Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Here here.  He is doing great.  Sadly, it makes it even more clear just how bad Maurice Bernard is. Pretty bad considering I'm pretty sure this entire storyline was done for his (MB's) Emmy reel. I'm not sure what the opposite of the midas touch is, but he has it.

Well just hope for Gail to get the nom next year and for Maurice to subtlety cry in the press, and then Frank will hold a presser to credit Gail's win to the one and only Maurice! The leader of GH!  <vomits>  

• Love 3

It is really unfortunate that Max Gail can't continue on the show long term. He's doing an excellent job and would really add something positive to Port Charles.

I'm ready for another, more better natural disaster. A tornado perhaps. This time instead of choosing folks I want to die, my exclusive survivor list would include Robert, Anna, day player nurses, Finn, Kim, Monica, Drew, Ned, Ava, Scott, Laura, Kevin, Lucas, Epiphany, Dante, Charlotte, exceptionally attractive Curtis (who should be in a story arc with Robert and Drew), Jordan, TJ, Michael, son of Faison minus the bs backstory and that's about it. Brave New World, survivors standing amid the mass destruction in the sunlight.

Tristan Rogers is pure gold.

Somebody shoot Nina with an animal tranquilizer.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

About what? It's no secret Mike has Alzheimer's, and Sonny is free to ignore everyone's advice about how Mike would be best taken care of.

Under the Duty to Warn (sometimes called  the Tarasoff Duty), a doctor can break doctor/patient confidentiality if the patient or another party is in danger of harm because of the patient. 

Griffin, as his doctor, knows that Max's dementia has reached the stage where he should not be left alone with a young child because he often doesn't know what he is doing.  Sonny is in complete denial about this, for him "it was an accident and will never happen again".  The others (Jordan etc.) know that Max has dementia but they don't know the extent because they are not doctors. I think that  Griffin needs to state publicly that Max is not well enough to be alone with Avery. 

I'm not a lawyer but based on the Tarasoff decision, if anything happens to Avery because Sonny though "it will never happen again", Ava has a case for suing Griffin for failing to disclose the extent of Maxi's dementia.

ETS: Max is probably at the "could accidentally cause a fire by leaving the stove on" stage and while I wouldn't mind it for Carly and Sonny,  and can they please take Michael,  Nelle, Jason, Diane and Max with them, Avery needs to be protected.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

I know the couch is butt-ugly, but do people have to sit on coffee tables in order to talk to each other? 

Poor Griffin, feeling sorry for his bestie, Sonny.   As Mike's doctor, he should be offering solutions, not blindly taking Sonny's side.

I'm not sure why Sonny gave Ava anything if they were going to lock up Mike anyway. 

"Promise you'll never tell."  Yeah, like that's going to happen.

• Love 1

I wish that I could burn it from my mind but the sex scenes between Sonny and Ava was the most disgusting scenes that I have ever seen, love in the afternoon, they weren't.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LillyB said:

I wish that I could burn it from my mind but the sex scenes between Sonny and Ava was the most disgusting scenes that I have ever seen, love in the afternoon, they weren't.

I have to disagree. Ava has always been hot, and she likes sex. When she started sliding down Sonny's pantsleg to her knees while fumbling with his belt and zipper I was riveted even though slimebag Sonny was the other half of the couple.

I think Sonny is mainly responsible for their mutual hate. He's really inflicted suffering on Ava by denying her access to their child Avery. I don't think they are the same horrible person. Look at Sonny's long history of murder and criminal acts in the Port Charles community and indeed up and down the Eastern seaboard. Ava has been there only a fraction of the time Sonny has infested it, and she has a thriving legitimate business that brings culture and class to the community.

Olivia (Julian's crime-boss sister) is much more like Sonny than Ava could ever be.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Ava has been there only a fraction of the time Sonny has infested it, and she has a thriving legitimate business that brings culture and class to the community.

The biggest show/artist from her gallery was Franco. So......

