Type keyword(s) to search

The Jacksons: Next Generation - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Loved the tribute the show did for Delores (Dee Dee) at the end of the show.  It made my tears flow.

That shit had me bawling like a baby last week!

I don't see them as hanging on to Michael's coattails so much.  He was their uncle who helped them get their group going and he also helped them get through the death of their mother.  I think they looked up to him as a mentor and someone they loved very much.  Its really easy to see these people as money grubbing hangers on, but I'm not getting that vibe from these guys.  I sense real love and family closeness with them.  They miss Michael just like I miss my uncles who have passed and were an integral part of my life growing up.  That's how I feel anyway.

I agree.  Watching last night's episode, I kept saying to myself, "I really like these guys.  They're really genuinely nice guys."  And it seems like they were super close to Michael, as well as the rest of the family, which is cool for a family that large and that famous.  

For some reason, I know that "Anything" song.  I don't recall ever seeing or listening to 3T, but I knew all the words to that song.  So strange.

Royal is his son from a previous relationship...before he got with his wife I think. They celebrated their 10 year anniversary in the first epi and Royal is in his teens. Francis is a saint. She is holding everything down for real.

I thought I heard during that anniversary episode that they'd been together something like 17 years, or did I make that up?

I've never seen Taryll smile so much as he did this last episode. Being away from that Bitch Breanna and performing must be his happy spot. He needs to lose the Wench...for real. The rest of his weight will fall off when he doesn't have the bride of Chucky constantly berating him.

PS: Bitchface Breanna wants to marry Tarryl. Even though by her own words, she can't stand being around him or talking to him. I hope he didn't marry her. Grow a backbone dude!

Ugh!  I can't stand this chick.  She's so vile.  I wonder if she starts bashing Taryll to his family about how he never does anything for her before or after she decides she wants to get married.

• Love 4

I really like the brothers. They do seem like regular nice guys. The Jacksons have always been snark worthy but I truly believe that Michael's kids being part of a big loving family after Michael's death has been a real benefit to them. I know Paris has had her problems but that is understandable considering everything that has happened. Prince and Blanket seem to have thrived being with the family and seem to enjoy being a part of it. 

I think TJ and his wife married 10 years ago but have been together much longer. I am pretty sure Royal is her son as well. Only Frances' first two children are from her previous relationship. The other four are theirs together. TJ and Frances seem like a real couple working together for their family. 

I agree with everyone about Taryll's girlfriend/wife, don't know which she actually is. She must get off on making Taryll feel like crap. I think he stays for the kids and likely believes that family is forever, no matter what. I also get the feeling she is not popular with his brothers as well. I feel like Taj and Taryll need therapy to deal with their mom's death. To me, Taj seems just as overwhelmingly sad as Taryll and unable to move forward. TJ almost seems like a second father to his brothers and he is the youngest. I can see why he is co-guardian to Michael's kids. He comes across as someone who is extremely responsible. I also wish I had his ability to be so polite, even when talking to the crazy-wannabe sister.

I really like these guys and want the best for them. It's very strange. I don't normally feel that way about reality show people. I was never even a 3T fan. Maybe it's the empathy I feel for the loss of their mother and how it still affects them today. 

• Love 6

I hate Breanna.  I want her to just...go away. Like find some rich sad sack who'll take her away from everything if she leaves the kids behind.  It's terrible, but I'm 2000% sure Taryll could find a better woman.  I've never seen someone display their hatefullness full stop so soon into a reality show.  Most people would put on and do their best to look sweet and loving, even if everyone really knew the truth. She's just...literally she's worse than ALL the housewives on bravo lol.

I was so happy for Taryll when Vie showed up and said all the things he had been saying.  All her berating and he just stood there smiling because he KNEW it and finally had someone agreeing with him.

Taj still just doesn't talk. And now it's official for me...He got roped into this 3T business. I'll never believe he wanted any of it.  And if he could ensure the family time without the group/touring, I bet he'd be down with that too.

• Love 6

Home sick and came across this on demand.

At first, I wanted to snark SO HARD; but, surprisingly, I can't!! The brothers all seem like genuinely nice dudes. Breanna, though? I want her to go as far away as possible and leave sweetie Taryell ALONE!

