Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I like Ric, but damn. I mean, there was a reason they bought that he was a mob boss. You know, because there was that time he wanted to run the mob with Sonny. And panic room. And stuff. But post that article, Molly, please.

So Emma is at another sleepover? A nine year old has a better social life than I do. Fuck this show, and fuck my life.

Jordan's boss is hot and can act. Can he apologize and kill Shawn as an I'm sorry gift?

• Love 5

Jordan is really pretty, but her weave is looking really ratty.

Not buying this incarnation Jason as a word-class terrorist. He's too soft looking for me.

It seemed like Plywood's wound dropped three inches lower today than it was yesterday, but never mind, muttre to the rescue!

Someone refresh me memory please.  how/why did Leisl kill Victor?  I'm drawing  complete blank.  thanx.

• Love 1

You'd think Dante would be a little interested in how his partner is doing. His reluctance to check on Nathan was off-putting.

Bring in on the action with hot women Anna and Jordan v waiting around the hospital for Nathan, I can see why he was reluctant, heh. Especially since there was nothing he could really do at the hospital except wait. They could have easily sent some other person to check in on Nathan.

They were in Magic Clinic of the Undead and Victor was going to tell Nathan he's not the father of Nathan. Liesel shot Victor in the head before Anna could arrest him, saying he'd hurt Nathan. Nathan had already left to find Maxie. Anna flipped her shit. Victor wasn't dead dead then, but Liesel told him who Nathan's dad is I think. And the danger lights went off, etc. The clinic was blowing up. Allegedly, Victor blew up with the clinic. But when has a Cassadine died?

Someone refresh me memory please.  how/why did Leisl kill Victor?  I'm drawing  complete blank.  thanx.

Others covered it, but yes, Victor had run a DNA test on Nathan that showed he wasn't Victor's son and Obrecht wanted him to dead so the secret would stay just that because Nathan's bio dad is apparently even worse than him.

I do remember laughing when she was kneeling beside him and was all, "So sorry, Victor, we had some good times, I'll always...wait a second, a pulse?!?!".  Heh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Robin never gets apologized to.

Everything is her fault, though, especially this time. She doesn't care about her family. She doesn't love her mother or Patrick or Emma. All she wanted to do was hook up with Jason.

Oh, wait.

So Emma is at another sleepover? A nine year old has a better social life than I do. Fuck this show, and fuck my life.

LOLLL. And she has two guys fighting for her.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I still don't understand this garbage about the LOD wanting Jason for his "exceptional skills" or whatever Helena called it. He's a street thug with a gun and black t-shirt. You could throw a rock in PC and hit five more just like him.

• Love 3

Of all the shooters in Port Charles, Jason is probably the only one who can consistently hit the target he aims at. So in that context, he does have exceptional skills.

Compared to the rest of Port Charles, Jason is Annie Oakley. I still find it laughable that a guy who can fairly consistently hit his target (as opposed to the rest of the town where the safest place to be when they're shooting a gun is directly in front of them) would be labelled as an 'exceptional talent' by Helena. You'd think, with her resources, she'd be able to hire anyone... but then Cassadines live to over-complicate things. They are the quintessential super-villain... lairs, decrepit island mansions, nameless goons, ridiculous Doofenschmirtz type doomsday weapons bent on global domination... "I call it Dr. Doom's Doom Ray of Doom!"

Honestly, I fully expect the next showdown to have POW! SMACK! BAM! pop up on the screen a la 60's Batman.

(Although now I just want to go home and watch Captain America beat the crap out of entire ship full of Algerian mercenaries... culminating in the one on one with Batroc. THAT is a fight scene!)

• Love 8

You'd think Dante would be a little interested in how his partner is doing. His reluctance to check on Nathan was off-putting.

Maybe he was jealous. Anna did take him out of the field to check on Nathan.

Unintentional comedic moment of the day goes to Molly: I want to post this op-ed about my dad so what happened to him never happens to anyone else. How often do former mob lawyers turned DAs turned corporate attorneys get framed as drug kingpins by an international cabal of crazy terrorists?

• Love 7

I can't wait for Sabrina to find out what happened to Blanket and have no real reaction to it. That is if anyone ever tells her.

Victor Cassadine doesn't have an unborn baby she can try and kill so she's good to go.

• Love 3

I'm still rarely moved by Sam, for instance. I don't care about her or her sisters or her mother. Never have. Never will, no matter the music cues or the plot involved.

