Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I've already decided that if I don't get any yummy Lucas and Brad scenes for the New Year I am just going to...well I am not sure yet but it won't be nice!

How the hell can Ron just leave them to languish like this? It's criminal.

I am just going to fantaream that they've somehow ended up with little girl who has no name but is cute as a button Jerome. Lucas has snatched her away from Carly and those idiots and now he and Brad are caring for her properly.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

That lipstick made Maxie look like Courtney Love on a bender.

So Pip and Milo are still a thing. 

Duke's face when Alexis mentioned that Lucy told her he was running Sonny's business was hilarious. I can't believe he was surprised. Lucy never keeps her mouth shut.

Was Nathan expecting Spinelli to put him and Maxie up? LOL.

• Love 3

So Pip and Milo are still a thing. 

Unless we actually SEE Milo at some point, I'm going with my belief that Pfffiffffninnie buttered and ate him.  So they're together, but not in the usual way.

But no matter, we had that renowned thespian, Mr. Anthony Geary, giving us just OODLES of his talent on display.  I mean, did you all not swoon when he came into the gallery and emoted

"JEWWWWWWWWWELLLLLS!  WHHHHHHHHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOING INSIDE ON SUCH A FINNNNNNNNNNNNE DAAAYYAAAAAYYAAAAAY?"  Because nothing says talent like sounding like Mr. Moose from Captain Kangaroo.  Of course, he's got all the sex appeal of Mr. Greenjeans, so we're getting the total Geary package these days.  What a treat!  And just think - we have MONTHS and MONTHS of more and more of this.......yeah, I can't wait.  

My favorite thing today - and I don't mean that in a good way - was Duke getting his protection money is his box o'tea again.  I'm expecting him to bake Sonny a file in a crumpet next.  

I can't wait to see him put Max and Shawn into kilts.  Poor Duke - it would have been better for him to have never been resurrected.

But no matter, we will always have Tony Geary just WOWING us with his subtle talent and his physical presence.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 15

Why Julian hasn't put a bullet in Fluke is beyond me.

Maxie is a total mooch. She has no job, yet can pay for a plane ticket and buy fancy clothes for Georgie from a French boutique. Please. And her whining about not being there to be with Nathan is ridiculous. You can't wait a day? There are more pressing matters, like Jordan being held at gunpoint, than you needing your booty call. You could have been happy to spend one more day with your daughter.

• Love 10

I've already decided that if I don't get any yummy Lucas and Brad scenes for the New Year I am just going to...well I am not sure yet but it won't be nice!

How the hell can Ron just leave them to languish like this? It's criminal.

I am just going to fantaream that they've somehow ended up with little girl who has no name but is cute as a button Jerome. Lucas has snatched her away from Carly and those idiots and now he and Brad are caring for her properly.

I love the way you think. That poor baby deserves so much more than Snarly, Morgan and damm Kiki.

• Love 3

But no matter, we will always have Tony Geary just WOWING us with his subtle talent and his physical presence.

I'm not watching any TG scenes at all anymore, they just make me too angry. Did anything "important" happen with him and Julian today?

So did Mac and Felicia pay for an impromptu flight back to Port Charles for Maxie? The heck? Do they just chuck her a credit card and let her spend it however she wants?

Yep! Silly-ass Maxie is riding free on the Scorpio Express. They're still paying her rent and expenses too! When was the last time anyone remembers Maxie (among others) having a job? Her appearance at GH to "volunteer" is free and was the first time in aeons just so they could write her in with Nathan. I'll wait!

I would laugh if her next Big Conflict with Nathan is him being like, "real talk, I paid rent all year. Get a fuckin' job." It's what I'd write!

Your examples illustrate IMO one of the biggest problems with GH these days: the cast is too large. Because of that, and also due to Ron's ineptitude, he tries to tell too many stories simultaneously and thereby he tells thin stories made up of plot points. Two days ago was Christmas, now it's NYE. Are they still recounting the mayoral votes? What's Lucy been doing? Where's Bobbie? Ron plays lip service to using the vets, but he wants it all.

That is the bottom line, as I've said before. Ron wants it all, wants everyone and everything he wants on the canvas and in story and refuses to sacrifice anything, so he has it all - and loses too much. And then blames us for noticing. He says Frank reins him in, but Frank does not do enough.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

I'm trying to decide whether or not to watch today's episode or just delete it off the DVR.  Was there anything worth watching?

Anna and Dante and Jordan. And Ric, but you have to put up with Jake. Talk about tall, dark, and handsome.

