Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Under The Mask

MarkHB

Erica Kravid, the powerful woman behind the global conglomerate Renautas, reveals just how far she will go to protect the world from Evos. Tommy finds comfort in sharing his ability with Emily and a new-found popularity at school. In Japan, Miko's rescue mission comes up against some unexpected obstacles. Elsewhere, Noah Bennet continues to work with Quentin in his search for the truth and Malina is guided by an unseen force. Meanwhile, Luke and Joanne continue on their deadly mission and Carlos' search for answers causes him to dig deep to find the hero within.

So, Aurora girl has an invisible friend -- and the butterfly is still roaming the Arctic.  Sure, whatever.  And somehow she is turning thunderstorms into auroras ?

Zach Levi has the sads from all the killing -- and apparently his Evo powers are manifesting finally.  Will his wife kill him too ?  Because she seems to be enjoying the killing a little too much.  They just slaughtered about a dozen people for no apparent reason.

Harris (Prime) -- are there many clones of him ?  Is he like the First Prime of Apophis </StargateSG1> ?  Why is Renautus operating out of the Yamagato Tower in Tokyo ?

Epic appears to be some sort of Oculus Rift VR glasses -- how is that going to "change" everything ?

How did Miko's father get Hiro Nakamura's sword ?  I understand why Harris and Erica Cravid would know about it, since they work for Renautus and have full access to Primatech files.  No surprise that Miko's mad skills didn't translate all that well into the real world.

I'm curious how the priest found Carlos in that building.  That just seemed out of the blue.  And how did Quentin find HRG in the security office of the hospital ?

Claire really is dead.  That doesn't make sense.  Why was Molly Walker in the hospital in Odessa on June 13 ?

What are the odds that Ren "just happened" to get off on the floor that Miko was about to be tortured ?

And it turns out that Harris is a cloner, kind of like a starfish -- cut a piece off and both pieces completely regrow.  How come they didn't designate him Clone 1 or Clone 2 -- because they wouldn't have labelled Harris (Prime) if it hadn't happened before at least once ?

Is it getting hot in here -- or is it just Zach Levi ?  </sarcasm>  Why did sunshine appear to enhance his powers ?  It's kind of weird that they just left his story with that flash of blinding light ?

How did Quentin and HRG get from Texas to Colorado so quickly ?  Let alone sneak into a high security facility.  Why were there so many airline pilots at the main entrance of the Midian facility ?

Carlos should be dead after that beating -- and being thrown through a wall -- and falling a couple of stories.  Why does evil Paul from Orphan Black have powers yet is killing Evos ?

Why did that woman he was torturing just not fly out the window on her own -- instead of waiting until she was thrown out of the window to escape ?

So EPIC is the Walker tracking system fully implemented world-wide in real-time so they can hunt down all the Evos -- so much for Renautus "doing good work".  I'm not really sure what the point of the glasses are if they can track anyone using an app ?

Ending the episode on the stupid car crash with Tommy and his mom was just lame.

ETA:  Turns out that Tommy can teleport himself.  Go figure.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

I was napping, and I missed the first 3-4 minutes. Something tells me I didn't miss anything earthshaking.

I feel that the show is not that great. There's good stuff like digitizing powers (at least Epic isn't as lame as the Sonic Sunglasses), Hunter!Chuck having powers and Harris (didn't DC have a guy with similar mojo named Mob Rule?), but I feel like my heart isn't into it. And I think Jack Coleman deserves a trophy for reciting Noah's dialogue with conviction. Also, for having to deal with Quentin, who is a drag to be around.

Anybody mildly amused that Tommy can teleport by touching himself?

• Love 7

Super Friend Finder, powered by Molly Walker, now available in the Google Play store! iPhone app coming later.

Ando 2.0 coming across the info of exactly where Video Game Girl was being held ("7th floor conference room. You know, the one by the water fountain? Out the elevator, hang a left, halfway down the hall") was groan worthy. I'm surprised that Harris Prime didn't just draw a map with helpful little You Are Here stars and conveniently drop it on the ground. And now he's a pickpocket on top of some super sweet gamer? But thank you for confirming that it's Hiro/Kenzei's sword. I actually got something right!

Well, two things right. I knew one of the Murderous Duo was going to develop a power. I'm still not feeling either of them, despite the sudden solar power. And still not feeling Carlos. 

This show needs fewer commercial breaks. Every time I feel like I'm getting into the story, another break. But I'm still in. I know to be patient with Heroes (even if it does just lead to disappointment usually). 

