Type keyword(s) to search

Leverage Classic - Past Seasons Discussion

• Start Topic

I never saw the chemistry between Parker and Hardison.  I liked her with McSweeten.  I don't know if they could have worked out their differences in the way they lived, but I thought he was really cute when he was around her.  

(edited)

Really, though, it was just a weak attempt at an emotional storyline of the week.

It was. But it would have been fun to see Parker developing more interests.

When you look at Season Five, Sophie bought a theater and started teaching

acting. Hardison brought the microbrew. Does anyone have any guess or ideas

on what Parker could have gotten into? Maybe Eliot too. Or maybe he would

have gone into more of the cooking side of the microbrew. He already grew

his own food. Or maybe something else. Any ideas? Maybe start a cooking

class or school. Or help teaching people how to fight like he did when he

was a gym teacher.

Edited by andromeda331
(edited)

I was just watching the episode where Hardison says he's been to the Oscars every year

since he was fifteen they show flashback of him congratulation Halle Berry, saying told her

this was her year. Anyone else wonder if he hacked the Oscars?

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 1
(edited)

Parker was a little off in season five too. Like the food one where she's worried because she doesn't have a connection to something

else. I always thought it was strange she does have other likes besides her being a thief. Jumping off a roof, her love of chocolate, Christmas, pinatas.

I was confused by this too. I remember watching that one and being like  you love to go bunji jumping, gymnastics and chocolate.

I was just watching the episode where Hardison says he's been to the Oscars every year

since he was fifteen they show flashback of him congratulation Halle Berry, saying told her

this was her year. Anyone else wonder if he hacked the Oscars?m

My guess is he hacked in and got himself a invitation. It probably would be easy to pretend to be a minor character or something in a movie. He I assumed just watched the show so no one really caught on. And had no reason really to care that he was there.

Edited by blueray

Newbie question: what is the correct order to watch? I was watching in Hulu+ & got through about 5 episodes. Long story but my acct is only until Aug 15. So I ordered season 1 DVDs. But they are ordered differently. DVD insert has air dates. Any help appreciated and I'll definitely be back to talk about the show.

Newbie question: what is the correct order to watch? I was watching in Hulu+ & got through about 5 episodes. Long story but my acct is only until Aug 15. So I ordered season 1 DVDs. But they are ordered differently. DVD insert has air dates. Any help appreciated and I'll definitely be back to talk about the show.

I believe the season one DVD has the episodes in the order they should be watched - they were aired out of order, and it does make a difference, so DVD order is the way to go.

One of the later seasons has a couple of episodes switched around on the DVD, so that one ends with a lead-in to the episode before it, which is weird - maybe season two or three? It catches me out every time, yet I never remember in time to watch them in the right order.

The order of The Wedding Job being episode 3, and The Two Horse job being later in the season is the correct way for season 1. Of course they had to air two episodes that actually referenced the other/timeline out of order!

Edited by Gigi43

I keep seeing various ads for Straight Outta Compton left and right, and it's giving me serious Hardison withdrawl. I loved all the team, but Hardison/Aldis were just my favorite (and I came to the show previous fans of/owning all the DVDs of Coupling and Angel, so it was a big feet to take #1 from Bellman or Kane.)

• Love 1

From the show's Facebook page:

Leverage is now available on Hulu. Let's go steal ourselves a 77-episode Marathon this weekend

Just, be wary of the pilot. The version I saw on Hulu was cut for time, and (among other things) they butchered that magnificent tracking shot where the brand-new team is responding to Sophie's Lady Macbeth.

• Love 1

Julia, thanks for the heads up.  I have the full series on DVD, so I can watch the pilot in all its glory (& get the benefit of the cast/crew commentary when I want it!).

Edited by fastiller

I'm not sure if this should go here or in the Alec Hardison thread, but anyway: I'm hiring a PM at work (oh joy!) and was culling through resumes (oh more joy!) and was categorizing: top tier, middle, so on.  The one that I've got at the top of my list is a woman whose first name starts with an A and her surname is Hardison.  Am I being influenced by my love of this show and the characters on it?  Perhaps.

• Love 1

I was at a company meeting where they were talking about various contingency plans they had developed, saying that a particular outcome had been somewhere around Plan E.  I really wanted to say "Hardison dies in Plan M" just to see who got the reference, but I decided to stay professional about it.

• Love 7

I was at a company meeting where they were talking about various contingency plans they had developed, saying that a particular outcome had been somewhere around Plan E.  I really wanted to say "Hardison dies in Plan M" just to see who got the reference, but I decided to stay professional about it.

FUNNY! I was interviewing another candidate for the same position and he brought up Plans B & C!

Anyway, from Hodge's Instagram feed!

• Love 2

Thought about either starting a whole new topic for cast in other roles talk (bout couldn't come up with a pithy thread title); thought about posting this in the Alec Hardison thread.  Ended up dropping it here, for no real reason: Hodge has a new series.  This link would make it appear that he's tops in cast list (or among the top cast listed, bit the Incorrect Movie Database shows him as only in one ep.  Underground: WGN America's Slavery Drama Gets Premiere Date, 2 Trailers.  Second graph of the article:

WGN America’s highly anticipated journey through the Underground Railroad finally has a departure date.

Underground, the drama series starring Jurnee Smollett-Bell (True Blood), Aldis Hodge (TURN) and Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), will premiere on March 9, TVLine has learned.

