Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So Robert's gone just like that? He'll be "just as effective" looking for Carlos without Anna? Okay, Show.

Anna: I'm on contract so I've returned to Port Charles for whatever wheel-spinning story is next while recurring guest star Robert continues the search off-screen, which should last until Teresa Castillo's pregnancy leave is over.

• Love 6

So Robert's gone just like that? He'll be "just as effective" looking for Carlos without Anna? Okay, Show.

LOL at Jason's lack of urgency while looking for Sam. He can hear the fire alarm!

Robert knows better than to stay too long in Port Charles; he's seen how it warps the minds of even the strongest people.

• Love 5

So basically every time Liz attempts to even have a miniscule moment of self-awareness, she is immediately coddled and poo-pooh'ed and told she is a good mom. That is what I got from the Liz/Franco scenes today. Yes, Liz, your blind hate and blame of Sam transferred to Jake and led him to his feelings about Sam breaking up their family. Because you said it all the damn time!

What are people supposed to tell her? I don't understand the notion that she needs to be kicked while she's down. Her son was just hit by a car, her house was just blown up. Why is it necessary that everyone she talks to tell her she's a bad mother and everything is her fault. 

Sam was so pathetic today. I guess she only held on for Jason, and not her son. 

Also Liz's house blowing up, leaving her literally homeless is just overkill. She lost Jason, her son was hit by a car, she thinks her son murdered Sam. Having her lose all her possessions because of a stupid lie is just ridiculous.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 11

I can't believe Liz is providing redemption for Franco. STAHP.

Right, everyone in town is gawking at Sonny in a wheelchair. Spare me.

The explosion itself was pretty good. Too bad that probably wrecked the budget for the rest of the year. 

• Love 8
What are people supposed to tell her?

They can tell Liz, "At least you know you made mistakes. Learn from them. Now's the time to try to make things right." There. Not kicking her while she's down but also not whitewashing her. It can be done.

Liz will never learn permanently and grow if folks keep patting her on the head.

• Love 21

They can tell Liz, "At least you know you made mistakes. Learn from them. Now's the time to try to make things right." There. Not kicking her while she's down but also not whitewashing her. It can be done.

Liz will never learn permanently and grow if folks keep patting her on the head.

Liz already knows this though. She doesn't need the people in her life to basically agree with her that she's a bad mother. That's not going to help her any. its not like she's walking away from these conversations thinking that she did nothing wrong, and that she didn't cause a lot of this.

Liz clearly knows that her lie put these events in motion. She's aware of what's going on based on her breakdown tomorrow.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 3

WOW, didn't know people could just go romping through the admitting part of the hospital  carrying people without going to the ER first!! OH, pardon me, that was king Jason right? Exception noted!!!!

He had a brain when he loved Robin: when he saved her from Tony, Robin got pneumonia? But Jason burst through the ER, telling the Port Charles cast/doctors that she was also HIV, and I won't lie, I got the squishies, hoping that they would get back together again, and they did. Until Cujo returned.

It just feels like the writers have now created a scenario where people who have a legitimate reason to be angry with Liz can't be.  Take Monica.  Instead of Liz making a token mention of ignoring Monica's pain and Monica - because she's not a monster - kinda brushing that aside to comfort Liz in this moment of crisis, why not let these women have an actual conversation where Monica gets to fully express her feelings, Liz apologizes, and then they move forward?

I find this to be lazy writing.  And it's not just Liz, they pulled similar shit after Sonny got shot, where he kept talking about how awful he was and how sorry he was, but Michael, Dante, Kristina, etc. lined up to poo-pooh all that.

What's even worse, going back to today, is how the show is using Liz to leapfrog Franco forward.  She could use a friend right now, that friend should not be Franco.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 21

Couldn't Jason muster up even a tiny bit of emotion for Sam? She might as well have dropped a bunch of papers on the floor for all the concern he showed. I do not understand what Billy Miller is (or isn't) doing here.

I find this to be lazy writing.  And it's not just Liz, they pulled similar shit after Sonny got shot, where he kept talking about how awful he was and how sorry he was, but Michael, Dante, Kristina, etc. lined up to poo-pooh all that.

They really need to let people be hated for genuine reasons for a while.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I don't remember who is stone to Sonny

Think Oliver, Sonny is Fagin to Stone, Stone was a teen working for the scum, who was a mobster, He loves his kids though. He also drugged Karen to get her to pole dance for him. Then sainted Sonny paid to bury him.

• Love 2

It just feels like the writers have now created a scenario where people who have a legitimate reason to be angry with Liz can't be.  Take Monica.  Instead of Liz making a token mention of ignoring Monica's pain and Monica - because she's not a monster - kinda brushing that aside to comfort Liz in this moment of crisis, why not let these women have an actual conversation where Monica gets to fully express her feelings, Liz apologizes, and then they move forward?

I find this to be lazy writing.  And it's not just Liz, they pulled similar shit with Sonny all the time where he would talk about how awful he was, how sorry he was, and people would rush to tell him there was nothing to be sorry about.  Urgh.

