Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: My Dearest Emile...

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The yacht is left a mess following a whipped-cream bikini party. Meanwhile, Eddie's long-distance relationship hits rough waters; the charter guests are former sorority sisters who relive their college antics; and Emile receives a discouraging letter.

Emile just does not get it. Eddie needs to get it together. Leon needs to get over it.

I would not eat anything Rocky made. She is so scatterbrained. I imagine her cooking is like Rachel's trifle from Friends. A layer of cream, a layer of beef...

I guess the sorority girls haven't partied very much since their college days...

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 6

At over $20000 a night (even if these people are paying less because of filming) if a guest wants sliders and cheese brownies, you make it.  And Leon, your service affects yours and everyone's tip.  Leon seems to be a one trick pony with his culinary skills.

• Like 1
  • Love 17

At over $20000 a night (even if these people are paying less because of filming) if a guest wants sliders and cheese brownies, you make it.  And Leon, your service affects yours and everyone's tip.  Leon seems to be a one trick pony with his culinary skills.

Leon is an annoyingly egotistical person who thinks he knows more what people "should" eat, rather than what they want.  

I'm getting the feeling that Leon was not a head chef on the QE2 or anywhere else - he may have been a sous chef, or chef's assistant.  

I cannot believe that he said he shut the oven down, so he wasn't going to cook anymore.  Glad that he finally did, but he didn't seem prepared for it, or happy about it.  I wonder what would have happened if there are guests that stay up late partying and decide at 2:00 am they want some bacon and eggs or other after-party type foods....would he not serve them?  

• Love 10

At over $20000 a night (even if these people are paying less because of filming) if a guest wants sliders and cheese brownies, you make it.

And to his credit, he did it.  He himself even acknowledged directly that at the end of the day, it's all about what the guests want.  

I don't really have much of a problem with Leon.  It must be extremely annoying to have to work with someone who keeps waiting for you to fail.  And one who you've caught talking shit behind your back.  There's been little to no complaints from the people whose opinion really matters about the quality or service of his food, so Kate needs to shut it.  She's annoying with her constant belittling of his food all the while the guests are usually raving.  For example, while Kate is serving the gazpacho, the guests can be heard saying that they love it and then there's Kate in her talking head bashing Leon for gazpacho being lazy.  At least he keeps his nasty attitude confined to the person who has been just as nasty with him.   Someone mentioned earlier that no one else on the crew seems to have a problem with him other than Kate.  Amy complains, but it's nothing personal with her.  I thought he would have had a fit with flighty Rocky in the kitchen at the same time as him cooking crew dinner (or trying to), but he seemed to take it in stride, and the conversation with Eddie was fine.  I did notice how Eddie commented on Kate's behavior and how she likes to poke at people to get a reaction.  Leon needs to stop reacting to her and her desire to see him fail and she'll back off and find a new target.  And didn't Emile come to his defense before during one of Kate's Leon bash sessions.

I find Kate to be much more condescending and rude.  But, like Leon, at the end of the day, she gets the job done with regards to the guests.  Neither of them are really any better or worse than the other.  Kate really needs to stop looking down her nose at the guests though.  Her line about "not having to buy friends" when she heard that the women were sorority sisters was rude and nasty.  She's always been like that about the guests.  If she thinks she's so above a certain type of guest, she should find other work.  She's trying too hard to be funny and clever this season.  It's not natural.  She's always "on."  Especially in the talking heads.  Also, she's so quick to judge Leon for her faults, but just sits back and watches Rocky and Connie's drunken escapades on the deck.  Isn't Rocky under her jurisdiction?  Or does she only care about finding fault with Leon?

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 18

I loved the way Kate handled Leon's "No.  I already turned the oven off."  with "Okay, turn it back on, and they also would like some brownies."  She's so smooth.

The fact that he had a box of the exact kind of brownies they wanted (was it cheesecake brownies?  Cream cheese brownies?) means it was on their manifest and that he should have expected they would ask for them at some point.  Sliders are not that big of a deal, but the fact that they were already asking for them immediately after eating dinner means he didn't provide enough food to satisfy them.  I don't normally eat an entire meal and say, "Mmmm, that was good, I'm pretty full now... I could really go for some sliders!"  His first concern should have been, "They're still hungry?  Oh no, maybe I should have made larger portions", instead of "They want more food?  Tough shit, I've already turned a knob on the oven and I'm not about to do THAT again!"

