Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I have been to a funeral of a person who died of a brain tumor and was autopsied,

When I was a student over 30 years ago, I attended and autopsy of someone who they suspected died of a brain aneurysm. I don't know if anyone wants me to go into the details......but I was seriously wondering what the hell Kevin was going to do with his cookie jar.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LillyB said:
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Plus if Robin was going to get a brother, it should have been Griffin.  

Or Ethan who should have been Robert's instead of Luke's

NOOOOOOOOOO. I never want Robert stuck with that chucklehead as a son.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I want Anna to finally be FREE from that monster. Not to have any kind of link or connection to him after his death.

Same here. Faison tortured Anna enough in life that she doesn’t need any reminders of him after his death.

• Love 4

So I guess Ryan Paevey wanted to leave, because he's smart like that. But they couldn't recast Nathan ? Yet they can fire people to have the money to bring on two Jasons.

Okay.  I'd really love to watch any Nathan related stuff this week, but I'm afraid characters I loathe would pop up. It's just like this show to make Nathan's death all about Jason and Sam somehow. I am not even watching and I bet they found a way to do that, didn't they ?

Reason #1 I'm not watching.

But a brain in a cookie jar ? That could be a new diet that would like, put some people off sweets forever.

Edited by IWantCandy71
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

that I didn't get to see AJ's family mourn his MURDER

This is why Jason will (at least at this point)  always be one of the worst characters on this show. If you can be besties with the man that murdered your brother, you(and anyone who defends you) deserves whatever misery that befalls them(except Monica). It doesn't even matter if Jason MORGAN and AJ were close or even if they hated each other. It doesn't matter one  iota.

It would be like if Lulu HAD shot Nathan, and then Maxie was like "so you wanna go get  a latte?"  

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

So I guess Ryan Paevey wanted to leave, because he's smart like that. But they couldn't recast Nathan ? Yet they can fire people to have the money to bring on two Jasons.

Two Jasons and two Carlys.

Does Kevin had a plan for that brain? Is he going to go a neuroscientist, or just look at it and be inspired to give his talk?

3 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Jason should have told Drew to return ALL of his assets, except for Sam and get the fuck out of his face.

I don't understand Diane's drive to get Jason back all his money.  Jason lost 5 years of his life because of the choices he made and who he was and because he worked for Sonny.  Drew lost his entire life before he showed up in Port Charles just because he looked like Jason.  Jason lost five years of his sons' life, both of whom he had rejected at times but Drew lost 14 years of Oscar's life.  It's not Drew's fault Sam chose him.

Also St. Jasus isn't material like that. He doesn't have a use for money, he's so pure.

• Love 6

Comedic line of the day goes to Sonny:

"I've always been a good judge of character."

hahahahahahahahaha!

ETA: Carly has some friggin' nerve throwing Nelle's stay in a mental hospital at her.  How many ones has she been a patient?  Or Morgan?  How many times should Sonny have been committed?  Talk about hypocrisy.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

When I was a student over 30 years ago, I attended an autopsy of someone who they suspected died of a brain aneurysm. I don't know if anyone wants me to go into the details......but I was seriously wondering what the hell Kevin was going to do with his cookie jar.

Actually, Blackie, in my story it was a brain aneurysm--she had had a benign brain tumor removed about 7 yrs earlier at 9. My sister died at 16. She couldn't catch a break...survived a brain tumor and operation but still had an aneurysm that killed her. She looked perfectly normal at the funeral.

Sorry for mentioning this everybody....still grieving after all these years I guess.