I don't think the question is whether or not you or anyone will buy into the manipulation, it's whether or not there is manipulation. Which there clearly is. Thankfully RC can't literally force us to like what he wants us to!

I'm kinda over Anna and Jordan being yelled at by male superiors.

I am so fucking done with this shit. However, the way Jordan and Anna kept saying "Bob" was amazing and made those scenes worth it IMO.

Excuse me, gonna have a moment where I imagine Jordan/Anna/Dante are on a show that doesn't pit them against over-the-top supervillains.

Sigh, what a beautiful show that would be. They need to bring Nathan along though. Just for the threesomes.

Maybe he was jealous. Anna did take him out of the field to check on Nathan.

He was 100% jealous. DZ totally even played it that way!

WTF was up with HP's hair/clothes/makeup today? That was a travesty!

• Love 5

This show is enough ugh, that I wanted to open up my box of wine during it. For one thing, it is impossible to fire a federal employee without at the very least a hearing. In fact, if Jordan was to be punished, she would have been either put on desk duty or at worse admin. leave. I was trying to figure out what movie Olivia and Ned were watching. I thought that the music sounded like it was from Fantasia.

• Love 1

I still don't understand this garbage about the LOD wanting Jason for his "exceptional skills" or whatever Helena called it. He's a street thug with a gun and black t-shirt. You could throw a rock in PC and hit five more just like him.

Unless you are Shawn.

• Love 21

This show is enough ugh, that I wanted to open up my box of wine during it.

I think you mean #uGH. Let's make that hashtag happen people!

On another note, I actually stopped and picked up some boxed wine in preparation for tomorrow's show. I'm going to need to be at at least a .05 to tolerate Franco, Nina, Kiki, AND Delilah.

• Love 7

Okay that seemed like a Wednesday filler on Tuesday. There were only a couple of minutes I actually liked. Nathan and Maxie were cute and loved that Maxie isn't scared of Dr. O. points to Maxie. Ned and Olivia are adorable and those are the little build-up scenes that are missing so often.  Alexis is starting to work my last nerve. All this hand holding she needs over Molly, you'd think she hadn't already raise TWO girls before her. Molly and her screeching is so annoying. ugh!

Patdick...enough said.

His concern over Sam MIGHT be heartwarming if Robin wasn't in 2084237X more danger and he's like duces. Douche!

That whole scene with Jordan and Anna was R-i-d-ic-u-lous! So contrived and made no actual sense. I actually felt bad for Anna. I still don't get why Ric being missing from witness protection is a...thing. whatever.

Liz and Jakeson have no chemistry. I really didn't see how little until she had one scene with Nik. I know "history" but she and Nik do have chemistry and Jakeson has chemistry with Sam.  Where the couch scenes with Ned and Olivia were cute the ones with Jakeson and Liz...eye roll worthy.

So I could have watched a whole show with Ned and Olivia in dorky glasses and Maxie and Nathan making cutsie eyes over a beeping hospital monitor instead of the rest of that filler today. So yah the show was BAD today.

All this hand holding she needs over Molly, you'd think she hadn't already raise TWO girls before her.

Alexis didn't raise Sam.  They didn't meet until she was fully grown. Although that didn't stop Alexis from demanding that Jason break up with her for her own safety.

Patdick...enough said.

His concern over Sam MIGHT be heartwarming if Robin wasn't in 2084237X more danger and he's like duces. Douche!

It's vomit-inducing. And reminded me of when Robin told Hells that Jason would save her. She knows her ex-hubby is useless.

• Love 2

Previews...oh lord, we're probably in for some "Look!  It's Starr and Roxy together again!" humor tomorrow.  Except I didn't like Roxy being wasted on Starr when they were actually Roxy and Starr.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Alexis didn't raise Sam.  They didn't meet until she was fully grown. Although that didn't stop Alexis from demanding that Jason break up with her for her own safety.

To which I say...ho hum. Jason was a grown ass man. If he didn't want to split with Sam, he didn't have to. That shit's on him as much as Alexis, IMO.

• Love 3

I'd still love an explanation on how being shot in the shoulder is a life threatening injury

From the Straight Dope column in Washington City Paper:

Is there such thing as a safe place to get shot? Don’t be absurd. There’s a one in five chance you’ll be killed... Writers no doubt target the shoulder for nonlethal bullet wounds on the assumption that it contains no vital organs. In reality, however, it can be a dangerous place to get shot. The shoulder contains the subclavian artery, which feeds the brachial artery (the main artery of the arm), as well as the brachial plexus, the large nerve bundle that controls arm function.

