Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think he's stayed in prison because of the skin care.  He's never looked so good.  Must be the food - and a higher grade of goon than Port Charles can supply.

Hee, now I have an image of his goons following him around the prison yard with umbrellas to keep the sun's rays off his delicate skin.

At least none of them have to wear pigtails as one would on OZ.

ETA:

Oh and come to think of it do Johnny's goons also moonlight as the guards at the prison now?

Honestly the way Sonny was just wandering around and taking out his Oral-B shiv to threaten Johnny with and yet there wasn't a single guard to be seen anywhere.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

That should be Cole and Hope. Starr the root vegetable lived to grace Port Charles with her presence.

I was being facetious, magnolia11, Before the PP deal/fiasco/what-have-you, Cole and Hope were on GH when Starr was around, but after Ron could no longer use the characters, they were excised from ever having existed in Port Charles. :-)

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 3

Actually watching the Sonny/Johnny on monday and the Sonny/Carly scenes yesterday apparently exceeded my Sonny tolerance, so what happened today? Sonny held a nailfile to Johnny's throat so now he is the big bad? (this is what I got as I was FFing) and what are y'all saying about Ric?

• Love 1

hmm.. I actually think the same sex characters have the best chemistry on the show.

Liz and Sam

Nina and Ava

Maxie and Old Lulu

Sam and Maxie (what happened to their friendship?)

I know Liz has this unhealthy relationship with Jakeson but considering no one knows his past, I don't understand why she didn't at least think about what Sam was trying to tell her. Especially, since she has her kids around this man, Sam's concerns should've at least elicited some kind of consideration.

I loved seeing Ava with her beautiful baby and that baby makes me think about babies, until the commercial break then I'm back to being selfish. 

I know, I know, I'm biased when it comes to MW, but no one even remembers that Connie lady and didn't she do some bad stuff and blame it on her illness? I'm hoping Ron has some non creative way to get Ava out of this. I don't want those minions raising her baby.

I agree with other posters who liked Silas' interaction with Nina. I felt he handled it really well and it was nice to see this side of him. I usually don't care for Silas but I enjoyed him today.

• Love 4
This Johnny stuff is hard to watch. I don't see how anyone can get satisfaction out of it. If you despise Sonny how can you enjoy someone who acts just like him and if you like Sonny it is hard to see him struggle against a thug like Johnny. I just really don't like him.

Except that Johnny isn't just like Sonny, IMO. Sure, he's a mobster, but unlike Sonny he doesn't bleat about his "code" and how "honorable" he is. Only Sonny wouldn't see the hypocrisy in telling Michael "You know how much I care about women" or whatever he said when he's spent years abusing, degrading, and debasing almost every woman he meets, including Carly if you count the Bullet Of Love. Was AJ choking Ava? Sure. Did Sonny rescue her out of some sense of nobility because he hates that kind of behavior? Not as far as I'm concerned, particularly since after Sonny sexed her on the grave of the man he shot in cold blood and possibly fathered her child, his intention was to kidnap her, then wait until she gave birth and murder her himself. What was he saving Ava's life for, so he could get the pleasure of killing her instead of AJ?

Also, Connie herself was a killer, since didn't she run her own son off of the road while in one of her fugue states or something? By Sonny's logic, it should be perfectly okay to kill her, since that was his rationale for killing AJ. And further, Michael should have the right to kill Sonny,, since Sonny killed AJ. A life for a life is a blanket statement, not a case-by-case scenario. I know AJ was a fat drunk (shut up, Carly) but if avenging someone's death means that the killer should be  killed, then when does Sonny get his Bullet Of Love?

• Love 21

AJ was not fat, Ron! (Had to get that out. Quote Dandy Mott "I AM AMERICA! ") Anyway, that's off my chest. How can I hate Sonny more than Johnny?

- Karen Wexler. Johnny never told a girl she liked being molested as a child. Nor did he take a college kid and get her hooked in drugs and booze to throw her on stage for stripping, to screw her and when she left cried about her abandoning him. Connie pursued Johnny relentlessly. He relented after Sonny kept on pushing and pushing and was like well screw you. But did apologize to Connie.

