Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Regarding Chad Duell.  How can an actor be so void of chemistry with every single person in his orbit?  I don't feel the brotherly vibe when he is around Joss.  I don't feel him as the son/step-son of Carly and Sonny. I don't even feel it when he is around any of the Quartermaines.  And forget him with a girl.  How can someone so cardboard be as protected as he has been?

I dunno, when he confronted Chase and pretty much demanded that he be informed of the progress of Kiki's death investigation, I thought he was definitely proving he had become Sonny's son.  I thought he was also definitely being Sonny's boy when he was explaining how Kiki was family but seemed to have forgotten that he'd been involved with her as well.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

I think Michael barging in demanding to be kept updated could be a Q thing too. I'm sure Edward did it more than once. Maybe not right into the station though.

I think it was asshole-ish of Michael but I don't mind that. It's something that keeps the character from being a perfect saint but not flawed in the extreme murder mob way.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Michael proves he's a true son of Carly and Sonny by storming into the police station and demanding an accounting from Griffin as if the judicial system worked for him personally.

So now they're going to play up the dullard's long-dead relationship with Kiki as to why he's acting like he needs to be personally informed of all developments about her murder?  Take several seats, Michael.  Don't you have a multi-billion dollar company to pretend to run?

• Love 4

"Kiki was part of my family" said Michael.  "We shared a sister."  Which just served to remind me that Carly and Sonny, who are so upset that Avery lost Kiki, didn't give a damn that Avery lost her mother when they took her away from Ava.

• Love 4

I can't stand Drew with Franco. I just can't accept this nonsense that they grew up together. 

Drew has zero connections outside of Oscar/Kim and rarely gets a scene with others and when he does it's just like today 55 seconds and NEXT.

Pointless..please kill him off.

Edited by Hater

Lulu (and Valentin, for that matter) sucks. She's been told her daughter is a bully and she's done nothing about it until the teacher has to basically threaten expulsion? Ugh.

2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Shut up, Nina.

So annoying. Good for Lulu for reading Nina the riot act. Valentin could have done more on that front.

I liked Laura talking to Aidan.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Oscar being wiped out from the treatment

Man, was I feeling Oscar there. It's all I can do to drag myself home after I get chemo.

I know Kim is worried about Oscar, but can't she try to be a teensy bit optimistic for a minute? Plus, as a doctor she should know that one treatment is not going to cure him. And immediate side effects don't mean the treatment isn't working.

4 hours ago, ouinason said:

I really like that scene between [Franco] and Cameron today. That was a really nice thing for Cam to do.

I like how they're fleshing out Cam. He can be a total jerk, but he's also capable of sensitivity and kindness. And I liked how he had to collect himself a bit after visiting Oscar.

• Love 6

Caught a bit of the show for the first time in a long while, and I gather that Charlotte is the one bullying Aiden at school.  They are first cousins, are they not?  Not that this would preclude Charlotte from choosing him to push around, but... does the show remember they're first cousins?  And that was some weak sauce parenting, Nina.  It's a good thing you didn't have Coma Baby to raise.

• Love 3

I know it is never the child's fault, but I find Charlotte's very existence rather nasty considering how she came to be. If she was sent off to reform school and never mentioned again, I'd consider it a win.

I don't even like Lulu much, but I think it sucks that both of her kids were conceived by, shall we say, less than great means. And having Britt carry Rocco (Britt did better calling him Ben) and that whole mess was just...UGH.

Whatever happened to having a kid in a hospital on General HOSPITAL?!

I know, too crazy.

• Love 7
On 12/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, CharethCutestory said:

And he's stuck between a Burton and Thompson. Can't be Jason on GH, can't go back to Y&R and be Billy.

Y&R would leap at the chance to get BM back as Billy, to try and reverse the plunging ratings that the hated Thompson is in part responsible for.  Thing is, BM and JT are friends, and friends don't bounce friends onto the unemployment line.

Edited by yowsah1

I have never watched Y&R, but per message boards, Billy Miller is either the best thing since sliced bread or in the Tyler Christopher autopilot-substituted-for-acting mode with one foot out the door for prime time, given the opportunity (as Billy Abbott).

