Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Looking back over today I just couldn't help but notice how they have to give Sonny's baby Mamas selective amnesia when  they "praise" his parenting skills and the whatnot.

Such as Carly for instance, who actually once upon a time wanted Sonny to willingly give up his rights to their only biological child due to "safety concerns", but yet mow claims that Avery could not be any safer with Sonny than if she were being cared for on the highest mountain top by the nuns from The Sound of Music.

• Love 6

The ensemble is too full to cast (or recast or re-recast) Kevin and Lucy's daughters, though! Sabrina, Rosalie and Kiki are all integral characters.

LOL weird thing is I found Carly schroeder twitter and she seems fine with a return to GH.Now of  course she could just mean for a vist. However she seemed to know all about the contest and wasn't pretending she didn't know lol.

I find sabrina,Rosalee and kiki prety useless characters myself.

• Love 1

The Cassadines are billionaire royals.  So why do they care so much about ELQ, a company that in the past two years has only managed to make a relish that poisoned people on national television, renovated one brownstone that people lived in rent free, and made plans to open a free clinic?

I refuse to believe that raggedy ELQ is worth all of this trouble. In the last two years the company has had a succession of CEO's, almost went bankrupt, had a major product launch go to shit on live tv, a former CEO went on trial for murder and then was murdered himself, and now someone with little business experience is running the company and he also happens to be the son of a mobster. And that's just off the top of my head. ELQ stock should be worth jack shit and this company should be in ruins.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

There are so many things Carly and Sonny say that really if this was a show with a budget would require a bursting into flames special effect.  Carly got me with the line that its not Michael's place to punish Sonny.  Sonny got to me with "Avery is safe with me."  I find these characters exhausting.  They are in their own little la la land.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 4

There are so many things Carly and Sonny say that really if this was a show with a budget would require a bursting into flames special effect.  Carly got me with the line that its not Michael's place to punish Sonny.  Sonny got to me with "Avery is safe with me."  I find these characters exhausting.  They are in their own little la la land.

I just can't take them.I know they will do something or say something to piss me off. THe fact that I'm supposed to buy this crap is more troubling lol.I mean I don't remeber back in the day them telling us that anna and robert were great parents every single day.

• Love 1

I can't believe MB dyed his beard black. I'm embarrassed for him. Like it was grey yesterday, you idiot. Everyone knows your old. It's even more hilarious because he actually looked good with they grey beard.

TEAM MICHAEL! He is just killing it. Never change, buddy. Don't be like Lessgan and go right back to dear old dad.

I agree that Sabrina is useless, but I have, for some unknown reason, decided to like her now so I've just embraced it. I weirdly like S&M too so, even though Sabrina being in the scenes today was dumb, I liked it.

At first I was gonna add Sam to my 'Please Die' list, but you guys have made me turn around on it. She did seem like she was just placating Carly because it wasn't worth it to disagree.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I refuse to believe that raggedy ELQ is worth all of this trouble. In the last two years the company has had a succession of CEO's, almost went bankrupt, had a major product launch go to shit on live tv, a former CEO went on trial for murder and then was murdered himself, and now someone with little business experience is running the company and he also happens to be the son of a mobster. And that's just off the top of my head. ELQ stock should be worth jack shit and this company should be in ruins.

But Michael saved the company!

At first I was gonna add Sam to my 'Please Die' list, but you guys have made me turn around on it. She did seem like she was just placating Carly because it wasn't worth it to disagree.

It's a technique Sam learned in Robin's advanced class, "How To Tolerate Carly Without Bitch-Slapping Her Twice A Day 302".

• Love 3

It's a technique Sam learned in Robin's advanced class, "How To Tolerate Carly Without Bitch-Slapping Her Twice A Day 302".

This reminded me of the scene before Robin left to save Jason where she was basically taunting Carly about it. One of only two times I really liked Robin.

• Love 1

ulkis and Bringonthedrama, thanks for the perspective on Sam's behavior with Carly today.  It makes sense that she just didn't want to get into it with Carly because she knows it's pointless and so she tempered her language.  Now I need to see her talk to Michael so we can see how she really feels.

