Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

The Newport Imaging website is under construction.

This info was posted on the site:

"Newport Imaging Center provides a wide variety of radiology and imaging procedures including, MRI, CT Scans, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography and Diagnostic x-ray procedures. In addition we offer screening examinations for breast and lung cancer and coronary artery disease."

http://www.newportimaging.com/

There is a difference between a PET scan and a CT scan. Brooks had a CT scan. I don't know why he referred to it as both when talking to Tamra other than his own confusion over the two tests. I believe that CT scans are done at the imaging center.

Please Bravo end this storyline. It is wrong on so many levels. I have to stop watching this show because I feel very strong about the privacy of patient's med records. That is why we have federal laws in place. The situation is making me angry and that is not why I started watching these ridiculous HWs.

I agree completely.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 3

Yes, Newport does CT Scans, but Brooks was specific in saying PET.      So, he doesn't know?    He made it up?   You would think someone who has supposedly had recurring NHL would know.

He is pretending the have it again and changed the letter head on the report?

All I know for sure is both Vicki and Brooks are liars, so Its very easy to doubt everything they say.   

:)

• Love 7

Well, if Meghan and Cherrio are correct, then the "report was doctored in some way because the Imaging center does not do CT/PET scans and hasn't since 2008. Does anyone else in the OC area know if what they said is true? That would end the question about this report being legit in a big way if the center does NOT do CT/PET scans.

Notice it says CT scan with contrast. When Meghan says the Dr.’s office doesn’t do Pet scans, she is probably right as most Dr.’s offices farm out the scans to actual imaging centers where your insurance pays the most part of the bill. Why don't people move on, maybe to Kim Zolciak and accuse her of not having a stroke and insisting she show all of us her medical records to prove it?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9

Heather DuBrow is on WWHL and she just called Brooks' report a "Mockument."

I found a website a website that explains the difference between CT and PET scans.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/CT_Scan_vs_PET_Scan

"CT Scanning is useful for screening diseases such as colon cancer, detecting injuries and abnormalities in the head, chest, heart, abdomen and extremities. This technique is often combined with other techniques such as MRI, and ultrasonography.

PET scanning is used effectively in oncology (study and treatment of cancer), neurology, cardiology, Cognitive neuroscience, Psychiatry, Pharmacology and Muscular-Skeletal Imaging."

• Love 6

Yes, Newport does CT Scans, but Brooks was specific in saying PET.      So, he doesn't know?    He made it up?   You would think someone who has supposedly had recurring NHL would know.

He is pretending the have it again and changed the letter head on the report?

All I know for sure is both Vicki and Brooks are liars, so Its very easy to doubt everything they say.   

:)

An integrated PET-CT scan combines images from a positron emission tomography (PET) scan and a computed tomography (CT) scan that have been performed at the same time using the same machine. Because a CT scan provides detailed pictures of tissues and organs inside the body, while a PET scan reveals any abnormal activity that might be going on there, combining these scans creates a more complete image than either test can offer alone.

• Love 7

The Newport Imaging website is under construction.

This info was posted on the site:

"Newport Imaging Center provides a wide variety of radiology and imaging procedures including, MRI, CT Scans, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography and Diagnostic x-ray procedures. In addition we offer screening examinations for breast and lung cancer and coronary artery disease."

http://www.newportimaging.com/

I checked out the NewPort Imaging Center website too but I didn't find the text you quoted.  When I clicked on Imaging and Diagnostic Imaging, I got a list of links to other facilities.

• Love 1

It was from the last paragraph.

There weren't any paragraphs on the page I saw.

I see it on the bottom of the front page

I have no idea why I can't see it.

Edited by AnnA

Shut up, Meghan!

Is there anyone willing to admit they saw the Dubrows hawking their snake oil on TV and their only call was from "Cinnamon"? Could Tamra have chosen a more stripperd name? Gawd, your son is quite the loser, is he not? I was trying to figure out what job he was talking about with aerospace and the only thing I came up with was Burger Trek http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mDPQina3wIkor maybe "astronaut ice cream".

