Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I guess Emma and Charlotte have met off-screen because Griffin and Robin spent time together due to Anna

To be fair, I think we did see Emma and Charlotte meet on-screen.  Didn't Anna ask Emma to cozy up to Charlotte so she could dig up dirt on Valentin?

But yeah, would they be super tight friends like the show is acting like they are, when Emma lives in a different city?  Not. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of Kristina, why was she hugging her brother's former mistress? The dressing room scene was written/directed like she and Val are great girlfriends - but do they even know each other?? Kristina is not a Spencer, so they're certainly not family.

I wouldn't mind seeing a friendship between them. Kristina is figuring some things out, she recently had sex with a married woman and she and Lulu aren't close. Besides, this show is desperately in need of friendships and the kind of character and relationship building scenes that would be a no-brainer on a halfway decent soap. It's not like there's so many exciting things happening that there's no time for that

• Love 5

I wonder if Sam had to leave the Ball early (i.e. before her husband) because she is breast-feeding Sprout?

Emme sure was a good sport about that dress. She's so beautiful they could put her in a potato sack and she'd glow.

Doesn't Carly have any talent?

Michael has the dullest life in Port Charles--either refereeing his combative "parents" or sitting next to a comatose patient in a hospital. The man needs a life and definitely passionate sex.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of Kristina, why was she hugging her brother's former mistress? The dressing room scene was written/directed like she and Val are great girlfriends - but do they even know each other?? Kristina is not a Spencer, so they're certainly not family.

If Lulu and Valerie could do an act together last year I guess Kristina and Valerie can hug. The show seems to want to completely forget about the affair. I'm fine with that.

Sarah Brown's Carly did an ariel one Nurses Ball. And this show wanted to pretend like her characters couldn't've just kicked Sonny hard in the face and the balls and called it a day.

• Love 3

Xylophone guy worked overtime each time anyone said the word "Chimera". 

I wish they would talk more about Morgan.  And his pills.  It's riveting. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I don't know if  you can turn barging into rooms uninvited into an act.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

To be fair, I think we did see Emma and Charlotte meet on-screen.  Didn't Anna ask Emma to cozy up to Charlotte so she could dig up dirt on Valentin?

But yeah, would they be super tight friends like the show is acting like they are, when Emma lives in a different city?  Not. 

Yes, and Emma found something at the mansion that she brought back to Anna. (I'm too lazy to look back to see what it was.) But since Emma is the only girl that Charlotte has even been in the same room with, I can accept her being more than a little excited to be spending time with her instead of sitting at a table coloring. Emma's the closest thing she's got to a same-age friend. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why was Valerie there, for that matter? The entire quartet was random.

Damn it! I really wanted him to sing "Desperado."

Sonny was such a giant asshole about Ava's donation in Morgan's name. I get his annoyance about using Morgan, but for someone who used founding the Stone Cates AIDS Wing to whitewash his reputation in the first place, he has no place to talk. 

Why was Valerie in the NB? Has she quit the police force to become a student nurse? Or a PA? It made zero sense for her to be in the show. At the Ball? Sure, just say that her Aunt Bobbie insisted on her joining her at Carly's table. Just say that Lulu and Dante were going to be at a table with Laura and Kevin. 

And yeah, why was Emma in that ensemble? Weird. Not the right age and she lives ACROSS THE COUNTRY! Not easy to learn the routine. 

And it was just stupid to hear Scummy rage on about Ava donating money to charity in Morgan's name. What a terrible wore bitch! Honoring my son (and her ex lover) with money to an event that he loved! 

Asshat, you try to buy forgiveness every year with your donations. Including a fucking hospital wing in Stone's name! Hypocrisy, thy name is Sonny Corinthos. 

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, stlbf said:

Why was Valerie in the NB? Has she quit the police force to become a student nurse? Or a PA? It made zero sense for her to be in the show.

You don't have to be a hospital employee to perform in the Nurses Ball.

