Type keyword(s) to search

My Cat From Hell - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/30/2018 at 1:59 PM, LittleIggy said:

I think “Garfield’s” mom just wanted to be on TV

Yeah, maybe.  I also have to wonder if she kind of enjoyed being the person who actually had a huge orange tabby who not just looked like Garfield but actually ate lasagne.   I mean, in real life with her neighbors and friends.

ETA : of course the cat shouldn't be eating any kind of lasagne but that frozen microwave shit I wouldn't even feed to a human.  It's weird the bad diets a lot of doctors and med students have.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 3
On 10/3/2018 at 3:11 AM, possibilities said:

I think it's helpful to showcase common problems, and not only the extreme cases. It might help more people with run of the mill problems to find solutions.

I really like this season. It still has some of the signature Animal Planet manipulative editing for drama, but they've toned some of that down, and I like the mix of happy stories added to the problems.

You bet-- those My Cat from Heaven profiles are the best thing that My Cat from Hell has done lately!

• Love 2
On 10/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, ratgirlagogo said:

Yeah, maybe.  I also have to wonder if she kind of enjoyed being the person who actually had a huge orange tabby who not just looked like Garfield but actually ate lasagne.   I mean, in real life with her neighbors and friends.

ETA : of course the cat shouldn't be eating any kind of lasagne but that frozen microwave shit I wouldn't even feed to a human.  It's weird the bad diets a lot of doctors and med students have.

munchausens (sp) for cats. damn witch doesn't deserve that cat.

this show needs a name change. My Human From Hell ( Is Clueless about Cats and needs to read a few books and do some damn research) some of these people are really ignorant.

• Love 7

Those people with Sydney and the dogs...OMG, I can't believe they thought it was ok for their pit bull to "wrestle" with Sydney!  No wonder that poor kitty was peeing everywhere.  She was terrified all the time.

• Love 6

Poor Syd was getting sexually molested every time he came down off the cabinet.  Beautiful Bengal.  He needed a catification super highway to keep him out of Teddy's way.

The other case with the small child was an easy one.  Who touches who first?  Then the little girl touches cat and cat touched back.  Unfortunately I their cat is not going to allow himself to be treated like a baby doll like some of those You Tube cats.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, izabella said:

Those people with Sydney and the dogs...OMG, I can't believe they thought it was ok for their pit bull to "wrestle" with Sydney!  No wonder that poor kitty was peeing everywhere.  She was terrified all the time.

Sydney had lived most of his life with the previous pit bull and it was stated on the show that they loved each other (thus Sydney's peeing all over the rug that Diamond had peed on).  What Teddy was doing just looked like typical rambunctious puppy playing and I suspect that the owners had seen Diamond acting in a similar way with Sydney in years past so figured it was just more of the same.   The BIG difference here being that an older cat is not going to deal well with rough puppyish play like that from a brand new dog and it was doing the opposite of helping him bond with Teddy.   Teddy looked to me like a classic clownishly galumphing affectionate pit puppy ,i.e., not a danger - I disagree with Jackson there - I don't think he was dangerous but did absolutely need training.  The weird thing there is why the guy who'd already had a pit didn't know this basic dog training.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2018 at 1:27 AM, ratgirlagogo said:

Sydney had lived most of his life with the previous pit bull and it was stated on the show that they loved each other (thus Sydney's peeing all over the rug that Diamond had peed on).  What Teddy was doing just looked like typical rambunctious puppy playing and I suspect that the owners had seen Diamond acting in a similar way with Sydney in years past so figured it was just more of the same.   The BIG difference here being that an older cat is not going to deal well with rough puppyish play like that from a brand new dog and it was doing the opposite of helping him bond with Teddy.   Teddy looked to me like a classic clownishly galumphing affectionate pit puppy ,i.e., not a danger - I disagree with Jackson there - I don't think he was dangerous but did absolutely need training.  The weird thing there is why the guy who'd already had a pit didn't know this basic dog training.

I think Jackson was noting that the behavior (rough play advancing to nipping or biting hands) was dangerous (ie. could be misinterpreted or lead to an injury) and not that Teddy himself was inherently dangerous. He seemed like the kind of dog that would rip a shirt tail jumping up on you and trying to roughhouse because he'd never been taught doggy manners. 

• Love 8

Teddy was a sweet dog who simply didn't understand his own strength. That is dangerous, especially with a cat whose neck he could snap by accident, or who he could otherwise injure even if he's only trying to play. And it's also a problem for humans. Jackson is a big guy, and he was being knocked around and nipped. Imagine if Teddy does that to some kid. Someone could get really hurt.

• Love 8

I only saw this episode in a couple of chunks, but I loved it.  I am a huge proponent of TNR as the most-humane and -effective way of handling community/feral cats, so I like anything that spotlights such work. 

It was nice to see youngsters taking part and articulating why. 

And good on Halo for donating all that food; unfortunately, its dry food (what was donated) is, like almost all dry food options, higher in carbs than is ideal, but it's one of the handful of dry food manufacturers that uses high-quality ingredients, and it also has a decent phosphorus content, which is important for cats with chronic kidney disease.  The cost difference, and ability to leave dry food out in conditions not conducive to leaving out canned/raw food, makes it far easier to feed a colony dry food, and these cats would be better off with bags of Meow Mix than fending for themselves, so to get a supply of Halo is quite the bonus.