Fake Luke was affected and annoying, Maxie had her fill of Georgie and was more than ready to go home and wore a great sweater. Her clothes have been awesome the last few times I've seen her.

• Love 2

Yep! Silly-ass Maxie is riding free on the Scorpio Express. They're still paying her rent and expenses too! When was the last time anyone remembers Maxie (among others) having a job? Her appearance at GH to "volunteer" is free and was the first time in aeons just so they could write her in with Nathan. I'll wait!

I would laugh if her next Big Conflict with Nathan is him being like, "real talk, I paid rent all year. Get a fuckin' job." It's what I'd write

No lie, I wouldn't complain about him for a month if that happened. Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I'm not watching any TG scenes at all anymore, they just make me too angry. Did anything "important" happen with him and Julian today?

Nothing important has ever happened with this story, and when something important does finally does happen, Ron will just retcon it all later when he gets bored or needs another bad guy conspiracy for sweeps.

• Love 6

Wellll...Julian didn't grab a machine gun and riddle the old slaggard's back with bullets until he was very much, most certainly, without question dead so...no, nothing of any importance happened between them.

• Love 8

How the hell can Ron just leave them to languish like this? It's criminalm

Ron can't show them on screen because they've been busy doing very naughty things to each other. Just like how Anna & Dante stopped for a quickie before going to see Jordan yesterday and then rushed off for another afterwards. Dante looked so peeved yesteray becsuse dealing with mob crap was interrupting his sexytime with the commissioner. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Fluke1 hands Julian a gun.  In my GH world, Julian checks to see if it's loaded.  If it is, he empties it in Fluke1. /end

Why did Shawn and Jordan let Carlos walk?  Why did Carlos walk instead of emptying his gun in their backs? 

And why are undercover agents having convos out in the open?  If it's not a public park, it's an open art gallery.  

The stupid, it burns.

• Love 3

I officially can't stand Jake.  He is easily the most boring character right now.  So "Jason Morgan" has been reduced to folding laundry and shoveling snow? RC has no clue as to who the character was or should be or more likely, he doesn't care.  HE wants to create 'new' characters on GH and to hell with the vet characters.  So Jake doesn't get one moment with Monica?  Not a single moment of possible connection between them?  Instead RC felt it was "more fun" to have Jake harass Sam about her NOT harassing him.  He walks over to her to essentially pick a fight, and she basically told him to go shoot himself - and the same for Liz.  

About Liz - Her smugness is beyond annoying at this point.  She gets into Sam's face when she did nothing to even try and engage Jake in conversation and had to tell both of them to grow up and move along.  Liz wants Jake in her world, but now that Ric is back, she's not sure, and yet, she kind of misses that Jake hasn't been around.  UGH!!!  I can't take Elizabeth wanting two men to pine over her again.  I.just.can't.

I am tired of the Jordan story and her constant "I want to tell the truth but I can't because I have to stay undercover" storyline.  Julian is actually a lot of fun lately since he doesn't care anymore about pleasing Alexis.  I would love to see Julian team up with the real Luke to bring down Fluke.  That would be great.

I did enjoy Spinelli and Maxie, and it was nice to see BA again.  I am also enjoying Nathan and Maxie but mostly because they are simply a fun, cute couple, and they are written to be just that.  They are not written to be more complex and mysterious than they are - see Jake (and Lake).  I have been watching GH for a long time, but I am starting to lose interest.  It was great when November sweeps started and now I'm just bored with most of the stories, and most of the new characters are bad too.

• Love 6

I'm so confused.  If all the flights from Portland were cancelled, presumably the incoming flights were as well; how in the hell did both Nathan and Maxie manage to get from/ to Portland?  I mean, why go to all the trouble to establish that Maxie could *not* get to Port Charles that night, just to then have her magically appear?  What is the point?  Overall, I also like the Maxie/ Nathan story because I think it's fun and I love that it's not mob-related at all.  Just a good ol' romance and hijinks story.

I also liked Ric's talk with Jake.  What he was saying made sense, and they talked like two actual adults in a crappy situation.  No one threatened to kill anyone, either, which I appreciated.

I suspect that Julian isn't going to actually kill Jordan, but I can't figure out where this going.  Of course, I've never understood or cared about this character-heavy but logic-light story anyway.  I just want to keep Julian.  

