Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Season 6 Finale Special - Check Up With Dr. Drew, Part 1

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I think Kail is genuinely a pretty girl minus the ugly tats, sometimes less-than-flattering boxy fashion choices, and scowl on her face that's there 90% of the time. She really is a pretty girl with a beautiful face and gorgeous hair.

Jenelle looked soooo tiny in this reunion. She looked so much thinner than she looked all season. I hope she's not back on heroin or some other drug (okay, we know she's never stopped smoking weed and I have my suspicions that she's been on methadone since quitting heroin, but you know what I mean).

I had to laugh at Javi saying his mom and sister talked him into working it out with Kail and how part of it was his fault. I pictured them sitting Javi down and saying something along the lines of "Javi, you see how Kail treats Jo, right? Do you want to be treated like that? Do you want some other guy and his family coming in and playing daddy & family to Lincoln? Do you want to have to try to pay for your Mercedes, Miley tickets, tattoos, etc on your paycheck alone and not her TM/book money?"

(I also kind of wonder if the people "renting" Kail & Javi's first Delaware house are actually his mom, sisters, and/or other family members.)

I would say it hards to tell if someone is attractive, if they a almost permanent frown on their face. It's not just looks that makes people attractive. Her personality is the drizzling shits.
  • Love 7

Kailyn's segment was pretty blah. Jenelle must have briefly gotten with Nathan because she has a new man as of today. I was absolutely disgusted when she slammed her mom working at Wal Mart deli and said she's "saving lives!" Ummm...you'll be assisting a doctor or nurse, Jenelle. IF you even get a job with that criminal background. It was absolutely disgusting how she yells at Barb at the end. Yuck. I cringed. Would never even think of speaking to my mom like that.

Edited by CourtneyCourt
  • Love 5

This bugs the shit out of me. For years now, you hear people on TV claiming to have "panic attacks" or "anxiety attacks" as a way to get out of something they don't want to do, or as an excuse for basically being an asshole. My sister has panic attacks. I've seen panic attacks. People having an honest-to-god real panic attack GO TO THE ER CUZ THEY THINK THEY'RE HAVING A HEART ATTACK. They don't sit on a couch in front of TV cameras with dead eyes and a blank face whining about how mean someone is to them. Real anxiety disorder is a crippling problem for many people, and it is an insult to their struggles to wave the term around whenever you feel the least bit uncomfortable. Everybody has moments of fear, pain, anxiety, frustration. Most of us get over it. We get past it. Without drugs, without drama. Your boss at work is not going to allow you to go home for the day if you claim to be having a panic attack cuz your co-worker dissed you. Apparently Janelle thinks that if she claims to be having a panic attack, everybody's supposed to step back and give her her way in all things so as to not upset her more. Like the world owes it to her. What a crock. Who gave her this idea? I'm looking at you, Drew Pinsky. 

Thank you for posting this! It's so true and one of the reasons why Jenelle and Leah piss me off so much with their claims. Like you said, we ALL have moments that make us anxious. We get over it. I think Jenelle told one of the doctors or counselors at the treatment center she went to that she got high when she felt anxious. Instead of telling her she'd have to learn to deal with it like a grown up, BINGO! she has anxiety disorder and uses it as an excuse for everything. Someone with an honest, for real anxiety/panic disorder does everything in their power to avoid stressors. Jenelle creates anxiety inducing situations. She's not happy unless there's a whirlwind of drama surrounding her so she can whine about it and try to get sympathy.

I have to go to a memorial service Saturday that will be held at a fire and brimstone, fundamentalist church and it's a 4 hour drive one way to get there. I'd rather have two broken legs, the flu and a hangover all at once than spend 8 hours on the road and a couple hours listening to people spout religious babble I don't believe. I wonder if I could pull off some fake anxiety to get out of it? 

• Love 7

We all know that in Jenelle-speak, "anxiety attack" means a short episode of crying while screaming "Why are you do mean to meeee?!" or "Leave meeee aloooone!!!" which is over as soon as she gets her bong out of the bathroom and tokes up.

I have anxiety and depression. Jenelle has hissy fits and bong hits.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 17

It was absolutely disgusting how she yells at Barb at the end. Yuck. I cringed. Would never even think of speaking to my mom like that.

