Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, ouinason said:

Ok, so I get Nelle's angle here.... I think.

The phone calls are undoubtedly real.  No question there, however it looks like it was just a druggie who called the wrong number looking for his dealer. Everyone but Carly has basically shrugged that off at this point.  If anything it could be seen as a coincidence that pushes Carly over the edge a bit.  So then come the weird shit that Carly sees but can't prove, and sort of does come across a little crazy over.  The scarf, the lights and the picture... So, this is the start.  Now the next part is iffy.  She pretends to be looking for parents to adopt her baby anonymously and arranges to be "just about to sign the papers" for Brad and Lucas, with Brad as her "friend."  So, anonymous mom backs out, Brad and Lucas are crushed, Carly is "nuts".  Nelle makes it look like Carly has, or is planning to, steal her and Michael's baby to give to Brucas.  Maybe implicate Brad too, just to have more of a reason to cry on Michael's shoulder about having been so wrong as they bond over almost losing their child, or getting it back from crazy Granny Carly.  Carly is carted away, Brad is either crushed as hell or seen as another kidnapper and Nelle and Micheal bond with each other and their baby.

This is what I've got so far.  It's an iffy theory, and probably more thought out than the show will do.  It also takes away a third baby in the mix and doesn't mess with Maxie's baby.  It's a fake kidnapping instead of the over done switch.  

Nelle paid off the homeless man

with a case of alcohol to tell carly and jason that some "guy" was making phone calls on that pay phone and that he had dark hair (basically describing morgan)

Edited by sue450

But the homeless guy also told Jason and Dante that the guy looked like he was angry and that he thought the guy was looking for a fix.  Either way, Nelle has it set up as a tipping point for driving Carly over the edge.  At least that's what it looks like.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Someone who was abused as a child would be affected and may become an abuser. But in terms of the tumor, the deciding factor would be where the tumor was located rather than the previous abuse.  If the tumor is in the prefrontal cortex, it would loosen Franco's moral controls independent of whether he was abused.

I had a neighbor who had a non-cancerous tumor in her prefrontal cortex.  I had been friends with her for several years.  She was a kind and peaceful lady.  Over the course of three years she slowly became mean and nasty.  Her house was alway very neat and she was always put together.  Then she stopped cleaning her house and taking care of herself.  She wore old, stained and dirty pajamas all day, even on her walks around the neighborhood.  She fought with neighbors and screamed at their children while they were outside playing.  One day she had a seizure and was taken to the hospital where they found the tumor.  It was the size of an orange.  The doctor said it had been growing at least 20 years.  She had always had headaches but it was not until the past 4 or five years that it grew to a point that it affected her behavior.  After the tumor was removed and she came home from rehab, her personality returned to "normal".  She talked about how she could see or hear herself say and do awful things and it was if she were trapped behind a screen and could not stop herself.  She was never the same person.  This illness and surgery seemed to take all of her energy and she spent most of her time at home.  After the neighbors were told about the tumor, they instantly understood and someone visited her daily and helped her around the house. It really was heartwarming the way the neighborhood embraced her.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, ouinason said:

But the homeless guy also told Jason and Dante that the guy looked like he was angry and that he thought the guy was looking for a fix.  Either way, Nelle has it set up as a tipping point for driving Carly over the edge.  At least that's what it looks like.

good point...it was  to make the supposed phone caller a druggie or someone "off their meds" either of which could describe Morgan

• Love 1

Is it bad that, dead or alive, I still want it to come out that Morgan was Avery's father and Carly changed the test?  Super bad.  Not just because it would undermine Sonny's custody position, but it would probably move Michael back to the Q side of the board again.  

• Love 4

I am sorry, I with another poster: I feel like I am being emotional blackmailed into liking or excepting Franco with his umpteenth redemption/behavior excuse storyline. It just makes me hate him even more, I don't care whether Roger Hogworth is knocking it out of the park or not. Even if he won the Emmy and everyone saying he deserves it, I'll resent him and his presence even more.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, ouinason said:

I dread the day Liz gets pregnant again.  Like, the universe will implode.

