Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Upcoming Guests

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm getting a bunch of changes for all the NY-based talk shows today, most likely due to the weather. Here are the latest Colbert updates:

Monday, Jan. 25                  Secretary Donald Rumsfeld; Oklahoma City Thunder Point Guard Russell Westbrook; musical performance by Jackson Browne

Tuesday, Jan. 26                 Laurence Fishburne; Senior Vice President, Provost of Science and Curator of Paleontology for the American Museum of Natural History Michael Novacek; musical performance by Lake Street Dive

Wednesday, Jan. 27            Chris Pine; Actress Danielle Brooks; Columbia University student Jonah Reider; musical performance by Baauer

Thursday, Jan. 28               Josh Brolin; John Dickerson, host of CBS News’s “Face The Nation”; Environmental Activist Erin Brockovich; musical performance by Aubrie Sellers

Edited by trow125

Samantha Bee!!!!

Monday, Feb. 1                   John Travolta and Courtney B. Vance; Author Amy Cuddy; musical performance by John Moreland

Tuesday, Feb. 2                   David Schwimmer; Pastor Joel Osteen; musical performance by M.Ward

Wednesday, Feb. 3              Dr. Phil; Creators of “Togetherness” Mark and Jay Duplass; Author Michael Eric Dyson; musical performance by Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals

Thursday, Feb. 4                 Michael Strahan; Samantha Bee; musical performance by Wilco

• Love 1

Are they dark the week of the 8th? Just wondering if we'll get any Mardi Gras-themed stuff. Hope so, with Jon there. Actually what I want is for Jon to lead the audience in a second line down Broadway, but not holding my breath :).

Looks like tonight is a rerun, so there would be no guests. Not sure about next Friday.

Friday Feb. 5 would be 2 days before their Super Bowl show, so I imagine they would get a day off to make up for it. 

I'd think they would be live for Mardi Gras, since February is Sweeps Month?

Friday Feb. 5 would be 2 days before their Super Bowl show, so I imagine they would get a day off to make up for it. 

I'd think they would be live for Mardi Gras, since February is Sweeps Month?

Tickets site shows two taping times for February 4th; 3:30 and 6:45.

I suspect there will be a few references to Stephen's former character on Feb. 8, when Papa Bear will be in the house!

Monday, Feb. 8                   Bill O’Reilly; Former NFL star Eddie George; musical performance by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

Tuesday, Feb. 9                   Olivia Wilde; Christiane Amanpour; musical performance by Jon Batiste and Stay Human

Wednesday, Feb. 10            Ben Stiller; Senator Bernie Sanders; performance by Tao: Seventeen Samurai

Thursday, Feb. 11               Katie Holmes; Fred Armisen; musical performance by Ty Segall and the Muggers

Friday, Feb. 12                    Patricia Heaton; Quincy Jones; Civil Rights Activist DeRay McKesson; musical performance by Grace (OAD 1/18/16)

• Love 1

A change for Thursday, and next week's listings:

Thursday, Feb. 11               Fred Armisen; “Playboy” cover girl Sarah McDaniel; musical performance by Ty Segall and the Muggers

Friday, Feb. 12                     Patricia Heaton; Quincy Jones; Civil Rights Activist DeRay McKesson; musical performance by Grace (R 1/18/16)

Monday, Feb. 15                 Craig Ferguson; Senator Cory Booker; World Darts Champion Scott Waites

Tuesday, Feb. 16                 Eva Longoria; Abbi Jacobson & Ilana Glazer; musical performance by Lucinda Williams

Wednesday, Feb. 17            Kate Hudson; musical performance by Courtney Barnett

Thursday, Feb. 18               Actress Téa Leoni from the CBS drama series “Madam Secretary”; Amanda Peet

Friday, Feb. 19                    Chelsea Handler; Zosia Mamet; musical performance by The Lumineers

• Love 1

Newly added guests:

Wednesday, Feb. 17  -  Kate Hudson; Richard Dreyfuss; John Kasich; musical performance by Courtney Barnett

Thursday, Feb. 18  -  Téa Leoni; Amanda Peet; Triumph the Insult Comic Dog; Jeffrey Tanenhaus

This is so annoying. Why does he have these 3-sit-down-guest nights?

