Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Nelle is trying to butter up Brad so she has closer access to Lucas because he is another connection that she use to get closer to Michael. Pretty much like she does with Joss.

Also I think she knows that Brad works in the lab and may want to use for one of her plans.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Nelle is trying to butter up Brad so she has closer access to Lucas because he is another connection that she use to get closer to Michael. Pretty much like she does with Joss.

Also I think she knows that Brad works in the lab and may want to use for one of her plans.

It's the same with Monica, she's working any family or family-adjacent angle she can figuring she can bring them all to bear once, in her mind, her plan in driving Carly crazy/getting her locked up in a nuthouse succeeds.

But even though she's being friendly to Brad, I can't see her hesitating to snatch the (who)'s baby if she needs to.

• Love 1

So I didn't get to see the last 5 or so minutes of the show.  Last thing I saw was Franco telling Elizabeth that he didn't want there to be any more secrets between them and Elizabeth telling him to tell her everything. Then I got to see Mark Zuckerberg talking about Facebook.  What did I miss?  Has Carly been locked up?  Did Harvey come back from the dead.  Is LWB/Heinrik/Peter keeping Helena in his office closet like Norman Bates' mother? Anyone get to see it and can tell me if I missed anything of importance?

• Love 1

Of course Michael isn't going to tell Joss off for telling him how to run his life; he's spent his life learning to take it from Carly.

Carly has the Morgan/Nelle story, as well as interfering with Michael and Joss.  Sonny has Mike's dementia, Jason has hunting for Henrik.  And yet I find none of them as interesting as the relationship between Drew and Franco that is developing.

Although I did laugh that Sonny wants Carly to be checked out by a neurologist.  True love is thinking your beloved is losing her mind.

If it's so late that "Charlotte has been asleep for hours", what is Maxie doing at the Aurora offices?

Why would Jason think that Henrik is leaving them clues to find him?  That makes no sense, if Henrik wanted to know who his mother was, he do the looking himself.  Does Jason think that everyone is as passive about relationships as he himself is?

It occurred to me that just as Jason wasn't there when Sam was dealing with Danny's illness, Sam isn't there as Drew is dealing with all the revelations about Andy, Franco and Jim Harvey.

12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

In other matters, I agree that Joss and Oscar are boring.  Kiki is boring. As are Michael, Molly and TJ.  The entire younger set is nice and kind and lacking in personality.  Remember when Liz first appeared and was a cigarette smoking, school ditching semi-delinquent? And teenage Brenda, who was self-centered and conniving? Even Kiki, when she was introduced, was /a poker-playing scam artist.  I’m not saying there isn’t room for characters who are good hearted, but some of them need to have more of an edge if there is to be any chance of interesting drama amongst the younger set.  And Nelle doesn’t count.  She’s just an idiot.

That's what happens when you put all your energy into the Sonny/Carly/Jason, RoHo and Nina storylines.  There's no energy to write for the young crowd that they should be trying to woo.

9 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So I didn't get to see the last 5 or so minutes of the show.  Last thing I saw was Franco telling Elizabeth that he didn't want there to be any more secrets between them and Elizabeth telling him to tell her everything. Then I got to see Mark Zuckerberg talking about Facebook.  What did I miss?  Has Carly been locked up?  Did Harvey come back from the dead.  Is LWB/Heinrik/Peter keeping Helena in his office closet like Norman Bates' mother? Anyone get to see it and can tell me if I missed anything of importance?

Drew looked in through the window at Liz and Franco lying on the bed together so presumably Franco told her.

Valentin phoned Peter to tell him they needed to talk right away.  Maxie decided to take the book home to read it.

Carly agreed to get checked out by Finn.

There may have been more but I didn't care.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

wait...wasn't helena the one who stole lulus egg...then she got that island girl to sleep with valentin and  got his sperm and  put them togethor and got  that other character with the name that begins with c to carry the implanted fertilized egg'

and WHY oh WHY hasn't anyone told joss the terrible lies that nelle has pulled???????