Sabrina's ridiculous fairy tale fantasies and all the other drama over Patrick was pretty exhausting, but I'm sort of liking her right now.  I think having her be a nurse at the clinic and Michael's age-appropriate-ish friend works, keeping her peripherally involved in some main stories without her having to carry them.  And if she has a romantic relationship, it should be done in a low-key and mostly offscreen way, because I do not think romance is the actress's strong point.

• Love 3

I loved Helena waiting for Nik to connect the dots that Jake is Jason. And LOL that Nik is astonished she'd put him in jail to keep him quiet. Does Helena brainwash Nik every time she sees him so he doesn't remember how awful she is? It would explain why he's so mindbogglingly stupid when it comes to Helena.

Nice to know that Carly and Sam are okay with killing as long as there's a reason. Helena put a chip in Jake's brain and made him kill? Reprehensible! Sonny wants Jason to take out a competitor? Totes acceptable!

ELQ stock should be worth jack shit and this company should be in ruins.

Maybe they want to swoop in and sell it for parts.

Once again, Sonny and Carly's main defense for him to keep Avery is that he loves her. So not the issue. And LOL that Carly found AJ so self-pitying and entitled, with nothing ever being his fault. When has Sonny ever taken responsibility for his actions?

Color me surprised Olivia told Julian she was pregnant, but color me totally unsurprised Ned claimed to be the father. Sigh. At least Alexis had a "Hmm...this sounds kinda familiar" expression.

I think having her be a nurse at the clinic and Michael's age-appropriate-ish friend works, keeping her peripherally involved in some main stories without her having to carry them.

I agree. If we have to be stuck with her, Sabrina is much better as a supporting character than a main one.

• Love 8

Now I need to see her talk to Michael so we can see how she really feels.

I really wish we could get a Michael/Sam scene, but only if she doesn't try to shame him for hating Sonny. He needs someone to just accept and agree with him. I mean, I'm sure the remaining Quatermaines all do, but that doesn't really mean anything. It needs to be someone from Sonny's world. But obviously we're supposed to see Michael as a big old meanie, so we'll never get this. Sigh.

Oh, I meant to ask, why does Nik want ELQ? Did I miss the explanation for this or is there just not one? Because it doesn't make any sense to me. Helena I can see, just because she's probably like "why not," but why would Nik give a shit?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I'm being 100% real when I say this...I have NO idea what Nik's motivations are. The show hasn't given him any. He's just suddenly giving Hells the time of day and doing shady shit and it makes no sense.

He's really Emily in a mask.

• Love 1

I loved Helena waiting for Nik to connect the dots that Jake is Jason.

It was like watching Sonny try to remember where he keeps his towels.

Sam and Michael had a brief scene on Thanksgiving. She basically said "Dude, sorry your life sucks right now. Call if you need me. Deuces!"

• Love 3

I really wish we could get a Michael/Sam scene, but only if she doesn't try to shame him for hating Sonny. He needs someone to just accept and agree with him. I mean, I'm sure the remaining Quatermaines all do, but that doesn't really mean anything. It needs to be someone from Sonny's world. But obviously we're supposed to see Michael as a big old meanie, so we'll never get this. Sigh.

Oh, I meant to ask, why does Nik want ELQ? Did I miss the explanation for this or is there just not one? Because it doesn't make any sense to me. Helena I can see, just because she's probably like "why not," but why would Nik give a shit?

I mean, I guess the way billionaires get to be billionaires is they acquire more and more, so I guess I can wank it that way. 

I've noticed though being "evil" didn't really perk up Tyler's performance any.* He should pass around a note on set - "story pretty much makes no sense whether your character is good or bad."

*oh except for the other day of course - "HE WAS TALKING TO A DEAD BODY ZOMG"

If they give me dialogue from Nik tomorrow about how he thinks Jason was a worthless hitman who will only get himself killed again so he's sparing everyone the pain of losing him again, and he is, oh yeah, a hitman who should never interact with society again, I'll accept that. Hell, I would love it if Patrick knew too. Eff it, let everyone in P.C. sans Spinelli, Carly, Michael, Sam, Sonny and Liz know and be like "fuck we have to keep him from sucking out everyone's brains again". 