• Love 4

So it seems like Miko's father was the Evo,from the way Harris and Erica were talking. Sounds like he's dead (or presumed dead) and Miko is a creation of his. I'm wondering how she got Hiro's sword though- that didn't seem like something Hiro would willingly part with, especially badass future Hiro.

Quentin was a lot more likeable in Dark Matters than he has been so far in the show. They should let whoever wrote him there to collaborate on his scenes.

Bennett showing up places to have everyone be mad and/or fearful of him while he has no clue why is going to get old soon. I'm interested in his story, but I'm going to need some more information fast.

Ditto for Malina- I'm interested in what her deal and story is, but it needs to get moving or I'm going to lose interest in her soon.

Carlos is the most boring plotline for me. I feel like they need to get him interacting with another hero to be interesting.

Zach Levi developing powers is not surprising. It looked a bit like Ted's power from the first series. Did anyone ever figure out if their son was an Evo or not? The wife can die anytime now. I'm guessing Luke will end up killing her near the end of the series.

Tommy learning to teleport himself is cool. I wonder who they are that are trying to protect him and why his mom is so scared of them.

Not a bad episode, but I would have liked a little more movement in some of the plots.

• Love 2

I thought it was alright.  Not as good as last week's episodes.

Molly is a moron...she must have picked that up from Mohinder.  Could whatever Noah did really be as bad as what happened to you because you didn't escape with him?

• Love 8

Quentin was a lot more likeable in Dark Matters than he has been so far in the show. They should let whoever wrote him there to collaborate on his scenes.

Dark Matters just feels more interesting to me, I get more of a sense of evo discrimination than this show's bouncing around between characters/storylines.

• Love 1

Why is Renautus operating out of the Yamagato Tower in Tokyo ?

Epic appears to be some sort of Oculus Rift VR glasses -- how is that going to "change" everything ?

No surprise that Miko's mad skills didn't translate all that well into the real world.

Claire really is dead.  That doesn't make sense.  Why was Molly Walker in the hospital in Odessa on June 13 ?

Is it getting hot in here -- or is it just Zach Levi ?  </sarcasm>  Why did sunshine appear to enhance his powers ?  It's kind of weird that they just left his story with that flash of blinding light ?

Carlos should be dead after that beating -- and being thrown through a wall -- and falling a couple of stories.  Why does evil Paul from Orphan Black have powers yet is killing Evos ?

Why did that woman he was torturing just not fly out the window on her own -- instead of waiting until she was thrown out of the window to escape ?

So EPIC is the Walker tracking system fully implemented world-wide in real-time so they can hunt down all the Evos -- so much for Renautus "doing good work".  I'm not really sure what the point of the glasses are if they can track anyone using an app ?

Renautus apparently had some sort of partnership with Yamagato that has culminated in building Epic. Why they went to Japan to have that meeting rather than simply say "thank you" in a conference call/video call, especially when the debut of Epic was right around the corner doesn't make much sense.

Epic as shown is super-Cerebro that anyone can use. So it will change the world in several ways:

1. It will allow whoever is willing to pay for it to find evos no matter where they are. Thus, no more evo terrorist attacks, or at least, the ability to track the evil doers immediately after they attacked (what the CEO promised)

2. It will allow Renautus to track down evos and turn their abilities into apps, as Molly suspected.

3. There is presumably nothing that stops Epic from being used to track down non-Evos. So we have Big Brother. 

Miko's real-world skills had her successfully kicking the crap out of about a dozen security guards, if not more. The only reason she got captured was she fought another Evo. So I would say that was a pretty good translation to the real world.

I will refuse to believe Claire is dead until we see her actual body, up close and personal. We saw just a blond, with evidence of time manipulation. My money is the body is a fake and part of the plan.

Zach Levi's character's powers appear to be based in some sort of energy absorption/generation. It seemed to me that he shut down the car accidentally by using some electricity, while he heated up his steak knife to roast his steak. So he's probably taking a page from Superman's playbook and turning solar energy into something else.

There's a long-lived trope of human comic characters being able to take way more punishment than a real-world person conceivably could. So that's right where Carlos fits in.

Seems like Flying Woman was not able to go very fast. I'll fan-wank that she probably couldn't have mustered the speed to bust through the window on her own.

One would argue that hunting evos is "good work," if it helps avoid another June 13 attack.

