Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Laws Of Nature

• Start Topic

You would think that was something that they would explain in the show, and not require viewers to go look up. As someone mentioned upthread, Lash did look somewhat like the creature on the airplane in the very first episode of 'Fringe'.

It still doesn't explain what 'Lash' was doing at the hospital -- was he going after Daisy ? Lincoln ? Another inhuman at the hospital ? It just seemed weird that he conveniently showed up. I also thought that the CGI for Lincoln's powers kind of sucked. Skye/Daisy's powers seem to be rather inconsistent -- they previously showed that she could throw people and cars through the air, but someone couldn't move this Lash person at all.

Joey's powers seem pretty useless -- melts only certain metals within 3 meter range. That doesn't explain the guy that was completely toasted in Joey's apartment or why the wooden door and wooden door frame were destroyed . Was the implication that Joey went over the railing in his balcony -- so how did he survive the fall ? I also don't get why the car exploded when he melted it -- it wasn't running at the time.

The new Bus is almost like a mini-helicarrier -- so where did the Quinjet dock ? It wasn't on the top of the Bus, but somehow Skye/Daisy, Mac and Hunter managed to get onboard. Does SHIELD still have control of the Helicarrier from Age of Ultron and the aircraft carrier ? SHIELD still seems to be considered a rogue organization per the President's announcement, so where are they keeping everything ?

It did seem like a soft reboot. I thought all was forgiven when Ward was turned over. Maybe it was thought it was another SHIELD/Hydra infiltration to kill Senator Ward?

Dude not having heard of SHIELD? Seemed more like we might get new Marvel viewers and we need to start from scratch. Sort of like references to Ultron in the newer movie instead of New York when the subject is alien beings was out of place.

I really could've used a "Previously On…" at the beginning, to be honest. And then I thought that they would use Joey to deliver a whole mound of exposition to remind us what happened at the end of last season while explaining what's going on to him. Oh well. By the end of the episode, I felt like I was back in the swing of things except for Bobbie and Hunter. I just forget where we left them. Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

Props for an LGBT character (and Latino, too!) and introducing that particular character trait in a bit of casual dialogue. I just hope that any Inhumans they pick up don't end up as just one-off characters. I'd like them to build a team of agents with various powers that they can cherry pick for whatever mission they might be appropriate for.

Constance Zimmer is terrific and a great fit for this show. I'm intrigued by that whole organization, and it was nice to find out at the end that they're not the ones killing Inhumans. That… thing is. Whatever it is.

The lighting on this show continues to be too dark for most of the scenes, but I will allow it for that whole hospital sequence as that creature was… not their FX team's best work it seems. Best to keep it in the shadows. :-/

I didn't mind the visual of Lincoln's powers. And the shot of him and Quake using their powers together to keep the creature at bay (with her clever twist of blasting the floor to get rid of him) satisfied my inner comic book nerd. In fact, now that the show seems to have fully embraced its comic book roots with powered Inhumans, it's finally become the show I've always wanted it to be. I know it was supposed to be about the normal human agents having adventures in a world where there could be super powers, but this is so much more fun!

Also, so much yes to Fitz in this episode. His performance was great, especially that final scene with the monolith. Heartbreaking. And that tease? Wowza! (Oh, but to clarify something mentioned above, there's no such thing as the Guardians of the Galaxy-verse… that's the same universe as this one. Just alien planets. The question is… which one is she on? I'd guess the Kree home world, simply because it would make the most sense story-wise, finding the birthplace of the Inhumans… Maybe she'll stumble upon Atillan?)

• Love 1

Joey's powers seem pretty useless -- melts only certain metals within 3 meter range.  That doesn't explain the guy that was completely toasted in Joey's apartment or why the wooden door and wooden door frame were destroyed .  Was the implication that Joey went over the railing in his balcony -- so how did he survive the fall ?  I also don't get why the car exploded when he melted it -- it wasn't running at the time.

That wasn't a person, that was Joey's Teragenesis cocoon. Remember how Skye and Raina got cocooned last season, and Skye blew hers to little bits? Same thing happened to Joey.

