Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I have a request for Maurice Bernard...please stop being so lazy and learn your lines.  We are all tired of you stuttering your lines because you are reading them off of notes you leave all around the set.  That is not just laze it's really pathetic.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

"Be careful, he had a serial killer brother", Liz warns AN ACTUAL SERIAL KILLER SHE'S LET INTO HER HOME.  Ugh. 

From the read of this, I'm worried Kevin's going under the bus for Franco too.  They've also been mentioning Ryan A LOT lately, which has me concerned, although could be fun for Jon Lindstrom.

That would be a fun/good/potentially interesting story but it would also be completely unbelievable to not have Genie/Laura be around for it, for the possibility that she has actually fallen in love with and married her husband's psychotic twin brother.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Anna is Peter/Heinrick's mother. Shocking.

Wait. Whaaaaaat????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

No!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

No way do I want that petulant, whiny, wussy manboy to have ANY of Anna's DNA!!!!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wait. Whaaaaaat????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????

No!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

No way do I want that petulant, whiny, wussy manboy to have ANY of Anna's DNA!!!!

Yup.  She admitted it to Faison's dead body today.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

That would be a fun/good/potentially interesting story but it would also be completely unbelievable to not have Genie/Laura be around for it, for the possibility that she has actually fallen in love with and married her husband's psychotic twin brother.

I actually pictured a scenario where we eventually find out that Kevin accompanied Laura to Europe and Ryan stepped in and took his place.

I also don't know how you could tell the story, especially with Scotty mixed in, without Lucy.  Felicia would also need to be involved, given Ryan's obsession with her.

• Love 3
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

So LWB/FS is Anna's kid?  Ewwwwwww.

And...

giphy.gif

I need to go back and read up on history, because I SWEAR, I thought Faison was only obsessed with Anna and that the never...UGH...I can't even type it out. So is this spawn Robin's younger brother or older? Oh YUCK!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Love 5

Yep.  Their going to turn themselves into a pretzel trying to retcon this.  I will NEVER believe that Anna wouldn't have aborted that baby the instant she knew she was pregant.  And what, she gave birth, gave up the baby, who then ended up somehow with Faison, to be raised by him?  Yeah, bite me show.  

• Love 15

It's a shame that after several days of legitimately good and emotional episodes we've now returned to standard operating procedure of mediocrity. Knowing that this show is capable of greatness makes it all the harder to revert back to tired themes like Carly's infallible hypocrisy and Franco blathering about himself through a mouthful of food. I did laugh at Kevin happily eating while the brain set on his desk, but overall this episode was a letdown.

I'm not going to question the where/when/how of Anna's pregnancy with Faison's child because time is never treated as a linear concept on GH, so I'm just going to roll with it. I actually think Anna having Faison's child is a smart way of maintaining her connection to him now that he's dead, and I'm curious how she's going to reconcile her desire to protect Henrik in the face of all his reprehensible actions.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I actually pictured a scenario where we eventually find out that Kevin accompanied Laura to Europe and Ryan stepped in and took his place.

I also don't know how you could tell the story, especially with Scotty mixed in, without Lucy.  Felicia would also need to be involved, given Ryan's obsession with her.

That works for me. It doesn't ruin Kevin/Laura, which is honestly all I care about these days. Unless Ryan-as-Kevin starts to hurt Lulu, Rocco, Charlotte...

6 minutes ago, Linny said:

a smart way of maintaining her connection to him now that he's dead

Does she need a connection to Faison now that he's dead??  Plus, it will just be Peter/Heinrick angry at her for leaving him and forcing him to grow uup with Faison.  No thank you.  

Plus if Robin was going to get a brother, it should have been Griffin.  

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Does she need a connection to Faison now that he's dead??  Plus, it will just be Peter/Heinrick angry at her for leaving him and forcing him to grow uup with Faison.  No thank you.  

Or Ethan who should have been Robert's instead of Luke's

Edited by LillyB
  • Love 12

Longtime lurker but I just need to post how sickened I am that the show went with Anna's having had sex with Faison.  I remember when the character first appeared and Anna and Robert had the discussion specifically stating that Faison was obsessed with Anna because he could never have her because she was in love with Robert.  Now is the show retconning that Anna had sex with him when she first became the double agent for the DVX, before she was married to Robert?  Because by then she was secretly married to Robert and was pregnant with Robin.  I am pretty upset by this revisionist history.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

Interestingly, Anna did not say Heinrich/Henrik was her son.  She said she had had Faison's child.  Maybe there's another Faison kid out there somewhere? 