-Johnny didn't choose the thug life. He was born in it. Forced in it. Sonny chose it, owned it, ate it, bought the tee shirt. IIt's more important than his kids, wives, and baby mamas.

- Johnny had the opportunity to take advantage of brain damaged, traumatized Micheal who wanted in the mob like people want ice water. Sound familiar? See, Micheal was raped, shot....wanted to prove he was a man. Johnny refused to give him a job and protected him. Kept him out of the mob life, which is what he wished his family would have done for him.

So when I see Johnny "bullying" "poor" Sonny, I don't care. I've seen decades of Sonny bully women,children, elderly, and probably animals offscreen. Sonny murdered AJ for not self defense. But because he hated him. Sonny is human scum. He's not a magical flawed romantic hero. He's responsible for No Scorpios, No Quartermaines, No Webbers, No Hospital because ever since the writers (Hi Guza!) got a collective hard on for a decent recurring or short term character, the show took a turn towards bs.

So, please let us usher in the End Of Sonny. More doctors, cops, and detectives and businesspeople. Less mobsters with a heart of cubic zirconia.

• Love 22
I thought both Sam and Liz were kind of snotty in their interaction today.   I HATE HATE that we are in for yet round 700 of Sam vs Liz.

Bring it on.  There's about zilch (plywood was shot) going on right now that doesn't involve violence or kidnapping or babies.  I enjoy Liz and can't stand smug Sam.  Although I am not too keen that, being the fierce breadwinner for her kids that she is, that she wouldn't go mama bear over them and kick Jason-with-a-smile to the curb.   I'd much rather watch these two than Sonny, Franco, or Carly. The camera angles couldn't even make Liz look fat from any direction and she even made Sam appear 'normal' size.

While I CANNOT stand the continual wallowing in violence that RC/FV think is true to this show's (General HOSPITAL) roots,  Ava, Carlos, and Julian have been enjoyable to watch.

Two mentions of Kristina yesterday.

Eight divided by twenty-four is .33333.  That is the amount of time left on Michelle Stafford's contract.  Baby story - check.  So what are they going to do with a character that NO ONE CARES about that didn't come cheaply for the next 18 months? 

ETA:  see what #uGH does to my brain.  Eight divided by twenty-four is .3333.   That means that we have .6666 left of that character that NO ONE CARES about.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 7

It just seems to me if the reason someone doesn't like Sonny is b/c he is a mob boss who does bad mob things like running drugs, kidnapping, tauting, roughing up and killing people then how can you like a different character who does the same damn thing

For me, it's as simple as I like Maura & Brandon, and I don't like Mo.

It's just like with Nina & Franco kidnapping a baby as opposed to The Panic Room; I like Ric, and I dont lime Michelle & Roger.

The same thing applies to victims of crimes. I like AJ and want his killer to pay but I don't give a shot if Kannie's killer does, because I like Sean and don't like Kelly.

ETA: when I say I "like" or "don't like" someone, I mean as an actor. I know very little about these folks personal lives. But I do know when I enjoy watching someone's performance.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7

I was sickened, but not surprised by the Friday Carly scenes.  I've hated this character since her arrival in the 1990s, through all the recasts.  Through every writing regime, they try to make her look like a fierce, not perfect, bitch who loves her family, but I know that's bullshit.  She has always been a narcissistic schemer asshole.  Watch old Robin/Carly confrontations for how infuriating Carly is.  Michael is right on about his mom, but they're creating their whitewashed 99th version of Carly with Jakeson by her side.  Oh, how he'll defend her to Michael, puke.  Why can't these writers have her be a straight up villain?  Why can't Ron be the writer, yeah right, to finally realize how one-sided and really dysfunctional the Jason/Carly "friendship" was.  He never cared about her, he just wanted her to shut up and tolerated her because of Michael.  I wanted to reach through the screen yesterday and throttle the bitch.

Does no one care about AJ but Michael and Monica?  By the writers only having Michael, as Monica's barely on screen, saying anything bad against Carly, she's going to win in the end, like she always does.  That's why I truly hate her, bitch never loses.   For example, was it always necessary for Patrick to be friendly to Carly, which clearly diminished Robin's hatred of her.  ugh!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 14

For me, it's as simple as I like Maura & Brandon, and I don't like Mo.