• Love 5

That wasn't a person, that was Joey's Teragenesis cocoon. Remember how Skye and Raina got cocooned last season, and Skye blew hers to little bits? Same thing happened to Joey.

I guess that shows how memorable the Skye/Raina transformation was last year.  

Did Joey take one fish oil pill and then boom -- instant transformation -- since they did show that tipped over jar of fish oil pills, or did he need to take them for a while ?  Since we don't know how long it has been since the end of last season, or how long it took those Terrigen-tainted fish oil pills to get to market and into the hands of consumers, how long has SHIELD put together the connection ?  How long have new Inhumans been popping up -- weeks, months ?

Nice to see that that super slo-mo feature still seems to be exclusively reserved for Daisy/Skye.  Because she's just not special enough now that she has powers.

Based on Simmons hair growth, she has been on that mystery moon -- it looks more like a moon since it appears to be orbiting a much larger planet with a greenish atmosphere (and another moon in between) -- for several months.  And since it looks rather barren, I'm curious what she's been doing for food and water all this time.  There appeared to be some plants/trees that she ran by, whether they are edible or not who knows.

Also, so much yes to Fitz in this episode. His performance was great, especially that final scene with the monolith. Heartbreaking. And that tease? Wowza! (Oh, but to clarify something mentioned above, there's no such thing as the Guardians of the Galaxy-verse… that's the same universe as this one. Just alien planets. The question is… which one is she on? I'd guess the Kree home world, simply because it would make the most sense story-wise, finding the birthplace of the Inhumans… Maybe she'll stumble upon Atillan?)

kennyab had a great spec for where Simmons is over at the speculation thread. And I think that poster is dead on.  Kennyab speculated that she's in the Blue Area of the Moon (maybe not the moon in this instance but a planet) wherein the Kree brought Inhumans to experiment on them. 

• Love 1

Whoop whoop! SO glad my AoS is back- t'was a great b-day present for me yesterday (44 yrs old and I still squee like a 14 yr old fan gurrl). 

Thanks to those that linked the opening scene to the terrigenesis cocoon. I couldn't figure how someone was obliterated by contact with terrigen crystals but yet no human killing terrigen metal ended up in the supplements.

YAYs for: 

DaisyMac ftw!

Bobbi & Hunter sticking around (and, my easily 'shipping self hearts that Hunter wants to remarry... again "Oh great master of melodrama" squee!),

Rosalind- her team- US gov being half way realistic in their exploit (sucks to be the newly Inhuman, but lethal force seems warranted all things considered)

Rosalind v Coulson- methods in conflict but goals in alignment. Cool!

Big bad(s) apparently unrelated to SHIELD, HYDRA, US Gov, etc. A longer arc depicting an off world threat on earth would be RADICAL

Hunter hunting Ward

And, biggest yay, 

Iain De Caestecker's performance throughout and the stellar work in the final on earth scenes. The production team blew this out so well this episode, I'm a little nervous they're going to tread the same ground for three-five eps before alerting the characters to Simmons whereabouts and current "alive" status.

Can't wait for next week!

Daisy/Skye new role could be interesting but I like her and Lincoln  This could be interesting.

Constance Zimmer as "Rosalyn" will be awesome.

I agree.  Daisy and Lincoln are interesting, and I like that Lincoln has become more jaded and guarded.  That zen quality he had is gone, and he doesn't take crap or orders from anyone.  That suits him as a character, I think.  It shouldn't all be kambaya.  Luke Mitchell's character of John was the only good thing about TTP, and I see remnants of John in Lincoln a bit.  I think Luke plays well with those types of characters.

I think Fitz was amazing, and holy crap his devotion to finding his girl and getting her back.  Seeing her in that other world was a great WTF moment as well.

Constance Zimmer is always great, and I did enjoy the verbal sparring between her character and Caulson.  Speaking as a relatively new viewer, overall, I think the premiere was really good.

• Love 2

There was a bit where Daisy was talking about the mystery girl, and Coulson said something along the lines of, I think she'd rather be called woman. Was this a dig at DC's Supergirl?! I thought that was a strange line.

I took it as though he was suggesting Rosalind was badass and a badass woman is no "girl." 