But a quick scene with her and Bobbie about it wouldn't have hurt either.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, stlbf said:

Why was Valerie in the NB? Has she quit the police force to become a student nurse? Or a PA? It made zero sense for her to be in the show. At the Ball? Sure, just say that her Aunt Bobbie insisted on her joining her at Carly's table. Just say that Lulu and Dante were going to be at a table with Laura and Kevin. 

And yeah, why was Emma in that ensemble? Weird. Not the right age and she lives ACROSS THE COUNTRY! Not easy to learn the routine. 

And it was just stupid to hear Scummy rage on about Ava donating money to charity in Morgan's name. What a terrible wore bitch! Honoring my son (and her ex lover) with money to an event that he loved! 

Asshat, you try to buy forgiveness every year with your donations. Including a fucking hospital wing in Stone's name! Hypocrisy, thy name is Sonny Corinthos. 

Kristina doesn't work for the hospital either. And she and Valerie are not girlfriends like they were acting in that product placement.

Val going to a table afterwards made little sense as she has no money to donate.  If it's such a big even you'd think tables would be pricey and they'd only have seats for benefactors. 

With the obvious caveat that Sonny is the worst, Sonny genuinely cared about Stone and he never would have treated Stone the way Ava treated Morgan. And it is gross for her to donate in his name, she switched out the medication of a mentally ill person. And this was after she repeatedly tried to compromise his romantic relationship with her worthless daughter. She and her trash family have been the worst thing that ever happened to him - which is insane! Seriously, he is the son of Carly and Sonny Corinthos, and the Jeromes are still the worst thing that ever happened to him and the reason that he died.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Re hugging her brother's former mistress, have you taken a look lately at the complicated mess of mixed-up relationships that Kristina has seen within her own family and around her in general?  For starters, her half-sister Molly is also her cousin.  And her older sister Sam slept with their mother's husband Ric and also was impregnated by her father Sonny.  Dante and Valerie's brief liaison was minor compared to these messy situations in which these characters were involved - yet they all continue to interact.

As well, one could also ask why Lulu became the best friend of the other woman (Maxie) who broke up Lulu's brother's marriage - and in far more scheming ways than Valerie did.   Or one could ask why Maxie became so close to the woman (Lulu) who broke up her sister's marriage? 

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a friendship between them. Kristina is figuring some things out, she recently had sex with a married woman and she and Lulu aren't close. Besides, this show is desperately in need of friendships and the kind of character and relationship building scenes that would be a no-brainer on a halfway decent soap. It's not like there's so many exciting things happening that there's no time for that

This!  Yes, I'd like to see a friendship evolving with these two young women.  I completely agree that we need more friendships and more relationship-building scenes for many more characters than the chosen few. 

In my "travels," I've seen questions raised about how this disparate group of four met and teamed up to even be in this act. These are fair questions and, for me, they point clearly to the general themes of lack of community on GH and of failure to write a balanced show where story-telling and character-developing beats are well-distributed among the characters. Sure, some stories have to be lead stories and have to receive more attention than others, but, as we have so often observed, some characters are given way more beats - and overly repeated dialogue and emotions - while some characters are given nothing. As well, these questions point out the limited, selective development of younger characters on this show - development needed to create that sense of generational community that soaps need.

That so many questions need to be asked about this grouping of four younger characters throws a harsh spotlight into the darker corners of "off-screen GH."

But, as I said above, it can be hard to find the time for this necessary development when we spend weeks with the same few characters focused on a pill bottle.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

JPS was good, although Valentin shouldn't've sang

That's why the nurse's ball has always been cringe worthy. They should just break the fourth wall for two or three episodes and have the actors be themselves. There's no way most of the characters, "in" character, would ever do what they do to "perform" for the nurse's ball. Or be performing with the people they are paired with. Why on earth they can't just spring to pay for a musical guest star and have the cast talk about AIDS research(or have a blind date auction instead) is beyond me. I used to hate it back in the day when the Outback or Luke's club or whoever, would have a show about a guest star singing. But at least most guest stars had some talent and watching them wasn't cringe inducing. Rick Springfield singing as Noah Drake comes immediately to mind. I think the show has done the "bachelor auction" thing in the past, for some cause, and it was fun. Something like that can also make unusual characters interactions "make sense" because the audience knows it's supposed to be random, and it gives the show an excuse to chemistry test and allow characters who never cross paths, to interact.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Speaking of Kristina, why was she hugging her brother's former mistress?