• Love 3

So, Anna and Faison had a secret baby...at some unspecified point in time...whom Faison stashed away, and grew up to be annoying and date Laura Wright. (Questions: Did Faison rape her? And brainwash her to forget? Did he call fellow undead supervillain Mitch Laurence to get his ice tea recipe?) Meanwhile, he carried on a decades-long affair with Obrecht, and was deeply disappointed when she presented him with a girlchild instead of the son he wanted. All the while neglecting the secret son he had with Anna, with whom he was obsessed. And Obrecht, who in her turn was obsessed with Faison, also hated that Britt was so disappointingly female, but then gave her own son with Faison to Donna Mills because reasons? Helena? And an embittered Peter/Heinrich concocted an elaborate scheme involving Lulu Falconeri, Intrepid Girl Reporter, to trick Faison into murdering the son he never knew existed...because that would totally show him? And now both Nathan and Faison are for-realsies dead and Kevin is carrying the latter's  brain around in a jar while Liz snarks about his dead serial killer brother with her serial killer boyfriend even though Kevin has always been nice to her as far as I recall? Do I have all that right?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 21
On 1/31/2018 at 3:32 PM, dubbel zout said:

Nina, on the other hand? Screeching "Murderer!" and falling into Valentin's arms was probably in character for Nina, since she's usually overly dramatic, but sheesh.

I LMAO at her chewing all the scenery. We hadn't had a good REPENT! type scene in a while.

Very impressed with KSt, I thought she was fantastic. Liked Dante and Liesl's scenes as well. And while I was never what you could consider a Maxie/Nathan fan (nothing against them, they were inoffensive), I sobbed like a baby yesterday.

Today was a flaming pile of crap. I don't care about hardly anyone that was shown, and I hated all the stories. I can't even stomach that Anna has to ask for Sonny to stay away, and then him saying we're friends? Vomit forever.

Thanks to TeeVee for the GIF from a couple of days ago. Never fails to crack me up.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

So, Anna and Faison had a secret baby...at some unspecified point in time...whom Faison stashed away, and grew up to be annoying and date Laura Wright. (Questions: Did Faison rape her? And brainwash her to forget? Did he call fellow undead supervillain Mitch Laurence to get his ice tea recipe?) Meanwhile, he carried on a decades-long affair with Obrecht, and was deeply disappointed when she presented him with a girlchild instead of the son he wanted. All the while neglecting the secret son he had with Anna, with whom he was obsessed. And Obrecht, who in her turn was obsessed with Faison, also hated that Britt was so disappointingly female, but then gave her own son with Faison to Donna Mills because reasons? Helena? And an embittered Peter/Heinrich concocted an elaborate scheme involving Lulu Falconeri, Intrepid Girl Reporter, to trick Faison into murdering the son he never knew existed...because that would totally show him? And now both Nathan and Faison are for-realsies dead and Kevin is carrying the latter's  brain around in a jar while Liz snarks about his dead serial killer brother with her serial killer boyfriend even though Kevin has always been nice to her as far as I recall? Do I have all that right?

Yes...according to these fakakta writers this evidently is the  story they want us to believe?! Huh?!  Seriously, this is the most bullshit retcon yet. Anna & Faison have a child together?? RUFKM? Since when??? Like Obrecht was retcon enough?

It would have had to have been rape & it never played out that way ever back in the day...at all. Until they found these old snippets of Anna & Faison...now they've spun off an entirely ridiculous story from seeing them. One day this show can be gold (relatively speaking of course) the next it is a giant load of crap. Today the crap dumptruck emptied its load all over my screen. Gah!! I hate to see them writing "my" Anna as a battered woman. I remember her being always fearless....

Good post Melgaypet...it is nuts.

• Love 5

It makes me do a double take, heh, when Obrecht gets called Liesl, both on the show and on the board. It's like as if Spinelli were referred to as Damien.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I had to laugh that the pathologist was all geared up with protective clothing and stuff, ready to saw open Faison's head, and Kevin's standing there a foot away wearing a suit and tie.

Kevin running around with the brain in the jar reminded me of The Man With Two Brains. (It has one of my all-time favorite lines of dialogue: "Into the mud, scum queen!")

"You cut the brain out of all of your patients?" "Only the dead ones." "How do you get a four-star Yelp review with that on your desk?" "Dead people don't do the internet?" Hee. I love Kevin.

I'm sorry to bring this up, but dead Faison has an unnerving resemblance to Charles Manson.