It's just like with Nina & Franco kidnapping a baby as opposed to The Panic Room; I like Ric, and I dont lime Michelle & Roger.

The same thing applies to victims of crimes. I like AJ and want his killer to pay but I don't give a shot if Kannie's killer does, because I like Sean and don't like Kelly.

ETA: when I say I "like" or "don't like" someone, I mean as an actor. I know very little about these folks personal lives. But I do know when I enjoy watching someone's performance.

I totally get this b/c that is how I feel about Ava, Patrick and Carly. I don't like MW,JT and LW acting style so it adds to my dislike of the characters.

It seems b/c Sonny has been around so long and done so many different bad things everyone has a different reason for their dislike of him. I can certainly understand this and it makes me see better the Sonny hate isn't cut and dried it is also multisided.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post, I didn't mean to make anyone feel they had to justify their opinion so I hope it didn't come across that way it was more just my musings.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 3

Someone from my position at least knows Sonny to be multisided whereas this wise guy seems all bad and a common prison thug. yuck!

It's already been said, but some of us had to suffer through years of Sonny being treated as a 'a good man' and 'a good father' and a hero and various bullshit while he went around being a smug, abusive, misogynistic asshole. Hell, they are still trying to paint Sonny as a good, selfless man now! And he is anything but good. Johnny has actually shown real remorse and guilt over his lifestyle, yet we're supposed to see him, like all the other 'bad' mobsters brought on to make Sonny look good, as a despicable person.

Plus on for my own part I think Maurice Benard is a pretty poor actor at this point, and Brandon Barash is a much better one, imo.

Also this.

So nope, Johnny Zacchara will always be more than one step above Mumbles the Moobster.  

Always and forever.

Does no one care about AJ but Michael and Monica? 

No.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

I like Roger Howarth. I know he has talent. I just think he's been woefully miscast. But at least post-I wub Cawwleee he's actually trying. I can't help but be drawn into his acting and his story. I believe his Franco and OG Franco are two different people because they've been portrayed differently. Would I prefer him as Stephen Lars or an AJ recast or a Cassadine? Yes. Hell yes. But you take what you got. I also don't mind MSt now because she's made me believe the shit writing. I get it's got to suck bad that your mom not only betrayed you for money, but treated a kid that wasn't hers way better than you. Then she orchestrated your husband's affair, killed your baby, and took 20 years away from your life. Anyone would go crazy. The Franco/Nina thing works because it's organic and not forced. And I don't even hate Silas. I'd like to see Silas confront his feelings for his wife. I'd like to know why Magda coddled James, and why is Nina not resentful.

On the flip side, I don't care, never cared about Connie. She was a succubus. One day she cried on the docks in a bloody wedding dress, then boom ruined Ewan. Which affected Liz. She messed with Johnny, stabbed a cake, admittted to killing a baby and teen that now never existed, and murdered her own child. After trying to kill him when he was an infant. We lost a handful of interesting characters for one useless character who ended up getting shot and forgotten. I don't care about Ghost Wedding, Ghost Connie, not Victim Connie. She should have stayed Kate. Or gone.

I care about AJ because I've watched and rooted for AJ for years. I've rooted for his parents, members of his family. Despite what Guza nor any other alleged writer worshipping at the altar at Sonny Corinthos tried to do, AJ came out sympathetic imo. Achievement fail,writers.

• Love 7

I guess I am the strange one who doesn't like or dislike either Sonny or Johnny. There are times when I hate them and there are times when I outright love them. I am like that with many of the established characters. 

Johnny had me THIRSTY for JoMax. I love Maxie and I was willing to compromise her character for my ship to sail. I didn't care all that much for Lulu, Maxie was more BFFs with Sam anyway.

Johnny  is a worthy opponent for Sonny in spite of all the propping Sonny gets. For that alone, I appreciate Johnny. On the other hand, it grounds Sonny and I like that too. If TPTB care so much about having Sonny be the top dog of all top dogs, they won't cast a charismatic man who is half Mo's age to go against him. No way in hell.  Sonny's lost half the battle by the casting choice already. 

