Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

Are you saying that the only people that have ever survived cancer used conventional medical treatment? No one else beat cancer unless they went to the good ole docs in the USA? Surely that can't be what you are saying. I'm not going to go OT and post info to the contrary, Google is your friend. There is much to read.

I don't believe anyone using alternative medicine can be or has been cured of cancer. Doctors in Europe and other westernized countries can and do treat cancer sucessfully but when that doesn't work those who can afford it come to the USA because our medical system and treatments are more advance. Look it up - Google is your friend, lol. The one that comes to mind first for me, being a huge Beatles fan, is when Paul McCartney brough his late wife here for end stage breast cancer treatment. Unfortunately it was too late for her. Shah of Iran anyone? Look what his coming here for treatment caused. As for me, I am certainly glad that when my husband, sister, and other family member were diagnosed with cancer they didn't waste valuable time joining Club Detox or using other unproven questionable methods to treat it. I won't waste my time Googling and reading about alternative, IMO, hooey as I would never go that route and believe the studies are not legit nor objective. JMO.

I'm pretty sure they didn't claim the product will cure cancer.

I did not say they "claimed" I said they were attempting to insinuate. They didn't cross that fine line of making an outright claim, but it's obvious to ME that is/was the purpose of their storyline: Brooks has cancer-Brooks uses Club Detox-Brooks is CURED!!!  Holy Mary it's a miracle - Or maybe it was the Club Detox-You the viewer decide.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 3

But, the same Dr. that Brooks claimed "cured" his NHL with resveratrol IS the very same Dr. that we saw him,Vicki and Detox woman go to. It is the very same Dr. that Heather said she went to for failed cellulitis treatments. So, YES at least for me, Brooks did give the impression that he was going to go to this specific Dr., which is exactly what he did do. YMMV

I disagree, Brooks just shared with the HW about someone prominent that had success with resveratrol. I think he was trying to show that the treatment wasn't all that crazy by giving the doctor as an example. And just because the doctor's practice is treating cellulite doesn't mean he can't do research about his own cancer and try unorthodox treatment. Why Heather would assume that the doctor was going to start giving resveratrol treatments was ridiculous.

• Love 3

You're right about Shannon immediately forgiving Meghan.  Definitely suspect.

You know, if it's scripted to that extreme, they should just turn it into it into a fully scripted show.  I always knew they manipulated situations, but that would suck if they truly go that far.  :(

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know how much manipulation is done outright and how much is "suggested."   I think any HW who wants to keep her job willingly or unwillingly will follow those suggestions and often take it to the extreme.

Why Heather would assume that the doctor was going to start giving resveratrol treatments was ridiculous.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm pretty sure that Brooks said he was going to start resveratrol treatments when they were at CUT Fitness.  

In the begining of the season, Meghan was not a FH, she was in competition for the position with Katie and to give herself an edge, she went at Shannon hard. This is why production had 2 women vying for 1 full HW slot, to create drama/conflict right off the bat and the one that achieves that normally gets the job.

As for Meghan's overzealous pursuit of Truth and Justice concerning Brooks........that is all on her.

That falls right in line with the article I posted yesterday about HW's contracts being only eight weeks.  I doubt they do that to all the HWs but I'd believe it about the new or "iffy" ones.

• Love 5

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever know how much manipulation is done outright and how much is "suggested."   I think any HW who wants to keep her job willingly or unwillingly will follow those suggestions and often take it to the extreme.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm pretty sure that Brooks said he was going to start resveratrol treatments when they were at CUT Fitness.  

I believe you are correct, Anna. I also clearly heard him say he was starting resveratrol treatments.

• Love 4

I believe you are correct, Anna. I also clearly heard him say he was starting resveratrol treatments.

Thank you.  I thought so too but my memory isn't what it used to be so I sometimes doubt myself.  LOL

• Love 3

What I really find sad is that those characters on the soap operas of old were narcissistic assholes, but their lines and over the top actions portrayed exaggerated, dramatic fictional characters. They were selfish, cutthroat, and couldn't care less about anyone but themselves.

Unfortunately, these HWs are no different, even without a script. Greed and self-promotion are king, and the goal is to cash in on anything and everything they can. Friendship? What's that? (There are a few exceptions, of course, but this is all just my humble opinion) Even more sad is that they are becoming a fairly accurate representation of our society as a whole, which is on a downhill slide that is picking up speed by the minute - thanks, in part, to the monster that is social media. It's "every man for himself" and it absolutely breaks my heart.

What happened to the early days, when one of the main draws of shows like this were the connections between people? I guess this "show" and the motivation to remain on it have changed the women, but beyond that is the fact that the majority of what Bravo chooses to show us is idiotic high school crap and it's insulting. I'd much rather see women with whom we can identify, if in no other way than the fact that they are caring, feeling human beings, trying to navigate their way through life together, rather than in competition with one another? We definitely don't see that with this group. Very sad.

Ok enough out of Debbie Downer for the day. Down with assholes!!

