Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why is Drew being nice to Carly?  She's a bitch who dropped him the minute he wasn't her BFF Jason and went out of her way to try and ruin his marriage.  I mean, feel bad about the whole Avery stitch, but Carly can take an Uber to the hospital.

It does prove that he's not The Real Jason though. I can't see Jason taking even the breath to tell off someone who treated him the way Carly treats Drew. He'd just walk away.

For researchers,  proof that being raised in an orphanage >>>>>>>>>>> brain damaged and tied to Sonny.

• Love 1

I thought by now we would see Franco the big hero again as he "rescues" Avery and Mike from the dog cage he's locked them in. [sarcasm]. Of course Elizabeth would know, but she wouldn't reveal anything because she wuvs Fwanco so much and does all she can to prop him in the community of Port Charles.

I would like to be a fly on the wall at Casa Corinthos to hear what Sonny and Carly say to Avery about her mother now that she is old enough to understand. I bet that it is nasty.

• Love 1

Between Drew praising Liz and Kim for being good moms and Sam dumping her kids on Alexis and the preview of her being on some sting operation, I don't know if there's a message here that I'm supposed to be looking at.

• Love 5

I don't understand where they think they are going with the Kiki/Bensch story.  I understand that they are reacting to the #metoo movement - but doesn't that mean Kiki should be speaking up and telling people what's going on?  Isn't that what the movement is all about? Women speaking up and being believed.

Also, I don't quite buy her being quiet about the whole thing.  When Kiki first came on the show, she was strong and bright and kind of gave the impression she wouldn't take anything from anyone. When did she become so...blah? 

And finally, Kiki should have gone to HR and said my baby sister is missing, I need to take some time off.  I know doctors/residents/interns can work crazy hours, but a personal emergency like that is not going to be shrugged off. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

And finally, Kiki should have gone to HR and said my baby sister is missing, I need to take some time off.  I know doctors/residents/interns can work crazy hours, but a personal emergency like that is not going to be shrugged off. 

Right? Plus, she knows Monica personally.

Er, Monica is still Chief of Staff, right? I don't actually watch much any more.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Also, I don't quite buy her being quiet about the whole thing.

I kinda do.  I think Dr. Bensch has muddied the waters enough that she's not sure what's going on and whether she should say anything.  And she doesn't have a close confidant to even lay out the broad strokes of this too ("OMG, this doctor at work was a total creeper, but I think I shut him down."). 

It's not the dumbest thing the show's doing right now, IMO.  But it does kinda feel like they don't know where it's going beyond "Dr. Bensch is a creep and Kiki reacts."

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Between that and Liz talking to Drew about how Betsy could think to let that man (Jim Harvey) into her home around her children, the rage was strong in this episode. The writers don't care that they constantly undermine Franco's "redemption," and they are constantly throwing Liz under the bus in their numerous attempts to do so.  

Liz asking that is all WTF, and not just because of Franco. Liz spawned with a freaking mob enforcer! The cognitive dissonance is off the charts.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I don't understand where they think they are going with the Kiki/Bensch story.  I understand that they are reacting to the #metoo movement - but doesn't that mean Kiki should be speaking up and telling people what's going on?  Isn't that what the movement is all about? Women speaking up and being believed.

Also, I don't quite buy her being quiet about the whole thing.  When Kiki first came on the show, she was strong and bright and kind of gave the impression she wouldn't take anything from anyone. When did she become so...blah? 

It's hard to admit someone was sleazing on you, especially when it's a superior. Especially if you're the first person making a complaint. One reason #MeToo took off is because a few very brave women stepped up and told their stories, making it easier for other women to feel they would be believed. As for being believed, look at how some of those women were dragged on Twitter for speaking out. It's never easy to challenge the status quo.

As for being quiet, going to HR about Bensch means Lauren is putting her entire career on the line. That's a lot.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's not the dumbest thing the show's doing right now, IMO.  But it does kinda feel like they don't know where it's going beyond "Dr. Bensch is a creep and Kiki reacts."