If you get hit in the brachial plexus, you’re probably not going to be walking around good as new five minutes later. A study of 58 gunshot victims wounded in the brachial plexus found 51 of them needed follow-up surgery to deal with blood vessel damage, severe pain, and loss of motor function. As for the subclavian artery, a study from a New Orleans hospital reported that out of 16 cases of acute injury thereto, four patients died and another lost the arm.

Today's show was kind of boring.

• Love 1

The scenes where I'm supposed to buy that Anna is in deep crap over Faison  are ridiculous, as are Jordan's job problems.

The Jason stuff is absurd. Am I supposed to get worked up that a brain-injured hitman formerly in the employ of a mini mob boss who engaged in vague criminal activity has become further fucked in the head and is now doing the bidding of different, evil-er crime figure who also engages in vague criminal activity? I don't understand why this is supposed to be interesting. Blahblah Patrick seems upset. Blahblah Dr O is yelling,. blahblahMaxie still lives in Port Charles. 

I liked the Olivia and Ned scenes even though they were trite. At least it was pleasant and she's not gross with him, the way she is with Stumpy.

WTF was up with HP's hair/clothes/makeup today? That was a travesty!

Didn't notice the clothes, they were bad? I don't mind the cut but the styling is really stiff and dated. She has a huge breakout, especially on her forehead and chin and they are covering it with foundation that's too dark and putting everything else on too heavily as well. It makes her look disturbingly like the make-up department hired someone who has "funeral home" on their work history.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 3

The Jason stuff is the least objectionable to me in a lot of ways. Of course they'd target him, I'm surprised they never did it years ago. Whatever I thought of him as a person, Jason was always presented in the story as a super-efficient killing machine. And I think Billy Miller is doing a fine job, really, especially with this dreck. What annoys me is when people say he's "nothing like Jason Morgan" - well, fine with me, Jason Morgan was a fucking zombie thug. What's wrong with this guy displaying human emotion, especially after a half dozen brain injuries, the first of which was the original which radically altered his personality? Personality changes are what this character is about - that and shooting people. He still has the physicality and the skills, AFAIC. They should make him Anna's new Frisco and be done with it. Jason working with and for the law: It would change the face of the show.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11

Enough with the Anna is in trouble crap.  Anna has consistently been better at her job than any of these other asshats in these corrupt agencies.  So for them to get all holier than thou about her is....bullshit.

Jordan I don't care about.  She lost all credibility when she went to bed with that turkey BLT called Shawn.  Mayonnaise for brains.

And watching that wannabe Frau Blücher squeeze a few blood tears out of those raisinette eyes of hers, while she operates on her Honigbienchen  Zaubermaus, using her powers of  Backen to fix up her sons holy wunden is enough to make me erbrechen.

I so wish they would begraben sie am Leben.

Dr. O. is pure schiesdreck.

• Love 8

Didn't notice the clothes, they were bad? I don't mind the cut but the styling is really stiff and dated. She has a huge breakout, especially on her forehead and chin and they are covering it with foundation that's too dark and putting everything else on too heavily as well. It makes her look disturbingly like the make-up department hired someone who has "funeral home" on their work history.

The hair, the clothes, the make-up, it's all bad. I think either she or the show is trying to make her older than her real age, but instead of looking like a sexy early twentysomething, she looks like a teen trying to look like a used and put away wet thirtysomething.

It's odd because a lot of the women on the show are looking the best they've looked in a long time. KSt and ER have both been looking fantastic lately, so maybe HP should ask them for some advice. Heck, she should ask KW; woman is what 50(?), and she looks banging!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Enough with the Anna is in trouble crap. Anna has consistently been better at her job than any of these other asshats in these corrupt agencies. So for them to get all holier than thou about her is....bullshit.

Jordan I don't care about. She lost all credibility when she went to bed with that turkey BLT called Shawn. Mayonnaise for brains.

And watching that wannabe Frau Blücher squeeze a few blood tears out of those raisinette eyes of hers, while she operates on her Honigbienchen Zaubermaus, using her powers of Backen to fix up her sons holy wunden is enough to make me erbrechen.

I so wish they would begraben sie am Leben.