I call 100 percent bullshit that Anna and Faison have a child together. No retcon will convince me otherwise.

• Love 20

This frakka show. While the hospital scenes were good for Maxie, Nina, Liesl and Dante, there was a major mistake. That floor should've been packed with cops. A police officer was shot. The whole place should've been crawling with uniforms. And Jordan should've been right there with Maxie. Nobody should've waltzing in and out to see Faison. He should've been under guard.

MS was actually pretty great in my opinion. She isn't usually my favorite actress. Bit her scenes with Nathan and Maxie were very Nina and just lovely and believable.  Liesl's scene with Dante were damn near perfect. She should hold Lulu partially responsible for Nathan's death.

Even Dante seems to quietly again. He may not want to admit it, but he does. Nicely portrayed, Dom!

Maxie should either be ice cold to Lulu or she should be screaming and trying to rip Lulu's face off. I would love for Maxie to bring up her lost loves and her bad luck with love. At least have her mention Coop. Forget Jessie, I can deal with that. But Coop deserves a name drop!

Leave it to Lulu to make this all about herself. Nathan was a naive idiot. How the hell was painting a bullseye on Nathan ever going to keep Maxie and the baby safe? Yeah. Faison knew nothing of Nathan's existence before the article. 

And fuck you writers for this crap. First the retcon of Obrecht being terrified of Faison and he was Nathan's father. Bullshit. Britta's whole daddy issue was about how she wasn't the son he wanted. Now this shit about Anna and Faison? FUCK YOU SHOW.

• Love 4

My viewing habits make me perennially late for the dragging, but yes, it was quite rich when Carly asked Nelle about how crazy someone would have to be to spend a year in a mental institution. A shame the writers didn't make Nelle well versed enough in PC history to retort, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe crazy enough to run around a park stabbing people with a sickle?" 

Also, these repeated scenes of Carly telling Michael he's too forgiving are almost as bad. Yeah, Michael really needs to draw the line somewhere. I can't believe he's going back to Nelle and even marrying her after all those times she's slept with other people, put their child in jeopardy, called Michael every degrading name in the book, gone into rages and thrown glassware at him, and even shot him in the head.  Where does Michael get this "forgiving" nature she finds so puzzling? 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

When was it forgotten exactly? One of the reasons people on this board, where so incensed by the Valeria/Lulu/Dante bullshit story  (aside from Dante's actions being so OOC) was because it was constantly thrown in Lulu's face by holier than thou Valerie and by Dante that their affair was Lulu's fault because she went off with Dillon. Lulu even blamed herself for it.

Good!  I’m glad people remember because Lulu’s repeated pattern of unthinking, impulsive, sometime self-focused behavior is what I’m getting at here. 

In order to create stories involving Lulu, the writers appear to default to exaggerating her impulsive tendencies - and in ways in which Lulu, at least for a part of each story, is often annoying and unlikeable.  I really do wish that they would change this approach!

The current story is the third one in three years where Lulu’s own behavior has been used to either set stories in motion or to exacerbate already difficult situations.  As I’ve said in other posts, she is never the primary author of the story crises; however, she is written in such a way as to both contribute to these crises and to stand out for these sometimes questionable contributions.

Eventually, the writers position her back to being the essentially good person she is.  For example, by having her admit her mistakes in the 2015 story  – mistakes, BTW, which she was not prepared to fully own until after Valerie almost died and until Dante walked away from her.  This time, as well, I am sure she will have an epiphany and realize the truths others have been trying to tell her.  Always after the crisis. 

Re Valerie’s role in the 2015 story, I agree that having the other woman school the wronged wife – making her the writer's truth-teller – was emphatically the wrong thing to do.  In effect, by positioning Valerie this way, they were sacrificing Valerie to continue telling Lulu and Dante’s story.  I can, however, understand your frustration with how those scenes played out. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

And an embittered Peter/Heinrich concocted an elaborate scheme involving Lulu Falconeri, Intrepid Girl Reporter, to trick Faison into murdering the son he never knew existed...because that would totally show him?