I also don't feel so bad for her due to the fire and her subsequent injuries. She set the fire and wanted to trap Sonny and Carly after they found out that switched Morgan's medication. Her injuries were later downgraded to just the scar on her face which she spent months whining that she looked like a monster. 

It was just the same as any Sonny storyline that is just to distract his previous crimes. I don't take any of those  feel sorry for me storylines seriously because Sonny and Ava go back to their previous bad behavior. agtrr the storyline is done.

• Love 3

Can someone fill me in what happened after Sonny and Carly came home from the PCPD?  World news cut in with a special report.  I know there was about 3 minutes left, but didn't see the ending of the episode.

11 hours ago, paisley said:

It is really unfortunate that Max Gail can't continue on the show long term. He's doing an excellent job and would really add something positive to Port Charles.

I'm ready for another, more better natural disaster. A tornado perhaps. This time instead of choosing folks I want to die, my exclusive survivor list would include Robert, Anna, day player nurses, Finn, Kim, Monica, Drew, Ned, Ava, Scott, Laura, Kevin, Lucas, Epiphany, Dante, Charlotte, exceptionally attractive Curtis (who should be in a story arc with Robert and Drew), Jordan, TJ, Michael, son of Faison minus the bs backstory and that's about it. Brave New World, survivors standing amid the mass destruction in the sunlight.

Tristan Rogers is pure gold.

Somebody shoot Nina with an animal tranquilizer.

Here here! He is what got me through losing Nathan. If they had to kill off one hottie, at least they kept another who also has acting chops... so why doesn't he get storylines? MORE CURTIS! 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

Can someone fill me in what happened after Sonny and Carly came home from the PCPD?  World news cut in with a special report.  I know there was about 3 minutes left, but didn't see the ending of the episode.

Carly was ranting that Ava only has Avery for one night and that they still have the Ava/Paul recording (me: who cares?) to blackmail her with so she can't spend time with her kid.  Then Sonny coldly told her he'd take care of it and she should "take care of herself," lol, implying she was loony tunes and needed to see a shrink.

10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly was ranting that Ava only has Avery for one night and that they still have the Ava/Paul recording (me: who cares?) to blackmail her with so she can't spend time with her kid. 

Really? That's still a thing? Might as well try to blackmail Julian into revealing that he's Derek Wells.

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Doesn't the recording of Paul and Ava have Ava admitting she killed Connie?

I thought Carly running around telling people who are conversing with Ava that "She Killed Connie Falconeri!!!" was enough?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

The biggest show/artist from her gallery was Franco. So......

I also don't feel so bad for her due to the fire and her subsequent injuries. She set the fire and wanted to trap Sonny and Carly after they found out that switched Morgan's medication. Her injuries were later downgraded to just the scar on her face which she spent months whining that she looked like a monster. 

It was just the same as any Sonny storyline that is just to distract his previous crimes. I don't take any of those  feel sorry for me storylines seriously because Sonny and Ava go back to their previous bad behavior. agtrr the storyline is done.

Ava has a thriving import business with the art in her gallery. It's not just Franco's by a long shot. Remember the pricey sculpture that Mike deliberately broke during one of his dementia episodes? It was highly insured and was not Franco's.

The fire that damaged her face happened quite a while ago, but I thought it was more of an accident. At any rate, she was horribly burned and had to have several operations and skin grafts to repair it. Her injuries were not downgraded; they painfully healed in stages after surgeries and slow healing. She had to wear an attention-getting embarrassing face mask to protect the repairing skin layers. She didn't look normal.

Ava has tried to stay out of trouble. She has grown her career gallery, healed physically, found a mature and faithful lover, and more or less patiently suffered the sneers and taunts of CarSon  while they prevented her from seeing her baby Avery. She has faithfully supported her daughter Kiki's career decisions in medicine and repaired their relationship. I don't see her "going back to previous bad behavior".