• Love 2

I'm so confused.  If all the flights from Portland were cancelled, presumably the incoming flights were as well; how in the hell did both Nathan and Maxie manage to get from/ to Portland?  I mean, why go to all the trouble to establish that Maxie could *not* get to Port Charles that night, just to then have her magically appear?  What is the point?  Overall, I also like the Maxie/ Nathan story because I think it's fun and I love that it's not mob-related at all.  Just a good ol' romance and hijinks story.

Gonna guess that Maxie drove to Redmond which is further inland and therefore no fog.  Nathan flew to Portland Maine, because he's special, and then by the time he got redirected, the fog lifted in Oregon.  Also guessing we're supposed to get the feels and think gift of the magi or star crossed lovers or something.

Maxie is still selfish.  Judge Walters got that right.  It's Maxie first and Maxie in the moment.  Spinelli is looking at his laptop and is making faces and noises and gets up and jumps away with the laptop.  Maxie is oblivious and keeps talking about herself.  eyeroll.  That's Maxie everyday all day.

I suspect that Julian isn't going to actually kill Jordan, but I can't figure out where this going.  Of course, I've never understood or cared about this character-heavy but logic-light story anyway.  I just want to keep Julian.

More Julian please.

• Love 3

UGH!!!  I can't take Elizabeth wanting two men to pine over her again.  I.just.can't.

Don't forget about Nik. Now that he's unattached, he'll of course go back to wanting her. Or is Ron really going to just have him continue to be a crappy parent to Spencer as his sole storyline? Who else would he be paired with?

I hear rumors that Liz would have her choice of numerous men in Port Charles. GAG ME.

• Love 1

For me, it's about time Liz had multiple offers, but I think it's more about not letting her have one true love until and if Frank and Ron decide to bring back Lucky in some form. Once Lucky decided he needed to find himself instead of being a father he lost that right, but I doubt tptb think that way.

• Love 6

Fluke1 hands Julian a gun.  In my GH world, Julian checks to see if it's loaded.  If it is, he empties it in Fluke1. /end

Why did Shawn and Jordan let Carlos walk?  Why did Carlos walk instead of emptying his gun in their backs? 

And why are undercover agents having convos out in the open?  If it's not a public park, it's an open art gallery.  

The stupid, it burns.

This show is being written so as to make us all as stupid as the characters are, that way we won't keep complaining. It's a conspiracy...what? My tinfoil hat? It's the new thing in...

• Love 6

Imo we should have began the moment Monica turned around and faced original AJ Quartermaine. It was that moment that Ron bought us into sedation. It's been downhill since, as we've been sitting and watching awaiting another omg yaaas! moment like that. Sonny going to prison, I'm Micheal Quartermaine are close- but nothing was as holy shit this dude really did that we have hope omg there's a change as much as that moment did. Now we have our tinfoil hats on, not knowing if we want our favs in front burner stories or on a better shows.

So yes, Ron, you fucked up by killing original AJ. Send Sean Kanan a fruit basket and pray he goes on recurring.

But no matter, we had that renowned thespian, Mr. Anthony Geary, giving us just OODLES of his talent on display.  I mean, did you all not swoon when he came into the gallery and emoted

"JEWWWWWWWWWELLLLLS!  WHHHHHHHHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOING INSIDE ON SUCH A FINNNNNNNNNNNNE DAAAYYAAAAAYYAAAAAY?"  Because nothing says talent like sounding like Mr. Moose from Captain Kangaroo.  Of course, he's got all the sex appeal of Mr. Greenjeans, so we're getting the total Geary package these days.  What a treat!  And just think - we have MONTHS and MONTHS of more and more of this.......yeah, I can't wait.

Preach it, Fellow believer! Ron has reset the whole Geary Swansong and is nonchalantly replaying it, now that Geary can participate, assuming we are too stupid to notice (or are bug-eyed over Alexis's girls). So False Luke's Christmas present would have been Jordan's DEATH? Give me a break.

Maxie is beyond selfish. She herself is mooching off her parents for every fashion, and raking big-girl lipstick across her face. And Spinelli and Elly are saddled with raising Maxie's kid. No time for being a grown-up for Maxie!

• Love 2

For me, it's about time Liz had multiple offers, but I think it's more about not letting her have one true love until and if Frank and Ron decide to bring back Lucky in some form. Once Lucky decided he needed to find himself instead of being a father he lost that right, but I doubt tptb think that way.

IMO, that's crap. She had AJ and Nik both panting after her last year and now Jake is up her ass right after Nik came sniffing back around and now it's Ric versus Jake.