Or....It'll be the first beat in the Nina/Franco murder-suicide story.

Dead!Franco2018!

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Is it bad that, dead or alive, I still want it to come out that Morgan was Avery's father and Carly changed the test?  Super bad.  Not just because it would undermine Sonny's custody position, but it would probably move Michael back to the Q side of the board again.  

I don't see Sonny losing custody of Avery if Morgan were to be revealed as her father. Ava is still the big bad mother. 

How would Michael go to the Q side? 

Edited by dubbel zout
18 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I am sorry, I with another poster: I feel like I am being emotional blackmailed into liking or excepting Franco with his umpteenth redemption/behavior excuse storyline. It just makes me hate him even more, I don't care whether Roger Hogworth is knocking it out of the park or not. Even if he won the Emmy and everyone saying he deserves it, I'll resent him and his presence even more.

That's exactly what's going on.  I think Billy has done pretty well in the storyline, so that's all I care about & I believe Perkie mentioned it previously, it's the only reason I feel the story was holding my interest.   But the constant Franco propping whatever it is....OVERKILL.  

FV's obsession with Roger/Franco is disturbing at this point.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Hater said:

FV's obsession with Roger/Franco is disturbing at this point.  

I think we're in the midst of one of FV's allowed to go out on the town phases. "Franco ALL WEEK LONG HURRY CRAM AS MUCH OF HIM IN AS POSSIBLE BEFORE HOWARTH FLIES BACK TO NEW YORK! Two GH vets fight over Easton, while meanwhile he gets a hot young brother! Valentin being inserted in this story for no reason whatsoever!"

Two amusing reactions from offliners re: LW and WR.

my pal: wait, the guy who plays Peter is LW's boyfriend?!

Me: yes. I told you this!

My pal: I thought you meant some random mob guy!

My aunt: I read something online about that guy Peter is dating Carly in real life?

Me: yes.

My aunt (utter confusion): what the heck? That's weird!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Linny said:

What the fuck is Anna thinking taking Emma on a jaunt to Switzerland with her and Jason? Jason looked like he wanted to vomit and then fling himself from the footbridge, and I don't blame him, this is a stupendously dumb plan.

I think that Emma may be a kind of bait that Anna is setting. Remember how everyone sniffed over the recollection of Anna being reunited with a kidnapped Robin. Some chump writer decided it would be clever to repeat history and wring more pathos out when the child is snatched by a baddy.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

After Franco's tumor was removed he has: aided and abetted an international kidnapping by fleeing with Nina and Baby Avery to Canada, kidnapped Carly and tried to kill her, attempted to kill his mother by burying her alive, kidnapped and took hostage Tom Baker and held him in a dog cage, and those are only the major criminal acts. 

That isn't even getting into his unhealthy relationship with Liz and Jake specifically.

He tried to kill Carly?  I just remember the ugly necklace.  If he tried to kill Carly, why wasn't he charged with attempted murder?

Edited by bannana
8 hours ago, Hater said:

THIS.  

• Love 3

I don't like either character that all much, and a little of the actresses' mannerisms goes a long way, but these Nina/Maxie scenes are all surprisingly good. They're doing a hell of a lot better job of selling a friendship than KSt and the Emme Rylan Lulu ever have.

And, yeah, Howarth is rocking this psychological stuff.  Kevin is a good talk-to, as well. It was another decent hour all around. I'm not wanting to skip through scenes as much. I missed the chance to comment on it when it was most relevant, but I liked that Elizabeth put up a pretty spirited fight against Harvey in the parking garage (by her established designated-hostage standards). 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ouinason said:

It would totally screw up Nelle's plans if Morgan really did come back.

Not to mention Sonny and Carly having a hold on Avery (unless they still want to trot out "SheKilledConnieFalconeri!!!11!!"