Dr. O. is pure schiesdreck.

I can't breathe from laughing at this so hard. This post is perfection.

Now I have to go look some of these words up...

• Love 2
Oh goody, another continuity error. Yes, the Spencer played by this kid Nicholas has never interacted with Helena, but the quiet, well-mannered Spencer who got on the plane with his father Nikolas to go live abroad did. That kid who played Spencer had scenes with Granny Helena, and knew who she was, during the 'Elizabeth is pregnant with a Cassadine heir/nope Lucky's the father' storyline.

I'm okay with this, because Spencer is a kid, and kids don't always remember relatives they met or knew when they were very little but haven't seen for a while.  Plus, someone has to stand up for that little tool, and I've taken over the role!

I forgot to mention this earlier but Sonny got pissy over Johnny and Connie yet Johnny also dated and bedded Olivia and Carly.

Don't you remember?  Connie was the love of his life.  That's why he had to kill AJ.  Duh.  (Sarcasm, just in case it wasn't clear​.)

• Love 3

Nevertheless, Maxie is an idiot.  One week before her hearing, she is jobless and goes to see Dudley Do Right because of his shoulder wound.

Given all the heavy books and ledgers at Maxie's table, I thought she had enrolled in Law School to be prepared for her appearance before the judge to get her baby back. Other than demonstrating her expertise with eyeliner and hair products, Maxie has pretty much done squat to earn respect in society. She has no job, and we didn't hear that she played a role in her mother's mayoral campaign either. Her willfulness is still perfectly intact, however. Nobody tells this princess "you can't" or "no," apparently. She could have used good friends Lulu and Dante to stay current on Nathan's health, and perhaps followed up with a few discreet texts and emails and phone calls. Instead, she immediately turns up at Nathan's side. Poor Maxie is a trainwreck, chasing Nathan and damning the consequences.

Alexis has become a pathetic laughingstock too in her low-cut-business blouses, messy bangs, and girly whispering. And Olivia all pouty, trying to ask Ned out to the equivalent of the Prom (New Year's) and being a day late and a dollar short as usual. Carly has a jazzy haircut but no brains or character. Jordan snarls and can live with herself for letting her son think she's OK with being a criminal. So many of the wimmenz in PC are looking worn out, powerless and sad while the men continue to run their world. Only Helena and Liesl can bounce back and prevail.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

But when has a Cassadine died?

Stefan, sadly, the one Cassadine I ever liked, appears to be dead dead.  ::mourns::

You'd think, with her resources, she'd be able to hire anyone... but then Cassadines live to over-complicate things.  

I'm still trying to figure out why Victor Cassadine had to hire Rafe to take out Patrick, et al.

I decided that my problem with this show is that I no longer care about most of the female characters.  I don't care about Dr. O., Nina, Ava, or even Alexis. I care a little about Maxie and Lulu. The only one left standing that I care about is Anna and hate the fact that TPTB are trying to make her into the evilist woman who  ever eviled/

• Love 2

I know the dangers that exist in real life, but the way this soap handles its' gunshots and wounds and such business is what I was addressing.

The shoulder region is their go to area and the way they write the outcome and treatment, etc, just isn't done even remotely believably, imho, but that seems to go in line with everything else they attempt to do "realistically" medically wise such as dealing with coma patients, amnesia, brain tumours, and mental illness.

What annoys me is when people say he's "nothing like Jason Morgan" - well, fine with me, Jason Morgan was a fucking zombie thug. What's wrong with this guy displaying human emotion

Imo not being like the Jason of old doesn't automatically mean he's become someone any better or any more likable. That's my biggest beef with this "Jake" guy, I am not enamored with his new personality change.

Sonny has shown human emotions and I hate his guts. So does Carly, so does Franco, and the Nina, and even Kiki, just to name a few of the horrible characters I wish would drop off the face of the earth.

Having and showing human emotions to me isn't what makes a character anymore endearing than a cold, unfeeling, blink and stare robotic hit man.

Jakson may crack a smile and a few jokes but I'd prefer a character who actually earns the right to exist beyond who his parents are and this show's inability to ever have him held accountable for his terrible crimes.

He hasn't done jack squat yet to absolve himself of any of his old shit and there is plenty there to atone for, to at least try and I will bet the beach house he never will.

If Sonny's in prison and Carly should be then Jason needs to be in a cell of his own and getting jumped in the prison yard.

