Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Episode 6

Oh, poor Stuart... Loved what Freddie did for him, though, it was nice. In fact, I think  this is the first episode they didn't trade insults. 

Jasper was awful  but I can't stand Violet so... 

I didn't know the guy who's always with Penelope was  Freddie's brother.

• Love 3

Oh, poor Stuart... Loved what Freddie did for him, though, it was nice. In fact, I think  this is the first episode they didn't trade insults. 

Jasper was awful  but I can't stand Violet so... 

I didn't know the guy who's always with Penelope was  Freddie's brother.

Did they ever say that Mason was Freddie's brother? I don't think it's something Freddie cares about either.

Stuart/Jackobi crying at the end left me a bit verklempt too.

(edited)

Did they ever say that Mason was Freddie's brother?

Mason brought it up when Freddie told him that Ash was going to be his best man.

"But I'm your brother." - I don't think it was ever mentioned before.  I think it was supposed to be a slight shock given the way everyone treats Mason.

Edited by beartrash

Maybe they treat Mason the way they do because he can't stop himself from commenting on how weird and uncomfortable he is with a same sex wedding.

What I want to know is: Is Mason Penelope's husband? I had always assumed that he was, but now I realize I'm not sure if they ever said so.

I liked this episode. There was enough affection to balance the insults, and enough hijinks to keep it from being too overly sentimental. A wedding is a dangerous topic for that; you don't want it to be saccharine, but you also don't want it to be devoid of serious feeling. I think they struck the balance well.

What I want to know is: Is Mason Penelope's husband? I had always assumed that he was, but now I realize I'm not sure if they ever said so.

No, unless Mason himself forgot that he was. When we first get introduced to them, Penelope does mention her late husband early on.

Aw, what a sad way to end the show with Derek crying. 

I know the cakes were silly and standard sitcom 101 but I still enjoyed it.  Especially because I like Mason and Penelope scenes. 

I don't think I realized that when they were starting filming series one, gay marriage wasn't legal in England but then during the series, it did become so. 

That was a strange way to reveal that Mason was Freddie's brother. Until reading the comments here, I thought I had missed something.

I basically enjoyed this ep. It's nice to see Freddie and Stuart not sniping at each other.

I also liked finally seeing Stuart's mother and Jaspar. (ETA-Reading the recap, I am reminded that we did see the mother before.) The mother was much nicer than she seemed during the phone calls. All the stuff after she died was pretty funny -- Freddie making her wave ("There's no going back now."), Penelope making her blow kisses.

I was picturing Jaspar as a much younger man. What an asshole. It was nice to see Ashe punch him. 

I always enjoy when Freddie and Stuart sit down and cross their legs at the same time the same way.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 1

I liked the continuing joke of no one remembering that they'd been to Violet's wedding to Jasper, since several viewers at this beginning of this season were questioning whether we knew she was married or not.

"She would have been much better off as a lesbian."

"So many of them would, really."