her adoptive father got rid of the baby.  I can see Cody doing something like that.

8 hours ago, bannana said:

I really and truly hate Carly's hair.

LW has always had amazing hair. Its naturally curly and its straitened to play Carly. In the last few months though it has become apart of scenes which is distracting. It’s been parted more on the left side and she is continually leaning her head to the right in every scene. It’s almost like it’s too heavy for her. LOL!!!!! It’s amazing hair but I think she needs a good cut or styled differently. 

3D0AA736-B68F-4339-BFB9-26BBAC082229.jpeg

CE9DF2E4-6E08-4775-B75F-461CA232FF4D.jpeg

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Missed the last few, so does my girl Obrecht have the goods on Valentin and Sasha?  Is she once again in the wind?

Obrecht was at the church dressed in her homeless outfit, hiding, when Valentin stormed in, opened her sister's casket and swabbed the inside of her cheek for a DNA sample. When Anna mentioned that Nina had a daughter, she connected the dots to what she saw and put the screws to him. If he doesn't help keep her out of jail, she will blow him out of the water. Val told Peter not to testify against her.  

• Love 1
On 12/14/2018 at 8:36 PM, Gigi43 said:

There is no weed  in the brownies right? I thought for sure at first Cam was going to make the brownies and his brothers would eat them and he'd  be screwed.  But he went and made them without the pot? Practice brownies? The way Franco ran out with them and the preview for Monday makes it seemore like they could be trouble but I don't think I missed that they are?  Cam texted he didn't need the hookup.

I have no idea where they are going with all of this. Cam didn't get the pot but they were acting like he did put it in the brownies with how they showed Franco eating them and taking them to a bake sale.

I wonder if there isn't going to be a part of this story where Oscar uses pot and that gets him kicked out of the drug trial. Joss and Cam were annoying me when Joss said something along the lines of "Why wouldn't Dr. (Can't remember Terry's last name) prescribe pot since she knows it helps? We should get him some!" Then Cam thinks that's a great idea rather than pointing out that the doctors likely know more than them about the issue and should be allowed to handle it.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

LW has always had amazing hair. Its naturally curly and its straitened to play Carly. In the last few months though it has become apart of scenes which is distracting. It’s been parted more on the left side and she is continually leaning her head to the right in every scene. It’s almost like it’s too heavy for her. LOL!!!!! It’s amazing hair but I think she needs a good cut or styled differently. 

3D0AA736-B68F-4339-BFB9-26BBAC082229.jpeg

CE9DF2E4-6E08-4775-B75F-461CA232FF4D.jpeg

Her hair is as obnoxious as her personality both on and off screen, so I guess it fits.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Hater said:

Her hair is as obnoxious as her personality both on and off screen, so I guess it fits.

I don’t know LW personally. She has always been a big advocate for daytime & talks about her soap beginnings with great affection. I appreciate that. Do you know her personally? How is she obnoxious off screen? 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t know LW personally. She has always been a big advocate for daytime & talks about her soap beginnings with great affection. I appreciate that. Do you know her personally? How is she obnoxious off screen? 

I don't need to know her personally to think she's an obnoxious person.  She's obnoxious on social media with her boyfriend, about everything really.. My opinion.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

I don't need to know her personally to think she's an obnoxious person.  She's obnoxious on social media with her boyfriend, about everything really.. My opinion.

She's arrogant, talks over people, thinks she's always right, big whiny baby when a fan doesn't like every little thing about Carly, including a dress. Look at the FB live she never let Mo talk.

• Love 2

When Sam fans were complaining at an event about her scenes with Franco, LW replied to them "what do you care?"

I don't think she's horrible, but does indeed strike me as a bit obnoxious, I know @Francie has some stories.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, avocadohead said:

She's arrogant, talks over people, thinks she's always right, big whiny baby when a fan doesn't like every little thing about Carly, including a dress. Look at the FB live she never let Mo talk.

I would never watch it, but I'm not shocked. But yes she gets extremely defensive over her character on twitter.  Pimps her boyfriend and his shitty acting all over twitter, acting like he earned the job.  Blah.  I won't say anything further.  I will commend her for never phoning it in like some others that work on this crappy show, but that's as far as I'll go about Laura Wright.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

When Sam fans were complaining at an event about her scenes with Franco, LW replied to them "what do you care?"

I don't think she's horrible, but does indeed strike me as a bit obnoxious, I know @Francie has some stories.

Didn't she piss off some Julexis fans too? When she told Wdv to sit away from NLG and acted like she was the host of an event they were all at? lol.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, avocadohead said:

I’ll have to check it out. I didn’t know she was so disliked off the show. I’m a big fan of her since Loving & GL. I guess I’m in the minority. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

She seems ok to me..a little over zealous sometimes about the show...and about her cushy job boyfriend (though she never put a gun to anyone's head) but nice enough. Who really cares anyway? She ain't a character on the show, she's an actress trying to do her job.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

There was also a story where someone asked Bryan Craig about his relationship with Kelly T and she snapped "it's none of your business."  Which, perhaps, EXCEPT that the two of them had made it everyone's business with their social media accounts--and BC is an adult and can speak for himself.

