Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I just got caught up on all the episodes and this thread, and yet I can't stop thinking about how Alexis's big wedding hairstyle was her regular fugly hairstyle + a Bumpit. Brad's hair also gets Dishonorable Mention. It looks like he got drunk with some friends and was the first to pass out.

Sonny standing up and knocking out Dixon with one punch was like a scene out of the old Batman TV series. It just needed a KA-POW! graphic for emphasis.

Also, Franco telling the doctor how awesome Kiki is made me laugh. I didn't think they were going for that but it was still funny to me. 

Ha, that whole thing was so stupid/hilarious. As if telling Griffin that Kiki is beloved will make him try harder to save her life. I wish he'd said, "oh in that case, I'll wash my hands before I cut her open."

• Love 8

I actually loved the early Carly/Patrick because he was just using her to annoy Robin. Which brings me to one of my favorite scenes where Patrick told Robin he never slept with Carly and she asked him why he basically led her to believe that and he said, "To annoy you." Hee.

I loved that scene, and just the way JT/Patrick said it was awesome.

• Love 3

I'm catching up on Wed-Fri. I don't think Carly changed her clothes. I think that was under her coat, and she just took it off. She could've gotten blood on her hands from the coat too. In PC time, the shootout/Morgan freakout/Lulu drowning seems to have taken place evening into the wee hours of the night into the next day. No one changed clothes besides Maxie, Nina, and Morgan. Maybe Franco. Morgan looks like he's barely changed though, maybe that's me.

"It's either her or I." *shudders* Whoever wrote that line needs his or her WGA card revoked.

Morgan looks like he's barely changed though, maybe that's me.

It cracks me up that they don't keep men in hospital gowns for very long—once/if they're conscious, it's those stupid T-shirts. 

• Love 2

My last reason to watch GH disappeared when Sonny stood on the hospital ledge, balanced perfectly (what gunshot wound and paralysis?) and talked Morgan down.

I bit my lip as the entire town kissed Sonny's ring after he saved them at the wedding (where he shouldn't have been). I punched myself to dull the pain when everyone continued to sing Sonny's praise as a parent while he continued to be the "Don of the Southern Shores" or whatever his mafia title is. And I threw up in my mouth when, in the hospital chapel, he told new doctor that General Hospital was the HEART AND SOUL of Port Charles. But I just can't anymore with what happened with Morgan, the docks, the drugs and the hospital ledge.

Therefore, I'm pleased to announce that I've been accepted into the March 1, 2016 Orientation class for the barge (to be followed by the "every hour is happy hour" margarita party in the Lido deck lounge). I look forward to the Aqua Zumba classes in the barge pool, the monthly wine country tours and the "remember when" symposiums in the theater.

RIP GH.

• Love 21

I'm bedridden with the flu and have finally caught up with every show I actually care about watching and may resort to some GH this week.  Am accepting bets on whether it will make the nausea better or worse.

• Love 6
Therefore, I'm pleased to announce that I've been accepted into the March 1, 2016 Orientation class for the barge (to be followed by the "every hour is happy hour" margarita party in the Lido deck lounge). I look forward to the Aqua Zumba classes in the barge pool, the monthly wine country tours and the "remember when" symposiums in the theater.

There will be cruise-ship-style musical entertainment by past cast members including Wally Kurth, Jack Wagner, and Jamie Ray Newman. Jonathan Jackson may come by for a song or two, but he's too busy to commit to a full show. 

• Love 2

I'm bedridden with the flu and have finally caught up with every show I actually care about watching and may resort to some GH this week.  Am accepting bets on whether it will make the nausea better or worse.

You might think you're hallucinating from the fever, but you aren't.

• Love 5

Felicia looks amazing. And someone should tell Maxie maybe Nathan loves Claudette because she doesn't try to shake him out of his sleep after he's just received a damn gunshot wound. The stuffed poodle was cute.

Aidan is adorable.

That's about all I paid attention to.

• Love 7

It was nice to see Felicia today, ditto her and Maxie actually exchanging dialogue.  Of course, Felicia also had to soap block whatever Dr. Griffin was going to say to Anna about why he looked familiar.