I thought the same thing until I saw Heather on WWHL say that there is way more to the cancer/notcancer story and baically that we should continue to watch, because when it all comes out, it's going to be "epic". I'm hopeful that we'll know what actually went down for the first time EVAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

ITA since adding the "drama contract" and "8 week HW contract" stipulations the pressure is on that in order to keep their jobs they must bring on the drama. Years ago infidelity, divorce or cancer may have been easier to hide from the reality show formate. Today to keep their jobs it becomes a necessity to find something for viewers to focus on. Heather and Terry brought on the leeches for drama. Meghan making phone calls regarding Brooks' cancer treatment, Vicki buying her daughter a car and making her boyfriend's cancer her storyline. Shannon with her husband's infidelity and allowing the children's participation in their marriage reconciliation. Tamra with her come to Jesus moment and son's girlfriend with three starving kids going on a 9-hour trip.

In the past these ladies may never have thought to make their life focus on such negative issues. On the HW these have become the norm. They're are the kinds of things that bring ratings success and fill the pockets of BRAVO executives, Andy Cohen and NBC Universal. In addition, there's the media stories, forums and face book pages filled with the latest HW information/discussions which results in increased advertising revenue and more shekels. The HW shows have many revenue resources dependent on them.

By the way, if a HW swings the pendulum too far like Brandi Glanville she's fired. Neither cast mates or viewers considered her high drama within the perceived area of acceptability. Has Vicki, Tamra and Meghan gone beyond the acceptability drama zone...probably not. Has Lizzy underwhelmed in the drama zone...yes, and she may have been fired before the reunion show began filming.

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I disagree, Brooks just shared with the HW about someone prominent that had success with resveratrol. I think he was trying to show that the treatment wasn't all that crazy by giving the doctor as an example. And just because the doctor's practice is treating cellulite doesn't mean he can't do research about his own cancer and try unorthodox treatment. Why Heather would assume that the doctor was going to start giving resveratrol treatments was ridiculous.

Actually, he was specific about the Dr., saying his name and that the Dr. "cured himself of NHL using resverartrol" and that Heather might know him (the Dr). His words, not mine. He didn't say he was thinking about starting the resveratrol treatments, he said that he was stopping chemo against his oncologist's advice so that he could do the resveratrol treatment when they were all at CUT. THIS is what started Meghan, Shannon and Heather questioning him/Vicki and his story. This is where, IMO, Brooks story took a giant leap into the land of doubt. Tamra/Eddie, were already questioning the cancer story.

Brooks did say that at CUT and this is when everyone, except Tamra/Eddie, start talking and comparing notes as to what they have each been told by Brooks/Vicki because they don't think things are adding up to the truth.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6

I bet Meghan PI thinks Steve Jobs faked his cancer too.

"According to Steve Jobs’ biographer, Walter Isaacson, the Apple mastermind eventually came to regret the decision he had made years earlier to reject potentially life-saving surgery in favor of alternative treatments like acupuncture, dietary supplements and juices. Though he ultimately embraced the surgery and sought out cutting-edge experimental methods, they were not enough to save him."

If only Meghan PI, Bravo, and the rest of the RHOC housewives were around to intrude into Steve Jobs' private life and directly control his personal medical decisions, he might still be around to question.

I smell a conspiracy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2011/10/24/steve-jobs-cancer-treatment-regrets/

• Love 2

I bet Meghan PI thinks Steve Jobs faked his cancer too.

"According to Steve Jobs’ biographer, Walter Isaacson, the Apple mastermind eventually came to regret the decision he had made years earlier to reject potentially life-saving surgery in favor of alternative treatments like acupuncture, dietary supplements and juices. Though he ultimately embraced the surgery and sought out cutting-edge experimental methods, they were not enough to save him."

If only Meghan PI, Bravo, and the rest of the RHOC housewives were around to intrude into Steve Jobs' private life and directly control his personal medical decisions, he might still be around to question.

I smell a conspiracy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2011/10/24/steve-jobs-cancer-treatment-regrets/

What a sad story. My aunt died at 42-years old of pancreatic cancer. They did the surgery, but as the article mentioned it works on 5% of the type of pancreatic cancer. Though Jobs had the 5% type of cancer it worked on. So sad for his family.

• Love 3

Here's what Brooks said.  He was pausing chemo and was taking a new blast of antioxidants.  And then he said to Heather that she might know the doctor.  It's the second video down:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-we-are-both-experiencing

Thanks.  That's the one.

Resveratrol is an antioxidant found in red wine (and grapes)

Brooks said he was going to start that treatment tomorrow.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

On a serious note, it is a shame he didn't listen to those around him who begged him to get traditional treatments rather than the alternative crap that did nothing. At least he would have had a shot. Such a shame that his brilliant mind is no longer with us. I know he was supposedly a real asshole but look how his genuis has changed our lives, the world!

• Love 4

Yes I do. I also think that's why Shannon did a 180 on Meghan in the second half of the season. We all know that Shannon doesn't get over anything easily or quickly but that tendency was absent with Meghan.