It seems the glasses may have different functionality than the full system. With the goggles, the CEO could pinpoint exactly where in the auditorium an evo was.

Even assuming the goggles only convey the info that the full system does, it could be cheaper, allow more independence of users, etc. Or it could just be a marketing thing.

Harris (didn't DC have a guy with similar mojo named Mob Rule?)

There have been a number of people who are able to duplicate themselves in comics who can self-clone (off the top of my head, DC's Duo Damsel/Triplicate Girl and Multiplex, Marvel's Multiple Man), but most of them that I can think of can't regenerate like Harris was able to.

It feels like not very much happened this episode.  I guess that's partly because there are so many different plotlines.  The only parts that really stood out were Tommy transporting himself, Luke starting to develop powers (Joanne can DIAF any time now), and the dirty cop going after Evos having his own powers (but that might just be because it's Dirty Paul ... too bad he doesn't seem like the type of character who'll be sticking around for long).

Edited by Senna

I agree, Free. I think the more subtle and realistic ways discrimination was shown in Dark Matters (Phoebe having to register and carry a specific id card, etc) is more interesting than what we get in the actual series. Other than the person being tasered at the border in the first episode, the only discrimination we've seen is from the Crazy Collins Couple. That zealous extremism isn't as interesting to me as the subtleties and complexities of discrimination against Evos.

• Love 2

I agree, Free. I think the more subtle and realistic ways discrimination was shown in Dark Matters (Phoebe having to register and carry a specific id card, etc) is more interesting than what we get in the actual series. Other than the person being tasered at the border in the first episode, the only discrimination we've seen is from the Crazy Collins Couple. That zealous extremism isn't as interesting to me as the subtleties and complexities of discrimination against Evos.

It doesn't help that we have the characters all over the place and we don't really get that sense of evo discrimination as well, just the evil Renatus company and their evil new tech.

• Love 1

In this episode, we have the radio in the background about how evos are not meant to be covered by the Bill of Rights. 

The fact that evos have to register with the government, and there's an underground railroad to smuggle them to Canada, and there's a group that is getting $25k a head to deliver them, and Molly can just be bagged and tagged and plugged into a machine are other examples of anti-evo discrimination.

• Love 2

A few things about this episode:

1. Who are the women in the Arctic and what is coming?

2. So, if Evil!Chick is the Evo, in the couple, does his wife know? If not then why didn't he tell her in the first place like, " um, honey I have powers, I am an Evo and so is our son". Also, does anyone else is starting to think that the explosion was Evil!Chuck's fault?

3. When Renautus unveiled their (not) Google Glasses/VR glasses I was thinking that it was a stupid product. First why stop at only finding Evos, why not locate anyone, anywhere? Another aspect is what is going on; what I am asking,  is it totally legit for regular people, presumably here in the US, to go after Evos with the mentality to hunt down and kill them?  Or is Renautus releasing their new product to only governments/military groups? 

4. I do not like the Video Game Girl storyline at all and I hope that they will drop this storyline and/or improve the characters. Like everyone else here, I am totally getting an Ando/Hiro vibe from Season 1 of Heroes (from original series) and I only really liked two things about it: Ando and Future Hiro. 

Oh, does anyone remember that Yamagato was actually Hiro father's company, where both Ando and Hiro worked there as programmers and that Hiro's father was also involved with Primatech? Also, I think that Hiro's older sister is still running the place, which means that all three companies (Renautus, Primatech, and Yamagato) are connected to the same group of people?

- As with the Masked Superman of East LA, personally I could care less with this storyline. Although, I kind of see where they are trying to go with the Masked Superhero idea, it kinds of makes sense in a world filled with Superpowered humans. You will eventually have two groups; the first being the ones who want to dress up and be masked comic book like heroes and the other group being the ones who want to dress up and be comic book villains. 

Another aspect is that I can totally see that the crooked police are probably working for Renautus/Primatech/Yamagato and are just doing their bagging and tagging for them, on the West Coast. 

- The Tommy storyline was okay, but I wonder who is the Penny Man and I am sure it's all connects back to Renautus/Primatech/Yamagato. 

- Personally, the only story that I am still interested is that of Noah's, but a lot didn't happen with him. Instead, we only saw old security videos of him crying over a (presumably) dead Claire and Molly being an idiot by not going with Noah. She had to know that by not going with him, at that moment in time,

I thought it was alright.  Not as good as last week's episodes.