Yeah, I feel like the show is waiting to see what happens IRL before it decides what to do with this story.

Oh, FFS, Ava. There is no mob involvement in Avery and Mike's disappearance for either you or Sonny. Get a grip. It's so obvious that Mike wandered off because he's confused.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

St. Franco: Poor Sonny and Ava, I can't even imagine what they are going through.

Me: You didn't give a fuck about that when you aided and abetted Avery's first kidnapping sans tumor, dillhole.

Not to mention he took Aiden, Liz's child, as a newborn.  And he's talking to Liz about this and she's sympathizing.  I mean...

• Love 4

So annoyed that the Mike/Avery disappearance story is ALL ABOUT SONNY's PAIN in the end, because the missing are SONNY'S DAUGHTER and SONNY"S FATHER. Likewise, SONNY'S WIFE is giving him agita for good measure with her illness and erratic behavior.

Seems that the central characters that the stories are rotating around are pets SONNY and FRANCO, who are both serial killers and sociopaths.

• Love 4

Tamara Braun is so pretty and easy to watch on GH. Her smile is lovely and her calm demeanor is reassuring. She has good chemistry with the Julian character and with Drew too. She delivers her lines with a lively spirit that contrasts markedly with the dull mumbles of Kelly Monaco, the chipmunk antics of Michelle Stafford as Nina, or the garbled diction of Finola Hughes. To be perfect, the actress would need to get her limp lanky tresses cut in a pricey professional style.

• Love 7

Did Julian backhand the bar?  I would think hitting a solid object would wreck your knuckles first, not above your fingers. 

Look how quickly Sonny went off on Carly, blaming her.  The man is a prince. 

How does Ava know that Avery likes blowing bubbles, etc.?  AFAIK, they've never spent time together.

I love how everyone stays at home or at the police station, wringing their hands instead of, I dunno, going out and looking for them.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I love how everyone stays at home or at the police station, wringing their hands instead of, I dunno, going out and looking for them.

I actually thought Griffin was going to suggest doing a search around PC for Mike and Avery. But no he wanted to pray. Can't forget that he was a priest.

And Liz should record herself and listen to the things she says. It's hilarious. Yeah, how could Betsy let a monster near her young sons.

• Love 4

Exactly what is Franco's plan with the Jim Harvey victim list? He's going to contact the victims and say what? Is this about his healing process or theirs?

Elizabeth talking makes my head hurt. Until she can talk about something other than Franco just STFU!

Where's Robert? He should be on everyday to soothe my nerves. He is a glowing light in a dark forest of stupid.

Kim's hair is looking much better and fuller. So far she's not annoying and I like her and Julian together. Plus she's not making big heart eyes at Drew, she's mastered subtlety, a rare commodity in Port Charles. Perhaps she could have a workshop.

• Love 5
On 4/17/2018 at 4:19 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I've been sitting on this thought for a while, but...I kinda like Kim.  I really thought, as a former Carly, we'd be choking on Tamara Braun.  But they've been pretty restrained with that, they've mixed her in with new people, I dunno.

I am very pleasantly surprised by how much I like Kim!  I really hated TB’s version of Carly (it deviated too much from Sarah Brown’s portrayal for me), so I was not looking forward to her return.  But this role suits her much better, IMO, and it’s nice to have a female character who acts like a sensible independent adult rather than a clingy dope who lives in service of her man.  (I’m looking at you, Sam. And Liz. And Nina.)

On 4/18/2018 at 2:07 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Eww. My eyes.  I don't need Liz and Franco weirdo creepy sex scenes.  And this is coming from a person who doesn't hate Franco like seems to be the norm.

Ugh, yes.  Liz even turned her head away at one point, like she was also disgusted by the whole thing.

10 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So where do you think he took Avery?  Some place that he used to take Courtney, no doubt.  