I was like wait Dante is Kristina's brother? It took me far too long to realize they really were siblings. LOL

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

Xylophone guy worked overtime each time anyone said the word "Chimera". 

I laughed every single time.

11 hours ago, rur said:

Yes, and Emma found something at the mansion that she brought back to Anna. (I'm too lazy to look back to see what it was.)

I believe it was the picture of Anna from her WSB days that Valentin had.

I really didn't think the Burt's Bee's product placement was bad. It actually made in show sense. The acting was clunky, but most of the acting on this show is nowadays anyway. It was kinda stupid though that the next time we saw Valerie she wasn't even wearing the lipstick we just saw her put on. And it was a little weird they seemed to be trying to pretend that Valerie and Kristina are friends. Maybe they should've had Amy do that scene with Kristina since they are supposedly roommates and bffs even though we have literally never seen them on screen together. The writers are so lazy lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, In2You said:

Kristina doesn't work for the hospital either. And she and Valerie are not girlfriends like they were acting in that product placement.

Val going to a table afterwards made little sense as she has no money to donate.  If it's such a big even you'd think tables would be pricey and they'd only have seats for benefactors. 

It's always been like that. Lucky performed when he lived in a boxcar.

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kept asking myself if they were going to hook them up during that scene. I'm down for them to at least try it. And how is Burt's Bees lipstick? 

Burt's Bees isn't bad actually, but I prefer their colored lip balm for the most part, but when I'm going out and want to wear red lipstick I usually go with one of my splurge items and use Chanel, I think it's one of the Rouge's because it stays on better when I sing at the Nurses Ball lol... ok, I don't sing at the Nurse's Ball but I do sing with my band still (occasionally) and it's still on my lips after singing (take notes Val lol).

And I seriously wouldn't mind if they either hooked up Chrissy and Val or at least made them friends, but that would require the writers think, at least a little.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, In2You said:

I don't think I've seen product placement this badly acted since Passions

And still better than any Sonny scene.

16 hours ago, Sake614 said:
17 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Can this Chimera thing be over with soon.

Of course. as soon as Jason jumps in to save the day. Or Sonny. I mean he has to prove to Carly that he's a sweet, selfless person who will sacrifice himself to save others. Especially small children. ?

Fuck my toxic balls -- they're gonna do a repeat of Michael's running around with the Haunted Star bomb (a la Adam West in the '66 Batman Movie) with Sonny taking the bomb and jumping off the boat, getting an instapardon.

Only this time, Franco will run around with the Chimera, and Jason will take the HaveTheyEverSaidWhatTheFuckItActuallyIs and dispose of it, claiming hero status.

Edited by NutmegsDad
Taking the bomb, not talking the bomb
  • Love 1

Jean Passanante @PFossil

Replying to @AmyGarbrecht
We did see him shoot Nikolas in front of Ava. The man has many layers. And one of them is very romantic.

Why is she even bothering?

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jean Passanante @PFossil

Replying to @AmyGarbrecht
We did see him shoot Nikolas in front of Ava. The man has many layers. And one of them is very romantic.

Why is she even bothering?

Oh girl, stay out of it.

But also, watch the person who asked that question be a Sonny, Jason, or Franco fan.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

One of our posters here (I want to say stlbf, and if I'm misattributing, I hope to hear back) was writing about the Sonny/Jax deportation plot-point a couple weeks ago, and it was everything we should have been hearing on the show. I was like, "I want this to be dialogue." Stuff like, yeah, Josslyn can visit him in Australia, but he can't be there when she goes to a dance with a boy, he can't this, he can't that. The case against Sonny was being made with so much more force and emotion in a post by someone who hates the story than it was made by the people selling the story. It isn't even a pro- or anti-Sonny matter, where you feel like the writers have the goods but they're soft-pedaling because it's Sonny. They don't write anyone's point of view very well.  

