Type keyword(s) to search

Rob: The (Mostly) Invisible Man

• Start Topic

Diabetes, especially untreated diabetes in itself is pretty serious and can kill you and given Rob's weight and the way he eats isnt a surprise.  If he were to OD like Lamar tomorrow that also wouldnt surprise me.  I just hope TMZ is right about how this was a wakeup call for him.

You really do need to take your blood sugar daily (sometimes more) and take action as soon as it gets low.  In my husband's case, we keep everything on hand, including glucose tablets so we quickly raise his blood sugar if it gets too low.

In addition, diabetes complicates any other sickness - a few years ago my husband had a cold, doctor told him the usual - go home, rest etc.   His blood sugar got so low we had to call 911 who administered a shot of glucose, which raised it but only temporarily - he ended up in the hospital with pneumonia - which was wreaking havoc with his blood sugar.  

Rob will need to be disciplined about the whole process, from losing the weight, watching his diet, taking any prescribed meds,  and especially  monitoring his blood sugar- it is nothing to take lightly.

• Love 3

I do hope he takes this seriously and gets better.  He can control it (my husband is also diabetic), but he has to want to.  It does take a fairly large amount of work and discipline.  He'll have to learn a brand new lifestyle.  I wish him well.

Interestingly, last night I caught the two-part "Therapy" episodes.  I'd never seen them before, so I'm not sure how long ago they were filmed, but Rob was certainly in a fair amount of emotional pain back then.  The reactions from his family were interesting to me - Khloe went after him when he left the room in tears, Kris daintily dabbed at a tear or two but remained seated right next to Kim.  Kourtney was visibly upset, but I don't think Kim's expression changed at all.  I'd imagine Rob feels the loss of their father the most, and it's no wonder he probably thinks that no one really understands him.  I don't think they try.  When Kim said that Kris doesn't know how to be a mother to a son, I about fell off the couch.  What I took that to mean is, Kris doesn't know how to market and make money off of Rob, so she ignores him.

I also find it difficult to believe that, with all of the doctors the Kardashians seem to have coming and going, no one thought to test him for diabetes before he basically collapsed?  I'm sure he had pronounced symptoms (I know my husband certainly did) - did no one think to check for this?  Unless Rob himself refused to see a doctor, which I suppose is possible, but this is not rocket science - there are definitive symptoms when one has diabetes, and I'm trying to figure out how no one ever suspected it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4

First he needs to get off the drugs that he is addicted to, otherwise nothing else is going to work to control his diabetes. It's pretty obvious he's hiding away doing something in that house.  Surprised nobody is mentioning that.... 

• Love 1

I feel for Rob growing up in a house full of narcissists. He's probably the sensitive one who knows something is way wrong with his mother and sisters and tried to numb himself out. Now he's got an addiction problem too - and lives with a classic enabler, Khloe, who posts a sad selfie about Rob's situation (really about her).

Save yourself Rob! At least you can afford the help you need, both physical and psychological. Get as far away from the narcissists surrounding you as possible - and never look back.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 9

TMZ says it's type 2 diabetes and that what he was diagnosed with is called diabetic ketoacidosis. It does sound really serious. He could have ended up in a diabetic coma. Sometimes even with the most resistent people it takes a medical scare like this to knock you on your ass.

• Love 1

TMZ says it's type 2 diabetes and that what he was diagnosed with is called diabetic ketoacidosis. It does sound really serious. He could have ended up in a diabetic coma. Sometimes even with the most resistent people it takes a medical scare like this to knock you on your ass.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/30/rob-kardashian-diabetes-coma/

"Rob Kardashian: Diabetic Emergency On Verge of Triggering Coma"

12/30/2015 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Here's the TMZ article.

TMZ says Rob is back home and "resting." So, where is "home"? Doesn't he live with Khloe? I agree with everybody who says Rob should get away from that awful family, but I don't think he will. They are all he has. If he breaks away from them he'll be alone, and even with a therapist helping him, I doubt he'd be emotionally strong enough to handle the loneliness.

Hope he's able to get himself together enough to follow the doctor's instructions on learning to control the diabetes.

• Love 2

I wonder if Rob's step-brothers would be able to give him some support in getting healthy.  The Jenner boys seem to be all about being outside and doing different activities to stay in shape.  I don't suppose Caitlyn would be much help to Rob at this point.  I know Rob is a grown man, but there seems to be a serious lack of male role models for him to relate to.

