Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Thanks for the reminder, Bringonthedrama.  I had, indeed, forgotten that, but I readily admit I've forgotten far more about this show over the years than I've remembered!  And I don't disagree that Alexis would ascribe herself special status in Ned's eyes, as she does seem to have that kind of ego.  But I still think that she's wise to Ned's/Olivia's scheme and is playing along for the time being.

When Ned returned to PC - because of AJ's death, I think? - he asked her to have dinner with him, she said he was good for her ego, and told him she was seeing Julian. I don't think she's beyond a shadow of a doubt convinced about Ned and Olivia's story at the moment, but she thinks they could definitely be telling the truth because of Ned's history with the women in his life, Ned told her that Olivia had feelings for him but he chose her, and she's such a super special snowflake in Ned's life that she has a hard time believing he'd lie about a baby. 

Just because Sam showed Carly some empathy doesn't mean there's a friendship brewing. Carly doesn't have any friendships with women. 

Except SWMNBN because awful attracts awful.

Sabrina marrying Michael and becoming a Quartermaine would make my soul weep.  As would, come to think of it, Kiki.  Can't Michael get a love interest who isn't fifty shades of awful?

Still riding my Michael/Sam train…

I don't think many audience members would have a problem with Michael/Sabrina because of race. Sonny gets non-Hispanic love interests all the time without racially charged comments. The comments about Sabrina rolling her Rs usually pertain to her doing it seemingly at random.

• Love 3

Sabrina marrying Michael and becoming a Quartermaine would make my soul weep.  As would, come to think of it, Kiki.  Can't Michael get a love interest who isn't fifty shades of awful? 

I feel like CD's blandness makes them hand him bland love interests.

But who knows, maybe nuKiki will be good.

I actually want Sonny and Nathan to be roommates above Kelly's, with Sonny suggesting they jog together and make it a contest, and Nathan trying to find ways to get out of it. "I feel deeply uncomfortable with that Mr Corinthos [looks to the side]".

• Love 4

I feel like CD's blandness makes them hand him bland love interests.

When they should be doing the opposite.  Michael needs someone spunky and sparky to play off of.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I'm leaning towards the opinion that Michael would just suck any spunkiness out, but since they haven't actually tried him with anyone like that (except Rosalie, and I wouldn't call her spunky or sparky, just sarcastic. That would be like calling Daria Morgendorffer spunky, imo), I'm generously willing to concede I could be wrong. :)

The comments about Sabrina rolling her Rs usually pertain to her doing it seemingly at random.

Remember when Luis and then Lorenzo only rolled their r's when saying "Corinthos"?

I'm Latino and I don't think people commenting on Sabrina randomly rolling her r's is racist in the least. And i haven't seen any on attacking her for being Latina and or being from Pu-where-toe-RRRR-eee-co.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5
So if Hells is being confined to Cassadine Island (like that's really going to happen), isn't Robin free to come home now?  Or is she a prisoner of Jerry Jax's again. I know KMC ain't coming back anytime soon but they can at least acknowledge Robin's whereabouts off-screen SMH

The answer to this is one of the biggest reasons why Nik is an idiot thinking this somehow works - Helena has minions.  Lots and lots of minions.  All of her work can carry on while she kicks back on the island (where she, of course, has minions as well, who will enable her coming and going as she pleases, while Nik remains informed that she's being held).  Seriously, this is Nik's solution?  He is such an idiot.  

• Love 3

I saw it the same way.  When Sloan grabbed her hand, he was angry which is why Duke broke in..  After he left Duke tried to flirt and Anna shut him down.  

Plus it would put a monkey wrench in the budding Carly/Sam friendship.  If Sam takes Michael's side over Carly when Carly just spend eleventy hours crying on Sam's shoulder about how mean Michael is and how much a great father Sonny is.  

What drives me the craziest is that every time someone says Sonny is the best father who loves his kids so very very much, no ones counter argument is that 'sure but he killed Michael's father'.  I know no one wants to remind the audience that that's a bad thing because Sean Kanan had the audacity to speak out, but still.  Michael is the only one who reminds us of that fact, and it's being played more as a reason to be on Sonny's side rather than against him.  

I'd be shocked if AJ's murder at Sonny's hands is even mentioned at the custody trial. It should be, but this is Ron's world.