• Love 1

You would think that was something that they would explain in the show, and not require viewers to go look up.  As someone mentioned upthread, Lash did look somewhat like the creature on the airplane in the very first episode of 'Fringe'.

God, I miss Fringe.  One of the best shows ever.  Yes, Lash reminded me of Porcupine Man too.

It still doesn't explain what 'Lash' was doing at the hospital -- was he going after Daisy ? Lincoln ? Another inhuman at the hospital ? 

He was definitely interested in either Daisy or Lincoln because when Lash was attacking that orderly, he asked "Where is the inhuman?"  Then when he came around the corner, he sees Lincoln and Daisy, and he smiles and says something like "Never mind."  So he clearly saw what he was after when he saw them.  The more I think about it, I think he may have been after Lincoln because Lash specifically came to the hospital, where a doctor would be working.  Daisy wasn't there yet and Lash had no idea she would be there.  So I guess my next question would be:  How does Lash know about Lincoln as an inhuman?

I also thought that the CGI for Lincoln's powers kind of sucked.  Skye/Daisy's powers seem to be rather inconsistent -- they previously showed that she could throw people and cars through the air, but someone couldn't move this Lash person at all.

I don't think his powers sucked or the CGI.  I think you hit on the problem in that their powers, both Daisy and Lincoln, didn't seem to be as effective.  Their powers should be awesome when they use them.  So the writers just need to make those powers really effective when they are used.  For instance, when Lincoln and Mack were getting in each other's faces, and the lights started flashing, Daisy first thought it was Lincoln.  So he probably IS capable of that kind of power, and that's what we need to see more of at this point - from Daisy as well.  Consistently and shock and awe.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1

He was definitely interested in either Daisy or Lincoln because when Lash was attacking that orderly, he asked "Where is the inhuman?" Then when he came around the corner, he sees Lincoln and Daisy, and he smiles and says something like "Never mind." So he clearly saw what he was after when he saw them. The more I think about it, I think he may have been after Lincoln because Lash specifically came to the hospital, where a doctor would be working. Daisy wasn't there yet and Lash had no idea she would be there. So I guess my next question would be: How does Lash know about Lincoln as an inhuman?

It makes me think that Inhuman society is sort of like Hydra with many heads and Lash is not accepting the Afterlife community as part of his worthy ones.
Nice to see that that super slo-mo feature still seems to be exclusively reserved for Daisy/Skye.  Because she's just not special enough now that she has powers.

As an intro of a supehero it fits. Like in Age of Ultron when Scarlet Witch is finally ready to "step out that door and become an Avenger" one of my favorite moments and is kicking ass with her powers.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

Very solid premiere. Fitz was the best part of it, of course. He was definitely showing off his badass side throughout the episode, and his final scene was just phenomenal. He has always been my favourite and now it's very easy to see why. 

I don't really get why Daisy had to change her name from Skye, but I guess it was to accept her roots as an Inhuman and also acknowledge the fact that she's not an orphan on the run anymore. It's not annoying me like I thought it would, though.

I like Lincoln, but he definitely was underused last season (with good reason) so I'm hoping to see some good stuff for him this season. But yeah, I also caught the 'same last names' from Rosalind's many identities and Lincoln, so I can't help but wonder...I mean, she did get a look in her eye when she saw his picture. Whatever, I could be wrong in assuming mother/son connection, but I mean, we don't know who his family is. 

Is it just me, or does Joey have very similar features to Brett Dalton? If Joey wasn't already established as being gay, I would be questioning if him and Daisy would be the Skye/Ward 2.0 redux. 

So...that's where Simmons is. I thought she'd either be transported to a Kree planet, or be transformed, but I figured transportation was more likely, seeing as they already have Daisy as an Inhuman. 

The Hunter/Bobbi scene was cute enough. I liked seeing William Sandler reprise his role too. All in all, I think it set up the season well enough.

• Love 1
Also, I really like the team up between Mack and Daisy (I hate that they made the name change official.  It's annoying to rename a character 2 seasons in).  Mack's no bullshit style is a good counterpoint to her, since her character has always suffered when she's spent time with other characters who liked her just a little too much.