Seth Meyers does this occasonally, too.

Kate Hudson is a worthy guest, so is Richard Dreyfuss and John Kasich, yet they're all going to be squeezed into one show.

Same for Tea Leoni, Amanda Peet and Triumph*.

I don't get it ... the great thing about the Letterman show is that he would actually have a seemingly long conversation with his guests. Same for Jimmy Kimmel. On Kimmel's show, the second guest gets substantial treatment.

But with three guests, plus a musical guest, you can't really get in depth.

• Love 1

I don't understand how they decide which guests get 2 segments. For instance, I would have loved two segments with Craig Ferguson (I was glad he reappeared for the darts segment at the end, but I was really enjoying their conversation).

But with three guests, plus a musical guest, you can't really get in depth.

I have to agree on this, the show seems to be over-booking for whatever reason, I just hope that if they go to double taping on Thursday in order to film more taped segments (something Stephen has said in interviews that he would like to be able to do) that they will get out of this habit.  I don't think at this point that it's necessary for Stephen's ratings for him to book mega-stars in the first segment of each show so if he wants to go with more unusual guests I think the show will do all right.   

On another note, I was kind of hoping that Triumph would be scheduled for Friday; he'd make a great "Friday Night Fights" contestant.

Edited by roseha

Monday, Feb. 22                 Casey Affleck; Richard Dreyfuss; interview with and musical performance by Mavis Staples

Tuesday, Feb. 23                 Debra Messing; Zachary Quinto; musical performance by Violent Femmes

Monday, Feb. 22                 Casey Affleck; Richard Dreyfuss; interview with and musical performance by Mavis Staples

Tuesday, Feb. 23                 Debra Messing; Zachary Quinto; musical performance by Violent Femmes

A few weeks ago, Casey Affleck was the lead guest on Kimmel, followed by Vanessa Hudgens.

And I was thinking to myself, "why is Casey Affleck the No. 1 guest? Is he that big a star?"

Yes, he's Ben Affleck's brother, but his TV show (HBO's Lewis & Clark) just got essentially canceled mid-filming,. And Hudgens, who was about to do Grease Live seemed more relevant/interesting. (Kimmel actually showed footage that Casey Affleck shot of him talking to audience members in front of the studio who had no idea who he was.)

Now I see he's going to be the lead guest on Colbert. Granted, Oscar-winner Richard Dreyfuss is old and no longer a big Hollywood movie star. But I would think he'd at least be ahead of Casey Affleck.

Edited by nowandlater

Wednesday, Feb. 24            Adrien Brody; Actress Danai Gurira from “The Walking Dead”; Physicist Brian Greene

Thursday, Feb. 25               Tim Daly from the CBS drama series “Madam Secretary”; Krysten Ritter; musical performance by Jason Isbell

Friday, Feb. 26                    Bobby Cannavale; Advertising executive Donny Deutsch; musical performance by Charles Kelley (OAD: 2/5/16)

Monday, Feb. 29                 Director Spike Jonze; Jeffrey Dean Morgan from the CBS drama series “The Good Wife”; musical performance by Jack Garratt

Tuesday, March 1               Christina Hendricks; Chrissy Teigen; Adam Savage of “MythBusters”

• Love 1

A few small changes/additions:

Thursday, Feb. 25               Tim Daly from the CBS drama series “Madam Secretary”; Singer-songwriter Graham Nash; musical performance by Jason Isbell

Friday, Feb. 26                      Bobby Cannavale; Advertising executive Donny Deutsch; musical performance by Charles Kelley (OAD: 2/5/16)

Monday, Feb. 29                   Director Spike Jonze; Jeffrey Dean Morgan from the CBS drama series “The Good Wife”; musical performance by Jack Garratt

Tuesday, March 1                 Christina Hendricks; Chrissy Teigen; Adam Savage of “MythBusters”

Wednesday, March 2          Octavia Spencer; The cast of “Fuller House”: John Stamos, Bob Saget and Dave Coulier; musical performance by Lucius