This.  It's totally disgusting.  When Jenelle was yelling at Barb about how she would have felt if her children were taken out of her care, I was so hoping Barb would say "ashamed", which is how Jenelle ought to feel about the whole situation, rather than carrying on like an ungrateful asshole.

• Love 15

Hissy fits and bong hits has a nice ring to it. You should write a song! When she came back out after her first storm off, she said she was having horrible anxiety and felt like she was going to throw up. That was after Nipples told her she played the victim "like a T". So, anxiety according to Jenelle is: whenever someone speaks the truth about you and whenever someone says something you don't want to hear. Got it.

• Love 12

I'll believe it when I see it. I think Adumb hangs out at the gym, offers unsolicited advice to people, and thinks that constitutes as a job.

Unsolicited Adumb advice = goes up to young women and claims to be a trainer as an excuse to put his creepy crawly paws on them under the guise of "showing you proper form for that exercise". He might even buy a phony 'uniform' and certificate to convince them.

When she came back out after her first storm off, she said she was having horrible anxiety and felt like she was going to throw up.

Jenelle makes everyone feel like throwing up. Maybe that's her medical talent.

• Love 7

Ok, got it. So Javi has a problem with a man, Or well Jo, coming to his house when he isn't at home because of his culture.  But what does his culture say about his wife Kail barging into Jo's house uninvited alone?

• Love 9

Barbara doesn't save lives???? She works in a Walmart deli. Those awesome rotisserie chickens have filled the bellies in our house many a night!

Seriously though, Jenelle, is an ungrateful bitch. Barbara's deli job put food in her mouth, clothed her, and kept her in a clean household--not to mention Jace's. The easiest thing would be for Barbara to completely shut her out of her life, but she hasn't. She's the only person in the world who gives a shit about her and holds out hope for her, but that's how Jennelle acts?? Go to hell, Jennelle!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 17

FYI, according to the Ashley, the reason Leah has a safe word is because during that time she was fresh out of rehab, I mean stress camp, and her mom thought she was too fragile for the reunion show. However, it's part of her contract she participate. So, MTV agreed that she could say her safe word and they would stop talking and dr drew would gain control of the convo. Aka, when Corey starts to imply that he would lose custody of his girls if he did drugs - Leah freaks and says monkey. Gotta keep the drug issue swept under the rug. And MTV enables that shit.

• Love 13

Just a few things. I carry child life insurance for my 3 sons thru my work. It's 90 cent a check, every 2 wk for $15k each child. That's right....30cent per kid per check. So kudos to Javi for footing that expense. I guess Jo owes him $1/mo. Another point, Jo is an adult father with almost 2 children. Adults work jobs. Even if he can pay bills now, you work to save for future expenses as you can never have enough finances to cover all eventualities. You also get married to your pregnant girlfriend and provide security and insurance. Jo should work, period. Lastly, I think Janelle has some kind of brain damage or disability. If I was in any type of medical situation and Jenelle wants to perform any task on me, I am leaving instantly. Wouldn't even redress, just leave in the paper gown. Those are my thoughts.

Edited by CalicoskiesNC
  • Love 12

FYI, according to the Ashley, the reason Leah has a safe word is because during that time she was fresh out of rehab, I mean stress camp, and her mom thought she was too fragile for the reunion show. However, it's part of her contract she participate. So, MTV agreed that she could say her safe word and they would stop talking and dr drew would gain control of the convo. Aka, when Corey starts to imply that he would lose custody of his girls if he did drugs - Leah freaks and says monkey. Gotta keep the drug issue swept under the rug. And MTV enables that shit.

It should have been "CHEETOS".

You also get married to your pregnant girlfriend and provide security and insurance.

People can be secure in relationships without the benefit of marriage. Many jobs offer health insurance to an employee's partner without the benefit of marriage as well.

Adults work jobs. Even if he can pay bills now, you work to save for future expenses as you can never have enough finances to cover all eventualities.

You hear that Jenelle, Adam, Leah, and Nathan!

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 7

If I have a big savings (and we don't know that Jo don't) and I want to sit around on my butt all day, I'm going to do it.  It's no ones business but my own as long as my bills are paid and my daughter is well and goes to school.  

• Love 12

If I have a big savings (and we don't know that Jo don't) and I want to sit around on my butt all day, I'm going to do it.  It's no ones business but my own as long as my bills are paid and my daughter is well and goes to school.  

Precisely.