I just assumed Nelle lured them both away, as part of her idiot plan.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's hard to admit someone was sleazing on you, especially when it's a superior. Especially if you're the first person making a complaint. One reason #MeToo took off is because a few very brave women stepped up and told their stories, making it easier for other women to feel they would be believed. As for being believed, look at how some of those women were dragged on Twitter for speaking out. It's never easy to challenge the status quo.

This.  I really like the way they’re handling this story so far, and I find Kiki’s reactions very realistic.  Also, if Kiki were to confide in Epiphany, Pip would put an end to that crap like, yesterday.  And then the story would be over.

• Love 3

Could someone explain how the paper (menu) that Nelle wrote on and Carly took changed? Did Nelle switch it out while she was watching Carly? I don't know how she could have done that but maybe I missed it.

Are we supposed to admire the way Anna is turning her granddaughter into a regular smarty-pants grifter? Emma catches on to lying and misrepresenting to the Swiss schools administrators so fast that woops! she's already thought of ways to spy and lie to them too, on her very own. She's just a chip off the old blocks, her grandparents. Isn't that cute and precious?

And Anna is setting such a good moral example, not chiding the child when she starts hammering away on the headmistress's own computer. In fact, Emma knows she is supposed to decoy the woman away from the room so that Anna can quickly check out the computer with her own itchy little digits too.

Robin should read the riot act to her parents if she ever finds out about their shady example and irresponsible behavior with Emma.

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

16 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So where do you think he took Avery?  Some place that he used to take Courtney, no doubt.  

Five will get you ten that Franco locked the old man and the toddler in the dog cage in his secret painting room. Because that's  how Franco rolls.

He's expressing his art.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The longer that Mike and Avery stay missing, the more I will think Nelle has them stashed somewhere. She had already witnessed one of Mike's episodes and used it to get closer to Michael. If she gets to "find" them, she will get to play the big hero for Michael and try to earn some points with his family that don't care for her as well as stress out Carly even more.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Could someone explain how the paper (menu) that Nelle wrote on and Carly took changed? Did Nelle switch it out while she was watching Carly? I don't know how she could have done that but maybe I missed it.

I think she used disappearing ink.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, paisley said:

Where's Robert? He should be on everyday to soothe my nerves. He is a glowing light in a dark forest of stupid.

You mean to tell me that he was only on on Monday? The fuck? So I can basically take this FAKAKTA show off my dvr and just watch clips on youtube, right? Until Robin returns for the Nurses Ball? And since Jason/Patrick left on good terms, why can't they let him appear with Robin for the Ball? Why am I even asking when the return of the Nurses Ball has been an INSULT to me anyways, to the original airings back in the '90s, when REAL people were discussed; the REAL people suffering from AIDS. I still remember the one from '96? Where they showed the AIDS quilt, while Miguel (Ricky Martin) was singing. Still brings tears and chills to me. As Robin's heartfelt speech. Or even the more organic mess ups from '94. Even when Tony crashed the last one in '98 was good.

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Ugh, yes.  Liz even turned her head away at one point, like she was also disgusted by the whole thing.

Oh, like she did when she and Nik were sexing it up?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, texastornado said:

Totally didn't think of that. Thanks.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You mean to tell me that he was only on on Monday? The fuck? So I can basically take this FAKAKTA show off my dvr and just watch clips on youtube, right? Until Robin returns for the Nurses Ball? And since Jason/Patrick left on good terms, why can't they let him appear with Robin for the Ball? Why am I even asking when the return of the Nurses Ball has been an INSULT to me anyways, to the original airings back in the '90s, when REAL people were discussed; the REAL people suffering from AIDS. I still remember the one from '96? Where they showed the AIDS quilt, while Miguel (Ricky Martin) was singing. Still brings tears and chills to me. As Robin's heartfelt speech. Or even the more organic mess ups from '94. Even when Tony crashed the last one in '98 was good.

Oh, like she did when she and Nik were sexing it up?

