Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The ruin of Lucy continues to give me the sads.

I know. She's always been kind of a screwball character, but there's not reason to make her completely idiotic.

Anna's hair almost achieved original Kate Howard's level of perfection.

It is spectacular.

I was glad to see them drop it especially since the actress playing Molly is still very much underage

I think that was one of the reasons they dropped it.

The writers have ruined Maxie and Nathan with this juvenile storyline. Kissing at midnight- seriously?

It's New Year's Eve. That's when people kiss. I buy it. 

• Love 4

I think that was one of the reasons they dropped it.

I was a little surprised they took it as far as they did really, what with getting the hotel room and Haley actually being in bed clothes, if I were her mum...heh, no way, acting or not. But Tequan has always seemed the perfect gentleman, I've always gotten good vibes from that kid. If only he could get a decent story for once.

I could buy it a little better myself if apparently Supersonic Jets and deadbeat dads without any prior experience running spy organizations weren't being used to bring the two love birds together. 

After 11 years of watching him eat my shows without even trying, there is no way I am going to ever think about what happened to Michael Easton. He's MIA and I couldn't be happier.

Same goes for Steve Burton. He is a dreadful failure on CBS, but he is now their failure. Keep at it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10

I like ME and miss him (go ahead and sue me, jsbt!)

I'd argue with you, dubbel zout, but John's been framed again, and we both know he's the only one who can solve this case!

• Love 4

We need to focus on things like what happened to Micheal Easton? Where is Chad Duell? Who is Lucas? What is Brad? Why is Duke?

Where is Mac, Flea, Rosalie.......

Has giant baby been named?

I'm so tempted to write some Lucas/Brad New Years fanfic

I've decided I'm going to put a plague of moobster crypt sex on all you lovely posters houses. I could care less about the current story lines, however in the last 2 weeks I've tuned in to see FH's haircut, VA's clothes and hair, RiH's beard, TJ's hat and FH's hair again.

IMO, everything else has been pure shit.

• Love 2

My mom's visiting. We trudged through yesterdays' GH, which she hadn't seen in about 6 months. At the end, she asks, "So the princess is gone?"  What princess, I asked her.  "That nurse princess."  I swear she doesn't know social media other than facebook is the place to see pictures of her grandkids. She came up with that one on her own.

I am embarrassed that I watch a show where a grown woman is written to call another grown woman 'Boobie'

Right there with you. And I'm not, for a second, kidding about that. I also feel sorry for any fan of Lucy post 1990.  Like her or find her annoying, she was never like this.  Sure, she was a schemer and superficial.  Even a bit scatter-brained at times.  But she never had the literal mentality of a 9-year-old.  Unlike the writers, who I'm sure giggle, snickered, high-fived themselves, and probably even tweeted about that line.

Would love to make a trade and have Steve Burton back here. He's certainly finding no fans at Y&R.

You can have the doughy guy back. But you HAVE to keep Burton, too! Wouldn't be a bad idea if you also took Stafford with you as well.  And feel free -- PLEASE -- to give back Tristan.  I heard he's not being effectively used there anyway.

It is spectacular.

And it's real!  Sorry, a Seinfeld reference came to mind.

• Love 3

And feel free -- PLEASE -- to give back Tristan. I heard he's not being effectively used there anyway.

BITE YOUR TONGUE, Francie!!!

I don't want Tristan Rogers anywhere near this craptastic shitfest. Not as long as the current douchenozzles are in charge.

• Love 1

I like ME and miss him (go ahead and sue me, jsbt!), but SBu need never darken my soap again.

Me too, Michael's one of the last "good fellows" as far as I'm concerned still on this show. But Steve can go off and make a million more bottles of his special juice or whatever, but he should never, ever, ever come back to GH. His ship should have sailed the first time he left.

• Love 2

I know Cartini would eventually ruin Robert, but TRo will (and has) spun whatever shit he is given into gold.

Besides, Robert is the only man aside from Dante that is worthy of Anna's hair.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Nathan is worthy of it, if he goes away after brushing it and doesn't actually speak while he's doing so.

Honestly, to me, Lucy has always been this frigging annoying, but I'll concede that "boobie" is a new low.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I still SamTrick and I'm finding that it feels like KMo is overselling it.

She sure is. I find it embarrassing to watch. I feel bad for her because obviously she's really trying to make this nonsensical shit work, but it's just awful.

I swear, if one more fucking person tries to SHAME Anna over locking Faison up, I will root for her to burn the whole damn town to the ground.

I've been rooting for this for quite some time.

Agent Not Hot is a pointless, terrible character played by an awful actor, but ngl when he tapped Anna with the check I was like OK he can have a romp with her. I swear FH would have chem with a paper clip.

I'm over Jordan, I think. I blame Shawn.

