Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ouinason said:

Watching Drew kiss Liz's forehead gave me warm fuzzies.  I love him.  He's the bestest.  Can I have one?

One of the things that sets Drew apart from many of the  characters on this show is that he has empathy. His world doesn't consist only of the handful of people he cares about and to get his own way. That's why he has room in his life for Elizabeth,  for Jake and Danny,  to actually give Sam space rather than just pretending to. To be a father to Oscar as well as to Jake and Danny, a real son-in-law to Alexis. And to be the son to Monica that she's been longing for.

He even had the compassion to drive Carly to the hospital after everything she's done to him.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That said, I appreciate the affection between Drew and Elizabeth. At least not everyone has cut him because he's not Jason.

In the interest of fairness, Drew still has Monica, who has adamantly made it clear she still loves him and considers him her son, much as she’s happy that Jason is back. Alexis likes him - putting aside that she’s never been Jason’s biggest fan. And it was a mutual split between him and Sonny, far as I can tell.

• Love 4

Paraphrasing, she told Elizabeth she knew something about living with a tortured man, and that Elizabeth shouldn't give up when things are tough. She never mentioned Kevin's name, but it was clear (if you knew the history) that's who she meant.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

something I read on Twitter makes it sound like Lucy talks about her relationship with Kevin. 

Yes, Kevin wasn't actually named.   Liz, claiming emotional exhaustion, is trying to weasel out of the Nurses' Ball, and Lucy says:

Okay, look, I don't really know what's going on, but I can only assume it's about franco. Okay, so I'm just gonna say this and get it done, okay? Okay. I was once very, very, very much in love with a man in torment. So I know wh-what it's like to hold on to love and hope and just hang on by your fingertips. So... my advice, hold on tight. Because really, love is worth it.

• Love 1

I can't wait for the first time Jason puts her in harm's way because of his "business."

Participating in major international criminal activities that resulted Sam having her mother fly overseas to ensure the safety of her children - perhaps qualifies.  SBu may have been a 'get' at one time, but RC/FV have hired multiple middle-aged actors who can deliver a better product.  There is no Sonny/Luke safety net for Jason anymore and definitely no chemistry with Sam that there might have been when SBu first was hired (conjecture as I was not watching this soap at the start of SBu's first stint).

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 6

Sonny's "Ava is forcing me to pick between my father and my daughter! " is mind-bogglingly stupid. For one thing,  Ava isn't forcing him to never see Avery,  she just isn't going to live in the same house. Avery spends most of her time in school or with her nanny anyway.

For another,  not only is there an easy fix for the Mike situation -- give him a fulltime caregiver -- it's also something that's becoming increasingly necessary independent of Avery and Ava.

I hate it when a TV show treats me as if I'm an idiot.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

For another,  not only is there an easy fix for the Mike situation -- give him a fulltime caregiver -- it's also something that's becoming increasingly necessary independent of Avery and Ava.

This just made me think of something.  I guess it's nice that they're doing an Alzheimer's story, but Carly and Sonny have all the resources in the world. You're right.  They could hire a full-time caregiver.  They have a big house that they can easily accommodate him.  They have extended family in Michael and Dante, etc.  It would be interesting to have an Alzheimer's story in a more real world situation.  Such as if Elizabeth had a parent she had to take care of.  Her only other family in the area are her 3 minor children that she's still raising.  She has to work as a full-time nurse to pay the bills.  Hiring a full-time caretake probably wouldn't be a viable option.  And she may not even have an extra bedroom.

• Love 7

Dear Show,

Please stop trying to compare this gross Liz/Murderhobo relationship to GH relationships that weren't actual garbage. Also? Please stop using vets who were part of soap super-couples to prop this mess.

Kthxbye

• Love 11
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Paraphrasing, she told Elizabeth she knew something about living with a tortured man, and that Elizabeth shouldn't give up when things are tough. She never mentioned Kevin's name, but it was clear (if you knew the history) that's who she meant.