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Carly was ranting that Ava only has Avery for one night and that they still have the Ava/Paul recording (me: who cares?) to blackmail her with so she can't spend time with her kid.  Then Sonny coldly told her he'd take care of it and she should "take care of herself," lol, implying she was loony tunes and needed to see a shrink.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Really? That's still a thing? Might as well try to blackmail Julian into revealing that he's Derek Wells.

Paul is dead. What does it matter now?

• Love 1

I really have to commend Vinessa Antoine on her work in her current storyline.  I noticed her coughing a few weeks ago and wondered if it was just something the actress had because it was done so naturally. Great build to this possible lung cancer storyline.  It's probably the storyline I am most interested in right now.  Well, that and Scotty continually pissing off Sonny.  That's always a favorite.

If it does turn out to be lung cancer, I wonder if they will even bring up the fact that Alexis went through it years ago. Probably not.  They'll probably just use this as a way to kill off Jordan.  After all, we have a strong, competent professional female who isn't completely evil or BSC on this show.  Can't have that.

No doubt they are splitting up Ava and Griffin.  Bummer because I actually liked them together at first.  Not a fan of him right now, though. In any case, are they really testing Kiki and Griffin? Because, honestly, Kiki and Ava just swapping men is rather disgusting. Whether it is a test or not, we first had Ava thinking something was going on with them and now it appears Dr. Bensch (seriously irritated at what they are doing to his character, BTW) is going to think something, as well.  I get we are supposed to reduce, reuse, and recycle, but I don't think that means storylines.

• Love 1

Ugh. Based on the facts I'm completely on Ava's side but they're going to make her so shrill and demanding, because they want everyone to support Sonny.  Even Scotty turned the dial up for too much.  I would have preferred him quietly whispering to Sonny "You took away my daughter, now I'm going to take away yours."

Max Gail, on the other hand, is killing it.

I'm liking Vinessa Antoine in this storyline, Jordan's got dignity and courage. Curtis, on the other hand, needs to seriously dial it back.  Some people don't want to go to Dr. Google because it just makes it more scary. Curtis needs to give Jordan what she needs, not what he thinks she should have.

9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

If it does turn out to be lung cancer, I wonder if they will even bring up the fact that Alexis went through it years ago.

Wasn't hers breast cancer?  (I remember particularly loathing Ric's behaviour during the time.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Ugh. Based on the facts I'm completely on Ava's side but they're going to make her so shrill and demanding, because they want everyone to support Sonny.  Even Scotty turned the dial up for too much.  I would have preferred him quietly whispering to Sonny "You took away my daughter, now I'm going to take away yours."

It would come full-circle, karmically, and it would be interesting soap and an ironic twist if Ava was to get full custody of Avery after everything Carly and Sonny did to keep Michael from AJ, not to mention how they have kept Avery from her for most of Avery's life. 

• Love 8

I wanted to stand up and cheer during Ava's custody rallying cry, because fuck yes, it's about time she stood up to Sonny and Carly's bullying. It's not fair for Ava to be treated as a pariah and allow Sonny and Carly to walk all over her when they're absolutely no better than her. I loved how Ava pointed out Kiki's two-faced behavior, too, because I've always taken issue with Kiki praising Sonny while vilifying Ava. And Griffin may think he's doing the right thing by pushing for peace, but this is Ava's daughter and Ava's decision, he needs to back off and let her handle this as she sees fit.

Shut up, Michael. Funny how "criminal" and "killer" are only pejorative when applied to Ava, never Sonny. Michael and Nelle are totally going to be the next generation Sonny and Ava, aren't they?

I'm actually sad that Jordan's cough may be due to lung cancer and I hope they're not killing her off like this. Jordan's one of a few POC on GH and she's a strong empowering female, I'd hate to see her role eliminated. I've complained before about Jordan and Curtis being bland, but their scenes today were really touching, and Curtis' impromptu proposal was sincere and romantic. He's worried and scared but he loves her, and he's not letting her go through this alone.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ugh. Based on the facts I'm completely on Ava's side but they're going to make her so shrill and demanding, because they want everyone to support Sonny.