Sadly, I think a lot was either happening off camera, or they passed notes. Something happened and they've seemingly cleared the air.

• Love 4

Maybe production let Shannon know that they gave Meg Shannon's 'private' cell phone number and Shannon realized that her reaction was a bit over the top (which I thought it was).  I also think that Shannon was having a hard time understanding Brook's (and Vicks support of) finding alternative treatment after Shannon went to the trouble of getting Brook's top medical care which he didn't take advantage of. 

• Love 6

Here's what Brooks said.  He was pausing chemo and was taking a new blast of antioxidants.  And then he said to Heather that she might know the doctor.  It's the second video down:

http://www.bravotv.c...th-experiencing

Just watched the video clip and OMG I so badly want a piece of that cake right now!! It looks sooo good. I didn't notice it when I watched the show.

I wonder what Vicki thought when she watched the show and saw Eddie saying "bullshit" when Tamra was talking on the phone to Vicki about Brooks cancer on the first episode.I also wonder if production skewered the timeline and that conversation was way later, after the others were doubting their cancer story. Otherwise why would Eddie have said that so early on?

Who is this Katie that was in competition with Megan for full status HW? I don't even remember her! Did she have any storyline?

• Love 2

Just watched the video clip and OMG I so badly want a piece of that cake right now!! It looks sooo good. I didn't notice it when I watched the show.

I wonder what Vicki thought when she watched the show and saw Eddie saying "bullshit" when Tamra was talking on the phone to Vicki about Brooks cancer on the first episode.I also wonder if production skewered the timeline and that conversation was way later, after the others were doubting their cancer story. Otherwise why would Eddie have said that so early on?

Who is this Katie that was in competition with Megan for full status HW? I don't even remember her! Did she have any storyline?

I don't think Katie was in competition with Megan. She dropped out for other reasons so there was never much of a storyline for her. There was behind the scenes but Bravo didn't use it.

www.realitytea.com/2015/03/10/new-real-housewives-of-orange-county...

• Love 3

I don't think Katie was in competition with Megan. She dropped out for other reasons so there was never much of a storyline for her. There was behind the scenes but Bravo didn't use it.

Thanks Almost! I thought my memory was going for a minute there as I didn't remember a storyline with a Katie! Seeing her photo I do think I remember seeing her in the background, maybe at Heather's "museum" tour and luncheon.

• Love 1

I'm glad they let Katie disappear even if that might have been the most interesting if sad story. Divorce, rehab, affairs and cancer would have been just to dark. Who knew that leaches and tours with luggage closets would be the bright spots. This is turning out to be a lousy season and while I'll see it through I'm probably out like I already am with NJ and ATL.

• Love 6
Absolutely.  Meghan saw the weakest one in the herd and took her shot.  I

If Production gave Meghan the phone number and suggested she call Shannon, I can't see that she "took her shot" at the weakest one in the herd.  Maybe Production wanted that shot made...but I don't consider that Meghan was in charge in that instance.

• Love 4

He did say at Cut that he was going to start resveratrol. He also told the HW about the doctor that had successful results from using resveratrol. What he never said was THAT doctor was going to be the one treating him with resveratrol.
  • Love 2

Brooks never said he was going to be treated by that doctor. He just shared with the HW the doctor's success with resveratrol. I don't think it was clear to us, the viewers, who exactly was treating him with the resveratrol. Naturopaths are not quacks, they believe in healing with nutrients, foods and diet as medicine for first line of defense. Unfortunately they do tend to push their own supplements.

I think Brooks threatening to sue Meghan is stupid. My guess is all the stir about this story is getting to him. I don't blame him for being pissed at Meghan, but I can't see it going anywhere.

I believe it is the same doctor from what Heather has said. The doctor we saw treating Brooks has since shut down his practice,  I fully support NDs and especially those that recognize some things cannot be cured with supplements.

As long as Brooks keeps making a fuss he gets publicity.  There is no cause of action for crossing boundaries, even an appalling disregard for boundaries. 

• Love 1

Maybe production let Shannon know that they gave Meg Shannon's 'private' cell phone number and Shannon realized that her reaction was a bit over the top (which I thought it was).  I also think that Shannon was having a hard time understanding Brook's (and Vicks support of) finding alternative treatment after Shannon went to the trouble of getting Brook's top medical care which he didn't take advantage of. 

Originally, Meghan lied about who she got the phone number form and then taunted Shannon for Shannon wanting to protect her cell phone number.  Had Meghan been truthful and mentioned a production member's name, perhaps it would have had a different result. The woman whose name was mentioned to Shannon is someone she had met once. 

I got the impression Shannon was told something stupid (two flat tires) which would indicate Brooks would be rescheduling. he gave an interview and indicated he would be, mentioning Shannon by name. Instead Vicki got snotty about Brooks having his own team of doctors and Shannon not being an oncologist.  I think it would have come off better had Vicki just thanked Shannon and said Brooks changed his mind.  By saying Shannon's doctors aren't the cure all-hmmm it will be unfortunate if Brooks not exploring the option passed a chance for effective treatment.