Also, I'm seriously miffed that we didn't actually see Faison die.  After all these years, he just dies in the hospital after surgery?  Lame.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

RoHo doing scenes while eating is stupid and gross. Please stop !

Not only that but when he showed up at the hospital he actually shoved a piece of orange in Liz' mouth, while she was talking.  

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Perkie said:

From a dramatic point of view, I think it does make sense. Her whole life has been tangled around Faison, and now that story can continue and evolve through their child. There's so much history between Anna and Faison that I understand why the show would continue to mine their relationship even after his death.

Edited by Linny
Clarity
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Also, I'm seriously miffed that we didn't actually see Faison die.  After all these years, he just dies in the hospital after surgery?  Lame.

No, Peter killed him. I think. Because I refuse to believe that the refusal of Peter to give Faison back the button to ask for the nurse caused him to die.

1 minute ago, Linny said:

There's so much history between Anna and Faison that I understand why the show would continue to mine their relationship even after his death.

True, but I want Anna to finally be FREE from that monster. Not to have any kind of link or connection to him after his death.

• Love 1

So Faison never wondered who his baby mama was? Did Heinrick just show up at his doorstep one morning. 

Also, Faison gets autopsied, his chest is closed up, he is de-brained. Did they take that brain out from his nose, or something? No stitching around the head that was opened. That's some kind of Mrs. Pomfrey magic there.

This soap, man. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have a request for Maurice Bernard...please stop being so lazy and learn your lines.

He wasn't the only one. I felt most of the people today needed a bucket of cold water dumped on them.

Scott was one of the exceptions. Is that really a conversation they wanted to have that loudly in the middle of the diner?

I see Franco's hair is going to be like this for a couple of episodes, huh.

I don't know, maybe Alex is still Heinrich's mother. They did just do a whole plot point about messing with people's memories, after all.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Yep.  Their going to turn themselves into a pretzel trying to retcon this.  I will NEVER believe that Anna wouldn't have aborted that baby the instant she knew she was pregant.  And what, she gave birth, gave up the baby, who then ended up somehow with Faison, to be raised by him?  Yeah, bite me show.  

Maybe she didn't know until recently that Faison somehow got in contact with him?

It's really weird to me that Kevin is getting a bunch of stuff post GF. Is it a "look, not our fault GF didn't want to take recurring, we're giving her colleague a lot of material" thing?

I feel like Anna should have been interacting more with yesterday's crowd. Instead they jump straight to her and Sonny pointlessly trying to one up each other. why do they even bother at this point?

It was nice Dante called Michael to tell him how much he meant to him. Would have been nicer to see that scene though.

What does Carly want Michael to do exactly? Send Nelle away? And yeah, she sounds ridiculous saying how crazy do you have to be to spend a year in an institution. So I guess however long she and Morgan stayed is the acceptable limit.

Hmm, Kiki and Michael tomorrow.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe she didn't know until recently that Faison somehow got in contact with him?

But when this nonsense started, they said he raised him.  That Faison wasn't happy having the kid, so he sent him to a bunch of boarding schools but that the kid kept trying to impress dear old dad.  So they had to have been in each other's lives the entire time.  

• Love 2

Gawd, just kill Nelle already. I really regret being somewhat happy to hear that CL got a regular gig out of the young Patricia role. Boy was I wrong.

Sorry, Joss, but I will never not love Brenda being a brat to Carly.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

aven't watched - what happened with Brenda and Carly?

Carly ordered a fancy schmancy Cartullo dress for Joss for the dance.  they received a hideous looking dress with a note from Brenda saying she had picked it out especially for Carly.  

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But when this nonsense started, they said he raised him.  That Faison wasn't happy having the kid, so he sent him to a bunch of boarding schools but that the kid kept trying to impress dear old dad.  So they had to have been in each other's lives the entire time.  

And didn't Liesl say that all Faison ever wanted was to have Anna's kid?

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Maybe they'll retcon it. Some more.

27 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Carly ordered a fancy schmancy Cartullo dress for Joss for the dance.  they received a hideous looking dress with a note from Brenda saying she had picked it out especially for Carly.  

Did she know it was for Joss?