I don't think that. I think tptb like both actors and characters. I think it's MW's choice to dial the notch up to 100 on her acting, Kin's too. He's boisterous in his scenes with Franco too.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm liking Vinessa Antoine in this storyline, Jordan's got dignity and courage. Curtis, on the other hand, needs to seriously dial it back.  Some people don't want to go to Dr. Google because it just makes it more scary. Curtis needs to give Jordan what she needs, not what he thinks she should have.

Wasn't hers breast cancer?  (I remember particularly loathing Ric's behaviour during the time.

It was lung.  I remember them really hammering the whole "you can get lung cancer even if you don't smoke" over and over.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It would come full-circle, karmically, and it would be interesting soap and an ironic twist if Ava was to get full custody of Avery after everything Carly and Sonny did to keep Michael from AJ, not to mention how they have kept Avery from her for most of Avery's life. 

Also, I was on one of my breaks then, but didn't Carly also conspire with Jax to keep Spencer (then John) away from Nikolas, by letting everyone think the baby was Jax?

Carly and Sonny can fuck right off when it comes to anything to do with custody issues.  You hang the biological father on a meat hook so he signs away his rights, you lose the moral high ground.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

You hang the biological father on a meat hook so he signs away his rights, you lose the moral high ground.

I'm pretty sure Sonny long ago moved so far away from the moral high ground he can't even see it any more.  

Nice throwback with Scott and Sonny talking about Karen.  Gosh, Sonny's just done so much crap.  I hate him.  Although, I feel a tad bit hypocritical (but take solace in the fact that it's not real so it doesn't matter) that I've always had a soft spot for Jason and should probably hate him just as much.

25 minutes ago, Linny said:

I wanted to stand up and cheer during Ava's custody rallying cry, because fuck yes, it's about time she stood up to Sonny and Carly's bullying. It's not fair for Ava to be treated as a pariah and allow Sonny and Carly to walk all over her when they're absolutely no better than her. I loved how Ava pointed out Kiki's two-faced behavior, too, because I've always taken issue with Kiki praising Sonny while vilifying Ava. And Griffin may think he's doing the right thing by pushing for peace, but this is Ava's daughter and Ava's decision, he needs to back off and let her handle this as she sees fit.

Is it wrong of me to think that poor Avery shouldn't be stuck with any of these people as parents.  Sonny is a gangster who has people killed, does some kind of illegal activity full-time and has harmed the lives of so many Port Charlesians. Carly is manipulative and selfish.  Ava killed Connie (I can't even remember why, but I know she did it) and then convinced Sonny that AJ did it, thus ensuring his death.  Let's give this poor little girl a chance.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, I was on one of my breaks then, but didn't Carly also conspire with Jax to keep Spencer (then John) away from Nikolas, by letting everyone think the baby was Jax?

Carly and Sonny can fuck right off when it comes to anything to do with custody issues.  You hang the biological father on a meat hook so he signs away his rights, you lose the moral high ground.

What did Carly and Jax have anything to do with Spencer and Nikolas? By that I mean, what would Carly have gotten by keeping Spencer away from Nikolas? She wasn't Spencer's mother.

4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What did Carly and Jax have anything to do with Spencer and Nikolas? By that I mean, what would Carly have gotten by keeping Spencer away from Nikolas? She wasn't Spencer's mother.

They needed a way to kick-start the Carly/Jax pairing...I mean, SWSNBN was her best friend!

BTW...I still kinda hate that Jax has one child who's now a total Corinthos stan.  I wish he and Skye had had a kid.  A Jacks/Q, yes please!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I don't think they are the same horrible person. Look at Sonny's long history of murder and criminal acts in the Port Charles community and indeed up and down the Eastern seaboard. Ava has been there only a fraction of the time Sonny has infested it, and she has a thriving legitimate business that brings culture and class to the community.