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure they didn't claim the product will cure cancer. C'mon, really? As I mentioned, I don't plan to buy their cleanses, but there are many people out there that buy cleanses. I don't see that big a deal with some juice cleanses, if people don't want them, they won't buy them. If you are trying to save all the naive people out there from parting with their money, you may want to get a mask and cape, It's going to be a job for a super hero. :-)

Quick-- Call Megan......Defender of truth, justice and the american way! Because inn her entire 30 years she's NEVER heard of someone using alternative or natural medicine therefore it's a scam. And WHEN did they say they cleanse cures cancer? Oh right, never. Lord Yolanda on RHOBH is constantly doing cleanses and she has something or other and no ones screaming bloody murder about that. Whether you accept eastern medicine or not it's still a persons right to choose whatever treatment they want and no one else s business how they choose to treat or nor not treat their disease.

E.T.A.  Even if they are on TV!

• Love 5

I believe it is the same doctor from what Heather has said. The doctor we saw treating Brooks has since shut down his practice,  I fully support NDs and especially those that recognize some things cannot be cured with supplements.

As long as Brooks keeps making a fuss he gets publicity.  There is no cause of action for crossing boundaries, even an appalling disregard for boundaries.

The doctor that supposedly used resveratrol to treat his NHL IS the same cellulite doctor that Heather spoke of. My point IS that Brooks never said that doctor was going to treat HIS (Brooks') cancer. He just used the doctor as an example of someone that got positive results from using resveratrol to treat NHL.
  • Love 2

I'm glad they let Katie disappear even if that might have been the most interesting if sad story. Divorce, rehab, affairs and cancer would have been just to dark. Who knew that leaches and tours with luggage closets would be the bright spots. This is turning out to be a lousy season and while I'll see it through I'm probably out like I already am with NJ and ATL.

If the condition of Meghan's body is any indication, I think Bravo may have covered famine this season too.

• Love 2

There was only 1 full time HW slot open and both Katie and Meghan were looking to get that single Orange. Katie dropped out so Meghan got the Orange by default because Katie quit the show. Who knows what Katie would have said/done had she stayed or even what production cut from the footage because she left early in filming.

If you remember back to the private airplane flight to Heathers "Champs" party/launch, there was tension between Meghan and Katie. Katie was set up as Tamra's buddy and religious mentor early, that is until she left the show. IMO, Katie was to spear head Tamra's "redemption" leading her to Baptisim as a main storyine/arc this season until she left and we are now stuck with"cancergate" because of it. JMO

• Love 2

There was only 1 full time HW slot open and both Katie and Meghan were looking to get that single Orange. Katie dropped out so Meghan got the Orange by default because Katie quit the show. Who knows what Katie would have said/done had she stayed or even what production cut from the footage because she left early in filming.

If you remember back to the private airplane flight to Heathers "Champs" party/launch, there was tension between Meghan and Katie. Katie was set up as Tamra's buddy and religious mentor early, that is until she left the show. IMO, Katie was to spear head Tamra's "redemption" leading her to Baptisim as a main storyine/arc this season until she left and we are now stuck with"cancergate" because of it. JMO

Not doubting you ( well maybe;^) but with a cast of only 6 which is small to begin with why would tptb make it death match to only 5? Brutal if true and they seen to being having a hard time getting quality wives so why would anyone good sign up for that torture? Where did this info come from?

• Love 3

Vicki and Brooks are morally reprehensible for even insinuating the crap they are hawking has a chance in hell of curing cancer.

People advocate for hollistic medicines ALL THE TIME to treat all things including life threatening illnesses so I don't get why it's so scandalous that Vicki and Brooks give positive reviews to something that they feel is beneficial to overall health. So far it looks like they are expressing how pleased they were with the product. I would bet that anyone who is doing research for their own health reasons would be able to see what the product claims to help, what the benefits are etc. and make decisions based on what the product is claiming to do vs. what they need in terms of health care. It's all about the advertising. If they are blantanly saying their product officially beats cancer that's one thing but if it's just advocating a way to get your body in it's best state to fight illnesses and health issues that's another. Just like a lot of products out there, it's about claiming that it can help put your best foot forward and be prepared, not that it's the cure all. And I'm not even sure the product even claims more than just clean living for the body, detox and overall wellness.

• Love 3

Sorry.

Unless the following criteria are met, I cannot believe you and will be forced to conclude you are running some sort of pyramid scheme.

1. Meghan PI must have witnessed and personally verified the actual bursting of said appendix mid-burst.

2. Meghan PI must have personally witnessed and verified you not accompanying your ex to said Dr. appointments.

3. Said barf must have undergone a rigorous identification process personally overseen by Meghan PI. I hesitate to even use the word barf here since I don't know it was actual barf that came out of your mouth.

4. You must submit to a 48 hour minimum interrogation administered by Tammy Sue Waddle Vieth Barney Judge TBD TBD etc. etc. without sleep. Your only nourishment will be cake and Sake.

