Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three: Time to Snuggle Up And Watch Our Couchies!

Tap dancing coach: What you could use is more sparkle and a lot more of this. *does dance*

Couch gay (sorry, don't know his name): ......he's not wrong.

LOL! Yes! I was DYING during that whole segment. FURY!

Whomever cast this show did a FANTASTIC job. I like every single one of those couchies!

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 6

Pee Wee.

Haha! Those three have a lot of personality but I think my favorite is the Resnicks' brown one -- is it a Weimaraner? Just kind of flops there, all mellow-like, no matter what's going on around him. I think once he (?) lifted his head slightly when one of the girls screamed extra loud. He should have his own Snapchat so he can keep us updated on his daily life. I trust he's escaped the cone by now.

I keep expecting this show to reach the tipping point pretty soon and blow up. The media mentions are slowly growing ...

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 3

I tend to agree most often with Princella and Scott, but really the vast majority of the Couchies are great fun to watch.

The impression I got was that Emerson is no stranger to the Evil Dead franchise, hence how he was so on fire with his commentary while Blake and Scott were kind of aghast at the chainsaw decapitations and such.

I think I identify with Egber "bed mom" because we are about the same age and my husband is as clueless about pop culture as her husband seems to be.  The looks she casts his way are very similar to mine. I really identify with most of the couchies that are my age.  I also identify with Julie and Brandy because I have the same sense of humor.  I really like all the couchies. 

• Love 2

A glorious show.  Just recommended it to several people in real life so hopefully this was their introduction. 

My two favorite moments were not even quotes -- Julie fighting the dog for the chip and the Zeno kid's eyes lighting up at the nekkid lady.  As much as they could light up with his MOM sitting right there.  

• Love 2

My two favorite moments were not even quotes -- Julie fighting the dog for the chip and the Zeno kid's eyes lighting up at the nekkid lady.  As much as they could light up with his MOM sitting right there.  

Aren't everyone's unmentionables blacked out for TV? I guess they do show butts ...

Speaking of which, I forget who, but somebody was very appalled at the flatness of the man's ass!

I actually recorded a few of those Coach Charming episodes. There can never be too much bitchy pageant coaching.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2

Thank you guys for posting all of these highlight quotes! They have me giggling like a maniac and trying to avoid stares. I've only seen two eps so far but it's introducing me to so much extra tv joy, such as Coach Charming and the live exorcism.

The look on Papa Resnick's face when one of his daughters talked about being stoned, then tried to walk it back and say she's never really been stoned. A little piece of his soul died that day.

Can I change my username to Princella?

• Love 1

David Letterman used to do a joke about Joan Collins being shot through a pair of Levis 501 jeans...

KASSA, ON 12 NOV 2015 - 1:36 PM, SAID:
My two favorite moments were not even quotes -- Julie fighting the dog for the chip and the Zeno kid's eyes lighting up at the nekkid lady.  As much as they could light up with his MOM sitting right there. 

Aren't everyone's unmentionables blacked out for TV? I guess they do show butts ...

I think at his age, just the idea of nekkid ladies is sufficient.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 1

I actually recorded a few of those Coach Charming episodes. There can never be too much bitchy pageant coaching.

I flew to my remote the moment they showed him tap-dancing and added the show to my DVR. He does not disappoint.

I'm catching up with season 3 on Youtube and this show just makes me laugh. I love Papa Zenos' laugh. I must admit that at first I thought the gay couchies were just hip and sarcastic, but every episode I see more compassion from them. I like the side glances the middle gay (Blake, I think? With the eyebrows) gives, when he turns his head to his left but his eyes to the t.v. on the right.

PS Bruinsfan is correct, I meant Scott, not Blake.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 2

That's Scott, Blake is the one on the left, and Emerson is the guy on the right with the tragic hair. Here's a great standup bit Scott does where he mentions The People's Couch:

Thanks, Bruinsfan, for the correction, and for the link to Scott's standup. I really enjoyed watching it.

• Love 1

I really like this show.

Mods could you possibly bump this to the front forum topic pages so we dont't have to scroll to find it?

The doggie potato chip scene was just too funny last week! Watch,Rewind,Watch,Rewind, again and again.

Apparently next week is already the season end. Noooooo!

