Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

How long was Carly in the "mental institution"? And that was just cuz she saw Sonny boning Detective I Can't Remember Her Name. 

Jesus God, please do not go down the Mikey/Kiki path AGAIN. 

Am I the only one who thought Mike was already dead?! In any case, OMG, Sonny is now going to have 2 storylines going?!?!? Noooooooooo.

• Love 5

Getting so tired of Jason and Nell standing there and taking whatever abuse Carly wants to dish out. Just walk away, Renee! If they did and Carly found herself talking to thin air maybe she would wise up after awhile that she is not Queen of Port Charles.

And Ava having to beg bratty Kiki to hold her own baby is just pitiful and so wrong. Nell is right. Ava needs to stand up and take equal rights with her daughter before Avery starts turning into a Corinthii emotionally and spiritually.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Carly: All of us just waiting around waiting for Sam to admit [that she loves Jason] hurts all of us.

I'm not sure how Carly came to that conclusion, but Carly has nothing going on for her storywise if she's not butting into someone's personal life. 

I'm so done with Carly/Nelle. Done and done and done. And I just can't with Nelle. Bring back Nathan and take Nelle away.

Why are they dragging Mike back into gambling? They don't know what to do with Sonny anymore, I think. Next stop, Lily will come for a visit to tell him how much of a good man he is.

I thought the Maxie/Nina scenes were really well done and I really liked the final scene with Nathan. These were the two most important people in his life and I thought it was fitting that it be them three together for his final scene on the show. I also liked that they didn't go all glaring white lights. 

• Love 9

I know it doesn't make sense that this would be Anna's "fantasy," but I am holding onto the fact that she told Faison the thing about Heinrich just before Faison grabbed her -- i.e., during the fantasy sequence. So maybe she was just double-checking that he was dead by goading him? (I was certainly wondering about whether he was really gone, myself, given that we never saw him die, and he didn't look like his head had been opened.) 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Getting so tired of Jason and Nell standing there and taking whatever abuse Carly wants to dish out. Just walk away, Renee! If they did and Carly found herself talking to thin air maybe she would wise up after awhile that she is not Queen of Port Charles.

And Ava having to beg bratty Kiki to hold her own baby is just pitiful and so wrong. Nell is right. Ava needs to stand up and take equal rights with her daughter before Avery starts turning into a Corinthii emotionally and spiritually.

If Ava actually went to a reputable lawyer (so not Diane that botched the Lulu/Valentin custody case for unexplained reasons), doesn't she have a case for split custody if not full? Sonny/Carly didn't give Avery back to Ava when the only reason Avery was with Sonny (who only had supervised visitation early on) was because Kiki was in a coma, then blackmailed Ava with the Paul sex tape and refused to ever let Ava see her daughter, and used Ava's own medical emergency to underhandedly take full custody for themselves.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

If Ava actually went to a reputable lawyer (so not Diane that botched the Lulu/Valentin custody case for unexplained reasons), doesn't she have a case for split custody if not full? Sonny/Carly didn't give Avery back to Ava when the only reason Avery was with Sonny (who only had supervised visitation early on) was because Kiki was in a coma, then blackmailed Ava with the Paul sex tape and refused to ever let Ava see her daughter, and used Ava's own medical emergency to underhandedly take full custody for themselves.

The Paul sex tape shouldn't hold any weight and at first Ava didn't care. 

But sometime after the fire, Sonny got full custody

Nelle is right. Words that I never I would say.

If Ava put even one tenth the energy she did in getting her the bad bronze off her face that she did to fight for custody of Avery, she might actually get to see her daughter more than accidentally when she is with Kiki.

Ava doesn't even try to see Avery except once before her debronzing face surgery.

Get a damn lawyer already. I don't necessarily care about Ava or the custody issues, but I am sick of the same scene of accidentally running into Kiki with Avery and making Kiki feel awkward by begging her to hold Avery for a few minutes.

Been there. Done than.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, stlbf said:

Liesl's scene with Dante were damn near perfect. She should hold Lulu partially responsible for Nathan's death.