• Love 1

Joss is 14 not 4, and more than capable of understanding what Nelle has done and why Michael doesn't want a relationship with her.  He's talked about Nelle with Carly, he can talk about Nelle with Joss.  In fact, Joss needs to be told the truth about Nelle, so that she knows Nelle was using her when she gave her that dress for the non-school dance thingamajig.

I'm not too sure why Sonny is doubting Carly so much.  Did he miss the part about Jason and Dante tracing the phone calls - and therefore verifying that the phone calls actually happened??

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, sue450 said:

wait...wasn't helena the one who stole lulus egg...then she got that island girl to sleep with valentin and  got his sperm and  put them togethor and got  that other character with the name that begins with c to carry the implanted fertilized egg

That is the story Valentin told to Lulu, to the courts, and the audience, yes.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Lulu is a heartless opportunist, Maxie, really? Has Maxie met her sister-in-law or Valentin or Peter?

Lulu needs to stop talking to Maxie. Mostly because that is what Maxie wants and partly because I want to see Maxie's reaction when Lulu just says "good morning/afternoon" and that's it.

Geeeee who could be going after Carly. 

Oh, Franco got buddy'ed!

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

That is the story Valentin told to Lulu, to the courts, and the audience, yes.

Never mind that Helena was a popsicle practically that entire time, I will NEVER get over that.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lulu needs to stop talking to Maxie. Mostly because that is what Maxie wants and partly because I want to see Maxie's reaction when Lulu just says "good morning/afternoon" and that's it.

Lulu: Good morning.

Maxie: What's so good about it, bitch, my husband's dead!

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I would love that too. Especially when the truth about Peter/Heinrich comes out and Maxie can't lean on Nina for support because Nina will inevitably make it all about her especially when Valentin's role is revealed.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Never mind that Helena was a popsicle practically that entire time, I will NEVER get over that.

Popsicle Helena was roaming around Cassadine Island raising Jake, training up Drew to be a soldier boy, traumatizing Jake by letting him see whatever it was he saw, gaslighting Jake with the chimera nonsense, drugging Valentin Cassadine for his sperm once she learned the StavLu embryo was gone and Stavros was infertile, and creating the Charlotte embryo. Damn, she was busy for a evil mastermind that was supposed to be frozen in a lab.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Barb1959 said:

I can't help it....I like the story between Drew and Franco!  

I despise Franco with the heat of a thousand suns.  I'm not a fan of RoHo's and I wasn't a fan of Billy's Jason.  But gosh darn, I'm invested in this story.  Now, 99.9 % of that is because of Drew/Billy.  Billy's playing Drew differently the past few weeks, and me likey!!  There are still issues with the story, namely from RoHo's side (those Franco/Kevin scenes were ugh), but I'm invested despite myself.  

• Love 9

Anyone else notice the coughing Jordan has been doing?  It happened in an episode last week, and I just thought VA had coughed and they didn't bother reshooting the scene.  But twice today, JOrdan hacked a lung and I wondered if that's a story that's starting up.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Anyone else notice the coughing Jordan has been doing?  It happened in an episode last week, and I just thought VA had coughed and they didn't bother reshooting the scene.  But twice today, JOrdan hacked a lung and I wondered if that's a story that's starting up.  

Yes, Perkie, I noticed it last week and today.   Hope she's not leaving Show.

Note:   Drew looked like a " natural " handling that gun -  more so than Jason.

Edited by Valmarmar
emphasis
  • Love 3

Gross that Sonny has to hear from Jason all the gaslighting stuff, because of course Carly is just a silly wimmins. They tried to lampshade it by having Carly say, "He has to hear it from you," and Sonny gives her a "what do you expect?" look. UGH.

Jason's face when Sonny said he was going to call the cops was hilarious. "The cops? What?"

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Another story subsidized by Big Pharma?

Drew's last words to Greg Evigan were kind of lame, IMO.

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Geeeee who could be going after Carly. 

This story is eye-rollingly stupid on every level. 

• Love 4

Ok, so I get Nelle's angle here.... I think.