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 17

Oh for crying out loud...please bring back Ben...he was picky but at least he was funny....I just cannot with Leon.

I also feel that if I am paying over 100k for a few days...I want food that I like ...I despise anything that comes from the water....so it'd be no fish. But that would be my call because i'd be paying a small fortune. Leon is so dry.

• Love 8

I can give Leon a pass on not liking Kate, but throwing little hissyfits as if every request from the guests is a personal affront from her is unprofessional. That said, he did seem to pull it together enough to actually cook what they wanted, so the guests were oblivious to the galley drama.

I was pretty surprised by Connie leaving all her clothes behind and whipped cream smeared all over the deck. Though Eddie holding up her bra with a stunned look exclaiming "what the fuck happened out here?!?" has got to be the funniest moment in the show's history so far.

I don't understand how chicken could be raw when we saw timestamps indicating Rocky had it in the oven for over an hour. Even at 250° it should be safely cooked after simmering in pieces for that long, shouldn't it?

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 6

And to his credit, he did it.  He himself even acknowledged directly that at the end of the day, it's all about what the guests want.  

I don't really have much of a problem with Leon.  It must be extremely annoying to have to work with someone who keeps waiting for you to fail.  And one who you've caught talking shit behind your back.  There's been little to no complaints from the people whose opinion really matters about the quality or service of his food, so Kate needs to shut it.  She's annoying with her constant belittling of his food all the while the guests are usually raving.  For example, while Kate is serving the gazpacho, the guests can be heard saying that they love it and then there's Kate in her talking head bashing Leon for gazpacho being lazy.  At least he keeps his nasty attitude confined to the person who has been just as nasty with him.   Someone mentioned earlier that no one else on the crew seems to have a problem with him other than Kate.  Amy complains, but it's nothing personal with her.  I thought he would have had a fit with flighty Rocky in the kitchen at the same time as him cooking crew dinner (or trying to), but he seemed to take it in stride, and the conversation with Eddie was fine.  I did notice how Eddie commented on Kate's behavior and how she likes to poke at people to get a reaction.  Leon needs to stop reacting to her and her desire to see him fail and she'll back off and find a new target.  And didn't Emile come to his defense before during one of Kate's Leon bash sessions.

I find Kate to be much more condescending and rude.  But, like Leon, at the end of the day, she gets the job done with regards to the guests.  Neither of them are really any better or worse than the other.  Kate really needs to stop looking down her nose at the guests though.  Her line about "not having to buy friends" when she heard that the women were sorority sisters was rude and nasty.  She's always been like that about the guests.  If she thinks she's so above a certain type of guest, she should find other work.  She's trying too hard to be funny and clever this season.  It's not natural.  She's always "on."  Especially in the talking heads.  Also, she's so quick to judge Leon for her faults, but just sits back and watches Rocky and Connie's drunken escapades on the deck.  Isn't Rocky under her jurisdiction?  Or does she only care about finding fault with Leon?

I wouldn't say 'to his credit'.  It's his job.

• Love 8

I don't understand how chicken could be raw when we saw timestamps indicating Rocky had it in the oven for over an hour. Even at 250° it should be safely cooked after simmering in pieces for that long, shouldn't it?

IIRC, the chicken looked as though it was pretty crowded in that oven dish.  It would take longer that way, especially for the pieces in the center.

• Love 2

Leon is an annoyingly egotistical person who thinks he knows more what people "should" eat, rather than what they want.  

Ben was exactly the same. Even worse because he made the guests wait for hours for their dinner until he was damn good and ready to serve it, despite the guests asking for a specific dinner time. Let's not forget all of his drama last season. I'm not looking forward to Ben coming back. 

• Love 18

I loved the way Kate handled Leon's "No.  I already turned the oven off."  with "Okay, turn it back on, and they also would like some brownies."  She's so smooth.