Oh, and here is a thing that is not a big deal in comparison, but you're telling me Julian knows who the OBGYN is? Oookay, sure.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I'd believe it. What's the alternative? Nik wants money and power now and doesn't care about Robin's LIFE? Doesn't care about Sam, Liz, Danny? In what world!?

Now that I think about it, Courtney might be the better choice because Emily had her head so far wedged up Jason's ass he could have used her for a seat. She'd rent out a billboard announcing he's alive again, she'd never hide it.

But Courtney could have returned seeking revenge like some sort of Frankenstein monster, which she pretty much was from the beginning anyway.

Sabrina started pissing me off, but then she mostly came around to support Michael, and I was able to calm down a little.  Plus, so many other people pissed me off so much more.  I think the real Sam would have defended Michael over Sonny all day every day.  And her saying that Sonny is "devoted" to his children?  Yeah, he was so devoted when he killed Michael's father after promising not to.  So devoted when he screwed Morgan's girlfriend on Michael's dead father's crypt.  He was devoted to Dante when he gave him a guilt trip about "making" Sonny shoot him the chest.  Also, devoted when he almost blew up Kristina.  Oh, wait, what about his potential baby with Sam, when he forced her to live with Jason (who hated her at first, right?) and treated her like absolute trash?  Carly - you just sit down and shut the hell up.  She is so delusional that I think a trip to Shadybrook is long overdue.  So maddening that she is blaming Michael for tearing the family apart; SONNY DID THAT when he killed AJ.  Where's that blame? 

It's going to piss me off more than usual if Michael comes out of this being the bad guy.  Even if Michael's seeking custody just to spite Sonny, that baby will still be better off away from Sonny and Carly.  A hundred bucks says that she won't get shot in the head or raped in prison if Michael raises her.  

I am amazed at how big the Team Sonny/Carly is growing.  Now Sam and Sabrina too?  Sam is agreeing with Carly that Michael is just hurt and Sonny was a wonderful father, and Sabrina (the almost baby killer) is lecturing Michael about his intentions?  Is there ONE ally in Michael's corner at all?  Even if I completely disagreed with Michael - and I don't - I would be on his side because the one-sided writing where everyone is on Sonny and Carly's side and Michael is making me nuts.  The arguments against him are: 1) ungrateful (Morgan, Julian (wtf)); 2) too hurt to see clearly (Sam, Bobbie, Lucas, Dante); 3) he'll come around eventually (Sonny and Carly).

I cannot believe they are actually going for Round 5 with Sabrina on this show and forcing her on Michael. Poor Michael!

I don't like Sabrina with Michael because she's boring.  She's also judgmental.  It bugged me to no end that she was lecturing Michael about Avery when SHE tried to murder the poor girl.  Then she looks at Michael when he mentions it as "How dare you mention that to me when I'm criticizing you."  You know what I love about Michael lately?  He's not lying.  He fully admitted that part of it is revenge.  He could have lied and BS'd his way through the explanation, but he didn't.  He then fully and completely explained that he genuinely wants to protect Avery, and he explained to Sabrina what his childhood was like, and she seemed affected.  She can't imagine what his life was like, and she seemed surprised that he was shot and in a coma for year.  A year of his life gone!  That's just ONE of the things that happened to Michael.  He's not wrong for thinking that Avery will not be safe with Sonny, and it was very clear today that Sonny has NO intention of giving up the mob life.  He's simply cloaking it behind fake mirrors, and I loved that Michael called him out on it.  Michael has Sonny's number.  He knows it's all a farce.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4
Oh, I meant to ask, why does Nik want ELQ? Did I miss the explanation for this or is there just not one?​

If it was explained but you missed it, then it must have been a group hypnosis situation, because I don't think any of us have any idea.  I'll go a step farther even - is Nik getting control of ELQ what the Legion of Doom was working toward all this time?  Because I swear, there had to be an easier way, and certainly fewer people needed to be involved.  But we haven't gotten any other ultimate goal from them, have we?  I remain confused by, bored with, and totally uninterested in this story.  

