Type keyword(s) to search

Leverage Classic - Past Seasons Discussion

• Start Topic

I've been watching Grimm and there are so many people who were on Leverage that also appear in Grimm. Saregent Bannano is a regular minor character, and one of the FBI guys (not the one who has a thing for Parker, but his partner) pops up quite often. But there are a lot of people who were in a single Leverage episode that show up as well. My husband and I enjoy trying to remember which Leverage episode the person appeared in.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 11/5/2019 at 9:23 PM, sigmaforce86 said:

Pluto TV just launched a 24/7 Leverage channel (350) 

Last night the first episode of Leverage aired on my local ABC station at 11pm. I was surprised in a good way. It's been years since I had seen how it all started so it was kinda like seeing for the first time again. It's been 10 years since the show originally made it's debut and the reasoning behind it applies even more now then it did then. I didn't know about the Pluto TV channel. The Pluto app seems to finally be running decently on my Fire TV devices since it looks like they changed it a bit. In the past I had freezing issues that wouldn't happen with any other app I'd try so I had never really used it regularly.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jaded said:

Last night the first episode of Leverage aired on my local ABC station at 11pm. I was surprised in a good way. It's been years since I had seen how it all started so it was kinda like seeing for the first time again. It's been 10 years since the show originally made it's debut and the reasoning behind it applies even more now then it did then. I didn't know about the Pluto TV channel. The Pluto app seems to finally be running decently on my Fire TV devices since it looks like they changed it a bit. In the past I had freezing issues that wouldn't happen with any other app I'd try so I had never really used it regularly.

I had no idea about Pluto. I've been watching Leverage on Amazon Prime and the ABC episode they do once a week. Its such a great show. All these years and its still my favorite show.

• Love 2

Anyone here also watch Supernatural?  Christian Kane popped up in the previews; looks like hes' going to be in the December 5th episode..  It's about time we got him and Jensen Ackles in the same place.....acting I mean, they've already done some singing together but........little news blurb says the two will have a hot boys night out and do some singing in this SPN episode also.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Anyone here also watch Supernatural?  Christian Kane popped up in the previews; looks like hes' going to be in the December 5th episode..  It's about time we got him and Jensen Ackles in the same place.....acting I mean, they've already done some singing together but........little news blurb says the two will have a hot boys night out and do some singing in this SPN episode also.

No, but that's so cool. I loved Christian Kane. I loved him in Leverage, Librarians, Too Close to Home, King & Maxwell (with Rebecca Romijn!), Taxi, Sumer Catch, Life or Something Like it, Just Married and of course as Young Hub in Secondhand Lions.

8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

No, but that's so cool. I loved Christian Kane. I loved him in Leverage, Librarians, Too Close to Home, King & Maxwell (with Rebecca Romijn!), Taxi, Sumer Catch, Life or Something Like it, Just Married and of course as Young Hub in Secondhand Lions.

But not Angel? 🙂

I tried to watch Librarians because (a) CK and (b) it looked so much like a Leverage kind of ensemble but it never gelled for me.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, tessaray said:

But not Angel? 🙂

I tried to watch Librarians because (a) CK and (b) it looked so much like a Leverage kind of ensemble but it never gelled for me.

No not Angel. Although I did laugh during the Librarians vampire episode when his character says he hates vampires. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, LvHmBirth said:

Leverage 2.0? I wish it were all the original cast, though. But I'm in for at least a few episodes!

Ooooohhh I’m definitely in.  I hadn’t heard about the allegations against Hutton.  I guess that’s why he’s being replaced (with another Devlin staple).  Happy that everyone else will be back, though Hardison will only be recurring.  

• Love 5

I'm cautiously optimistic about the continuation considering the original creative team is on board, but I will miss Nate. To me, he always had the most difficult role to play on the team - the nucleus that kept this disparate group of characters grounded, focused and working together. Not an easy feat considering their backgrounds, as well as his own. The original show did SUCH a good job of establishing each character, why they are who they are, and how they eventually learned to work with each other as an incredibly effective team.

I'll be curious to see how they approach picking the story back up from the end point of the original series finale. If they had gone with just bringing back the kids (Parker, Eliot and Hardison) to focus on their Leverage International antics, it would have been an easier continuation than it will be to incorporate Sophie without Nate. (Please don't kill him off!) They now have to explain Sophie's participation in spite of Nate's absence, the team's acceptance of Noah Wylie's new character, and they'll have to create a whole new team dynamic and balance. I loved that the finale had the kids continuing the mission, and I really don't want the story moving forward to be based on "Parker couldn't cut it as the pared-down team's mastermind."