Molly is a moron...she must have picked that up from Mohinder.  Could whatever Noah did really be as bad as what happened to you because you didn't escape with him?

Personally, I got the impression that Matt Parkman wasn't too bright either. So, IMO, Molly must take after both of them. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 3

Disappointed that Hot Paul from Orphan Black is just a bully.

The priest with the smoke cloak may very well do more to redeem Catholicism than popular Pope Francis.

Not!Chuck's wife is so charismatic that it's hard to hate her. I hope they kill her off so I can see her on another show in a different kind of role. Or maybe she'll turn over a new leaf and start 12-stepping her way into being a saviour of special-power people as soon as she discovers her dearly beloved is one of them.

So I was right. Samurai girl's dad is Hiro. Does he know he has a kid? Will he have to pay back-child-support?

ETA: Those glasses are sooo leftovers from Caprica.

Edited by shapeshifter

Damn, Joanne is freakin' crazy.

The girl flies?  I thought only one "EVO" could have a power.

So the priest not only turns to smoke, he can turn other people to smoke.

I have a feeling Ren is an EVO.

Er, "I'd like my watch back please"?  He was wearing a watch.  Because I was wondering when he regrew his hand, where the watch came from, since it has been on the chopped off hand.  wtf?

Why did Luke never have this power before?  He's not a little kid.

Tommy has interesting musical taste.

If Tommy's mother is a nurse, how does she get a job?  Nurses are registered, aren't they? I wonder if she's really his mother.

Hey, Molly, it's probably not a good thing to yell out a person's name when they've told everybody not to turn around. And damn, she's stupid.

Why does Ryan Guzman have a Canadian accent when he's from Texas and grew up in Sacramento?

Why does EPIC have an English accent?

Sure a lot of anti-EVO EVOs.

does anyone else is starting to think that the explosion was Evil!Chuck's fault?

Just before whatever happened in Odessa, there was a black shadow and everybody looked up.  An eclipse, maybe?

• Love 1

Damn, Joanne is freakin' crazy.

So the priest not only turns to smoke, he can turn other people to smoke.

Er, "I'd like my watch back please"?  He was wearing a watch.  Because I was wondering when he regrew his hand, where the watch came from, since it has been on the chopped off hand.  wtf?

Tommy has interesting musical taste.

If Tommy's mother is a nurse, how does she get a job?  Nurses are registered, aren't they? I wonder if she's really his mother.

Hey, Molly, it's probably not a good thing to yell out a person's name when they've told everybody not to turn around. And damn, she's stupid.

Why does Ryan Guzman have a Canadian accent when he's from Texas and grew up in Sacramento?

Why does EPIC have an English accent?

Sure a lot of anti-EVO EVOs.

Just before whatever happened in Odessa, there was a black shadow and everybody looked up.  An eclipse, maybe?

Yeah, I forgot about that, but, IMO,  at least it's a theory as to why it happened. 

They had a caption on the screen that labeled him "Harris Clone," which I thought was pretty amusing. I think if you cut an earthworm in half that it will grow into 2 worms. That's what happened when Miko cut his hand off. He grew a new one and the cut off hand grew a new body.

Smoke Priest, I like Smoke Priest.  His character is intriguing.

Levi's character's wife annoys me.  Hanging around her would be exhausting.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

No reason to think that only one evo could have a given power. In fact, the previous series showed that both Sylar and Peter were power sponges, for example. 

Since they are trying to recreate the Hiro/Ando dynamic, I'm assuming Ren is normal.

Harris Prime was wearing the watch on his left wrist when Gamer Girl cut off his left forearm. Harris Prime regrew his left forearm, while the detached forearm grew into a full-fledged clone, complete with clothes. Since Harris Clone had the watch, Harris Prime asked for it back.

Evos don't get their powers like mutants at puberty. The original series suggested that eclipses somehow triggered these evolutions. So perhaps Luke got triggered at June 13, or these northern lights/storm things are starting to trigger new evos.

Tommy's mom presumably fakes nursing credentials for the new identities. It may be that Pennyman belongs to an organization that has been helping the Tommy family.

Yeah, I've been assuming that was an eclipse.

i think the eclipse was supposed to be Quentin's sister, Phoebe, who had the ability to control/steal light. They seemed to think it was her doing it when it was shown in Dark Matters. The original series didn't seem to be able to decide if the eclipse was responsible for powers or not, which was annoying. 