The fact that he had a box of the exact kind of brownies they wanted (was it cheesecake brownies?  Cream cheese brownies?) means it was on their manifest and that he should have expected they would ask for them at some point.  Sliders are not that big of a deal, but the fact that they were already asking for them immediately after eating dinner means he didn't provide enough food to satisfy them.  I don't normally eat an entire meal and say, "Mmmm, that was good, I'm pretty full now... I could really go for some sliders!"  His first concern should have been, "They're still hungry?  Oh no, maybe I should have made larger portions", instead of "They want more food?  Tough shit, I've already turned a knob on the oven and I'm not about to do THAT again!"

OMG all of this times a thousand.  The best quote of the night was when Kate handed Leon his ass without skipping a beat and told him to turn that oven right back on.  I laughed out loud.  Also, cream cheese brownies are easy to make - its sort of a "dump and pour" recipe type thing.  I love to cook and am not a chef by any means but Google that shit and make the damned brownies.

The charter guests were so chill and low maintenance.  Brownies and mini cheeseburgers?  A no brainer.  It wasn't like the guests were asking for some complicated, delicate dishes.  Handle business Leon!  *Glancing at my watch now*  When is Leon leaving again?

I was dipping in and out of tonight's episode so I haven't caught all of it, but damn you, Bravo editing monkeys, how did I just KNOW that no crew member was being sent home tonight! 

I can give Leon a pass on not liking Kate, but throwing little hissyfits as if every request from the guests is a personal affront from her is unprofessional. That said, he did seem to pull it together enough to actually cook what they wanted, so the guests were oblivious to the galley drama.

I was pretty surprised by Connie leaving all her clothes behind and whipped cream smeared all over the deck. Though Eddie holding up her bra with a stunned look exclaiming "what the fuck happened out here?!?" has got to be the funniest moment in the show's history so far.

RE:  Rocky's chicken:  I didn't see that part of tonight's episode but it does depend on the thickness of the chicken pieces and no, IMHO, 250 degrees is kind of just keeping already cooked items warm...  I think it would take way more than an hour to cook protein @ 250 degrees.  Hee/

Edited by beesknees

I wouldn't say 'to his credit'. It's his job.

Right. He did his job. He always does his job. So what exactly is Kate's problem? He doesn't have to do his job the way SHE wants. She isn't cooking anything. She's just pissed that Leon isn't kowtowing to her orders or kissing her ass. He does his job. The end. If the guests get what they want in terms of food and Kate is the only one with a problem, then he rest is moot.

I'm also not looking forward to Ben. He's another diva who spent most of his time throwing tantrums. I still remember him freaking out because a guest dared to want a quesadilla instead of his fancy foam.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 9
Right. He did his job. He always does his job.  So what exactly is Kate's problem? He doesn't have to do his job the way SHE wants. She isn't cooking anything. She's just pissed that Leon isn't kowtowing to her orders or kissing her ass. He does his job. The end. If the guests get what they want in terms of food and Kate is the only one with a problem, then he rest is moot.

But...when she came in and told him what the guests asked for, he said no.  If Kate hadn't done her job and pushed him to do it, I guess she would have just had to make the sliders and brownies herself (which I'm sure she would have done, had he not finally calmed the hell down and just made the food, but why should she have to do his job just because he's a big baby?), or told the guests, "Sorry, the chef said he has already turned the oven off. Goodnight!"  When she told him that the guests had requested appetizer / finger foods for lunch, he said no, he had already prepared food that was not meant to be eaten that way.  She suggested several options for taking the food he made and presenting it in the way the guests preferred, he threw a fit, eventually relented, and it worked out fine.   In my opinion, a big part of doing his job means not saying no as a knee-jerk reaction when the guests make a request outside of his plan.  I can't think of any jobs I've ever had that would have allowed me to say no to something I was hired to do just because I didn't like that I was being asked to do it, and I've never worked in a luxury industry that is specifically geared toward giving high-paying clients whatever they ask for.   The time Kate alerted him that charter guests were 20 minutes away as a simple head's up that dinner plans would be decided soon, and he somehow took that to mean she had "told" him to go ahead and make their entire dinner without waiting to find out if they actually wanted to sit down and eat upon boarding after a shore excursion, he blamed her when the guests weren't ready for dinner.   He resents and tries to punish Kate for doing her job, which is to relay the guests' wishes to him.  He treats her as though she can do nothing right, and in return she feels the same way about him. 