It is nice to have one or a few viable naysayers for people like Sonny who seem to never pay for things they do. Johnny is one of Sonny's. Ironically, Johnny liked and got along with Jason, and was in love with Carly. Ironic because I consider those three everything that is wrong with GH. With Carly and Jason hedging out Sonny by plenty because unlike Sonny, those two are truly above it all.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

If TPTB care so much about having Sonny be the top dog of all top dogs, they won't cast a charismatic man who is half Mo's age to go against him. No way in hell.  Sonny's lost half the battle by the casting choice already.

How do you explain TK as Alcazar? Although that was Guza, so it's not particularly relevant. And they did end up firing him because he was totally hotter and better than MB/Sonny and they realized people weren't stupid/blind and weren't gonna drink the kool aid.

Ironically, Johnny liked and got along with Jason, and was in love with Carly.

Don't remind me!

Julian Jerome will forever and always be my favorite male GH character for one reason -11/12/13, a day that will live in infamy, "I don't want Carly. I never have."

Truly the most amazing thing that has ever happened on this show TBH.

• Love 4
How do you explain TK as Alcazar? Although that was Guza, so it's not particularly relevant. And they did end up firing him because he was totally hotter and better than MB/Sonny and they realized people weren't stupid/blind and weren't gonna drink the kool aid.

This is not a fact, it is speculation. There could be a number of reasons why Alcazar was written out. Unless we know facts, we can only speculate. The fact that BBr was hired, written out and is back debunks that speculation.

If I am inclined, I can replace SBu with MB and Jason with Sonny. He'd be a more accurate bet IMO. 

• Love 2
Julian Jerome will forever and always be my favorite male GH character for one reason -11/12/13, a day that will live in infamy, "I don't want Carly. I never have."

I remember that, it's what turned me into a full on Julian fan. The fact that he only saw Carly as a means to an end, nothing more. Finally a man who didn't fall under the Carly spell as so many have, it was truly a beautiful moment. I could forgive him any sin based on that.

In fact it's that sort of reaction to Carly that makes scenes such as the ones had between Carly and Jakson so disturbing and nauseating to me. 

Carly is a foul, selfish human being and yet if anyone dares to try and call her out on her crap, on her behaviour and attitude, there's always someone there to "defend her honour". It's vile.

Jake doesn't know Carly any better than the doorman at the Metro Court but yet he can tell that she's worth saving, she's worth sticking up for, she's worth dislocating a man's shoulder over, GTFO with that nonsense.

• Love 8

What he knows about Carly should turn him off her. He knows she married a guy who terrorized her family and friends, cheated on him with a man who killed her son's biological father and help cover it up.

Maybe it is her smile, but there is not a single appealing thing about Carly that this guy like about her.

If I want to, I can fanwank that he is kissing up to his potential boss. Except Carly wasn't around to hear him tell Sam he feels sorry for her.  

Listen, they are going to screw sooner rather than later. I can only hope they stay together for the sake of confinement. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't think they'd be stupid enough to hire a young, hot actor to play the lesser to Sonny either, but they have and they did again. TPTB are stupid and terrible, then and now!

But maybe they will have Sonny lose to Johnny and not come out of this whole thing as a hero. LOL I could barely get that out!

• Love 3
Also, Connie herself was a killer, since didn't she run her own son off of the road while in one of her fugue states or something? By Sonny's logic, it should be perfectly okay to kill her, since that was his rationale for killing AJ. And further, Michael should have the right to kill Sonny,, since Sonny killed AJ. A life for a life is a blanket statement, not a case-by-case scenario. I know AJ was a fat drunk (shut up, Carly) but if avenging someone's death means that the killer should be  killed, then when does Sonny get his Bullet Of Love?

If Sonny really wanted to be selfless and do the right thing by Michael (according to Sonny's code), he should off himself.  

Julian not being remotely into that shebeast is most definitely a point in his favor.  There are so few people in town who should be remotely OK with her, and I hate that she's not subjected to constant disdain everywhere she goes.  

• Love 4

I wish AJ would have once been able to yell at Carly "At least I didn't want to be raised in a whorehouse! At least I don't thrive on people's misery nor my own drama! I've been trying to better myself! "

But knowing Carly, she'd either get turned on or think he was hitting on her.

