Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Franco acknowledging that his donation to the hospital was a self-serving gesture and Liz immediately hand-waving that away, refusing to acknowledge that he has any faults or flaws or hear anything that contradicts him being the most perfect guy ever, is everything I hate about the writing for Liz these days in a nutshell.

Andre bought the painting?  Why is he even still on the show?  At least Kevin didn't get stuck listening to Franco's drivel, though he would be better versed to speak about twins.

Michael, Nelle, their storyline, their very existence sucks.  "Oh noes, Nelle lied about keeping the dead dude's ring!".  WHO F-ING CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 6

I'm living for the fact that Sonny, Liz, Franco, and Monica all found out that Jason woke up before Carly did. Guess that shows how important she is to her "best friend." It's a hollow victory, since I know the old Jason will soon return, ready and willing to be leeched off of by Carly, but still. Eat shit, Carly. 

It'd be great if Sam's line about Monica's importance in Jason's life wasn't just lip service that doesn't at all align with the story we're being told. A few measly throwaway scenes with Monica don't appease my anger that she's relegated to the outskirts of Jason's storyline.

Listening to Franco blather about himself was torturous, but at least he was self-aware enough to admit that his donation to the hospital was not altruistic. And if Liz could stop championing everything Franco does as perfect and incredible, it would go a long way in helping me like her again. This starry-eyed, airheaded version of Liz is an embarrassment.

I swear I used to be able to tolerate Spinelli, but I need him to shut up and go away now.  This Ask Man Landers stuff is hell on earth and it's dragging everyone down with it.

• Love 8

Spinelli should have been punched in the face MULTIPLE times by MULTIPLE people for the creepy, screechy bullshit he was pulling today.  And then he makes it WORSE by deciding it's HIS right to know who's really writing the advice. Why do ANY of these people tolerate this shit stain?  When SONNY is the better person that day, it's really bad.

But I loved how the four losers acted like Fakeson was telling them about his stage 4 cancer diagnosis, like he's DYING or something.  And again, this business of Jason not wanting to be a hitman for Sonny or lapdog for all the S&C problems is a distressing sign and everyone is mopey.

Franco talks about how important art is and Liz stands there silent, because, you know, art means nothing to HER.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Linny said:

I'm living for the fact that Sonny, Liz, Franco, and Monica all found out that Jason woke up before Carly did.

Same here. Elizabeth and Franco finding out before Carly did made it worth watching this week.

2 minutes ago, Vella said:

Spinelli should have been punched in the face MULTIPLE times by MULTIPLE people for the creepy, screechy bullshit he was pulling today.  And then he makes it WORSE by deciding it's HIS right to know who's really writing the advice.

I know! Maxie already knows what's going on, as does Nina. So who cares what Spinelli thinks?

• Love 5

"It means in order to walk into his new life, he has to walk away from us." Also: "I'll always miss who he used to be." Right there we have what Carly will glom onto when OG Jason shows up. "I knew it! The real Jason would never leave me!"

The Nelle stuff is so terrible. Badly written, badly played—it's bad on every level. Because I was curious, I checked what Florida law said about returning engagement rings. A ring is considered a conditional gift, so if the engagement is broken off by mutual consent or by the donee, it should be returned, but there isn't anything specific about the donor breaking it off or dying. 

"I feel like Zach's death is going to haunt me for the rest of my life." Well, it kinda should. It shouldn't take over Nelle's life, but it also shouldn't be something she forgets.

22 minutes ago, Linny said:

A few measly throwaway scenes with Monica don't appease my anger that she's relegated to the outskirts of Jason's storyline.

And it's not like Jason looked all that happy to see Monica. I don't expect him to throw out his arms and yell "Mommy!", but it'd be nice if he showed a bit more affection toward her. 

• Love 6

How has this show managed to drag out this ass man landers? Where did they get those guys who wore the masks?

Why does Nathan say his job will be over? I can't believe that an advice book from some unknown has so many sales. Is Amy really making that much money?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

By the way, is Nathan getting any kind of a cut from what "Man Landers" is making?  Because now that it's really impinging on its life, Amy 2.0 should offer him some kind of compensation besides her squeaky thanks.