Is Penny Man supposed to be Primatech/Renautus? We know Tommy was kept at Primatech for a while, since he sent the Collins to his old room. His mom seemed to be talking to the guy as if she had trusted him at one point ("never again"), and also mentioned "all of you" indicating a group. I'm not really sure what to think of that. I'm more interested in why Tommy would have been held by Primatech in the first place. Also I keep thinking back to the first episode when he said his name isn't even really Tommy and he doesn't know who his father is. I'm sure that will come into play at some point, but I have no idea who his father might be. He doesn't resemble any of our original Heroes, which I think they would have gone for in casting if he was supposed to be the child of one of them. 

Flying seems to be a common ability- in the original series both Nathan Petrelli and Claire's friend West could fly. So far in this series, we've seen that small child at the Evo summit, the Chinese guy in the arctic who chops off his hand and flies off, and now this woman. 

I'd rather Ren be the Evo than Miko, honestly. I find him to be kind of charming, and wish he was part of a different story. After rewatching again, my guess is that Miko's "dad" (I think they call him Hachiro Otomo?) once did have a daughter since we've seen the pictures of him with a young girl in his study, but I don't think it was Miko. I think Miko is a creation of his, brought to life to replace the daughter he lost. It would fit with her not knowing where she went to school or how long she had been alone when Ren was asking her questions in the first episode. It also ties into what Erica and Harris were saying this episode with wondering how it can be possible he has a daughter, and Harris asking her if she remembered the accident and the death. It still doesn't answer how she got Hiro's sword though. 

Claire died at/in the hospital, instead of at the summit. So was she a patient at the hospital then, or was she actually at the summit and then brought to the hospital? Was it ever established in the first series if Claire's body could heal from things like the common cold or cancer? Maybe she died from something along those lines instead of whatever happened in Odessa? It will be interesting to find out why Hiro and Molly were at the hospital that day too. I'm assuming we'll get some flashback episode to show what lead up to that day and maybe even months before it. The people in charge of the show were fond of doing flashback and future episodes on the series, which were often some of the most interesting (still love the first future episode they did). 

• Love 1

He grew a new one and the cut off hand grew a new body.

Not only that, but the cut-off hand apparently has the ability to grow the same clothing the original was wearing, which makes no sense whatsoever.   It should have been nude, with a watch on.  

• Love 5

Harris Prime was wearing the watch on his left wrist when Gamer Girl cut off his left forearm. Harris Prime regrew his left forearm, while the detached forearm grew into a full-fledged clone, complete with clothes. Since Harris Clone had the watch, Harris Prime asked for it back.

It was very comic-book-y for the severed arm to regrow with a complete set of clothes. But if that was possible, why couldn't Harris Prime recreate the watch..? Because, as long as you are throwing logic out the window, why be nit-picky about little details? 

..The same thing applies to a lot of the EVO's "powers" -- they are more magical than scientifically possible. Katana Girl can  dematerialize to and from a video game -- a game that does not appear to be the creation of actual programmers, nor does the game appear to exist on actual servers.. 

But, whatev .. 

Heroes Reborn, like a lot shows, makes the mistake of thinking that piling on unanswered questions is the same a good writing -- but it is not.

And just like those other shows (Heroes, Lost, etc), if the writers have not planned very satisfying answers to those questions, most viewers will tune out in disgust. 

From the looks of the ratings, it appears the original Heroes left a bad impression for a lot of folks -- this show isn't exactly killing it..

So far, it is a fun escapist show - if you don't examine it too closely - but it has definitely brought back a lot of the bad elements of its predecessor. 

• Love 1

In this episode, we have the radio in the background about how evos are not meant to be covered by the Bill of Rights.

The fact that evos have to register with the government, and there's an underground railroad to smuggle them to Canada, and there's a group that is getting $25k a head to deliver them, and Molly can just be bagged and tagged and plugged into a machine are other examples of anti-evo discrimination.

And that's the problem seeing as this is supposed to be the main theme of this series, yet it's mostly in small scenes or in the background when it should be at the forefront affecting all these characters.

Like I said before, it's all over the place in terms of characters and storylines, we jump around from Noah investigating to the video game girl with some terrible cg graphics to Tommy's storyline to some guy actually dressing up and basically play out being a super hero.

The scenes are so jarring in tone and importance, Kring has been trying to do this since the previous Heroes series, throw a bunch of characters and storylines all over the place, but it's very hit or miss and it makes a very uneven experience.