So is Rebecca Budig's father going to be the new anti-Sonny mobster who tries to take over Port Charles?  How excizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 10

Who the fuck asked for this talking tree/Maxie/Claudette poodle bitch shit? If they can't come up with anything better for this couple then kill it and then kill the tree. 

I assume Sam hopped on the town teleporter and that's how she made it to Shriners Hospitals for Children® in Philadelphia so fast. 

• Love 8

HA! Loved Mama Felicia teasing her would-be son-in-law Nathan with Claudette the stuffed bitch! All I have to say is Nathan's lies had better be worth it. Claudette needs to be an important character to support his duplicity.

• Love 1

Usually any day without the Corinthii and Nina and Franco is a good day, but today was especially good!  JE was wonderful (and makes Rebeca Budig tolerable) and it was great to see Felicia again.  I wish they'd let vets like her, Mac and Laura have actual stories instead of just being sounding boards for their children. 

I also enjoyed Anna and Andre and think they have nice chemistry.  BM was great with the kids, too.  The little boy who plays Aiden is adorable. 

• Love 1

So is Rebecca Budig's father going to be the new anti-Sonny mobster who tries to take over Port Charles?

The way she was talking about him to Tracy made me think he's a ponzy scheme type of guy who may not have been guilty, but judged accordingly.  I don't know why anyone would care about that though.  

The rumour that she was Paul or Ashton's daughter doesn't seem to be the case because she rattled off those names to Tracy today, as though she didn't know them.  

And someone should tell Maxie maybe Nathan loves Claudette

Someone should have told Maxie that Nathan had a love life in the 25 years before he met her and that it's perfectly okay and doesn't mean that he'll cheat with her again.  

Wait, what hospital is Jake in? I didn't quite catch the name.

Shriners HOspital for Children.  Apparently they have hospitals all over the United States, Canada and Mexico.  Also, they are really good at accepting all patients no matter their financial status.  Allegedly

I know the actors have to say it for the PSA of it, but oy vey it's such clunky dialogue.  

• Love 3

The way she was talking about him to Tracy made me think he's a ponzy scheme type of guy who may not have been guilty, but judged accordingly. I don't know why anyone would care about that though.

The rumour that she was Paul or Ashton's daughter doesn't seem to be the case because she rattled off those names to Tracy today, as though she didn't know them.

Someone should have told Maxie that Nathan had a love life in the 25 years before he met her and that it's perfectly okay and doesn't mean that he'll cheat with her again.

Shriners HOspital for Children. Apparently they have hospitals all over the United States, Canada and Mexico. Also, they are really good at accepting all patients no matter their financial status. Allegedly

I know the actors have to say it for the PSA of it, but oy vey it's such clunky dialogue.

Will Liz ever talk to Jake about what happened to him when Helena held him captive?

I was wondering that too, if now that the plot point need for his acting out is over, any mental/behavioral problems Jake might have had from his captivity on Cassadine Island are just, poof, gone.

if now that the plot point need for his acting out is over, any mental/behavioral problems Jake might have had from his captivity on Cassadine Island are just, poof, gone.

If they insist on keeping the same kid actor, this is my preferred action. If they recast with someone who can actually act, a story about the aftereffects of Cassadine Island might work. But the writing will never be adequate.

• Love 3

The Griffin actor is just so embarrassing to me. I feel bad for him.

I guess we can rule out Paul and Larry as Hayden's father. This story is so dumb. Who even cares?

Aiden is adorable and I love him. 

I can't at Liz making her sad face after Jason said he was gonna call Sam or whatever. I thought we were done with this shit.

The Maddox/Anna scenes were bizarre to me. I don't really know why but they just did not work imo.

I love Felicia idec! Her getting the stuffed dog for Nathan was so cute. That being said, this story is already stupid and horrible and it's barely begun.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Enough already! Even the damn doctor kept repeating Shriners Hospital for Children. 'At Shriners hospital for children, we are experts! Shriners hospital knows just how to treat patients so they aren't in pain...you can take him home but he'll have to come back to shriners hOspital for check ups.'