Ryan mumbles so maybe he said he was taking up "air and space"!!!

• Love 14

An integrated PET-CT scan combines images from a positron emission tomography (PET) scan and a computed tomography (CT) scan that have been performed at the same time using the same machine. Because a CT scan provides detailed pictures of tissues and organs inside the body, while a PET scan reveals any abnormal activity that might be going on there, combining these scans creates a more complete image than either test can offer alone.

This makes sense because I am sure he said PET/CT scan when talking to Tamra. Unless I heard wrong but I don't think I did. I didn't record the episode so I can't go back to listen again.

• Love 6

The Front page

Newport Imaging Center is the premier outpatient imaging center in Newport Beach California providing the highest quality diagnostic and therapeutic radiology services.

Located in the Newport Center Medical Complex adjacent to Fashion Island, Newport Imaging Center has been serving Orange County residents for the past 15 years. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the best possible experience during their procedures. Newport Imaging is operated through a partnership between Hoag Hospital and Newport Harbor Radiology Associates.

Newport Imaging Center provides a wide variety of radiology and imaging procedures including, MRI, CT Scans, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography and Diagnostic x-ray procedures. In addition we offer screening examinations for breast and lung cancer and coronary artery disease.

This site is currently under construction

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 3

Notice it says CT scan with contrast. When Meghan says the Dr.’s office doesn’t do Pet scans, she is probably right as most Dr.’s offices farm out the scans to actual imaging centers where your insurance pays the most part of the bill. Why don't people move on, maybe to Kim Zolciak and accuse her of not having a stroke and insisting she show all of us her medical records to prove it?

I have had several CT scans with contrast and have never confused it with a PET scan! IMO, Brooks knows the difference between the 2 and said/claimed that he had a PET scan. Yes, most CT/PET/MRI/XRays are done outside a Dr.'s office in an imaging center or in a hospital. Meghan was specific, in that she said the "place/imaging center"  no longer does PET scans, she did not say the Dr.'s "office" stopped doing them.

• Love 4

This makes sense because I am sure he said PET/CT scan when talking to Tamra. Unless I heard wrong but I don't think I did. I didn't record the episode so I can't go back to listen again.

That's what I heard too. A PET/CT scan.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 2

I kid you all not, take the Brooks storyline away, do any of these women, besides Shannon, have storyline on their own?? Hell no.

This storyline has been beaten to death and repetitive.

Meghan needs a freakin hobby. Or start a charity for cancer. When that girl said "I have a medical background but Im no doctor" I wanted to drop kick my tv. LOL.

Heather and Terry are trying to get a storyline so bad. They selling more cold cream to pay for the mega mega mansion with 14 bathrooms.

Tamra is the new jesus jugs and finally has found the lord. But, oh, Ryan and Sarah are living off Tamra since they are both unemployed in the OC. Nice.

Lets get to the reunion already.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 13

Brooks kept saying that the "mass" referred to in the report was an "inflammation."

I never went to medical school but an "inflammation" can't possibly be confused with a cancerous tumor.

• Love 7

ALL that attention paid to hawking the skin care line was boring. One segment would have been more than enough.

IMO, it was a big gaffe on Heather's part to deny Tamra's (extraordinarily gauche) reference to Terry's spray tan. So he's tan, but it's not a spray tan. Ergo, it's a real tan. Ergo, the good doctor is inviting dangerous rays and free radicals into his body. And it's on this doctor's authority that we're supposed to believe in a product that combats age and wrinkles?

What's next, David Beador as the spokesperson for a product that ensures conflict-free marriage? Finger-lickin-chickin Jim Edmonds extolling the virtues of a vegan diet?

• Love 16

Brooks kept saying that the "mass" referred to in the report was an "inflammation."

I never went to medical school but an "inflammation" can't possibly be confused with a cancerous tumor.