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 2

With only one episode left, it won't go up front. I'll make sure it does when the next season begins. :)

One thing you can do to keep up with the show anytime someone posts, when you are in The People's Couch forum, click on the blue "Follow" button, and it will add it to your list of favorite shows whenever you click "My Shows."

• Love 3

This is one of just of few shows that make me laugh out loud.  I don't even watch many of the show's they're watching but sometimes their reactions are priceless.  Tonight, the reactions watching the Voice, CMA's and Scream Queens were so funny.  I'm sad that next week is the finale.  WTH.

eta.  Meant CMA's

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

I loved Kenya's shifty eyes when Amanda said the only thing she wouldn't do is have sex for $1 million. Also the reactions to Scott saying he Purells holes.

The Chuckie comment about one of The Voice contestants got me.

I was waiting for PeeWee to eat the fly Cheeto out of Julie's hand.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 2

With only one episode left, it won't go up front. I'll make sure it does when the next season begins. :)

One thing you can do to keep up with the show anytime someone posts, when you are in The People's Couch forum, click on the blue "Follow" button, and it will add it to your list of favorite shows whenever you click "My Shows."

Thanks Cooks, you are the best!

It seems like this season had to few episodes.

I loved Kenya's shifty eyes when Amanda said the only thing she would do is have sex for $1 million. Also the reactions to Scott saying he Purells holes.The Chuckie comment about one of The Voice contestants got me.I was waiting for Peanut to eat the fly Cheeto out of Julie's hand.

Yes! I was just waiting for that dog to grab and munch!

• Love 1

While watching this show I've learned that you can say "licks her nipples" but cant say "pussy".

I continue to love the Zeno family. I like the Egber family too, I've noticed that mom is a little more glammed up than she was in the past. She looks great.

While watching this show I've learned that you can say "licks her nipples" but cant say "pussy".

Well one us way more vulgar than the other in a sexual context. People often get around it by doing the old pussy...cat bit.

I can't stand not Bea Arthur on the older women's couch. God, I feel like I would dread going to visit her if she were my grams.

Julie's face during the "jizz" comment was hilarious. She was actually speechless, which is funny in itself.

I know! I'm not sure why she was so taken aback, because I can easily imagine her giving Brandy shit on the subject. But Julie? YOU ATE A FLY! You got no room to point fingers.

• Love 1

Also, no grannies again this week....hmmm.  Although they appeared in the preview for next week's episode.  I wonder if they don't want to film 100% of the time, or if Bravo films the three of them, but then doesn't include them in the episode if there's nothing really interesting that comes from them...? 

So, the grannies were on last night, but it was only during the preview for next week's episode that I realized that the dad and the three adult daughters weren't on last night's episode.  

Haha! Those three have a lot of personality but I think my favorite is the Resnicks' brown one -- is it a Weimaraner? Just kind of flops there, all mellow-like, no matter what's going on around him. I think once he (?) lifted his head slightly when one of the girls screamed extra loud. He should have his own Snapchat so he can keep us updated on his daily life. I trust he's escaped the cone by now.

The dog breed is a Vizsla and I am in love with it. 

• Love 3

Fly. Definitely fly.

I feel certain I actually heard the word "pussy." Along with jizz.

I like them all (even the Persian sisters are growing on me since they've settled more into their own personalities and stopped being "on."). You'd think I'd be down with Princella, for many reasons, and yet I think I'd have to go with Egbar mom. We're probably close in age, I'm always explaining pop culture to my husband, I like to lay in bed and I have a gay son. So yeah.

I loved Kenya's shifty eyes when Amanda said the only thing she would do is have sex for $1 million. Also the reactions to Scott saying he Purells holes.

I think she said she WOULDN'T. Because Kenya was like, oh really? And giving her shifty "you know you lyin'" eyes.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! It can't be over already! What the eff with this eight episode crap?? I could easily watch double! Bravo, get on that! I don't need fifty million episodes of Million Dollar Real Estate, I need more Couches in my life.

• Love 6

I mean, the show must be super cheap to produce, right? I assume a lot of editing is involved and whatever they pay the couchies, but that's not much compared to scripted or even reality shows. Gah, Bravo!

The thing I'm most curious about with the Persian sisters is if Destiney wears that jeweled headpiece all the time, just during filming, or what.