Oh, and here is a thing that is not a big deal in comparison, but you're telling me Julian knows who the OBGYN is? Oookay, sure.

I figured that since he heard the nurse say Olivia's appointment was canceled because the doctor was doing an emergency c-section, it wasn't a huge leap to know she was an Ob-Gyn.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 1

The Legion of Doom's interest in ELQ has never made any sense.  Why does an evil cartel need a legitimate business that has been on the brink of ruin for years?

And I'll say it again, I HATE the way the off-screen Quartermaines are being treated.

• Love 6
I am amazed at how big the Team Sonny/Carly is growing.  Now Sam and Sabrina too?  Sam is agreeing with Carly that Michael is just hurt and Sonny was a wonderful father, and Sabrina (the almost baby killer) is lecturing Michael about his intentions?  Is there ONE ally in Michael's corner at all?  Even if I completely disagreed with Michael - and I don't - I would be on his side because the one-sided writing where everyone is on Sonny and Carly's side and Michael is making me nuts.  The arguments against him are: 1) ungrateful (Morgan, Julian (wtf)); 2) too hurt to see clearly (Sam, Bobbie, Lucas, Dante); 3) he'll come around eventually (Sonny and Carly).

To me Ron has just been sticking to the script he took over from Guza with this bunch because for nearly two decades Sonny and Carly have had the "townies" in PC kissing their collective asses.

It's why they've both been able to do all they've done and get away with so many crimes that they should have been put away for and entombed in the most maximum of security prisons imaginable for the rest of their wretched lives.

Michael never had a chance of "winning" against them in the eyes of the PC public, part of the reason he always defended them growing up was because he was just following the pattern of nearly everyone else in his life. Courtney, Mike, Bobbie, Jason, Sam, Max, just to name a few.

Michael has finally "opened his eyes" to the truth of what slime balls for parents he's had all his life, but it's truth everyone else pretty much knew when he was still in diapers, they just never cared to do anything about it or ignored it and pretended otherwise, such as how Sonny gets the "good Daddy" label and Carly is "passionate" and not just "poison to any and every one around her".

And I'll say it again, I HATE the way the off-screen Quartermaines are being treated.

I am not sure what I hate more. That or how the on-screen Qs get treated. 

At least there was no actual scene with Skye getting swindled and duped by terrorLuke, but Tracy has been smack dab in the middle of his ridiculousness since the beginning.

And then there's Ned...oh Ned.

And as for Monica I just...she basically exists now in name only.

I'd touch on A.J. as well but my blood pressure is spiking already.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

It could be worse, it could be Forrester Creations

• Love 2

Now that I think about it, Courtney might be the better choice because Emily had her head so far wedged up Jason's ass he could have used her for a seat. She'd rent out a billboard announcing he's alive again, she'd never hide it.

But Courtney could have returned seeking revenge like some sort of Frankenstein monster, which she pretty much was from the beginning anyway.

Hahahaha. I just...yeah. I'll take that, too. What is Ron thinking, though? His version of a soap opera is kinda...ballsy in a way. In every show, a character like Nik would only do something OOC if they were being threatened in a real way. Hells threatening Spencer or telling Nik she'll kill Robin if he says anything. But, no, Ron won't do that. Ron makes Nik OOC so he stays out of jail! Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Anna was great today, love having her back.

Did Liz really tell the brain surgeon to "be careful"??  Thanks for the tip there, without it I am sure Patrick would have rooted around in Jake's head like he was playing a game of Operation.  Idiot.

Did Carly really say that AJ never took responsibility for anything and nothing was his fault???  HOLY POT KETTLE.  My god her lack of self awareness is just....astounding.  Idiot.

Although this made me laugh out loud:

Julian: For your information, I love this woman, not that it is any of your business...

Ned: I thought you just said it was FOR my information, you idiot!

Stand your ground Michael.  You are surrounded by idiots.

I forgot the other idiot of the say.  Nikolas, I hope when your dear cousin Sam finds out you are a selfish prick she kicks your ass.  Idiot.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 15

At least there was no actual scene with Skye getting swindled and duped by terrorLuke,

As much as I want to see Skye on-screen, I would have hated that.