• Love 1

Thursday, March 3             Christopher Meloni; Actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead; Medal of Honor Recipient Edward Byers; musical performance by Ray Lamontagne

Friday, March 4                  Téa Leoni; Amanda Peet; Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog (OAD: 2/18/16)

Monday, March 7               Will Arnett; Charles Barkley; Actor Max Greenfield; musical performance by Esperanza Spalding

Tuesday, March 8               Hellen Mirren; J.J. Abrams; musical performance by DMA’s

• Love 1

I guess we'll finally get some Friday Night Fights next week:

Monday, March 7                   Will Arnett; Charles Barkley; Actor Max Greenfield

Tuesday, March 8                   Helen Mirren; J.J. Abrams; musical performance by DMA’S

Wednesday, March 9              Sally Field; Jerrod Carmichael; musical performance by Esperanza Spalding

Thursday, March 10           Anna Kendrick; U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch; musical performance by Brian Fallon

Friday, March 11                Jeff Daniels; Actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead; Audra McDonald

• Love 1

Monday, March 14                 John Oliver; World #1 Golfer Jordan Spieth; musical performance by New Order

Tuesday, March 15                 Steve Martin & Edie Brickell; Shirley MacLaine; interview with Los Angeles Philharmonic conductor Gustavo Dudamel and performance with orchestra

Wednesday, March 16 Theo James; Actor Jussie Smollett; Performance artist Laurie Anderson

Thursday, March 17           William H. Macy; Melissa Rauch from the CBS comedy series “The Big Bang Theory”; Isaac Mizrahi

Friday, March 18                Helen Mirren; J.J. Abrams; musical performance by DMA’S (OAD: 3/8/16)

Monday, March 21             Chelsea Handler; Zosia Mamet; musical performance by The Lumineers (OAD: 2/19/16)

Tuesday, March 22             Ben Stiller; Senator Bernie Sanders; performance by Drum TAO (OAD: 2/10/16)

Wednesday, March 23        Will Arnett; Charles Barkley; Max Greenfield (OAD: 3/7/16)

Thursday, March 24           Olivia Munn; T.J. Miller; musical performance by Father John Misty (OAD: 1/14/16)

Friday, March 25                Chrissy Teigen; Comedian Mike Birbiglia; Adam Savage of “MythBusters” (OAD: 3/1/16)

• Love 1

Monday, March 28                 Tom Hiddleston; Laura Benanti from the CBS drama series “Supergirl”; musical performance by Frightened Rabbit

Tuesday, March 29                 Adam Driver; Rachel Bloom; musical performance by Savages

Wednesday, March 30        Eric Stonestreet; Jason Jones; musical performance by The Flaming Lips

Thursday, March 31           Sarah Paulson; Tatiana Maslany; Interview with and musical performance by Wynton Marsalis, Lil Buck and Jared Grimes

Friday, April 1                     Steve Buscemi; Actor Benjamin Walker; performance by the cast of Broadway’s “American Psycho”

• Love 1

Wednesday, March 30        Eric Stonestreet; Jason Jones; Sen. Elizabeth Warren (new guest)

Monday, April 4                  Matthew Perry from the CBS comedy series “The Odd Couple”; Nick Offerman; musical performance by Explosions In The Sky

Tuesday, April 5                  Melissa McCarthy & Ben Falcone; Arianna Huffington; The Property Brothers; musical performance by Baby Metal

Wednesday, April 6            Anna Kendrick & Sam Rockwell; David Duchovny; musical performance by Autolux

Thursday, April 7               Mindy Kaling; Tituss Burgess; Filmmaker Ken Burns

Reruns again already?

Friday, April 8                     John Oliver; World #1 Golfer Jordan Spieth; musical performance by New Order (OAD: 3/14/16)

Monday, April 11                Steve Martin & Edie Brickell; Shirley MacLaine; interview with Los Angeles Philharmonic conductor Gustavo Dudamel and performance with orchestra (OAD: 3/15/16)

Tuesday, April 12                Tom Hiddleston; Laura Benanti from the CBS drama series “Supergirl”; musical performance by Frightened Rabbit (OAD: 3/28/16)

Wednesday, April 13          Sally Field; Jerrod Carmichael; musical performance by Esperanza Spalding (OAD: 3/9/16)

Thursday, April 14             Michael Strahan; Samantha Bee; musical performance by Wilco (OAD: 2/4/16)

(edited)

Reruns again already?