Because you know, with the hospital name plastered all over every door, we had no idea where they were. ::rme::

• Love 2

As someone who isn't/wasn't averse to Jordan and Andre when the show dropped that on us originally, today's episode basically made me go "Yeah, Jordan who?  Boy, go get you some crumpets."  Not that FH couldn't have chemistry with an actual pastry, but she and Anthony Montgomery clicked in a gentle way today.  Me likey.

Between that, Tracy's unknown illness, and Nik looking like a roid-raging Pee-Wee Herman...I actually didn't have any real problems with today's episode.  (Maybe the increasingly clunky Shriners Hospital mentions, but just this once I'm going to let it go.)  I think I also tended to ignore the whole Claudette thing, but as I put it elsewhere: I doubt she's a dog, but she may well turn out to be a bitch.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 5

I can't at Liz making her sad face after Jason said he was gonna call Sam or whatever. I thought we were done with this shit.

What the hell is wrong with her? Her lies and desperation for married dick led to her house blowing up and her zombie psycho son ending up at Shriners Hospital for Children in Philadelphia and she's STILL out here making sad bitch faces because Jason is talking to his wife? I need for her to be slapped until she starts acting right. 

• Love 14
Even the damn doctor kept repeating Shriners Hospital for Children.

The PSA comes more naturally from a doctor, IMO. This one works there, so it makes sense she knows what Shriners Hospitals for Children™ can do. When one of the cast starts spouting—like Carly, of all people—it couldn't sound more forced.

As I wrote earlier, it's a shame this is becoming a punch line, because they really do great work.

• Love 2

What the hell is wrong with her? Her lies and desperation for married dick led to her house blowing up and her zombie psycho son ending up at Shriners Hospital for Children in Philadelphia and she's STILL out here making sad bitch faces because Jason is talking to his wife? I need for her to be slapped until she starts acting right. 

I just need a break from this whole damn triangle. I don't even care if they don't ended completely. I just need a few months break from it. It basically defined Jason't entire storyline since he returned. I need for the show to move on now. 

• Love 11

Why did every actor have tears in their eyes today?

Wouldn't you cry if you had this shitty material all the time? I'm surprised they don't openly sob every day.

How did Sam get to the Shriners Hospitals for Children at Philadelphia so quickly?

PC's wormhole, of course!

I really don't want Griffin to be Anna's kid, but the signs are already pointing that way. Maybe he can just think she's his mom and then he finds out she isn't. Because, no thanks!

The bow ties were pretty cute.

I liked Sam arranging a special night for Julian and Alexis and Carly making sure Sam (& Julexis) knew she okayed it for her, not them.

Noooo, Tracy!

• Love 7
I liked Sam arranging a special night for Julian and Alexis and Carly making sure Sam (& Julexis) knew she okayed it for her, not them.

I thought the bit about Carly okaying it for Sam's sake was a bit weird; they aren't exactly besties. With all the bad press the MetroCourt has had recently—the Jason/Nik fight, for example—I'd think Carly would shut up and take the money. The bridal suite probably doesn't come cheap. Or Sam could have arranged it with Olivia, though that might have meant Liv would barge in at inappropriate times to check they had enough towels.

• Love 5

I really don't want Griffin to be Anna's kid, but the signs are already pointing that way.

Yup. They might as well tattoo "I'm Anna's Son With Duke. Don't Ask How" on Griffin's forehead between his stalking and staring and Anna crying about Duke's death and not having any family near her.

• Love 1

I thought the bit about Carly okaying it for Sam's sake was a bit weird; they aren't exactly besties. With all the bad press the MetroCourt has had recently—the Jason/Nik fight, for example—I'd think Carly would shut up and take the money. The bridal suite probably doesn't come cheap. Or Sam could have arranged it with Olivia, though that might have meant Liv would barge in at inappropriate times to check they had enough towels.

I'd say Sam and Carly are frenemies. Plus, Jason asked Carly to check up on/look after/whatever Sam so maybe Carly thinks of the free room as doing that.

• Love 6