I will agree she should hold Lulu about 5 percent responsible for Nathan's death, and herself 95% responsible for Nathan's death because she has enabled, aided and protected Faison in his various heinous acts/crimes since before she first appeared with him on-screen, as his accomplice in holding Robin captive and torturing her. My impression was that she was Faison's accomplice for at least 10 years, or up to approximately 30 if we assume she's been helping him and encouraging in his depraved behaviors dating back to the time she became physically involved with him and gave birth to Nathan/Britt (not sure which child is supposed to be her eldest).

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

Ava, quit begging Kiki and just go to a goddamned lawyer to fight for your parental rights.  Every time Kiki said she has to respect Sonny and Carly's wishes I screamed "Carly has zero say in this!"  God, this storyline--I'm so sick of the Corinthos and their bullying ways.  I thought Kiki was going to have a nervous breakdown when Michael walked into Kelly's and, gasp, Ava had the nerve to be in a public place.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
5 hours ago, LillyB said:

I have a gut feeling that Snarly is going to sue for custody of Nelle's baby the minute it is born.

Taking other people's kids is their hobby.  And Carly would probably ban Monica from seeing the baby too because she is exactly that type.

I would love to see Carly do this only to have Monica stand behind Nell in going after Carly with both barrels.  How many decades has Monica been dealing with Carly and Sonny's abuse?  Monica knows all of Carly and Sonny's dirty deeds.  Yes Monica has her own past but she looks like Mother Theresa compared to Carly.  Wouldn't it be great if Drew, who has all of Jason's memories, spilled EVERYTHING that Jason knows about Sonny's business. It would be glorious to watch Carson crash and burn because they tried to steal yet another generation of Quartermaines.  First, they took a brain damaged Jason.  Then they stole AJ's son, Michael.  Now they want Michael's child!  I want Monica to stand up, bang her fist on the nurses station and say "Hell no not again.  It stops here and now!"  I want her to hire a big time lawyer that will wipe the floor with Diane.

• Love 18
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I am SO BORED with the Heinrich story. We still don't know why Jason in particular was chose for the memory switch.

Because Jason is just the bestest ever and they wanted someone they could control to do their bidding. Then they found out that Jason couldn't be controlled but luckily Faison was looking at SEAL teams (!!!!) and found someone who looked just like Jason so they kidnapped Drew and gave him Jason's memories.

However,the flaws are 1.  Drew is a trained SEAL who goes on Black Ops missions so he's probably a better trained killer than Jason is and 2. the things that made Jason a stone cold killer is the lack of emotion and morality caused by the brain damage so even if they put Jason's memories in Drew's head, it's still not going to make him Jason.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

This show doesn't seem to realize that there is a difference between custody and visitation. Even if Sonny and Carly keep custody (and they shouldn't), there is no reason why Ava can't have court-mandated visitation with her daughter.  This idea that everyone has to keep Ava from seeing Avery is ridiculous.  Ava really needs a good lawyer

55 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ava, quit begging Kiki and just go to a goddamned lawyer to fight for your parental rights.  Every time Kiki said she has to respect Sonny and Carly's wishes I screamed "Carly has zero say in this!" 

Carly doesn't have legal say.  But I"m sure if she started nagging Sonny that she's sick of Avery being around all the time and he needs to get rid of her (not that she ever would), Kiki would find herself with a lot of Avery time.Maybe Ava too.

• Love 8

Shut. Up. Carly. Just shut up!

KSt is really bringing her A game.  And I liked MSt today; she actually seemed to be taking her acting cues from Kirsten instead of being in her own performance universe. 

One more time: Shut up, Carly!

• Love 14
On February 1, 2018 at 10:24 PM, ulkis said:

It makes me do a double take, heh, when Obrecht gets called Liesl, both on the show and on the board. It's like as if Spinelli were referred to as Damien.

I'm going to start referring to Sonny as Michael.

• Love 1

I feel kind of bad for LW because, more than ever, she's being used as a vehicle to move the audience along emotionally on behalf of other characters, to where the writers want the viewers to get to -- rather than, you know, doing the real work of character development.