Interesting.  I mean, I super don't love that Kevin and Lucy's history is being brought up in the context of/compared to Liz and Franco, but that is interesting, especially given they didn't have Lucy spell out exactly who or what she was talking about.

If the show is really stupid enough to not bring Genie Francis back, it would kinda be interesting to see Kevin and Lucy's friendship reignite in the absence of his wife, kinda the reverse of what was going on in, what, 2013, when Kevin kept going out of town and Lucy was struggling with his absence, which partially led her back to Scotty.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Interesting.  I mean, I super don't love that Kevin and Lucy's history is being brought up in the context of/compared to Liz and Franco, but that is interesting, especially given they didn't have Lucy spell out exactly who or what she was talking about.

If the show is really stupid enough to not bring Genie Francis back, it would kinda be interesting to see Kevin and Lucy's friendship reignite in the absence of his wife, kinda the reverse of what was going on in, what, 2013, when Kevin kept going out of town and Lucy was struggling with his absence, which partially led her back to Scotty.

I thought she was talking about Kevin O'Connor.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't understand why no one has suggested this. It's not admitting defeat, it's making sure Mike is getting the help he needs and deserves. But of course, the story is about Sonny, not Mike.

• Love 9

I really wish that if they were going to do some baby from the past story with Anna they just brought her daughter back to life instead of what they've done now. I really really like Peter, but I don't like this history for her. Not to mention I have a hard time believing he's older than Robin by as much as he would have to be

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 4
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎27 at 8:26 PM, paisley said:

Robert F. Scorpio makes everything better. Do you think perhaps he might see his brother while in town?  I want him to stay forever. Even TV Guide mentioned how special he is.

Drew kissing Elizabeth's head was kinda cute. Maybe it could heal her of this Franco fixation.

I prefer Finn/Anna to Finn/Alexis but while this son of Faison foolishness is going on I'll deal with Finn/Alexis.

Franco contacting the Jim Harvey victims seems wrong.  If it must be done maybe a letter would be better than a phone, a little less invasive. Like others have said this is more about Franco's pain resolution than helping the other victims.  Seems mighty selfish.

The animal tranquilizer I  requested for Nina can also be shared with Lucy.

It is amazing how his performance elevates what is generally a shit show.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Katy M said:

This just made me think of something.  I guess it's nice that they're doing an Alzheimer's story, but Carly and Sonny have all the resources in the world. You're right.  They could hire a full-time caregiver.  They have a big house that they can easily accommodate him.  They have extended family in Michael and Dante, etc.  It would be interesting to have an Alzheimer's story in a more real world situation.  Such as if Elizabeth had a parent she had to take care of.  Her only other family in the area are her 3 minor children that she's still raising.  She has to work as a full-time nurse to pay the bills.  Hiring a full-time caretake probably wouldn't be a viable option.  And she may not even have an extra bedroom.

Yes, it is kind of ridiculous that Carson wouldn't have live-in support for Mike.  For the rest if us, it is a huge challenge.

I still don't get why CPS was not called in when little Avery was missing overnight.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Katy M said:

I see what you mean, but if they gave Elizabeth the story, she would only be as financially strapped by it as the writing wanted her to be. If they wanted to sweep high caretaking costs under the rug, Franco would sell one of his painteens (tm Liz), or Jason would pay for everything because she's his baby mama and he's the enforcer with a heart of gold, or Drew the media mogul would tell her in his tender stroke-speech not to worry about how much things were going to cost, or the hospital would hold a fundraiser and we'd see Epiphany strong-arming the six richest people in town (who are played by actors on the show) because the best nurse in the history of General Hospital is in need ("AND SHE'S HELPED ALL OF YOU BEFORE!").  