Wasn't Ava using her gallery as a front for Jerome family business? I was under the impression that it was the Jerome equivalent of Sonnybucks. And while she's only murdered a few people in PC, she and her brother have spent years mobstering elsewhere - and shooting Connie in the stomach and leaving her to bleed out indicated a long-standing familiarity with violence and a disregard for not only life, but pain. That's supposed to be a slow painful way to die.

Avery would've been infinitely better off with Michael Q

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I'm hoping MG and DZ can get a movie or tv series out of this, I think they are really good together.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I am forever annoyed at Sabrina for inexplicably cheerleading Michael to forgive Sonny and Carly for their roles in AJ's murder and for him to give Avery back.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Linny said:

This! I agree.  Hearing Ava list out all the reasons she is fed up with placating Sonny and Carly made me race to the TV and shout. The writers were clever to give Ava a strong voice and position at last, but to have Griffin undercut her by championing Sonny in the cause of peace was stupid. Why should Ava have even an ounce of mercy or compassion now on Sonny or Carly, who has been unrelenting in her cruel scowling attitude toward Avery's true mother? All this time Carly enjoyed nothing more than relishing her position of power over Ava and rubbing her face in helpless victimhood. I feel that Griffin's speeches were just a way for the writers to undermine Ava. His final comment that Ava should wait to do anything until he returned was infuriating. Griffin needs to SFU and back off.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This! I agree.  Hearing Ava list out all the reasons she is fed up with placating Sonny and Carly made me race to the TV and shout. The writers were clever to give Ava a strong voice and position at last, but to have Griffin undercut her by championing Sonny in the cause of peace was stupid. Why should Ava have even an ounce of mercy or compassion now on Sonny or Carly, who has been unrelenting in her cruel scowling attitude toward Avery's true mother? All this time Carly enjoyed nothing more than relishing her position of power over Ava and rubbing her face in helpless victimhood. I feel that Griffin's speeches were just a way for the writers to undermine Ava. His final comment that Ava should wait to do anything until he returned was infuriating. Griffin needs to SFU and back off.

Griffin asking for Ava to have mercy and/or compassion for Sonny (or Carly) is so irritating given that Griffin, of all people, should remember when Ava was severely burned in a hospital bed, needed mercy and/or compassion, and Sonny came into her room un-gowned, clueless or not caring of the potential damage that could do to Ava, and used that time to gloat in her face that he had received full custody and that even if she lived, she would never see Avery again or be allowed to be her mother. 

• Love 5

I missed when Griffin came on the show.  Is there a reason why he's so blindly Team Sonny? At this point it's ridiculous that he's always supporting Sonny against his girlfriend who is also giving him a place to live when he also knows the things Sonny does.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Bensch is now treating Kiki in a much more believable manner. From the first-person books I've read, interns and unproven newbies in the medical field are likely to be hazed and harassed during shadowing and rounds rather than being praised. As Bensch said, the students are there to learn, and should be ready with their own answers to fit the problems posed by the cases. They are supposed to be thinking on their feet. Hand-holding and receiving spoonfed information is not the point of shadowing programs. Kiki's whining was typical but clueless. The best way she can keep Bensch in line is to be steps ahead of him. If I were Kiki I would get all the case information on Bensch's patients and those he was assisting on and study up to be prepared.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is there a reason why he's so blindly Team Sonny?

He's a moron.  Originally he came on the show as Sonny's doctor, when Sonny was in a wheelchair.  They would meet in the hospital chapel and have deep conversations about their faith, and though Griffin mildly tried to get Sonny on the righteous path, he never severed ties with the mobster.  Maybe it's the Duke connection, except Sonny pretty much set Duke up to be killed, since Duke always was kind of inept at mobbing.  Yet Griff doesn't hold it against Sonny.  Yeah, I'm going with moron.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't Ava using her gallery as a front for Jerome family business? I was under the impression that it was the Jerome equivalent of Sonnybucks. And while she's only murdered a few people in PC, she and her brother have spent years mobstering elsewhere - and shooting Connie in the stomach and leaving her to bleed out indicated a long-standing familiarity with violence and a disregard for not only life, but pain. That's supposed to be a slow painful way to die.