Tristin Rogers is so good. I think he FH are so good together without actually being together. LOL!!! They were so good in the scenes with Emma. They treat her like an equal. It's like watching Robin all over again. Although, I think KM was a stronger actor at that age but BS does a great job, too. TR should be put on contract. He just has that twinkle in his eye and brings so much fun to the screen.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Overall, the TS should be put on contract. He just has that twinkle in his eye.

AHEM!!!! It's TR. Personally, I prefer TristanFUCKING!Rogers! IF Sri Rao could be lulled into only writing for him, I'd agree to wanting Tristan back full-time; but he can't, and the current crop of writers SUCK, so he can come back periodically. Because they'd ruin him.

I'm still SO PISSED that Frank decided to undo the standard that ROBIN was to be the ONLY child Anna ever had with this crapshitastic BULLSHIT of now she also birthed her stalker's child and gave it away.

• Love 4

The problem with the disappearing ink is that it lasted however long it took Carly to come out of the hospital, read the note, drive to the cemetery, read the note again while there, but then disappear when the cops came. A little hard to believe... not that the writers would have any issue asking us to swallow that.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The longer that Mike and Avery stay missing, the more I will think Nelle has them stashed somewhere. She had already witnessed one of Mike's episodes and used it to get closer to Michael. If she gets to "find" them, she will get to play the big hero for Michael and try to earn some points with his family that don't care for her as well as stress out Carly even more.

Nelle is an incompetent schemer (to put it mildly), but I can't believe she'd be so stupid to do this. There's no way Michael would forgive her for it, and Carly and Sonny would come down on her like a ton of bricks, to say nothing of Ava.

1 hour ago, texastornado said:
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Nelle's Spiez-R-Us catalogue came just in time.

• Love 3

I stumbled across a CSI: Miami episode and saw two familiar faces.  James Patrick Stuart I recognized immediately, but it took watching this episode to figure out the other was Wes Ramsey.  He had a ponytail and he worked in the lab.  I thought it was Nick from The Bachelor at first.

• Love 1

Sam, Jason, and Spinelli could not have been more annoying today.  Between Sam's weird seduction or whatever she was trying to do, Spinelli being... well, Spinelli, and the two of them threatening to donate his stolen money to charities, my blood pressure had to have been through the roof.  When they said that they would expose him unless he helped them, I got pissed.  All I could think about was how these assholes could use their "skills" for good and instead use them completely for selfish reasons.  Heaven forbid people actually get their stolen money back.  And no, just because the money was stolen by a millionaire from billionaires, that doesn't make it all excusable that they aren't going to return it or that they were donating it to their selected charities. IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY EITHER!

I can't believe this was a Friday episode.  Usually they try to make those the best and have some part of the show grab the viewers so we are eagerly anticipating Monday.  Nothing today.  

For the record, I don't think Ava is even close to out of line here.  Her daughter was missing because Sonny thinks its perfectly fine to have a man with uberAlzheimers (seriously, I have had family with this disease and it didn't progress nearly as quickly as poor Mike is experiencing) running free in the house and confused that Avery is not Courtney.

• Love 9

Good LOOOORD, the Henrik stuff couldn't have been more heavy-handed if the actors reached through the TV screen and thwacked me over the head. Really, Mrs. Emerson, "Henri" had brown eyes and would have benefited from the loving guidance of a mother? What remarkably generic insights that could be applicable to 50% of the population but is of course TOTALLY relevant to Anna's investigation, because this show has never been accused of possessing subtlety. 

I got zero enjoyment from the Morgan's Three caper. Frankly, I think they're all too old to be dressing up and pulling cons and acting so superior and smug, and I hate that the show makes it so damn easy for them to succeed.

Team Ava here. Her child went missing because Sonny hasn't even attempted to restrain Mike and has instead been letting a sick man roam wherever he wants. It's negligence to both Avery AND Mike, and Sonny is lucky neither one was hurt during all this. Ava's absolutely well within her rights to push for safeguards to prevent harm to her daughter.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I know it's hard to not say the words "Courtney's dead", but Dante could have tried for Mike's sake lol.