On Valerie having money to donate: I'm expecting that if she sticks around, we'll hear desultory talk about how hard she worked to make detective, or Jordan or Dante will congratulate her on acing the detective exam., and we'll never have heard about her trying to become one. 

I don't really know what to say about the nurses' ball, this year or in general. It's just...there. It's a fixture of the show. I do not exactly look forward to it, but I live with it. The years they skipped it, what was happening in its place was not any better.

Sometimes the acts are embarrassingly bad; sometimes they're surprisingly good. I do feel that the actors usually look as though they're having fun in the scenes, and I enjoy seeing that. I remember Becky Herbst and Amber Tamblyn bumping and grinding while Michael Saucedo sang "Footloose," for example. Juan was dressed up like a short-order cook in a restaurant, and Liz and Emily were "dowdy" waitresses (TV-dowdy for pretty girls, i.e., big glasses and conservative uniforms), and then they worked down to midriff-bearing attire and were jumping around while Saucedo sang. Maybe it wasn't a great number, but it was cute. That's about the level I hope for.  This year I really liked JPS's performance of one of the few Billy Joel songs I actually want to hear.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

If Lulu and Valerie could do an act together last year I guess Kristina and Valerie can hug. The show seems to want to completely forget about the affair. I'm fine with that.

I'm fine with it, too - more than fine. 

Besides, the show wanting us to forget is pretty typical about Lante stories.  Brooklyn?  Brenda? 

I think forgetting about Brook Lynn was more about letting Carly skate.

11 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

One of our posters here (I want to say stlbf, and if I'm misattributing, I hope to hear back) was writing about the Sonny/Jax deportation plot-point a couple weeks ago, and it was everything we should have been hearing on the show. I was like, "I want this to be dialogue." Stuff like, yeah, Josslyn can visit him in Australia, but he can't be there when she goes to a dance with a boy, he can't this, he can't that. The case against Sonny was being made with so much more force and emotion in a post by someone who hates the story than it was made by the people selling the story. It isn't even a pro- or anti-Sonny matter, where you feel like the writers have the goods but they're soft-pedaling because it's Sonny. They don't write anyone's point of view very well.  

re: the dialogue, it's very frustrating. If they changed one tiny thing or slipped in something at times, scenes would be 100 times better. But everything for the most part is so gratingly generic.

I don't really know what to say about the nurses' ball, this year or in general. It's just...there. It's a fixture of the show. I do not exactly look forward to it, but I live with it. The years they skipped it, what was happening in its place was not any better.

They should have used some of that Burt's Bees money and CGI'ed Sarah Brown from that year when Carly kept trying to slip out her gun and find an opportunity to shoot AJ. Amy performing? Put Sarah Brown in the background, looking like she's wondering whether she should take out her gun and shoot her.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

re: the dialogue, it's very frustrating. If they changed one tiny thing or slipped in something at times, scenes would be 100 times better. But everything for the most part is so gratingly generic.

I know! They have to write dialogue anyway; why not make it slightly more specific to the story? The complete lack of effort is amazing.

• Love 2

Never thought I'd say this, but Morgan is more annoying dead (or "dead") than alive.

Why wasn't Alexis in the audience to cheer on Kristina?

Does anyone know what song Joss sang? Any guesses as to who will perform the Bowie tribute? I'm thinking Olbrecht singing "Life on Mars" a la Jessica Lange in American Horror Story: Freakshow. (Yes, Lucy replaced Dr. O with Valentin, but now that there's no magic act, there's room for the Teutonic Tunesmith...)

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know! They have to write dialogue anyway; why not make it slightly more specific to the story? 

Because the most of the writers don't really know the characters and don't care to research them. It's too bad. If you're a halfway decent writer it's not hard to get a feel for a character fairly quickly.