What I don't get is if she misses Micheal so damned much, why not apologize?

• Love 2

I wish AJ would have once been able to yell at Carly "At least I didn't want to be raised in a whorehouse! At least I don't thrive on people's misery nor my own drama! I've been trying to better myself!"

He did have that great line about how Carly could have pulled him up, but she pushed him down instead.

• Love 3

Julian not being remotely into that shebeast is most definitely a point in his favor.  There are so few people in town who should be remotely OK with her, and I hate that she's not subjected to constant disdain everywhere she goes.  

Why don't writers understand that just showing a little bit of someone, anyone treating Carly/Sonny/Jason as the despicable people they are would go such a long way in making them not insufferable to watch?

Man, I am so dreading the day everyone finds out Jake is Jason. I might have to hit the barge for a little while.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Why don't writers understand that just showing a little bit of someone, anyone treating Carly/Sonny/Jason as the despicable people they are would go such a long way in making them not insufferable to watch?

Man, I am so dreading the day everyone finds out Jake is Jason. I might have to hit the barge for a little while.

Tracy ALWAYS let them know they are despicable..

One of my favorite quotes by Tracy, "Oh, look! Pride of the Quartermaine's, Jason, the professional killer."

• Love 8

Tracy ALWAYS let them know they are despicable..

One of my favorite quotes by Tracy, "Oh, look! Pride of the Quartermaine's, Jason, the professional killer."

And I always got the impression we were supposed to think "oh, that's just Tracy being Tracy.  She's always a bitch to everyone."  Any time someone was rightfully pissy with them, we were supposed to see them as being unreasonable or petty.  It was always "Sonny and Carly are good parents!"  "Jason is a hero!" "Sonny and Jason only go after bad guys!" "Sonny is religious!  He donates money to good causes!" "Sonny feels super bad for what he's done!" 

• Love 9

Except, um, weren't they in Canada? I don't think PCPD jurisdiction extends that far. If the facts I've gleaned from living near Canada and watching Law and Order are correct, the RCMP would have to arrest the wrongdoers and then extradite them to the US. So, technically the ineptitude string for the PCPD is still unbroken.

Up till now, GH has treated Canada as lawless - that is, you escaped over the border and the PCPD was out of luck and had to give up.  In GH land there was no extradition with Canada, even.  Or anywhere.  I remember Jax getting someone a flight out of the country.  All you had to do was get out of the US and the PCPD was completely out of luck.  Now, GHCanada is allowing the PCPD over the border to make arrests.  Modern times!  

• Love 3

You know I got thinking upon Carly's ramblings to Jakeson on Fridays' show her lack of self-awareness is truly astounding. Everything she said to him about Sonny not giving her a choice, trying to protect her the list goes on is exactly how her and Sonny treated Michael. Does she not get that?? Holy crap, do the writers know they are writing as the most hypocritical character possibly that ever lived on a fictional show? 

Franco and TheNina, ugh please just write them out. I like RH a lot but this role has not done him any favors even Todd Manning couldn't write himself out of the hole he is in. MSt also needs to go, GH did a serious misstep writing her as cray cray.

MW has really grown on me last number of weeks, she really is a good actress and I can even forgive Ava for all the crap she's done. Silas too, I'm enjoying him now possibly because he doesn't have a love interest and I find him better off without one most of the time.

Damn that cute baby, my ovaries literally hurt over the cuteness

Johnny got better looking I swear but I want him out of Pentonville, preferably at Maxie's door.

• Love 10

I want to shoot so many of you with bullets of love today!

To add to my earlier rant, I've decided that if this whole evil twin with a bad accent story had been given to Fin, Dom, or Jason, I would be eating it up with Marie & Frank Barone's giant spoon.

And no, that is not a sexual metaphor or metaphor at all.

Alas, I instead find myself annoyed at La Geary's latest vanity project.

And at this point, I think I'd rather see KA in the a dual role. At east if she did an accent, she would pick one and stick to it instead of using a different accent in every scene.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

I just really hope Sam follows up her Jakeson suspicions by checking the places he said he went to apply for jobs.  He gave her the list, it should be simple to check out.  Then she can rub it in smuggy's face when she finds out he lied.