• Love 13

Hmm. Intrigued! Since John Rogers is still in charge, I'm optimistic that the changes will be well thought through and organic as a continuation of the story. Since we left the characters at a time of transition, and time has passed since then, reverting to the former status quo would feel unnatural. Time has passed and so the characters and their situations would also have changed. I'm really interested to see what they come up with!

• Love 4

Excited, but nervous. I though Wylie was the weakest on The Librarians, he hammed it up too much, and he could fall into the same trappings on Leverage since Devlin didn't seem to mind. I wonder what will become of Hardison/Parker with Aldis only in it recurring. I would hate for them to feel like they have to break them up or something if Aldis' schedule becomes too conflicting. He's been working a lot since the show, I really love that he's working in coming back at all. 

No idea how they'll handle Nate.

I don't foresee filming happening in June or July as reported, it seems like wishful thinking. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Ultimately though I probably just need one scene of the 2 good ol' boys behind the wheel chasing down bad guys in Lucille, and I'll call it the best reboot ever. 

• Love 9

It's a tribute to the original show that everyone (except Hutton) is coming back, despite working on other shows at the same time.  Hopefully they can work Sterling in there somewhere, too. 

I'm a little meh on Wylie but since Nate was my least favorite character anyway, it doesn't affect my excitement for the next chapter. 

And a huge co-sign to this:

1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

Ultimately though I probably just need one scene of the 2 good ol' boys behind the wheel chasing down bad guys in Lucille, and I'll call it the best reboot ever. 

• Love 8

I loved Leverage.  One local TV station still airs one episode per week.  I kind of like it that way - it stretches it out longer. 

I am not excited about the new series.  I am not a fan of Noah Wylie.  The Librarians was like watching a supernatural version of Leverage, only with a worse cast.  Except for Christian Kane and John Larroquette, the rest of the cast wasn't very likeable.    If they couldn't bring Nate back, they should have just left the series alone.  At least they didn't cast the colonel from The Librarians in this. 

• Love 1
On 4/22/2020 at 9:19 PM, giovannif7 said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about the continuation considering the original creative team is on board, but I will miss Nate. To me, he always had the most difficult role to play on the team - the nucleus that kept this disparate group of characters grounded, focused and working together. Not an easy feat considering their backgrounds, as well as his own. The original show did SUCH a good job of establishing each character, why they are who they are, and how they eventually learned to work with each other as an incredibly effective team.

I'll be curious to see how they approach picking the story back up from the end point of the original series finale. If they had gone with just bringing back the kids (Parker, Eliot and Hardison) to focus on their Leverage International antics, it would have been an easier continuation than it will be to incorporate Sophie without Nate. (Please don't kill him off!) They now have to explain Sophie's participation in spite of Nate's absence, the team's acceptance of Noah Wylie's new character, and they'll have to create a whole new team dynamic and balance. I loved that the finale had the kids continuing the mission, and I really don't want the story moving forward to be based on "Parker couldn't cut it as the pared-down team's mastermind."

I would be ok with Parker still being the mastermind, and Noah Wyle's character being the new guy (maybe a new thief) and trying to fit in with the team. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mammaM said:

I would be ok with Parker still being the mastermind, and Noah Wyle's character being the new guy (maybe a new thief) and trying to fit in with the team. 

The one thing I would hate is if they start out with the original team having fallen out somehow.  The 3 younger members were a pretty tight team when the series ended and I wouldn't buy Noah Wylie as the reason they reunite.  (With my luck that means that there is a high probability they could go that way. Ugh.) 

Still, if they can recapture even a fraction of what the original was, I'm going to be watching. If not, well... it won't be the first show where my canon ends with what I have on dvd.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tessaray said:

The one thing I would hate is if they start out with the original team having fallen out somehow.  The 3 younger members were a pretty tight team when the series ended and I wouldn't buy Noah Wylie as the reason they reunite.  (With my luck that means that there is a high probability they could go that way. Ugh.) 

Still, if they can recapture even a fraction of what the original was, I'm going to be watching. If not, well... it won't be the first show where my canon ends with what I have on dvd.  

This. 

I want my leverage team happy and working well together.  That's why I like the theory of Wyle being the new guy. Since Hodge is recurring because he has another show, maybe his character is doing some solo job and Wyle can be the new hacker.

I've obviously had too much time to think about this😂😂

• Love 3

With new episodes in the offing, this topic will be upgraded to a full forum at some point. I'm not sure when that will happen but you may need to re-follow if this topic is on your custom list. 

• Useful 4

Wait they are bringing back leverage?! I guess I was living under a rock, since I had no idea.