• Love 4

Maybe I watch too much Judge Judy, but I do give a side eye when adults who don't work say they are in school. While I don't want to defend Kail, she did say she is taking a full load. Between that and taking care of 2 kids and  a husband in the military, her plate is full. I'd love to know what Jo is doing school wise. Is he FT? On shows like Judge Judy, "I'm in school" is typically code for I don't have a job. It usually then come sout that they took one class last year and they are getting ready to think about maybe applying to go back to school. I'm not saying Jo is in this category, but rather than responding with "why do I need a job?", a full time student would say right out, I'm in school full time.

Right, and IMHO someone in that household needs to start working with a child on the way. You never know what kind of unexpected expenses that may bring. Vee,you need to step up.

And I went to grad school full-time, worked an unpaid ineternship 3 full days each work, and also worked a part-time paid job, so it can and is done all the time.

Kail is definitely bitter that Jo and Vee are having a little girl. She can't stand that Jo is getting what she wants.

I don't recall Kail ever stating she wanted a girl.

• Love 2

"Monkey" seems like a really bizarre safe word in this situation. They couldn't come up with something that wouldn't seem so out of place at a reunion show so it's not as obvious she's saying a safe word? Like "microphone," "earpiece," "host," etc? Or heck since it's Leah, how about "Mary Kay," glossy," "ravioli," "Robbie" or something? As Splain posted above, "Cheetos" definitely makes sense in any situation involving Leah - that would have been a good choice.

• Love 13

Oh, the life insurance on Isaac and Lincoln is even more ridiculous a claim for Javi to throw out there.  The military AUTOMATICALLY insures the kids for 10,000 each FOR FREE and has since November 2001.  EVERYONE in the military with kids has this coverage, and it applies to stepchildren living in the home as well as bio and adopted kids.  He can insure Karl's life for 100,000 for the cost of $5.00 a month.   So, as with the Tricare coverage, SHUT IT JAVI!  It's fucking free!  Unless, of course, he never put Isaac into DEERS (Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System) - which I cannot see Karl allowing, since she was all about the benefits.

• Love 6

her mom thought she was too fragile for the reunion show. However, it's part of her contract she participate. So, MTV agreed that she could say her safe word and they would stop talking and dr drew would gain control of the convo. Aka, when Corey starts to imply that he would lose custody of his girls if he did drugs - Leah freaks and says monkey. Gotta keep the drug issue swept under the rug. And MTV enables that shit.

So many special rules for them. I guess MTV stands for Messer Tellyvisionses.

"Monkey" seems like a really bizarre safe word in this situation. They couldn't come up with something that wouldn't seem so out of place at a reunion show so it's not as obvious she's saying a safe word?

Heaven knows she would never pick "Condom".

• Love 14

Oh, the life insurance on Isaac and Lincoln is even more ridiculous a claim for Javi to throw out there. The military AUTOMATICALLY insures the kids for 10,000 each FOR FREE and has since November 2001. EVERYONE in the military with kids has this coverage, and it applies to stepchildren living in the home as well as bio and adopted kids. He can insure Karl's life for 100,000 for the cost of $5.00 a month. So, as with the Tricare coverage, SHUT IT JAVI! It's fucking free! Unless, of course, he never put Isaac into DEERS (Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System) - which I cannot see Karl allowing, since she was all about the benefits.

I have several family members in the military. They all pay for Tricare, health insurance. It is deducted on their paycheck. Military life is not a cakewalk with free stuff thrown out you. Each service members pay via paycheck deductions. Deploying to a combat zone adds bonuses, but then again you might die, so that's the pay off.

Jo should provide for his son. He is happy to let the stepfather do the work. IMO, Jo wants to be the fun weekend dad, and let Kail and Javi do the daily grind of child raising. Jo gives the appearance of a guy who spends his day playing video/computer games. He's pasty looking and sporting a dough boy physique.

• Love 7

Though I originally liked Jo, I have to agree with the above.  He has come across as extremely lazy and unmotivated lately.  I feel bad for Vee as I don't know how much energy he will have for her or her baby.  Speculation, yes, but there is something not right about him lately.

• Love 4
But, Jo called her during the middle of the day and asked if he could drop by. Javi was at work. Kail couldn't give Javi the heads up because the head wasn't home to ask.

Oh okay, my apologies. For some reason I thought they had discussed it the previous day. 