See it would be a good old fashioned soap story, if Michael and Sabrina fell in love but he married Kiki anyway to bolster his case for Avery. He could then "pull and Alan" and move Sabrina into the Gate House or across the lake like Alan did with Susan. Then eventually we get the "who killed Sabrina/Kiki story line" and real soap mystery, not Connie writing AJ in blood but a real whodunit, solved by Nathan and Dante, you know the COPS.

Yeah it will never happen

Sabrina is no Susan Moore, but this show likes to keep things dull, so maybe...

• Love 2

I can - Knowing the lengths Jason went to protect Michael (however misguided those efforts were) and what I think was actual love Jason had for Michael, combined with Sam's love of Jason and her increasing distaste for Sonny, I would be surprised if she was anything but a Michael supporter.

If, and that's a HUGE if, they stay in character for Sam on this one, she will absolutely put Michael first and support him.   She has been a huge figure in his life for most of his life, and when he was little, when Sonny and Carly fell apart (often) it was always Sam and Jason that watched over Michael. 

Her relationship with Sonny is....basically just cordial at this point.  They still have moments of "friendship" when they discuss Jason, and I don't think Sam would go out of her way to bad mouth Sonny, but I also don't think she would go out on a limb for the man either.  Michael is her family, Sonny.....not so much.

Which is why it is frustrating that we only got that ONE scene with them at Thanksgiving discussing the whole ordeal.  Sam may be a lot of things, but she usually listens well and gives decent advice.

• Love 5

I'd be shocked if AJ's murder at Sonny's hands is even mentioned at the custody trial. It should be, but this is Ron's world.

And you'd think it would be the center point of the whole thing. I also want to see Michael point out the parallel between then and now.  Sonny stole Michael from AJ by torturing him while holding him captive.  Sonny held Ava captive, continually threatening to kill her as soon as Avery was born.  

If they want to Fan February me, then bring Lexi Ainsworth back for a surprise 2 day or so return where Kristina gets on the stand as one of Michael's star witnesses. 

• Love 4

@Turtle, I actually did have all my hair lol! They were able to go in through the nose so there was no cutting involved.

Re: Sloane and Anna, I most definitely saw a sparkle in his eyes when they were talking, and she was eating his lunch. Don't know that it was romantic but he was clearly enjoying the sparring. I still like Grayson and think he can be very charismatic. But he probably won't get the opprtunity to show any of that in this role, which is a shame.

• Love 2
If they want to Fan February me, then bring Lexi Ainsworth back for a surprise 2 day or so return where Kristina gets on the stand as one of Michael's star witnesses.

Hell, I'll take some rando as Kristina. If they can recast Kevin Collins for a day they can recast Kristina for a day or two. She should be there to testify.

Her relationship with Sonny is....basically just cordial at this point.  They still have moments of "friendship" when they discuss Jason, and I don't think Sam would go out of her way to bad mouth Sonny, but I also don't think she would go out on a limb for the man either.  Michael is her family, Sonny.....not so much.

People are apathetic to Sonny until they aren't. That's the way it works on GH, unfortunately.

• Love 1
Except SWMNBN because awful attracts awful.

Carly was in no way threatened by SWSNBN, even if SW... was with Jason. 

Carly got in the best unintentional shade when she eulogized SW... as someone who could look at a snow globe for hours.

• Love 4

They were able to go in through the nose so there was no cutting involved.

So obviously the surgical nurse/anesthesiologist put on a band-aid on your left elbow and sent you on your way?

• Love 7

Did I miss an episode?  What happened to Rosalie?  Not that I care much.

We haven't seen her since Michael hired her as his assistant and we found out she's working for Helena. I'm sure this plot point will be resolved in six months when we next see her.

• Love 1

Sabrina would get a good bit out of marrying Micheal....). She gets her fairy princess wedding as I'm sure Micheal will have a beautiful wedding, not invite Carly/Sonny on purpose (point Micheal ).

It could be UCG too. First Carly would offer the Metrocourt as the wedding venue so she could control all the details and have an excuse to be at the wedding to "supervise" and make it the center of her existence. Throughout the planning, Carly would be passive-aggressive to Sabrina and all her wedding decisions (because Carly would want always to be her son's "best girl"). (For example, Carly would find nothing wrong with "S&M" napkins at the reception.) Various guests would take the opportunity upon receiving their invitations to lecture Michael about not forgiving Sonny and not inviting him to the wedding. Carly would sneak Sonny in the back way so she and Sonny could hold hands proudly as "our son" took his wedding vows. As he was saying his vows and putting the ring on Sabrina's finger, Michael would see Sonny and stop the ceremony for an ugly confrontation, embarrassing Sabrina and jeopardizing it.