Based on GH YT clips, to me he seems okay. Not horrible, not stupendous. I wouldn't be surprised if, like many an actor, he is just in it to cash the checks now. (I did read he has a recurring prime time gig, too?)

Although I keep reading he actually likes Monica's company, when the writers deign to let Drew and Monica have scenes, so right there, he is 1,000 notches above Jasus, even to this non-watcher. Monica has lost enough family. It's nice that Drew fills a void for her.

• Love 5

Yikes I'm watching for the Ryan story but I'm  going to be disappointed whenever Cam is ruined. This kid is having a good start. Even being nice to Franco, the circumstance was an extreme one with Kiki being murdered so okay. It gives him more layers than most on the show. Telling Aiden he should draw himself as a giant bug, in a 'that would be cool!' context was pretty nice especially nice and realistic as a teenage reaction. Can he rip Nina a new one before he becomes how ever insufferable this show will inevitably make him?

• Love 12

To be fair, she'd mock any romance of Anna's, though I agree that Finn adds an extra layer. And "childish" is certainly dead on as a descriptor. It's embarrassing to see two adults (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever) act the way those two do.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Hater said:

I can't stand Drew with Franco. I just can't accept this nonsense that they grew up together. 

Drew has zero connections outside of Oscar/Kim and rarely gets a scene with others and when he does it's just like today 55 seconds and NEXT.

Pointless..please kill him off.

NOOO!! Don't kill him off...just give him more/better stories for crying out loud.

Drew/BM is one of the increasingly fewer reasons I still watch this show.  He can be so fun & have such a sparkle in his eyes when given the right sl.

• Love 4

I'd rather have parking lot Peter for another five, no ten, years than Nina for one more week. She's the worst. She makes me wish Carly was on. 

I wish they'd write Nina's coma baby as living in Paris and ship Nina over there to reconnect, never to be seen or heard from again. Of all the terrible, useless, dead weight newbies Frank has forced on us I think Nina's existence takes the cake and makes me the most ragey. MSt grates every single nerve in this role. 

I know its 99% likely Willow is Nina's daughter (ZZzzzz....) I can already feel the cringe of those two sharing a scene. 

• Love 7

Chase and Griffin look like twins separated at birth. They need to change up the casting.

Why is random nurse giving Griffin Kiki's belongings?  He's not her next of kin. It's even doubtful she would have changed her "Powers of" to Griffin.

There are a bunch of tweets from people who joined with the arrival of Roger Howarth and Michelle Stafford  tweeted "How can anyone object to Epiphany? She knows real love when she sees it."  I know! Aside from Pip's past anti-workplace romance, anyone who ships Finn and Anna has horrible taste.  I had to look away during their "romantic" dance.  And Anna has become incredibly smug. I have loved Anna since her first appearance on the show. With this story, I think I hate her.  I hope Obrecht doesn't fall for that incredibly fake story. Points to the writers at least for coming up with something realistic.

"A series of progressively younger romantic partners took a toll on his health..."  Why would anyone put that in an obituary? I'm already sick of this plot. If the newspaper circulation office gives Sam the name of the subscriber, I will throw something at the TV.

Ryan totally uncaring about how Laura feels about how he is ending of their marriage reminds me so much of my ex.

Zzzzzzz....the only people on today I care about in their current state are Laura and Obrecht.

Edited by statsgirl
29 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I'd rather have parking lot Peter for another five, no ten, years than Nina for one more week. She's the worst. She makes me wish Carly was on. 

I wish they'd write Nina's coma baby as living in Paris and ship Nina over there to reconnect, never to be seen or heard from again. Of all the terrible, useless, dead weight newbies Frank has forced on us I think Nina's existence takes the cake and makes me the most ragey. MSt grates every single nerve in this role. 

I know its 99% likely Willow is Nina's daughter (ZZzzzz....) I can already feel the cringe of those two sharing a scene. 

A shame too. The Willow actress is not good. Sasha's actress is better imo.