It's just so stupid.  I refuse to believe that Skye just handed over her and Lila Rae's piece of ELQ.  And even if she did, now that it's out that Luke is this big evil doer, couldn't that easily be reversed?

• Love 3

I think Ron only allows the characters to remember their respective relatives/close friends/past connections when he feels like it.

Sam knows that Victor was the one in charge of the clinic, and he helped to bring Helena back. Which means it is very likely that Helena could have been involved with Jason as well yet Sam hasn't even yet bothered to pay Nik or Helena a visit yet because she's just so very good damn sure Jason is "for reals dead" this time.

Yet Sam is also aware that this information came from Robin, relayed by Patrick, who had her family run off the road and nearly killed as ordered by the very same Cassadine, Victor, so perhaps Robin may have had another reason to say that, but still-Sam doesn't even question a damn thing.

And god knows the last thing I want is a Jason and Sam reunion because they wore out my patience with them by 2006 at the latest, but honestly it just doesn't make a bit of bloody sense that Sam has spent all this time just hanging around. Yet when it came to "solving the problem that was Jake" she was racing around like her ass was on fire.

But of course Ron just doesn't care. That is what it boils down to me.

If Ron doesn't care if it does or doesn't make sense, then forget ever getting any plausible explanation or reason for what's going on sometime down the road. And If he doesn't care to write characters in character or if he doesn't care if what we saw last month fits with what's happening right now, whatever. He writes it and we're supposed to swallow whatever happily without complaint.

He has no shame or skill.

As much as I want to see Skye on-screen, I would have hated that.

It's just so stupid.  I refuse to believe that Skye just handed over her and Lila Rae's piece of ELQ.  And even if she did, now that it's out that Luke is this big evil doer, couldn't that easily be reversed?

It would have been horrific, I haven't a single doubt. And she probably would have spent half the time asking Luke if he was "okay"" or that he seemed a "little different", because Ron loves to give the audience so many "hint hint winks" in the scenes.

And it seems Helena and Nik are controlling that bit of stock in the company, so without realizing it Skye really gave them her and Lila's shares to use. I would assume that's why Helena is encouraging Nik to build up the stockpile further until they have the majority of control.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

I completely agree, CPP83. It's just that this story has so many OBVIOUS holes. That's where Ron's lack of skill is so blatant. Like, at least don't give all these characters information; so much so that they look like careless, stupid people.

• Love 1

I'm glad Tracey is growing her hair out.

That's the only positive thing I have to say.

Yep, that Romulan-esque hairdo was not very flattering.

I'm being 100% real when I say this...I have NO idea what Nik's motivations are. The show hasn't given him any. He's just suddenly giving Hells the time of day and doing shady shit and it makes no sense.

I don't know what motivates anyone these days except for Sonny and Carly, because their motivation is and has always been me me me me me.  Everyone else acts the way the plot needs them to act, which is usually shallow and stupid.  Ron C. has stripped away what makes them unique and interesting. The only familiar thing about many of these characters is the face of a particular actor. 

• Love 4
Julian: For your information, I love this woman, not that it is any of your business...
Ned: I thought you just said it was FOR my information, you idiot!​

I forgot about that.  It was hilarious.  Julian's face after Ned said it was great.

• Love 4

Thank goodness, a day without Luke.

Too much screen time for Snarly...speaking of whom...

Snarly always wanted Michael to be like Jason and Sonny - wow, every mother's dream for their son, to be a murderer and a mobster.  She didn't want him to be entitled or wallow in self-pity, and always blaming other people...um, like her?  This character has absolutely no insight, no judgment, and has a really twisted sense of morality.  Yuck.

And why would Helena care if Nik told Sam?  Doesn't she realize that, by telling everyone about the implant, Jakeson would want to get it removed?  So who cares if Nik tells anyone?  Did Elizabeth hear the conversation?  Wow she got out of those scrubs quickly!

Lol@Sonny thinking that if he appears to step down from his mob that everyone, including a judge, will be fooled into thinking he isn't a mob boss. 

Julian, just stfu.  Please.  And Olivia!  What were you thinking??!