Dante: Oh Mike... (sadly sighs, sits down next to Mike, pats him gently on the knee) it's SWSNBN.  Remember?

• Love 6

Det. Chase is very cute, extra cute points in the way he was with Avery. 

This whole bank heist was stupid, but KMo wears her dresses well and that dress looked good on her and I don't know why they keep sticking her in those ugly ankle books and ugly tops. There are nicer things that she can wear, wardrobe. Thanks!

That Mike/Dante scene was really good. Why don't they use DZ more? Eye candy, can emote, Canadian. Where are your priorities, show?

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Sam, Jason, and Spinelli could not have been more annoying today.  Between Sam's weird seduction or whatever she was trying to do, Spinelli being... well, Spinelli, and the two of them threatening to donate his stolen money to charities, my blood pressure had to have been through the roof.  When they said that they would expose him unless he helped them, I got pissed.  All I could think about was how these assholes could use their "skills" for good and instead use them completely for selfish reasons.  Heaven forbid people actually get their stolen money back.  And no, just because the money was stolen by a millionaire from billionaires, that doesn't make it all excusable that they aren't going to return it or that they were donating it to their selected charities. IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY EITHER!

I can't believe this was a Friday episode.  Usually they try to make those the best and have some part of the show grab the viewers so we are eagerly anticipating Monday.  Nothing today.  

For the record, I don't think Ava is even close to out of line here.  Her daughter was missing because Sonny thinks its perfectly fine to have a man with uberAlzheimers (seriously, I have had family with this disease and it didn't progress nearly as quickly as poor Mike is experiencing) running free in the house and confused that Avery is not Courtney.

Maybe they can donate all of Jason's mob money to charity?

The storyline is irritating, but KeMo is putting more energy into it than normal, so maybe she doesn't hate the Sam/Jason pairing. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

You know, I wonder if they don't do that on purpose. Fridays usually get low ratings for a while now, no matter what's on.

33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That Mike/Dante scene was really good. Why don't they use DZ more? Eye candy, can emote, Canadian. Where are your priorities, show?

Well right now I suspect they are re-negotiating DZ's contract, which is up in May I think. FV probably likes to use actors very little when contracts come up so he can say "see you're expendable." In general I think it's because he's not a supermodel or from another soap.

I wouldn't be surprised if that scene was really written for freaking Spencer and they couldn't get NB back. I'm only half-joking, but I'm sure Frank really wants a Spencer/Mike scene.

Chase: Do you remember me?

Mike: Yeah, you threw me in jail.

Heh.

I'm not like rah rah team Ava but Carly messed up. She should have told the nanny no Mike is not allowed out with Avery.

They should at least have the characters mention Nelle and dismiss her for whatever reason. It looks so stupid to have them wondering who could want to mess with Carly.

I've been okay with Peter but even I started feeling naseous when the teacher started going on about what a special boy he was and his emotive brown eyes.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that scene was really written for freaking Spencer and they couldn't get NB back. I'm only half-joking, but I'm sure Frank really wants a Spencer/Mike scene.

I had the same scary thought.

Spencer: Grandfwather, it is I!

Kevin: ...aren't you supposed to have two broken legs?  And did you happen to bring my wife back with you?

Spencer/The Writers: ....uuuuhhhh....

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maybe they can donate all of Jason's mob money to charity?

The storyline is irritating, but KeMo is putting more energy into it than normal, so maybe she doesn't hate the Sam/Jason pairing. 

No, I'm pretty sure KM wants nothing to do with that pairing.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

The best part of the episode was TR's bit  of business as Robert leaned further and further over trying to see around Anna as she was questioning the headmistress.  And Anna's "Yes Robert" as the headmistress excused him for not knowing that Brutus is the lead in Julius Caesar because he's Australian. These two are such old pros and work so well together.

I've never  heard of a boarding school that didn't offer accommodation over the holidays.  It's standard for kids whose parents have to travel or are in diplomatic circles. At least they're writing Robert smart enough to know something is up with Anna.

