Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think there's something to be said for not having sex for a while before the wedding. I think it makes the wedding night more exciting in some way. When I tuned in and saw Sam and Jason doing it the morning of their wedding, I thought, oh man, you guys just ruined the whole damn day! ;)

• Love 3

So this show is just literally recycling their old stories now. Good to know.

Curtis found a pregnant girl named Bridget wanting to give up her baby to a new home and willing to give her to Nina = In 2005 Sam helped an unwed teenager give birth during a snowstorm named Bridget and Bridget left the baby with Sam.

Reason #2 this writing staff is awful = Franco told Liz that Jake was at a playdate and the babysitter was going to pick him up to take him to Grams, but a scene later Michael shows up with Jake at Sonny's for the wedding.

But the wedding and of course all the #DavisGirls was fantastic :)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

I never had a big wedding, but I've read a million different times that lots of couples are so exhausted from all the festivities that they can't even muster up the energy for sex after. so starting the day with a bang seems like a good idea. of course, Sam and Jason are just so very lusty (snore) that I'm sure they'll do it multiple times again after theirs.

If Hayden is so desperate for money, she should she sell her gigantic engagement ring.

Gross that Monica can't leave GH for the five minutes Sam and Jason's wedding ceremony will take. LC is recurring, so it's not as if she's over her minimum.

Curtis looks adorable in his little porkpie hat, but I fervently wish he wasn't involved with Nina's baby rabies.

Is that another new Danny? Moppet!Jake is so wrong.

• Love 4

I'm not sure which is bigger bullshit - that Monica was planning to attend the wedding at Chez Corinthos or that the show had her on-screen just to cut her out of the event in favor of reminding us that Sonny and Carly are our patriarch and matriarch.  #rageembolism

And no mention of Lucas' (and Brad's) attendance/absence at all! #rageembolismx2

Good on Ava for putting Nina on blast.  I'm sure the show wants us to feel sorry for her, but I sooo don't.

Sabrina being suspicious of Paul probably just signed her death certificate.

• Love 10

This wedding stuff is so boring. My god. But it does involve all my least favorite characters (other than the top of that list, Franco). And more wedding stuff on Tuesday. Ugh. 

Franco sucks. At least he wasnt in all of Elizabeth's scenes today so I could somewhat enjoy them. 

And go Ava. 

Edited by melody16
Spelling
  • Love 5

LOL at Jason's reaction to Carly barging into the photo-taking. This was one time where a smile through gritted teeth was the perfect expression.

Oh, LORD. John McBain had the terrible tendency to say, "You look pretty" to his various women. Hamilton Finn does not need to do this, too.

Didn't Sam see Spin last month? I know it hasn't been that long. 

Since when does Liz think her parents have a perfect marriage? And I died laughing when Monica was all, "Oh...you didn't know Sam and Jason are getting married? Oops."

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Since when does Liz think her parents have a perfect marriage? And I died laughing when Monica was all, "Oh...you didn't know Sam and Jason are getting married? Oops."

And how the hell would Naomi know anything about how Liz currently feels about her family?

Btw...is Rebecca Budig supposed to be older than Liz?  Younger?  Is she between Sarah and Liz?

Gawd, and Liz's face when she found out about the wedding.  But then who gave Jake permission to go?  Wasn't he at a sleepover last night?

It's all so stupid!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Btw...is Rebecca Budig supposed to be older than Liz?  Younger?  Is she between Sarah and Liz?

I reeeeeally hope they're not going to try to sell Rebecca Budig character as younger than Liz. That will definitely lead to some hurtful (and hilarious!) mockery

Edited by Oracle42

So Spinelli can come from Portland but Monica cant go across town. And no mention of Lucas I`m shocked.

I enjoyed the pics the most. Even with BM cheesy grin and all. Though would have liked a pic with just JaSam and Danny.

Carly is going to frame the pic of Jason/Her/Michael for every room in her house ;)

Sam seeing Spinelli was cute.

LOL at Liez reaction to the wedding being today. Continues to be pathetic.

MS and MW and their OTT acting need to go. Along with Freako. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, melody16 said:

This show could care less about Liz fans. How could Liz not know the wedding was today if Jake was at the wedding? 

Correct. It's so ridic. It doesn't amuse me at all.  And I'm not even a fan. But this is unfair and unnecessary and I'll be the one to say it, lol.

• Love 3

Sam looked great in the second wedding dress. I'm disappointed that Spinelli didn't bring Georgie or Ellie and that Maxie wasn't there for the wedding. I don't get why Carly wouldn't include Lucas on his sisters big day...

Liz not knowing about the wedding beforehand was annoying. Wouldn't the babysitter be calling regarding Jake's whereabouts?

