Type keyword(s) to search

Leverage Classic - Past Seasons Discussion

• Start Topic

I've had an ongoing idea of a Nana scene where Eliot makes food because she's coming, but, Nana shows up with her own meal/treats, which completely upstages him and he has to grin and bare it. Oh, and Nana constantly tells Nate and Eliot to cheer up during her visit. The possibilities are endless with Nana.

That's hilarious!

Hearing all this, though, makes me kind of glad we didn't meet her.  This way she can be what each of us wants her to be.  That's how I feel about never getting Sophie backstory.  She's the perfect actress/ grifter this way because we have no idea what was true and what wasn't.

• Love 2

Zahdii - I just may do that (pass your Nana character study on to Rogers & Devlin - if I can figure out how).

I have a weekly appointment in the Kaufman Astoria complex and earlier today I had a Leverage guest-star sighting: Michael Gladis, aka Reed Rockwell, our very reluctant 'hero' / mark from The 15 Minutes Job episode.

• Love 3

It was weird how all of a sudden Elliot started acting like he hated Hardison. I do find Hardison annoying.

In "Office Job"? He was mad because Hardison ate his delicious sandwich. They were still bros though; as Elliot said, nobody throws Hardison off a roof, except maybe Elliot.

I still miss this show, even though I did a mini-marathon on one of my snow days.

I watched the Ion marathon on Sunday as I was snowed in. One of my favorite moments from season 5 is in the First Contact Job where Elliot, however briefly, gets into the "chase music" song with Hardison. Elliot can never fight off that Bromance for long.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

I watched the Ion marathon on Sunday as I was snowed in. One of my favorite moments from season 5 is in the First Contact Job where Elliot, however briefly, gets into the "chase music" song with Hardison. Elliot can never fight off that Bromance for long.

Because now I have to hear it:

• Love 5

Sometimes they air episodes out of order. They did it in season one as well. They did the Two Horse Job and then I think Eliot talked about the girlfriend he left. Or something like that. I don't know if i remember for certain how it went, but there were a couple of episodes out of order in season one - regarding Tess. 

(edited)

I think this is the best threat to bring this up. Hardison may have gone to the Oscars every year, but did anyone else see how good Aldis looked at the SAG awards last night?

I didn't watch the  SAG awards, but I do follow Hodge on Twitter.  He tweeted this photo (I think it's linked from his brother's instagram feed): Gotta say one my highlights last night was getting a chance to speak with....

Also - someone asked Devlin "If a channel give you money to do the 6 season of leverage you do it?" and his answer was "In a New York Minute".

Edited by fastiller
  • Love 3

Well, I finished the series. I'm sad it's over. I love Parker taking over Nate's role.

I want the movie called Leverage International: The [                       ] Job.

Nah, screw that, I want several movies called Leverage International: The [                       ] Job, with changing [                       ], obviously.

• Love 5

Seems more likely he'd find an existing back door.

That said, I don't blame apple, because the phone may be set to wipe after ten tries, but his Apple ID isn't. They really need to check his iTunes backup and his cloud account, neither one of which is set to go boom.

• Love 1

How long do y'all think it would take Hardison to hack into the San Bernadino iPhone?

Run it, Hardison!

He would get the info and get it to Vance (or McSweeden?) before Eliot finishes making breakfast. Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

I just watched this episode again. I also really like it. Its nice to see some of how they did a crime on their own. I loved Sophie's accents lol. And how Parker just her gibberish.

• Love 2
(edited)

I watched it tonight too. I just love Hardison's version of Eliot being completely creepy "I'm gonna go sharpen this knife... And walk around in the dark." Also notable was the defensive/almost apologetic look Eliot gave Nate when Hardison said he remembered Sophie and Eliot "being nasty." I've chosen to believe him on that one, even though there's a good chance he said it to be annoying.

There were so many great moments in the episode that I found myself catching more and more upon rewatches. It would have been fun though if they could have used Maggie being there helping in some way since it was the past.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 4

Just off another ION Sunday marathon and this show never gets old.

I almost did not watch this show because of Aldis Hodge.  At the time it first aired I only knew him as Jake (the guy who killed Sam Winchester in season 2) on Supernatural.  That was a pretty tramatic TV moment and I still had warm fillings for Sam in 2008 (that would soon be changing).  The Christian Kane and Hutton factors just barely overrode that. I still think that decision was probably the #1 or at least top 5 correct ones I made when I wasn't sure about watching something. 

• Love 4

I just saw an article on Daily Mail- there is a reboot of Lethal Weapon planned, and our favorite (okay, second favorite) BAMF Mr. Quinn will be taking on the role of Det. Riggs.  I'd watch the heck outta that.

Can we get them to cast Kane as the Busey character?  That would be darn fun to watch.

What is a BAMF? Who is Mr. Quinn?

Bad-Ass [person of Oedipal tendencies]. Mr. Quinn was the good looking hitter with the pony tail who beat Eliot in the Second David job, and then came back to work with him in the Dam job.

Edited by Julia

I'm rotating between Leverage and SVU today (very wild, I know) and during one of the Leverage commercials Ion aired something with Aldis talking about Hardison that I'd never seen before. At the end he referred to him as a 'Smart-Alec'... I never made that connection! Anyone else? Love it. They should have used that in dialog at one point. I could see Nate using it.