I still think Kail likes to kind of pit the two guys against each other. But yes, Javi does need to buy a bridge and get over it.

Jenelle looked soooo tiny in this reunion. She looked so much thinner than she looked all season. I hope she's not back on heroin or some other drug (okay, we know she's never stopped smoking weed and I have my suspicions that she's been on methadone since quitting heroin, but you know what I mean).

I'm sure it's just the fabulous waist training device she's been posting about all over IG. ;P

Much like dramastically, Nathan has butchered "to a T" into "like a T" (as in, "you played the victim like a T")

Well, you know how much t-shirts love to play the victim role. 

• Love 3

Leah having to use a safe word to avoid uncomfortable subjects, leads me to believe that she (and by extension her family) is willing to sacrifice her mental health for the sake of the almighty dollar. She is too fragile for reality TV. IMO.

• Love 8
We all know that in Jenelle-speak, "anxiety attack" means a short episode of crying while screaming "Why are you do mean to meeee?!" or "Leave meeee aloooone!!!" which is over as soon as she gets her bong out of the bathroom and tokes up.

I have anxiety and depression. Jenelle has hissy fits and bong hits.

Right??? For as much as this girl says she has "panic attacks", we've yet to actually SEE her have one. She just sits there with her totally dead eyes and says in the most monotone of voices - "I'm having anxiety". Oh okay, sure. 

I'll spring for dinner and drinks on the way home.

Only if it's burnt, canned ravioli and Lil Hugs. I have a very discerning palette.

Putting aside the fact that that's a complete crock, I really need to know how they arrived at the choice of "monkey" for her safe word. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 11

Jo did look weird. I noticed most that his hair looked odd, all smashed down and combed across his head, and I couldn't stop staring at it, then whoever said he's gotten wider is right. Vee looked stunning. Pregnancy is agreeing with her.

I thought he was wearing Isaac's hairstyle.
  • Love 5
Putting aside the fact that that's a complete crock, I really need to know how they arrived at the choice of "monkey" for her safe word.

Me too! I mean, I get it, she needs to feel "safe" or whatever. But MONKEY?? My friends and I use "pineapple" for those moments when one of us really needs to shut up, lol. Monkey, though?? That is so odd. I wouldn't be able to even keep myself from laughing if I heard it in that moment. Hell, I wouldn't even be able to say it without laughing.

She should just get up and leave like Jenelle does when she doesn't want to talk about anything important.

• Love 4

I have several family members in the military. They all pay for Tricare, health insurance. It is deducted on their paycheck. Military life is not a cakewalk with free stuff thrown out you. Each service members pay via paycheck deductions. Deploying to a combat zone adds bonuses, but then again you might die, so that's the pay off.

Jo should provide for his son. He is happy to let the stepfather do the work. IMO, Jo wants to be the fun weekend dad, and let Kail and Javi do the daily grind of child raising. Jo gives the appearance of a guy who spends his day playing video/computer games. He's pasty looking and sporting a dough boy physique.

Are your military members in the reserves or national guard? As a veteran of the US Air Force from 30 yrs ago, my healthcare and life insurance during active duty was absolutely free.

• Love 3

The Pill Princess of Possum Holler didn't want to do this season.  But, the lure of money was enough for her to choose to air her dirty laundry for the world to see. Even though MTV agreed not to show some things, she's such a trainwreck, the footage they did show was enough for anyone with half a brain to put together what was happening. They should have told her to show up for the reunion, answer the questions that were asked or forget getting paid for the season.  Jabba the Dawn should not have had any input about anything her speshul, little cash cow  would be required to talk about. Corey and Jermy really need to say no more filming of the girlses so MTV cuts these idiots loose. By allowing her to pick and choose what topics could be talked about, they've opened a real can of worms. Will the other three moms expect the same treatment now? 

• Love 7

No, active duty, full time military. One is currently deployed, getting hazard duty pay, but he pays for health care. The other has deployed twice, paid for her healthcare. When I specifically asked about this issue, she called it a civilian rumor.

• Love 4

I thought he was wearing Isaac's hairstyle.

Lol! I think? Jo may be balding and used one of those spray on hair products. The very center of the top of his head was brown while everything else was black.

264m8lc.jpg

I was actually impressed with Kail this episode - perhaps because Dr Drew and Javi took up her position - but she seemed ... Almost cooperative and rational.