The phone calls are undoubtedly real.  No question there, however it looks like it was just a druggie who called the wrong number looking for his dealer. Everyone but Carly has basically shrugged that off at this point.  If anything it could be seen as a coincidence that pushes Carly over the edge a bit.  So then come the weird shit that Carly sees but can't prove, and sort of does come across a little crazy over.  The scarf, the lights and the picture... So, this is the start.  Now the next part is iffy.  She pretends to be looking for parents to adopt her baby anonymously and arranges to be "just about to sign the papers" for Brad and Lucas, with Brad as her "friend."  So, anonymous mom backs out, Brad and Lucas are crushed, Carly is "nuts".  Nelle makes it look like Carly has, or is planning to, steal her and Michael's baby to give to Brucas.  Maybe implicate Brad too, just to have more of a reason to cry on Michael's shoulder about having been so wrong as they bond over almost losing their child, or getting it back from crazy Granny Carly.  Carly is carted away, Brad is either crushed as hell or seen as another kidnapper and Nelle and Micheal bond with each other and their baby.

This is what I've got so far.  It's an iffy theory, and probably more thought out than the show will do.  It also takes away a third baby in the mix and doesn't mess with Maxie's baby.  It's a fake kidnapping instead of the over done switch.  

• Love 4
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

ooked in through the window at Liz and Franco lying on the bed together so presumably Franco told her.

Valentin phoned Peter to tell him they needed to talk right away.  Maxie decided to take the book home to read it.

Carly agreed to get checked out by Finn.

There may have been more but I didn't care.

Thank you! So I missed all of nothing.

18 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Joss is 14 not 4, and more than capable of understanding what Nelle has done and why Michael doesn't want a relationship with her.  He's talked about Nelle with Carly, he can talk about Nelle with Joss.  In fact, Joss needs to be told the truth about Nelle, so that she knows Nelle was using her when she gave her that dress for the non-school dance thingamajig.

I'm not too sure why Sonny is doubting Carly so much.  Did he miss the part about Jason and Dante tracing the phone calls - and therefore verifying that the phone calls actually happened??

This is a ridiculous storyline with ridiculous writing and made worse by Mo's ridiculous acting.

18 hours ago, sue450 said:

wait...wasn't helena the one who stole lulus egg...then she got that island girl to sleep with valentin and  got his sperm and  put them togethor and got  that other character with the name that begins with c to carry the implanted fertilized egg'

and WHY oh WHY hasn't anyone told joss the terrible lies that nelle has pulled???????

yuck.gif

10 hours ago, Valmarmar said:

Yes, Perkie, I noticed it last week and today.   Hope she's not leaving Show.

Note:   Drew looked like a " natural " handling that gun -  more so than Jason.

With him growing up in Oklahoma and Texas, I bet he has fired a gun more than once. And I agree that he looked much more natural.  Almost like someone who would have been trained to fire one... like a Navy Seal. Glad that they finally got something right.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason's face when Sonny said he was going to call the cops was hilarious. "The cops? What?"

Boop..... boop..... boop.... boop........ boop....

"This is a Special Report from ABC News. Reporting from New York, here is George Stephanopoulos."

"Good afternoon. We are tracking several breaking stories, from the record cold in Hades, to the announcment by Elon Musk that SpaceX has launched the first all-porcine crew...."

16 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

For Ulkis: because I still can't unsee it

So they are FINALLY admitting she's going to give birth to Joffrey.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

If they weren't seemingly reuniting Jason and Sam, I would think that they're paving the way for Jason to come between Sonny and Carly.  Jason, back in Jasus mode, instinctively knows that Carly is in danger and acts immediately.   Distracted Sonny falls for Nelle's diabolical plan and doubts Carly's sanity - after all she has a history of mental illness - which pushes Carly and Jason closer together.  There doesn't even have to be a romance between Carly and Jason, just a closer connection, and jealous/paranoid Sonny will mess thing up even worse.  I actually really like this idea because I loved the very brief time in which Ric was able to damage the bond between Sonny and Jason.  They're going to get huge screen time anyway, so may as well be in a manner that interests me.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Perkie said:

If that isn't a real cough she's a much better actor than I thought.  The cough seems to actually interrupt her talking, and she's not dramatically clutching at her chest or throat like people who fake coughing often do.  I actually felt bad that she had some good lines yet she was sick while filming.