Carly would step in, defending Sonny while Sonny hung his head like a hurt puppy. The Governor of New York, whom Carly would have invited basing the invitation on Sonny's heroic rescue and subsequent pardon (since Sonny is "the groom's father") would step up to echo and support Carly's lecture.The press would start taking pictures of Sonny, the Gov, the wedding couple, etc, blinding them with camera flashes, especially when Michael grabs Sonny by the lapels and shakes him. The Governor's security detail starts grabbing and swinging, and the wedding turns into a free-for-all, complete with a collapsed wedding cake, and the wedding rings are lost during the melee.

[intermittently, the wedding scenes would be interrupted with scenes of Fluke/Luke/Puke/Gluke pounding the bars of his jail cell and shouting "Guards! Tracy! Help meeeeeeeee!!!] and scenery chewing.]

Michael and Sabrina finally finish getting married in hospital-issued paper gowns with disapproving Dr. O'Brecht and Carly as the only "guests".  

Sabrina cries because her perfect wedding was ruined, but Michael promises her a honeymoon in Sonny's vacation house in Puerto Rico (Sonny's wedding gift).

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

We haven't seen her since Michael hired her as his assistant and we found out she's working for Helena. I'm sure this plot point will be resolved in six months when we next see her.

Calling it now! She's Pat Spencer's kid. How else did Helena learn which buttons to press? And yes, we will have flashbacks. Yawn.

• Love 2

Calling it now! She's Pat Spencer's kid. How else did Helena learn which buttons to press? And yes, we will have flashbacks. Yawn.

Possible but I think Pat's older than Luke and the original secret with Rosalie was about her father.

• Love 1

I will never feel sorry for that murdering bitch Ava just like I will never feel sorry for her soulmate Sonny. The two of them are two peas in a pod and they are both unwatchable bitches.

If Michael teamed up with Kiki (one wants revenge, one cares about what happens to the baby), I'll be completely Team Michael.

Neither Sonny or that murdering bitch Ava deserve to lay a hand on that helpless innocent baby.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 5

You think opportunistic Ava wouldn't stop her kid from being adopted by Michael and Sabrina Quartermaine, knowing she can easily manipulate visitation and better council from them?

I dunno.  Ava's opportunism seems to go into abeyance where Avery is concerned.

• Love 1
will never feel sorry for that murdering bitch Ava

Hate the character but enjoy watching the actress.  She was much more pleasurable to watch before they sullied her with Sonny.  It'll be interesting to see how the nuKiki and her hit it off.  After watching a couple of her first episodes, I was really hoping that she was coming to the show to replace Carly - but alas. 

• Love 2

I enjoy Ava.  I wish she wasn't a mobster but I do like her bad-ass-ness and wit.   I could get behind Ava as a businesswoman and Julian as a plastic surgeon.  I'd like a lot less mobsters on the show and less children love stories.  And much much less scenery chewing by Luke, Nina, and Franco.

• Love 6

I enjoy Ava.  I wish she wasn't a mobster but I do like her bad-ass-ness and wit.   I could get behind Ava as a businesswoman and Julian as a plastic surgeon.  I'd like a lot less mobsters on the show and less children love stories.  And much much less scenery chewing by Luke, Nina, and Franco.

I like Ava, too.  I think she would be great as a real gallery owner of a real art gallery, not a mob front.  When Morgan and Ava were hot and heavy way back when, I always thought that she seemed to want a legitimate life and she managed to get under Sonny's protection in part to make that happen.  That was how it went in the show in my head anyway.  

In the custody battle of Quartermaine vs. Corinthos, I wonder if Sam will stay neutral or support Michael. After all after Jason "died", I don't think that Sonny was supportive of Sam, especially during the Danny cancer thing. I don't remember Sonny offering her any help or even mention that he got tested or having his goons get tested. When Jason "died", Sonny seemed to forget that there was a family involved. Sonny is a very selfish bastard.