Friday, April 8 John Oliver; World #1 Golfer Jordan Spieth; musical performance by New Order (OAD: 3/14/16)

Monday, April 11 Steve Martin & Edie Brickell; Shirley MacLaine; interview with Los Angeles Philharmonic conductor Gustavo Dudamel and performance with orchestra (OAD: 3/15/16)

Tuesday, April 12 Tom Hiddleston; Laura Benanti from the CBS drama series “Supergirl”; musical performance by Frightened Rabbit (OAD: 3/28/16)

Wednesday, April 13 Sally Field; Jerrod Carmichael; musical performance by Esperanza Spalding (OAD: 3/9/16)

Thursday, April 14 Michael Strahan; Samantha Bee; musical performance by Wilco (OAD: 2/4/16)

If he has kids in school, they may just now be starting Spring Break, though I know it seems late in the year for that. The school system I attended while growing up, in Northeast Indiana, is just taking their Spring Break this week.

Edited by BW Manilowe

Reruns again already?

Friday, April 8 John Oliver; World #1 Golfer Jordan Spieth; musical performance by New Order (OAD: 3/14/16)

Monday, April 11 Steve Martin & Edie Brickell; Shirley MacLaine; interview with Los Angeles Philharmonic conductor Gustavo Dudamel and performance with orchestra (OAD: 3/15/16)

Tuesday, April 12 Tom Hiddleston; Laura Benanti from the CBS drama series “Supergirl”; musical performance by Frightened Rabbit (OAD: 3/28/16)

Wednesday, April 13 Sally Field; Jerrod Carmichael; musical performance by Esperanza Spalding (OAD: 3/9/16)

Thursday, April 14 Michael Strahan; Samantha Bee; musical performance by Wilco (OAD: 2/4/16)

I would guess it's a working week off to prepare for May sweep. Iirc, they did something similar in Jan to prepare for the Super Bowl + February sweeps. Stephen was pretty clear that the week off for Easter was a true vacation week.

Monday, April 18                Hillary Clinton; Jesse Tyler Ferguson; Katherine McPhee from the CBS drama series “Scorpion”; musical performance by Sturgill Simpson; Wayne Shorter sitting in with Jon Batiste and Stay Human

Tuesday, April 19                Kevin Spacey; Actor Thomas Middleditch; musical performance by The Flaming Lips; Arturo Sandoval sitting in with Jon Batiste and Stay Human

Wednesday, April 20          Actor Matt Walsh; musical performance by Charles Bradley; Tootie & Jimmy Heath sitting in with Jon Batiste and Stay Human

Thursday, April 21             Tom Hanks; Leslie Odom Jr.; musical performance by The Strumbellas; Roy Haynes sitting in with Jon Batiste and Stay Human

Friday, April 22                   Julia Louis-Dreyfus; Nikolaj Coster-Waldau; Comedian Sam Morril

• Love 1

Monday, April 25                Michelle Williams; Viceland’s Eddie Huang; musical performance by Bob Mould

Tuesday, April 26                J.K. Simmons; Jane Krakowski; Chris Wallace

• Love 1

Wednesday, April 27          Susan Sarandon; Actor David Tennant; musical performance by Catfish and The Bottlemen

Thursday, April 28             The cast of the CBS drama series “The Good Wife”: Julianna Margulies, Christine Baranski and Matt Czuchry; Hank Azaria; Anderson Cooper

Friday, April 29                   Mark Feuerstein; musical performance by Gwen Stefani