• Love 1

Man, Sam has been hanging around Sonny far too long because her excuse today that her conning men out of money was totes okay because they were greedy, old, and totally deserved it was straight out of his playbook.  I really don't know why the show needs to dust this old backstory off.

Jumping from Laura kinda figuring out the Charlotte/Aiden sitch yesterday to her asking "Kevin" for a referral was weird.  Did she even tell Lulu?  But yikes, Ryan was ice cold giving her divorce papers in that moment.

Dr. O looked fly.  But, oh girl, don't fall for this!

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is random nurse giving Griffin Kiki's belongings?  He's not her next of kin. It's even doubtful she would have changed her "Powers of" to Griffin.

Why is random nurse giving anyone Kiki's belongings? Kiki's death was a homicide and her belongings are evidence and need to be examined/filed.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

NOOO!! Don't kill him off...just give him more/better stories for crying out loud.

Drew/BM is one of the increasingly fewer reasons I still watch this show.  He can be so fun & have such a sparkle in his eyes when given the right sl.

But that’s what the problem is for me.  Billy has been given barely anything since he started on this show. Jake Doe for a year. Not real Jasus for a year and a half with no real story probably because Burton was plotting to get his job back with Maurice and Laura the entire time. And now Drew with no memories and irrational Kim and big headed Oscar as his main stories. He’s playing a character with nothing for years. I’m saying this as more of a Drew fan at this point than a Billy fan but if he’s going to keep doing nothing, I'd rather he leave and be written off. It’s frustrating to watch this garbage.

The show proves time and time again he will never truly get a story and good guys never do well on GH. See Dante and Nathan. It’s the unholy trio and their trash that gets pushed. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't care about Drew, really, but kill Franco before him. Kill Franco before LWB/FS, even. Just kill Franco.

Does Chandelier have a bat signal?

21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Man, Sam has been hanging around Sonny far too long because her excuse today that her conning men out of money was totes okay because they were greedy, old, and totally deserved it was straight out of his playbook. 

I don't even get why they feel the need to justify it that much. She was conning them, not murdering them, and it was a long time ago.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't even get why they feel the need to justify it that much. She was conning them, not murdering them, and it was a long time ago.

Agreed.  Just leave it at "I did what I had to do to take care of my brother."  I don't know why we needed to lay a layer of victim blaming on top.

• Love 4

The victim blaming is because nice people don't steal/con even if they do need the money for medical expenses. The victim blaming makes what she did perfectly all right. In fact, it's the person sending her the obit that is evul.

I still haven't figured out why Sam is after the person. Maybe he or she just did it so Sam would know that he had died.  I would hope that someone comes after her for revenge except that I know it's going to be Jason saving her, aided by Spinelli, and I don't need any more of that.

15 minutes ago, Hater said:

The show suggests to me he will never truly get a story and good guys never do well on gh. See Dante and Nathan. It’s the holy trio and their trash that gets pushed. 

Yeah and it's killing the show. Paevey wasn't the best actor but they really blew it by not giving Dante things worthy of the actor's talents.

• Love 7

what the hell is this? Finn and Anna dancing merrily while discussing Kiki's murder?

It was a bad idea to murder Kiki just because it shows how pretty much the only people who gave a shit are Franco, Ava, and Griffin. Everyone else is like, "oh wow, we, uh, knew her. Well, we knew about her." Even Julian, her damn uncle. "I thought we'd get a chance to get to know each other later." You've been living in the same town for 5 years dude! You didn't give a shit about getting to know her! 

Like this:

Curtis: I'm sorry for your loss. She was your cousin, right?

Sam: That's right, yeah, that's right.

Like she didn't know until Curtis told her lol. 

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Agreed.  Just leave it at "I did what I had to do to take care of my brother."  I don't know why we needed to lay a layer of victim blaming on top.

Ever since Cartini came on, they've really made Sam into an adult ingenue. Even her past can't be that flawed now.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I still haven't figured out why Sam is after the person. Maybe he or she just did it so Sam would know that he had died.  I would hope that someone comes after her for revenge except that I know it's going to be Jason saving her, aided by Spinelli, and I don't need any more of that.