Michael, yay!  Anna, yay!  Duke, go away!

• Love 6

And why would Helena care if Nik told Sam?  Doesn't she realize that, by telling everyone about the implant, Jakeson would want to get it removed?  So who cares if Nik tells anyone? 

The amnesia about his identity wasn't caused by Victor/Helena's condition, but by getting run over by Ava.

• Love 1

In their brief Thanksgiving scene, she told Michael she was sorry for his pain (AJ's death by Sonny's hand) and not really being there for him. She wasn't at all pro-Sonny. Maybe because she was never involved in the battle for baby Michael, did get to know AJ a little when he returned to Port Charles, and he was nice to her and little Danny. I think Sam *does* just accept Michael, but isn't going to tell that to Carly. Sam still seems to care about -at a distance- what happens to Sonny (on Jason's behalf and because he's Kristina's father) but she doesn't seek them out at their homes to socialize or talk about the Mob biz. I think, since Jason "died" she's only talked to them in public at the hospital, art gallery or Metrocourt. 

I read her reaction to Carly announcing Michael wanted to take Avery away from Sonny as shock-s he knows Michael  has been through a lot and hasn't exactly been thinking, "I want to/I'm ready to raise a child now" She heard from Carly that this is all about Michael wanting to hit Sonny where it hurts, to take Sonny's kid like he was taken away from AJ. Her reaction was basically just wow, not 'how dare Michael.'  Sonny has been a father with a nanny and staff to take care of his kids, which Sam knows, so I'm sure Michael stepping up to take responsibility for the baby does seem a little crazy to her. 

• Love 3

The amnesia about his identity wasn't caused by Victor/Helena's condition, but by getting run over by Ava.

Good point.  She had no way of knowing "Jake" would recall who he was, right before surgery.  Still, you would think that, with the implant gone and her influence gone with it, she would figure Jason would come looking for her in order to get information from her about himself (at the very least, why she chose him).  Hmmm.

• Love 1

OMG that whole scene where Alexis was trying to "explain" female issues to Julian while Ned and Olivia stood there like fish on a hook....totally hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard since I watched the clip of Carly's fall down the stairs after arguing with AJ. Watching Sonny and Edward try to manage 911 describing pregnancy was totally hilarious too. I have to say comedy without camp is pretty good on this show when handled by actors who aren't giant hamms.(well WdV can be a little;))

• Love 5

What should happen is Jason gets his memory back and his first words are where the hell is Robin who SAVED MY LIFE! He looks around and everyone is whistling with their thumbs up their asses. He goes straight to Helena and chokes the truth out of her. He punches Patrick in the throat and balls,then throws deuces to the lot of them grabs Emma and heads off to Paris to find Robin, while Sam, Liz and Carly sob.

I keep envisioning a mind-controlled, dead-eyed Robin showing back up and promptly shooting Patrick point-blank in the chest, ala Boomer on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.  

Doubtful since I think TeCa had her baby last May, so the kid is 9 months old. I think it's pride. Ronnie can't face that his "you're going to love her, I promise!" (direct interview quote) character bombed so badly.

I see no evidence whatsoever that Sabrina is this horrifically unpopular character, from all available objective evidence she has a goodly number of fans.  I realize she was well hated by the TWoP crowd, but it's not like they had their finger on the pulse of popularity.  So more than likely the reason she is being kept around is that she has fans and they want to see her on the show.  (Don't feel bad, I have been mystified for lo these many years that a character as outright repulsive as Sonny Corinthos has any fans at all, much less a fanbase with enough clout to keep him front and center as the show's romantic leading man).

Michael, yay!  Anna, yay!  Duke, go away!

Michael is very quickly shaping up to be my favorite character on the show.  Especially since he is shaping up to be a viable threat to Sonny, not just some cartoon Snidely Whiplash type that Sonny can always defeat without breaking a sweat.

• Love 10

One thing really bugged me today (even more than Snarly and Sonny)...that little laugh Duke gave after Anna told him he might be next.  It was as if he was thinking, "Oh she's just so cute when she plays federal agent!" 

Grrrrrr. 