This was thus an uplifting episode, and I look forward to seeing it in full via repeat.

• Love 4
On 10/20/2018 at 11:57 PM, SRTouch said:

Ok, best Jackson Galaxy yet! Never mind the overly dramatic clueless cat owners with Jackson arriving with predictable solutions. I much preferred this actual cat rescue and TNR education.

we should have more like this! so much better than the mostly, idiots who don't know the basics of owning a cat and the same ol answers, catification, vet, stupid owners ignorance. more info for the public on how to help, how to get the word out about this problem etc. 

saw at the end jackson's cat died at what was it? 26 years old? wow. sad but impressive long life.

• Love 3

I didn't discover the show until it had been on the air for a few years; I caught up through reruns. It was timely that I found the show when I did. I went through a deeply traumatizing event (not cat-related) and could barely leave my room. So, something about this guy who looked like a bounty hunter/Hell's Angel visiting hurting felines with a guitar case filled with goodies really spoke to me. Thank you, Jackson, for all that you do for felines AND humans.

• Love 10

I happened to come across some new (?) My Cat From Hell. I forget what the actual name was. My DVR wasn't recording it so I had to do it manually. Everyone, it is June 18th on Animal Planet . Looks like a few in a row. Don't know what this is but I hope there is a new season. With cats being the most popular pet, there sure are not a lot of shows on TV about them. 

I like that he's filming around the pandemic, even if it makes the show rough looking. Life is rough, be real about it.

I didn't really see what the difference was in how the dude was feeding the cats when the woman let him alone to do it. Was it just that he was more calm? The way she freaked out over the cat coughing set ME off. And I still didn't understand why Watson was attacking the guy, when it was the woman who was freaking out and overstimulating him.

The other story was cute with the cat who wanted to escape. He seemed so sweet and playful. I liked that Jackson understood it wasn't about the family, it was about the neighbor cat he saw out the window. I don't really get how one scratch is enough to make you fear the cat forever, and why the family didn't really help the kid get over that before Jackson came along, though.

Catification always looks so expensive. I have fantasies of building elaborate structures and decorating my apartment for cat happiness, but frankly I can't imagine my landlords would be okay with it, even if I had the money. I have to just hope I never wind up with a cat who isn't okay with human furniture and nothing fancy.

• Love 1

I'm so glad this show is sorta back! I wish I had Jackson's catio. 

That feeding time frenzy was insane, my cats never act like that when it's time to eat, I only have 2 though, the cat craziness of that couple's house made me never want that many cats. 

That family with the escaping cat needed to rescreen their windows with petscreen, its strong and helps keep the heat out, it's cheap to buy, I did 15 windows and a back door for $60.  

And I agree with the poster above, catification is expensive. I wonder if Jackson had all those shelves sent to the families. I think I posted this before, but I made my own catification and it didn't cost much...

613ee710c26d357c1baf502ed243f456.jpg

• Love 10

This was disappointing. Loved Jacksons catio. I was hoping he would introduce us to all his pets. Kinda icked out about the rooster in the house. I was just not into either family or their problems. When is this show coming back for real? It did not look like the larger family could afford to do any catification, although there are ways of doing it cheaply if you are the least bit handy. No A/C in California. Yikes, made me want to send them a window unit. 

I kind of liked it.  Loved that the boyfriend wasn't the evil monster and that they were able to do things with remote advice that made the situation better for all 4 cats.

My next door neighbors had a baby rooster, kept in a pen near my bedroom, and I nearly murdered them.  They go off all night and sound like an air horn while they are learning to crow.

On 4/22/2014 at 11:06 AM, SunShine Gal said:

I've watched several seasons of this show and look forward to the new episodes. I too hope the producers and Jackson have made the show better, and gotten away from the dramatic pauses which are annoying.

Jackson: "Has Mr. Skankyfuzz started eating from his dish again."

>----long pause----<

Clueless Couple: "... Yes. He's eating from his dish."

Some of the people on this show don't seem like cat people at all. For some of the problems, I'd think an experienced cat person would know what to do. I don't mean all of the situations, but some. The couple who introduced a rhodesian ridgeback puppy into their home comes to mind. They had some behavioral problems with their cat and thought a rambunctious puppy would some how help. WTF? Seriously, how did they think THAT would help? It seemed more like they were trying a tough love tactic with a cat. If you don't stop crying, I'll really give you something to cry about! A puppy that's soon going to be a BIG DOG.

I kind of wish they'd give us updates on some of the cats and owners. I particularly liked the story of Ally and Cally. I forgot her age, but that sweet lady was in her late 80's I think. She wanted a companion animal and had so much love and affection to give a pet, but her cat was biting and scratching her. I'd like to know how they are doing now.

MCFH appeared on the discovery+ streaming app on Roku to which I recently subscribed to watch all the Murder Shows.  I just watched the Allie and Callie episode last night from Season 3 "Roommates From Hell" (2012/2013).  Callie. the 95-year-old sweet WWII survivor lady, sadly passed away in 2013.  The episode ended with an In Memory Of notation of Callie 1917-2013 and that her daughter Pam adopted Allie.  Jackson sorted out the last year or so of her life to be happy with her once feral cat.  And daughter Pam stepped up and took Allie.  What a great mother and daughter.

• Love 3