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 19

I just think Leon is horrible.  Why is this guy constantly saying NO every damned time he's supposed to do his job and cook something.  The hell?  I couldn't imagine being at work and every time I'm asked to do the job I was hired for just going "Uh, no".  I mean, c'mon.  These charter guests are paying an astronomical amount of money to be on that yacht and if they want food every hour on the hour then Leon needs to do the job he was hired for and agreed to do.

Leon says no to cooking when he's asked to do so and then up and cooks for no reason when the charter guests aren't even on the boat or haven't mentioned wanting a meal.  I don't get it.

• Love 9

As a few of the cast mentioned in THs, I think Leon is the type of person who is not flexible when it comes to plans. If he already made food and then the guest's requests don't coincide with what he already made, he throws a fit and doesn't like to change anything. If he already turned the oven off and the guests want more food, he doesn't like having to turn it on again.

I think that could be attributed to his cruise ship background. They probably have a schedule and set menu that they stick to and they prepare the food exactly how it was planned to be prepared and if they guests don't like it, they can eat elsewhere. That's totally the opposite situation here and he's clearly not used to it.

• Love 6

Emile's turning out to be a Stage Five Clinger.  I know Rocky was leading him on and heavily flirting with him in the beginning but now she's flat out telling Emile over and over she doesn't want a sexual relationship with him.  Even after getting the kiss-off letter Emile's still not taking no for an answer.

Edited by beesknees

Kate is extremely manipulative, but she does it in a very clever way. She's getting away with "poking" Leon while appearing to be smooth and professional because he's playing right into it. She's winning the power struggle.

In addition to being inflexible, I wonder if Leon wants to minimize the time that he's working. I think he wants to work hard on a meal, with no interference, and then go back to his bunk and be left alone. Could be a yacht is too confined for him and the stress is too much for him.

What did the deckhands do that set off Captain Lee? The editing made it very hard to follow that situation.

I can't stand Eddie's victimology. It's interesting that he's had three or four arguments with his girlfriend while the cameras are rolling; he's choosing to do that (I don't buy for a minute that he doesn't know a camera is in that room where he calls his girlfriend). Plus he's mic'ed. And he's lashing out at the crew because he's unhappy and trying to blame them for everything that goes wrong. Connie said he's been MIA (missing in action).

Emile's probably upset that Rocky is "disrespecting" him on television, and he thinks if he keeps pushing she'll cave in and he'll look like a Lothario.

• Love 1

I agree with this.  Kate wants Leon to fail because SHE doesn't like him.  The woman needs to grow up, I mean she IS over forty; sometimes you have to work with people you don't like.  

I think Kate hates Leon because he doesn't kiss her ass; doesn't bow down to the almighty Kate, whose shit doesn't stink, probably because of too much botox/fillers.  

Those guests were so tacky.  If I was on a fancy yacht, I'd want to eat stuff I don't normally eat.  Sliders?  Please, stay your ass home and eat White Castle if that's the case.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I agree with this.  Kate wants Leon to fail because SHE doesn't like him.  The woman needs to grow up, I mean she IS over forty; sometimes you have to work with people you don't like.  

I think Kate hates Leon because he doesn't kiss her ass; doesn't bow down to the almighty Kate, whose shit doesn't stink, probably because of too much botox/fillers.  

Those guests were so tacky.  If I was on a fancy yacht, I'd want to eat stuff I don't normally eat.  Sliders?  Please, stay your ass home and eat White Castle if that's the case.

Maybe sliders and brownies are things they don't normally eat and since they are on vacation they wanted to splurge and eat junk foods they don't usually allow themselves to eat.  That's what I do when I'm on vacation.  I don't care if they requested chips and dip and Cap'n Crunch.  They are paying quests and Leon needs to prepare for them what they want.  He's an asshole.  I don't blame Kate for not liking him.  He's been extremely difficult to work with making Kate's job much harder.  Not only does she have to cater to the quests but also to Leon.  It's not fair to her.

• Love 20

Those guests were so tacky.  If I was on a fancy yacht, I'd want to eat stuff I don't normally eat.  Sliders?  Please, stay your ass home and eat White Castle if that's the case.

If I'm paying $$ like they do (even at the discount) I'd want to eat whatever I wanted to eat.  Because I was paying for it.  If I don't want fancy food, I don't want you to make me fancy food.