I'm pretty sure part of the emotional blackmail was that all the money would go to Cliff's medical expenses, and Nathan is a good enough guy not to insist on any compensation. Expenses at the most, probably.

2 hours ago, seasons said:

"Best part of a coma is I got to miss this."

Jason looking at Franco's art show card.

Says it to himself, too.

Felt like BM wasn't even acting right there.

I really did laugh out loud.

That made watching this ep worth it.

Well that and the replay of Nelle's, "I didn't do anything, Sharon," from yesterday. The way she said it was hilarious. I watched all the Nelle scenes just to hear her say "Sharon" because I found it funny every single time.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really kinda wish it would turn Amy 2.0 was scamming everyone.  That she was all, "Ooooh, my sick brooother", but then we see her swaning around in a new fur coat or blinging jewelry or something.

This would be a bad girl. She's doing it for her own selfishness; there isn't some dumb underlying reason.

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well that and the replay of Nelle's, "I didn't do anything, Sharon," from yesterday. The way she said it was hilarious. I watched all the Nelle scenes just to hear her say "Sharon" because I found it funny every single time.

Same here! Nelle sounded so petulant and hissy. It was the wrong reading for the line but very funny.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This would be a bad girl. She's doing it for her own selfishness; there isn't some dumb underlying reason.

That would make it 100% more interesting, IMO.  As is, we're supposed to be rooting for her, but she's sooo obnoxious.  And when's the last time this chick, who so desperately needs the cash, worked at the hospital?

• Love 3

so.. spotted the Serial Drama post  (I've been away for a while) SB is back and is actually Jason? And BM's Jakeson is in a coma? So, all the dumping on that Liz got for keeping Jakeson from his real life was for nothing? And if Jakeson is somehow a twin to Jason-- does that mean Liz has slept with three Q's? 

Didn't Jakeson have a brain scan that showed damage that would have matched Jason? how do twin brothers, raised separately-- have the same brain da-- oh nevermind.

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

And BM's Jakeson is in a coma? 

He's awake now.

Didn't Jakeson have a brain scan that showed damage that would have matched Jason? how do twin brothers, raised separately-- have the same brain da-- oh nevermind.

Logic has no place on this show!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

so.. spotted the Serial Drama post  (I've been away for a while) SB is back and is actually Jason? And BM's Jakeson is in a coma? So, all the dumping on that Liz got for keeping Jakeson from his real life was for nothing? And if Jakeson is somehow a twin to Jason-- does that mean Liz has slept with three Q's? 

GH is starting to look like B&B with this crap.  Elizabeth slept with Jason, AJ and Drew.  Sam slept with Sonny and Ric, Jason and Drew.  Alexis slept with Sonny and Ric.  Monica slept with Jeff and Rick.  Carly slept with AJ and Jason and was led to believe she was raped by Ric and has been with Sonny off and on for decades.  Kung Fu Barbie slept with AJ and Jason.  Lucky slept with Elizabeth and Sarah.  Elizabeth slept with Lucky and Nicholas.  Laura slept with Stefan and Stavros.  

I know it's a soap opera, but this stuff has become way too sleazy!

Spinelli needs to die!    

Michael and Nelle are so boring

• Love 3

Many many years ago I was military police. Handcuff have a small button n the side you push in with a small pin on top of the handcuff key to double lock the cuffs and avoid someone being able to pick them with a paperclip or piece of wire. It also stops the cuffs from being able to tighten which avoids circulation issues.

• Love 3

How much money have Sonny and Alexis wasted on Kristina's abysmal attempts at college? And now she's quitting yet again for a woman who is only tentatively ready to treat her as a serious romantic prospect. Man, she really inherited the title of Sonny's Stupidest Offspring the moment Morgan died, didn't she?

Franco is now like the fifth character to question Griffin about his feelings for Ava, so it's definitely time for a little less conversation, a little more action, please. 

I'd be down for Sam's attempt to play Cupid if I didn't believe that her efforts are going to be absolutely futile due to the inevitability of fucking Julexis.

