Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm a little confused.  Aiden is being bullied.  Elizabeth and Laura don't know whose bullying him.  Charlotte has a bullying problem.  Does Lulu not talk to her mother about Charlotte?  Could she not put 2 and 2 together? The teacher tells Lulu that she is targeting one specific child.  I assume Aiden. Why hasn't the teacher brought all the parents together?  Does she know they are cousins?  How could Lulu even dare to tell the teacher that her and Valentin's schedule have not aligned yet to discuss a very serious problem with their child?  What a sucky mother.  I realize that their situation is not typical.  They never had a relationship.  They didn't choose to have a child.  But, still, this is the situation.  Put Charlotte's needs first.  

And teacher wants Charlotte to go to a new school. So, I assume this is a private school.  For some reason, I find it odd that Elizabeth is sending her son to a private school.  Is Franco paying for this?

Re Laura, LuLu did finally mention it to her on (I think) Thursday, and Laura connected the dots and tried to track down a child psychologist. I don think LuLu definitely should have taken this way more seriously much earlier, but it's happening. 

I actually get Willow's perspective that putting all parents in a room together might just lead to anger and negativity and be unproductive. 

I don't think it's necessarily private. Could be a charter school? 

7 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

And Edward Quartermaine's great grandson - Edward was always threatening the PCPD because he was rich and friends with the mayor.

Yeah, but that crap usually had to do with his own. Maybe Brenda would have been included in that and if something had happened to Mary Mae (but I believe that would have more to do with her being the mother of a Q), but some ex girlfriend or friend... yeah, if it didn't have to do with blood or pseudo blood, he wouldn't be throwing his weight around to interfer with an investigation.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2018 at 10:18 AM, TeeVee329 said:

You guys, the next "Avengers" movie is about Helena's ENDGAME lab under the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Too bad Disney didn't tell ABCD the title, or else they could have worked in Ryan wearing a glove and snapping his fingers.

We'd lose half the cast, but with our luck, Carson, Jasam, and Nina would survive.

• Love 3

Did they really kill off Kiki Jerome?  I thought killing young, pretty (preferrably blond) 20-somethings was a Guza thing.

If the actress was leaving, why not just send her off screen?

If it’s for storyline purposes, do we really need to be “entertained” by senseless violence against young women? Is anyone actually find that tantalizing or engaging or engrossing?

So, Kiki’s story for the last year was getting sexually harassed, facing her harasser in court, and then getting killed by a serial killer.  Great take on #MeToo, GH and ABC. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Francie said:
On 12/1/2018 at 4:54 PM, dubbel zout said:

I hope they spelled her name properly.

Who got a cake with their name spelled wrong?

Vinessa Antoine (ex-Jordan); on the cake it was spelled Vanessa. Sheesh.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelled Jordan wrong; LOL
  • Love 4

It feels like a total waste of time to create a mystery around people we barely know, especially when there's dangling threads that have yet to be resolved with established characters.

They blessed this Max story with a heap of Sam - an 'established' character.  The other 'established' characters' names - according to FV -  begin with an S, C, and a J.

I am beginning to hate the Nina almost as much as I hate Carly.

I feel too much pity for Michelle Stafford's inability to integrate into this cast for me to hate her.  She is more of an annoyance and a waste of screen-time with the all-too-frequent repetition of her lines and wearing too tight clothes but the character gets a huge pass because I have been enjoying the heck out of James Patrick Stuart's appearances.  Plus she is not a felon - yet.*

*felon by GH standards.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 2

My biggest problem with Sam's mid-western accent is that it started out midwestern, morphed into something Fargo-esque then collapsed into a drawl. And we're supposed to believe she made a living as a con-woman? 

Too bad Disney didn't tell ABCD the title, or else they could have worked in Ryan wearing a glove and snapping his fingers.

It's too soon to joke about The Snapture (TM Glen Weldon)

she is not a felon - yet.*

well, there was that one time... when she cut open Ava Jerome and kidnapped her baby, named said baby after a horse and fled to Canada with Franco.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

My biggest problem with Sam's mid-western accent is that it started out midwestern, morphed into something Fargo-esque then collapsed into a drawl. And we're supposed to believe she made a living as a con-woman? 

Sadly, yes. But given the level of competence of everyone else, she fits right in.