The writing did make an issue of Liz and Lucky being this close to bankruptcy when they needed to justify the surrogacy story with Jax and his then-wife whose name escapes me, but otherwise Liz is generally shown living comfortably. In my opinion, the value in an Alzheimer's story on a soap is more the emotional beats that you can play with characters of any means, and this one so far has been pretty good on that level.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, statsgirl said:

Sonny's "Ava is forcing me to pick between my father and my daughter! " is mind-bogglingly stupid. For one thing,  Ava isn't forcing him to never see Avery,  she just isn't going to live in the same house. Avery spends most of her time in school or with her nanny anyway.

However (and he has a point, and it's his damn fault), Ava would be very inclined to gain full custody with Draconian terms favorable to her, and he'd be lucky if he got to see a Snapchat picture of Avery, plus a Restraining Order against "Mommy" Carly from getting within the same zip code as Avery.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

However (and he has a point, and it's his damn fault), Ava would be very inclined to gain full custody with Draconian terms favorable to her, and he'd be lucky if he got to see a Snapchat picture of Avery, plus a Restraining Order against "Mommy" Carly from getting within the same zip code as Avery.

How dare you--nothing is ever Sonny's fault! /GHBible

But, seriously, I totally agree.  Sonny has used every trick in the book to keep Avery away from Ava and what's good for one mobster is good for the other.

• Love 9

The thing is, and maybe it's just me, but if Avery wanted to see Sonny or Carly, I can see Ava agreeing to it for Avery's sake .   That's not happening with Sonny and Carly in control unless Ava blackmails him into it.  Even Michael is standing guard against Ava seeing Avery, and Kiki too when anyone is watching.

• Love 11

Bless Jason's heart for attempting to dissuade Lulu from her dumbass plan, but he probably shouldn't have even bothered. If everything that happened with Nathan and Faison didn't teach Lulu to execute every caution when dealing with a potentially dangerous unknown entity, then she's beyond help. 

I don't like Nelle, but Carly and Diane recoiling from her as if she has cooties is a bit uncalled for. They both acted like they were dying to bolt an escape. Kiss-ass Nelle is a marginal step up from Lame Scheming Nelle, but she's still kinda awful. I hope Chloe Lanier considers her Emmy adequate compensation for this thankless role.

Sonny tried so hard to swallow the words "I'm giving Ava joint custody," like it was killing him to admit defeat. Tough shit, dude. He can't sit there and threaten Ava with the Paul sex stuff and weaponize Kiki against her and not expect Ava to retaliate with everything that's in her arsenal. Conceding to joint custody is actually Sonny getting off easy, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the mental torment he and Carly have inflicted on Ava over the past year.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The thing is, and maybe it's just me, but if Avery wanted to see Sonny or Carly, I can see Ava agreeing to it for Avery's sake .   

I don't see Ava agreeing to that at all. Maybe in a couple of years.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Linny said:

Conceding to joint custody is actually Sonny getting off easy, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the mental torment he and Carly have inflicted on Ava over the past year.

Yeah, and he gets to praise himself that he's doing it for Mike.

Everything that Sonny said to Ava was a "back at ya". Carly telling Ava that it's her fault that Avery doesn't know her also fits in there.  I wish Ava had gone for sole custody because Sonny and Carly are really toxic parents.

Sam told Curtis that she was going to get out of Aurora.  Yes, when she found out about Henrik she said she could leave Drew to handle it alone. But that whole speech about wanting to stay because she feels that she has something  to contribute to Aurora was a lie.  Looks like the Sonny/Carly/Jason hypocrisy is catching.

One "accidental" trip with Jason and Sam wants a divorce from Drew.  So much for a soapy triangle. I really hope Drew gets custody of Scout since Sam is more interested in playing games with Jason and Spinelli than her children.

ETA:

I don't see Ava agreeing to that at all. Maybe in a couple of years.

She just did though. With Sonny's mob ties and his denial that there was any harm in Mike taking Avery and it's just "an accident and won't happen again", she has a decent case for sole custody.  Instead she offered joint custody suggesting she doesn't want to cut Sonny and Carly out of Avery's life the way Sonny wants to cut her out.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The thing is, and maybe it's just me, but if Avery wanted to see Sonny or Carly, I can see Ava agreeing to it for Avery's sake . 