5. You must produce All of your medical records and they must be available on a minimum of 50 billboards in all 50 states and territories, mistake free. Your records must have been proofread for spelling and grammar by Heather Dubrow.

6. All of the above must be verified by psychic Scott Cruz.

This is awesome! LOL

• Love 1

The Importance of Privacy

There are a variety of reasons for placing a high value on protecting the privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information (reviewed by Pritts, 2008). Some theorists depict privacy as a basic human good or right with intrinsic value (Fried, 1968; Moore, 2005; NRC, 2007a; Terry and Francis, 2007). They see privacy as being objectively valuable in itself, as an essential component of human well-being. They believe that respecting privacy (and autonomy) is a form of recognition of the attributes that give humans their moral uniqueness.

The more common view is that privacy is valuable because it facilitates or promotes other fundamental values, including ideals of personhood (Bloustein, 1967; Gavison, 1980; Post, 2001; Solove, 2006; Taylor, 1989; Westin, 1966) such as:

Personal autonomy (the ability to make personal decisions)

Individuality

Respect

Dignity and worth as human beings

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK9579/

But didn't you know ALL of that is waived once you're on reality tv.

I mean, I get it, can't go on reality tv without opening that door and relinqueshing privacy but honestly? Just because you've chosen to share some of your life you are no longer ALLOWED to still try and keep some of it private? I don't get that part. That you can't be in control of how much of it you share and when you can limit the amount of information you feel like sharing somehow YOU'RE wrong and people are telling you you can't do that? I mean, basically, reality show or not people can share or not share whatever the hell they want. Sure the contract puts certain requirements on them but Jeez Louise, that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to be outraged at DISRESPECT. You start a conversation that goes south and you can't complain that the other party took it to a immature place but oh no, can't react to it or be dismayed by it because you initiated the conversation? I mean seriously. An interaction or conversation goes sour people have the right to be less than pleased with the outcome. Being on a reality show doesn't negate the right to feel put off with unnecesarry bullshit. It just doesn't and I'm sick of that being the explanation to all things inappropriate that occur on reality shows. I like some sort of balance and I'm so annoyed that these shows have one stupid recipe which is Season starts, pick a target, commence witchhunt, reunion, next franchise season starts. Wash, rinse, repeat. To be quite honest it really is an insult to the viewers intellegence however we do lap it up so I guess it is what it is.

• Love 5

Not doubting you ( well maybe;^) but with a cast of only 6 which is small to begin with why would tptb make it death match to only 5? Brutal if true and they seen to being having a hard time getting quality wives so why would anyone good sign up for that torture? Where did this info come from?

It was reported in several blogs before the season aired. I wouldn't call it a "death match", LOL, 1 would get the FT position with an Orange and 1 would become FoH without an Orange but production doesn't tell them who is FT/FoH untill they see who brings it. It is 1 way that production can get the newbies to bring the desired drama to the show instead of sitting back and getting to know the others first, afterall, Drama is the name of the HW game. Bottom line with Bravo....Drama = higher ratings = more add time sold = more money for Bravo.

• Love 3

Katie Hamilton was slated as a fulltime RH, there was no competition.  Two things happened her husband got traded to the Rangers after a drug use relapse, and all of the Angels fans loathe him, he filed for divorce out of the blue and alleged Katie was having an affair (she vehemently denies the allegation).  I am guessing she did not want to film any longer due to the circumstances.  Katie is a devout Christian who I believe was going to be a spiritual guide for Tamra.  It is another woman married to a highly successful man (Josh contract still has $85 million left on it).  So essentially she was left to fight unhappy Angels' fans, a drug using husband and father of her children and bring accused of adultery.  If pay rumors are correct it hardly seems worth the $150,000.00 rookie year pay.  The OC house is on the market.

She and Josh also lived next door to the new Dubrow mansion.

It was reported in several blogs before the season aired. I wouldn't call it a "death match", LOL, 1 would get the FT position with an Orange and 1 would become FoH without an Orange but production doesn't tell them who is FT/FoH untill they see who brings it. It is 1 way that production can get the newbies to bring the desired drama to the show instead of sitting back and getting to know the others first, afterall, Drama is the name of the HW game. Bottom line with Bravo....Drama = higher ratings = more add time sold = more money for Bravo.

It is the same with all the RH, exhibit A-Lizzie.  They pay them and then decide if their storylines are sufficient enough to keep them on the roster.  I could see the Vicki being demoted next year if she has no storyline.  No one wants to watch her sell insurance or pimp her new MLM clothing line.  As Porsha Williams declared-she really didn't care if she was holding a peach-she got paid for full-time. 

Katie took it all in stride-http://www.inquisitr.com/2176975/katie-hamilton-speaks-out-amid-rhoc-season-10/ Damn that hairdo alone was plenty snarkworthy. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

But didn't you know ALL of that is waived once you're on reality tv.