• Love 4

Okay, I clearly missed the reasoning here and it is something that has bugged me for a while.  Why does Nina call Nathan "Jay"?  I know Nathan is his middle name and his first name is James, but where does Jay come from?  At first, I thought maybe it was a first letter nickname, but it is ALWAYS "Jay" and never "James".  What's the story there?

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
10 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Okay, I clearly missed the reasoning here and it is something that has bugged me for a while.  Why does Nina call Nathan "Jay"?  I know Nathan is his middle name and his first name is James, but where does Jay come from?  At first, I thought maybe it was a first letter nickname, but it is ALWAYS "Jay" and never "James".  What's the story there?

I thought she called him "J" because of James.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, paisley said:

Is Sam going to be able to get with the Drew/Franco détente?

Won't matter since isn't she on the cusp of going back to Jason anyway? He still very much loathes Franco and I see no signs of that changing. 

• Love 2

I appreciate the writing of Franco telling Kevin he's afraid he's not safe to be around Elizabeth's boys.  The majority of molesters were molested, and it's not uncommon for a father, molested as a child, to fear he could possibly do the same to his own child. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Won't matter since isn't she on the cusp of going back to Jason anyway? He still very much loathes Franco and I see no signs of that changing. 

I bet the writers will even use this as an excuse to drive her farther from Drew and closer to Jason.  Sam and Jason will see Drew's appreciation of what Franco did as some sort of ultimate betrayal.

• Love 1

Oh my poor sweet Kevin, out here on Franco propping duty like whoa today.

I am no psychologist, and I certainly get the point being made that just because someone was abused as a child doesn't mean they're doomed to be a bad person/an abuser themselves, but...isn't there something to the idea that Franco was impacted by the abuse he suffered given the ways he lashed out when he had the tumor, inflicting sexual assaults on others?  Because the tumor didn't create those ideas out of thin air, it just loosened Franco's social and moral controls.  To say there's no correlation whatsoever seems...inaccurate?

And I did appreciate Kevin mentioning his own past, but shouldn't he be taking into account how his brother Ryan, you know, was affected by it?

And then Kevin calling Franco a "model citizen" since the tumor came out?  Not quite, Doc.

And finally...I get it...but shut up, Liz.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am no psychologist, and I certainly get the point being made that just because someone was abused as a child doesn't mean they're doomed to be a bad person/an abuser themselves, but...isn't there something to the idea that Franco was impacted by the abuse he suffered given the ways he lashed out when he had the tumor, inflicting sexual assaults on others?  Because the tumor didn't create those ideas out of thin air, it just loosened Franco's social and moral controls.  To say there's no correlation whatsoever seems...inaccurate?

And I did appreciate Kevin mentioning his own past, but shouldn't he be taking into account how his brother Ryan, you know, was affected by it?

And then Kevin calling Franco a "model citizen" since the tumor came out?  Not quite, Doc.

Kevin disappointed me today. I liked that the writers even allowed Kevin/Franco to talk about the issue of whether Franco was safe to be around Elizabeth's boys, but Franco has victimized children even if he hasn't molested them. He's kidnapped Josslyn, Aiden and Avery. He set up Michael to be raped in prison and Michael was still only a boy. 

Kevin calling Franco a "model citizen" post tumor is so blatantly untrue. It is laughable the lengths the show will go to to try to redeem this character. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

There is that, but at least we're seeing actual doctoring on General Hospital.  It also gives the actor some juicy work since he gets to show his own character's vulnerability.

And of course it's inaccurate that a tumor could cause a serial killer, but they've already set up brain tumors with Jason's character.

32 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I thought she called him "J" because of James.

Ugh.  So it was a first initial nickname.  That would be fine with me, but I wish she would sometimes call him James and not ALWAYS "J".