• Love 2

My two favorite parts of last night's episode was Emerson's indignation that there's a show called "Scream Queens" and they're not on it, and Scott assuring the other two that he would never kill them, and them being genuinely touched by that. I love those guys. 

I can't believe next week is the season finale. It's weird how much I've come to care about these people, but it's really like meeting up with old friends once a week. 

• Love 3

I miss this show already, even though there is still one episode left.   It is my everything. 

I am right there with you, sister.  There could never be enough episodes of it.  It is the only show I laugh out loud watching and then rewind so I can laugh again.

• Love 2

I thought I was having a bad week... and then I came here and read there's only one more ep of this show and now I'm having the WORST week. Why is this not a regular staple like WWHL?!?!?! It's cheap to produce and its not like they would run out of tv shows to watch. Not to mention it's the best damn thing ever.

I loved the comedy clip linked above. The end of civilization? Sign me up!

• Love 4

Fly. Definitely fly.

I feel certain I actually heard the word "pussy." Along with jizz.

I like them all (even the Persian sisters are growing on me since they've settled more into their own personalities and stopped being "on."). You'd think I'd be down with Princella, for many reasons, and yet I think I'd have to go with Egbar mom. We're probably close in age, I'm always explaining pop culture to my husband, I like to lay in bed and I have a gay son. So yeah.

I think she said she WOULDN'T. Because Kenya was like, oh really? And giving her shifty "you know you lyin'" eyes.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! It can't be over already! What the eff with this eight episode crap?? I could easily watch double! Bravo, get on that! I don't need fifty million episodes of Million Dollar Real Estate, I need more Couches in my life.

Lisa Vanderpump said it this season on her show. They did a quick cut of it on previews/commercials, but it aired as it.

• Love 1

When the Zenos were swaying and bouncing to the opening theme from Vanderpump Rules, it reminded me of when my friends and I would watch Melrose Place together and do the same thing. Momma Zeno wants a cat, something tells me she'll have one in her lap next season. :)

• Love 3

I've never seen Broke-Ass Game Show, but I may start watching, I laughed so hard!!

Me, too.  I just did a search, and it's listed as Broke-A$$ Game Show, airing Thursday nights on MTV (there are also a few episodes available On Demand, so I know what I'm watching this weekend!).  :-)

I wonder what Princella would name her cat ...

Let me tell you, Broke Ass Game Show is so worth your time. I DVR that and Ridiculousness because both never fail to have me and my son in stitches.

I don't know what I'm going to do with no People's Couch. I'm off to Bravo.com to write a sternly worded email advising them that they need to reconsider the taping schedule of PC but immediately! Below Deck and Millionaire Matchmaker be damned---we need our Couchies!

• Love 4

For all you Couchie-lovers who are soon going (with me) into TPC-Withdrawal?

Seasons 1 and 2 (complete) are up on YouTube. No commercials. Gotta love 'em.

I found season 3 too, but t poster....something was wrong w/the sound and everybody talks reeeeallllllyyyyy slllooooowwwwlllleeeeeeee....wanted to throw my computer away 10 minutes in.

But Bravo put up all of seasons 1 and 2 on their youtube page. That's how I stay sane between seasons. Re-watch them to death.

Favorite line in all of seasons?
"revenge is best served when you look fantastic!"

• Love 3

And, there are U.K., Australian and Canadian versions of TPC available on YouTube.  More information/discussion is available in the thread called "Gogglebox: Not the Internet Company That Owns Everything... The International Versions of TPC." 

I hope Princella gets her damn cat. Both her husband and son said no, but I think she has the final word in that house.

I hope she gets 2 cats!

Mine loves to lick the cheese off Doritos/Cheetos, so seeing Princella's future tabby get all up in the Zeno snacks would ticke me.

She'd definitely name him Leonidas, just to piss off Rashawn!

• Love 3

I lost my shit when they were showing Lala from Vanderpump Rules admit to being "arm candy" and Princella, after a long pause, exclaims "SO SHE A HO?"

I love Princella. She cracks me up. Loved her telling her son that someone she birthed wasn't going to tell her she couldn't have a cat.

Really all of the peeps make me laugh except for not Bea Arthur but the other two play well off of her so she serves a purpose too.

Such a light hearted and fun show. A welcome escape for me.

• Love 4