I mean, I get it, can't go on reality tv without opening that door and relinqueshing privacy but honestly? Just because you've chosen to share some of your life you are no longer ALLOWED to still try and keep some of it private? I don't get that part. That you can't be in control of how much of it you share and when you can limit the amount of information you feel like sharing somehow YOU'RE wrong and people are telling you you can't do that? I mean, basically, reality show or not people can share or not share whatever the hell they want. Sure the contract puts certain requirements on them but Jeez Louise, that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to be outraged at DISRESPECT. You start a conversation that goes south and you can't complain that the other party took it to a immature place but oh no, can't react to it or be dismayed by it because you initiated the conversation? I mean seriously. An interaction or conversation goes sour people have the right to be less than pleased with the outcome. Being on a reality show doesn't negate the right to feel put off with unnecesarry bullshit. It just doesn't and I'm sick of that being the explanation to all things inappropriate that occur on reality shows. I like some sort of balance and I'm so annoyed that these shows have one stupid recipe which is Season starts, pick a target, commence witchhunt, reunion, next franchise season starts. Wash, rinse, repeat. To be quite honest it really is an insult to the viewers intellegence however we do lap it up so I guess it is what it is.

Brooks was not forced to talk about his NHL/cancer, he chose to. He did so knowing how production has shown him in the past. They could have simply kept their mouths closed and not talked about it at all on camera or just mentioned he was battling it without going into treatment detail but they chose to make it their joint storyline. Has Meghan gone OTT, YES she has but the others not so much IMO.

I do agree that all of the HW shows follow the same show format now, very little seems to flow organically anymore, which is sad.

• Love 2

What if they hawked the hell out of Club Detox and Bravo just didn't show more? And what if Vicki just misspoke when she talked about which appointments she attended? People misspeak ALL THE TIME and usually when you correct them they say "oh yeah, that's what I meant". It's not RARE and to hang everything on verbatim dialogue just seems like such a huge stretch. So what, that they were going to try to make some money with Club Detox. They never claimed (that we saw) that it cured cancer. I don't see how it's any different than hawking wrinkle remover cream.

When you pick apart every single thing it always turns up more non-issues that seem like relevant discrepancies. I bet if you went through one whole day extra aware of the nuanses within basic communication you can come up with a million examples of how many inaccuracies occur in certain dialogues. We just take them in stride and adjust our thinking or accept corrections at face value, we don't automatically reflect back into a conversation we had a few days before, or a different conversation with someone else all together and start weaving a sweater of deceit that's needs unveiling. Even if we think something is off. It's just so ridiculous to justify these women with their antics.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Originally, Meghan lied about who she got the phone number form and then taunted Shannon for Shannon wanting to protect her cell phone number.  Had Meghan been truthful and mentioned a production member's name, perhaps it would have had a different result. The woman whose name was mentioned to Shannon is someone she had met once. 

I got the impression Shannon was told something stupid (two flat tires) which would indicate Brooks would be rescheduling. he gave an interview and indicated he would be, mentioning Shannon by name. Instead Vicki got snotty about Brooks having his own team of doctors and Shannon not being an oncologist.  I think it would have come off better had Vicki just thanked Shannon and said Brooks changed his mind.  By saying Shannon's doctors aren't the cure all-hmmm it will be unfortunate if Brooks not exploring the option passed a chance for effective treatment.

I am not doubting your info, but I have a question.  On this episode Vicki claimed that she never called Shannon and asked for help. So, now it seems that there is one more conflicting (lie) that Brooks/Vicki have told regarding Shannon and the doctors appt.

• Love 2

Brooks never said he was going to be treated by that doctor. He just shared with the HW the doctor's success with resveratrol. I don't think it was clear to us, the viewers, who exactly was treating him with the resveratrol. Naturopaths are not quacks, they believe in healing with nutrients, foods and diet as medicine for first line of defense. Unfortunately they do tend to push their own supplements.

I think Brooks threatening to sue Meghan is stupid. My guess is all the stir about this story is getting to him. I don't blame him for being pissed at Meghan, but I can't see it going anywhere.

Agreed. Also, Is Club Detox connected with Resveratrol? The one comment was about the Resveratrol being beneficial for whoever Brooks was referring to. The club detox stuff he was doing for whatever health benefits he felt would provide him in his battle with cancer. Vick and Brooks are a fan of Club Detox and publicly say as much. So I don't see how what they are doing is wrong.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

Katie Hamilton was slated as a fulltime RH, there was no competition.  Two things happened her husband got traded to the Rangers after a drug use relapse, and all of the Angels fans loathe him, he filed for divorce out of the blue and alleged Katie was having an affair (she vehemently denies the allegation).  I am guessing she did not want to film any longer due to the circumstances.  Katie is a devout Christian who I believe was going to be a spiritual guide for Tamra.  It is another woman married to a highly successful man (Josh contract still has $85 million left on it).  So essentially she was left to fight unhappy Angels' fans, a drug using husband and father of her children and bring accused of adultery.  If pay rumors are correct it hardly seems worth the $150,000.00 rookie year pay.  The OC house is on the market.

She and Josh also lived next door to the new Dubrow mansion.