Wednesday, May 4                 Anthony Mackie; Rob Reiner; musical performance by Maxwell
Thursday, May 5                 Judge Judy; Designer Zac Posen; W. Kamau Bell
Friday, May 6                         Lily Tomlin; Actor Kumail Nanjiani; performance by stand-up comedian Ryan Hamilton
Monday, May 9                   Kaley Cuoco from the CBS comedy series “The Big Bang Theory”; musical performance by The National
Tuesday, May 10                 Chloë Moretz; Katie Couric; Physicist Brian Greene
Wednesday, May 11            Kate Beckinsale; B.J. Novak; performance by juggler Alexander Koblikov
Thursday, May 12               Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe; musical performance by Animal Collective

• Love 1

A few updates to next week:

Monday, May 9                   Kaley Cuoco from the CBS comedy series “The Big Bang Theory”; Author & Podcast host Dan Savage; musical performance by The National
Tuesday, May 10                 Chloë Grace Moretz; Katie Couric; Radio Personality Charlamagne Tha God
Wednesday, May 11            Kate Beckinsale; B.J. Novak; musical performance by Desiigner
Thursday, May 12               Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe; Actress Jessie Mueller; musical performance by Animal Collective
Friday, May 13                    Matt Bomer; Zach Woods; stand-up comedy performance by Nick Griffin

• Love 1

Monday, May 23                 Emilia Clarke; Shiri Appleby; musical performance by Cynthia Erivo
Tuesday, May 24                 Sean Hayes; Brooklyn Decker; Lewis Black
Wednesday, May 25            James McAvoy; Nick Swardson; Physicist Brian Greene
Thursday, May 26               Lizzy Caplan; Neil Young; Mike Epps
Friday, May 27                    Rashida Jones; musical performance by The Struts

• Love 1

Friday, May 27                    Rashida Jones; Daveed Diggs; stand-up comedy performance by Marina Franklin; musical performance by The Struts
Monday, May 30                 Anthony Anderson; Eugene Levy & Catherine O’Hara; musical performance by Coldplay (OAD: 5/17/16)
Tuesday, May 31                 Bill O’Reilly; Morris Chestnut; musical performance by Deerhunter (OAD: 5/2/16)
Wednesday, June 1             Dakota Johnson; Sebastian Stan; musical performance by Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real (OAD: 5/3/16)
Thursday, June 2                Tom Hanks; Leslie Odom Jr.; musical performance by The Strumbellas; Roy Haynes sitting in with Jon Batiste and Stay Human (OAD: 4/21/16)
Friday, June 3                     Anderson Cooper; Mark Feuerstein; musical performance by Gwen Stefani (OAD: 4/29/16)

Monday, June 6                      James Corden, host of CBS’s “The Late Late Show”; Scott Speedman; musical performance by Death Cab for Cutie
Tuesday, June 7                  Jude Law; Norman Reedus; musical performance by Hundred Waters with Skrillex featuring Chance the Rapper
Wednesday, June 8             Laura Linney; John Leguizamo; musical performance by Gary Clark Jr.; Paula Robison sitting in with Jon Batiste and Stay Human 
Thursday, June 9                Patrick Wilson; Inventor Simone Giertz
Friday, June 10                   David Duchovny; Aaron Tveit from the CBS drama series “BrainDead”; Juggler Alexander Koblikov

• Love 1

Thursday, June 9                Patrick Wilson; Gayle King, anchor of “CBS This Morning”; Libertarian Party Candidates Gov. Gary Johnson & Gov. William Weld
Friday, June 10                       David Duchovny; Aaron Tveit from the CBS drama series “BrainDead”; Juggler Alexander Koblikov
Monday, June 13                 Bill O’Reilly; Anna Chlumsky; musical performance by Aesop Rock
Tuesday, June 14                Daniel Radcliffe; George Lopez; musical performance by HINDS

Thursday, June 16              Demi Lovato & Nick Jonas; Amy Ryan; musical performance by Nick Jonas
Friday, June 17                       Aaron Paul; Michael Ian Black; musical performance by Silversun Pickups
Monday, June 20                 Alexander Skarsgård; Natasha Leggero; musical performance by Ziggy Marley
Tuesday, June 21                Aubrey Plaza; Hugh Dancy; Andrew Zimmern
Wednesday, June 22           Uzo Aduba; musical performance by Adia Victoria
Thursday, June 23              Paul Dano; RuPaul; musical performance by Rascal Flatts
Friday, June 24                   Kevin Hart; Taylor Schilling; 2 Chainz