Did LWB/FS actually want Nathan dead or was he just using his paternity to lure out Faison?  I can't remember because zzzzzzzzz.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did LWB/FS actually want Nathan dead or was he just using his paternity to lure out Faison?  I can't remember because zzzzzzzzz.

IF he did want Nathan dead, I don't remember seeing any signs of that intention before Nathan's shooting and death.

I suppose the set up is there - using Lulu, then maybe even creating a reason for Maxie to show up at Crimson, knowing Nathan might show up right way and expecting Faison to appear at that exact same time.  And maybe flashbacks will tell us more.  However, for now, I think this specific "plan" - if it were a plan - depended on too many uncontrolled variables to be assured of success.  I have also considered that Peter was wearing the Kevlar vest because he was leaving the offices for his  meeting with the mystery person(s) on the other end of the email communications. 

• Love 1

So why didn't Nelly sell the designer dress back when she couldn't make rent?  You know, right after she gave away a 50 grand engagement ring to charity?  And couldn't Brenduh take a look at the size label and know it wasn't a dress for Carly?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was curious because, if he has a grudge against the other progeny of Faison, LWB/FS might try and go after my beloved Britta.  But maybe she doesn't count in LWB/FS's eyes either because boobs.

We have yet to see if LWB/FS shares the general distaste for girl children. And I will not be at all surprised if LWB/FS decides to resent Britta for her mere existence. She was able to escape growing up with Faison, which is of course all her fault. Ugh.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

We have yet to see if LWB/FS shares the general distaste for girl children. And I will not be at all surprised if LWB/FS decides to resent Britta for her mere existence. She was able to escape growing up with Faison, which is of course all her fault. Ugh.

IIRC, she got the same treatment he got - ignored, shipped off to boarding school, etc.  At least Britt didn't come back chasing after Faison's love...probably because she was busy chasing after Dr. O's love, but still!

Edited by TeeVee329

I didn't get to Wednesday's show until last night, but WOW. Just WOW. Nearly every character had me sobbing (except for Lulu, who should have long, thin knitting needles stuck in her eyes, preferably by Maxie. Or Liesl.) I agree with a previous poster that this was one of the most emotional and well-done death scenes since Dominique. More Kleenex, please!

On another front entirely, I would love it if this was Ryan Chamberlain, back from the dead...

SCENE: Freako leaves Kevin/Ryan's office. Ryan puts down sandwich and stares at cookie jar. He then says, very slowly, "MUST...EAT...BRAINS." Fade out on Kevin/Ryan removing the top of the cookie jar.

SUBSEQUENT SCENE: Freako enters Kevin/Ryan's office. Sees empty cookie jar and Kevin/Ryan wiping his mouth with a linen napkin. Freako points to the jar and stammers, "Uh, where's the brain, dude?" Kevin/Ryan smiles, then leaps upon Freako. Pan to a black jar labeled "Do Not Use -- Abnormal" and fade out.

SUBSEQUENT SCENE: Freako is wandering the docks, arms stretched straight out and humming "Puttin' on the Ritz." Flash to Kevin/Ryan sitting behind his desk, delicately burping while using that same linen napkin to wipe off the fresh brains removed from Franco. He smiles and says wistfully, "You know, some fava beans would have been nice." Fade to black.

• Love 2

I was getting annoyed that the show was expecting us to believe that Mac and Felicia left their grieving daughter with fuckin' Nina of all people, but at least they looped around to mention they had been there and that they were all taking shifts basically.

Sans Dillon, Kiki is starting to bug again.  I don't understand why she's so pro-Corinthii re: Avery.

• Love 6

The Corinthii really make this show toxic. Who thought that Sonny and Carly keeping Avery away from the mother who loves her is something I want to watch?  To see Kiki apologizing and grovelling to Michael for running into Avery's mother.  Who the hell cares about Mike and Carly's hysteria?

I want Ava and Nelle to team up and be allowed to match Carly and Sonny. 