N, wait. This is Sonny and Carly we're talking about. They would still tell Ava that "YOU KILLED MORGAN!" with a live and well Morgan right in front of them.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't see Sonny losing custody of Avery if Morgan were to be revealed as her father. Ava is still the big bad mother.

It depends if they want to play it legally or the GH way.

As grandparents rather than as a parent,  Sonny and Carly would have less legal rights to Avery and unless Ava has been proven to be an unfit mother in court, it would be unlikely that Sonny would be given sole custody without Ava being granted visitation. Especially since she is a gallery owner and he is ... a coffee importer.

She really needs to hire a lawyer.

Of course,  this show will twist it whatever way they choose.

9 hours ago, LillyB said:

I may be a dummy but I don't understand why Sam would want to be with the jerk who suggested that she abort her "rape" baby/

It's GH. Of course Sam wants to be with Jason the bestest.

• Love 2

Still utterly nauseated over Kevin's propping of Franco and white-washing his antisocial behavior. Mind-boggled over Liz's petting and cooing over poor widdo Franco's suffering. Disgusted at the Emmy-bait the writers have given RoHo in the mind-numbing scenes we just had to endure between Franco and his abuser. Give the Emmy to the actor who played the abuser instead for what he endured working in those scenes with RoHo.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

10 hours ago, LillyB said:

I may be a dummy but I don't understand why Sam would want to be with the jerk who suggested that she abort her "rape" baby/

It's GH. Of course Sam wants to be with Jason the bestest

If the alternative is having Uncle Franco over for Thanksgiving? Yeah, probably.

• Love 3

Liked the Maxie and Michael scenes, both as a chem test and as more Baby Swap 2018 setup with them bonding and Nelle seething when she spotted them.  But, because I'm me, I couldn't help thinking it would have been great if Lucas (who?) was there too.  You know, Maxie's COUSIN, Michael's UNCLE.  Since they've clearly set up Baby (who?) as also being part of any baby swap shenanigans ahead, think how great it would be if we were seeing those familial relationships now to set up the soapy heartache ahead.  It's just so...frustrating!

Speaking of frustrating, OMG with this body that Sonny stupidly buried with the gun he used five gazillion years ago.  Who cares?!?!

Ava taking a picture of the DNA results...take some notes, Nelle, that's how you scheme.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of frustrating, OMG with this body that Sonny stupidly buried with the gun he used five gazillion years ago.  Who cares?!?!

I haven't seen today's episode.  Didn't Sonny originally say the guy was wrapped up, ready for disposal?  Therefore not killed by Sonny, he just got rid of the body?

• Love 1

They're really trying to sell me that Mike, an addled old man, is a legitimate threat to Sonny's business, and that naturally the Feds could be listening at any and all times for any scrap of unsubstantiated evidence to take down the almighty Sonny Corinthos. Okay, sure. Max can go dig up that body while I try to dig up a reason to care, because honestly, who gives a shit about some thirty year old "problem" when it's just one in an endless string of crimes Sonny's never going to pay for?

For a second there I thought Lulu might be smart enough not to take Henrik's bait, but no, of course she's exactly that gullible and easily manipulated. It's like the moment Lulu became a journalist she lost all her intelligence and instincts and can now only blithely chase the glory of a byline.

Michael was super sweet with Maxie and said all the right things to her, I wouldn't at all mind a friendship between them. I actually think it would do wonders for Michael's character to have him be friends with people outside of his immediate family. As for Nelle, her petulant reaction to Michael/Maxie was typical and ridiculous. Maybe if she'd ever stop lying and scheming Michael could relax enough to let his guard down and laugh as easily with her as he did with Maxie.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I haven't seen today's episode.  Didn't Sonny originally say the guy was wrapped up, ready for disposal?  Therefore not killed by Sonny, he just got rid of the body?