Of course that’s what it’s all about because they cannot organically bring them together as we have witnessed for months. But they now need a stalker so Jasus can play rescue again and save saint sam.  Problem is nothing is going to help how horrible burton and Monaco are together these days. No classic Jason rescue is saving that.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Does Chandelier have a bat signal?

Sadly, no, because Chandy tragically died in the line of fire, as it were, when killing Ford. A nobler death has yet to happen on a soap. But maybe there's a sconce or something wanting revenge...

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But didn't someone already come after her for revenge related to her conwoman past?  So Sam herself should know what she did was not victimless and consequence-free.

Yep. Amelia came into town to right the wrongs Sam did to her (Amelia's) father.

• Love 5

Jason saving Sam will be enough for the  vocal JaSam lovers. Even Jason and Sam staring blankly into each other's eyes is enough for them.  Apparently the show doesn't care about them to write a real story for either character, it just wants to tick the JaSam box.

It's really ironic that Sam says that being with Drew stifled her when with Jason, all she really is is a dark-haired Barbie doll.

12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

what the hell is this? Finn and Anna dancing merrily while discussing Kiki's murder?

That's nailed what was bothering me about the scene. Anna and Finn were acting like they were on a cruise vacation instead of treating Kiki's murder as a murder.

I can't believe how much this affair with Finn is dragging Anna down. The show has no idea what to do with them, no idea why the characters are even together except that they were both single and of a similar age, and no idea how to write chemistry for them that isn't at the 16 year old level.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That's nailed what was bothering me about the scene. Anna and Finn were acting like they were on a cruise vacation instead of treating Kiki's murder as a murder.

And is dancing merrily with her paramour how a WSB agent prepares to face off with her dangerous, lethal mortal enemy, whose treatment of her children she suddenly super cares about?  Dr. O could have put a cap in both their asses and they would have deserved it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Barely watched the show but Ryan's glee at being described a serial killer made me chuckle. They should play up a more dark comedy thing with the murders because as is, it's already stagnant.

• Love 2

I know that they live in Port Charles, but everyone is just acting super casual that Kiki, that chick they sorta kinda knew and who may or may not have been their cousin, was stabbed to death and some other lady got fucking beheaded. Like maybe Laura should have said "hey Alexis don't sneak up on me like that BECAUSE THERE'S A SERIAL KILLER RUNNING AROUND."

And yesterday's conversation between Drew and Franco was so weird.

Franco: Oh hey man. You know, I'm really feeling dark today, it's crazy.

Drew: Eh buddy that's just the rage talking. What's for lunch?

Kiki was part of Michael's family? By that logic, is Ava family too?

We have Michael, who at this point is known for his string of lukewarm romances and general, shall we say, non-intensity. The writers' bright idea? Have him bond with a soft spoken woman at a bereavement group. Okay!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

We have Michael, who at this point is known for his string of lukewarm romances and general, shall we say, non-intensity. The writers' bright idea? Have him bond with a soft spoken woman at a bereavement group. Okay!

Farina meets vanilla pudding.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I know that they live in Port Charles, but everyone is just acting super casual that Kiki, that chick they sorta kinda knew and who may or may not have been their cousin, was stabbed to death and some other lady got fucking beheaded. Like maybe Laura should have said "hey Alexis don't sneak up on me like that BECAUSE THERE'S A SERIAL KILLER RUNNING AROUND."

It's probably hard for them to get worked up about stuff like that since nobody ever stays dead.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's probably hard for them to get worked up about stuff like that since nobody ever stays dead.

Not to mention the town already has a few serial killers living there and no one seems to care.

• Love 9

BM was a great actor on Y&R-crazy, funny and unpredictable. He’s so very wasted on this show and he knows it. With all of the awful actors on this show, they can’t write a good role for one of the few who can really emote? Huh? Really, writers? Give this guy something to do with someone who can give us something to be interested in for a change. 

• Love 10