7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Kevin disappointed me today. I liked that the writers even allowed Kevin/Franco to talk about the issue of whether Franco was safe to be around Elizabeth's boys, but Franco has victimized children even if he hasn't molested them. He's kidnapped Josslyn, Aiden and Avery. He set up Michael to be raped in prison and Michael was still only a boy. Sam was an adult when he sexually assaulted her but we aren't supposed to consider any of that because Dr. Kevin Collins said the tumor made Franco bad. It is completely out of character for Kevin to even say that with a straight face. There's no way he doesn't know all of the crimes Franco has committed post-tumor. It doesn't make narrative sense and what does Franco get out of being sexually molested if they can't use that as a reason for his actions because they are still using the tumor. 

But, to play Devil's advocate here, the current story is that he didn't intend for Michael to ever be raped.  On the contrary, that guy was supposed to be protecting Michael (and what an odd rewrite that is) and Sam was never actually sexually assaulted.  Plus, wasn't that all supposed to have been done due to his brain tumor?  I wasn't watching during the Josslyn, Aiden, and Avery situation so I don't know about those.  I think Avery was definitely after, right?  Like when he was with Nina?  Don't know about Joss or Aiden, though.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Sam was never actually sexually assaulted.

Even considering the retcon, Franco drugged Sam, stripped her naked, and certainly let her think she'd been raped for, what, years?  I'd say that's sexual assault.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Ugh.  So it was a first initial nickname.  That would be fine with me, but I wish she would sometimes call him James and not ALWAYS "J".

But, to play Devil's advocate here, the current story is that he didn't intend for Michael to ever be raped.  On the contrary, that guy was supposed to be protecting Michael (and what an odd rewrite that is) and Sam was never actually sexually assaulted.  Plus, wasn't that all supposed to have been done due to his brain tumor?  I wasn't watching during the Josslyn, Aiden, and Avery situation so I don't know about those.  I think Avery was definitely after, right?  Like when he was with Nina?  Don't know about Joss or Aiden, though.

After Franco's tumor was removed he has: aided and abetted an international kidnapping by fleeing with Nina and Baby Avery to Canada, kidnapped Carly and tried to kill her, attempted to kill his mother by burying her alive, kidnapped and took hostage Tom Baker and held him in a dog cage, and those are only the major criminal acts. 

That isn't even getting into his unhealthy relationship with Liz and Jake specifically.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

There is that, but at least we're seeing actual doctoring on General Hospital.  It also gives the actor some juicy work since he gets to show his own character's vulnerability.

Oh, don't get me wrong, my boy Jon Lindstrom was great per use.  It's just things like "you've been a model citizen!" where it tips for me from TV doctoring into propping.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Even considering the retcon, Franco drugged Sam, stripped her naked, and certainly let her think she'd been raped for, what, years?  I'd say that's sexual assault.

But, again, that was during the whole tumor excuse thing.

7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

After Franco's tumor was removed he has: aided and abetted an international kidnapping by fleeing with Nina and Baby Avery to Canada, kidnapped Carly and tried to kill her, attempted to kill his mother by burying her alive, kidnapped and took hostage Tom Baker and held him in a dog cage, and those are only the major criminal acts.  

See, I didn't start watching again until around the Alexis and Julian wedding so all the crappy stuff I know about Franco was from hearing about it and not seeing it. Because of that, I don't know what was after the tumor and what wasn't. Oh, except for the Tom Baker thing.  Definitely remember that one.

So... about Nina.  I almost want to like Nina.  I think she can be really funny without how immature and inexperienced she is due to missing a large chunk of her youth. And I like seeing her with Charlotte.  I also liked her with Maxie today.  But then they just have to make me hate her with how she treats Lulu for having the audacity to want to see her child who was withheld from her for 8 years (or however they are saying Charlotte is right now) and defending Valentine no matter what.  

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 2

Valentin actually makes James Patrick Stuart less charismatic to me by the second, tbh. They want to pretend he's some major force, he killed Nikolas, yet the way they present him day to day, here is this convoluted manchild pushing 50 at least, weeping over his childhood, singing Billy Joel(!!), pining for Anna and anguishing over some instant child and a bunch of women he has questionable relationships with. Like, who are you and why do I care? You killed Nikolas but you're the guy crying all the time and singing easy listening. This is Valentin Cassadine? He's both so American and so weak. I don't understand it.

