Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

It's the idea that she seems so cold and boring that makes me think there's more there. It's not often but there are moments with Scott that show a very different side of her. I find it hard to believe Scott would waste all these years on a cold boring woman.

Think about how much of his life Scott spends in a drunken stupor.

• Love 2

It's the idea that she seems so cold and boring that makes me think there's more there. It's not often but there are moments with Scott that show a very different side of her. I find it hard to believe Scott would waste all these years on a cold boring woman.

I think Kourtney is hard to understand because she has a very morose, dry sense of humour. She seems very chill kompared to the rest of K-klan. I have a feeling she is a lot like her father was. Kim and Khloe take after Kris.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 2

I would hope this will be presented in a caring educational way and not the bloody circus everything Kardashian is presented like. What i think would be cool would be to have Bruce's bio kids on the show. Include the younger girls if they feel comfortable with it but for the love of everything holy. .please keep Kris And Kim off it because there is absolutely no way it can be dignified with those two taking part.

• Love 6

Re Bruce's transition, while I haven't been a fan of his for decades, I think that what he's doing/is about to do takes extraordinary courage, especially since it's all happening in the public. That InTouch cover with Bruce dressed in drag was disgusting, cruel and in very bad taste. As much as I dislike Russell Brand, IMO he was right to call it "bullying." As for Kim & Kris' being supportive, that would impress me if I actually gave a fuck about them, which I don't, for a second; otoh, I do care about how Bruce's kids, especially Brody, feel about all this. When all is said and done, it's Bruce who matters the most and I hope that E treats this subject and Bruce with the compassion, dignity and respect that both deserve, whether Kim and Kris are involved or not.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6

please keep Kris And Kim off it because there is absolutely no way it can be dignified with those two taking part.

I know Kim is disliked but she's been a part of Bruce's life since she was 10 or 11 years old.  If you exclude her, E and Bruce would have to exclude all of the Kardashian kids which I don't think is going to happen, even if the the show focuses more on Bruce's biological children.

Diane Sawyer is confirmed.

"The ABC News journalist beat out others hoping to interview the transgender Olympian, including those at NBC, the parent company for his E! reality show and broadcaster of the Olympics."

• Love 1

I have a medically related question regarding transitioning at the age Bruce is at. When we women go through menopause, doesn't our estrogen decrease? Is that what causes those pesky random chin hairs, etc? So i guess my question is that women are warned about hormonal replacement therapy tied to increased incidents of female cancers. How would that affect a person Bruce's age transitioning? Would those female hormones be dangerous for him as well?
Edited to add his momma rocks! That is amazing coming from a lady of her generation.

• Love 1

I don't think Scott has wasted these years -- they have three kids, and they make a lot of money on E!. It's a nice life. Besides, you don't have to find someone utterly fascinating in order to love them. Maybe Scott likes Kourtney's (cold, boring) stability.

I've been thinking about Chaz Bono. After all the media coverage and his transition, did it make him any happier?

I don't think Scott has wasted these years -- they have three kids, and they make a lot of money on E!. It's a nice life. Besides, you don't have to find someone utterly fascinating in order to love them. Maybe Scott likes Kourtney's (cold, boring) stability.

I've been thinking about Chaz Bono. After all the media coverage and his transition, did it make him any happier?

I watched a documentary about Chaz on Netflix. I think Chaz is happier in the sense that he finally feels like he's in the "right" body. I also think he's happier because he doesn't have to pretend to be someone he's not.

• Love 4

Sad for Chaz that his mom has had so much difficulty accepting him. But Chaz has been very understanding also that his mom is of a generation that may not easily come to grips with sometjing so drastic.

• Love 1

Bruce's mom has a chat with Radar, as reported by the NY Daily News. LOVE HER.

His mother needs to learn to shut up. Seems like she's always out for a pay day and just will give interviews that aren't in her place. No wonder Bruce has problems with her and barely sees her.

He's on the cover of People.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10968339_10153234194068132_5358368401400049244_n.jpg?oh=af89bc01b7abdb4f2102538b4dfda9e9&oe=555D4FD5&__gda__=1433312384_58f7b92b975aa2d55c00602147acc72c

Article:

After his secret struggle, reality TV father and former Olympian Bruce Jenner is "finally happy" and transitioning into a woman. Subscribe now to read the REAL story behind his life-changing decision in PEOPLE.

When Bruce Jenner was finally ready to tell his children that he is transgender, his revelation was met with less surprise than he may have anticipated.

"Bruce told them everything – where things stood, what his plans were for the future, and what everyone could expect," a family insider tells PEOPLE of Jenner's decision to transition and live his life as a female. "Everyone basically knew what was up, but it was still a shock to hear it outlined so explicitly."

But it didn't take long for Jenner's six children – and his ex-wife Kris's kids Kourtney, Kim, Khloé and Rob Kardashian – to rally around the patriarch of reality-TV's most famous family.

"They all came all around pretty quickly, but each of them had to process it in their own way," says the insider. "All they want is for him to be happy."

For Kim, the process included checking in on how her mother was responding to the news.

