Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Name That Quote Game

• Start Topic

What better way to take a trip down memory lane than reminding ourselves and each other of this show's classic dialogue?! Just post a quote of your choice, after which someone has to identify the speaker, person being spoken to and the episode in which this quote is spoken. Whoever gets it right posts the next quote. A lot of us wasted many happy hours playing this at TWoP, so I hope it catches on here as well! 

Here's a random one to get us started: "He must have been a very good boy to deserve such a happy day. I bet they let him ride a pony." 

(edited)

A: Hee---Luke to Lorelai at the end of Come Home! 

Q: "I expect to return in twenty minutes. That should give you enough time to pull my gifts out of storage and place them around the room as if they actually stand there all year."

Edited by mstaken

Ah, yes!  I couldn't remember why Lorelai was mad at Emily so I couldn't place it.

Lorelai to Rory in So...Good Talk!

Q.  I saw it on Martha Stewart. She was doing one of those double programs, and the first half was on massaging your dog, and she had this chow and she was rubbing it…

It's Sookie but I can't remember the episode -- definitely one of the early seasons though.

Sookie to Lorelai and Rory in Run Away Little Boy. They wanted to keep the ice-cream maker that Lorelai got as a wedding gift!

Q. "I don't know. Have you checked underneath that thing on your head?"

Edited by nolieblue

Ah, crap.  I just spit out a mouthful of potato chip.  That's Lorelai to the undies saleslady in The Reigning Lorelai.  (The thought of Gran wearing underwear that came over on the Mayflower just makes me laugh for days.)

Q.  Postmen finally got organized, huh?

• Love 1

Lorelai to Chase, that lame blind date, in Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers! I had to finally relent and look this one up :)

"Skeletons in the family closet? War wounds? Funny shaped scars?"

• Love 1
(edited)

Lorelai to Luke in Lorelai Out of Water. :D

"Ok, so this meat loaf... is it a romantic food for you? Is it getting you hot?"

Edited by AlinaRay
  • Love 1

Ha---Kirk in An Affair to Remember! 

"I don’t want to be one of those women sitting around making jokes about husband number two. I want number one to last."

Rory to Jess in Eight O'Cloak at the Oaaaaaaaaaaaaasis

“I want to live my life so that I’ll be able to read an in-depth biography about myself  in later years and not puke.”

Yep you're right!

Oh oh! Richard, in the one where the maid puts the walnuts in the salad...oh what's it called...the one where he talks Rory into going to Yale...err..

I got it! Let the games begin!

"There is something deeply satisfying about watching other people exercise while eating junk food"

A: Rory to Lorelai in Lost and Found! 

Q: ""My Heart." "My Heart Belongs to Daddy," "My Heart Belongs to Me," "My Heart Belongs to You." My heart can't make up its mind."