1 hour ago, Linny said:

I actually think Anna having Faison's child is a smart way of maintaining her connection to him now that he's dead, and I'm curious how she's going to reconcile her desire to protect Henrik in the face of all his reprehensible actions.

What has he actually done so far though? Kept Jason captive instead of killing him, helped lure Faison to town. If they want to keep him around they can write Anna getting through to him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I think its a totally viable twist to have Peter and Anna tied together, and FH can absolutely handle the conflicted feelings dealing with Peter/Henrick/whatever is going to bring up. I am looking forward to more plot twists before they start interacting, and even more to how their relationship develops once they know about each other. 

Also, Nelle NEEDS to triumph over Carly and her hypocritical, totally blind and insulting shittyness. 

• Love 1

When Liesl told Anna that Faison had another son, Anna seemed genuinely surprised.  You'd think she would have known if Henrik was hers.

It surpasses all logic that Anna would have a child and give him to Faison to raise. Does. Not. Compute.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Because Sonny didn't force him to do anything.

Technically he didn't force him.

But he took a brain damaged young man, encouraged his separation from his family and turned him into a killing machine.  It's like the way Rottweilers and pit bulls, who make great service dogs, are turned into killers.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Maybe they'll retcon it. Some more.

Well sure, because that's what the story needs!

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, that bugged me.  I get that Carly and Brenda have hated each other forever, but would Brenda do this to Jax' daughter?  

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, Linny said:

n the face of all his reprehensible actions.

What has he actually done so far though?

He was the one who hired Klein and his goons to keep Jason unconscious and then had them chase him back to PC.  Though I totally can't picture wimpy Peter as the big bad that Klien was so terrified of.  

16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think so. I figured that Carly ordered the dress in her name/with her card. So Brenda subbed another dress. 

How Carly could not know that Brenda worked for Cartullo and was the firm's (world's tiniest) "supermodel," though, is hard to believe. Heck, as soon as I heard Joss say the name when they first talked about ordering the dress, I remembered it was associated with Brenda and I imagine most GH watchers did, too. Having Carly "not know" was just laziness on the writing end. She or Joss should have acknowledged the Brenda connection right away. I'm sure Joss has to know something about Brenda, considering how much time she's spent offscreen with Jax.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

RoHo is never going to stop pulling out his disgusting Todd Manning eating tricks, what a lazy actor.

Elizabeth looked lovely and it's a shame that she's stuck with Franco/RoHo.  Gross.

There is no way in hell that I want to see LW's boyfriend become Anna's son on this show.  

Jason, you brain damaged ass hole.  Sam would never be cruel?!  WTF?!  The more this show tries to pretend that Sam did not want baby Jake dead and gone is why I will forever hate her marrying con ass.   I have not forgotten that Sam kicked Ethan in the back, kept Jax's from saying goodbye to his father and a slew of nasty shit.  

Jason should have told Drew to return ALL of his assets, except for Sam and get the fuck out of his face.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

A good example of Lulu's choices setting events in motions, but then being forgotten or excused because others did greater wrongs.  I did not forget.

When was it forgotten exactly? One of the reasons people on this board, where so incensed by the Valeria/Lulu/Dante bullshit story  (aside from Dante's actions being so OOC) was because it was constantly thrown in Lulu's face by holier than thou Valerie and by Dante that their affair was Lulu's fault because she went off with Dillon. Lulu even blamed herself for it.

2 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Also, does the show not remember that Carly spent time in a mental institution (SJB-Carly after shooting Tony, and JB-Carly after her marriage to Alcazar-- in fact current Carly debuted as she was en route to Port Charles after her stay at the mental hospital. So why is she so judgey about Nell's hospital stay.

It wouldn't be an episode with Carly in it if she weren't acting like a raging hypocrite. It was definitely my first thought when Carly kept asking Michael if Nelle being in a mental institution didn't concern him. I, honestly, thought for a second that Michael would bring it up. I hate Nelle, but it's ridiculous that Carly somehow thinks it's okay she's been institutionalized, and that Morgan was, but since Nelle was it means she must still be crazy.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not sure how he's a whiny, manbaby because he complained in one scene to his psycho father that he was kind of upset that his father was an emotionally abusive asshole. It's not like he didn't do something about it. He actually managed a plan to lure Faison to PC that led to his death. That's more than Anna's been able to do. At least he's a whiny person who gets results.

22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What has he actually done so far though? Kept Jason captive instead of killing him, helped lure Faison to town. If they want to keep him around they can write Anna getting through to him.