MW looked fab in that ponytail and those earrings. It's a lucky thing Jason's muscles haven't atrophied after all that time doped up and stuck in a chair, because that was some impressive strength he displayed. And finally we have a face. Jason Morgan is making his way back to PC to reclaim his pedestal, God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

• Love 7

"I'll tell Dad you said hi!" "Oh…yeah. You do that." RoHo sometimes knows exactly how to play it.

LOL that Ava has already had surgery. I didn't need to see it or anything, but what an ungainly plot jump.  

Where is the Facility That Sonny Found in relation to GH? Everyone goes back and forth as if it's just across the street.

5 minutes ago, Linny said:

And finally we have a face. 

Were we supposed to be surprised it's SBU Jason? I never know with this show.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I'll tell Dad you said hi!" "Oh…yeah. You do that." RoHo sometimes knows exactly how to play it.

LOL that Ava has already had surgery. I didn't need to see it or anything, but what an ungainly plot jump.  

Where is the Facility That Sonny Found in relation to GH? Everyone goes back and forth as if it's just across the street.

Were we supposed to be surprised it's SBU Jason? I never know with this show.

This was not my shocked face.

Who here is holding out for her face scaring to be just like Anna's face scarring from 30 years ago, and she does the same hair over one eye?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Gee, I wonder what this pissy heelturn with Dillon is about. #eyeroll

It's so gross he's jealous that Bensch is helping Lauren professionally. The nerve she wants to do something productive to society!

I'd have died laughing if Parker told Kristina she's not interested in a relationship anymore, and Kristina dropping out was the dumbest thing she's ever heard. Change your major! ETA: Kristina said she could reapply to grad school. What?! When did she get an undergrad degree?

I could swear Herbst said "Dr. Meadows" instead of "Dr. Maddox." Hee.

Clearly, Sam learned nothing from trying to force Mac and Alexis together.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Dillon being jealous of Bensch is so fucking annoying on too many levels. Whatever.

I sorta kinda didn't hate the Jason stuff today. Obviously there's something wrong with me. I'm gonna make a doctor's appointment.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I sorta kinda didn't hate the Jason stuff today. Obviously there's something wrong with me. I'm gonna make a doctor's appointment.

I'll come with you, peach, because I didn't hate the Jason stuff either. It was, dare I say it, soapy. The pacing was terrible, of course, and we still have no idea why Ava gives a rat's ass about Patient 6, but she comes through and gives him the straightened paper clip so he can open the handcuffs. (Her amazement that he could do that was so dumb. It's not as if he used telekinesis to pop the cuffs open. Gah.) It took too long for that dumb Lecter/Bane mask to finally come off, but the last shot of SBu in the doorway was pretty good.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so gross he's jealous that Bensch is helping Lauren professionally. The nerve she wants to do something productive to society!

I'd have died laughing if Parker told Kristina she's not interested in a relationship anymore, and Kristina dropping out was the dumbest thing she's ever heard. Change your major! ETA: Kristina said she could reapply to grad school. What?! When did she get an undergrad degree?

I could swear Herbst said "Dr. Meadows" instead of "Dr. Maddox." Hee.

Clearly, Sam learned nothing from trying to force Mac and Alexis together.

I don't think the people who write this show have any experience with how college works in 2017.  Because for one they keep writing college like its high school  and Kristina is like 25/26 and has dropped out multiple times and is still nowhere near graduating undergrad despite going in with a good amount of AP credits and taking summer classes. And they tried to make it seem like she was majoring in law when you can't get a law degree in undergrad. 

Who gives a crap about Nelle and her drama with characters we've never met?

• Love 4

I think they should drop the other pairings and keep SBu's Jason with Ava.  Finally a spark out of him.

Kristina is so stupid, dropping out of college is the right move for her.  (Also anyone can learn statistics, you just have to keep doing all the problems in the back of the book, no math ability required.)

I believe that Nelle didn't steal that engagement ring because it's such a cheap ring, there would be no point in stealing it.  I would have thought that the props department could at least come up with a fake diamond to justify the storyline.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, In2You said:

I don't think the people who write this show have any experience with how college works in 2017.  Because for one they keep writing college like its high school  and Kristina is like 25/26 and has dropped out multiple times and is still nowhere near graduating undergrad despite going in with a good amount of AP credits and taking summer classes. And they tried to make it seem like she was majoring in law when you can't get a law degree in undergrad. 