• Love 2

Can someone tell me what an EXternship is?? Is that was Janelle was saying she's doing now?  Would it be an Internship????

And I don't think Dr Drew was worried about Kaiser seeing Janelle rolled up in a ball.... I think he was more worried about WHO was actually taking care of him while Janelle was check out holed up in her bedroom ball in a ball and crying for hours. 

I have a friend who's in the Air Guard and I believe she pays for her TriCare but her copay is $0 which is a nice benefit. 

• Love 4

Can someone tell me what an EXternship is?? Is that was Janelle was saying she's doing now?  Would it be an Internship????

Typically an internship lasts for at least a school term and concludes with academic credit or monetary payment, an externship is usually short in duration and may offer no earnings of any kind.

Javi and Kail dropped the whole child support issue. Too bad. Surely Jo would have been allowed more visitation time and that is likely why they dropped the matter. Go figure.

Leah and that sneak preview. Wow! Monkey? Monkey on her back is what that makes me think. Why does she have the benefit of a safe word? Who dictates that she gets this special treatment? This is not a drug rehab show. According to MTV execs, this is a docu-series. Lay it all out there! So tired of these damn heifers hiding behind their problems that they get paid for.

What can I post about Jenelle that hasn't been said a million times? Nathan has always come off as an abusive asshole with psychopath tendencies. Jenelle was pissed because Nathan didn't want to sit next to her. That is why he threw out the "victim" statement that he always resorts to. Jenelle lied and told Dr. Drew he sat down and said something to her. She of course didn't mention that she made it a big deal that Nathan sat 12 inches away from her. She had to have him practically in her lap before she would consent to sitting down at that couch. I would love one of those MTV people to stand there on the sidelines as they show Jenelle her paycheck as they rip it up in front of her. That is all these damn bitches care about anyways - their next paycheck so they can go get their implants, injections, gas guzzlers, drugs, and take those vacations because they so deserve it from working so fucking hard. ::facepalm::

• Love 4

Leah and that sneak preview. Wow! Monkey? Monkey on her back is what that makes me think. Why does she have the benefit of a safe word? Who dictates that she gets this special treatment? This is not a drug rehab show. According to MTV execs, this is a docu-series. Lay it all out there! So tired of these damn heifers hiding behind their problems that they get paid for.

Same as Jenelle with her "panic attacks" -- it's a way for Leah to get out of being held responsible for her shenanigans.

• Love 9

Can someone tell me what an EXternship is?? Is that was Janelle was saying she's doing now? Would it be an Internship????

And I don't think Dr Drew was worried about Kaiser seeing Janelle rolled up in a ball.... I think he was more worried about WHO was actually taking care of him while Janelle was check out holed up in her bedroom ball in a ball and crying for hours.

I have a friend who's in the Air Guard and I believe she pays for her TriCare but her copay is $0 which is a nice benefit.

It's the exact same thing as an internship, but it's supposed to be more concentrated in your field. Like at an internship, even if you're working toward becoming a plumber, you may be stuck at a desk doing excel spreadsheets for the plumbing company the whole summer. An externship would have you going out on jobs with the plumber and working alongside him. So what's the difference? Yeah none really. ha ha.

I noticed the creepy producer lady also told Nathan that Dr. Drew would protect him during his segment. I think the combination of these kids being "famous"having legions of idiot "fans" on social media and being paid a ridiculous amount of money for procreating, has warped their sense of entitlement and they become somewhat surprised when their behavior or choices are called into question.

• Love 8

Javi and Kail dropped the whole child support issue. Too bad. Surely Jo would have been allowed more visitation time and that is likely why they dropped the matter. Go figure.

To be fair to Kail (and I hate to do that ever), visitation is separate from child support so if Jo wanted more time and wanted to go to court to get it, he could.

• Love 3

Whether or not Javi is actually having money deducted out of his paycheck for Isaac's benefits, I get their point.  There are a number of expenses associated with having a child and they are looking for a more equal split of those expenses with Jo.  If Javi's military benefits includes things like insurance for Isaac, they are covering those costs.  Jo should step up and cover other expenses to even things out.  Now, I will also say that Jo had a point when they sat down a few episodes back to talk about child support -- Kail really owes him some hard numbers in terms of what they're paying (or covering in some way) and what the remaining needs are.  Just saying "We need more money," isn't really fair.