• Love 1

I'm trying to figure out who will have to eat crow between Smug1 and Smug2. Will it be Liz for finding out Jake really is a trained killer or Sam for finding out the evil trained killer is really her beloved husband?

I don't care for either character but I kind of like their inmature and petty bickering. Neither is going to be so smug when the truth comes out. Lose/lose for them is funny for me!

• Love 5

Just re-watched Fri's ep and didn't hear Silas tell Nina he loved her.  Did I miss it twice?  He said everything but.  And smooth work getting the baby away from Nina and comforting her.  Franco told Kaka he loved her. 

I love Johnny (miss the scruff) and any shade, verbal or physical, he throw's Sonny's way is fine by me.  *small voice*  I liked the hair....very late 50-early 60's Elvis/Teddy Boy hair.

Also love Carrrrlos (I likes me some bad boys) but the hair has to change.  I'll wash it....no charge.  Hell, I'll throw in a free massage.

Glad Ava got to hold the baby.  ITA that kid is adorable. 

I'm also a RoHo fan and he was horribly miscast/wasted as Franco.  He would have been so perfect in the GH sphere.  Snarky doctor is right up his alley.

I like Liz in general but she did turn on a dime with Sam when she said Jakeson may be the guy.  My first thought was  "Uh, defensive much?".  But now she'll be looking for signs.

Carly does need a bolt of lightning when she goes into one of her rants.  Honey, you are not the center of anyone's universe except your own.

• Love 5

I'm trying to figure out who will have to eat crow between Smug1 and Smug2. Will it be Liz for finding out Jake really is a trained killer or Sam for finding out the evil trained killer is really her beloved husband?

I don't care for either character but I kind of like their inmature and petty bickering. Neither is going to be so smug when the truth comes out. Lose/lose for them is funny for me!

Lol, I thought it was weird that they both got super mad in like, .02 seconds. I guess it's their history at work.

• Love 2

Dante doing the arresting today really bugged. Do they even have the same Miranda rights in Canada? I realize they are not going to show fighting extradition, but would it have been so hard to show the Mounties doing the arresting and then handing them over.

This is killing me. They need to exit my country a.s.a.p. And don't come back without a warrant! 

AJ was not fat, Ron! (Had to get that out. Quote Dandy Mott "I AM AMERICA! ") Anyway, that's off my chest. How can I hate Sonny more than Johnny?

- Karen Wexler. Johnny never told a girl she liked being molested as a child. Nor did he take a college kid and get her hooked in drugs and booze to throw her on stage for stripping, to screw her and when she left cried about her abandoning him. Connie pursued Johnny relentlessly. He relented after Sonny kept on pushing and pushing and was like well screw you. But did apologize to Connie.

-Johnny didn't choose the thug life. He was born in it. Forced in it. Sonny chose it, owned it, ate it, bought the tee shirt. IIt's more important than his kids, wives, and baby mamas.

- Johnny had the opportunity to take advantage of brain damaged, traumatized Micheal who wanted in the mob like people want ice water. Sound familiar? See, Micheal was raped, shot....wanted to prove he was a man. Johnny refused to give him a job and protected him. Kept him out of the mob life, which is what he wished his family would have done for him.

So when I see Johnny "bullying" "poor" Sonny, I don't care. I've seen decades of Sonny bully women,children, elderly, and probably animals offscreen. Sonny murdered AJ for not self defense. But because he hated him. Sonny is human scum. He's not a magical flawed romantic hero. He's responsible for No Scorpios, No Quartermaines, No Webbers, No Hospital because ever since the writers (Hi Guza!) got a collective hard on for a decent recurring or short term character, the show took a turn towards bs.

So, please let us usher in the End Of Sonny. More doctors, cops, and detectives and businesspeople. Less mobsters with a heart of cubic zirconia.

I would like to have your baby please. 

I might be easy, but I'm not cheap.

Yeah that was a pretty great moment in GH history. ( But I still don't get why he was shirtless in his cell. You can't make jail sexy) 

Carlos? You look like a bruja yourself with that hair. Dios Mio! Too much gel! 