35 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

What was the horse's name?  All I can come up with is "Antihistamine" - I know that's not right but I feel like it's close. 

Lumière? No, that's the horse she rides now.

I thought the horse's name was Jamie.. didn't she name the kid Jamie? I could be remembering that wrong. And someone is free to correct me, but I thought she named the baby after her horse, who she named after the Bionic Woman (Jamie).

6 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I thought the horse's name was Jamie.. didn't she name the kid Jamie? I could be remembering that wrong. And someone is free to correct me, but I thought she named the baby after her horse, who she named after the Bionic Woman (Jamie).

She did, at one point, name Ava's baby Jamie, after Nathan, who she always knew as James.

I am shocked Molly was allowed on-screen for the funeral, I thought all her mourning for her "super close bestie" Kiki would be off-screen.  Of course you know (who?) missed his cousin's funeral without a mention.

Liked Scotty reacting to "Kevin" being with Ava today.  Mine more of this, Show, have him check on Laura or reach out to Lucy about "Kevin"'s behavior.

Did I hear Franco correctly, Kiki "wouldn't like lies"?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Not looking forward to Carly vs. Ava tomorrow.  And Kiki couldn't even get the whole day without a mention of Morgan, poor girl.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Of course you know (who?) missed his cousin's funeral without a mention.

Sam wasn't there either.  There should have been a few other hospital staff, like Monica, Amy, Francesca.  It was weird that everyone at the graveside, other than Ava, was a guy (Franco, Scottie, Ryan, Micheal and Griffin).

• Love 3

I felt nothing for Franco again...due to Howarth's performance. He had the dialogue but it fell very flat.  They let him drone on for minutes and minutes and nothing for me.  Overrated. 

Also coming from a serial killer, the whole thing just sounded ridiculous.

This show needs to desperately trim the fat with these past their prime soap stars and get them to the unemployment line.  Although I'd still rather watch Franco than the unholy three + Sam.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hater said:

This show needs to desperately trim the fat with these past their prime soap stars and get them to the unemployment line.  Although I'd still rather watch Franco than the unholy three + Sam.

I say ditch all of them. (Yes, I know it won't happen, damn it! *shakes fist at soap gods and FV* But it's the season of Christmas miracles!)

Was Kaka's love of sunflowers ever mentioned on the show?

You get a sunflower pin! You get a sunflower pin! You get a sunflower pin!

You get a crappy death story!

Edit: Ava and Avery had the best scene of the day.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

That still doesn't top Who's (a.k.a. Courtney) alleged love of snowglobes and how Carly said the twit would watch them for hours...

• Love 6

I was surprised at how few mourners there were at Kiki’s funeral. She knew a lot of folks at the hospital and around General Hospital. I also don’t feel the least bit sorry for Ava for losing her daughter. She hated that girl and imagined many plots to “destroy” her and Griffin. Don’t cry and wail and grieve, Ava, when you hated your child. And everyone knew it. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kiki's sunflowers are the new Morgan's penguins.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Hater said:

I felt nothing for Franco again...due to Howarth's performance. He had the dialogue but it fell very flat.  They let him drone on for minutes and minutes and nothing for me. 

I don't think anyone did that well. Especially when Sonny prayed. He should be reduced to ashes the instant he steps into the churchyard, let alone the church itself.

I don't get why Jason was reluctant to be Oscar's executor. Why so squeamish?

It didn't take Carly and Sonny long to get to the church in time for the service.

And once again, Margaux is shocked—shocked!—that Drew thinks she has an ulterior motive for giving him the flash drive. I wonder why? It's so embarrassing to watch how dumb they're making her.

• Love 3

So... going by funeral attendance, Molly and TJ were not only Kiki's best friends, they were her only friends.  

I am always amused by the ridiculous head shots they use during these funerals. Do they not have a moe relaxed, natural looking photo of her?

Um, like God was holding up Kiki's entrance into the pearly gates until Sonny gave him thumbs up. Oh and Sonny, maybe eternal Kiki doesn't want to be with Morgan. She had fallen in love with Griffin, don'tcha know.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Edit: Ava and Avery had the best scene of the day.

Except for Sonny. I noticed that he and the shebeast were the only two mourners without the pins. What an ass.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am always amused by the ridiculous head shots they use during these funerals.