• Love 5

To be fair to Kail (and I hate to do that ever), visitation is separate from child support so if Jo wanted more time and wanted to go to court to get it, he could.

I realize that. Saw this on a daily in the courtroom years ago. I just gave a short synopsis of what went down. There is a lot more that went on between Jo and Kail, but we won't know what happened due to editing. Honestly, we get a trickle-down version of what is going on in these people's lives. All the speculation and questions we have is a result of not getting much information.

Even though CS and visitation are two separate legal matters, CS is dependent upon the percentage of time Isaac is with each parent.

For all we know, Jo went to see his former lawyer or sought out a new lawyer. He may have told Kail if she wants to play hard ball, he can then go and ask for more visitation. We don't know what Jo and Vee pay for the care of Isaac outside of what he is required to pay. Just because he pays child support doesn't mean he doesn't pay for the extras.  There are haircuts, clothes, shoes, swimming lessons, co-pays, toys, not to mention those expenses that come with having Isaac at his home - the same things that Kail has had to pay for - such as bedding, furniture, mortgage, utilities, food, all those things that are needed for any child. Jo is not on screen that much. Just a small fraction. For the most part, he has not been the kind of person to just lay out his business out there unless Kail posted their private text messages to one another.  Javi and Kail  run to Facebook and Twitter and let it all out to their minions. Kail and Javi also have more screen time where they are sometimes prodded by producers to speak about Jo and Isaac. They have their chance to say what they want to say. I just never got the feeling that Jo is comfortable with revealing much information as to what he pays. Javi is so quick to list what he does, but he is also a punk. He has always come off as trying to be bigger, better, and some kind of daddy of the year; look at me world! GTFO. If people are handling their business, there is no need to share it with the world unless you are getting something out of it.

if Kail wants help with Isaac's school then Kail needs to say "we pay this much... can you help out more?"

Exactly. Short and sweet and straight to the point, which is what Jo asked.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
Exactly. Short and sweet and straight to the point, which is what Jo asked.

Yup. He tried several times to just ask - "What do you need?" She couldn't give a straight answer, then claimed out of nowhere that they were "fighting" and this wasn't going anywhere.

• Love 6

Exactly.  The problem isn't Kaiser seeing Janelle like that, it's real possibility that Janelle doesn't see Kaiser when she's like that.  But as usual, Janelle missed the whole point.  We already know that Baby Roll feeds himself his own bottle.  I can imagine him plopped in that crib for hours at a time during the day - kind of like how Amber used to dump Little Leah Leanne in her crib for the duration.  

What can I post about Jenelle that hasn't been said a million times? Nathan has always come off as an abusive asshole with psychopath tendencies. Jenelle was pissed because Nathan didn't want to sit next to her. That is why he threw out the "victim" statement that he always resorts to. Jenelle lied and told Dr. Drew he sat down and said something to her. She of course didn't mention that she made it a big deal that Nathan sat 12 inches away from her. She had to have him practically in her lap before she would consent to sitting down at that couch. I would love one of those MTV people to stand there on the sidelines as they show Jenelle her paycheck as they rip it up in front of her. That is all these damn bitches care about anyways - their next paycheck so they can go get their implants, injections, gas guzzlers, drugs, and take those vacations because they so deserve it from working so fucking hard. ::facepalm::

I missed all the previews with Leah so it was interesting to read how she and her mother figured out a way to manipulate the show and still cash the check. And I agree this isn't a rehab show but Drew does/used to practice addiction medicine so maybe he has a soft spot?   I don't know.  I feel bad for Leah because she wasn't in any shape to do the show this season; no one would want that part of their lives documented.  I have a feeling someone talked her into it [producers?  Dawn?] Or maybe it seemed like an answer to her money problems?   Still, three kids under five, one with special needs, a second marriage in three years to fall apart, and a doctor's prescription for Xanax [or whatever] I'd probably have a pill problem at that age too. 

Those MTV people would never rip up one of these girls paycheck - their own jobs depend on these girls.  Look how they cater to them, like beg Jenelle to come back on stage - if she doesn't then their show will be lacking.   I agree this show is anything but a "docu-series" but it is a moneymaker for MTV.  And as long as they are raking it the girls need to get paid accordingly.  On the other hand, these fat paychecks [at least for their ages] make alot of the content completely unrealistic.    It's a catch-22.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
If Javi's military benefits includes things like insurance for Isaac, they are covering those costs.