Prince seems like a cool kid; outgoing, stable. Wow. Good Job, TJ and co.!

I will snark, though, that in 3 generations, there won't be such a thing as a black Jackson anymore.

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 6

I watched. Doubtful I'll watch again. It reminded me of the brief show the original Jacksons did a few years ago - a lot of hemming and hawing and very little actual action. Will we get our collective acts together to make an album? Oh, the tension. Oh, the drama. Oh, however will we make ends meet? Pffft.

That old Jackson's show was a joke. I remember this long crying scene where Jermaine explains why he left the group in 1975, saying he felt loyalty to Motown. That's not what was weird, it was Tito Jackie and Marlon all saying that they had no idea that was the reason. WUT?? You expect us to think 40 years went by and this subject never came up? Lying liars.

With that said, the current show is just sad. Nobody cares about them

Edited by KHenry14
  • Love 1

I remember this long crying scene where Jermaine explains why he left the group in 1975, saying he felt loyalty to Motown. That's not what was weird, it was Tito Jackie and Marlon all saying that they had no idea that was the reason. WUT?? You expect us to think 40 years went by and this subject never came up? Lying liars.

That's interesting, considering that specific incident of Jermaine leaving the group out of loyalty was mentioned in the movie (which I've seen too many times to share....I love me some Jacksons: An American Dream).

• Love 1

That's interesting, considering that specific incident of Jermaine leaving the group out of loyalty was mentioned in the movie (which I've seen too many times to share....I love me some Jacksons: An American Dream).

"GO TO BED JOSEPH! GO.TO.BED!"

Oscar winning work, right there.

I just wanna know what made Jermaine think it was ok to fuck and marry his brother's wife.  And how many(if any) of his brothers stopped fucking with him for that.

• Love 3

Looks like this is the season finale. 

This was taped quite some time ago, but I want to call Taryll and implore him not to marry that woman he had children with.  The lunch with TJ and Frances just highlighted the fact that Taryll and Breanna need to break up.  She can barely stand Taryll and says shady shit to him in front of his family!  Girl, let that man go so he can be happy.  "I wanna get married, either to you or someone else."  Who says that? The contempt is also clear on her face whenever she looks at him.

• Love 3

I swear if Taryll marries that evil beast he procreated with he's too far gone to rescue.  I was getting a little giddy when I thought he was giving her the heave ho at their "talk", and then she starts talking about marriage and he simmers.  I have a feeling he's going to stay with her just for the children and I bet you a nickel to a donut they end up married in the near future.  And I have a question.  That youngest boy of theirs, is that his natural hair color or did they do a dye job on him?  Its so light in the front and dark in the back and looks like its been streaked.  If it is dyed, how trashy is that?  He's just a baby.

And I'm sorry, but Prince Jackson looks just like the late Dr. Klein.  Just like him!

Watching again and I can't believe how Breanna says, "I changed my mind about something...I want to get married.", like she expected Taryll to grab her, swing her around yelling, "Yes!  Yes!  Yes!"  Not only is she an evil harpy, she's a delusional evil harpy.  She's also a very entitled delusional evil harpy.  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5

swankie, agree 100% with everything you said. Taryll's witch only cares about one thing...money. Her entire argument centered around it "he never buys me anything", "I want to buy a $3000 purse".  If Taryll marries her, he'll be eternally miserable AND broke!!

P.S. No doubt Dr. Klein is Prince's father. They can deny it all they want...unless Klein's brother donated sperm.

• Love 3

Oh my goodness.  Bre is a heinous hose beast.  Her whole, "he never buys me anything.  I never have access to any of that [his] money.  If I want to buy a $3000 bag, I should be able to do so without asking for permission."  The looks the other 3 were giving each other as she spoke was hilarious.  And then to say that she wouldn't want her sons to be anything like Taryll.  The fuck?  I'm glad that Frances stepped in and said that he has tons of great qualities and good things about him.  No wonder he's fat.  Look at the shit she says in front of other people (and on camera).  She probably mentally abuses and shames him even more when people aren't around.  She's so fucking vile!  And now her whole manipulation of, "I want to get married. I deserve it," is such bullshit and aclear manipulation.  I just think she realized that she won't have real access to anything until they get married.  

This was taped quite some time ago, but I want to call Taryll and implore him not to marry that woman he had children with. 