I can't comment on the whole episode because I fell asleep, but woof.  That was not good.  I actually liked last week's two episodes, but this was not good.  The fight scene in the lobby of that building was AWFUL.  Are there not quick cuts or camera angles that can be used to make your actress who is clearly not athletic look even remotely like a fighter?  Or just speed it up a little? I thought that scene was one of the worst I've seen including Heroes original recipe goes to the circus.

• Love 1

So, basically, the big plan from the shady organization is to use Molly as a way keep tabs on all the Evos through a nifty computer program, and even deal with the "hostile" ones.  Of course, with this group I think that anyone who doesn't agree with them will be considered hostile.  Not sure what exactly this is heading towards, so all I'm going to say for now is that Molly better have a good reason for not accepting Noah's assistance, and just getting captured.  Unless she had saw him going on a Evo-killing spree like the Collins, I can't see any good reason why she didn't go with him.  At the very least, take the same exit with them, and then ditch their asses.

More Canadians with powers!  Cle Bennett and his awesome voice can not only regrow severed limbs, but the severed limbs grow into a clone!  And his name is Harris Prime!  Meanwhile, Dylan Bruce has traded in Paul from Orphan Black, as some guy with super strength, who is hunting Evos for whatever reason.  Finally, the Evo with flying powers was another Rookie Blue vet (Mario Cruz), so I'm starting to think the entire cast is going to end playing Evos on this show (well, except Missy Peregrym, who already played Candice in the original series.)

Not only is Zachary Levi started to regret massacring Evos, it turns out he might actually be one himself!  I bet his crazy wife is going to love that!

Tommy just wants to party, but it's hard when you are an Evo and have the biggest helicopter mom in the world.  Granted, considering what happened at the end, she might have been right to be worried.

Still having problems getting invested in either Miko or Carlos' sub-plots.  I'm sure they'll end up being important to the main story eventually, but for now, they are dull and just remind me of the first season of Heroes/other superhero shows.

• Love 1

Not only that, but the cut-off hand apparently has the ability to grow the same clothing the original was wearing, which makes no sense whatsoever.   It should have been nude, with a watch on.  

Having had a tooth crown "cloned" via fancy schmancy equipment that looks and works like a cross between PhotoShop and a 3D printer, I no longer have a problem with both body and clothing being simultaneously cloned.

It was very comic-book-y for the severed arm to regrow with a complete set of clothes. But if that was possible, why couldn't Harris Prime recreate the watch..?

Maybe the cloning only starts with a severe, painful injury to the body, so asking for the watch back is preferable.

More to the point: It was a funny line.

• Love 2

Zach Levi developing powers is not surprising. It looked a bit like Ted's power from the first series. Did anyone ever figure out if their son was an Evo or not? The wife can die anytime now

I am beyond done with the wife.

As with the Masked Superman of East LA, personally I could care less with this storyline

It's bad, but the thing is I WANT so much to love it.  Since I also watch The Strain this now makes TWO separate shows where they've squandering a Heroic Mexican Wrestler storyline.  Why promise me a NeoSanto who can fight supernatural monsters and then refuse to deliver?

• Love 1

Still having problems getting invested in either Miko or Carlos' sub-plots.  I'm sure they'll end up being important to the main story eventually, but for now, they are dull and just remind me of the first season of Heroes/other superhero shows.

Exactly, it's also what makes the series jarring and uneven, especially with each episode jumping around from storyline/character to another, seeing them back to back.  It would've been better had it been more focused.

Joanne is bugging me, I don't know if it is her acting or how the character is supposed to be represented, but her whole "we are doing it for our son" mantra, besides just being insane, rings hollow with the amount of glee she seems to feel in killing these evos.

• Love 7

So, reading everyone's speculation about Claire makes me wonder if Renautus or someone came up with a way to de-power evos, using Claire as a guinea pig.  That's one way that she could have been killed (once they hit her with the whammy).  I stopped watching the original series about 1/4 of the way through Season 3; did the show already address ways to suppress abilities?

Exactly!  Mr. Sexy Clone 1 should have been nude . . . for science reasons.  Ahem.

Maybe the clone could regrow the fiber-based clothing but not the metal-based watch?  I got nothing.

Exactly!  Mr. Sexy Clone 1 should have been nude . . . for science reasons.  Ahem.

Maybe the clone could regrow the fiber-based clothing but not the metal-based watch?  I got nothing.