Finally, if Lincoln's going to be a regular character this season, the show needs to improve the visual presentation of his power.  I don't remember his electricity looking this ridiculous last season.  It made the fight against Lash look sooo cheesy.  It's also made me nervous how a team of Inhumans is going to work out.  If they can't get the effects right, it could end up being silly instead of cool.  Joey's powers were alright, but there were also so vague yet so big that I'm not even really sure what his power does.  

Agree with both of these points. Was anyone else reminded of the Care Bear stare when those beams of light came out of their hands?

• Love 3

It looked as if AoS used a lot of their special effects budget in the season opener. Hope this doesn't mean we are going to have to a lot of siting-and-talking scenes in future episodes as a result of that..

The new, Metal-Melty guy was okay .. his gay outing seemed a bit forced (diversity, dammit !) -- and his regularly scheduled freak-outs and loss of control of his abilities was very been-there-done-that. It felt like Skye-Daisy was doing the I-can't-control-my-powers thing every episode at the end of last season. 

AoS seems to be reinventing itself every season (and sometimes mid-season). I'm still watching so it must be working, sort of.

But still, there are a lot of things that just feel clunky. It's like a car that you expected to be a well-oiled Ferrari from the start, but sputtered and smoked -- and now is being constantly tinkered with and then brought out for road testing again... In well written shows, you can see how characters evolve, but here, characters like Skye-Daisy and Fitz seem as if they are reinvented, not evolved. Does Skye-Daisy remember being a hackivist with mad computer skillz? 

• Love 2
AoS seems to be reinventing itself every season (and sometimes mid-season). I'm still watching so it must be working, sort of.

But still, there are a lot of things that just feel clunky. It's like a car that you expected to be a well-oiled Ferrari from the start, but sputtered and smoked -- and now is being constantly tinkered with and then brought out for road testing again... In well written shows, you can see how characters evolve, but here, characters like Skye-Daisy and Fitz seem as if they are reinvented, not evolved. Does Skye-Daisy remember being a hackivist with mad computer skillz? 

I definitely agree with this. I feel like I'm watching a whole new series, not exactly one that I would have signed up for from day 1. And especially with new clothes, new hair, new name, new powers, and new attitude, the new Daisy seems a far cry from Skye, who hated the government and believed in the power of free information. Now she's all about being a good government agent and keeping secrets.

Edited by kitlee625
  • Love 2

I loved Mack this episode hope they continue to make good use of his character through the rest of the season. And yes, please get him an gun-ax. Oh Daisy,  A Skye by any other name... Surprised there was no May this episode.  Coulson kinda looked like he was playing dress-up in his outfit this episode.

Luke Mitchell's character of John was the only good thing about TTP, and I see remnants of John in Lincoln a bit.  I think Luke plays well with those types of characters.

I loved him on TTP and he's playing a very similar character on this show but I'm not really feeling him yet. 

So far fish oil is the only thing they know about contributing to the appearance of new Inhumans, but per that simulation that Coulson was looking at the Terrigen exposure throughout the world's oceans will be 100 % in a little over 17 months.

All from a small handful of crystals that should have been enough to infuse a few rooms with mutating vapor. Obviously whoever came up with this plot point believes homeopathy actually works—now the whole ocean is MADE OF TERRIGEN!

• Love 1

Did Joey take one fish oil pill and then boom -- instant transformation -- since they did show that tipped over jar of fish oil pills, or did he need to take them for a while ?  Since we don't know how long it has been since the end of last season, or how long it took those Terrigen-tainted fish oil pills to get to market and into the hands of consumers, how long has SHIELD put together the connection ?  How long have new Inhumans been popping up -- weeks, months ?

We have no way of knowing at this point, but I'm assuming it takes more than one pill to prompt teregenesis.  The concentration of the terrigen compound in the fish oil is likely low, and some of the supplements in the bottle many not even be contaminated.  Maybe the terrigen builds up in their fat cells until they've collected enough to trigger the change.

Agree with both of these points. Was anyone else reminded of the Care Bear stare when those beams of light came out of their hands?