I would think that it's because Kate is being a control freak about things, if it wasn't for every question she asks him being met with a shitty response.  Because she does like to push people in ways that aren't flattering. But he either ignores her or snarks at her when she asks about the food that she's serving,  If you can't get over yourself for a short period of high paying time, you aren't meant for this style of job.

Thank goodness Connie (as limited as we've seen her - until all of a sudden everyone's seeing all of her) is on the deck crew, because between Emile and new dude, there seems to be a real lack of effort.

I just need Rocky to be quiet the rest of the season.  She's such a roller coaster that I can't deal with Rocky-centric stuff.

• Love 7

Poor Emile - can we just fix him now?  

I don't know if I like him, but on the other hand, I did feel badly for him.  He just can't seem to understand that after Rocky jumping into his bunk and spooning with him, and then, Rocky sending him all kinds of signals and overtly flirting with him, she just isn't interested.

He doesn't see that she is a tease, and needs attention from all sides, and that she gets bored quickly.  

He is looking pretty desperate there, and it's unflattering and embarrassing.  

As Rocky said, he is young.  She should have known not to mess with someone young and impressionable.  IMO, she's a bitch who played him.

• Love 6

I suspect that Leon also has trouble taking anything resembling an "order" from a woman.  Just a feeling.

Just as I am unwilling to label Kate as a racist based on her interactions with Leon, nor am I willing to label Leon a sexist for the same.

• Love 10

I guess I may have missed it, but what was Jacob's connection. Gay brother/friend?

I assumed he was a relative of one of the primaries, but given they made sure to show him paying a LOT of attention when Emile was out shirtlessly retrieving the jet ski I think we can take the gay as a given either way.

I was surprised by Connie's comment that Eddie has been MIA, as I'd thought he was merely being distracted rather than actually checking out of his job. But unlike the guys she doesn't strike me as needing her hand held for every task, so for her to say that he must really be pulling a disappearing act. (And the multiple clips of him sitting and checking his phone may not just be editing monkeys trying to generate more drama—does he have a live baby monitor on Cheater!Amy to follow her every move?)

The awesomeness prize for this episode goes to the primary's mom, who hopped on that jetski like a pro and left Dane eating her wake.

• Love 4

Poor Emile - can we just fix him now?  

I don't know if I like him, but on the other hand, I did feel badly for him.  He just can't seem to understand that after Rocky jumping into his bunk and spooning with him, and then, Rocky sending him all kinds of signals and overtly flirting with him, she just isn't interested.

He doesn't see that she is a tease, and needs attention from all sides, and that she gets bored quickly.  

He is looking pretty desperate there, and it's unflattering and embarrassing.  

As Rocky said, he is young.  She should have known not to mess with someone young and impressionable.  IMO, she's a bitch who played him.

I wouldn't say she is a bitch, but definitely a tease who sent him mixed signals.  

Emile is not attractive to me; he is too "pretty."   I like a guy who looks more like a man.  (Plus, I'm waaayyyy older than him, but even as a young girl, I did not go for the "pretty" like Donnie Osmond was back then.  Too girlie.)    He does seem like he is used to having the girls flock to him, though.

• Love 4

I knew Rocky's meat was going to be uncooked. It looked raw when she pulled it out of the oven. I thought the letter to Emile was cruel. I get that she was implicitly telling him that she was no longer interested, but I mean, at their ages, you should be able to talk it out. Rocky gossiping to the other crew mates and writing that note was low. I don't know if I agree that she was sending mixed signals. At times, she honestly looked like Emile grossed her out and it seemed her body language was closed off to him, showing she no longer wanted a relationship with him. On another point, Emile, it's not cute to tell a woman that you last long in the bedroom. It's immature and weird. This is probably a good enough reason not to pursue a relationship with another crew member. Once it gets awkward, it gets really awkward and you can't leave the ship to get alone time.

IDC, I still like Leon. He does make meals that the guests love and I don't care if he bitches a bit while doing it. He delivered on what was asked of him and the guests seemed to enjoy the meals. I do think it's interesting that the guests are not typically asked what they want for meals...I figured charter guests were presented with a menu proposal and changes could be made accordingly on the day of the arrival.

Ugh@ Ben returning. He seems like such a doofus to me.