• Love 3
Morgan grabbing Nina (still lol-ing, idk why that had me in hysterics

Because it looked like all Nina had to do was head butt Morgan and she'd be free? Nina may be skinny, but she's scrappy. I wouldn't bet against her in a fight. Hee. 

stabbed a cake

A heinous crime for which Connie never paid.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Johnny is back, how am I supposed to quit you now GH?! *spits*

No worries, I don't think he's back for that long. Certainly not on any full-time basis. Just a brief stay.

Maybe it's my residual KeMo/Sam love and my annoyance of St. Lizzie, but I didn't think Sam was smug at all. She was diplomatic, asked Liz why she thought it couldn't possibly be Jake (without bitchface) and then said they could agree to disagree. *shrugs* No smug here.

• Love 6

I find Sam and KeMo both smug, but that could just be her acting choices.  I completely can see why Liz is prone to think Sam is wrong about Jakeson. As has been pointed out many times Liz has spent pretty much every day with him since he showed up in the ER. Sam has met him maybe 3 times? Yes, Liz is wrong, but the Jake she knows (minus the mind control) has shown nothing to indicate that he could be the guy from the hostage situation. If anything, why didn't Sam feel something when he was holding her?

• Love 3
but I didn't think Sam was smug at all

I think it is funny. Sam has been accused of many things, smug is a new one. It could take hold like the lethargic acting choice KeMO is widely accused of. Both are inaccurate, but it is all about perception. 

• Love 1

My guess would be that Sam's terror over having a man hold a gun on her would have kept her from feeling much else but panicked and pissed off. The way Jake behaves and acts wouldn't trigger Sam's memories of Jason, imho, because he's acting nothing like the man she spent a near decade with.

He doesn't have his personality and doesn't have his face, guessing that he might be Jason really doesn't make sense unless she's some sort of psychic or mind reader. 

Sam doesn't know Jake which makes him a perfect suspect in her mind and she's trying to follow up on a lead, she isn't just targeting him because he's the new guy in town. She believes his voice matches the voice of her attacker and she's looking into it and trying to find proof that might either clear him or prove that he did it.

And since she herself grew up as a con artist she knows full well that people make it their life's work to get one over on the unsuspecting, who play people, who seem trustworthy and loyal. Liz can have all the trust in the world that Jake would never and could never, Sam wants actual proof and evidence and she's entitled to that at least for her own peace of mind.

Though once the truth does come out...*sighs*

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 8

I'm assuming Jason will get a pass for whatever crimes he commits while under Helena's influence. And he was already a trained killer when Sam married him so...

I completely can see why Liz is prone to think Sam is wrong about Jakeson. As has been pointed out many times Liz has spent pretty much every day with him since he showed up in the ER. Sam has met him maybe 3 times? Yes, Liz is wrong, but the Jake she knows (minus the mind control) has shown nothing to indicate that he could be the guy from the hostage situation.

Liz is a dumbass for acting like Jakeson can't possibly be a bad guy. To her he's a complete stranger - she knows very little about him and knows absolutely nothing about his past. She has no idea what he's capable of. What if he's on the run and faking having amnesia? Smug dumb Liz doesn't want to consider that possibility.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

Though once the truth does come out...*sighs*

I have a theory but it belongs in the fanfic thread.

Let's just say after all the bitter tears, Sam once and for all, realizes that Jason is not the one for her after all. He is so different, she'll feel nada for him. I can't imagine all these Liz and Carly cooties he's accumulating will endear him to her. 

If anything, why didn't Sam feel something when he was holding her?

In addition to CPP83 wrote, there would be no similarities in the way he held her. Jason's never handled Sam that way. 

I'll say this...Sam hasn't been written to "look bad" in a very, very long time. Same goes for Jase, especially now. He most def. will be excused for anything because Brainwashed!

Actually the last few months of SBu's contract was rough for Jason. You won't hear me complaining.

As for Sam, aside from her investigations leading to nowhere, she's been inoffensive since she got pregnant with Danny. Motherhood looks good on her. 

• Love 2

Actually the last few months of SBu's contract was rough for Jason. You won't hear me complaining.

I don't really count that in the grand picture of the character of Jason Morgan, for obvious reasons.

And the fact that Sam has been not really offending anyone is kinda what I was getting at. She's become very harmless. She used to be a love or hate her type of character.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1