I think the seed money for rent and initial objets did come initially from mob money, but I have the impression that Ava's gallery has long been legit. It was Julian's sister Olivia whose import business was thoroughly a laundry and front for the mob.

I know she was complicit in Connie's murder, but I don't know of any others that Ava is responsible for in PC. I maintain she has suffered more than enough and learned plenty since then, especially by her painful burn history and loss of Avery for so long. Sonny, Jason, et al. have murdered many more, yet haven't suffered or learned at all.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why should Ava have even an ounce of mercy or compassion now on Sonny or Carly,

I think the main problem was that she didn't care if Mike was institutionalized.  Which seemed like an odd argument from scotty.  That her endangerment claim would only work if MIke was eventually institutionalized.  Well, then he wouldn't be around any more and so he wouldn't be a danger. Duh.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Griffin asking for Ava to have mercy and/or compassion for Sonny (or Carly) is so irritating given that Griffin, of all people, should remember when Ava was severely burned in a hospital bed, needed mercy and/or compassion, and Sonny came into her room un-gowned, clueless or not caring of the potential damage that could do to Ava, and used that time to gloat in her face that he had received full custody and that even if she lived, she would never see Avery again or be allowed to be her mother. 

That whole thing was just weird. I thought he was going to ask Ava to have mercy and compassion for the person in the story who deserves mercy and compassion. Mike. Not Carly and Sonny. That's stupid considering how little compassion Carly and Sonny have for anyone who is not in their inner circle, see Drew for instance and how fast they dumped him.

Mike continues to be heartbreaking. Y&R are doing their own Alzheimer's storyline and it's nowhere near as good or as effective as this. 

• Love 6

Michael did refer to Sonny a criminal as well. He said, "Ava is a criminal and a murderer but I also know that someone can be both those things and still want what's best for their kids."

Edited by ulkis

On another note, I happened to see Nina and Valentin at the dinner party when she invited Peter and the model (whatever her name is). Maxie happens to show up to bring Nina some papers.  The whole scenario reminded me of how much I hated MS on Y&R. Is that woman on meth or something? She’s twerky, jerky, sweaty, unable to control her body, etc. Cannot stand to watch her at all!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

On another note, I happened to see Nina and Valentin at the dinner party when she invited Peter and the model (whatever her name is). Maxie happens to show up to bring Nina some papers.  The whole scenario reminded me of how much I hated MS on Y&R. Is that woman on meth or something? She’s twerky, jerky, sweaty, unable to control her body, etc. Cannot stand to watch her at all!

I paused it yesterday and it was on a moment where Nina had her arms up in the air. She looked like she was about to pounce.

Why did the show get out the shaky handheld camera view for Valentin and Peter simply walking in Wyndemere?!?!

I'm so confused about their relationship. What did Valentin tell Peter about himself? How did they meet, etc?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I know she was complicit in Connie's murder, but I don't know of any others that Ava is responsible for in PC. I maintain she has suffered more than enough and learned plenty since then, especially by her painful burn history and loss of Avery for so long. Sonny, Jason, et al. have murdered many more, yet haven't suffered or learned at all.

She wasn't complicit. She shot Connie in the stomach and left her to bleed out on the floor. She was complicit in AJ's murder (after several actual murder attempts) and Morgan's death. She and Julian have also murdered various mob flunkies since arriving in PC. She's definitely not worse than Sonny, but she's not better and neither of them is going to be good for that kid. Also? her painful burn history is entirely her own doing.

Right now, the best thing about her is that she occasionally has scenes with Scotty, so I get to see Franco-free Scotty scenes.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It was lung.  I remember them really hammering the whole "you can get lung cancer even if you don't smoke" over and over.

I think NLG's father died of lung cancer and was a nonsmoker, so she was really gung-ho for the story. Too bad it turned out to be one of the historically worst stories ever.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Avery would have been infinitely better off being adopted by someone not at all connected with Sonny or Port Charles.