Anyone else cringe at Eddie being shown with his cell phone multiple times this episode? I think Emile and the new guy are a little sloppy, but I also have no doubt that Eddie has been slacking on his supervisory duties. When he snapped on Emile riding the jet ski back to the boat topless, I felt like that was uncalled for. He probably didn't want to get his shirt wet. I don't think Emile was trying to show off for the guests. I'm not sold on Eddie. I actually am starting to think that he's quite annoying.

• Love 4

I suspect that Leon also has trouble taking anything resembling an "order" from a woman.  Just a feeling.

Yeah, I got that vibe as well the 1st time Leon was on camera with Kate in their shared living quarters.  You know, five blinks after he met her and started placing his order/requirement for 2 pillows on his bed, not one!, requesting Kate squeegee down the shower after taking one.  You know, that kind of stuff ...  JMO but Leon comes off as the kind of guy that thinks women should be subservient or are somehow "beneath" him.

I wouldn't say she is a bitch, but definitely a tease who sent him mixed signals.  

Emile is not attractive to me; he is too "pretty."   I like a guy who looks more like a man.  (Plus, I'm waaayyyy older than him, but even as a young girl, I did not go for the "pretty" like Donnie Osmond was back then.  Too girlie.)    He does seem like he is used to having the girls flock to him, though.

Donnie Osmond or David Cassidy?  Weigh in ...

• Love 2

I think up until this episode most of the negative behavior in the Rocky/Emile fauxmance has been on her shoulders, but in this episode he was waving more warning signs than a Nascar flagman. He seemed completely oblivious to the fact that Rocky is now being put off by his behavior rather than just playing hard to get, and I have little sympathy for people who get so singleminded in their pursuit that they pay no attention to the words or attitude of their quarry. Also, getting drunk and needlessly belligerent looks good on no one.

• Love 4

I was also surprised that Connie said Eddie was MIA. I tend to believe Connie. Maybe the whole situation with his girlfriend is distracting Eddie.

Not sure what to think about Leon & Kate. Perhaps they're too alike? Set in their ways, controlling, a bit confrontational. Kate gets along well with Ben because he's more layed back and jokes around. Ben has his moments but I think he and Leon have completely different work styles. Idk.

I was not impressed with any of Leon's dishes. The cream cheese brownies get a D for presentation. You'd think a professional chef would do a much better job. I love cheesecake brownies and I had no desire to taste Leon's.

I thought Eddie's impression of a pissed off Rocky was great. Rocky is a drama queen but I don't hate her. She needs to quit breaking out in song, though.

Someday, Emile will look back on this and cringe.

• Love 4

Donnie Osmond or David Cassidy?  Weigh in ...

I loved David Cassidy because we shared the same birthday and I thought that meant that he would marry me when I grew up. (I was 8 at the time)  My older evil cousin loved Donny Osmond and we always fought about which one was the best future husband. 

I distinctly remember the day that I heard David Cassidy had married Kay Lenz. I was 12, and I walked into our backyard and bawled because I was never going to get to marry him. He was sooo dreamy! lol. 

Edited by citychic
  • Love 3

I loved David Cassidy because we shared the same birthday and I thought that meant that he would marry me when I grew up. (I was 8 at the time)  My older evil cousin loved Donny Osmond and we always fought about which one was the best future husband. 

Always has been, and always will be, David Cassidy. I was six years old and knew that we were destined to be married because MY name is Lori and his sister's name on the show was Laurie so I already knew my married name "Lori Partridge" was meant to be, and my last name already started with a P anyway, so it was FATE. There is nothing like six-year-old girl logic. 

30 years later -- I MET David Cassidy during a radio station meet and greet prior to a concert -- I had broken my ankle and was on crutches -- as we were being escorted to the waiting area to meet him, the person escorting us made a comment about my having to go up some steps  -- I said, "don't you worry about that -- I'll crawl up the steps to meet this man if I have to -- I've been waiting 30 years for this night." All she said was, "oh. You're one of those. . . " I just laughed.  We lined up (I was first in line b/c of the crutches) and he came out of the dressing room and we all just squealed...I truly couldn't believe I was finally getting to meet DAVID CASSIDY!!!