Lymphoma, the lymph nodes swell. My MIL had NHL and died 20 years ago. Lymphoma can effect the body anywhere and everywhere and one of the main signs is swelling or inflammation of the lymph nodes. Same thing I can deal with as an AIDS patent. Lymphoma is common in AIDS patients. My lymph nodes are alse regularly checked for inflammation. He likely has inflamation and tumors, like my MIL had

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 11

ALL that attention paid to hawking the skin care line was boring. One segment would have been more than enough.

IMO, it was a big gaffe on Heather's part to deny Tamra's (extraordinarily gauche) reference to Terry's spray tan. So he's tan, but it's not a spray tan. Ergo, it's a real tan. Ergo, the good doctor is inviting dangerous rays and free radicals into his body. And it's on this doctor's authority that we're supposed to believe in a product that combats age and wrinkles?

What's next, David Beador as the spokesperson for a product that ensures conflict-free marriage? Finger-lickin-chickin Jim Edmonds extolling the virtues of a vegan diet?

That's a good point about the tan!

I did think it was funny that as good an actress as Heather thinks she is, she could barely hide her annoyance with the crank call.  

• Love 8

I know I've posed this question before, but who is paying all of these medical bills?  I wonder if insurance would even cover this new treatment. 

Just kidding, it's probably Vicki -

All's I know is that a friend of mine is in the initial stages of conventional chemo and he and his wife are already worried about expenses.  He has a good job and a good insurance policy.  But they're still nervous.

Brooks doesn't have a job (except for whatever he gets paid by Bravo) - or am I missing something?

• Love 5

The thing that gets me about that medical report is how it's written/typed. All the words running together? It says "ClinicaHi istory" and "thereisalargemasssurrounging..." "thespleenisnormalinsize" what kind of document would you get from your doctor that was written like that?

To me, the doctor visit came across as entirely fake. Everyone playing their parts, but none of it seemed believable to me. And the fact that Vicki and Brooks went to such trouble to have their visit aired and then showed the 'report' to Tamra on screen to me screams of lying and trying to cover their tails. And though I agree it's no one's business, V&B have put this out there on the show and have made it part of Vicki's 'story' for this year. Yes HIPAA is very important but it was Brooks who brought out the doctor's report. 

Regarding Ryan's house, just how is he going to pay the $4000 rent every month when neither he nor his fiancee is working? So Tamra giving him money was a one-time thing? I think Eddy will need to start counting the pennies.

• Love 22

Lymphoma, the lymph nodes swell. My MIL had NHL and died 20 years ago. Lymphoma can effect the body anywhere and everywhere and one of the main signs is swelling or inflammation of the lymph nodes. Same thing I can deal with as an AIDS patent. Lymphoma is common in AIDS patients. My lymph nodes are alse regularly checked for inflammation. He likely has inflamation and tumors, like my MIL had

Brooks claims the "mass" is inflammation, he has never claimed to have any "tumors" that I have heard/read to date.

• Love 4

This whole storyline is gross, but the reason the report reads so weird is because it's the physicians report. It's dictated and auto translated by a software program. I've done the same thing (not a doctor, though, so no clue about any of the rest of it). Funny that they're arguing about who would best know how to interpret it. None of them?

I did not know that. So they just give these hard-to-read reports to patients? Or is it meant to be just for the physician? Nothing to do with the Brooks' story, just curious. 

It was pretty funny when Tamra was trying to interpret it.

• Love 2

This whole storyline is gross, but the reason the report reads so weird is because it's the physicians report. It's dictated and auto translated by a software program. I've done the same thing (not a doctor, though, so no clue about any of the rest of it). There's no reason for the physician to go back and edit it - he/she understands what it means. Funny that they're arguing about who would best know how to interpret it. None of them?

The software used to transcribe medical reports is designed to recognize medical terminology and type it correctly. I have never seen a medical report so badly/poorly written.

• Love 13

The thing that gets me about that medical report is how it's written/typed. All the words running together? It says "ClinicaHi istory" and "thereisalargemasssurrounging..." "thespleenisnormalinsize" what kind of document would you get from your doctor that was written like that?