Yeah, but I was jealous of her looks and her awesome hair.  The only way I'd look good in my funeral photo is if they took it in the dark, or from space.

• Love 4

Was Kiki and sunflowers a recon or a real thing? So random. Little Avery was cute and is turning into a good little actress. I didn’t buy what RH was selling. Nice try though. New TJ is horrible. It’s not really his fault though. TJ had an expiration date years ago and should have been written out. Molly needed a real romance. The actress has been on their forever and should get a real leading man. Maura West did a good job. Granted she’s playing it a little OTT but that’s what she does best. Laura Wright still has awesome hair. She doesn’t really need to say anything because all I do his look at that beautiful long blonde hair. It’s amazing how naturally curly it is and that they blow it out and straighten it everyday. That hair dresser deserves an Emmy. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

TJ had an expiration date years ago and should have been written out. Molly needed a real romance. The actress has been on their forever and should get a real leading man.

I haven't seen new TJ, but TR was a better actor than whatshisface with the earing - and he's never come within spitting distance of the kind of airtime that that kid received after FV cast him. He was certainly better than Oscar. The only reason TJ and Molly have never had a real story is because TJ is black

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2018 at 3:02 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Edward's will did extend to the great-grandchildren - Michael, Danny, Lila Rae, etc.  But...Edward's will was so long ago.  Did all the Q's have to hand back in all their proxies and have them reshuffled and distributed?

This has always confused me, because new Q’s are popping up all the time.  And every time, there’s a recalculation of shares. How is this even possible? What if somebody sold their shares? If I were a Q, I know I’d cash out at the first opportunity, before Jason impregnated Sam again or some long lost child of Emily came to town and claimed my stock certificates.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I haven't seen new TJ, but TR was a better actor than whatshisface with the earing - and he's never come within spitting distance of the kind of airtime that that kid received after FV cast him. He was certainly better Oscar. The only reason TJ and Molly have never had a real story is because TJ is black

Yep.

7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I haven't seen new TJ, but TR was a better actor than whatshisface with the earing - and he's never come within spitting distance of the kind of airtime that that kid received after FV cast him. He was certainly better than Oscar. The only reason TJ and Molly have never had a real story is because TJ is black

Word. Also, her age was a factor. Wasn't she really young and he was much older. That said, it didn't stop them from pairing Genie Francis and Tony Geary back in the day. I think Geary was like 15 years older then her and she was only 18 or something. Anyway, I agree because of TJ race and the age of Molly that they never went hot and heavy with them.

18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
19 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

What was the horse's name?  All I can come up with is "Antihistamine" - I know that's not right but I feel like it's close. 

Allegra, of course!

Thank you!  I really couldn't remember the name and it was driving me a little crazy.

13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I also don’t feel the least bit sorry for Ava for losing her daughter. She hated that girl and imagined many plots to “destroy” her and Griffin. Don’t cry and wail and grieve, Ava, when you hated your child. And everyone knew it. 

I haven't been watching so I haven't seen what Ava's been doing and saying about Kiki but I do believe there is a difference between being really angry at someone/thinking about ways to get back at them and wanting them dead.  I think you can be really angry at someone and still be shocked and really upset when they suddenly die.

• Love 7

UO: I liked Franco's eulogy. It was.... deja vu.

Did Griffin say something? I tuned out when he said "his faith was taken from him".

Yay for suspicious Scotty!

Yay for Carly and Sonny sitting in the back and STFU. Also yay for Nina for staying quiet.

I like MW without raccoon eyes.

Yay for Michael and the Jeromes coming together for Avery. Again.... deja vu.

Will Carly kick Ava when she's down?

did anyone else find it odd that Carly and Sonny showed up after the mass? What was the point of that? Was it just so Sonny could pontificate to God about Kiki? (was Mo jealous of MW's Big. Scenes. and demand one of his own?)

and-- yeah, I quit watching for a while, but came back for the Kevin/Ryan stuff-- I don't get the sunflower thing. 

TFGH has been delving into interesting plotlines that Show doesn't have the finesse to complete, first with Oscar (Can a teen refuse questionable treatment for Quality of Life?) and now with Drew (You can have your full memories except the last five years, or the last five years plus someone else's memories). If they were done on "The Good Doctor" or "Black Mirror", I would suspect they would be more thoughprovoking.