I was thinking the same thing.  I just kept yelling at the TV, don't do it Taryll.  Don't marry her; break it off!  I was getting very giddy during their dinner scene when he straight up told her he wasn't happy with her and doesn't like her very much.  I thought his next statement was going to be, I need you to move out of my house.  But alas; it was not to be.  Can we start a Save Taryll campaign?

I really want TJ to be my guardian.  I know I'm in my 30s already, but he could be like the friend I go to for advice on deep shit.  I have to admit that the scene with him and Prince made me tear up a bit.  Those kids are very lucky.

I must say that I enjoyed this show and hope it comes back.

Also, why wasn't Taj's wife at his birthday bowl.  She could have had them blur her face out.  Just weird.

• Love 2

Thought this was interesting:

https://twitter.com/iambreanacabral

Sorry I was trying to upload a screen shot of her twitter, but couldn't figure out how to do it.  If you scroll down, there are a bunch of tweets where she's upset about what TJ says in reference to her, how the lunch conversation between the 2 couples was onside, and that people shouldn't talk when they don't know the whole truth.

I caught the first two, and season finale episodes of this show. Even without watching the entire season, I pegged Taryll's girlfriend as a a gold digger, looking only to attach herself to the Jackson name, and improve her lot in life. She was so disrespectful, and IMO, once one partner loses respect for the other, the relationship is over. When she criticized the way he speaks, saying he speaks in monotone, and doesn't provide for her the way he should, I wanted to scream! It couldn't be more obvious that she doesn't care about him; she cares only about what he can do/provide for her.

I actually felt sorry for him, and hope he will respect himself enough to leave her, and find a real life partner, because she sure isn't it!

Edited by sunshine85
  • Love 4

Thought this was interesting:

https://twitter.com/iambreanacabral

Sorry I was trying to upload a screen shot of her twitter, but couldn't figure out how to do it.  If you scroll down, there are a bunch of tweets where she's upset about what TJ says in reference to her, how the lunch conversation between the 2 couples was onside, and that people shouldn't talk when they don't know the whole truth.

Bre?  BITCH PLEASE!! You do not want your sons to grow up like their dad??  I certainly do not want them to grow up and get involved with a ratchet trick like yourself!!  You obviously see nothing wrong with your treatment of sweet Taryll.  That makes you a textbook example of a narcissistic sociopath, which makes you batshit crazy and UGLY inside and out.

• Love 6

I swear if Taryll marries that evil beast he procreated with he's too far gone to rescue. I was getting a little giddy when I thought he was giving her the heave ho at their "talk", and then she starts talking about marriage and he simmers. I have a feeling he's going to stay with her just for the children and I bet you a nickel to a donut they end up married in the near future. And I have a question. That youngest boy of theirs, is that his natural hair color or did they do a dye job on him? Its so light in the front and dark in the back and looks like its been streaked. If it is dyed, how trashy is that? He's just a baby.

And I'm sorry, but Prince Jackson looks just like the late Dr. Klein. Just like him!

Watching again and I can't believe how Breanna says, "I changed my mind about something...I want to get married.", like she expected Taryll to grab her, swing her around yelling, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Not only is she an evil harpy, she's a delusional evil harpy. She's also a very entitled delusional evil harpy. smdh

I think the baby's hair is natural. Taryll had that blond as a kid (and still does now, although he may highlight it). My brothers were like that, one of them lost the blond and got redder as he got older, the other almost looks salt and pepper with the way his blond is mixed in.

Her little smirk when she said it, I really do think she expected him to be grateful, then when he wasn't, she talked about someone else. I don't think Taryll would give one good goddamn if she went and found someone to take her off his payroll. I know none of them can stand that wench. Frances looked like "Bitch, are you crazy?" when she started talking about purses and shoes. Every single complaint she voices has to do with money, or how Taryll won't talk to her (read: give into her demands) appropriately. She finally saw the light that he wasn't loosening that grip on the purse strings, people were in his ear, and he was sick of her abuse. Too bad she doesn't have the wherewithal to get through even one conversation pretending like she liked and wanted to marry him. Boot her and be happy Taryll!