Carly has taunted Nelle and Ava in such an over-the-top way that we're supposed to feel sympathy for them, rather than actually see some character growth on their behalf. (This is especially true of Nelle; we literally don't even know if she's a literal murderer. Minor detail.) Carly speaks for and at Jason because we're supposed to admire his manly stoicism, but still be reminded that the show has a big love triangle going.

Heck, she's even flipping out on Sonny's behalf over things that used to send him into a rage and which he's more fatalistic about now -- Ava, Nelle, mob shenanigans. I'm not sure what that's about, but I have a feeling the writers just don't feel confident in giving MB emotional material any more.

All of these things run counter to the often-expressed idea that Carly has matured well beyond who she was when she was a younger woman, lashing out in rage. I'm tired of the show trying to have it both ways. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 7

I'm tired of the show trying to have it both ways.

It sure seems like the Corinthos way or the highway.   And they just resigned MB.  Sigh.  Heavy Sigh.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 13

I watched Jason tell Sam that Faison is dead, and Sam's angry response about what she and Danny/Jason missed out on because of Faison. Did I miss Sam finding out Nathan died, and referencing checking on Maxie? I thought she would be really worried about Maxie.   Maxie is supposed to be Sam's one girlfriend (I don't count Carly, since that "friendship" is about/because of Jason). Though the circumstances were/are not exactly the same, Sam knows what it is like to feel rage and despair that your spouse is gone because of Faison, and face raising your child without his/her father. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Did I miss Sam finding out Nathan died

She knows.  She told both Drew and Jason that she knows how Maxie feels, how your life can go from light to dark in a short amount of time.  She hasn't been to see Maxie yet, but I'm assuming she'll be at the funeral if they air it.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Because Jason is just the bestest ever and they wanted someone they could control to do their bidding. Then they found out that Jason couldn't be controlled but luckily Faison was looking at SEAL teams (!!!!) and found someone who looked just like Jason so they kidnapped Drew and gave him Jason's memories.

Yeah, I guess. It still makes no sense. (TFGH, of course.)

• Love 2

Correct me if I am wrong but we haven't seen a confrontation between Lulu and anyone who was closely related to Nathan, have we? Certainly not between Lulu and Maxie. We've seen Lulu herself whine and beat her breast about her guilt, and why is that? The show seems to be protecting Lulu by letting her blunt the effect of confrontation with Nathan's close relatives. And didn't someone (maybe Dante?) further put in a big excuse for her by blaring that Nathan agreed to let the article get published to protect his family somehow? So by agreeing he somehow deserved to die? And we are supposed to spread the blame to her publisher, too, who let the article get published.

Can someone clarify how Nathan was supposed to be protecting his family, and why Lulu seems to be getting a pass? She was acting completely entitled and bold in that careless Spencer habit of her parents, especially her father, before it all went down. I want to see Lulu pay bigtime for her presumption and arrogance.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

The show seems to be protecting Lulu by letting her blunt the effect of confrontation with Nathan's close relatives.

I'm sure everyone will be lining up to yell at her soon. They had Dr. O., torturer/attempted muderer/kidnapper, who has never expressed any regret for her actions, blame her, and presented her (Obrecht) in a sympathetic light. It's coming.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Correct me if I am wrong but we haven't seen a confrontation between Lulu and anyone who was closely related to Nathan, have we? Certainly not between Lulu and Maxie. We've seen Lulu herself whine and beat her breast about her guilt, and why is that? The show seems to be protecting Lulu by letting her blunt the effect of confrontation with Nathan's close relatives. And didn't someone (maybe Dante?) further put in a big excuse for her by blaring that Nathan agreed to let the article get published to protect his family somehow? So by agreeing he somehow deserved to die? And we are supposed to spread the blame to her publisher, too, who let the article get published.

Can someone clarify how Nathan was supposed to be protecting his family, and why Lulu seems to be getting a pass? She was acting completely entitled and bold in that careless Spencer habit of her parents, especially her father, before it all went down. I want to see Lulu pay bigtime for her presumption and arrogance.