Or maybe I'm giving the entire extended family way too much credit, who knows.

Oh, and nice to see Kris is flying back home.  Color me shocked.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 2

I doubt Kim knows any better, so Saint will be as fucked up as Rob and North as big a mess as any of her female relatives.

At least Kim has Kanye to keep their son level-headed, practical, and down to earth.

LOLOLOLOLOL

• Love 6

I wonder if Rob's step-brothers would be able to give him some support in getting healthy.  The Jenner boys seem to be all about being outside and doing different activities to stay in shape.  I don't suppose Caitlyn would be much help to Rob at this point.  I know Rob is a grown man, but there seems to be a serious lack of male role models for him to relate to.

Or maybe I'm giving the entire extended family way too much credit, who knows.

Oh, and nice to see Kris is flying back home.  Color me shocked.

Well she certainly didn't just throw on any old thing and rush to catch a plane... nice coordinated outfit, including a matching hand bag, and I see she had time to let the glam squad have its way with her makeup.  

Brody was trying to get Rob out there a couple of seasons ago, but I'm guessing even keeping up with Brody ( no pun intended), bad knee and all was too much for him. I think he started going off the rails big time when Adrienne dumped him, I recall him saying how he was texting and calling her hundreds of times a day. TO me that was a huge red flag and then he had that weird, nutty breakup with Rita Ora, where he texted/tweeted some really nasty things about her, accusing her of "letting him get her pregnant", not sure if that was true or just ranting. He was also very strange on the vacation to Bora Bora when Kris H came along, he got into a couple nasty arguments with Kim calling her a whore and a slut. His relationship with Scott is weird also,  he goes from loving Scott like a brother and hanging with him all the time and then hating on him. I think he's been slipping down the crazy path for a long time. It's more than diabetes, depression and immaturity, I think he has some kind of bi-polar type thing. He may abuse drugs in some form too, probably pot. All these things, plus I think a really warped relationship with his mother, a deceased father, the Caitlyn thing, and without an ass and tits, his mother has no idea how to "sell him" and make the kind of money for him and off him that she does for his sisters. He isn't good looking enough or social media savvy enough therefore he's odd man out. And honestly, he doesn't seem to be very bright... not that any of them are, except perhaps Kourtney, nor is he motivated enough.. life has been too easy. How does someone who has spent several years living the lux life style with a couple or three extravagant vacations a year and access to pretty much an unlimited budget, get motivated to work as an unpaid intern just to get a foot in the door that might possibly lead to a job making what is considered in relation to Kardashian dollars, small change?

I wish Rob the best with whatever he is going through. If Pimpager gave a crap about her kids, she'd take them off of TV, and give them the help that they all obviously need. What would Pimpager do if Kim's sex tape hadn't been leaked?

There was always Kylie in the wings!!

• Love 4

Rob has to want to change his whole lifestyle. People can be supportive and offer advice but it is still 100% on him to do the hard work. Not sure his head is in the right place to fight for a change the way he needs to. Hopefully he gets the professional help he needs to get him started on the right path. But he still has to be receptive to that too. This disease can wreak havoc on your kidneys, eyesight, heart, and nerve damage in your extremities. He has a tough road ahead of him. He could still become insulin dependent if he doesn't learn to control his diet and lifestyle.

I hope Rob gets the help he needs for his depression. I think the "lack of control" in his diet and lifestyle stems from that. 

The video for Kris' 60th birthday with all her kids except Rob really just pissed me off. I understand he might just not have wanted to be involved, but I do remember Kim berating him for various things and the rumour that their mother urging him to lose 70lbs before the Kimye wedding just makes me wonder. 

Edited by Pogojoco
  • Love 2

While I don't wish Rob any harm, and hope he's able to get well and get his life on track, I'm not going to let him off the hook for his personality. Since the first season, he's always struck me as a spoiled, lazy, arrogant jerk. He got away with it when he was in shape and apparently some people found him attractive (I never did!), but the basic issues were always there. No doubt all the parental factors were a big part of it, but he could still choose to be a better person and I don't think he's ever done so. Good on him and Kourtney for at least bothering to finish an undergraduate degree, though.