Fingers crossed Sabrina goes supersleuth and gets whacked by Paul for her troubles.

• Love 2

The wedding. The most awkward, forced, lifeless wedding EVER and it's not even partly done. The actors were totally not into it, except LW, who brought too much energy that looked ridiculous.  Painful viewing. No wonder BM looked like he'd rather be licking paint off the wall.  And no Morgan? No Joss? No Lucas or Brad? Thankfully no Monica, even though the reason was bullshit. But I really loved how once again, nobody noticed Morgan isn't at an important family wedding.

And if Franco wants to keep quiet about Liz/Hayden being sisters, since he originally planned to tell her right away, that's fine. If he wants to wait until she's out of the hospital or feeling better, that's fine too. What I absolutely HATE is that he's deciding to use this truth as a weapon to hurt Hayden and now Naomi. It's super gross how he's already bustled in and made decisions for Liz without talking to her, now he's using something that is HERS to hurt someone else and doesn't even consider how it will impact Liz. He needs several kicks to the mouth. By both Hayden and Liz.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Vella said:

But I really loved how once again, nobody noticed Morgan isn't at an important 

HA!  I totally didn't notice that Morgan - named after the groom! - wasn't there!  Again I say HA!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

That Charlie's Angels picture was epically dumb.

I groaned it was so painfully bad.  And didn't hide the fact that all those pictures are taken like school pictures with ONE background. And why wasn't Dillon the photographer? Perfect time to cue up the Morgan/Kiki/Dillon drama and also a perfect time for Morgan's messed meds to start having their effect. These writers are SO stupid.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

And why wasn't Dillon the photographer? Perfect time to cue up the Morgan/Kiki/Dillon drama and also a perfect time for Morgan's messed meds to start having their effect. These writers are SO stupid.

I'm glad that none of that Kiki/Morgan/Dillon bullshit was at the wedding. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I think that Monica made up an excuse to avoid attending Jason's wedding at the home of the man who killed her other son,  

It's bullshit that that subtext can never be text.  It's perfectly reasonable for Monica to feel that way, or even for Michael to ask if that's why.

But noooo...can't have anyone speaking negatively about the patriarch of Port Charles! #eyeroll

• Love 7

But it speaks to the incompetence of these soap writers. Having smaller storylines or B storylines woven into a MAJOR event, like a wedding, is a soap staple. Morgan's meds and the Dillon/Kiki/Morgan story should have been there. So should have Lucas/Sam discussing Julian's impending trial. Where was Nell and her scheming? Having Alexis eye the booze lustily and a 15 second mention of the trial is pretty limp.

It was no surprise that the wedding was bare, lifeless, joyless and forced. Hardly anyone there, nobody having meaningful conversations, no other stories percolating when they should be.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And no mention of Lucas' (and Brad's) attendance/absence at all! #rageembolismx2

I get that though, they don't know each other THAT well, and if they want it super intimate I understand him being left out. 

Did they mention where Morgan was or did they just lock him in the cupboard under the stairs?

I was kinda like "mind your own business Ava" even though I don't care but then said shut up Nina when she said Ava seduced a vulnerable boy. 

I liked Sabrina visiting Liz.

Weren't Griffin/Nathan/Claidette/Maxie supposed to be the hot summer quad? Why do they only have 1 day a week?

I love Sam's entire look. This seems to be a minor UO?

Loved the pictures of the girls.

I don't like Alexis boozing it up. Feels too much like watching NLG. Sorry, I'm sorry, but that's what comes to mind.

From what I have heard, "you look pretty" is a McBain line.

Uh Liz hasn't seen her parents in 20 years, she doesn't give a shit.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Vella said:

The wedding. The most awkward, forced, lifeless wedding EVER and it's not even partly done. The actors were totally not into it, except LW, who brought too much energy that looked ridiculous.  Painful viewing.

I think it's better than their first one so far. 

Kristina cracked me up when she gritted out "nobody even mention Julian's name."

43 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Liez is so...ugh. You already knew Jason and Sam were getting married so why did you feel the need to make hurt/stank faces? Get a life, damn. 

I don't understand why they even had to add that scene. For the love of God writers, don't you know it's an insult to your precious Franco to have Liz long for another man when she can have him? 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She'll cut Michael out of the one she puts in her bedroom.

Bwah. And then Jason would officially become the only character in soap history who has various women display pictures of him around their homes. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Can someone explain to me like I'm Morgan why the hell they keep doing this to Liz and her fans?

No. Clue. Either someone backstage is a Liason fan or FV thinks keeping this triangle going in the most miniscule way is a good thing. Or a message from him to Becky to remember he can always fuck up her character again.

Too paranoid?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I get that though, they don't know each other THAT well, and if they want it super intimate I understand him being left out.