• Love 1

I started re-watching the show on Netflix. I quit watching during the original run and I can't remember why. But now I'm in Season 2 and Jeri Ryan joined the cast. I think that's why I quit before. I can't stand her, but I'm going to try and get through her episodes.

• Love 2

I think Jeri only had seven episodes while the actress who played Sophie went on maternity leave. They brought her back in a later season for one episode. It was The Girls Night Out Job. It made me despise her more than I did in Jeri's season 2 episodes. I have always found her to be way too smug. Hang in there. Jeri will exit soon. 

• Love 1

Do they ever explain how people find them? Do they advertise or something or is it word of mouth? What they do isn't exactly legal.

Hardison kind of explains it via technobabble in one early episode - he's got a complicated computer programme that trawls the net and the news for possible clients, who then get looked into and feelers put out if it's felt the case is a goer. Plus, yes, word of mouth. Beyond that, I think we're not really supposed to ask too many questions!

• Love 1

I really didn't mind Jeri Ryan, and I think it's because we know her role is temporary. But she fit in well. I like the fact that she was harder than Sophie. It made Sophie that much more endearing. She was able to handle the job but her temperament wouldn't have suited the team long-term. But I loved when they brought her back in The Girls Night Out Job. It just reinforced the differences between her and Sophie, yet they worked really well together. You could believe their friendship. I doubt if many people would prefer Tara to Sophie but she was fine as a temporary replacement. Maybe it was intentional to bring in a character that the audience wouldn't really connect with the way they did with the rest of the team. Each of the other team members has a certain vulnerability. Tara doesn't show any weakness and so is less likable than the others. But while she was there, she had everybody's backs. 

Do they ever explain how people find them? Do they advertise or something or is it word of mouth? What they do isn't exactly legal.

There had been references to them having an online presence/website. One instance that comes to mind is in the second episode where the Army Vet explains to the Doctor that Nate's alright "because he found him online", and the Doctor was sarcastic to the effect that of course you only find good people online. I figured they have a website all about the BS " Leverage Consulting firm " that Hardison faked the back story of, so they advertise as something like investigative services but some people they find on their own (or may literally run into while getting coffee in one case!)

The show seems to be back on Ion. At least it was all day yesterday. Hopefully it'll be every Sunday again now for a bit, even though Ion seems to be turning into the all Law and Order Franchises and Criminal Mindas network.

Edited by Gigi43

I'm being selfish.  I really wanted to see Nana, which would be a contractual stipulation.

Nana is quite old now, still living in the house she and her husband bought when they were young and planning on having a large family.  It's a two story house with four or five small bedrooms, a full bath on the second floor and a half bath on the first floor.  Sadly, they never had children of their own, so they became de facto aunty and uncle to the children of the neighborhood.  When Nana's husband died, she took in foster kids, even though she had to work part time to pay the bills.

Nana turned out to be a lifesaver to those kids.  She had an innate sense of what her kids needed and made sure they got it.  Her kids had beds to sleep in, clothes to wear, and the best food she could provide.  Then there was the hard part.  Building trust, teaching discipline, and giving love without knowing if or when it would be returned.  Nana always let her kids know that they were worthy people, and helped them understand that they had a future that was theirs to shape.  She impressed on them the value of an education, even if that didn't include college.  She went to their school events, encouraged them to get involved in activities, and took them to church.  Her kids knew how to behave, even if they didn't always do it.  Nana could tell if they had done something wrong, and would mete out a spanking or a hug, depending on the situation.

Hardison always worried her.  He was so smart, but at the same time he didn't have a lot of respect for the rules of the world.  Just when she was feeling happy because he got good grades at school, she'd find out he'd hacked the school computers and changed everyones grades.  She was forever grabbing him by the ear and dragging him off to apologize to someone for something he'd done.  But then he'd come home some days and see how tired she was.  The next thing she knew, he had her sitting with her feet up while he was in the kitchen trying to make ramen noodles into some kind of fancy meal.  He'd have one of the other kids folding laundry, someone helping him in the kitchen, and correcting another kids homework.

Did you know that there's an apple tree in her back yard that Hardison planted because he found out that she really liked that kind of apple?  After he left home, sometimes she'd find out she'd won a prize in a contest that she hadn't entered.  Or a package would show up with a present for her, and it would be something she really liked, in her favorite color, and she knew it had to come from Hardison even though there was no card attached.  Hardison's been looking out for her all this time, but because he's been working on the wrong side of the law, he doesn't dare come to see her.

So when you make that movie, don't forget to include that stuff.  Maybe Nana's being harrassed by an evil developer who wants to bulldoze her neighborhood and is trying to scare her into selling her home.  He needs Nana to sell, because as long as she stands against him, his plans can't proceed.

• Love 9

In my head canon, Nichelle Nichols is Nana. The earbud thing makes so much more sense now, doesn't it?

I wouldn't hate that by any stretch, because Nichols is the bomb, but I always had a funny little idea that she was a little tiny Asian woman.  Like the mother of my best friend from high school.

Sadly, folks, I did not win.  I will have to sell off some body parts to make this happen.

I love your character, zahdii!  I want to know her!

• Love 1

I've had an ongoing idea of a Nana scene where Eliot makes food because she's coming, but, Nana shows up with her own meal/treats, which completely upstages him and he has to grin and bare it. Oh, and Nana constantly tells Nate and Eliot to cheer up during her visit. The possibilities are endless with Nana.

• Love 3