I really like these guys. Even shut down little Taj *mumbles "iloveyouguys.youheardme.imonlysayingitonce." Prince really seems like a well adjusted young guy. Like TJ said, his father really seemes to have laid a good foundation, how easy would it have been for him to go off the rails this past 6 (teen) years if he didn't have something solid in his childhood? I would like to see them come back as long as they don't resort to reality show staged wacky hijinx. Uncle Jermaine and his Sharpie hair hiding behind a pillar and gossiping is fool enough for me.

Dr. Klein just died a couple of weeks ago...his body was unclaimed and there are reports on the gossip sites (TMZ, ROL) that Prince wants a DNA test...of course it may all be lies, but hmmm..

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 4

I can't imagine those kids aren't genetic Jacksons and they don't know.  It seems like the family way to handle things in house then pretend it doesn't exist to the world.

I choose to think they are(yes I know it's 99.92% unlikely) because how funny would it be if they were michael's lil test tube babies and Debbie Rowe's genetics just said, "I'm good".  

• Love 1

Dr. Klein just died a couple of weeks ago...his body was unclaimed and there are reports on the gossip sites (TMZ, ROL) that Prince wants a DNA test...of course it may all be lies, but hmmm..

I don't understand.  Why didn't they just do it while he was alive?  I read somewhere that Dr. Klein was the one spreading the rumor that he was Prince's father.  Of course, you can't base any truth on the gossip rags.

I choose to think they are(yes I know it's 99.92% unlikely) because how funny would it be if they were michael's lil test tube babies and Debbie Rowe's genetics just said, "I'm good".

I don't think Michael used any of his own sperm to make those babies because I don't think he wanted them to inherit any of the traits he absolutely loathed about himself.  We know he hated his nose, hair and of course he had the vitiligo.  Plus, those kids don't look mixed.  They look 100 % white to me, although I know there are a lot of biracial people who can pass for white.  I just don't see any of the Jackson traits in them and those Jacksons have some very strong genes.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

I don't understand.  Why didn't they just do it while he was alive?  I read somewhere that Dr. Klein was the one spreading the rumor that he was Prince's father.  Of course, you can't base any truth on the gossip rags.

I don't think Michael used any of his own sperm to make those babies because I don't think he wanted them to inherit any of the traits he absolutely loathed about himself.  We know he hated his nose, hair and of course he had the vitiligo.  Plus, those kids don't look mixed.  They look 100 % white to me, although I know there are a lot of biracial people who can pass for white.  I just don't see any of the Jackson traits in them and those Jacksons have some very strong genes.

Blanket looks like he's mixed with something.  It could be a toss up with the other two.

• Love 1

Like I said, I'm not looking at this with any bit of logic.  I think the kids could be biracial, and I'd totes put money on Blanket. That kid certainly isn't fully white.

Blanket is a biological Brando. I'd put money on that.

Even though the second generation of Jacksons are biracial, they still resemble each other.  Michael broke that chain on purpose.  Prince probably wants the test done now because Klein can't collect on being Prince and Paris' biological father. 

• Love 2

Michael was close friends with Miko Brando.  It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to do his friend a favor and help him have another child. I'm just saying that Blanket looks strikingly like the Brandos.

I can believe that.    2gskfg1.jpg

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

You people are ruining all my imaginings of Blanket being the one true Jackson. 

Thanks for nothing lmao.

It's still all speculation.  There still might be hope.  Someone did a comparison between Blanket and one of Jermaine's kids and they look a lot alike.  Lol!

COUSINSBLANKETJERMAINESON.jpg

Ended up binge watching all 6 episodes this week. I had no idea about 3T's mom. That is so, so sad and I do hope they are in counseling to deal with that big of a loss. It was cute seeing Prince and Prince II (I can't call that kid Blanket lol) as they continue to grow. Prince especially seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. As far as whether MJ's kids are biologically his, I mean...I get why people would look at the boys and Paris and think NO WAY they're half Black, but genetics work in funky, interesting ways. Two of Quincy Jones' daughters, Rashida and Kenya, do not look like what we think of as mixed or Black at all, they look like white girls. Victoria Rowell's daughter straight up looks like a white woman. Wentworth Miller caught flack for playing a Black man passing for white in The Human Stain before he did interviews and people realized he, in fact, is part Black. Rebecca Hall's mom is half Black. Tom Sizemore is half Black. (Threw me for a loop too, y'all.) Stephen Graham (aka Al Capone on Boardwalk Empire) is half Black. Carol Channing passed for white for decades and no one was the wiser. I went to high school with a girl who was half Mexican and half Irish and she looked white. Then I worked with a guy who was half Puerto Rican and half Polish but I had no idea he was mixed until I met his mom, who had red hair and was pretty pale. He looked nothing like her at all. It's hard to say what a mixed person should look like with any real certainty. 