It seems like most of them are coming back except for Nate. I wonder how that is going to work. I suppose they could still have Sophie mention him as he "retired".  I definetly will check this out, as it seems to have a lot of the original characters back.

• Love 1
On 6/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, blueray said:

Wait they are bringing back leverage?! I guess I was living under a rock, since I had no idea.

It seems like most of them are coming back except for Nate. I wonder how that is going to work. I suppose they could still have Sophie mention him as he "retired".  I definetly will check this out, as it seems to have a lot of the original characters back.

Apparently I am under that same rock🤣,  but I will also be checking it out.  I loved all the characters. 

• Love 2

Revivals are tricky to pull off.  In a way, I think I'd prefer movies, like Psych has done. It gives us a chance to check in with the characters and go on one more adventure - which a lot of the time is enough. 

But I'm pulling for them. After a perfect season/potential series ender of Season 4, they came back with some good stuff in Season 5.  So, creatively they should be okay.  Wylie is a wild card though. I'm not a huge fan but balanced against getting most of the old gang back, I'm in. 🙂   

• Love 3
On 6/19/2020 at 10:52 AM, supposebly said:

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm sick and tired of bringing back shows. Why mess with a show that was close to perfect? And I can't stand Noah Wyle.

I am in the hating reboot minority with you, but I’m excited for this. I always thought there was so much story potential and that it was gone too soon. The same show team and cast (minus Hutton) gives me hope. 

Noah Wylie still gets a lot of residual ER love from me. I just hope he’s not a goofball, and if he is, a non-annoying goofball, heh.

I love the idea of Parker being the new Nate, and Wylie’s character being someone new who fills a need. There’s all kinds of “new kid” tension they could use. We’ll see - I’ll definitely be watching. I miss me some Leverage. 

• Love 5

I agree with the comments above. Ordinarily I am wary of reboots, but I am excited for this one! The fact that it is the original creative team at the helm, along with most of the same cast, fills me with hope. I can't wait to see what they come up with - having left the characters at a moment of great change, the show's story is ripe with material for exploration, just in terms of character dynamics and how the last few years have played out for them. And as far as potential plotlines go...well, it isn't as if the general corruption of our capitalist society has improved since the show ended, is it? No, I'm really looking forward to this. I really hope they manage to re-capture the magic of the original show.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, Gigi43 said:

Ultimately though I probably just need one scene of the 2 good ol' boys behind the wheel chasing down bad guys in Lucille

I just finished a rewatch of my Leverage DVDs, and I'm still singing that song, LOL. 

Just finished messaging with my sister, who (once upon a time) I got watching White Collar, which she loves and now calls her "comfort TV." So I told her today, "Well, if you liked that, you have to come visit me and I'll get you watching Leverage! It's so fun." 

*rubs hands together gleefully*  Yessssssss... I will make it happen.  😄

Edited by sinkwriter
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

The team Is far too close for me to buy Parker,  Hardison and Elliot having a falling out.  I could however buy them getting into trouble and over their head during a job to the extent that they couldn’t get themselves out of and sending out a flare for help that gets answered by Sophie and she makes an excuse why Nate couldn’t come.  (Even if the excuse is ultimately bullshit and paper thin like he ended up in jail again or Sophie and Nate have a kid and he opted to go straight because of you know the past and the group accepts his choice). 

• Love 6
On 7/25/2020 at 7:14 PM, sinkwriter said:

I just finished a rewatch of my Leverage DVDs, and I'm still singing that song, LOL. 

Just finished messaging with my sister, who (once upon a time) I got watching White Collar, which she loves and now calls her "comfort TV." So I told her today, "Well, if you liked that, you have to come visit me and I'll get you watching Leverage! It's so fun." 

*rubs hands together gleefully*  Yessssssss... I will make it happen.  😄

My husband and I do dvd rewatches after supper every night. We just finished Numb3rs and are 3 episodes into White Collar, with Leverage, Castle and Burn Notice rounding out the rest of the regulars.  (These are the only shows we agree on - otherwise he watches Westerns and I watch SciFi.)

• Love 3
On 2/9/2018 at 8:05 AM, Sonja said:
On 5/21/2014 at 4:08 PM, Rinaldo said:

Eliot acquires a flock of screaming fangirls the morning after he played in a Memphis bar?

On 5/22/2014 at 3:26 PM, Rinaldo said:

OK, I know what you're saying here, and I know Kane has devoted fans in real life. I'm not saying he couldn't attract them. But just practically speaking: how did he? He sings one evening in a bar to which none of these girls could be admitted, and then by 10 the next morning they've all cut school to follow him around the streets of Memphis? On the basis of what? 🙂 If he'd made a TV appearance, sure.