And let's not forget St. Jasus versus GV's Lucky (when we were supposed to believe that GV's Lucky was the more undesirable choice, SMH), and she was jumping Nik's bones while Lucky was bending over backwards trying to prove himself worthy of her worthless ass. But that was a while ago.

Liz has not exactly been bereft of male attention in the last year and a half.

• Love 4

Liz needs to join a nunnery. She has had more than enough male worship. And 9 times out of 10, she hasn't deserved it.

She has in spades with Ric. Almost with her life when he tried to smoother her. She still can't take birth control pill because of him.

But hey, LiRic have chemistry so by all means ....

She has in spades with Ric. Almost with her life when he tried to smoother her. She still can't take birth control pill because of him.

There are more forms of birth control than pills. Liz should look it up, but her uterus should be closed for business. As for LiRic, whatever. Never liked them.

• Love 1

To be fair to Lucky, didn't he decide to find himself after she and Nikolas did the Mexican Hat Dance all over his feelings with their disgusting affair? Given that that was the second time he didn't know if her kid was his, the first time being with Jason, I don't hold it against him for wanting to take a breather. As for being a deadbeat dad, when was the last time Liz spent time with Cam and....and....fuck it, you know what his name is. The other one.

• Love 7

There are more forms of birth control than pills. Liz should look it up, but her uterus should be closed for business. As for LiRic, whatever. Never liked them.

That is why I specified birth control pills. She couldn't take any at of them a few years ago iic.

To be fair to Lucky, didn't he decide to find himself after she and Nikolas did the Mexican Hat Dance all over his feelings with their disgusting affair? Given that that was the second time he didn't know if her kid was his, the first time being with Jason, I don't hold it against him for wanting to take a breather. As for being a deadbeat dad, when was the last time Liz spent time with Cam and....and....fuck it, you know what his name is. The other one.

I don't get why it appears to be a far gone conclusion that Lucky would be her  last stop if/when he returns. She's a huge part of why he left town, he couldn't stand breathe the same air as her.

She's stuck with Ric or Nik. Now newly minted Jakeson is a real contender.

I don't get why it appears to be a far gone conclusion that Lucky would be her  last stop if/when he returns. She's a huge part of why he left town, he couldn't stand breathe the same air as her.

She's stuck with Ric or Nik. Now newly minted Jakeson is a real contender.

But that's what I was saying. I don't understand - or agree with - the idea that Lucky skipped town for fun or because of reasons. He did it because she, and his brother, yanked his guts out. I don't care if she was acting like just being within ten feet of Nik made her want to barf. If she felt like that about it, she could have stayed the hell away from him.

• Love 5

Fluke was interesting at the beginning but it's getting on my last nerve. When,will.it.end?! The only way I would care how it ended if Laura came back and would be the only one who would know Fluke isn't Luke. Other than that, I'm out until it's over.

• Love 3
So yes, Ron, you fucked up by killing original AJ. Send Sean Kanan a fruit basket and pray he goes on recurring.

I wouldn't wish that for Sean Kanan.  He likes being on B&B.  RC fucked up but SK deserves a storyline on the current show he is on.  He's already been f'd over once. He deserves better from at least one of the shows that went out of their way to ask him back.

• Love 1

Liz has not exactly been bereft of male attention in the last year and a half.

Those men were unstable or possessive/entitled concerning Elizabeth. My problem with AJ is that Liz was in the position to build up a guy's self esteem, like she had been with GV's Lucky. Like Lucky, AJ had a substance abuse issue. AJ was hurt and angry re: Elizabeth, so he had hate sex with Carly. The guy had no clue how to be in a healthy adult relationship. Nikolas returns to Port Charles and is all "I never got over you; we should be together." He was like AJ sucks, of course Liz is better off with me than that loser. We belong together. 

Neither was a good choice for Elizabeth. Now the writers have Elizabeth instantly in love with her ex-husband Ric, with no build-up. She was right to be weary of him when he just re-appeared back in her life after all the lies and pain of the past. She's had a third son and lost her second in the time since she last saw him. She was uncertain about giving him another chance around the time of the 2014 Nurse's Ball; certainly there was no moment to show she had gotten past it, felt he had really demonstrated she could trust him now, and was in love again. The one line we got - in conversation with Nikolas - was "maybe" she could love him again/they could love each other again. Yet what sticks out in my mind is after Liz's testimony in Jason's trial, when Jake was an infant, Elizabeth told Ric he was cruel and everyone in her life had warned her he was bad news. 