"Kim went to Kris and asked her how she felt. They had a very long conversation about it," says the insider. "Once Kim was satisfied that Kris was emotionally okay, she was able to give Bruce her unconditional support."

As for the men in the Kardashian women's lives, the insider says Kourtney's boyfriend Scott Disick "didn't react very well" at first, but "is now on board" while Kim's husband Kanye West seemed to embrace Jenner's transition immediately.

"He is totally fine with it," the insider says of West. "He believes in live and let live, and he took it all in stride. He and Kim are just trying to show Bruce love and acceptance – complete acceptance."

For more on Bruce Jenner's transition, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

And for more information about transgender issues, visit the Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD and PFLAG.

http://www.people.com/article/bruce-jenner-transgender-kim-kardashian-kanye-west-react

Nice Kanye instantly was on board while Scott had a harder time. May be it's because Kanye's been in the family the least or is around them the least. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

We like the GLAAD document provided here:

http://www.glaad.org/reference/offensive

It's a concise accounting of the dos and don'ts of language referencing the LGBT community and LGBT people. Times change and language with it. It's a quick read!

Just for future reference/safety's sake I figured why not link to the announcement from Dave regarding LGBT language. Pinning this post. Not because anyone has done anything wrong in here, y'all are great, just putting it out there for anyone wondering what the correct terminology is. Thanks! 

• Love 2

As for the men in the Kardashian women's lives, the insider says Kourtney's boyfriend Scott Disick "didn't react very well" at first, but "is now on board" while Kim's husband Kanye West seemed to embrace Jenner's transition immediately.

"He is totally fine with it," the insider says of West. "He believes in live and let live, and he took it all in stride. He and Kim are just trying to show Bruce love and acceptance – complete acceptance."

"He believes in live and let live"

Unless you're Taylor Swift.

• Love 10

Nice Kanye instantly was on board while Scott had a harder time. May be it's because Kanye's been in the family the least or is around them the least. 

I'd guess Kanye has spent about 6 hours total in his life around Bruce and had to ask who he was, while it seems Scott actually does stuff with Bruce, with and without Mason. 

• Love 4

I rather like Bruce's mother. She's refreshingly candid, it doesn't appear to me that she is looking for a payout. 

Somewhere I read (TMZ?) that Bruce wants to change his name to Belinda, but who knows really...

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 1

Everyone in Bruce's family has said this is his story to tell, his journey, etc.. etc.. They're not even doing press for the new season. Bruce wants to do all this on HIS terms. Yet his mother goes out there and speaks for him and confirms everything and even gives quotes of his conversation with her? It wasn't her place, it's not candid to sell out your own son against his wishes, it's appalling. She gave interviews to the highest bidder when it wasn't her choice and not her place.

Pretty sure he's going to be even more done with her after this.

I don't know...one of the articles said that this was all part of his master plan to make people more aware of it gradually. The articles (don't remember which one, sorry) said that everyone who was making comments, even Kim, were making carefully planned comments.

Bruce's mother didn't seem to be too out of line with what Kim hinted at. 

• Love 2

Everyone in Bruce's family has said this is his story to tell, his journey, etc.. etc.. They're not even doing press for the new season. Bruce wants to do all this on HIS terms. Yet his mother goes out there and speaks for him and confirms everything and even gives quotes of his conversation with her? It wasn't her place, it's not candid to sell out your own son against his wishes, it's appalling. She gave interviews to the highest bidder when it wasn't her choice and not her place.

Pretty sure he's going to be even more done with her after this.

There is no indication that she got any payday out of this - or that she did not consult Bruce first.  His mother is a key player in his story and her unconditional love is all that matters.  Just as important, she represents a voice of someone from a very different generation.  I seriously doubt this will impair their relationship.  She really didn't divulge a whole lot to begin with.

Edited by ifoundit
  • Love 3

His mother needs to learn to shut up. Seems like she's always out for a pay day and just will give interviews that aren't in her place. No wonder Bruce has problems with her and barely sees her.

He's on the cover of People.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10968339_10153234194068132_5358368401400049244_n.jpg?oh=af89bc01b7abdb4f2102538b4dfda9e9&oe=555D4FD5&__gda__=1433312384_58f7b92b975aa2d55c00602147acc72c

Article:

My impression of Scott is that he's insecure, in many ways, about a lot of things. Kanye doesn't seem to have those issues.

There's no way there's radio silence from all his in the media children, from E! , from Bruce, from Kris, from Brody etc.. they're not doing any press on this for the new season, and most of the kids are giving one word answers like when asked how he's doing they respond "great." Then Bruce wouldn't approve of this tell-all by the person he speaks to the least in his family and has had issues and barely a relationship with. No way.

Seems obvious out of courtesy, he told his mother before the real news came out and she in turn outed him to the press,  before he had the opportunity to do what he wanted to do himself. He wanted to control the story is what everyone has been saying, even Kim just saying it's his story to tell. Yet his mother took that from him. She also even herself admits the phone call was brief. 