It didn't remind me of the Care Bear stare (though now that you mention it...), but his lightning bolts reminded me too much of the proton beams from Ghostbusters.  And while yes, Ghostbusters is awesome it's also 30 years old so the effect just felt really dated looking to me.  Daisy/Quake's powers are more subtle (visually anyway) and better looking.

• Love 1

I loved him on TTP and he's playing a very similar character on this show but I'm not really feeling him yet. 

I didn't feel him at all in Season 2 of AOS, and he wasn't similar at all to John last year.  He was too Zen, but last night's episode was the aloof, more distant character that I like.  I don't like gung-ho "Oh I got a super cool power.  Let me join up!" characters.  I like when there is conflict, doubt, and hesitation because they want to ask questions, and he is also a character that is feeling guilty for being duped and for people getting killed.  So it makes sense that he wouldn't just join up with the very NEXT new group of do-gooders.  He has serious trust issues right now, but it's obvious that he will ultimately join up with S.H.I.E.L.D.  I think Lincoln is much more interesting now after this last episode than he was last year.  Aloofness looks good on him.

But yeah, I also caught the 'same last names' from Rosalind's many identities and Lincoln, so I can't help but wonder...I mean, she did get a look in her eye when she saw his picture. Whatever, I could be wrong in assuming mother/son connection, but I mean, we don't know who his family is. 

Crap, I missed that.  Now THAT would be a great twist.  A woman trained to hunt down inhumans has a son who is one.  Nice.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1

I don't really get why Daisy had to change her name from Skye, but I guess it was to accept her roots as an Inhuman and also acknowledge the fact that she's not an orphan on the run anymore. It's not annoying me like I thought it would, though.

She's become SkeDaisy in my head - like skedaddle.

It didn't remind me of the Care Bear stare (though now that you mention it...), but his lightning bolts reminded me too much of the proton beams from Ghostbusters.  And while yes, Ghostbusters is awesome it's also 30 years old so the effect just felt really dated looking to me.  Daisy/Quake's powers are more subtle (visually anyway) and better looking.

I immediately said "Don't cross the streams!".

Good thing no one happened to be in the hospital hallways on the floors beneath Lash when she blasted the hole.

• Love 2

I liked this new "re-boot". Daisy did not bug me as she did in past years, but I did miss May. Coulson and Rosalind were great in their scene together and I look forward to many more sparring sessions with those two. Fitz is a new guy with a purpose! Love him being bad-ass. Mack, Bobbi and Hunter seemed to be the only one's not really changed this season, but that's ok, I like them the way they are, but really want Bobbi back in the field. I would much rather see he kicking ass that working in a lab. Thankfully Gemma is alive, but not sure how long she is going to survive as it seems she is being chased by someone or something? Can't wait for next week!

There was a bit where Daisy was talking about the mystery girl, and Coulson said something along the lines of, I think she'd rather be called woman. Was this a dig at DC's Supergirl?! I thought that was a strange line.

It's a dig at Hollywood in general, I'd say.  Early in The Avengers  Coulson says, "Put the woman on the phone."  That line has always stood out for me because action movies always call women "girls".  See CA:TWS when Steve and Natasha are exploring the SHIELD installation at the old Army base in New Jersey and find pictures of the founders.  Natasha asks of Peggy's picture, "Who's the girl?"  There's no reason for Natasha to think of Peggy as "girl" rather than "woman."

• Love 5

Good return, but they certainly aren't afraid to change things up or make viewers wait.  Skye is now officially Daisy (I wonder if she going by that to embrace her Inhuman side more or to acknowledge Crazy Cal).  Bobbi has traded in her body armor and ass-kicking skills for a lab coat and glasses, until she recovers.  Melinda never came back from vacation.  Coulson still doesn't have a hand.  Didn't check in on Ward, so I'm sure he's up doing something sinister.  And Simmons is alive, but apparently somewhere very, very far away.

Constance Zimmer looks like she'll be a welcome edition to the show.  I'm already intrigued by Rosalind, and the power she seems to have (even President William Sadler is toting her lines!)  But I like that it doesn't seem like they are evil, but they are think they are going the right thing.  I hope they keep it up.  That said, her henchman being played by Andrew Howard is a bit more suspicious, because that guy usually tends to be some kind of violent, shifty character.