To me, the doctor visit came across as entirely fake. Everyone playing their parts, but none of it seemed believable to me. And the fact that Vicki and Brooks went to such trouble to have their visit aired and then showed the 'report' to Tamra on screen to me screams of lying and trying to cover their tails. And though I agree it's no one's business, V&B have put this out there on the show and have made it part of Vicki's 'story' for this year. Yes HIPAA is very important but it was Brooks who brought out the doctor's report. 

Regarding Ryan's house, just how is he going to pay the $4000 rent every month when neither he nor his fiancee is working? So Tamra giving him money was a one-time thing? I think Eddy will need to start counting the pennies.

Exactly, anyone can show their own medical records, its up to them so no law or regulations were broken.

Heather Dubrow also said on WWHL tonight that Terry also looked at the "mockument" and said he had never seen a report like that. All the words mushed together and misspellings.  He said the person who typed it would of been fired.    And......you would think it would of been corrected before being sent to the doctor.    The doctor would of insisted it had to be fixed at the very least.

• Love 14

I've heard my husband (who is a physician) ramble off dictation over the phone. I don't know how anyone or any software could understand what he said. However,I still think something hinky (tm Heather) is going on, and I'm bored to tears with it.

How many episodes are left?

• Love 5

I did not know that. So they just give these hard-to-read reports to patients? Or is it meant to be just for the physician? Nothing to do with the Brooks' story, just curious. 

It was pretty funny when Tamra was trying to interpret it.

The next document that Tamra will be trying to interpret will be a Pay Rent or Quit notice for her lease for her son and family.
  • Love 17

I don't know anything about how/if the report would be given to a patient like that and didn't mean to imply that I am a dr or an rn. I worked in a scientific field, sometimes with doctors, and our very good software wasn't sophisticated enough/calibrated to correct unusual words or account for unusual speech patterns. If I read several words in quick succession, they were displayed as one run-on sentence. It wasn't corrected because it served as a record and defeats the purpose of having the software in the first place. That's all I know...it just didn't seem strange to me.

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 8

Heathers comments don't bode well for Brooks. I think she doesn't buy what Brooks & Vicki are selling.

That's putting it mildly. As others noted, she called Brooks' medical document a "mockument." I think she (or they) are going to go after Vicki hard at the reunion.

Vicki and Brooks calling Tamra for that meeting was total manipulation. It wasn't just that she doesn't have a medical background or knowledge, but how her friendship with Vicki is always up-and-down, so more than anything, Vicki was using that to manipulate Tamra into fighting her battle and shutting this down. And Vicki is just so transparent about this, saying "you need to be my warrior. You need to shut this down, and say it with conviction.. I'd do the same for you..."

It was gross to watch. Good for Tamra for questioning the whole thing, and asking why it was so badly written, not to mention asking why they wouldn't show it to everyone. Notice they had no answers for that. I'm glad Tamra knew she was being used as a pawn.

If they really wanted to prove a cancer diagnosis, all they had to do was show a real report to Terry - a real doctor. Heather is friends with Vicki, and showed genuine concern for her in last week's episode. And Brooks and Terry seemed friendly with each other, so why not? Why show Tamra instead? Why indeed.

• Love 22

I believe it.  Have you seen their written prescriptions?  LOL!  I'm just joking but I have had some really poorly typed reports mailed to me by my doctor's office.  Some doctor's offices have pretty poor help.  My doctor's assistant looks to be all of 70 years old and misspells everything, but she's been with him for years and he seems ok with her work.  Not all doctor's offices are high tech unfortunately.

• Love 5

Well, if Meghan and Cherrio are correct, then the "report was doctored in some way because the Imaging center does not do CT/PET scans and hasn't since 2008. Does anyone else in the OC area know if what they said is true? That would end the question about this report being legit in a big way if the center does NOT do CT/PET scans.

Interesting, too, that tonight on WWHL, Heather referred to the papers shown to Tamra as "mockuments" instead of documents.  

I'm so over all of this already, I don't even want to discuss it.  Only time will tell whether the man has cancer or not.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8