• Love 7

While I don't wish Rob any harm, and hope he's able to get well and get his life on track, I'm not going to let him off the hook for his personality. Since the first season, he's always struck me as a spoiled, lazy, arrogant jerk. He got away with it when he was in shape and apparently some people found him attractive (I never did!), but the basic issues were always there. No doubt all the parental factors were a big part of it, but he could still choose to be a better person and I don't think he's ever done so. Good on him and Kourtney for at least bothering to finish an undergraduate degree, though.

I agree with all of this, but I've also always sensed a deep unhappiness from him, even when he appeared to be doing well. He reminds me of two people I went to high school with, who were arrogant jerks then, but committed suicide in their 20s. He's probably had untreated depression for a long time, but after his failure to launch after college it really spiraled. I also think living with enabler Khloe and having his every need catered to is the worst thing for him. He needs to go to a military-style or survival camp, where nobody gives a shit about who he is, and he has to work like everyone else.

• Love 3

At this point does he have any friends of his own, that aren't connected to the rest of the family? I don't think so. I hope he can deal with whatever the underlying mental condition is, depression and/or bi-polar, make some friends outside of the family circle, pursue some interests professional or otherwise. I don't think he has anything of his own right now. It will be really hard for him to make any changes; all he has is his family and they aren't healthy for him and have no sense of normalcy.

• Love 1

That picture in the People article isn't Kris leaving to come home, she was arriving in St. Barts when that was taken so she wasn't dressed like that when she left to go home. It's misleading since it quotes the source that said she left the vacation but I saw that pic the other day and the caption was clear that she arrived with Corey for their vacation. And IMO her makeup is more toned down than her usual excessive glam look.

• Love 1

You know it is kind of sad. For all the money this family has, he is now facing a reality where the money cannot buy his way out of this consequence. Other than to get him the best medical help. Past that he is going to have to dig deep to get healthy. It will be a true test for him.

• Love 1

This was inevitable - after gaining over 100 lbs.   He put himself in this situation because of his destructive choices.  He is 28, a grown ass man who's had more privilege and opportunities than most.  It's ridiculous people are blaming this on Kris, Kim.  The truth is, he was never going be successful like his sisters.  He has neither the drive, the personality or the work ethic.  He comes off a crybaby - spoiled and entitled.

Edited by escape
  • Love 3

I find it interesting that Rob, Scott, & Lamar all suffer from addictions, & have all recently hit bottom, & Bruce became Caitlyn, leaving (besides the kids) Kanye as the only (so far) stable male in this family. Considering that Kanye was an overblown, egotistical, & deluded nutcase already, "stable" is an iffy term. What is it about this family that attracts/creates these kind of guys?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3

I feel kind of bad for Rob that his very personal health issues are being made public (by Kim/Kris, I'm sure). Talk about kicking someone when they're down.

The Kardashian/Jenner Klan is ruled by vaginas. Rob was obviously screwed since birth. He lives in a family that revolves around women and men are treated as lesser beings. I have firsthand experience at this since my family is the same way, unfortunately.

I think Rob needs intensive counseling and rehabilitation somewhere that is not L.A. Preferably somewhere in Utah or out in West Bumfuck, USA. His family, with maybe the exception of Kendall, is toxic. He needs to focus on his health and sobriety but I have a feeling he lacks the willpower to make the necessary changes to better himself.

• Love 7

I feel kind of bad for Rob that his very personal health issues are being made public (by Kim/Kris, I'm sure). Talk about kicking someone when they're down.

The Kardashian/Jenner Klan is ruled by vaginas. Rob was obviously screwed since birth. He lives in a family that revolves around women and men are treated as lesser beings. I have firsthand experience at this since my family is the same way, unfortunately.

I think Rob needs intensive counseling and rehabilitation somewhere that is not L.A. Preferably somewhere in Utah or out in West Bumfuck, USA. His family, with maybe the exception of Kendall, is toxic. He needs to focus on his health and sobriety but I have a feeling he lacks the willpower to make the necessary changes to better himself.

I do not agree with the misconception that Rob was somehow treated badly by his family.  If anything, as the only son, he was dotted on.

The real problem - he is from a family that is driven.  Not just only his sisters and Mother.  But his father was a high profile lawyer. 

And there are the in-laws.  You don't become an Olympian icon, a successful music mogul, or play for the NBA  - by sitting around and stuffing your face.  

And even though Scott has his issues, he is actually more business minded than Rob.

Rob comes across as someone who expects instant success because of his name, but is unwillingly to put in the work to make things happen for himself - and choose to instead blame others.