I’ve been thinking about a different interpretation of Lulu’s absence.  My spin is that the writers wanted to give good focus to the goodbyes to Nathan on Tuesday and the initial reactions to his death on Wednesday.  And those goodbyes belonged to his wife, his mother, his “sister” and his best friend/partner.  Considering how little time Lulu spent with Nathan one-on-one, I think that Lulu’s relationship with him was not as close as the relaitionships of the other four.  I'm trying to think of what she would have added in those bedside moments and I'm not coming up with much - other than some shock and guilt about her contribution to the tragedy. 

As well, the content of those goodbyes and remembrances focused on the good in Nathan’s life – and little on the “why and how” he died.  Lulu would have been too much a reminder of the “why and how.” 

I personally liked that she wasn’t there for much of that well-delivered emotion.  As well, I do think that Liesl’s words to Dante were just the beginning – just a way to remind him and us that there is more to come. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I feel kind of bad for LW because, more than ever, she's being used as a vehicle to move the audience along emotionally on behalf of other characters, to where the writers want the viewers to get to -- rather than, you know, doing the real work of character development.

Carly has taunted Nelle and Ava in such an over-the-top way that we're supposed to feel sympathy for them, rather than actually see some character growth on their behalf. (This is especially true of Nelle; we literally don't even know if she's a literal murderer. Minor detail.) Carly speaks for and at Jason because we're supposed to admire his manly stoicism, but still be reminded that the show has a big love triangle going.

Heck, she's even flipping out on Sonny's behalf over things that used to send him into a rage and which he's more fatalistic about now -- Ava, Nelle, mob shenanigans. I'm not sure what that's about, but I have a feeling the writers just don't feel confident in giving MB emotional material any more.

All of these things run counter to the often-expressed idea that Carly has matured well beyond who she was when she was a younger woman, lashing out in rage. I'm tired of the show trying to have it both ways. 

I feel sorry for her too. While the show works tirelessly to give Maura West her Emmy reel, it seems to forget that Laura Wright too won this show a Leading Actress Emmy. They seem to do this with all of the long time actresses and/or female characters. These women end up playing the goat in these stories.

I feel sorry for Emme Rylan and what she will have to play out. Frankly, I never thought she was a good Lulu. Julie Maire Berman might have been showing her boredom near the end of her run, but someone once described her performance, especially early on, if you turned of the sound, you could still tell she was playing a Spencer. And while story wise it makes sense that Lisel would rain down some serious vengence on her, even if Lulu shows true remorse and decides to quit being a reporter, it pretty rich that a woman that stole her viable eggs, implanted it into her daughter and held hostage another embryo to get her freedom and Lulu never did a thing to get back at her for that. 

That is part of problem with the show. These really shitty people do these really terrible things like induce labor to get a baby, steal someones embryos, kill a woman in cold blood, kill someone to steal his birthright and end up as fashion magazine editors, daughters, head of hospitals etc... It used to be shitty people, even on this show, got what they deserved, even if the person was played by a good actor, now they can be completely unapologetic about they have done in the (recent) past and still have wonderful things happen for them. People like Lulu, Liz  and Maxie at times might let their baser instincts take over, and really terrible things happened, but they never get away with it and are punished one way or another. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Obrecht confronted Lulu before Nathan died about the article and they had a brief confrontation when Lulu showed up at the hospital but nothing since. But given that Nathan only died a couple of episodes ago, it's a little early to be talking about Lulu getting a pass. And maybe Lulu's "beating her breast" about her guilt because she actually feels guilty. It's not that big a mystery.

Peter (and I think Dante) have mentioned Nathan agreeing to the article not because they think he deserved to die but because Nathan agreed to the article. Lulu didn't tie him up in chains and force him into it. He went into this with eyes wide open (and brain mostly closed.) As crappy as it may seem to blame the dead guy, Nathan does share as much responsibility as Lulu - as does Peter. He not only put the idea in Lulu's head but now that we officially know he's Faison's son Heinrich we know that he set this all in motion just to get back at Faison. 

I think they're saying Nathan did this to protect his family because that was the reason he wanted to do it. I think he - stupidly - didn't want to wait around for Faison to find out that he was his son and wanted to use the interview (and the news that he was Faison's son) to draw Faison out and capture Faison to protect Maxie and the baby.