• Love 3

I saw a block of shows yesterday on ION, and now the song won't go away, everybody sing along"two good old boys behind the wheel, chasing down bad guys in Lucille". I miss this show.

• Love 7

I never get tired of this series. Beth Riesgraf ("Parker") is soo beautiful. The end of the finale episode surprised me, but it was very satisfying. I can never watch any of the flashbacks of Sam's death with the sound on -- it just rips my heart out.

Edited by Bobbin
  • Love 2

My crush on Christian Kane knows no bounds! (Ok, so Eliot lost a point in the season where he had that Mary Tyler Moore blown-out flip going. What was that?!)

I'm not usually attracted to the hitter type, but he played Eliot with such heart and charm and intelligence I just sigh every time he's on screen. And then they let him cook and sing! Be still my heart.

One of my favorite moments was when he buys Sophie and Parker flowers in Lonely Hearts Job -- the perfect flowers, a plant that "does something" for Parker -- and lets Nate and Hardison take credit.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, snarktini said:

One of my favorite moments was when he buys Sophie and Parker flowers in Lonely Hearts Job -- the perfect flowers, a plant that "does something" for Parker -- and lets Nate and Hardison take credit.

And the look he has on his face as he walks towards the back of the bar.  That was cute too.  The last time I watched that ep I wondered if they played with him breaking the fourth wall and looking directly at the camera while he was walking away.  It'd have been cute, but not in keeping with the program's DNA, I think.

• Love 1
(edited)

Eliot's seriousness about and dedication to a well made meal just warms my heart. If I am feeling down, just thinking of him impatiently saying to Hardison "The beer pub menu is the hardest menu to plan!" always puts my mood right.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4

Read this story and immediately thought of the Leverage team. Once Again, Thieves Enter Swift Financial Network and Steal, especially this part:

But in this latest case, the thieves used a form of malware that targeted a PDF reader that the bank used to confirm that payments had been made. The malware, according to Swift, then manipulated the PDF to “remove traces of the fraudulent instructions.”

That the thieves knew that the bank used a PDF program to confirm its payments shows the level of detail gleaned about how the particular system worked. At Bangladesh Bank, Swift transactions were tracked using physical printouts. So the thieves tailored their malware in that attack to interfere with the printer and cover their tracks.

So, you totally can hack into a print queue/printer.  I guess if it's on the internet, it's hackable.

• Love 3

Yeah, the potato was in development, not part of a crop.  That's what made it so easy to steal and also very important.  And since the bit they recovered had at least one eye, it could be propagated.

I've always liked this episode, because it was the first Leverage I ever watched (Mitch Pileggi), and it got me interested in watching the rest while the series could be reliably found in syndication.

• Love 1

I should have posted on the 5th but I wasn't feeling well. July 5th is my Leverage anniversary. Even now though for some reason at times I mix up the episode title and call it The Mountain Job, but it was The Long Way Down Job, I watched, too hungover from a 4th party to get out of bed, and I finally caught 'that show with Christian Kane and Gina Bellmen.'  Instantly I needed to watch more, and adored how Hardison openly worried about everyone. My first impression was that Eliot and Parker were suppose to be a "thing", little did I know I was in for actually loving a "ship" - I very rarely get invested a lot with TV couples, and have Parker/Hardison become quite possibly my favorite romantic TV relationship. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I should have posted on the 5th but I wasn't feeling well. July 5th is my Leverage anniversary. Even now though for some reason at times I mix up the episode title and call it The Mountain Job, but it was The Long Way Down Job, I watched, too hungover from a 4th party to get out of bed, and I finally caught 'that show with Christian Kane and Gina Bellmen.'  Instantly I needed to watch more, and adored how Hardison openly worried about everyone. My first impression was that Eliot and Parker were suppose to be a "thing", little did I know I was in for actually loving a "ship" - I very rarely get invested a lot with TV couples, and have Parker/Hardison become quite possibly my favorite romantic TV relationship. 

As the The Long Goodbye Job showed, while Eliot, Hardison & Parker were in the back of the van (even in Nate's version), all shot up & holding hands: they really were three of a kind & had grown to be family to one another.  This was also evident in The Grave Danger Job: the scene after Hardison is rescued is up there with the best of non-manipulative emotional story-telling in my opinion. 

The  program was just fantastic at building believable romantic relationships, in Hardison & Parker and Nate & Sophie both sets of couples became couples so organically and so smoothly.

Christ on a cracker I wish they'd get together for a few TV movies!

• Love 8

Leverage is my go-to show. I just finished my 3rd watch of the entire series. I would love a few TV movies, maybe some special cases that require them to get back together.

One thing I noticed this time is how Parker really learns from everyone, but especially Nate. It made total sense to me that she would take on the mastermind role. 

• Love 5

Yes, I love Leverage commentaries. If you watched Psych, check out their commentaries too. Much zanier, but so was the show. I love commentaries where you learn as well as being entertained (as Elliot would say: "You learn and you con.") and where it's obvious the folks talking love what they do and each other.