Already he's being set up to commit even more terrible acts, but oh he supposedly has the perfect excuse now, he's merely following evil orders without a choice. Even though every other devious, evil, cruel act that came before he did make a choice to do, he always made his choices freely.

But now everything he might do will get piled on Helena's shoulders and she'll take all the blame, it's so predictable. And honestly in that recording of the Faison escape he may have worn a mask but he certainly didn't "mask" his voice all that well.

I mean for pete's sake you could clearly hear "Jake's" voice speaking/shouting but yet because he had a mask over his face they have no clue who he might be...even as Liz sat there on the couch next to the guy with an identical voice to the perp's that she's been having conversations with for months now.

Plus seeing Jake and Sam's scenes after the fact I believe there are two reasons Sam was used as the hostage because A, she'll straightaways forgive Jason because god forbid he faces consequences and who better to let him off the hook than his "doting wife" other than Liz that is, and B, then they'll use it for "dramatic purposes" to complicate an almost guaranteed Jason and Sam reunion because there just isn't enough trouble in paradise to go around with those two already.

They should make him Anna's new Frisco

Jason is no Frisco, imho, not even close.

• Love 4

There were only a couple of minutes I actually liked. Nathan and Maxie were cute and loved that Maxie isn't scared of Dr. O. points to Maxie

I am playing catch up so I do not have a lot to say: But to this, despite always been shown as a ditz, Maxie has always also been shown as brave even reckless, to a certain extent Guza/Wolfe/Ron have always shown her to be Frisco-Flea-Mac's daughter: She is brave and reckless like Frisco, a bit of a ditz like Flea and loyal to her family like Mac. Of all the legacy characters she is in many ways the most like her parents. It is a shame that years wasted in Spixie  kept her from center stage. I always thought that a Maxie-Lucky pairing could have had potential if they had done Lucky right , which they rarely have (The adventurous nature of Luke, when he was decent, and the heart of Laura). I am not sure they would have worked romantically (I still think Rocky (Lucky and Robin) was the way to go there) but as the next generation Scorpio-Spencer Team  or a la Robert and Anna back in the day it could have rocked.

• Love 1

Well, neither of them looks like they are twenty-five, but they are both aging extremely well.

Maybe not twenty-five, and maybe not in real life, but Kristina Wagner on-screen, if someone told me she was thirty-five I wouldn't blink.

• Love 7
Today's show was kind of boring.

Besides the dialogue, I enjoyed the actors that were featured (along with the emergence of the hospital set) especially after seeing the ones that will be on tomorrow in the previews.

Billy Miller wasn't bad as scary Jason Morgan.

I really enjoyed the camera staying on Billy Miller one second too long as he was staring at the TV.  He had that look of resignation in his eyes which is common when new folks come and the 'newness' wears off.  Welcome to #uGH.  Ron gets a huge pass from me for sticking Sonny into jail so if the resurrection of the character of Jason is the price - that is fine. 

When I took a decades long break from this soap (Laura and Luke on the run in the '80s) and came back, I landed in Sonny, Jason, and Carlyville.  I didn't mind watching Jason as much as I couldn't stand the current heroine of GH Sam.  Yesterday, RC having Sam being portrayed as some fierce woman warrior with revenge on her mind while Anna and Jordan aren't even allowed to roll their eyes at Bob is a bit much. But at least Sam is integrated into the show - unlike Franco, Silas, Kiki, and Nina.  As far as I can see - all of those characters could be dropped and the soap would still have too many regular characters.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

Yesterday's show didn't bother me much.

Oh wait, I didn't watch yesterday's show.

Why would I want to watch Anna get chewed out? Especially when others who have done far worse skate and get cello music, and all of Anna's moronic actions can only be explained as lazy plot devices.

"Yes, I surrenrdered the keys to Faison, but Ron was going to let him get away, and this way reduced casualties."

• Love 2

On today's episode, if Judgey Wudgy goes right into Nathan's trauma room for no good reason while Maxie is there, he better be working with the Legend of Doom. Otherwise, I'm not taking this asinine unreasonable nonsensical plotline anymore and barging it.

I'm sure Judgey Wudgey will be at the hospital to pick up Monica for a date (so she hits her two minutes/a month minimum). He'll see Maxie walking alongside Nathan as he's wheeled to his room. Then Maxie won't see her daughter until the kid is 21.

• Love 1