They should have absolutely had scenes with Monica and Liz like that, but when Liz is watching over her son in the hospital, isn't really the time.

• Love 3

He had a brain when he loved Robin: when he saved her from Tony, Robin got pneumonia? But Jason burst through the ER, telling the Port Charles cast/doctors that she was also HIV, and I won't lie, I got the squishies, hoping that they would get back together again, and they did. Until Cujo returned.

Ah, y'all need to stop giving me JnR feels. HE LOVED HER SO MUCH. I'M OK.

• Love 4

They should have absolutely had scenes with Monica and Liz like that, but when Liz is watching over her son in the hospital, isn't really the time.

That's my point, the writers' priority was to basically rush through the fallout from Liz's deception and, sadly probably more a priority, use this new status quo to prop up Franco.  "Look, Monica's over it, so so should you, viewer!  Look how supportive Franco is being, can't you just shut up about his SERIAL KILLER past now?".

And it's like...that's not how long-form serialized storytelling works, show.

• Love 14

I know. I was expecting Nina to walk in and start shrieking about Liz moving in on her man.

If Ron was still writing, he definitely wouldn't have passed up the "an innocent hug is misinterpreted by a jealous partner" soap trope, my least favorite of all.  How many times did have to sit through that with John McBain and his wimmin?

Jason had no use for the Q's after he was the borg. Monica was nothing to him, the same way AJ didn't deserve his son, Jason never lies, he just kills. Poor Jake, a child, kidnaped and kept from his family no one knows what they put him through.. Sorry Sam but they are also your family.. Jake ran because he was scared. Hardly his fault that Sam can't go down stairs and wears 7 inch heels. It was an accident. She lit the stove. heater. I don't dislike Sam, and I don't think Liz was right to lie. Actually I can't see why either of them want a killer for hire raising their sons. They need to keep Billy Miller, as anyone else, and let the chips fall where they may with whichever one has the chemistry with him. Jason dead s a very ,very, very good thing. I cheered when he was killed, and wanted Sonny next.

Edited by testardo
  • Love 8

That house explosion had some of the best effects I've seen on GH in a long time.

I just realized something though....had Kristina not been in town, Jason wouldn't of found Sam in time and she would of died in that explosion. So yeah, thank god Krissy's life is such a mess.

• Love 1

Why was there a ginormous container of flammable oil in the basement in the first place?  Where I live (here in the 21st century) most houses use electric or gas heat.  Even older houses that used to use oil have either had the container removed or at least, emptied if it can't be removed for their safety.  

• Love 3

That house explosion had some of the best effects I've seen on GH in a long time.

All I kept focusing on was that 200 lb Jason landed on top of 90 lb Sam (or the body doubles did anyway!) probably knocked the wind right out of her and cracked all her ribs.  

• Love 6

All I kept focusing on was that 200 lb Jason landed on top of 90 lb Sam (or the body doubles did anyway!) probably knocked the wind right out of her and cracked all her ribs.  

LOL! I was thinking the same thing!

Edited by ihaterealitytv38

I guess today is really a difference of opinions on what we all see.   I thought Billy actually emoted today.  Especially the panic when he brought her into the ER and yelled that he was her husband.  It was a thing of beauty to FINALLY see SOMETHING out of him.

And ALL women become pathetic around Jason.  It's not just a Sam thing.  Sam waited for him to save her (although I am thinking she would have been ok if ANYONE found her, but whatever..) Liz lies about his identity and plays house with a married man because she KNOWS he'll leave her sorry ass, Carly....well Carly is Carly. 

And nobody needs to kick Liz while she is down, but to basically poo poo what she did is not helping anyone.  And it's not even about what she did to Jason anymore, it's the damage she caused Jake.  Her admitting it is a good step, but all the "Oh you're a GREAT MOM, don't beat yourself up" crap is NOT helping anyone.  Least of all Liz who needs to LEARN from this shit so she doesn't repeat it in 2 years.

And the fact that his head conveniently landed right on her chest.  I bet he didn't even get a scratch with a nice landing like that.

• Love 11

How considerate of the house to wait until Sam and Jason were already outside before it blew up! But yeah I agree with Perkie that Jason landing on top of Sam would have broken all her ribs and probably crushed her lungs to boot lol!

And the fact that his head conveniently landed right on her chest.

Only after the commercial though!!  When they first show it, she's in his arms and they go flying so he would have landed right on her, face down, full force. In real life her body would have been indented into the earth!!

But when they came back from commercial, he was sort of on her side, with his head on her chest.  

• Love 1

If RH had been recast as Steven Lars Webber then he would have a good reason to be hugging Liz,  Franco character such a wasteful black hole.

I agree with everyone, I was SHOCKED how good the explosion looked, too good, someone should be very seriously injured or dead.

• Love 2

I thought Billy actually emoted today.  Especially the panic when he brought her into the ER and yelled that he was her husband.