• Love 3

Ned and Olivia's rendition of "Faith" was rather uninspiring. It's such a fun song but they never seemed to get into it, their energy was just too lowkey. And Dillon is no David Bowie, that's for sure, but he seemed to be having a lot of fun, and I liked Kiki's dress and hair.

The only positive thing that's come out of this endless Morgan debacle is Ava and Scott's friendship. I loved that he tried to protect her from Sonny. It's refreshing to see an actual friendship on this show, especially a friendship between a man and a woman that's strictly platonic. 

Was there ever any doubt that Jordan would join Curtis in his hotel room? I mean, look at him. 

Can we keep Helena around for more random pop in visits? I just want her to show up and scold the characters over mundane things. "Tsk, tsk, Sonny. This pasta is overcooked. You'll never manage to get another woman to warm your bed if you can't keep your pasta al dente." 

• Love 6
(edited)

Ned and Olivia got into costume very quickly. LiLoC's voice was unrecognizable. 

Color me shocked that Sonny wanted to be sure Ava did mess with Morgan's meds. Restraint is not one of his strengths.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Curtis is an asshole.  This is his and Jordan's first official date, yes?  So why is he booking a room for them without checking with her first, gauging her feelings first?  Oh, because it doesn't really matter what Jordan wants, as usual.  When she understandably balks, he pitches a fit, blaming her AGAIN for judging him, even though that's not what she's doing, but he wouldn't know that because Curtis is in "Me Me Me" land.  When Jordan actually takes the time to explain her reasoning, he seems to back off and then simply applies pressure for sex another way.  Sulks when she doesn't show up at the time HE designated and then is happy she shows up. Jordan didn't even look HAPPY to be there.  Message from the writers? Do what he wants, he knows best, his needs are more important, don't be a prude. Fuck you show.

Scotty should have punched Sonny and Dante both. Sonny for grabbing him and Dante for scoffing at Scott's complaint about Sonny. Just start punching these assholes Scott.  Everytime I feel like warming up to Dante, he again shows his Sonny fanclub lifetime member card and I hate his ass again.

Well, it's no surprise to see that whether it's Franco or Jason, Liz gets to do nothing, say nothing and play almost no role in what goes on with Jake. She's only the only consistent parent he's ever had. You can practically hear the writers sneer "but she's a WOMAN! We need to know what blowhard Jason/Franco has to say!"

Go ahead Jake, make PC disappear.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

When Jordan actually takes the time to explain her reasoning

I don't have a problem with Jordan's reasoning, but this should have come up a lot earlier. She and Curtis have been circling each other for ages. 

There was absolutely no reason Lauren had to do that number with Dillon. She didn't sing at all. And yet another voice Auto-Tuned into oblivion.

• Love 3

Sorta strange that Kiki's role in that performance was solely to dance around and pet Dillon.

Yeah, I'm good with Jake making PC disappear.

I'm a little over the gazillion covers of "Hallelujah", but thought the end was nice.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't have a problem with Jordan's reasoning, but this should have come up a lot earlier. She and Curtis have been circling each other for ages. 

I agree, but they haven't been dating for long.  Isn't the NB their first official date?  They may have been circling but they haven't been communicating. He assumed too much and instead of wanting to know why she was lukewarm about it, he got angry and blamed her for his hurt feelings. When she explained, instead of understanding and backing off sex, he just turned around and ignored everything she had just said and once again, pushed her into a corner.  He was so entitled with her, it was such a turn off.

• Love 1

What great batteries the Chimera must have.  30 years gathering dust on Helena's shelf, and it lights up right away.  I put new batteries in my wireless mouse last week, and already they're not working. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

Sorta strange that Kiki's role in that performance was solely to dance around and pet Dillon.

It is, since she sang last year. She looked good though.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Vella said:

Isn't the NB their first official date?

They've had a bunch of meals and drinks, and have talked about maybe getting together. She said she always sees Tommy when she looks at Curtis. But it's only now Jordan is feeling guilty? 

This doesn't contradict Curtis being presumptuous.