New regulars: indifferent to Lincoln still, even though I enjoyed Luke Mitchell on The Tomorrow People.  Mack though, is just awesome.  It really feels like he works well with every character on this show.  His stuff with Fitz last season and Bobbi in both seasons were great, and I got a kick out of him and Skye tonight.  I like that he can be used both as someone to banter with, but also doesn't mind confronting them, if he feels they are doing something wrong.  He serves a lot of roles, and I'm glad the show realized that and kept him around.

I like the new Inhuman they have with them, even though it took a while getting use to seeing him as a nice guy, since I just saw the actor play a very bad character on Netflix's Narcos.

Iain De Caestecker was the stand-out in this one; especially at the end.

So, Simmons is in another galaxy: probably the same one as the Guardians, I'm guessing.  Hopefully, she can hitch a ride from Starlord and the rest.  On the other hand, she might want to avoid any ships that are being captained by a blue Michael Rooker.  Or one that is being piloted by a blue Karen Gillan...

Some big-ass alien guy (Kree?) is the one killing Inhumans.  I'm sure we'll get more into that soon.

• Love 1

I disagree the Kree shown have been human looking, except for being blue. An Inhuman on the other hand can turn out looking like anything after terragenesis

Given that TPTB have specified that Big Blue is a character from the comics called Lash who is an Inhuman, I guess I stand corrected.

However, based on what has been actually shown and discussed, my speculation seemed reasonable.

I think it's still a safe bet that Lash was the one going around killing Inhumans.

The new, Metal-Melty guy was okay .. his gay outing seemed a bit forced (diversity, dammit !)

How was it forced? All they did was mention he had a recently exed boyfriend when they were trying to get through to him on a personal level, and had him imply that he's not willing to trade one closet for another. It was both subtly and naturally done, IMO.

• Love 13

God, I miss Fringe.  One of the best shows ever.  Yes, Lash reminded me of Porcupine Man too.

He was definitely interested in either Daisy or Lincoln because when Lash was attacking that orderly, he asked "Where is the inhuman?"  Then when he came around the corner, he sees Lincoln and Daisy, and he smiles and says something like "Never mind."  So he clearly saw what he was after when he saw them.  The more I think about it, I think he may have been after Lincoln because Lash specifically came to the hospital, where a doctor would be working.  Daisy wasn't there yet and Lash had no idea she would be there.  So I guess my next question would be:  How does Lash know about Lincoln as an inhuman?

I don't think his powers sucked or the CGI.  I think you hit on the problem in that their powers, both Daisy and Lincoln, didn't seem to be as effective.  Their powers should be awesome when they use them.  So the writers just need to make those powers really effective when they are used.  For instance, when Lincoln and Mack were getting in each other's faces, and the lights started flashing, Daisy first thought it was Lincoln.  So he probably IS capable of that kind of power, and that's what we need to see more of at this point - from Daisy as well.  Consistently and shock and awe.

Lash's deal  is he feeds of energy and throws it back. I think the problem they were having was this was really the first Inhuman with offensive powers they have been up against and Lincoln's powers were giving Lash a boost

• Love 1

I rewatched the episode already (I missed my aos) and I caught a couple of things I missed the first time around.

There's an axe hanging in Coulson's office. I'm guessing it's the same axe Mack used to save Coulson. We all know Coulson is sentimental, so when I saw it, it definitely made me smile. And Coulson was using the Grumpy Cat mug. Wasn't that Fitz's? Couldn't you just see Coulson musing and going "Well, Fitz is out so Grumpy Cat mug it is."

I really liked that Daisy brought Joey a beer at the end. It nicely bookmarked at the beginning when Joey made a comment about meeting his friends for a beer."

Did you guys see the old woman in the subway car with Coulson and Hunter? After noticing her with a gun on her, I'm sad she wasn't a Shield Agent, it would have been cheeky if she had made the first move while Coulson said "I owe you one Agnes."