• Love 4

I like Ava, mostly because I think the actress has been amazing.  I'd never seen her in anything before, and she really had me rooting for Ava by the third week she was on (and it's entirely possible that her heat with Morgan endeared her to me - I'm not a stone!).  Ava did some unbelievably horrible things, but she was shown to be really conflicted about some of those things (she mostly didn't want to kill Michael, for example), and she knew they were horrible things while she was doing them.  Ava never believed that and no one ever told her that she was good and perfect and deserved a halo.  Ava actually had layers, which is something that so so so many characters on this show are missing.  Ava had some pretty major morality issues, but MW (and I guess some of the writing, I admit begrudgingly) made her a character that I can somehow find some sympathy for even while I abhor her actions.

Unlike Sonny.  I know that you all know that I hate Sonny so much that I cannot possibly be rational about him.  If he alone saved the world's bacon supply from drying up, I still would not have one even borderline nice thing to say about him.  And I'm a girl who would donate a kidney to ensure my ability to get bacon.  Speaking of kidneys, Sonny could give me one, hell, even both, of his and I still would not be able to say anything nice about him other than "He looks better in jeans than in suits."  So, yeah, I'm biased, and not at all ashamed of it. 

Got off track a bit there (see my avatar), but the point is - I didn't have to hate Sonny so much that I almost want to quit watching this show that I first starting watching (last 15 minutes of) when I was in elementary school.  That never had to happen.  But the crazy/ asshole writers over many many years have not only created this monstrosity of a character that makes the show so hard to watch, but they've also made him the center of the show and tried to shove his "heroism" down my throat like they're trying to make foie gras.  

GH, I wish I could quit you.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 14

I don't really like Ava or Maura West. She knows what she's doing, and I appreciate that, but Ava is a mess. She's a femme fatale; no, she's a woobie undone by lurve. She's a ruthless gangster; no, she's a lip-trembling, teary woman. She's more than willing to shoot someone; no, she's fearful of holding a gun. 

I haven't missed Ava while she's been gone, and it's so obvious Silas is hiding her. I don't like the two of them together, and saddling them with the utterly pointless Lauren (regardless of who plays her) has been bad for everyone.

I wish they would decide what they want Ava to be and stick with it. Then the character has a chance with me.

• Love 4

I don't really like Ava or Maura West. She knows what she's doing, and I appreciate that, but Ava is a mess. She's a femme fatale; no, she's a woobie undone by lurve. She's a ruthless gangster; no, she's a lip-trembling, teary woman. She's more than willing to shoot someone; no, she's fearful of holding a gun. 

I haven't missed Ava while she's been gone, and it's so obvious Silas is hiding her. I don't like the two of them together, and saddling them with the utterly pointless Lauren (regardless of who plays her) has been bad for everyone.

I wish they would decide what they want Ava to be and stick with it. Then the character has a chance with me.

I like Ava but mostly because MW is playing her, but no way should she have to be saddled with Dr. Sad Sack just because he can't garner a pulse elsewhere.

• Love 2

don't think that Sonny was supportive of Sam, especially during the Danny cancer thing. I don't remember Sonny offering her any help or even mention that he got tested or having his goons get tested. When Jason "died", Sonny seemed to forget that there was a family involved. Sonny is a very selfish bastard.

I am loathe to defend Sonny since I, too, hate him beyond all measure, but I seem to recall he did mention he got tested and yet he was still ready to kill off granpa Julian even after they knew he was a match , the only match for Danny...so yeah, Sonny is a selfish bastard and then some.

• Love 4

I hope not because that would make Michael and Rosalie cousins and they have had sex. Yet knowing the retconning MoRon, he will say they never had sex or forget he even wrote those scenes.

• Love 1

So if Rosalie is Patricia Spencer's child, who is the father and how would that be a dirty secret?

Guess I'll have to vote "incest".  Luke's the daddy of Rosalie.  It's shocking enough for Ron.

I'm assuming that Rosalie and Nathan have the same father. Both fathers have been referred to obliquely and at some point they'll be tied together, I'm sure of it....... and it'll be.. well, whomever is available at the moment. For the record, I think keeping Sam's dad a secret for so long was a good move. So I'm good if they just let this percolate for awhile. Soaps need some long-form stories for payoffs in the future.

Edited by OnceSane
removed OLTL talk
  • Love 1

I can't believe it was presented as a serious option in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rosalie and Nathan have the same father. Ron loves to tie people together. I wish he'd stop that for good long while, as he rarely uses those ties to good advantage. Too many people are related to one another the way it is.