LOL at the Audio Hut clock-radio.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

I thought "Faith" was cute, and appropriate for what is essentially a talent show, although it did make me realize that Ned is starting to show his age a little bit. (and a tear trickles down my cheek) 

How come Lucy just didn't tell Sonny and Carly that she was meeting Ava to get her donation to the NB? It would have been the truth, even if some facts were omitted, and since Lucy didn't really know why she was being questioned, wouldn't it have been a smarter response? 

Finally, can we please call enough on Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"? The music is beautiful; it brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it. But it's the lyrics that folks need to be listening to or thinking about before choosing it.  

An article from 2011 that says the same: http://www.salon.com/2011/09/19/hallelujah_already/

• Love 5
(edited)

Jordan looks so much like Michelle Obama. Lovely.

I don't remember - does Lucy always change dresses every 5 minutes?

Ugh. "Hallelujah".

Ned's hair. What a shame.

Sorry if my posts have been mentioned before. Still getting caught up here. Have watched GH on and off for almost 40 years. Love reading your posts. 

Edited by seasons
18 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I wonder if Sam had to leave the Ball early (i.e. before her husband) because she is breast-feeding Sprout?

Emme sure was a good sport about that dress. She's so beautiful they could put her in a potato sack and she'd glow.

Michael has the dullest life in Port Charles--either refereeing his combative "parents" or sitting next to a comatose patient in a hospital. The man needs a life and definitely passionate sex.

Oh, Carly has a "talent" alright, but nothing that can be performed outside of a brothel.

LuLu's dress is so voluminous it must weight more than ER - even at 9 months pregnant.

• Love 3

I was half-afraid we'd get Stephen Lars singing along with the nurses from prison. Thank Jasus the special guest was Robin.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ava has a spare OIL LAMP to use around her spare EXPENSIVE PORTRAITS??

That she found using the flashlight of her cellphone. Oh, Show.

• Love 9

That was a nice finale. 

Um, weird choice by Wally to close his eyes. 

Sonny and Carly are the worst. They're just so hypocritical, it hurts. After AJ's murder, they lost any highground ever again. Even if you try to ignore that the hypocrisy of them ragging on Ava punches you in the face.

RoHo needs to cut his hair. The sky is blue.

No Magic Milo? The actors must have rebelled.

• Love 14

It was nice they included Robin in a video message.  But again, why have Robin fly into town at all then?  Why not just say from the get-go that she was too pregnant to fly?  Emma still could have come to the ball and busted Alex at the airport and Robin still could have sent a video.  So needlessly complicated and, natch, stupid.

Well that whole "Kiki has to work and can't go to the ball, oh noes!" thing was a total waste of time.  I dunno, I guess the two Quartermaine numbers were fine/kinda cute.  Or maybe I was just happy that Q's whose heads aren't up Sonny's butt finally showed up on fuckin' Day 3.

Sonny putting his hands on Scotty made me murderous.

• Love 9

Previews...hold up, we're supposed to believe Laura was at the ball this whole time?  We haven't seen her once this week, right?

More than ever this year, you could see the strings of contracts and minimums and budget with characters appearing and disappearing.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Somewhere, jsbt is curled up in a ball, sobbing.

He has Chad's instagram.

Teevee reminded me, I cringed when Kiki called him DQ. Still, a less contrived nickname than Nathan calling Maxie Max or Morgan using Mikey.

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...hold up, we're supposed to believe Laura was at the ball this whole time?  We haven't seen her once this week, right?

More than ever this year, you could see the strings of contracts and minimums and budget with characters appearing and disappearing.

She was there yesterday, wasn't she? Or no?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

we're supposed to believe Laura was at the ball this whole time?  We haven't seen her once this week, right?

She arrived yesterday and was shown today.  She was mostly just sitting at the Lante table but also asked Scotty why Sonny was after him.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Teevee reminded me, I cringed when Kiki called him DQ.

Is it a better or worse nickname for her boyfriend than "the Captain"?

I guess I missed Laura (hard to believe given all she got to do, #eyeroll), but I think my bigger point about the out-of-show factors for characters appearing and disappearing this week stands.

• Love 2