I had mixed feelings about that.  I did chuckle when the doctor was all "I have to check her out" and Jason was all "then go check on her", but then I remembered that I despise Jason and he was being all mighty and it pissed me off.  

• Love 1

And ALL women become pathetic around Jason. It's not just a Sam thing. Sam waited for him to save her (although I am thinking she would have been ok if ANYONE found her, but whatever..)

I know this is gonna be a UO, but whatever, lol. I'm just gonna focus on Sam for this mini-rant. I don't think anything Sam did today with Jason was pathetic or made her look pathetic. It's actually what soap romance is about. "I held on because of you" and "I knew you'd save me" etc etc is classic soap OTP dialogue. It just is. I get if people who aren't fans take issue with it or think Sam shouldn't care about Jason for whatever reason or think she should just be about her son, but this is her main dude. Would there ever be an issue if it was the man saying these words to a woman? If Jason got hurt and told Sam "I held on because of you," would it be pathetic? Or is that actually what some think should happen? That the man should say these things instead of the other way around? Because I've noticed that with a lot of ships. There's almost this expectation for the male part of the ship to cater to the woman and kiss her ass ala Patrick in Samtrick.

• Love 11

I had mixed feelings about that.  I did chuckle when the doctor was all "I have to check her out" and Jason was all "then go check on her", but then I remembered that I despise Jason and he was being all mighty and it pissed me off.  

It's nice that Jason shows more emotion for Sam, then he does his son. I guess him and Sam belong together in that regards seeing as Sam hasn't thought of Danny once during all of this.

• Love 1

I honestly can't see Jason ever saying this.

LOL. It was just an example. But Jason has said a lot of lovey-dovey crap with various women though the years, believe it or not.

Edited by HeatLifer

I honestly can't see Jason ever saying this

Billy's version might.  SBu's version would just grunt while looking into the distance before heading off and drinking some Metamucil.  

• Love 4

If RH had been recast as Steven Lars Webber then he would have a good reason to be hugging Liz,  Franco character such a wasteful black hole.

I agree with everyone, I was SHOCKED how good the explosion looked, too good, someone should be very seriously injured or dead.

Guess they really wanted blow up Liz's house.

That totally random moment at the Floating Rib where a couple of extras casually observe Sonny being carted (at no point saying anything mean) in by his Mamawife immediately turning into S&C being butthurt and Carly hissing about people minding their own business was hilarious.

S&C, so big and tough can't handle two people sparing them a glance without being OFFENDED.

My God, we better get more of this. I need it if I'm going to watch their scenes.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 7

I really dont understand the Liez/Franco scenes. Him telling her she a good person/mother etc is not endearing her to me at all. A Serial killer being her sounding board is not doing her any favors. Just another person to pat her on the head and tell her how she did no wrong. Lol at her house going up in flames.

Jeez took Jason long enough to find Sam. Even though I was expecting it I hate that Sam is all Jason Jason Jason. Please live for you son and family. How nice of Jason to play the husband card now. Though I did see some emotion from BM.

• Love 8
I really dont understand the Liez/Franco scenes. Him telling her she a good person/mother etc is not endearing her to me at all. A Serial killer being her sounding board is not doing her any favors.

It's as much as Franco getting redeemed as Liz. Look, the SERIAL KILLER can comfort the upset mother of a young psychopath!

• Love 4

It's as much as Franco getting redeemed as Liz. Look, the SERIAL KILLER can comfort the upset mother of a young psychopath!

I think it's more Franco than Liz (if it even is Liz at all).  They skipped over a lot of the fallout from the whole Jake/Jason reveal to get right to using Liz's story to prop Franco up.  They won't put in the work to redeem her from the crap they've piled on her, but they'll absolutely use her to redeem Franco.  

• Love 5

OK I am one of the most vocal "Liz better pay!" crowd members, but I feel like this is overkill. And what really annoys me about it is that now I have to feel bad for Liz, which I assume is exactly what the intent was. Fucking dammit.

Although tbh it's coming off like Liz barely gives a fuck about any of this. I'm finding BH's acting very odd lately. Liz gets a call that her house blows up and she's like "OK well anyway." If her breakdown in the promo is over Jason saying Sam's his wife I'm gonna roll my eyes so hard.

So basically every time Liz attempts to even have a miniscule moment of self-awareness, she is immediately coddled and poo-pooh'ed and told she is a good mom.

I hate this. The same thing happens all the time with Maxie when she does something stupid and tries to acknowledge how horrible she is and whoever she's talking to just coddles and absolves her. Let people fucking learn for fuck's sake!

My sister watched today's ep with me. When Franco hugged Liz she literally busted out laughing. And then when they were talking in the hospital chapel she said, "Why is he here?" LOL!

The editing today was so weird again. Liz gets a phone call about the fire while she's in the chapel and then the phone call ends with her in the main hospital area. I loled.

This Anna/Andre/Jordan thing is somehow horrible and boring at the same time. And it's barely even started. Wow.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4