Maybe I'll have to eat my hat in a few years when a DNA test comes out and makes me look foolish, but I do think Paris favors her aunt Latoya when you look at photos of Latoya pre-surgery. I still think Prince II (the one true Jackson to rule them all) looks very similar to how MJ looked as a child. But either way, MJ was their father. He was the one raising them, he was the one they called Dad and that giant family accepts the three of them as their own.

As far as the show, the main trio isn't super compelling (especially Taj. Sorry bro), certainly not as compelling as their Uncle Jermaine's Sharpie hairline contraption. The best thing that I can say about this is that it once again inspired me to listen to Jackson 5/The Jacksons/Michael Jackson and some of Janet's work all over again. This family is so talented. Like...it still trips me out sometimes to think about the decades-long run of the Jackson 5, Michael's solo work as a teen, then his solo work as a young adult, and then as, you know, The King of Pop post-Thriller. And then Janet becoming a legend in her own right. That's a lot to live up to. I would have probably buckled under that kind of pressure.

Edited by TrapRegent
  • Love 2

Maybe I'll have to eat my hat in a few years when a DNA test comes out and makes me look foolish, but I do think Paris favors her aunt Latoya when you look at photos of Latoya pre-surgery. I still think Prince II (the one true Jackson to rule them all) looks very similar to how MJ looked as a child.

I think you hit the nail on the head TrapRegent.  I find it hard to see the Jackson family resemblance in Michael's kids but, the Jacksons have had so much plastic surgery, it's hard to tell what they looked like before.  LOL  But seriously, it doesn't matter to me and I agree that Michael was their dad.  And I'm sure Katherine considers them her grandkids regardless of their DNA makeup.

• Love 2

Ended up binge watching all 6 episodes this week. I had no idea about 3T's mom. That is so, so sad and I do hope they are in counseling to deal with that big of a loss. It was cute seeing Prince and Prince II (I can't call that kid Blanket lol) as they continue to grow. Prince especially seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. As far as whether MJ's kids are biologically his, I mean...I get why people would look at the boys and Paris and think NO WAY they're half Black, but genetics work in funky, interesting ways. Two of Quincy Jones' daughters, Rashida and Kenya, do not look like what we think of as mixed or Black at all, they look like white girls. Victoria Rowell's daughter straight up looks like a white woman. Wentworth Miller caught flack for playing a Black man passing for white in The Human Stain before he did interviews and people realized he, in fact, is part Black. Rebecca Hall's mom is half Black. Tom Sizemore is half Black. (Threw me for a loop too, y'all.) Stephen Graham (aka Al Capone on Boardwalk Empire) is half Black. Carol Channing passed for white for decades and no one was the wiser. I went to high school with a girl who was half Mexican and half Irish and she looked white. Then I worked with a guy who was half Puerto Rican and half Polish but I had no idea he was mixed until I met his mom, who had red hair and was pretty pale. He looked nothing like her at all. It's hard to say what a mixed person should look like with any real certainty. 

Maybe I'll have to eat my hat in a few years when a DNA test comes out and makes me look foolish, but I do think Paris favors her aunt Latoya when you look at photos of Latoya pre-surgery. I still think Prince II (the one true Jackson to rule them all) looks very similar to how MJ looked as a child. But either way, MJ was their father. He was the one raising them, he was the one they called Dad and that giant family accepts the three of them as their own.

I agree on genetics being super funky. My own family has a ton of examples like the ones you presented here. But of the 3 MJ kids, they don't resemble Jacksons. I can see a bit in Blanket, but not the other two. And even as I hypothesize on their origins, I don't doubt that Michael is their dad and that they are a part of that family. One thing that was clear is that Michael loved those kids, and that's truly all that matters. (But i'll still speculate until someone does some tests 20 years from now!)
  • Love 1