21 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I don't really feel bad for her. Even if they are using her for those purposes, I don't think the writers really believe - or want most of the audience to believe - that Carly is in the wrong for any of her shitty hypocritical behavior. They don't dare let the "good" characters call Carly out. It's just characters like Ava and Nelle. She still gets to uselessly clog up the screen even when all she's doing is whining about Jason and Sam's epic love that nobody but her really gives a crap about. Plus, LW got her boyfriend a job and now gets to work with him every day.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

if Lulu . . . decides to quit being a reporter

I never was really into the idea of Lulu being a reporter, but I think it's kind of shitty for the writers to finally give Lulu non kid focused stuff and then slap her down for it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm sure everyone will be lining up to yell at her soon. They had Dr. O., torturer/attempted muderer/kidnapper, who has never expressed any regret for her actions, blame her, and presented her (Obrecht) in a sympathetic light. It's coming.

I can't wait until Nina gets to screech at her and gets Valentin in on it to both blast Lulu for potentially bringing danger to Charlotte and using this as an example to further separate Lulu from her daughter's life. I'm sure the writers didn't think about the special kind of irony about Nina screaming at Faison and calling him a murderer for killing her brother, she was being held and comforted by the man that brought that same exact pain to Lulu by murdering HER brother.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I feel sorry for her too. While the show works tirelessly to give Maura West her Emmy reel, it seems to forget that Laura Wright too won this show a Leading Actress Emmy.

They hired her boyfriend! She's fine. I imagine LW is loving her job right now.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Nathan does share as much responsibility as Lulu

He shares responsibility in that he made a choice, but Lulu has a history of knowledge about Faison that Nathan lacks. Lulu's childhood/family life got torn apart because Faison (in partnership with Helena Cassadine) kidnapped her brother Lucky when he was a teenager. causing her parents and her future sister-in-law Elizabeth to be tortured by despair because they thought he was dead. She is aware that Faison is a very dangerous criminal who has a history with her parents and with her dad's old best friend, Robert, and his wife/ex, Anna. Nathan knew nothing personally of Faison until recently; he certainly had no traumatic history with him. For that reason, IMO, Lulu has more responsibility in this situation. 

• Love 8

Lulu's motives were selfish: "I'll capture Faison and become a real reporter at last!", whereas Nathan's motives were more along the line of "Let's get Faison out in the open so we can deal with him once and for all." Lulu sucks.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They hired her boyfriend! She's fine. I imagine LW is loving her job right now.

If there is one GH cast member that I feel is perfectly "fine."  It's LW.  She doesn't give a shit what the hell she's reciting on a daily basis, as long as she gets to ride to work with her "man."  

Carly is a raging smug asshole and she does a perfect job playing that role.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I never was really into the idea of Lulu being a reporter, but I think it's kind of shitty for the writers to finally give Lulu non kid focused stuff and then slap her down for it.

She is going to get slapped down one way or another.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He shares responsibility in that he made a choice, but Lulu has a history of knowledge about Faison that Nathan lacks. Lulu's childhood/family life got torn apart because Faison (in partnership with Helena Cassadine) kidnapped her brother Lucky when he was a teenager. causing her parents and her future sister-in-law Elizabeth to be tortured by despair because they thought he was dead. She is aware that Faison is a very dangerous criminal who has a history with her parents and with her dad's old best friend, Robert, and his wife/ex, Anna. Nathan knew nothing personally of Faison until recently; he certainly had no traumatic history with him. For that reason, IMO, Lulu has more responsibility in this situation. 

Lulu should know that, but given she didn't mention Lucky once they made just exactly how much she knows murkey. 

I think Nathan's motives not being selfish excuses him more, but he knew what Faison did to Anna; he shouldn't have had to have met the man (which he actually already had when he was last in town) to realize how dangerous he was, especially since evil mom was refusing to tell who he was.

