Type keyword(s) to search

Quantico: Jargon, Nicknames and Assorted Techno-Babble

Trini

Discussion of the pilot has generated a few nicknames already! Please list them here with the reason/source if possible. Also any other outside references used to describe the show ("Grey's Academy"). Ask questions too!

Character: Ryan Booth

• Played by Jake McLaughlin
  • Nickname: Agent Carsex -- because of ... the car sex he had with the lead within hours of meeting her.

Character: Miranda Shaw

• played by Aunjanue Ellis
  • Nickname: Mrs. Sam Hanna -- because the actress also played the wife of Sam Hanna (LL Cool J) from NCIS:LA.

The show itself has been nicknamed "Grey's Academy" because of similarities to the show Grey's Anatomy. (Someone else will have have to point out the similarities, though.)

• Love 1

The show itself has been nicknamed "Grey's Academy" because of similarities to the show Grey's Anatomy. (Someone else will have have to point out the similarities, though.)

The comparison to Grey's Anatomy was this:

• Alex = Meredith
  • Nimah = Christina
  • Shelby = Izzie
  • Simon = George
  • Caleb = Alex
  • Ryan = Derek (McDreamy)
  • Love 2

Based on Ms Blue Jay's observation on the second episode, I suggested "Peroxide I" for Caleb (or Mark, or whoever he is) and "Peroxide II" for Elias, Mr. "I'm Just An Attorney" Analyst.

The comparison to Grey's Anatomy was this:

• Alex = Meredith
  • Nimah = Christina
  • Shelby = Izzie
  • Simon = George
  • Caleb = Alex
  • Ryan = Derek (McDreamy)

I'm curious about this. I haven't watched the first 2 seasons of Grey's Anatomy, but was Christina so different back then that this comparison holds or is it a "pair the spares" thing?

I'm curious about this. I haven't watched the first 2 seasons of Grey's Anatomy, but was Christina so different back then that this comparison holds or is it a "pair the spares" thing?

I find Nimah = Christina to be the least plausible character match but it sort of holds in that both are kind of cool and stand-offish.

Character: Liam O'Connor

•Played by Josh Hopkins

•Nickname: Agent Cougar Town -- because of ... Josh Hopkins' role on that show; alternate nickname: Agent Dime Eyes -- because his character on Cougar Town was teased about having unusually tiny eyes.

• Love 1

Christina and real!Nimah are both uber-confident, uber-competitive, no-nonsense, blunt to the point of being devoid of people-skills people. The one place she doesn't match up all that well IMO with Christina is that Christina and Meredith became besties early on, whereas Nimah/Raina and Alex have had relatively little interaction.

The reveal that part of the time we saw Nimah it was really Raina changes the equation somewhat.

I love Peroxide I and Peroxide II. LOL

This show also reminds me of my other fave implausible police crime show of camp - CSI: MIAMI.

Ryan is clearly going to be Delko, test dummy for the police. 10 episodes in and he has already been shot and tortured.