I wish Bobbi, Hunter, or Mack had been in the hallway when Fitz lost it. Not that I wanted to take away from Fitz's powerful last scene, but I hope he's actually talking to someone. All of his research for the answers sounded incredibly reckless, and it's not like Fitz is Hunter or Mack. And especially at the end when he was screaming, daring the rock to do something, it seems like Fitz definitely has a death wish. And we all know from them being underwater, he does not want to be in a world without Jemma.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 2

I don't understand why Skye using her birthname is such a big disconnect. We've known what it was for quite awhile, it's not like she suddenly decided, 'just call me Gwyneth, guys." I really do miss Cal's crazy ass, though.

I couldn't get into the show watching it last night as it premiered, and I realized it's because of the (lack of) )lighting. Watched it on my laptop 2 feet from my face this morning and it was much easier to see what was going on.

I am worried that May is not actually on vacation. I'm worried that Ward has her.

• Love 3

I missed my Agents of Shield! So glad to see you again!

That was a really solid, enjoyable episode, sets up lots of plots and character beats for the season, and re-set the show, yet again.

I cannot wait to see Sky/Daisys super team in action. I like Joey well enough, I cant wait to see who else joins Daisys mini-Avengers. 

I like Daisy and Lincoln as well. I like this more jaded, less Zen Lincoln. Angry and angsty work well on him. I did not at all catch that Rosalind and Lincoln have the same last name until I came here. Great catch. No way is that a coincidence. 

Speaking of Rosalind, I dig her already. I`m a sucker for stories of different factions with different ways of operating, but with similar goals. 

Fitz`s hot levels has very consistently gone up, and it was through the roof tonight. Damn Ian. He has been a real find. His breakdown at the end was great. For a guy who started as comic relief, he plays drama very well. 

Hunter/Bobbi have grown on me a lot. I find them to be kinda adorable now. I hope they punch Ward in his stupid, smug face ASAP. Plus, they are bringing in Bobbi`s science background from the comics! Yea! 

Mac is awesome. Enough said. 

I missed this show a lot. 

Loved all the references to the greater MCU

• Love 2

I think Daisy using her real name is a statement that she literally and figuratively knows who she is now.

If they can create Vision they can probably clone Coulson's hand.  I was very entertained that it was sitting in a glass case in the lab.  I didn't see the axe that another poster mentioned; I'll have to go back and look.

• Love 3

I don't understand why Skye using her birthname is such a big disconnect. We've known what it was for quite awhile, it's not like she suddenly decided, 'just call me Gwyneth, guys." I really do miss Cal's crazy ass, though.

I don't really see it as a disconnect so much as I just really hate name changes on shows. It probably doesn't help that I seldom ever get used to it when they happen in real life.   In my head, you will always be stuck with the name I first knew you by.  

• Love 1

I would like to second the increasing hotness of Fitz.. the accent is definitely helping.

now a bit of interesting info, מות is the root for the hebrew word death =מוות (ma`vet), however when you read a little bit more into it..  מות AKA Motת was a Canaan god, with an insatiable hunger who literally swallowed anyone who got near him sending them to the land of the dead without actually killing them. the only god who was able to defeat him was actually the goddess Anat, because Mot killed their brother Ba'al. I wonder if that mythology will come into play in some form or another- mainly since the surname Simmons is a Hebrew name-ish, it is derived from the name Shimon which has been anglicized to Simon. Also the word Mot is used through out the middle east in different variations. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mot_(god)

OMG Thanos! Another Kree/Guardians connection. Fitz and Iain were hot and amazing. Speaking of, where do Inhumans shop for bras? Holy Daisy's knockers...

• Love 2

That was a really solid, enjoyable episode, sets up lots of plots and character beats for the season, and re-set the show, yet again.

One thing I do enjoy about this show is how they "re-set" it every season. It evolves and doesn't stay static. Part of this is because they keep up with the movies. Characters leave the team or die, but they also introduce new characters and keep them around. It's entirely possible, then, that Joey could become a team member. I liked him a lot, and it'd be a shame if he was just a one-off.

Constance Zimmer is being typecast. She's basically her character from UnREAL.