Technically, yes, but not really.  The same amount would come out of his check even if his only dependent were Kailyn. So, IMO, it's petty for him to bring up the insurance issue. Since Javi is such a great father to Isaac (eyeroll), he should be thrilled that Isaac is fully insured at no extra expense to him. 

• Love 5

No, active duty, full time military. One is currently deployed, getting hazard duty pay, but he pays for health care. The other has deployed twice, paid for her healthcare. When I specifically asked about this issue, she called it a civilian rumor.

Tricare Prime (the healthcare plan service members have) is free for active duty military and their families.  You can elect to have Standard or Extra for your family if you want a particular civilian provider (different coverage, has co-pays and out of pocket costs).  It is not a civilian rumor- AD US service members don't pay for healthcare, it's not taken out of their pay.  They do pay for dependent dental coverage, which is deducted from pay, as is SGLI for the service member and spouse (not kids).  This is straight from the Tricare website.  I never had anything for healthcare deducted from my military pay when I was AD, and my husband's current leave and earnings statements have no deductions for Tricare medical.

That said, Jo should contribute to Isaac's expenses, but the insurance issue is moot-except for dental, Javi does not pay anything for it, unless the military has changed significantly since the last new enlistee I talked to enlisted in 2013,which is after Javi enlisted anyhow. 

And regarding the private school thing-most pre-schools are fee based aren't they?  They were when my kids (one of which is an autistic HS graduate, and the other is a HS junior)-we paid for pre-k back at the turn of the century.  Now, if Kail sends Isaac to a private school for K-12, that is something that both parents need to discuss, and put it in writing so the parent with physical custody cannot unilaterally decide to enroll the kid in a school that costs 3,000 or more per year (what kindergarten cost at the Catholic school we sent my son to), and then demand the other parent pay up.  My sister did this for her oldest-it was in the CS order that she would attend private school until she (my niece) decided that public school was her choice.  As Leah would say, the schools where they lived were 'not well'. 

Jo just needs to suck it up, pay a lawyer, and go to court to get a formal CS agreement.  With EVERYTHING spelled out-what share of expenses each parent is responsible for, what both parents have to agree on before the costs are shared (private school, cosmetic dentistry, $300 sneakers, overseas trips...)

Edited by cissyboo1
  • Love 3

Dr. Drew really needs to stop doing these interviews . He's horrible at it and needs Dr. Phil to give him lessons on how to put people in their place .

Can we please sign a petition to get jenelle off the show ? She's nothing but ungrateful and disgusting and she doesn't deserve a cent . I know Barbara is her mother and I understand unconditional love , but this goes beyond that . Jenelle doesn't deserve barb to give her the time of day and I wish mtv would fire jenelle and give barb her own tv show . And medical assistant my booty . Like anyone would ever hire her or give her any task to do besides cleaning the toilets

• Love 4

Wow... Why does Dr.Drew hate Jo so much? He is laying into home about the job thing, if Jo is current on his support I don't care whether or not he has a job. Should he? Probably, but so should a majority of them on this show. There's like 3-4 jobs between all of the moms, baby daddies and current significant others. I don't think Jo is completely innocent in all of it, but I also don't buy that Kail would tolerate him not paying his fair share of expenses, so I think she knows she is spending more than necessary and she tried to get him to pay part of that, but once she realized she wasn't going to get it "no questions asked" and likely the court would give him more visitation she backed off, I don't buy her keeping the peace either, when has she ever seemed slightly interested in keeping peace. Oh and btw, hey Kail! She must be reading here with all the emphasis on Javi working 5 days a week, she is aware that is typical right? She kept saying it like he works so much more than the average person (although I generally only work 3... But those are 12 hour days)

And wtf with the implying Jo was negligent with the soccer game, laying it on about how important it was to Isaac, it was a freaking miscommunication... They weren't just chillin at home not caring, he planned to go he just didn't have the right time... Still not great but it's not the cardinal sin that Drew made it out to be.

I would also like to explain the difference between being upset and a panic attack to Jenelle.

I'm trying to catch up, so I apologize if this has been mentioned, but has anyone read from the Ashley about the reunion? It's more about Leah so I'll wait until her segment to discuss, but it made a lot of sense.

• Love 4