I just wish I knew where the writers stood on Lulu. Just because a character screws up doesn't mean the writers dislike them, but the put the onus on her for such weird things - "it's Lulu's fault Dante cheated!" "Lulu is being so unreasonable for not wanting the child that was stolen from her away from her brother's murderer!" - and then letting her have some ambition and then turning around and saying, oh selfish Lulu wanted something more and she helped get the hunky dude killed, that I have to think they don't have much use for her, especially given they just dumped her mom. And if that's the case, I'd rather they just write her off to go attend to Spencer's other leg.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Nathan strikes me as the good-hearted but not-too-bright kind of guy who had heard what Faison did but couldn't conceive of his plan to save his family and others in Port Charles not working.  He had the best of intentions but he couldn't imagine the kind of twisted brain that Sonny, Jason, Franco, Julian or Henrik have.  Lulu, on the other hand, has a lifetime's experience with her father and his friends.

I'm going to miss Nathan.  The actor wasn't the greatest but the character had a Forrest Gump-like sweetness and belief in the goodness of others.  Who else would have agreed to that terrible plan of Amy's to pay for her brother's medical bills?

I know that villains are often more interesting and certainly more fun for the actors to play but this show needs more good guys.  Trading Nathan for Henrik is a massive fail for me.

• Love 10

Who are the bad guys on this show though? I wouldn't count Sonny and Jason, since the show doesn't, but I'll throw them in there for the heck of it. So, bad/ish: Sonny, Franco, Jason, Julian, Peter. That's about it. I'm not counting Ned because he's not on contract. Maybe Valentin as well? I barely count Julian either though nowadays.

(Speaking of Valentin, when he snarked at Lulu for being a reporter, it made me wonder, what does he do exactly again?)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Speaking of Valentin, when he snarked at Lulu for being a reporter, it made me wonder, what does he do exactly again?)

Sits on Nik's couch, in Nik's house, with Nik's servants, counting the money he misapropriated from Nik before he killed him.  

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu's motives were selfish: "I'll capture Faison and become a real reporter at last!", whereas Nathan's motives were more along the line of "Let's get Faison out in the open so we can deal with him once and for all." Lulu sucks.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Nathan strikes me as the good-hearted but not-too-bright kind of guy who had heard what Faison did but couldn't conceive of his plan to save his family and others in Port Charles not working.  He had the best of intentions but he couldn't imagine the kind of twisted brain that Sonny, Jason, Franco, Julian or Henrik have.  Lulu, on the other hand, has a lifetime's experience with her father and his friends.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think Nathan's motives not being selfish excuses him more, but he knew what Faison did to Anna; he shouldn't have had to have met the man (which he actually already had when he was last in town) to realize how dangerous he was, especially since evil mom was refusing to tell who he was.

I agree, ulkis. I'm not quite sure why you need personal experience with a criminal to grasp that "the most wanted international criminal" just might be dangerous. People are talking about Nathan as if he's some wide-eyed, "just fell off the turnip truck" innocent. He's not! First and foremost, he was A COP. He deals with criminals all the time. Apparently, Lulu is supposed to know better because her family has criminals and has dealt with criminals but somehow Nathan gets a pass when his whole job is about dealing with dangerous people? His sister/cousin went crazy and literally stole a baby out of someone's womb. His first storyline on this show involved that Levi crap, someone who was crazy and did crazy things and we were led to believe Nathan could see right through him from the very beginning. He's been witness to a lot of the crazy Cassadine shit Dante/Lulu have dealt with. So, no, I don't believe Nathan couldn't possibly grasp that there are dangerous, twisted people out there and it's not a hot idea to voluntarily draw someone like that to PC. And, let's say he did lack knowledge about Faison. Perhaps he should have taken the time to gain that knowledge before recklessly agreeing to Lulu's reckless idea. Plus, didn't Nathan admit he was thinking of doing something about Faison even before Lulu came to him with the interview idea?

Nathan didn't need personal experience with it. His mother, who is herself a criminal and usually fearless, was clearly petrified when she told Nathan who his father was. His wife Maxie, whose family also has experience with Faison, told him how scared she was. He's spoken with Anna about how terrified she was of Faison. That all should have led him to know Faison was not someone to take on lightly.

Lulu's motives being more selfish don't lessen Nathan's culpability. It makes his reasoning more understandable and sympathetic, but it doesn't mean he is somehow less responsible.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Who else would have agreed to that terrible plan of Amy's to pay for her brother's medical bills?