• Love 3
Where is Chad Duell?

Other than the day he was at the brownstone with Morgan, Kiki, and Carly, it feels like we haven't seen him in weeks.  And that wasn't my favorite scene.  Instead, the fallout from him having his whole life blown apart and everything he thought he knew and believed totally destroyed is all about Sonny and the mob war.  Or really, mob spat, I guess.  Maybe it's mobs spat.  I don't even know, because I have no idea who is aligned with whom, or what any of their goals are.  

• Love 2

Agent Not Hot is a pointless, terrible character played by an awful actor, but ngl when he tapped Anna with the check I was like OK he can have a romp with her. I swear FH would have chem with a paper clip.

He's slight less Not Hot because of the dye job, but he still comes a bit like a mall mannequin from Nordstrom come to life.

I don't even know, because I have no idea who is aligned with whom, or what any of their goals are.

Look Tiger! A mask! :runs:

• Love 3

Sonny took a couple weeks off right after his big dramatic payoff to immediately go to prison with no trial or further courtroom drama just so they could quickly throw him in those scenes (which they had already probably block-taped a month ago). It was impact squandered. Now Michael, who also had that payoff, is taking his usual FV/RC break. I'm sure he'll return around January 11th to announce all the sweeping changes he has made at ELQ offscreen.

• Love 1

I'm over Jordan, I think. I blame Shawn.

Yup.  He's the hypocritical anchor dragging any potential there down.

I find it funny that a joker with the inability to hit the side of a barn is still such a deadly force, able to destroy so many lives at will. Or should I say I would find it funny if it wasn't so goddamn irritating.

• Love 1

Not that I'm a fan of the young 20s set but man they really need to do something with these characters.A start would be morgan and kiki getting actual jobs lol.

And not that I'm dying for new characters, but there needs to be another female lead in this age range.  The sun shouldn't rise and fall with Kiki.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

And not that I'm dying for new characters, but there needs to be another female lead in this age range.  The sun shouldn't rise and fall with Kiki.

I'm fairly sure the sun runs and hides from her instead. It's why there's so much gray, to mask the fact that the sun hasn't come in PC in over a year since she arrived.

• Love 2

I'm fanwanking that Micheal is figuring out how he will acquire the Metro Court. He will rename it Quartermaine Plaza. There will be an Alan Suite, an AJ Suite, a Monica Suite, a Lila and Edward Suite (for Honeymooners) and he will call the bar Alice's. Olivia will ge a manager, but so will Maxie and Lulu. He will make Fluke a bartender. That's "the job" he has for him.

Micheal is a dick now. It's awesome.

• Love 1

My head is still spinning from the way the calendar leaped from Christmas to New Year's. Gah!! And Halloween/Election Day blended together too. It's almost as bizarre as Maxie and Nathan passing each other on separate planes as they flew across the nation a couple of times. (Did the writers realize just how far apart Portland, Ore and Buffalo, NY (which is PC) are in flying time?) How does flying in a private plane make the plane go faster to cover that distance? Indeed, commercial jets can probably outpace a small private corporate jet anytime.

It only makes "sense" if the entire show is happening in Maxie's or Lucy's head....kind of like a Nutcracker ballet of plot points.

• Love 2

IA they write the little kids like they should write the 20s characters lol.Of course kiki and rosalee not really fond of either one of them lol.

Look Tiger! A mask! :runs:

Can someone explain this to me like I'm a big-head, know-it-all mooch that recently made out with my ex-husband/mothers' ex-lover/ex-boyfriends' brother?

• Love 1

"Ain't no sunshine when she's here..."

Now I want a choir to suddenly appear whenever Kiki leaves a room or isn't on screen that day and start singing "Oh Happy Day". Now there's a sing-a-long on this show I could get into.

• Love 1

Not that I'm a fan of the young 20s set but man they really need to do something with these characters.A start would be morgan and kiki getting actual jobs lol.

Giving characters jobs would require more sets and they don't have the money for it. Unless they have everyone work at the hospital. Oh wait, there's an idea! Or maybe Kelly's. Yeah, Morgan can cook and Kiki can be a waitress. *roll eyes*

I don't want Tristan Rogers anywhere near this craptastic shitfest. Not as long as the current douchenozzles are in charge.

I agree. He needs to stay far, far away. I think TR is pretty savvy and realizes how bad Cartini are. I would say the same for Genie Francis. 

Today's show looks so stupid. I may not even tune in and just read the comments here and on Twitter to catch up. 

• Love 1
My head is still spinning from the way the calendar leaped from Christmas to New Year's. Gah!! And Halloween/Election Day blended together too.

Days under Reilly used to do this too.  I kid you not, it actually went from Valentine's Day to St. Patrick's Day one year.  I think it was 2005.