Not gonna lie, it was Sonny so I wasn't paying super close attention.  But today he was worried about the gun getting examined by modern forensic tech, which made me think he had pulled the trigger himself, but I guess he could have just touched the gun while burying it...OMG WHO CARES?!?!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

They're really trying to sell me that Mike, an addled old man, is a legitimate threat to Sonny's business, and that naturally the Feds could be listening at any and all times for any scrap of unsubstantiated evidence to take down the almighty Sonny Corinthos. Okay, sure. Max can go dig up that body while I try to dig up a reason to care, because honestly, who gives a shit about some thirty year old "problem" when it's just one in an endless string of crimes Sonny's never going to pay for?

Has no one on this show, especially Sonny and Carly, stopped to consider that the one real threat to Sonny's business is Drew, because he has Jason's memories and thus has firsthand knowledge of everything criminal Sonny has done in the last decade?

• Love 13

They were clearly chem testing MIchael and Maxie today and at the time I was thinking Michael's way too young for her.  Then I came online and found out that they are only 4 years apart.  color me shocked that Chad is actually 30 years old.  I don't know if it's the hair or what but Michael looks and comes across as closer to 22-25 to me.  

31 minutes ago, Linny said:

As for Nelle, her petulant reaction to Michael/Maxie was typical and ridiculous

I had to laugh at how she got her panties in a bunch and literally snapped her fingers at Michael and told him to get over to her side of the room and he had no choice but to do so.  Also why he  makes me think he's closer to 25 than 30.  

Also laughed at the look on Nina's face when Maxie gave her hell for being late to the class.  One of the very rare occasions when I enjoy MSt and her tics.  

Why did they have Ava take out the test and look at it again, in shock, as though she hadn't looked at those same results last week.  It was like she was looking at the paper for the first time, when she clearly wasn't.  

32 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Didn't Sonny originally say the guy was wrapped up, ready for disposal

I'm going to go hunt down that conversation because today's dialogue from Sonny to Max made it sound like he killed the guy with his own gun, disposed of the gun with the body and now it will be traced back to him if found.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1

Found the clip.  Starts at 3:46.  He clearly says "the problem was wrapped in a shower curtain", but doesn't say if he was already dead.  If Sonny shot him then the gun is an issue, but if he just buried Scully's gun with the body, then there would be no blowback on Sonny, other than that he was working for Scully at the time.

42 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Has no one on this show, especially Sonny and Carly, stopped to consider that the one real threat to Sonny's business is Drew, because he has Jason's memories and thus has firsthand knowledge of everything criminal Sonny has done in the last decade?

The show won't go there with Drew. Scummy will be kept clean there.

5 minutes ago, Hater said:

The show won't go there with Drew. Scummy will be kept clean there.

It's fine if they don't go there - it isn't fine but I don't expect Sonny's halo to ever be tarnished or even threatened - but it's absurd that it's not even brought up a concern. Jason has just as much to lose as Sonny does and he doesn't care, either.

• Love 4

And given the situation with Jason and Sam these days, it's not like Drew has any reason to go easy on either Jason or Sonny.  Drew not only knows where the bodies are buried, he knows how they got there.

Now that would be good soap, unlike this stupid body that's past the statute of limitations anyway if all Sonny did was bury the body.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And given the situation with Jason and Sam these days, it's not like Drew has any reason to go easy on either Jason or Sonny.  Drew not only knows where the bodies are buried, he knows how they got there.

Now that would be good soap, unlike this stupid body that's past the statute of limitations anyway if all Sonny did was bury the body.

The only thing that would cause Drew to pause would be putting Danny's father in prison and/or upsetting Sam, but Jason has shown little to no interest in being a father to Danny or Jake and Drew has Scout to think about, besides. Drew has no loyalty to Sonny or Carly or Jason, hasn't the show spent the last few months making that clear?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ava taking a picture of the DNA results...take some notes, Nelle, that's how you scheme.

I still can’t figure out if we’re supposed to think Nelle is a successful schemer or not. The show undercuts her constantly, but it continues to have her go after Carly.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The only thing that would cause Drew to pause would be putting Danny's father in prison and/or upsetting Sam, but Jason has shown little to no interest in being a father to Danny or Jake and Drew has Scout to think about, besides. Drew has no loyalty to Sonny or Carly or Jason, hasn't the show spent the last few months making that clear?