They're apparently close enough that Sam happily agreed to be the "best man" at his wedding.  And it's being held in his other sister's house.  

I'm not shocked the show was too cheap to have him there, let alone his husband.  But to not even cough up a bullshit excuse as to why he isn't?  That's garbage.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm not shocked the show was too cheap to have him there, let alone his husband.  But to not even cough up a bullshit excuse as to why he isn't?  That's garbage.

Exactly. If we're going to see the whole explanation why Monica can't be at the wedding, we should hear why others who should be there won't. It makes me wonder if Lucas and Morgan even know about the wedding.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, backhometome said:

LOL as a fan of them I`m liking it much better than their jeans and shirt wedding. Love her dress.

I remember at least they had a nice reception but even then it was at night and kinda gloomy. 

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But to not even cough up a bullshit excuse as to why he isn't?  That's garbage.

Yeah, I agree with that.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No. Clue. Either someone backstage is a Liason fan or FV thinks keeping this triangle going in the most miniscule way is a good thing. Or a message from him to Becky to remember he can always fuck up her character again.

Too paranoid?

Carly got to move on, Keesha got to move on, Karen got to move on, Courtney got to move on, Robin got to move on. But Liz can't? She always has to be inserted, someway, somehow, over the years? And it's only her character who is trashed at the end of the day because of it. I'm willing to believe any theory. Because it's unfair to those who either enjoyed Liz in the past or enjoy her now to have to continue to watch this crap.

• Love 7

Well, interlopers/3rd parties like Liz is how JaSam get by. They're certainly not going to have issues with Jason being a devoted sociopath and killer. None of Jason's women have every really felt ugly about falling for a guy who loves killing people for profit. So the vast majority of their stories revolve around EVIL others trying to break up their amazing love.  It's never an internal issue.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Vella said:

Well, interlopers/3rd parties like Liz is how JaSam get by. They're certainly not going to have issues with Jason being a devoted sociopath and killer. None of Jason's women have every really felt ugly about falling for a guy who loves killing people for profit. So the vast majority of their stories revolve around EVIL others trying to break up their amazing love.  It's never an internal issue.

Time for a new interloper then. Get to casting, Frank! Liz did her time.

I want to know who is at the writer's table all, "OK, now let's have a scene where Liz reacts to Jason and Sam getting married! Liz will never end up with him and their story will never progress, but let's show her pain and shock and jealousy again!!!"

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

Sometimes, but it definitely was not their bread and butter like Nem. I don't remember anyone trying to break them up before Alexis and then when they got back together after we all thought Liason was resolved (if only), Jason mostly attended to business while Sam suggested they get married every couple of months. It was only the last year when Ron came other people got involved again.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Carly got to move on, Keesha got to move on, Karen got to move on, Courtney got to move on, Robin got to move on. But Liz can't? She always has to be inserted, someway, somehow, over the years? And it's only her character who is trashed at the end of the day because of it. I'm willing to believe any theory. Because it's unfair to those who either enjoyed Liz in the past or enjoy her now to have to continue to watch this crap.

I know. They shit all over LL2 with this crap too, and that was a couple probably more popular than either Jasam or Liason (simply because the ratings were way higher during Liz/Lucky than by the time Sam, or Liz/Jason part 2 came along).

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Vella said:

The wedding. The most awkward, forced, lifeless wedding EVER and it's not even partly done. The actors were totally not into it, except LW, who brought too much energy that looked ridiculous.  Painful viewing. No wonder BM looked like he'd rather be licking paint off the wall.  And no Morgan? No Joss? No Lucas or Brad?

• I guess the bride and groom slept together the night before the wedding because they were showing off their rebel natures again.
  • Typically, aren't the wedding pictures taken AFTER the ceremony when the wedding party is assembled and snapped and the cake is eaten, etc? Since when are the wedding pictures all about the guests mugging for the cameras?
  • My blood pressure started to rise when they made Sam and Jason change clothes from the outfits they had chosen. What an insult to the bride, who usually has special reasons for choosing her own wedding garments! Kristina needed to be bitch-slapped for presuming to buy a different dress for Sam (because apparently Kristina didn't care what Sam chose to wear; Kristina was planning to force a change to the dress SHE had bought.)
  • Alexis, the Matron of Honor, was busy getting bombed on wine again, and when the wedding march queued up, Alexis wasn't in it! Duh, the Matron of Honor marches in front of the bride! Get your butt in line, Alexis!
  • Spinelli as officiator was macabre, another homage to the rebel natures of the bride and groom. He tends to be clownish, but a wedding ceremony needs some tone of seriousness or even spirituality about it.
  • Congratulations to Monica for finding a reason to avoid attending the embarrassing mess in Sonny's unholy house, since he had killed her son.
  • Love 3