It's largely because the writers are so in love with their scenes and their cliffhangers that they'll string out single conversations over not just two, but three episodes.  My philosophy?  Pick better of the two lines, and that's your cliffhanger. No conversation should take more than 2 episodes. NONE.

I was watching classic GH, and there was an episode from the early 1980s where someone mentions they should throw a dinner party at the beginning of the episode and, lo and behold, by the end of that very episode, it was the evening and the dinner party was actually shown!  Sure, there were episodes where the action was dragged out, but I think our collective memories have been warped with how slow-moving the show was back then.

The writers have ruined Maxie and Nathan with this juvenile storyline. Kissing at midnight- seriously?

I get the New Year's Eve kiss thing.  I like that tradition.  On tv and in real life.  But the problem with Maxie and Nathan is that their whole relationship is based on superficial things like that.  "Will they kiss at midnight?" the show's runners want us to tune in for.  "Why should I care?" is my question in response.  We still have not seen Maxie and Nathan fall in love, or even been given a reason as to why they should fall in love.  And now two whole episodes of their storyline will be dedicated solely to the question of whether they'll meet up for a kiss at midnight.  We'll learn nothing about them as individuals or a couple.  Also, nearly 30-year-old people who are obsessed with traveling across the country just to kiss a midnight? I have to wonder just how bad their sex lives are to get so caught up in such a Princess Diaries type thing.

I hear ya, GHScorpiosRule . I go through that same torture every time I wish FH would not renew her contract.  I feel bad as a fan for wishing she'd leave, but honestly? It'd be a personal relief.

Edited by Francie

Take that back right now! No one listen to this! SB is doing wonderfully exactly where he is and should stay there

Please, please, please - honestly - truly - we don't want him.  He would be a wonderful New Year's present for the folks here at General Hospital.  P-L-E-A-S-E !!! 

It takes six damn hours to fly across the country.

I spent the better part of the show yesterday trying to figure out how 13+ hours of travel (once you factor in getting to and from the airport) could result in people still leaving and arriving in daylight, during a season of the year when both Portland and Port Charles have no more than 9 hours of sunshine, regardless of time zone differences.  

Since it was giving me a headache, I concluded that either the WSB and Madeline's friends have access to the no-longer-used SSTs, or the wormhole was working. 

• Love 1

I spent the better part of the show yesterday trying to figure out how 13+ hours of travel (once you factor in getting to and from the airport) could result in people still leaving and arriving in daylight, during a season of the year when both Portland and Port Charles have no more than 9 hours of sunshine, regardless of time zone differences. 

Since it was giving me a headache, I concluded that either the WSB and Madeline's friends have access to the no-longer-used SSTs, or the wormhole was working.

Here in Seattle we only have a little over eight hours between sunrise and sunset this time of year.

Just started watching yesterday's show.  So, Fluke is talking to Duke and TG is using one of his many lame accents?  I guess he's lucky it's Duke, who clearly has lost any semblance of sense, so he probably won't even question why "Luke" is suddenly speaking with some pseudo Euro-trash accent.

Also, clearly the wormholes are alive and well. 

• Love 2

But you HAVE to keep Burton, too! Wouldn't be a bad idea if you also took Stafford with you as well.  And feel free -- PLEASE -- to give back Tristan.  I heard he's not being effectively used there anyway.

Absolutely NOBODY is being effectively used there.  This could work - I'll take MS and BM - I'd like to keep Tristan, but I could give him up if you agree to take JFP, too.  And you HAVE to take Burton.

People in PC should probably consider traveling the extra mile for a different hospital if they get sick or injured.  Epiphany sends Liz home early to tend to her love life.  Sam shows up at the hospital to talk to Patrick about their kiss (and kiss some more) in the middle of his shift (when he acknowledges that he's fairly busy, but he always has time for this).  Because, apparently, the only time any of the hospital employees can focus on their love lives is during their shift. 

• Love 4

Carly, Liz, Anna, Olivia, and Sam look great; Lucy's dress isn't quite festive enough for my taste; Alexis's dress is kind of meh (nothing wrong with it, but nothing special); Jordan's dress is a great color but needs better tailoring around the bust; and Lulu's dress is horrific. Truly awful.

I think the men who black ties with their tuxes looked better than those who didn't.

"How did I wind up in the same boat as Julian Jerome?"

"Welcome aboard."

Hee. The towel banter between Lulu, Dante, and Nathan was cute, too.

Oh, how adorable. Jake hates wearing a tie. Try spending the day in a pair of pantyhose, and then we'll talk, dude.

Ivy is kind of an asshole. Of course she and Nik are attracted to each other.

I love the events where most of the cast can be in the same place, especially if it's ridiculous they'd be together. (Like Sonny at Carly's wedding to Jax.)