I'm not going to criticize Bruce's mom for the interview she did.  Maybe they discussed it prior to the interview and he gave her permission to talk about it.  If not, and he's upset with her, that's between them.

Since Bruce said, at the time of Kim's wedding, that he had only met Kanye for about 15 minutes, I can see why its no big deal to Kanye.  Its not like they have a close relationship, so he probably doesn't care one way or another.  He's too busy being the most intelligent person on the face of the earth. 

• Love 4

I feel so bad for Bruce. I feel bad for anyone who has had to hide who they really are. When I moved to my "gay-friendly" neighborhood in San Diego 30 years ago, I made a number of new friends, all gay, all now dead from AIDS. As I got to know them, I heard all their stories and almost every single one had a really difficult, heartbreaking time growing up. They had all moved here from other places as a way to be who they really were. I know Bruce isn't gay, but it's the hiding, the pretending so long that I think is very sad. I admire him for finally doing what he wants.

And I would sell my soul to have my friends back.

• Love 8

I don't feel sorry for Bruce ... I mean, in some ways I do, but in other ways, I don't. His life has been a series of choices, just like everyone else. I think Bruce had numerous choices before the Kardashians, and numerous choices while married to Kris. His life could have been very different. And now he'll make a boatload of money from his transition. It's not exactly a pity-party.

• Love 1

Well, I feel bad for anyone who feels like they aren't who they are supposed to be. Occasionally I see a transgender person in my daily comings and goings and I wonder how on earth it must be to just know you are in the wrong body. It's one thing to look in the mirror and think "gee, I wish my hair was straight/curly or my eyes were blue/brown" etc., but to be the wrong gender -- I don't care who you are, what you've accomplished in your life or how much money you have: I think it would be overwhelming for most.

I don't feel any more sorry for Bruce than any other person in his position, but I do feel for him. Yes, his life has been choices, and who knows what choices he made because of this underlying issue for him. He may make a boatload of money on this, but he didn't have to -- he already has a boatload of money. Though I'm a little skeptical with how this is going to play out with KUWTK (like is this the storyline for the next season?) it doesn't minimize that he's felt that he's been living in the wrong body for a long time, and that has to suck, especially when you're just finding yourself this late in life.

So good for Bruce for finally figuring it out and doing it. Though I have to say, this has all made me think of Renee Richards and crazy mad props and respect to her for doing something 40 years ago that many people today still can't comprehend. In my opinion, she kind of paved the way for the Bruces of the world.

• Love 4

Bruce was famous before the Kardashian circus - he was a married,  well respected Olympic gold medalist so I dont think making the decision hes making now would have been any easier then.  If anything it was probably more difficult. Unless you're walking in that persons shoes its not so easy to say what they should have done or how much easier life would have been.  I feel the same about gay people who struggle with coming out. I have a dear friend I've known since college who's 42 and us in his close circle of friends have known for a while he's gay yet due to his job, a homophobic father and the fact that he has children from a previous marriage, well he's had on ongoing struggle with coming out publicly even though he knows he would FEEL better but that it wouldnt necessarily be the best thing to do for things going on his life. And Bruce is worth about 100 million dollars so IMO he doesnt care all that much about the money.

• Love 3

Bruce's life just got a lot more complicated:

1:45 PM PT -- Several eyewitnesses say the accident was caused when Bruce rear ended the white car and that car then went into oncoming traffic and was struck by the Hummer. Eyewitnesses say the driver of the white car -- a female -- died.

1:55 PM PT Jenner family sources tell TMZ, Bruce told cops he was being chased by as many as 5 paparazzi when he rear ended the white car. He says he was not drinking an volunteered to do a field sobriety test, which we're told he passed

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/07/bruce-jenner-fatal-car-accident-pacific-coast-highway-malibu-photo-dead/#ixzz3R6IKopiz

• Love 1

Maybe Kim will take the paps off her speed-dial now.

Having them on speed dial and informing them where you are means they don't have to chase you. I don't see how this has anything to do with Kim. Who knows if Bruce was driving recklessly or not at this point but that would be on him and the paps, not Kim.

• Love 1

Having them on speed dial and informing them where you are means they don't have to chase you. I don't see how this has anything to do with Kim. Who knows if Bruce was driving recklessly or not at this point but that would be on him and the paps, not Kim.

In his own way he's doing exactly what Kim does. He's building this huge buzz and interest in his "journey". He has been part of this circus for years. Did he expect less paparazi interest the closer to the big reveal we get? Of course not, he knew full well they are and will be looking for him. It's up to drive safely even if the paps are "chasing" him.

• Love 2

If he rear-ended the woman, causing the crash, he will most certainly be charged.

From an attorney friend of mine:

It will be a form of vehicular homicide. If you cause an accident and someone dies, it is vehicular homicide, as long as you didn't intend to harm them.

• Love 2

I don't know if Bruce will be charged; it could end up being a misdemeanor. It depends on the evidence. And, we live in a world where almost everything is on video.

However, this will most certainly end up in civil court, with a wrongful death suit. And Bruce has deep pockets.