Unfortunately, I think Scout is going to be kept in the closet and totally ignored so her mommy can be with Jason and daddy can play with Kim. That's what I see at least.  She was never on much in the first place.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Michael was super sweet with Maxie and said all the right things to her, I wouldn't at all mind a friendship between them. I actually think it would do wonders for Michael's character to have him be friends with people outside of his immediate family.

Do you mean that a twentysomething year old millionaire would have actual friends outside of his family?  What a concept because we all know that men in their twenties just want to hang out with their families 24/7.  What if Micheal took up some hobbies or other leisure activities and developed a full and non-mob related social life? Who would take care of Sonny and Carly?  Well, Jason IS back....

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I still can’t figure out if we’re supposed to think Nelle is a successful schemer or not. The show undercuts her constantly, but it continues to have her go after Carly.

It's also hard to tell because they've, and I can't believe I'm saying this, dumbed Carly down.  "Who, oh who, could want to hurt me like this!".  Really, Carls?  That she hasn't even mentioned the possibility that it's Nelle is ridic.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Do you mean that a twentysomething year old millionaire would have actual friends outside of his family?  What a concept because we all know that men in their twenties just want to hang out with their families 24/7.  What if Micheal took up some hobbies or other leisure activities and developed a full and non-mob related social life? Who would take care of Sonny and Carly?  Well, Jason IS back....

Hah, at one point Michael and Maxie technically WERE family. Michael's grandmother Bobbie was married to Maxie's uncle Tony. I think?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

He clearly says "the problem was wrapped in a shower curtain",

Thought so.  I would assume shower curtain was the old version of "tarp", and the guy was already dead.  Why would a live person need to be wrapped in a shower curtain?  I'm going to blame this on multiple writers who don't read what was written before their scripts.

42 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Hah, at one point Michael and Maxie technically WERE family. Michael's grandmother Bobbie was married to Maxie's uncle Tony. I think?

Families in polygamist cults are less incestous than soap opera families.

• Love 6

Where would Michael make friends? I'm not good with his history but wasn't he in a coma for a while? During his wonder years most sane parents in town probably wouldn't allow their kids to hang with a mobster's kid. Then he was in prison? Did he go to college? That's where people make lasting friends. Poor schmuck never had a chance.

Edited by paisley
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, paisley said:

Where would Michael make friends? I'm not good with his history but wasn't he in a coma for a while? During his wonder years most sane parents in town probably wouldn't allow their kids to hang with a mobster's kid. Then he was in prison? Did he go to college? That's where people make lasting friends. Poor schmuck never had a chance.

The questin is how  long was he in a coma?  On the one hand, it felt like a year.  On the other hand, when he went into the coma, he was like 10 and when he came out of it he was like 18.  So, did he lose a year of his life, or 8?

Why is Curtis finding out stuff about LWB/FS that no one else knows? It's not like he had to dig super deep to find out Peter August might have a shady past. Gah.

Griffin's non answer to Ava's "I love you" was ouch-inducing. Though I hate how she's being so obnoxious about his inability to be too specific about medical stuff. It comes with the doctor territory. Would she want someone pawing through her records?

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

t's also hard to tell because they've, and I can't believe I'm saying this, dumbed Carly down.  "Who, oh who, could want to hurt me like this!".  Really, Carls?  That she hasn't even mentioned the possibility that it's Nelle is ridic.

I know! And the idea that she's crazy is rage-blackout-inducing. Just because Sam had cat scratch fever and shoved Sonny into a pit last summer doesn't mean Carly now is seeing and hearing things that aren't there. Then Sonny bitches a bit to Max that Carly is still in the throes of grief for Morgan.

6 minutes ago, Katy M said:

So, did he lose a year of his life, or 8?

They SORASed Michael: Dylan Cash went into the coma and Drew Garrett came out after a year. Cash and Garrett are five years apart IRL.

• Love 3