It was intensely satisfying to see Carly on the outside looking in, watching all the couple dancing, and being unhappy about it.

Billy Miller has a hilarious "Derp!" look.

• Love 7

Shawn is such a hypocritical douchebag.  So Jordan was the world's worst mother for being in the mob, but now that she wants to join the mob he's in, it's totally cool?  And he has to think it over when the favor she did him might end up costing her her life?  Oh Jordan, make 2015 a Shawn-free year, my dear.

Carly's pity party was sickening.  You had the worst year ever because you chose to take a SERIAL KILLER into your heart and into your bed, you stupid wench.

Why in the world would Anna kiss, let alone dance with, stupid Agent Sloane, who just yesterday swore eternal vengeance against her?

WTH with that random chick with Nikolas?

• Love 13

Ivy seems like another wasted hire job, what a shocker. 

And what in the hell is with putting Anna with the jerkwad who's been attempting to ruin her life and career just so that she can try and get a rise out of Duke? Oh right, this is Ron running the show so of course all that matters is complicating bad shit with worse shit. Fantastic.

Fionla did look like a dream though, kudos to whomever worked on her and actually went to beauty school.

The Sam and Jake Saga of Suck continues uninterrupted. I just want them both slapped hard every single time their mouths open. And Patrick can get pushed out a window at anytime thanks.

Watching Jake pout with Carly about their "problems" was so unattractive I can't even. Carly whining about being alone, Jake staring so forlornly at Liz with Ric. Disgusting. And then the kiss...my poor eyes will never forgive me.

I've not yet given up totally on Jordan but the harder they push her on Shawn the less I can care about her. It's the Shawn effect. It's real and there is no cure, spread the word.

William plays such a good, mean drunk. He was putting the moves on one of my less than favourite ladies on the show but at least he wasn't groveling at Alexis' feet. Though that kiss wasn't a simple smooch, heh.

Where the hell were Brad and Lucas???? I...this stupid, stupid show.

And the "Maxie and Nathan's Whacky Misadventure of Love" mini series was just lame.

• Love 2

Boy did that get super old, super fast.

I even tried to give it a slight chance, that's just not like me, thinking maybe it wouldn't be as bad as the previews and spoilers seemed to imply but I lost interest two minutes in. It was just so over the top and to me unnecessary.

I actually found the food they had Dante and Lulu chowing down on at a point a welcome distraction. Those ribs were entirely too sauce less.

• Love 1

Carly, Liz, Anna, Olivia, and Sam look great; Lucy's dress isn't quite festive enough for my taste; Alexis's dress is kind of meh (nothing wrong with it, but nothing special); Jordan's dress is a great color but needs better tailoring around the bust; and Lulu's dress is horrific. Truly awful.

Maybe they just should never show Lulu again on New Year's Eve, or at least, not ever in a dress again because nothing will top the amazing sparkly prettiness of this dress damn it

I'm still obsessed three years later with the fact that they had her dressed in this amazing dress for like 20 minutes and never used it again. FASHION FAIL/SUCCESS in such close succession!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
And what in the hell is with putting Anna with the jerkwad who's been attempting to ruin her life and career just so that she can try and get a rise out of Duke? Oh right, this is Ron running the show so of course all that matters is complicating bad shit with worse shit. Fantastic.

It reminds me of growing up watching Tom and Jerry.  You never knew if they were going to be best friends or mortal enemies in particular "episode."  No explanation was ever given, they just were one or the other. And then back again to the other.

And it kinda bothered me then. When I was 6 and 7 years old! And it was a cartoon!  So imagine how I feel about GH doing it now. Well, I guess, it's a cartoon, too, really.

• Love 6

oh, Duke and his tiny bow-tie. Well it wasn't tiny just looked like it on him for some reason

I would like Ric/Liz if I didn't dislike Ric. They have great chemistry. And their first go around was such Guza fodder. If he had actually cared they could have been huge.

3 HOURS TILL MIDNIGHT AND MAXIE AND NATHAN HAVEN'T KISSED YET DEAR LORD NOOOOO subtitle annoyed me. Cute scenes between him and Lante though. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

It reminds me of growing up watching Tom and Jerry.  You never knew if they were going to be best friends or mortal enemies in particular "episode."  No explanation was ever given, they just were one or the other. And then back again to the other.

And it kinda bothered me then. When I was 6 and 7 years old! And it was a cartoon!  So imagine how I feel about GH doing it now. Well, I guess, it's a cartoon, too, really.

I think Ron himself is a cartoon. He writes such nonsense because it's all he seems to understand. The only thing left to do is play a laugh track during the scenes now to remind us all just how "funny" everything is supposed to be.

• Love 2