Possibly Michael, Dante, Mac. I would say Kevin, but I think he's smarter than those other characters. Also, Jason probably would have since the show insists Jason is the most special, good, and kind hitman ever. People talk a lot about how Nathan was one of the few good guys on the show - and I guess that's relatively true considering how morally bankrupt a lot of these characters are - but we're also talking about a man who shot an innocent, unarmed man. The Griffin/Claudette/Nathan story was loooong, stupid, and mostly pointless, so there's a lot I don't remember about it but didn't Nathan shoot Griffin and not even bother to figure out if he lived or died, which is why he didn't recognize Griffin when he showed up in PC? It doesn't make him evil, but it doesn't necessarily put him much above characters like Michael, Dante, Curtis, Drew, Griffin, Mac, Ned, Kevin, etc.

I just wish I knew where the writers stood on Lulu. Just because a character screws up doesn't mean the writers dislike them, but the put the onus on her for such weird things - "it's Lulu's fault Dante cheated!" "Lulu is being so unreasonable for not wanting the child that was stolen from her away from her brother's murderer!" - and then letting her have some ambition and then turning around and saying, oh selfish Lulu wanted something more and she helped get the hunky dude killed, that I have to think they don't have much use for her, especially given they just dumped her mom. And if that's just the case, I'd rather they just write her off to go attend to Spencer's other leg.

Agreed.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Plus, didn't Nathan admit he was thinking of doing something about Faison even before Lulu came to him with the interview idea?

Yes, she overheard him and that's why she broached it to him.

but we're also talking about a man who shot an innocent, unarmed man. The Griffin/Claudette/Nathan story was loooong, stupid, and mostly pointless, so there's a lot I don't remember about it but didn't Nathan shoot Griffin and not even bother to figure out if he lived or died, which is why he didn't recognize Griffin when he showed up in PC?

Yeah, although he was very drunk when he shot him. (Which isn't much to recommend either, but I just wanted to specify that.) And then no one even found out about it, besides Maxie and Obrecht. The whole story really was just randomly stopped after going for months. 

• Love 3

<<When Liesl told Anna that Faison had another son, Anna seemed genuinely surprised.  You'd think she would have known if Henrik was hers.

It surpasses all logic that Anna would have a child and give him to Faison to raise. Does. Not. Compute.>>

well crap, now you have me all worried about Robin's paternity.....

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

<<When Liesl told Anna that Faison had another son, Anna seemed genuinely surprised.  You'd think she would have known if Henrik was hers.

It surpasses all logic that Anna would have a child and give him to Faison to raise. Does. Not. Compute.>>

well crap, now you have me all worried about Robin's paternity.....

I guess she forgot like Vicki Buchanan had forgotten. Dumb storyline for Finola Hughes to be involved in.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I guess she forgot like Vicki Buchanan had forgotten.

Twice! She forgot having given birth to two of her daughters! To forget one may be regarded as misfortune, two looks like carelessness.

Anyway, Faison is all about the brainwashing, I figure the show will go that route.

• Love 2

As much as I like Lady Bracknell, didn't Vicki have Dissociative Identity Disorder or something like that?

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Who are the bad guys on this show though?

Who are the good ones?  Mac, although he's rarely on.  Kevin ditto, if he's not really his evil twin.  T.J. also barely on. Dante, possibly Curtis.  Only the last two are on regularly.

Griffin I don't see as a genuinely good soul because he's got a manipulative streak and Michael spends too much time propping Sonny and Carly and doing bad things for them like keeping Avery away from her mother.

There are too many bad guys on this show including the ones I'm supposed to think are good.

• Love 2

RoHo is never going to stop pulling out his disgusting Todd Manning eating tricks, what a lazy actor.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:25 PM, Hater said:

It really is disgusting and one of the worst acting tics an actor can have.

More talented actors can pull that off, some of the Big Bang Theory cast are really skilled at it (they eat a lot on that show).  When done right, it adds more realism than characters pushing food around on their plates without taking an actual bite. RoHo doesn't have those kind of chops, no pun intended. 

But Rebecca did handle the obviously ad-libbed "tangerine piece shoved in her mouth mid-line" thing very well.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1

Loving the Oscar Wilde quotes!