The people mourning Nathan, Maxie, Nina, Liesl, Dante, have all been knocking show out of the part. And then they cut to Sonny and it's in the gutter again.

Speaking of gutter, Jason.  Way to cut Drew out of the loop that is the answer to his life.  And boo on Sam for agreeing with it..

If it were Jason instead of Drew, there is no way he would take off with Sam and the kids instead of being in the middle of the action. Hypocrite.

And shut up Kiki about your stupid MCAT.  That's not even one of the two most most important determining factors.

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

My viewing habits make me perennially late for the dragging, but yes, it was quite rich when Carly asked Nelle about how crazy someone would have to be to spend a year in a mental institution. A shame the writers didn't make Nelle well versed enough in PC history to retort, "Oh, I don't know. Maybe crazy enough to run around a park stabbing people with a sickle?"

It's ridiculous disgusting given her rabid defense of St. Morgan and Holy Sonny of the bipolar disorder.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe to preserve her access to Avery? Sonny and Carly are assholish enough to ban Lauren from seeing her sister.

But even when they were alone, didn't Kiki say something about Sonny/Carly being in the right about keeping Avery away?  Which parent is currently an active mobster again, Keeks?

• Love 6

Why is the Kelly's server so pissy with Ava? Knocking over the cup was clearly an accident. (Though Ava snapping her fingers and calling "Miss!" is worth a snit fit. Ava, show some consideration!)

12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But even when they were alone, didn't Kiki say something about Sonny/Carly being in the right about keeping Avery away?  Which parent is currently an active mobster again, Keeks?

Lauren always runs hot and cold about Ava. Their relationship is a mess, unsurprisingly.

I am SO BORED with the Heinrich story. We still don't know why Jason in particular was chose for the memory switch.

Nelle, how about you fight fire with fire and start digging up dirt on Carly? It's ridiculous Nelle just sits there and takes it. So dumb. And maybe talk to Michael? Get ahead of this stuff, you nitwit.

I like that Nina was allowed to say she lost Nathan, too. Maxie isn't the only one who's affected by Nathan's death, and I'm glad the show is not only remembering that but having Maxie realize it. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Kiki has Stockholm Syndrome about the Corrinthii.

That was a lovely moment with RP at the end.  Unexpected and sweet.

That was a lovely moment.  The whole series of scenes with Nina and Maxie played beautifully - hitting very realistic beats in situations like this.  I hope the funeral is handled as well.  

• Love 6

LOL that there's a Port Charles Funeral Parlor and a Port Charles Funeral Home. Way to be creative, Show.

Just now, Aurora2 said:
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That was a lovely moment with RP at the end.  Unexpected and sweet.

That was a lovely moment.  The whole series of scenes with Nina and Maxie played beautifully - hitting very realistic beats in situations like this. 

They were really nice. And MSt isn't going big, which is a relief.

• Love 6

Why does Kiki look legitimately fearful of Ava when Avery's around? Ava's certainly not without fault but she's not going to harm Avery, I think Kiki could relax enough for a quick hug in the middle of Kelly's.

Carly's voice got especially shrill today as she ranted at Jason about fighting for Sam. I've yet to hear her give compelling evidence for Sam "doing the wrong thing for the right reasons" other than that's the belief that fits best with Carly's personal opinion, and yet she still won't shut the hell up about it.

I'm not getting the purpose of reintroducing Mike and his gambling addiction unless it's to meet the quota for Sonny's Personal Pain, and the show has finally realized the Morgan well has dried up so they better tap a new source.

Nina and Maxie's grief hit me especially hard today because it felt so real. They've suffered an enormous loss but they have no choice but to absorb the blow and keep moving forward. Life doesn't stop and allow for mourning, they'll have to balance their pain through the small tasks like taking vitamins and the big tasks like funeral planning. Seeing them lean on each for support while Nathan kissed them goodbye was an especially poignant way to close the chapter of Nathan's life.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't understand why she's so pro-Corinthii re: Avery.