And because the story just isn't amusing enough with the crutches comment, a Washington Post reporter was backstage and interviewed me about 30 seconds after I met him. She asked me what was so special about him and why did I think people were so excited about David Cassidy touring . . . . and then she stuck a recorder in my face. I babbled like an idiot -- I swear I was six years old again -- best part? When they asked me to say and spell my name at the end of my "interview," I froze -- I literally had forgotten my name. Needless to say, I was quite happy to read the article that fortunately did NOT include my ramblings. I would have NEVER lived that one down! 

So, for those of you who knew you were going to marry him, sorry. He was always meant to be mine. . . . 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 7

Just as I am unwilling to label Kate as a racist based on her interactions with Leon, nor am I willing to label Leon a sexist for the same.

I guess this is more of a rhetorical question than a real one requiring an answer, but can you tell me what Kate did that could be interpreted as racist, if one were so inclined?  Unless I missed it, I can't think of any interaction that Kate has had with Leon that's indicative of racism on her part.  When he came aboard, she greeted him in a cordial, informative way, and he replied with the sorts of demands that one would make of a maid--or at least a menial subordinate.  No kindness, no friendliness, just "Get me this and do that."  So I see what looks like sexism coming from him (or at best coldness and an air of superiority), but until he froze the air between them, I didn't see anything except friendliness from her in their first interaction.

Edited for typo.

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 2

I think Kate thinks she's the hottest thing around and expected an impressed Leon when he first met her-- instead all she got was ''I'd like 2 pillows" in a curt and dismissive tone.  I think she's had it out for him ever since.

• Love 3

When Leon was complaining about making sliders I was reminded of when Amy and I think Eddie made pizzas for the guests in the middle of the night because Ben had gone to bed and the guests asked for it. They could have easily said the kitchen was closed and the chef was asleep but they didn't even hesitate and just made the pizza because they understand that keeping the guests happy is the primary job.

• Love 9

I thought Eddie's impression of a pissed off Rocky was great. Rocky is a drama queen but I don't hate her. She needs to quit breaking out in song, though.

It was funny, but while I'll agree Rocky is crazy I don't get any sense of danger from her. Not unless you eat her cooking, anyway. Emile is actually the one who's giving off bunny boiler vibes.

• Love 4

Am I crazy, or do you never cook chicken at 250 degrees?  I've always gone 350, maybe 325 at the lowest.  Where did she even get the idea to cook it at that temperature?  It's almost as if she knows a little about making some things, but not enough to really be set loose to cook for a crowd of adults.  Maybe her mom always turned the oven on for her, and patted Rocky's bobbing little head as she shoved her "creations" inside, then when Rocky left the room, she took it back out, remade the dish to be edible, then put it back in the oven to let Rocky think the end result was all hers.  They were all awfully nice about having dinner 2 1/2 hours late...I would have been seriously hangry.

• Love 6

Chef Slack Ass once again gave the guests his lazy assed menu but instead of 4 hour braised beef cheeks he went the extra mile and did 4 hour braised short ribs. Amazingly he tucked a mac and cheese casserole in along side it. And he gave them the easiest of all soups to prepare, a gazpacho, one that any 10 year old could whip and  baked chicken breasts.  And why the hell did he need to pitch a fit about making brownies when all he's doing is opening a bag and adding some water and maybe an egg. They are not asking for a sacher torte

Does he do the braises so  he can catch an extra hour of nap time?

And yes the oven did say 425 - 450 when Rocky put her chicken in but it wouldn't surprise me if Chef Leon  turned it down accidently or on purpose,  either because he needed to use it or he had to be an ass and didn't tell Rocky. Rocky should have checked the inner pieces by cutting into one and if need be finish it in the microwave in smaller batches to get it out on time.

Where do they find these chefs? Ben wasn't a prize either but at least he was amiable.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

I doubt Leon sabotaged Rocky's meal by messing with the oven times. Just looking at the chicken as it was pulled out of the oven, it did not look anywhere near cooked and Rocky should have put it back in. I like her, but she seemed a bit scatter-brained in the kitchen so I felt like she was bit out of her element. Is she a trained chef or just someone who enjoys cooking?

From what I remember Rocky said she went to culinary school, which is why she got into the yachting business I guess with plans to be a cook or something. Pretty shocking that with her training she cannot cook chicken properly. Somebody could get seriously ill from that.