I worked in the music industry for nearly a decade, starting in the mid 90s when we didn't even have email accounts yet, let alone youtube. Let me tell you, this part of the storyline was scarily believable to me.

Also, it was established twice in the episode that young girls actually were present in the bar (I would get someone who kills people to steal their songs wouldn't be too strict on other legalities either) and I had to carry girls out of backstage areas often enough to know how cunning, tenatious and sometimes dangerously deluded they can be at a certain age.

Sonja, you might enjoy a book written by a friend of mine, Sherry Carroll, Even Rock and Roll Has Fairy Tales: The Flight of the Sherry Fairy. She was a groupie with a long term off/on affair with Eric Burdon of The Animals and War. But then again, you might have already been there/seen that.

I've watched this show on and off, an episode here and there on ION or late Sunday nights on MYTV, I may have watched it occasionally in it's original run on TNT, that was not a great time in my life, so I've blocked a lot of it. However, I've had it running nearly 24 hours a day as background for most of the last month on Pluto, except for the 2 weeks when my internet was down. (thank you so very much AT&T.) I do not pay near the attention that most of you do. But then again, I have the sound really low and it really is just background. Now and then, I do pay attention and even though it's on 24 hours/day, I'm still seeing things I never caught before. Maybe I'll turn up the sound and pay a little more attention.

I'm rewatching in celebration of tomorrow and had a question on the Juror #6 Job. I've always been annoyed that the initial owner of the company gets away with his payout from Earnshaw, even if it is smaller than he wanted. But during this viewing, it occurred to me that he might be on the hook for the $5M in damages from the trial. Is that right? Because as awful as Earnshaw was, Quint had no trouble at all selling a drug that killed people.

On 7/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, akg said:

I'm rewatching in celebration of tomorrow and had a question on the Juror #6 Job. I've always been annoyed that the initial owner of the company gets away with his payout from Earnshaw, even if it is smaller than he wanted. But during this viewing, it occurred to me that he might be on the hook for the $5M in damages from the trial. Is that right? Because as awful as Earnshaw was, Quint had no trouble at all selling a drug that killed people.

By the time the verdict was announced, Earnshaw owned the company. Data gets off scot-free.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Claire85 said:

I just started watching this after seeing the reboot, and I’m really enjoying it. Just finished The Bank Shot Job. I love things with twisty plots like this. 

That's one of my favorite episodes. I love Hardison's two second phone call and then giving the long list of hilarious demands. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I just watched “The Office Job” which I found hilarious as a huge fan of The Office. I noticed Sophie switches outfits during the episode. Was that part of the con? I couldn’t find a reason for it, unless it’s a huge continuity error. 

9 hours ago, Claire85 said:

I just finished watching the original series. Wow! If I hadn’t seen the reboot first I think I would have believed the fake deaths in the finale. Can’t wait for the rest of the reboot! 

I remember watching that episode unspoiled first time round, way back when. What a rollercoaster!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Claire85 said:

I just finished watching the original series. Wow! If I hadn’t seen the reboot first I think I would have believed the fake deaths in the finale. Can’t wait for the rest of the reboot! 

9 hours ago, Llywela said:

I remember watching that episode unspoiled first time round, way back when. What a rollercoaster!

It was a big shock. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, andromeda331 said:

It was a big shock. 

After the shock of it, I remember thinking it was brilliant... because their "last con" was to con the audience into thinking they were dead. I was like, "Holy shit, you conned me! And I went right along with it!" LOL. Such a great series. I love it and love to rewatch it.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

After the shock of it, I remember thinking it was brilliant... because their "last con" was to con the audience into thinking they were dead. I was like, "Holy shit, you conned me! And I went right along with it!" LOL. 

The series finale was really good. I was really shocked and convinced it was real. The reactions were so convincing. Parker as she tearfully tells Nate that Hardison is hurt. The shooting at the van. The crash into the water. It was so well done. And so glad that it wasn't real. A very good con on the audience.

Such a great series. I love it and love to rewatch it.

Me too. Its my favorite series. Its so fun and funny. I love all the characters and I love that we get to watch them grow. Especially Parker. I love all the secondary characters like Maggie, Sterling, Taggart, McSweeten, Bonanno, Archie and Chaos.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Me too. Its my favorite series. Its so fun and funny. I love all the characters and I love that we get to watch them grow. Especially Parker. I love all the secondary characters like Maggie, Sterling, Taggart, McSweeten, Bonanno, Archie and Chaos.

Don't forget Alice White's friend, Peggy!

• Love 2