Michael, don't ask your pregnant non-girlfriend to influence the mother of your half-sister. It's inappropriate and tacky.

Sorry to remind you, Ava, but you were "tortured by fire" because you were stupid enough to set your own gallery on fire. 

Carly's outfit was deeply unflattering. 

Poor Dante, having to try to reason with his idiot father.

Previews: "Spinelli stranded us here on purpose." *falls into rage blackout*

• Love 6

I remember Scotty from the old days. It really pains me now to see him. It seems like he can’t remember his lines, his clothing doesn’t fit him and his hair is...well, not good. He was so good looking, a good actor and believable as Laura’s love interest when he was younger. Of course, that was many years ago and we’ve all aged (Boy, have I aged!). But I’m not on TV. Perhaps it’s best that he’s been let go. He can go do something else he loves, hopefully.

11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm so confused about their relationship. What did Valentin tell Peter about himself? How did they meet, etc?

Since he was there when Anna gave birth, I honestly think in a fit of pettiness, Valentin was the one that engineered for Faison to get Peter. Considering his own murky ties with Faison, Valentin probably knew and watched Peter as he grew up. Like an unofficial godfather.

Because it makes no sense for Faison to end up with Anna's son. He had no idea that he slept with her or had gotten her pregnant. Someone had to know who that baby was in order to make sure that Faison got him.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Since he was there when Anna gave birth, I honestly think in a fit of pettiness, Valentin was the one that engineered for Faison to get Peter. Considering his own murky ties with Faison, Valentin probably knew and watched Peter as he grew up. Like an unofficial godfather.

But how did Valentin introduce himself to Peter? Did they meet someplace Peter worked?

9 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The fire that damaged her face happened quite a while ago, but I thought it was more of an accident. At any rate, she was horribly burned and had to have several operations and skin grafts to repair it. Her injuries were not downgraded; they painfully healed in stages after surgeries and slow healing. She had to wear an attention-getting embarrassing face mask to protect the repairing skin layers. She didn't look normal.

Ava has tried to stay out of trouble. She has grown her career gallery, healed physically, found a mature and faithful lover, and more or less patiently suffered the sneers and taunts of CarSon  while they prevented her from seeing her baby Avery. She has faithfully supported her daughter Kiki's career decisions in medicine and repaired their relationship. I don't see her "going back to previous bad behavior".

Starting the fire was absolutely not an accident, only getting trapped was.  Sonny and Carly were confronting her about tampering with Morgan's medication and Ava grabbed a lanturn and threw it at Carly's feet so she could flee out a back door.  It was just her bad luck that the door she planned to escape through was blocked.  She did this knowing that Sonny and Carly's only avenue of escape (on the other side of the fire Ava started) was to run through a dark, labyrinthian, unfamiliar warehouse.   She wasn't specifically trying to commit murder, but she started a dangerous fire with the knowledge it may kill Carson and possibly others with complete indifference to anything other than escaping the consequences of her own actions against Morgan.

In addition to murdering Connie in cold blood, Ava also shot Olivia Falconeri.  (Admittedly, she was aiming for Franco, so I have trouble getting too mad about that.)  Before setting Sonny up to kill AJ, she framed AJ for murder and then ordered Carlos Rivera to kill him.   Ava cannot claim any high ground with Sonny.  She may be trying to "turn her life around", but it's only been a few months.  And during that time, she's been encouraging Nelle to go after Carly (even if she didn't know the details and has cautioned her since) and schemed herself.  Just because she isn't running a crime organization or presently drugging/withholding drugs/shooting/threatening anyone with arson, doesn't make her a decent person. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I think the seed money for rent and initial objets did come initially from mob money, but I have the impression that Ava's gallery has long been legit. It was Julian's sister Olivia whose import business was thoroughly a laundry and front for the mob.

That's the feeling I get too. Ava's gallery is now a legit operation, unlike Sonny's "coffee importing" which we've seen used for mob-related activities.

• Love 6