I will be happily surprised if the Drew Memory Situation is completed to "Black Mirror" levels.

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

did anyone else find it odd that Carly and Sonny showed up after the mass? What was the point of that? Was it just so Sonny could pontificate to God about Kiki? (was Mo jealous of MW's Big. Scenes. and demand one of his own?)

It was a memorial service (with casket), not a Mass, and Show usually calls God (now with his own show on CBS) to have God/Sonny scenes.

Even though Sonny and Carly made Kiki's death all about Morgan, at least they kept quiet until after the service.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Even though Sonny and Carly made Kiki's death all about Morgan, at least they kept quiet until after the service.

I didn't see the funeral or whatever, but if they waited until afterward to go, they could have just been giving the bare minimum of respect to Ava.  Carly is generally a despicable person, but I'll give her credit where due.  She generally doesn't take the sins of the parent out on the child, especially if that child is actually a child.  And, she tries to be at least a little civil during times of mourning. I remember after Alan died she went privately to Monica and stated that Michael wanted to attend the funeral, and asked if Monica would be more comfortable if she sent him with Jax or Jason instead of accompanying him herself. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Did Griffin say something? I tuned out when he said "his faith was taken from him".

Ugh, his faith couldn't have been that strong to begin with if all it took was losing his priestly privileges. And what a lightweight: Times get tough and poof! No more faith. I thought that was the whole point of faith, that being tested was what proved you had it, but I'm a heathen collapsed Presbyterian, so what do I know?

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Is Sonny Catholic?

He talks the talk, but he certainly doesn't walk the walk.

8 minutes ago, Katy M said:

She generally doesn't take the sins of the parent out on the child, especially if that child is actually a child.

Only when custody is at stake.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Only when custody is at stake.

No, that's not true. She gave Elizabeth time to take Cameron and put him to bed before berating him, so it wouldn't be in front of him. She comforted Brenda's son in the limo when Sonny was killing someone or something.  She's always been nice to Molly to the best of my recollection even though she can't stand Alexis or Ric.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly might not slag parents in front of their young children, but she had no problems helping Sonny take Avery away from Ava. She had no trouble suing Jax for custody of Joss.

The Jax custody suit was particularly vile because Carly sat back and let Sonny frame Jax for sexual assault.

Lowlife scum, the both of them.

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly might not slag parents in front of their young children, but she had no problems helping Sonny take Avery away from Ava. She had no trouble suing Jax for custody of Joss.

Sure, I said she was despicable in general.  

• Love 1

Watched yesterday's episode. I wish they'd bring Molly and TJ into the fold more. It seems an obvious move to utilize two twenty somethings that are actually likable and connected to the canvas. Especially when that demo is lacking. But alas, this is Frank's GH, and everything sucks.

Side note. It's crazy how much Haley Pulos looks like NLG. They make a great mother daughter match. I think KeMo resembles Nancy too. LA also is a good cast for Alexis and Sonny's daughter. So kudos to the casting department. 

• Love 6

I wish they'd bring Molly and TJ into the fold more.

It appeared that the show double downed on Morgan to the detriment of Molly and TJ.  YMMV.  The show bet on the wrong horse and I wish that the show would just cut its losses with this character and move on. 

Is Sonny Catholic?

During yesterday's Sonny prayer/pious scene, I wasn't paying attention to either the Closed Captioning translation or MB's reading of the teleprompter but the gist of his soliloquy was that our hero threatened God if God didn't treat him and those he loves in a better fashion.  I am under the impression that Catholicism, along with most religions, don't embrace threatening the big guy in the sky.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I haven't been watching so I haven't seen what Ava's been doing and saying about Kiki but I do believe there is a difference between being really angry at someone/thinking about ways to get back at them and wanting them dead.  I think you can be really angry at someone and still be shocked and really upset when they suddenly die.

I'm pretty sure that if Ava knew that Kiki was going to die, she would have made up with her on the spot.  Even when she was angriest, she was more angry at Griffin and wanted to have a relationship with Kiki.

The last moments of yesterday, it seemed like Ava hated herself so much for messing up with Kiki, she wanted someone to yell and scream at her how wicked she is.  Carly was a god-send.

She didn't tell AJ and the Quartermaines that he was Michael's father. Even now, when AJ is brought up she constantly slags him in front of Michael.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4