It is the same with all the RH, exhibit A-Lizzie.  They pay them and then decide if their storylines are sufficient enough to keep them on the roster.  I could see the Vicki being demoted next year if she has no storyline.  No one wants to watch her sell insurance or pimp her new MLM clothing line.  As Porsha Williams declared-she really didn't care if she was holding a peach-she got paid for full-time. 

Katie took it all in stride-http://www.inquisitr.com/2176975/katie-hamilton-speaks-out-amid-rhoc-season-10/ Damn that hairdo alone was plenty snarkworthy. 

I don't think either Katie or Meghan were ever confirmed as Full HW before filming began or even after it started. As for Lizzie, I read where she was the one that wanted to be FOH because of her swimsuit line business taking/needing more of her time and that allowed very little time for filming, hence she was shown very little this season.

Agreed. Also, Is Club Detox connected with Resveratrol? The one comment was about the Resveratrol being beneficial for whoever Brooks was referring to. The club detox stuff he was doing for whatever health benefits he felt would provide him in his battle with cancer. Vick and Brooks are a fan of Club Detox and publicly say as much. So I don't see how what they are doing is wrong.

The resveratrol Dr. also supports Club Detox and Brooks has not gone into details about his resveratrol treatments. He has never said how much he took/dosage, how often nor how he took it (oral, SQ, IV, injection). In 1 of his last interviews he says that resveratrol was only part of his treatment plan, that he also did some sort of "sauna" treatment as well. He did make it sound like it was all holistic treatments with no Westeren/conventional medicine/treatment though, he was rather vague about exactly what he was doing treatment wise that brought about his "numbers" improving.

• Love 1

Brooks was not forced to talk about his NHL/cancer, he chose to. He did so knowing how production has shown him in the past. They could have simply kept their mouths closed and not talked about it at all on camera or just mentioned he was battling it without going into treatment detail but they chose to make it their joint storyline. Has Meghan gone OTT, YES she has but the others not so much IMO.

I do agree that all of the HW shows follow the same show format now, very little seems to flow organically anymore, which is sad.

But my point is he did talk about it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to his feelings when other people get DISRESPECTFUL in reaction to the information he DID share and treated like he has absolutely NO justification in some of his reactions just because he "opened that door" and is on "reality tv". That's just cucko kado to me.

• Love 3

So I am going to play producer for a minute, and here is Vicki with no apparent storyline other than a trip to Tahiti and the fake make up with Tamra in the first episode.  Brooks and Vicki have been disseminating  Brooks cancer, treatment and wallowing in the prayers and support.  All of a sudden Vicki said to me the producer-no cancer talk we are private people.  I would as the producer point out they put it into play on social media. .  Brooks and or Vicki could have said Brooks was dealing with an on going health problem. Oh but wait they had been giving interviews about his NHL.  So it really wasn't some grandiose sacrifice of Brooks to reveal his cancer on the show.  I think it was to get Brooks and appearance fee.  Many have said husbands and boyfriends don't get paid, but in this instance I am guessing Club Detox and Rula Lenska paid Brooks and endorsement fee with certain guarantees that it be featured on the show.  Vicki's Vodka had an appearance clause in her contract.

Now they are two plus months into shooting and they take the dreaded trip to Oklahoma.  Briana has all the personality of corpse in her delight of her mother's big gift the Tahoe.  So they are almost out of time and Briana knows she has to bring Brooks into the conversation.  Vicki makes just enough of a scene to ensure the cameras capture their discussion.  I mean really, if you didn't want it on camera wouldn't you walk away and just stop talking?  Oh no and Briana up the stakes with the Tahoe "buying her silence" no the Tahoe was to ensure Briana had a lot to say about Brooks.  Briana works in cancer and chemotherapy, even though it has been off the table since January.  Now we are back in California, Briana has no relationship with anyone and the old conversation wherein Tamra suggested she talk to Briana on Vicki's behalf regarding Brooks has been dredged up.  Briana was not close to Tamra-she saw her at the year end party at Heather's and was visibly appalled at the way Briana's husband treated Judy and then Briana treating Lydia. 

The problem with being a ten season veteran and allowing your adult children to repeatedly demean you on camera for 10 years is trying to make it believable.  Vicki and her daughter have hungry mouths to feed.

I am not doubting your info, but I have a question.  On this episode Vicki claimed that she never called Shannon and asked for help. So, now it seems that there is one more conflicting (lie) that Brooks/Vicki have told regarding Shannon and the doctors appt.

Another Vicki/Brooks different story.  Vicki initially when talking to Meghan said, "we didn't ask Shannon for help."  Brooks tried to clean it by saying, "she did it because she wanted to help me."  So Vicki made Shannon out to be a liar, where Brooks tried to soften it by indicating she did help.  I think Vicki is just so hellbent on shutting the subject down she does not want anyone talking about it-because she has no logical answers.

I think it comes down to Vicki was crying on her friend's shoulder about Brooks' diagnoses and Shannon either heard that as a request for help or assumed she was asking for help.  What is true is Brooks apparently took the information so either way Shannon was trying to help him. 