• Love 3

We have no way of knowing at this point, but I'm assuming it takes more than one pill to prompt teregenesis.  The concentration of the terrigen compound in the fish oil is likely low, and some of the supplements in the bottle many not even be contaminated.  Maybe the terrigen builds up in their fat cells until they've collected enough to trigger the change.

It could also be that there some genetic variation in the effects as well. I know they keep saying "gene" singular but that doesn't make sense for the variety of the effects were seeing. It more like that people are carrying a bundle or variety of Kree genes (As an actual Cree it is seriously weird to type that) so some people might be more Inhuman than other. Some might experience tetragenenis after one pill some might take ten. (Of course that assumes this comic book is actually even half-assing the science at this point)

• Love 1
Fitz`s hot levels has very consistently gone up, and it was through the roof tonight. Damn Ian. He has been a real find. His breakdown at the end was great. For a guy who started as comic relief, he plays drama very well. 

I totally agree, I have always loved Fitz, nice to see him doing more than being stuck in the lab.

Wouldn't mind if Lincoln stuck around. Skye/Daisy did not annoy as much in previous epidodes. Maybe it's because I like her haircut. Hope May comes backs soon, love Ming Na and all her I am do gonna beat the hell out of you faces. Is it wrong I miss Ward? He may be an asshole, but at least he is an interesting one.
  • Love 2

Constance Zimmer does always play similar characters, but she's great at it. So I'm not complaining. Her character Penny on Good Morning, Miami is still one of my favorite sitcom characters. 

This show does kind of reboot itself every season or so. I like it though, it gives a chance to see these characters in different settings. Fitz becoming brave because he lost Gemma. Gemma surviving on her own on an Alien planet, Daisy taking charge and helping the other Inhumans which is what her mother did, so kind of her birthright, I guess May's off trying to live a normal life, Mac, Hunter and Bobbi are getting more things to do. 

• Love 2

Weirdly, now that she has superpowers and is the focus of a major branch of SHIELD I find her far less annoying than I used to because Daisy genuinely seems to have a reason for being the center of attention.

• Love 3
Okay, y'all, I'm an idiot. How is everyone coming to the conclusion that Gemma is in the Guardian's world? It just looked like some random, barren planet to me.

No, you're not an idiot, it's just speculation and a little wishful thinking. Some people are hoping they intend to tie the show into the movies more. But even if they wanted to I think it's a stretch here, because for one thing we don't really know where most of the Guardians are from, and even if we did and Gemma was on say Gamora's home planet, what difference would it make? The name wouldn't mean anything to anyone who doesn't know the comics really well (I have no idea where any of the Guardians except Peter and comic Drax come from) and it's not as if Zoe Saldana is going to show up. It most likely will end up just being some random alien planet, unless they decide to say she was sent to one of the Kree moons or something.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 3

Jemma would be lucky if she were on Gamora's homeworld. Her race, the Zen-Whoberians, were a bunch of peaceniks.

At least until they were all wiped out by the Universal Church of Truth (or the Badoon, depending on which timeline you're in. Long story. :D)

Jemma would be lucky if she were on Gamora's homeworld. Her race, the Zen-Whoberians, were a bunch of peaceniks.

At least until they were all wiped out by the Universal Church of Truth (or the Badoon, depending on which timeline you're in. Long story. :D)

Isn't Gamora the last of her race, Thanos having wiped all the others out?

Okay, y'all, I'm an idiot. How is everyone coming to the conclusion that Gemma is in the Guardian's world? It just looked like some random, barren planet to me. 

I'm still curious why they assume that Simmons was sucked into the monolith.  Coulson was discussing about Fitz's investigation that Simmons had been micro-miniaturized like Hank Pym -- did they honestly not have the monolith under 24x7 video surveillance ?  Does that mean that even now they are just guessing that Simmons was abducted by the monolith ?  Heck, she could have been vaporized for all they know, so It's a pretty big assumption that she was portaled away.

Does this mean that there is an equally menacing monolith on whatever moon/planet Gemma is on now ?  Why doesn't Gemma look like she has lost any weight after being marooned for months on this moon/planet ?  Is there an IHOP (Intergalactic House of Pancakes) nearby ?