• Love 2

The show needs to cut their losses and give up on JaSam as a couple. Steve and Kelly look like they can't stand each other and the more scenes they do with their "almost" hand-holding/kisses/sex, the more awkward and uncomfortable it becomes.

• Love 12

Do they honestly think we are waiting with bated breath for that Jasam kiss?  My gosh, they have to keep showing flashbacks to try to get us to believe that they have something special. I'm more interested in when Finn is going to kiss Roxy. And I can bet you that kiss will have more heat and chemistry.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The show needs to cut their losses and give up on JaSam as a couple. Steve and Kelly look like they can't stand each other and the more scenes they do with their "almost" hand-holding/kisses/sex, the more awkward and uncomfortable it becomes.

After I learned that KM had surgery, I attributed Kelly  sighing through most of her lines to  being in pain. But today her sighing was worse than usual, so apparently it has nothing to do with physical problems. When she's sighing every time she talks to the love of her life, it's pretty hard for the audience to get invested in their relationship, cause it certainly isn't a sigh of passion. Couple her world-weariness with Jason's comment a couple of weeks ago that he'd been taking cold showers, and I'm totally uninterested in them as a couple. AFAIC, Jason just wants to get laid and Sam just wants some sleep.

• Love 6

I dislike Franco with the heat of a thousand suns, but I did laugh when he got off the elevator, nattering his usual nonsense, and poor Joss came out behind him, looking so very annoyed at having spent the elevator ride listening to his nonsense.  Only funny because she's Carly's daughter and the Corinthi all need some annoyance in their lives.  and because Eden played the scene so well.  

Having just put my mother in a nursing home in January and watching her with her dementia, let me just say that if I walked in and some guy was macking on her like Mike is with Yvonne, I would be as pissed as Marcus is.  The show seems to be playing this like CarSon are right in letting MIke's relationship continue but no, not good.  Also, there are hoops and whatnot to go through to get in and out of my mother's nursing home, so no way MIke and Yvonne could just leave.  

Hey Franco, two plus two usually equals four.  Cam's friend Oscar is in the hospital, sick with cancer.  Cam baked brownies that were for a bake sale that you know didn't exist., then he tells you that he's giving them to Oscar, his friend with cancer.   Cam's texting someone about weed.  Add those together and you clearly have a kid who wanted to put weed in brownies for his sick friend.  Franco's going to narc Cam out to Liz but I'm sure he'll get the details wrong and assume it's that Cam wants the weed for himself.  

• Love 3

No one was kidding on that jasam stuff. Horrid as usual. The writers attempt at turning him into drew is pathetic. Kelly looks like she’d rather get a root canal with no anesthetic. 

• Love 3

Back in the day during  Jasam 1.0, didn't SB say something about not liking doing love scenes with KMo because she smelled of cigarettes.

What I've heard is that he didn't like kissing with SB/Carly because she smoked.

• Love 1

It should really be Stella at Turning Woods (awful name) helping to diffuse the tension between Marcus, Mike and Yvonne instead of Sonny and Carly. I mean, Sonny and Carly have criminal and legit businesses to run, minor children to care for, enemies to malign, a D.A. to taunt, crimes to conceal, and general meddling aplenty. Surely this Turning Woods drama is stretching them too thin.

Aiden's problems don't particularly captivate me, but I appreciate that Laura and Lulu are getting some family time with him. It's gone a long way in helping Aiden feel less like an invisible, forgotten member of the Spencer family. Liz smothering Aiden in cuddles today was super precious.

Jesus, Danny showing up purely to push his parents together makes me cringe. Too bad Scout's too little to speak up and do the same for her parents. Actually, scratch that. If Scout were verbal she'd be totally on board with Uncle Jason, I'm sure. Anyway, these almost/not quite JaSam moments are absolutely excruciating for me. At this point, I'm penciling in their big reunion for February 31 and challenging the show to prove me wrong.

• Love 12

It looks like KM has actual anxiety in scenes with Burton or like she's overdosing on sleeping pills.  It's bad!

Don't the writers realize the longer they play this out the more horrid that pairing looks? Just get it over with so you can move them on!  JaSam and Carson do not need to end up together,  Luke and Laura didn't and those pairings are no where near the level of LNL.

The whole "daddy" stocking conversation.  Embarrassing.

Edit: I saw the screencaps of Aiden and Liz and they seemed super sweet.  I find the stuff with Mike, Carson, and Marcus disgusting.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6