Kiki is the Show Ingenue, and the show ingenue can't be too much at odds with Sonny and Carly.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I have a gut feeling that Snarly is going to sue for custody of Nelle's baby the minute it is born.

Taking other people's kids is their hobby.  And Carly would probably ban Monica from seeing the baby too because she is exactly that type.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Carly would probably ban Monica from seeing the baby too because she is exactly that type of bitch.

I think Carly would grandly allow Monica access because that way Carly can feel smug that she can grant such favors. Ugh.

• Love 1

Carly: All of us just waiting around for Sam to admit [that she loves Jason] hurts all of us.

What?

KSt looked pretty with her hair pulled back.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly: All of us just waiting around waiting for Sam to admit [that she loves Jason] hurts all of us.

Say what?

That was quite the record scratch. The only person waiting is Carly. I don't get her investment in this. Doesn't Jason being unattached mean she can smother him even more than she normally does? She can demand his full attention. I wish Jason would ask Carly why she cares so much. It's none of her business.

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, Linny said:

Why does Kiki look legitimately fearful of Ava when Avery's around? Ava's certainly not without fault but she's not going to harm Avery, I think Kiki could relax enough for a quick hug in the middle of Kelly's.

Carly's voice got especially shrill today as she ranted at Jason about fighting for Sam. I've yet to hear her give compelling evidence for Sam "doing the wrong thing for the right reasons" other than that's the belief that fits best with Carly's personal opinion, and yet she still won't shut the hell up about it.

I'm not getting the purpose of reintroducing Mike and his gambling addiction unless it's to meet the quota for Sonny's Personal Pain, and the show has finally realized the Morgan well has dried up so they better tap a new source.

Nina and Maxie's grief hit me especially hard today because it felt so real. They've suffered an enormous loss but they have no choice but to absorb the blow and keep moving forward. Life doesn't stop and allow for mourning, they'll have to balance their pain through the small tasks like taking vitamins and the big tasks like funeral planning. Seeing them lean on each for support while Nathan kissed them goodbye was an especially poignant way to close the chapter of Nathan's life.

Heartbreakingly real.  Kudos to the writers and actors for their work in the past few days  on this specific story.  I hope the funeral is as well-written and well-acted. 

I barely want to talk about the other stories shown today - between the noise and the excessive repetition of dialogue and tone, the Maxie/Nina scenes became the only ones which really interested me. 

As for reintroducing Mike, doncha know that Sonny needs a story!   Eyeroll.  After all, Carly is all caught up interfering in other characters' lives, so he needs something else to do.  

• Love 6

You have to think like Carly, FBI profiler style. 

Jason unattached, sadly pining for Sam, but available for Carly's smothering? Good.

Jason back with Sam, happy, giving Carly partial credit for his happiness because she "never gave up" even when Jason himself had done so, and still willing to drop anything involving Sam in order to serve Carly (and Sonny)? Better, and best of all possible.  

Plus, if Jason and Sam ultimately move on, Jason will surely find some other woman. Carly is quite aware of her own statistics with regard to hating Jason's love interests. The odds of there being another SWSNBN out there are low. If he gets back with Sam, she won't have to break a new one in.

• Love 12

KG is a fine actress, but in regards to Obrecht I feel the same way I'd feel about watching Helena being upset if a manservant of hers got killed. I kind of wish that had happened.

"Uh, Helena, why are you crying?"

"He was my favorite masseuse!"

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Linny said:

She's terrified someone will tell Sonny that she let Ava be within 10 feet of Avery and will bar her from her sister's life, too.   Good thing Sonny "loves his children first and foremost" or I'd think this was horribly manipple-ative and cruel behavior...

• Love 5

When Nina was searching for Maxie's prenatal vitamins, I remembered how far she has come, emotionally, from stealing a baby to supporting her sister in law who's pregnant. Way to go, Nina! Being supportive to Maxie, Nina may get to enjoy her new niece or nephew by babysitting, etc.

• Love 1