I laughed at Lulu giving Peter all the clues how she is going to go after Henrik. On the other hand, I thought the smugness factor was going to break my screen when the three Bank Job crew revealed themselves to the banker.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

Team Ava here. Her child went missing because Sonny hasn't even attempted to restrain Mike and has instead been letting a sick man roam wherever he wants. It's negligence to both Avery AND Mike, and Sonny is lucky neither one was hurt during all this. Ava's absolutely well within her rights to push for safeguards to prevent harm to her daughter.

If only Sonny had a bodyguard or few that he could assign to follow Mike until he can get adequate care for him. Oh, wait ...

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I laughed at Lulu giving Peter all the clues how she is going to go after Henrik.

I'm probably supposed to be outraged that LWB/FS is jerking Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter, around, but she's being such a nitwit that I can only applaud him to do more.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I know it's hard to not say the words "Courtney's dead", but Dante could have tried for Mike's sake lol.

Dante said, "Courtney died, Mike," when Mike kept asking why Chase was taking "Courtney" to the PCPD.

Once again, Sonny shows himself to be the worst when it comes to anyone else. He won't even entertain the idea that someone is messing with Carly. No, she has to have something wrong with her because she's had a breakdown before. Ugh, he so gross.

In general I'm with Ava that Mike has to be supervised when he's with Avery, but Ava is being pretty awful about the fact that he has Alzheimer's. It's not as if he's doing any of this on purpose, maliciously.

The cut from the lady's comment about Heinrich's brown eyes (so rare!) to the closeup of LWB/FS's eyes was hilariously cheesy.

• Love 7

Fuck this show for acting like Ava is out of line for wanting to have guidelines in place when it comes to how to handle Mike's presence around Avery.  If he thought she was SWSNBN once, he could think it again. 

Additional FU, show for that bullshit with the Three Stooges.  I guess ill-gotten money is only evil if someone besides them or Sonny is getting it.  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Dante said, "Courtney died, Mike," when Mike kept asking why Chase was taking "Courtney" to the PCPD.

Joke still works, I think. :)

Wow.  Sonny thought that he was magnanimous letting a toddler spend one (1) night with her natural mother.  Real glad that he pointed his finger and threatened Ava as GH just wouldn't be the same without GH's leading man habitually threatening a woman a couple of times a year.  MB's scenes with Mike and Carly, especially when no lines are shouted - when Sonny is supposed to be the healthy one - are solid #UCG.

Tristan Rogers is sorely missed.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Linny said:

Good LOOOORD, the Henrik stuff couldn't have been more heavy-handed if the actors reached through the TV screen and thwacked me over the head. Really, Mrs. Emerson, "Henri" had brown eyes and would have benefited from the loving guidance of a mother? What remarkably generic insights that could be applicable to 50% of the population but is of course TOTALLY relevant to Anna's investigation, because this show has never been accused of possessing subtlety. 

I got zero enjoyment from the Morgan's Three caper. Frankly, I think they're all too old to be dressing up and pulling cons and acting so superior and smug, and I hate that the show makes it so damn easy for them to succeed.

THIS! Hitting it outta the park, Linny! Sam was especially beautiful with all that hair pulled up off her face. Anna being maternal about Henrik is so unconvincing, especially since she didn't want to bond with the baby when it was born.

CarSon's evil hating looks at Ava are so hollow. They are completely teh evul and boring. Remind me of Natasha and Boris, but un-charming.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Once again, Sonny shows himself to be the worst when it comes to anyone else. He won't even entertain the idea that someone is messing with Carly. No, she has to have something wrong with her because she's had a breakdown before. Ugh, he so gross.

Usually Sonny is so fawning over Carly; I wonder if he is enjoying the opportunity for once to have the upper hand over her. I'm so tired of Carly's go-to shrieking mode. Why can't she be quietly confident about her personal perceptions instead of a shrieking freakout?

• Love 1