As for Roger Howarth, I loved him on OLTL. But he should never have come back after Todd left. Franco is Chernobyl. Nothing will ever make it work.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11

It was big of Nina to stop pouting and apologize to Maxie for her selfish behavior, but I can't deal with her interrogating Maxie about Peter. There's no sensible reason for Nina to be so suspicious of Peter's kindness other than this is a plot driven setup for Nina to feel justified when the Peter/Henrik truth comes out. Also, it irritates me just on principle that Nina--the woman who jumped into marriage with Valentin mere months after meeting him but knowing full well that he's a criminal--thinks she has any authority to tell Maxie to pump the brakes on her friendship with Peter.

Valentin really cranked up the intensity today, I think JPS could have toned it down by at least 50%. Valentin's role in this seems superfluous to me. I don't think he cares about Peter, I don't think he cares about Maxie, and he clearly doesn't care enough about Nina or Anna to be honest with them, so he's just yelling at Peter without much purpose.

The "model citizen" line didn't bother me too much given Franco's look of "ehhh, I don't know about that" in response, but yeah, it wouldn't hurt for him to actually admit to the things he's done post-tumor. It's like we're not supposed to remember or care about Avery's kidnapping, keeping Tom Baker in a cage, etc. Just because he hasn't killed anyone since the tumor was removed doesn't mean he's suddenly wholly respectable.

What the fuck is Anna thinking taking Emma on a jaunt to Switzerland with her and Jason? Jason looked like he wanted to vomit and then fling himself from the footbridge, and I don't blame him, this is a stupendously dumb plan.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So... about Nina.  I almost want to like Nina.  I think she can be really funny without how immature and inexperienced she is due to missing a large chunk of her youth. And I like seeing her with Charlotte.  I also liked her with Maxie today.  But then they just have to make me hate her with how she treats Lulu for having the audacity to want to see her child who was withheld from her for 8 years (or however they are saying Charlotte is right now) and defending Valentine no matter what.  

For me it's the acting. Today she pointed and flailed her arm about 5 times in front of Maxie. Gaaaaaah.

@jsbt there is a Michael/Maxie scene tomorrow, but it's probably just setting up some sort of baby stuff.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

It was big of Nina to stop pouting and apologize to Maxie for her selfish behavior, but I can't deal with her interrogating Maxie about Peter. There's no sensible reason for Nina to be so suspicious of Peter's kindness other than this is a plot driven setup for Nina to feel justified when the Peter/Henrik truth comes out. Also, it irritates me just on principle that Nina--the woman who jumped into marriage with Valentin mere months after meeting him but knowing full well that he's a criminal--thinks she has any authority to tell Maxie to pump the brakes on her friendship with Peter.

But this is Nina's MO - judging people and thinking she is a moral authority on things she has no right to talk about or lecture anyone on. In that regard she and Valentin are perfect for each other.

37 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Also, what @BlancheDevoreaux said. I will never forget Nina smugly talking to Valentin about Lulu's first supervised visit with Charlotte and how Lulu isn't a good parent because she doesn't know anything about her daughter and thus wouldn't be able to handle the visit and it wouldn't go well, blatantly disregarding why it was that Lulu didn't know her daughter.

• Love 2

I.. well, I was going to say I like this backstory for Franco, but... it's icky, so I'll say I like the layers that it adds to Franco's actions over the years.  Not an excuse, or a "redemption" or whatever, but more reasoning behind actions that seemed really off, even for him.

So, we know he fixated on Jason and the original reason given during JF's run was he "admired" his work.  Which was stupid as shit because even at his best Jason's only the lead hit man in a criminal organization in upstate NY.  Not exactly famous outside crime circles (or cop circles I guess given how they all seem to come to town having heard of Soson).  Now we see that Jason was a dead ringer for the "twin" that was snatched from Franco's life and rewritten as an imaginary friend by his mother to... I suppose support the repression of his memories of being abused (I can think of no other reason why she would have done that and still don't get why she gave Drew away, but maybe it was along the lines of Adela's reasoning to keep Sonny and give up Ric).  So at least part of his tumor addled reasoning goes back to this.  A lot of it is still wrapped up in "dud fucking crazy" cause, serial killer, but there you go.  