Anna might have been surprised at the mention of another Faison child, but she knew it was hers—she told dead Faison she'd kept that secret from him.

Does that mean Faison had three sons, Heinrich (Peter), Nathan, and Anna's? Or is Anna's kid not a son? I haz confusion. Regardless, Faison not knowing about two kids of his in the world is careless. Hee.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

didn't Vicki have Dissociative Identity Disorder or something like that?

Yes (and she passed it on to her daughter Jessica, which led to some really, really distasteful stories).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Griffin I don't see as a genuinely good soul because he's got a manipulative streak and Michael spends too much time propping Sonny and Carly and doing bad things for them like keeping Aviery away from her mother.

I think those two are fine. Griffin couldn't manipulate his shoelace (although i guess he has that pull and push away tendencies Ava spoke of before, but I don't think that tips him out of the category) and I don't think the act of Michael keeping Avery away from Ava in and of itself is bad. Michael is an idiot for thinking it, but he thinks Ava purposefully does bad stuff. He thinks Sonny and Carly stumble thier way into messing their kids up.

There's also Drew and Finn.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Why would Jason give Drew his real news?  Drew is only his brother and has been hurt even more than Jason by Franco, and is a trained SEAL to boot. But he isn't willing to give his life over to Sonny and Carly so the rest of it doesn't count.

33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think those two are fine. Griffin couldn't manipulate his shoelace (although i guess he has that pull and push away tendencies Ava spoke of before, but I don't think that tips him out of the category) and I don't think the act of Michael keeping Avery away from Ava in and of itself is bad. Michael is an idiot for thinking it, but he thinks Ava purposefully does bad stuff. He thinks Sonny and Carly stumble thier way into messing their kids up.

Griffin's pull and push with Ava even after she asked him to stop jerking her around means to me that he puts himself first so no, I don't think of him as primarily a good man.  Michael has watched Sonny and Carly be unfair  and hurt people and yes, kill his father AJ after keeping them apart all his life and he still forgives them and Jason everything.  No matter how much of an idiot Michael is, if he were a truly good man he wouldn't keep telling them that they're right and have a good heart. Because they don't.

Drew was willing to be Sonny's enforcer and kill people because heis told to so he's lost.  We'll see about Finn.

• Love 2
On 2/2/2018 at 12:19 PM, statsgirl said:

That was a lovely moment with RP at the end.  Unexpected and sweet.

Every once in awhile this show gets it right. The Nina/Maxie scenes on Friday were just that. Having lost a brother, I was definitely in touch with all those emotions and that last moment hit me in a way I was definitely not quite ready for. Took me a few minutes to recover. Kudos to them.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I just wish I knew where the writers stood on Lulu. Just because a character screws up doesn't mean the writers dislike them, but the put the onus on her for such weird things - "it's Lulu's fault Dante cheated!"

Lulu doesn't just screw up. She has an ego and a mouth as big as Pittsburgh when she decides to go on a mission or goal. It's Lulu's way or the highway at those times. And she definitely doesn't think through about the consequences of her rash and impulsive insights and decisions. She's a bull in a china shop. Then if it doesn't work out she's all "rut roh I goofed" and blinking like a big doll at the carnival or a 5-year old child who's dropped her ice cream. Her parents were Supercouple Luke and Laura, with their own giant hubris problems, and Bro Lucky isn't all that successful as a responsible adult. I want to like her, because she is a good parent, but she should think through her actions and decisions. To grow into full responsible adulthood, Lulu needs this realization. 

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Her parents were Supercouple Luke and Laura, with their own giant hubris problems

Agreed.  Although Luke and Laura had a much higher success rate with their schemes.  Speaking of Lucky, with Nashville ending I wonder if there's any chance of a JJ return?  Dante needs a new partner now :(

Plus, the son of such an iconic couple needs a better ending.  While the loss of a spouse can be tough, hard to imagine that Luke and Laura's son is so emotionally fragile that Siobhan McKenna's death caused him to flee to Africa, never to return.  Would be nice to see that character redeemed.  He would have brought so much to the recent Faison S/L based on his history.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 10