Well, not killing Jason is pretty reprehensible IMO but agree with your overall point. He's not really done anything too horrible, except maybe being a little too gleeful with Faison over Nathan's death. Then again, I'm pretty gleeful over Nathan's death so maybe I shouldn't throw stones. 

22 minutes ago, CompltelySweet said:

I think its a totally viable twist to have Peter and Anna tied together, and FH can absolutely handle the conflicted feelings dealing with Peter/Henrick/whatever is going to bring up. I am looking forward to more plot twists before they start interacting, and even more to how their relationship develops once they know about each other. 

I'm a little torn on this twist. I think it'll be neat to see FH as his mother. She played his grandmother on Charmed and now she'll be playing his mother. But, this does feel like a pretty big retcon even though I don't know every detail about Faison and Anna's past. And it doesn't seem to make sense (GH mantra) that Anna probably gave this kid up for adoption and somehow Faison got hold of him knowing it was his kid, but not knowing it was Anna's?

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It was nice Dante called Michael to tell him how much he meant to him. Would have been nicer to see that scene though.

I agree. I liked that they played that beat. I was surprised since it seems a lot of times they forget Michael and Dante are related and they don't seem great at playing those kinds of family connections anymore. But it would have been better to actually see that scene.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 5

It made me laugh, but the props department gets an F for expecting us to believe that the four pounds of ground beef Kevin was carrying around in a cookie jar was a brain and also that it somehow fit inside Faison's wee little coconut-sized head.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

The more this show tries to pretend that Sam did not want baby Jake dead and gone is why I will forever hate her marrying con ass.

Sam did not want Jake dead and gone. Hate her all you want, but that's not what happened. 

14 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Jason should have told Drew to return ALL of his assets, except for Sam and get the fuck out of his face.

Oh, you know pure as the driven snow martyr Jason wouldn't have done that. And Sam and Drew plan on paying Jason back for all of his ill-gotten assets. 

• Love 3

Another thing...Faison was researching a SEAL team and just happened to see Jason’s face? First, why was he looking at a SEAL team? And more importantly how did he even see photos of the members? AFAIK the Navy doesn’t  exactly advertise members of those teams. Or even release their names.

but it will never not be funny to hear Jason say that he’s brain damaged.

• Love 7

Um, did Kevin suck Faison's brain out through his neck or something? Da fuck?  

Say what you want about Franco, but RH was looking good today, and he can be comedy gold with Scotty and Kevin. 

PS. Did I miss an episode where Brenda became some evil witch who would want to hurt a teenager. I think not. 

• Love 2

How Carly could not know that Brenda worked for Cartullo and was the firm's (world's tiniest) "supermodel," though, is hard to believe.

Um, ACTUALLY Brenda is the world’s second-most tiniest “supermodel,” Erica Kane has held the title and the championship since the ‘80s! ?

• Love 8
On 2/1/2018 at 5:58 PM, fishcakes said:

It made me laugh, but the props department gets an F for expecting us to believe that the four pounds of ground beef Kevin was carrying around in a cookie jar was a brain and also that it somehow fit inside Faison's wee little coconut-sized head.

Maybe someone told them it was supposed to be intestines, heh.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:48 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Well, not killing Jason is pretty reprehensible IMO but agree with your overall point. He's not really done anything too horrible, except maybe being a little too gleeful with Faison over Nathan's death.

Yeah, but even that they could say he was just saying it to stick it to Faison.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Um, did Kevin suck Faison's brain out through his neck or something? Da fuck?  

I thought I'd read somewhere that the Egyptians removed the brains of those they mummified by bringing them out via the nose. The Egyptians removed the brain before mummifying because they apparently felt it would not be needed in the afterlife, since they regarded the heart as the seat of emotions, feelings. etc.

Wikipedia explains the two methods:

"In the first, which we see lots of, the brain is removed through a hole made by inserting a metal rod up the nose and breaking through to the braincase. In the second, for which we only have unconfirmed anecdotal evidence, the brain is removed by making an incision in the back of the neck and removing it through the hole in the base of the skull where the spinal cord exits the skull." In the first method, the brain was broken up and flushed out through the nostrils with wine or water.

The brain we saw in the cooky jar look whole and undisturbed, not broken up. However, I have been to a funeral of a person who died of a brain tumor and was autopsied, and no evidence of disturbance was visible on her body (face and head).

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1