Kristina went out of her way to say she already had her college degree, which shocked the hell out of me, and so this was only graduate school that she was dropping out of. Now, why it would be a big deal for an MBA candidate to date an English professor is a little head-scratchy.....

• Love 1

Yeah, as long as the prof isn't teaching the grad student, there shouldn't be a problem with it.  In my psych grad school, not only were there a number of students dating profs, some of them got married.  Since Parker is in an entirely different department, no one should complain.

Except possibly the poor profs who have to teach Kristina.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Kristina went out of her way to say she already had her college degree, which shocked the hell out of me, and so this was only graduate school that she was dropping out of. Now, why it would be a big deal for an MBA candidate to date an English professor is a little head-scratchy.....

Degree in what? And when did she have time to finish undergrad when she dropped out last year? And since when do you take gen eds in grad school? Cuz those were clearly gen eds in that transcript they showed to prove she was doing badly in school. And wasn't Parker's class she was taking a gen ed? IIRC correctly some of those courses were on the 100 level.

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, In2You said:

Degree in what? And when did she have time to finish undergrad when she dropped out last year? And since when do you take gen eds in grad school? Cuz those were clearly gen eds in that transcript they showed to prove she was doing badly in school. And wasn't Parker's class she was taking a gen ed? IIRC correctly some of those courses were on the 100 level.

Helena?

• Love 3
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Undergrad or grad school, doesn't matter, the show wants us to think Kristina QUITTING SCHOOL to pursue Parker is cute or romantic or something, but it's really a gross message. 

They've been sending this message for years with Kristina. Remember she was gonna forgo school to hang around Ethan? Then she dropped out of school to hang around Trey. Instead of having get suspended and then drop from school for this Parker mess they should've had her return with her degree in the first place. Now once again she's dropping out of school so she can full time pursue a romantic relationship. So no growth whatsoever for the character in at least 6 years.

• Love 4

I remember watching a retrospective about the original Halloween film from 1978, and John Carpenter and Debra Hill (director and co-screenwriters/co-producers, respectively) were talking about how the guy who played adult Michael Myers/"The Shape," who does nothing except wear a mask and coveralls and go around killing people, very little that anyone could call "acting," did such a great job.  Hill said that in the first sequel (which had an early screen appearance by daytime legend Billy Warlock), they got a stuntman to take that guy's place, but it just wasn't the same.  

That's what I think of whenever I hear anyone saying that no one else can ever equal Steve Burton as Jason. It hardly seems like he'd be a tough act to follow, given how one-note Jason was, but I guess I get it. I never thought for a moment, when SB was announced as returning, that he would be playing anyone else. All that stuff about computer simulations, brain scans, DNA, and Spinelli recognizing his butt ...it was written when Billy Miller had to be Jason for the story to be sold to the audience. Now this isn't the case anymore, so they can throw aside their new toy. They will write their way out of it or ignore it. The Killy fanatics need to just deal. Sam is going to have children by two different men, and probably will be torn between Real Jason and Fake Jason, and at least one of them is going to be sleeping with someone else.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I remember watching a retrospective about the original Halloween film from 1978, and John Carpenter and Debra Hill (director and co-screenwriters/co-producers, respectively) were talking about how the guy who played adult Michael Myers/"The Shape," who does nothing except wear a mask and coveralls and go around killing people, very little that anyone could call "acting," did such a great job.  Hill said that in the first sequel (which had an early screen appearance by daytime legend Billy Warlock), they got a stuntman to take that guy's place, but it just wasn't the same.  

That's what I think of whenever I hear anyone saying that no one else can ever equal Steve Burton as Jason. It hardly seems like he'd be a tough act to follow, given how one-note Jason was, but I guess I get it. I never thought for a moment, when SB was announced as returning, that he would be playing anyone else. All that stuff about computer simulations, brain scans, DNA, and Spinelli recognizing his butt ...it was written when Billy Miller had to be Jason for the story to be sold to the audience. Now this isn't the case anymore, so they can throw aside their new toy. They will write their way out of it or ignore it. The Killy fanatics need to just deal. Sam is going to have children by two different men, and probably will be torn between Real Jason and Fake Jason, and at least one of them is going to be sleeping with someone else.  