• Love 4

But my point is he did talk about it. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to his feelings when other people get DISRESPECTFUL in reaction to the information he DID share and treated like he has absolutely NO justification in some of his reactions just because he "opened that door" and is on "reality tv". That's just cucko kado to me.

No one was questioning Brooks at all until AFTER he informed everyone at CUT that he was quitting chemo to try an untested, nontraditional treatment instead. Until then, with the exception of Eddie (coughBScough  bit episode 1) and Tamra asking the psychic, no one was talking about his cancer. Brooks is the one that made it a topic of converstaion between the women at that point. Had he not done that, there woud be no "cancer gate" ruining this season. I have to ask myself why he did that and the only thing I can come up with is because he/Vicki needed a storyline that would keep her front and center on camera. Also, other than Meghan, NO ONE has been disrespectful to or about Brooks regarding his cancer.

So I am going to play producer for a minute, and here is Vicki with no apparent storyline other than a trip to Tahiti and the fake make up with Tamra in the first episode.  Brooks and Vicki have been disseminating  Brooks cancer, treatment and wallowing in the prayers and support.  All of a sudden Vicki said to me the producer-no cancer talk we are private people.  I would as the producer point out they put it into play on social media. .  Brooks and or Vicki could have said Brooks was dealing with an on going health problem. Oh but wait they had been giving interviews about his NHL.  So it really wasn't some grandiose sacrifice of Brooks to reveal his cancer on the show.  I think it was to get Brooks and appearance fee.  Many have said husbands and boyfriends don't get paid, but in this instance I am guessing Club Detox and Rula Lenska paid Brooks and endorsement fee with certain guarantees that it be featured on the show.  Vicki's Vodka had an appearance clause in her contract.

Now they are two plus months into shooting and they take the dreaded trip to Oklahoma.  Briana has all the personality of corpse in her delight of her mother's big gift the Tahoe.  So they are almost out of time and Briana knows she has to bring Brooks into the conversation.  Vicki makes just enough of a scene to ensure the cameras capture their discussion.  I mean really, if you didn't want it on camera wouldn't you walk away and just stop talking?  Oh no and Briana up the stakes with the Tahoe "buying her silence" no the Tahoe was to ensure Briana had a lot to say about Brooks.  Briana works in cancer and chemotherapy, even though it has been off the table since January.  Now we are back in California, Briana has no relationship with anyone and the old conversation wherein Tamra suggested she talk to Briana on Vicki's behalf regarding Brooks has been dredged up.  Briana was not close to Tamra-she saw her at the year end party at Heather's and was visibly appalled at the way Briana's husband treated Judy and then Briana treating Lydia. 

The problem with being a ten season veteran and allowing your adult children to repeatedly demean you on camera for 10 years is trying to make it believable.  Vicki and her daughter have hungry mouths to feed.

I don't think that Vicki or Brooks ever asked any producer they wanted to stop talking about his cancer. LOL IMO, she/they were desperate enough for a storyline, any storyline, that they used his illness.

• Love 5

I think resveratrol and Club Detox are two separate things. I also don't think the Naturopath they showed in the show is the same doctor that administered the resveratrol.

The resveratrol Dr. also supports Club Detox and Brooks has not gone into details about his resveratrol treatments. He has never said how much he took/dosage, how often nor how he took it (oral, SQ, IV, injection). In 1 of his last interviews he says that resveratrol was only part of his treatment plan, that he also did some sort of "sauna" treatment as well. He did make it sound like it was all holistic treatments with no Westeren/conventional medicine/treatment though, he was rather vague about exactly what he was doing treatment wise that brought about his "numbers" improving.

How do you know that? Was it on the show or in an article?
  • Love 1

I think resveratrol and Club Detox are two separate things. I also don't think the Naturopath they showed in the show is the same doctor that administered the resveratrol.

How do you know that? Was it on the show or in an article?

If you go to the Club Detox home page, click on "testimonials", and you will read what Dr. Z says about them. He is a supporter of this "Club".

• Love 3

If you go to the Club Detox home page, click on "testimonials", and you will read what Dr. Z says about them. He is a supporter of this "Club".

Thanks I'll do that. Does it state that Dr Z was in fact the doctor that administered the resveratrol?

• Love 1

Thanks I'll do that. Does it state that Dr Z was in fact the doctor that administered the resveratrol?

On the Detox site? No, only Brooks made that claim and Heather even chimed in on that on camera.

• Love 2

On the Detox site? No, only Brooks made that claim and Heather even chimed in on that on camera.

No Brooks never mentions what doctor is going to administer the resveratrol. He only mentions the success the cellulite doctor had using resveratrol. Listen to the clip again.

• Love 1

No Brooks never mentions what doctor is going to administer the resveratrol. He only mentions the success the cellulite doctor had using resveratrol. Listen to the clip again.

Brooks says that Heather might know the Dr. and Heather is the one that comments, in a TH I believe, about going to the same Dr for cellulite. Brooks talks about this very same Dr curing himself of NHL with resveratrol.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3