• Love 1

Wednesday, June 22           Uzo Aduba; Neil DeGrasse Tyson; musical performance by Adia Victoria
Thursday, June 23              Senator Bernie Sanders; Paul Dano; musical performance by Rascal Flatts
Friday, June 24                   Kevin Hart; Taylor Schilling; RuPaul
Monday, June 27                 NBA Champion Kevin Love; Jenny Slate; musical performance by Dierks Bentley
Tuesday, June 28                Tom Brokaw; Sarah & Erin Foster; musical performance by Bibi Bourelly
Wednesday, June 29           Samuel L. Jackson; Julie Klausner; musical performance by ScHoolboy Q
Thursday, June 30              Ellie Kemper; Patrick Fugit; musical performance by We Are Scientists
Friday, July 1                      Zachary Quinto; Natasha Lyonne

• Love 1

Friday, July 1                      Zachary Quinto; Natasha Lyonne; 2 Chainz
Monday, July 4                    Emilia Clarke; Shiri Appleby; musical performance by Cynthia Erivo (OAD: 5/23/16)
Tuesday, July 5                   Daniel Radcliffe; George Lopez; musical performance by HINDS (OAD: 6/14/16)
Wednesday, July 6              Liam Hemsworth; Ana Gasteyer; stand-up comedy performance by Paul Mecurio (OAD: 6/15/16)
Thursday, July 7                 Seth Rogen; Krysten Ritter; musical performance by Wolf Parade (OAD: 5/20/16)
Friday, July 8                      Rose Byrne; Bobby Flay; interview with and musical performance by “Weird Al” Yankovic (OAD: 5/19/16)
Monday, July 11                  Brian Cranston; Busy Phillips; musical performance by Young Greatness
Tuesday, July 12                 Nicholas Hoult; John Turturro; Bret Baier
Wednesday, July 13            Benjamin Bratt; Rob Corddry; musical performance by The Shelters
Thursday, July 14               Bill Maher; Michael K. Williams; musical performance by Parquet Courts

(edited)

THE LATE SHOW will air live Monday, July 18 through Thursday, July 21 (11:35 PM, live ET/taped PT), during the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Then, Colbert will return with another run of live shows Monday, July 25 through Thursday, July 28 (11:35 PM, live ET/taped PT), during the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

RNC Shows: Monday, July 18 – Thursday, July 21
The 2016 Trumpublican Donational Coventrump
Starring Donald Trump as the Republican Party*
*May Contain Traces of Republican

Monday, July 18 Jon Stewart; Actress Zoe Saldana; Actress Jennifer Saunders; Author Ron Suskind
Tuesday, July 19 Comedian Keegan-Michael Key; musical performance by Jenny Lewis and NAF
Wednesday, July 20 Actor Tony Goldwyn; Actress Kathryn Hahn; Comedian Lewis Black
Thursday, July 21 Senator Elizabeth Warren; Comedian Billy Eichner; musical performance by Neko Case, k.d. lang and Laura Veirs

DNC Shows: Monday, July 25 – Thursday, July 28
The 2016 Democratic National Convincing
A Technically Historic Event: Death. Taxes. Hillary.

Monday, July 25 Actress Allison Janney, from the CBS comedy series MOM; Former U.S. Congressman Anthony Weiner; musical performance by Ryan Adams
Tuesday, July 26 Actor Jeff Daniels; Comedian Bassem Youssef; musical performance by Aurora
Wednesday, July 27 Comedian John Oliver; Actor Jai Courtney; Radio personality Charlamagne Tha God
Thursday, July 28 Presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin; Comedian Eric Andre

Edited by trow125
Edited to add Jon Stewart on Monday
7 hours ago, trow125 said:

hursday, July 21 Senator Elizabeth Warren; Comedian Billy Eichner; musical performance by Neko Case, k.d. lang and Laura Veirs

Looking forward to this musical performance - the case/lang/veirs CD is exquisite.