Yup. We all know what is going to happen. SB is Jason. BM is lesser twin, Drew. It makes absolutely zero sense for BM to have recovered Jason's memories(in addition to Helena holding Jake hostage) and to turn out to be "Drew", but I still think that SB's hold on the character will win out. Personally,  I'd love to see SB be given the other twin role. I think that he would love to break in a whole new character. Jason was one note and unbelievably boring. SB looked dead having to keep playing Jason. Let BM get stuck with boring Jason the family man.  Let Sam have her man be mob free. 

Plus, I really don't want to get into SB's Jason being mad at Sam and Liz for not knowing that BM's Jason was a fake.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, In2You said:

So no growth whatsoever for the character [of Kristina] in at least 6 years.

Well, she fits right in with every other character then! Hell, some of these characters haven't had growth in like 20 years.

8 hours ago, LillyB said:

SB is looking quite  a bit older.

I agree. I thought he looked pretty good though. Again, I am making that doctor's appointment asap.

5 hours ago, stlbf said:

I think that he would love to break in a whole new character. Jason was one note and unbelievably boring.

Didn't he want Jason to be that way though?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Undergrad or grad school, doesn't matter, the show wants us to think Kristina QUITTING SCHOOL to pursue Parker is cute or romantic or something, but it's really a gross message. 

I'm waiting for something to happen that makes Lauren drop out of her accelerated med school program. This show really has it in for women and higher education.

6 hours ago, stlbf said:

Plus, I really don't want to get into SB's Jason being mad at Sam and Liz for not knowing that BM's Jason was a fake.

I don't know, that really doesn't seem like OG Jason to me. I'm not saying he'll be happy about it, but I don't see him haranguing anyone about it.

Carly of course will crow that she knew all along something was off because of their special connection (*rme*), but the story demanded that every believe BMJason was OG Jason, and everyone did. Until Frank decided he had to get SBu back.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think they should drop the other pairings and keep SBu's Jason with Ava.  Finally a spark out of him.

Agree 100%. As much as SBu gets on my nerves, I'd love to see Sonny's head explode when Jason tells him Ava (kinda) helped him escape. 

• Love 6

Kristina has been in college for at least six years, the show has shown her to be a shitty student who drops out/gets suspended at the drop of a hat, and yet now we're being told she somehow graduated during that time and was, until yesterday, in business school?  Shut up, writers.

Dillon sounded like SUCH an asshole with his "It's Dillon with an I.  I could hear you spelling it wrong in your head."  First off, who the fuck cares how someone spells their name.  Second, I just know that Dillon is going to be proven "right" and Dr. Bench really does want to get in Kiki's pants.  Because god forbid, no matter how far-fetched, a woman can't be allowed to  pursue academic/career goals without there being something shady going on.

. As much as SBu gets on my nerves, I'd love to see Sonny's head explode when Jason tells him Ava (kinda) helped him escape. 

Ava got a "get out of jail" free card as soon as Jason said "I owe you."  I can't wait for Sonny and Carly's shit fits when they find that out.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Kristina has been in college for at least six years, the show has shown her to be a shitty student who drops out/gets suspended at the drop of a hat, and yet now we're being told she somehow graduated during that time and was, until yesterday, in business school?  Shut up, writers.

Dillon sounded like SUCH an asshole with his "It's Dillon with an I.  I could hear you spelling it wrong in your head."  First off, who the fuck cares how someone spells their name.  Second, I just know that Dillon is going to be proven "right" and Dr. Bench really does want to get in Kiki's pants.  Because god forbid, no matter how far-fetched, a woman can't be allowed to  pursue academic/career goals without there being something shady going on.

Ava got a "get out of jail" free card as soon as Jason said "I owe you."  I can't wait for Sonny and Carly's shit fits when they find that out.

I can't with any Kristina stuff. On paper, Kristina has so much potential as a character. In the hands of these writers? She sucks.

I thought Dillon-with-an-I was off the show?

Jason's "I owe you" is the only thing keeping me interested in this damn show. It's going to be awesome to see Sonny and Carly seethe with anger.

• Love 3