• Love 5

Here is my pitiful spin on the Sonny/Michael/Helena/Nik tie in.

First everyone is pretty much spell out in crayon that Michael is Sonny, so that is making Sonny AJ. I think since fans seem to feel bad for AJ and hate Sonny Ron is using his poison pen to thumb his nose at you pesky haters. So now if you root for Michael you are really saying Sonny was also right all those years ago.(I know it isn't quite the same but I think in Ron's mind it is)

Next we have Carly explaining how she HAD to pick Sonny for her baby daddy b/c he is strong and a leader. He has power and wealth.

Final piece we have Helena who dotes on Nik and getting ELQ was HER baby all along. Luke just wanted to take Sonny's power away she just convinced him the throw in with her plan to get ELQ for Nik. I really think that was her plan she wants Nik to run ELQ. That is the only explanation I had for Nik's thinking, he seemed to visibly change his posture thinking about running ELQ. I mean Nik is a Cassadine but he doesn't want to be too evil, I think he sees this as his way to have real world power and ELQ is Emily's family business.

So I think Sonny and Michael are like the new AJ and Sonny with the roles reversed, except Michael does love Sonny deep down somewhere. While Michael is battling with Sonny Nik is going to swoop in and steal ELQ from him. THEN Ron will lower the boom. Michael will join with Sonny to take back ELQ from the evil Cassadines. Michael will forgive Sonny and all will be well with the Corinthos family.

And Ron will say how he used history and an umbrella story to tie it all together. What? Don't ya'll see his genius?

• Love 2

Did Carly really say that AJ never took responsibility for anything and nothing was his fault???  HOLY POT KETTLE.  My god her lack of self awareness is just....astounding.  Idiot.

Snarly always wanted Michael to be like Jason and Sonny - wow, every mother's dream for their son, to be a murderer and a mobster.  She didn't want him to be entitled or wallow in self-pity, and always blaming other people...um, like her?  This character has absolutely no insight, no judgment, and has a really twisted sense of morality.  Yuck.

My tiny mind kept wandering during Snarly's latest exposition on how HORRIBLE Michael is for actually seeing that Moobs is a slimey psychopath in cuban heels and Dr. Dentons, and how sad she is that her little boy no longer wants to suckle at her breast of death.  While I was nodding off, I thought how great it would be if - (completely out of context, but so the hell what, considering what Ron C. writes) - if a Jurassic Park Velociraptor came hopping down the hospital hall, cocked an eye at Snarly and then ripped her head off midsentence and popped it in his mouth like a hairy junior mint and then hopped on down to the surgery suite where he completed his meal.  

I know, a sign of an impending break with reality, but then again, I blame Show.  For everything.

I also pretend that Sam listened sympathetically to Snarly during her vomitious self-pity rant because that's the way normal people behave when confronted with a raving sociopathic lunatic who is on the loose.  Don't upset them, just listen to their delusional rantings while slowly backing away.....Unfortunately, Sam didn't do any backing away, but then again I'll just pretend she was armed and knew she could kneecap the nutjob if she completely flipped out.

Oh yes.  When Prince Dickolas started listing all the people who should be told about Jason's survival and OMITTED MENTIONING MONICA, well, par for the course.  I admit I'm no fan of his and haven't been for a long time.  As far as I'm concerned he should just sleep with Grandmamma and get it over with.  

Alexis looks like more of an idiot than she usually does. She should know Ned is lying, but she probably has Julian's chest on her brain.

I wish I could like Alexis more than I do, if for no other reason than she's a veteran and a woman of a certain age who are generally treated like crap in Hollywood.  But, I don't.  I could stand her more if she didn't turn into a simpering idiot around any piece of male flesh that deigns to look her way.  

In this particular instance, Helena's negative opinion about her is more right than it is wrong.  And she's Molly and Kristina's mother - two more mistakes stacked against her.  

Pretty sad that in a battle of wits with Olivia and Alexis, it would probably be a draw.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I think Sonny and Michael are like the new AJ and Sonny with the roles reversed

If Sonny was the new A.J., everybody in Port Charles, up to and including his nearest and dearest, would be lining up to kick him while he was down and spit on him as he lay metaphorically bleeding out*, and nothing of the sort is happening right now.