Then there is his bond with Jake, which I like but was sort of sudden.  Well, Jake supposedly looks (or looked as a baby) like Jason, so he looked like Drew before his miracle de-aging plastic surgery.  Sort of creepy, but slightly more understandable.

Then his super crazy over reaction to Tom Baker.

Avery was pretty soon after he found out that Kiki wasn't his after all and Ava lied to him about it for no good fucking reason.  And the truth about his parents... I think?  And he realized it was wrong.  Still fucking stupid.

It doesn't make anything he did ok, but I like seeing the shit that led up to how crazy he went.  I also believe that he'd have done the Tom Baker shit even if his serial killer tumor had never been a thing.  And'he'd probably have fixated on Jason without it as well, but maybe not in the same way.  And Avery's kidnapping as well.

I don't remember him taking Joss.  I know something happened with him an Carly back then, but I don't remember that part of it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I don't remember him taking Joss.

He didn't take JOss.  This was when JF was playing him, Carly came home and found him in joss' room, with Joss. Then he kidnapped Carly.  It's at 5:45

Edited by Perkie

Seriously, what have they done to Anna? This is mainly a rhetorical question as she's been nauseating for a number of years, but bringing Emma along to Switzerland with her and Jason? This entire plot just seems like fanfic gone wrong. And I'm so tired of Robin being dragged into nonsense while she's off-screen, especially nonsense she would never fucking agree to. The one thing Guza did right was that Robin trusted Jason, yes, but they STAYED AWAY FROM EACH OTHER and weren't besties publicly. Robin would never want Emma to be walking around anywhere with or near Jason. And this newfound Jason and Anna "ooh we trust and respect each other" is dumb. Just put him back with Sam and the side of the canvas he should be on.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Linny said:

What the fuck is Anna thinking taking Emma on a jaunt to Switzerland with her and Jason? Jason looked like he wanted to vomit and then fling himself from the footbridge, and I don't blame him, this is a stupendously dumb plan.

If I had to go with Jason to Switzerland, I'd certainly want to take someone with me who has normal reactions and who I actually want to spend time with.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Someone who was abused as a child would be affected and may become an abuser. But in terms of the tumor, the deciding factor would be where the tumor was located rather than the previous abuse.  If the tumor is in the prefrontal cortex, it would loosen Franco's moral controls independent of whether he was abused.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Avery was pretty soon after he found out that Kiki wasn't his after all and Ava lied to him about it for no good fucking reason.  And the truth about his parents... I think?  And he realized it was wrong.  Still fucking stupid.

The truth about Kiki coming out and the Avery kidnapping were almost a year apart, I believe.  The Kiki thing happened before he had even started sleeping with Carly while the Avery kidnap was right after the Hallowedding.

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Seriously, what have they done to Anna? This is mainly a rhetorical question as she's been nauseating for a number of years, but bringing Emma along to Switzerland with her and Jason? 

At least we'll be spared any "Oooh, look, Emma and LWB/FS are having a moment, she doesn't know he's her secret uncle, aw!" shit.

• Love 3

When even Jason is side eyeing Anna's decision making regarding Emma, you know there is a problem.

Hey Petey, you have a sister too. The baby is not the only family you have left.  Britt is awesome.  

I dread the day Liz gets pregnant again.  Like, the universe will implode.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 5

This redemption stuff for Franco is a mess, but it's had some good single moments. Franco not feeling sure of himself around Elizabeth's boys is logical. That was good stuff.

I'm surprised Elizabeth was pushing so hard for Franco to live with her and the boys again even as he said he didn't feel entirely whole. As a rape survivor herself, she should be familiar with a lot of what Franco is going through. I'd have expected her to be more empathetic. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers forgot Elizabeth had been raped.

Anna's extreme reaction to every mention of Heinrich's mother should make someone start putting two and two together.

15 hours ago, ouinason said:

When even Jason is side eyeing Anna's decision making regarding Emma, you know there is a problem.

I loved the way he said "Switzerland" while obviously thinking "Please, God, anyplace but Switzerland" when Anna asked her what country she was studying.

Edited by dubbel zout
very late corrections
  • Love 7