The writing we have now, that Elizabeth and Ric are acting like a couple in love and are happy, and since her loneliness has evaporated she's lost interest in a guy she didn't know anything about to begin with, is baffling. . It's soooo WTF - I agree with the poster who said the writers are making Liz look totally fickle re: men and Maxie totally fickle re: baby Georgie. Both women look really bad. 

Ric told "Jake" he loves Elizabeth and her sons. We can guess he got to know Aiden a little in 2014 before Anna and Nathan faked his death - but there was not a single scene of him being cute with the kid. Now he's been back about a week. It feels contrived/inexplicably instant this time around, like Michael and Kiki's 'great love.' And it made it even more glaringly obvious to me because Elizabeth didn't have an organic conversation about it with one of her girlfriends like she once would have; she talked about it with her supervisor, Epiphany. I miss Elizabeth and Robin's friendship. 

• Love 1

And it made it even more glaringly obvious to me because Elizabeth didn't have an organic conversation about it with one of her girlfriends like she once would have; she talked about it with her supervisor, Epiphany. I miss Elizabeth and Robin's friendship.

I think Liz having a girlfriend would go a long way in helping me not hate her. Does she even have any female friends?

I think Liz having a girlfriend would go a long way in helping me not hate her. Does she even have any female friends?

Emily is dead and Robin is off enjoying three hots and a cot in Paris. If Sabrina had actually been Liz's friend, rather than Liz being one of Sabrina's main proppers, perhaps Liz could talk to her. Piph is the closest thing Liz has to a female friend these days. Then again, hardly anyone is allowed friendships that don't revolve around plot points.

• Love 5

Peach - It used to be that (the OBGYN) Kelly Lee, (the shrink) Lainey and Robin and Emily were Liz's friends, with Emily as bestie until her death. Then Robin and Liz were essentially each other's only/best friends. There were a couple of half-assed attempts at making Elizabeth and Sabrina friends in the last year or so, but it was just weird because Elizabeth was the older nurse and close friend of Patrick while Sabrina came off as this girl with a crush on Patrick who was inept about discussing men and adult relationships with Elizabeth. It looked like an adult trying to be nice to/befriend a kid who belonged in school instead of in patients' rooms.

• Love 1

Also, let's not forget that Elizabeth has only made friends with women who kissed her ass or who weren't clear competition for anyone she wasn't panting over/who wasn't panting over her. She's a lot like Carly that way, just not quite as rigid with those rules.

Sabrina was an aberration in that Liz was put in the position of kissing HER ass at every turn.

• Love 1

That is the bottom line, as I've said before. Ron wants it all, wants everyone and everything he wants on the canvas and in story and refuses to sacrifice anything

My problem with this line of thought is that should Ron/TPTB do decide to start "sacrificing" characters, the characters they will decide to sacrifice will not be the characters we want them to sacrifice.

• Love 3

Emily was her best friend until she died and Liz climbed on top her soulmate. 

With regards to her friendship with Robin, she was more of a  friend to Patrick than she to Robin. She picked his side all day long and every Sunday.

Cobalt Stargazer we are saying the same thing re; Lucky's return.

There are more forms of birth control than pills. Liz should look it up, but her uterus should be closed for business.

Please please PLEASE let Ric, Jakeson, Nik, and any other man who has sex with Liz wear super expensive premium condoms not made by ELQ.

• Love 3

With regards to her friendship with Robin, she was more of a  friend to Patrick than she to Robin. She picked his side all day long and every Sunday.

Liz was hardly alone in that regard.  Robin's own mother told her she was lucky to have Patrick.

Also, let's not forget that Elizabeth has only made friends with women who kissed her ass or who weren't clear competition for anyone she wasn't panting over/who wasn't panting over her. She's a lot like Carly that way, just not quite as rigid with those rules.

Sabrina was an aberration in that Liz was put in the position of kissing HER ass at every turn.

I don't think this is isolated to Liz or Carly, though being two female characters with long, continuous histories on the show, they are obvious in this regard. Many of the ladies on GH don't have female friends or they haven't gotten along with their 'rivals.' Lulu/Maxie is the only friendship I can think of where it got messy and catty and they were able to become friends despite boys and other drama.

I'm trying to think of current female friendships on this show at all and I'm drawing a blank. Carly/Olivia were at one point, I guess? Sabrina/Liz? Sam used to be friends with Maxie years ago during but have they talked recently? If I don't count relationships between relatives, it's a sad situation overall. I think this is more a systemic problem tbh.

Edited by loveigniting
  • Love 2