Not that I wouldn't be down with it happening, of course.

* - I'll never forget the Guza-penned scene where A.J. had broken his back after a severe fall while Jason had been mildly injured.  He had Monica quite literally stepping over A.J.'s body to get to Jason to treat him, completely ignoring her nearly mortally wounded son.  GAH!!!

• Love 7
I'll never forget the Guza-penned scene where A.J. had broken his back after a severe fall while Jason had been mildly injured.  He had Monica quite literally stepping over A.J.'s body to get to Jason to treat him, completely ignoring her nearly mortally wounded son.  GAH!!!

Oh! Oh! Oh! I remember that! Dear lord I nearly blacked out! The rage...oh the rage...I can't even describe it.

That is one of the scenes I never, ever forgave Guza for. I wanted him tarred and feathered for that whole entire showdown that, yet again, was meant to do nothing more but paint A.J. as the most pathetic loser and piece of shit in the history of the world while Jason was the almighty golden boy that was the only one deserving of any real love and affection and care. 

Sonny will never, ever get that treatment, imho, not in a million, billion years. We'd never be so lucky.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

So I think Sonny and Michael are like the new AJ and Sonny with the roles reversed, except Michael does love Sonny deep down somewhere. While Michael is battling with Sonny Nik is going to swoop in and steal ELQ from him. THEN Ron will lower the boom. Michael will join with Sonny to take back ELQ from the evil Cassadines. Michael will forgive Sonny and all will be well with the Corinthos family.

I still see an AJing in Michael's near future.  He will lose ELQ to Nik and become a loser like AJ and then he will lose Avery as AJ lost Michael because he has no money and becomes a pitiful drunk.  Maybe it will be nicer version because TPTB ultimately sort of like Michael, but Michael, in the end, will have to forgive Sonny/Carly to lose his AJ loser stank.  I'm teetering, but I'll probably keep watching.

• Love 2

See I just am not seeing them make Michael anything like AJ. They are clearly wanting the audience to see him as like Sonny. I just think they will make it so he ends up being an ally with Sonny against someone else. I'm also slightly afraid he will get custody of Avery and then something will happen to her b/c of Helena or Luke and then he'll see being with him was no safer for her than being with Sonny....which again plays into Michael being the Sonny of the old AJ/Sonny fued.

What I think Ron is doing is casting Sonny in the AJ role but showing that a "better" man(than the real AJ) wouldn't be so weak and in the end things would have turned out better for actual AJ if he wasn't a weak fatty.

• Love 2

and in the end things would have turned out better for actual AJ if he wasn't a weak fatty.

Sigh.  If I let myself think about Ron killing off AJ for more than a few seconds, I feel I'll torch my TV.  I loved AJ and I loved that Michael and AJ finally got to bond.   I just can't stand it!  I want Michael to bury these bitches and burn his dumb ass parents to the ground!

I got that last line backwards, didn't I?  Burn, then bury! HA!

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 6

Nah. I've seen Ron's work. He lives for this stuff. We just lucked out this time that the story makes sense. The anvils are dropping like Road Runner levels that Jason will be a Quartermaine and not fully Morgan. Micheal vs Sonny with the Main Event of Jason taking on Sonny and Carly and Duke and Nik and Helena will happen.

What are the anvils?

- Carly point blank saying "AJ was weak. He never took responsibility for anything." Direct lie and contradicts Michael's very argument at the NotWedding.

- Carly saying "I wanted Micheal to be strong like Jason..... He's exactly like Jason. He's the fixer."

- Carly's turning Jake into the police "for his own good."

- Jake saying he wants to live free or not live at all. He said if he lives knowing he has that chip he cannot handle hurting others. That's Jason Quartermaine talking.

- Helena describing Jason Quartermaine devolving to Jason Morgan to a disbelieving Jason.

- The instant recognition of Alan, Edward, and Lila's pictures. Yet, he didn't feel like he knew Carly or Sam. But he knew Micheal, his brother's kid. CD looks like he could be SK's son. Jason Quartermaine would remember that AJ.

• Love 9