The weird thing was that the clone regrew with the exact same clothing complete with belt, tie and rolled up shirt sleeves.  If you made the argument that the clothing touching his body was cloned, that doesn't explain the accessories like the belt and tie.

Even weirder -- when they showed the clone getting up from the floor, the watch was on his right hand but when he stands up and approaches Harris (Prime) the watch is back on the left hand.  Hello ?  Hello show ?  Is there a continuity guy on staff ?  Hello ?

• Love 1

So, reading everyone's speculation about Claire makes me wonder if Renautus or someone came up with a way to de-power evos, using Claire as a guinea pig.  That's one way that she could have been killed (once they hit her with the whammy).  I stopped watching the original series about 1/4 of the way through Season 3; did the show already address ways to suppress abilities?

Arthur Petrelli - Nathan and Peter's father - turned out to be alive, evil, and had the ability to take others' powers away permanently. He died by the end of the season, though.

• Love 2

It's bad, but the thing is I WANT so much to love it.  Since I also watch The Strain this now makes TWO separate shows where they've squandering a Heroic Mexican Wrestler storyline.  Why promise me a NeoSanto who can fight supernatural monsters and then refuse to deliver?

Oh, I want to love that storyline (and maybe this show), but I can't get into it. First I got a weird vibed that they were copying from Netflix's Daredevil series (with the whole masked superhero who is trying to save his working class neighborhood) and then I also can't get into the whole underground railroad theme that it's trying to tell. Every time someone mentions it my eyes rolls. IMO, it's something about the storyline I can't get around my head; if Evos lives are so bad and/or in constant danger that they want to secretly escape to Canada (and who isn't to say that the Canadian government is going to hunt them down and/or torture them/use them like Renautus/Primatech/Yamagato did to Molly?), but yet we don't see any Evos being hunted down by the actual government. Instead, we have a bunch of crooked police, and btw, we do know that they are at least crooked since they did hold that woman hostage, outside of their own police precinct building (which kind of told me that they were working "off the books"), but yet if they were actually being sought by the government wouldn't the police be a bit more open about it?

These aren't my only complaints about this storyline (also I find the whole brother taking the mantle of Oscar to be flat). I guess I just don't like it. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Seems Miko really is a digital creation of her father's, which would explain a lot. Hopefully they'll give NuRen powers as it's doubtful she has any beyond the fighting and going back and forth between Nevermore and the real world. Maybe go traditional with a tank/healer combo. 

Molly is an idiot, she only had to stick with Noah for a few hours. Whatever the big mystery is it's unlikely to be worth being made into a people finder app.

Epic probably can find normal humans too but they're using evo spotter aspect as their big selling point.

As Tommy was once Primetech's prisoner my guess is the Penny Man and his group smuggled him out. I can't see the Company releasing a useful teleporter like him willingly.  

• Love 2

HRG must have done something really bad that he can't remember if Molly wouldn't stick with him for a little. The enemy of my enemy is  my friend kind of thing. 

Or possibly the above posters were right and she was with Matt and Mohinder too long.

I too feel like nothing happened. I still think there are too many characters, I wish they were introduced more gradually to propel the plot forward. Except Noah, I'm not invested in any character. Everything feels like it's spread too thin.

• Love 2

Talk about lazy, they took the 'Like a Good Neighbor' power and gave it to a geeky teen... but for some reason he doesn't have to sing the jingle in order to teleport things/himself. Like a good neighbor I'm at the party, with cases of beer!! *poof*

"Can I get a hot tub???"

• Love 4

I too feel like nothing happened. I still think there are too many characters, I wish they were introduced more gradually to propel the plot forward. Except Noah, I'm not invested in any character. Everything feels like it's spread too thin.

Exactly, this show should only focus on the relevant storylines instead of trying to jump back and forth between so many storylines, some of which still feel disconnected.

• Love 2

Exactly, this show should only focus on the relevant storylines instead of trying to jump back and forth between so many storylines, some of which still feel disconnected

They were never able to do that the first time around, so this isn't looking good.

• Love 4

They were never able to do that the first time around, so this isn't looking good.

Exactly, especially since they had plenty of time to try and fix those problems.

Exactly, especially since they had plenty of time to try and fix those problems.

I don't think they see it as a problem. The stories they want to tell are of multiple, disparate threads, initially scattered around the world, where part of the fun and excitement is seeing how they come together and connect at the end. Personally, I enjoy it.

• Love 2