When she has all the leverage, she wouldn't, whether because she doesn't want to share or payback for missed time. She originally was going to use the situation  with Mike for sole custody. 

If she decided to ask for joint custody,  I am assuming it was because Scott advised her against it or she realized that Sonny might sacrifice Mike for Avery if she went for sole custody.

I really don't care if this finally ends the custody issue once and for all. Let Avery grow up hating both parents and be done with this.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Linny said:

He can't sit there and threaten Ava with the Paul sex stuff and weaponize Kiki against her and not expect Ava to retaliate with everything that's in her arsenal.

What cracks me up is the umbrage he takes when Ava does retaliate. The nerve of Ava using dirty tricks to get her daughter back! It's ridiculous.

49 minutes ago, nilyank said:

be done with this.

Please let this happen. It's so gross to watch Sonny taunt Ava using Avery. It's also so stupid Ava hasn't tried harder to get some sort of custody before now. Just end the fight once and for all.

• Love 9

After watching the scene(s) of Anna giving Robert the details of targeting Faison and later giving birth, I ... almost believe Anna has delusions about what happened in her past, due to memories planted This "storyline" has been so poorly written and badly managed that not even Finola and Tristan can sell it, IMO. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Linny said:

If everything that happened with Nathan and Faison didn't teach Lulu to execute every caution when dealing with a potentially dangerous unknown entity, then she's beyond help. 

But Lulu feels guilty! She's going to be more careful this time!

Isn't Diane advising Nelle on anything legal a conflict of interest, given she's the Corinthos family lawyer? 

Nelle really needs to learn how to read a room.

Preview: "There's only one outcome for a patient with Alzheimer's..." Everyone is going to die, eventually. I really wish the writers would be more careful with language in this story, particularly.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Isn't Diane advising Nelle on anything legal a conflict of interest, given she's the Corinthos family lawyer? 

Why wouldn't Nelle go to Scotty, given he's Ava's bud AND a known Corinthii hater?

• Love 5

It's to get Carly in a mental hospital so she can keep Carly away from Michael and so she can swoop in and comfort Michael and win him back.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's to get Carly in a mental hospital so she can keep Carly away from Michael and so she can swoop in and comfort Michael and win him back.

Oh, right! Why isn't Nelle lurking around GH watching Carly get tested and seeing Kevin, cackling and rubbing her hands together with glee? The momentum of the story on her side is nonexistent.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:55 PM, RachelKM said:

.  Just because she isn't running a crime organization or presently drugging/withholding drugs/shooting/threatening anyone with arson, doesn't make her a decent person. 

I think it gives Ava higher ,moral ground than CarSon. Sonny is impossible,  and Carly prides herself on being such a mother that she should understand Ava's maternal feelings.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

With Sonny's mob ties and his denial that there was any harm in Mike taking Avery and it's just "an accident and won't happen again", she has a decent case for sole custody.  Instead she offered joint custody suggesting she doesn't want to cut Sonny and Carly out of Avery's life the way Sonny wants to cut her out.

Sonny proved it's all about winning for him when, in response to Ava saying he'll still have his daughter, he said "half a daughter."  THAT'S how Sonny views sharing custody/co-parenting.  What a fucking pig he is.  And all the horrified looks when Sonny said that he agreed to joint custody proved that that sentiment bleeds over to the assholes he calls family.

You know, I hope when Griffin and Kiki chastise Ava she tells them both to take a flying leap.

• Love 13

I'm going to leave this folder on Nathan West in my office.  Because, why?  Peter August is too stupid to live.  And I'm going to tie it with these cute little ribbons I got from Michael's so that I know that the bow is different, therefore I know someone opened the file.   

Curtis couldn't snap a picture on his phone of the file to show Neenah? 

Please don't make Robert talk to the punk that is Jason like he respects him.  Robert should treat Jason like something he scraped off his shoe. 

Every time someone tells Lulu she is being reckless and stupid, all she hears is "blah, blah, blah".

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Every time someone tells Lulu she is being reckless and stupid, all she hears is "blah, blah, blah".

Aren't Lulu and Curtis and Anna and Scorpio all interfering in an ongoing police investigation (Faison/Heinrick/Peter)?

• Love 1

Carly to Ava:  Wait til Avery finds out you had a hand in her brother's death

Me to Carly :  wait til Avery finds out her father actually killed her brother's father.

Me to Carly:  Shut up Carly

Me to Ava;  Get that deal in writing before you open your mouth in court

• Love 14

Convince me that there is anything about him [Valentin] that would strike anything even remotely resembling fear in Helena?

At least he is dreading his marriage to Nina.  He is another notch in the failed Michelle Stafford experiment which pales in comparison to the years that the audience has been forced to endear itself to James Franco's experiment.   How can Nina fail when she is married to a Cassadine?  How can Franco fail when he is dating/married to the only regular hospital character?  Maybe it's that Sonny and his clan have stunk the joint up so bad that Nina and Franco, comparatively speaking aren't as painful to watch?  That earthquake held so much promise.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Carly to Ava:  Wait til Avery finds out you had a hand in her brother's death

Me to Carly :  wait til Avery finds out her father actually killed her brother's father.

Me to Carly:  Shut up Carly

My conversation to Carly had so many loud curses in it all 3 of my cats got scared and ran out of the room. 

I hate those hypocritical fuckers, everything Sonny and Carly accuse Ava of has been done by them tenfold.

On the petty-front, I was really happy GH did so poorly at the Emmys, I think it was awesome that the only major winners (as far as I know) were Nelle and Stella, 2 characters I don't love but 2 actors who are so damn good they shine thru the shit scripts they are given. One can only hope the trend continues next year, with stupid Sonny's father Mike winning, and hopefully Sonny not winning anything since the Mike actor is carrying this whole storyline. 

Hey Mike, next time you get arrested for some ridiculous reason (please let it not have anything to do with Ava, get the fuck outta here show with your nonstop Ava hate) make sure you start telling every cop in the place about that field. 

Also, Robert Fucking Scorpio!!!!

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ava did mention getting the custody agreement in writing, surprisingly.

5 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

make sure you start telling every cop in the place about that field

It wasn't explicitly mentioned, but you know that was the main reason Sonny didn't want Mike to have to testify. Because it would hurt Sonny, not because Mike would be humiliated. I'm a bit surprised some crumb wasn't dropped, though maybe that will still happen.

• Love 8

I will forever pledge my devotion to this soap if they have Alcazar suddenly come back from the dead and shoot Sonny in the head during the Nurse's Ball, have Lucy request someone remove the body, and then go on with the show. Bonus points if the aftermath has Jason and Carly riding off into the sunset together never to be heard from again.

• Love 20

I'm taking umbrage at Jordan's conversation with Dante, only because I don't think she'd be so unprofessional as to have that kind of personal talk with a co-worker while they're both on the clock. I'd feel differently if they'd been at Kelly's or somewhere other than the PCPD. Those scenes mostly functioned as a reminder that Jordan's been underserved as a character; outside of her job and her relationship with Curtis, she doesn't really have any defining links to the rest of the canvas.

The only way Carly could have been more conspicuous taking that pill is if she'd done it with her top off. I really dislike this implicit judgment that only "crazy" people need to see therapists and be on prescription drugs. Seeking treatment should not be equated with weakness, and Carly shouldn't feel ashamed for seeing Kevin.

Ava giving Lucy a check and then giving her the brush-off was perfection. Finally someone dropped the pretense that Lucy is anything more these days than an annoying mosquito hovering for lifeblood to fuel the Nurses' Ball.

• Love 8