• Love 2

I do not agree with the misconception that Rob was somehow treated badly by his family. If anything, as the only son, he was dotted on.

The real problem - he is from a family that is driven. Not just only his sisters and Mother. But his father was a high profile lawyer.

And there are the in-laws. You don't become an Olympian icon, a successful music mogul, or play for the NBA - by sitting around and stuffing your face.

And even though Scott has his issues, he is actually more business minded than Rob.

Rob comes across as someone who expects instant success because of his name, but is unwillingly to put in the work to make things happen for himself - and choose to instead blame others.

I definitely am not throwing him a Pity Party. I think he's spoiled and lacks ambition. But I also feel as though his family is pretty toxic and would do much better without them.

I do feel for him (or anyone for that matter) who has their personal health issues leaked to the press.

• Love 3

I definitely am not throwing him a Pity Party. I think he's spoiled and lacks ambition. But I also feel as though his family is pretty toxic and would do much better without them.

I do feel for him (or anyone for that matter) who has their personal health issues leaked to the press.

Kris will find a way to make money off him even while he's holed up in Khloes house.

• Love 2

Of course they'll worry about it AFTER their vacation and the holidays are over. St Bart's and the toy boy are a waiting!!

But then they really can't do anything unless he agrees to it. I just feel there's a big piece of this situation that isn't known by the public. Rightly so if it's his personal life and choice. I think that the family is just as happy to let the public think it's depression, pot and laziness. I don't think they want mental illness associated with the brand.

• Love 3

Depression IS a mental illness so too late for that being associated with the brand. Longterm depression (especially bipolar disorder which is basically a chemical imbalance in the brain) that goes untreated can really fuck up your head and your whole life.  If he's refusing help and refusing to see anyone I could see why the ones that are away aren't rushing home. Rob isn't a child so they can't force him into doing anything or drag him to doctors and the fact that he's pulling this shit even after the medical scare he just got makes me think they know at this point he might be a lost cause.  We dont know if certain family members have been trying to get through to him or been trying to get him help and he's not budging. 

• Love 5

I doubt Kim knows any better, so Saint will be as fucked up as Rob and North as big a mess as any of her female relatives.

IMO he will be far more fucked up than Rob, with Princess Kanye as a "father."

I feel for Rob growing up in a house full of narcissists. He's probably the sensitive one who knows something is way wrong with his mother and sisters and tried to numb himself out. Now he's got an addiction problem too - and lives with a classic enabler, Khloe, who posts a sad selfie about Rob's situation (really about her).

Save yourself Rob! At least you can afford the help you need, both physical and psychological. Get as far away from the narcissists surrounding you as possible - and never look back.

I agree 1000% ! Run, Rob, run.

• Love 4

When will they get it, at least for me, when family is ill you don't need to text. Forget the fans, if they were genuinely concerned about him they wouldn't be texting, on twitter etc.. But that's my opinion, I get that social media is the thing and it surely helps their "business" but... Please, if my loved one is sick I'm not sending out grand messages to a world of people who may be my fans but they are NOT family.  I don't know what it is with the lack of boundaries when it comes to social media. It's a need for connection but to me it's a false connection.  I mean I'm reading about them on this website, cause this is as much of a "connection" as I want. I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any of that stuff...so if I don't found out how Rob is doing, life will go on. I'm not salivating to know and just wish him well as one human being to another. But I don't need to know and would believe in his family's love for him a bit more if they never mentioned him since from what I can tell he does not want to be mentioned. He simply does not want to share his life with the world. 

They are going to be criticized regardless, if that's what they are concerned with as in people saying shit about them when they don't provide social media updates on his well being. People don't trust their love as being genuine so why bother. Just give him the privacy he needs, end of story. Don't even mention his name on your show much less social media.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

And now we have reason 1097 why Rob should run far, far away from this show and Kim and Kris and never look back. I can't believe Kim's comment about his tattoo and no one telling her to shut the fuck up. God, could she be a bigger hateful cow? So unnecessary. 

• Love 7

Yeah, I was like holy shit! OMG Kim are you serious?!  And I honestly don't think she realized how far she had gone because they started off just talking about tattoos and then....

Everyone looked uncomfortable, and the whole time his name kept coming up they kept flashing to Khloe trying to pretend/ignore with her nose in her phone. But they all looked uncomfortable from the minute she started talking about him and then she made that comment about his weight, I think it was Kylie's face that said it all. The look was like, she just made fun of his weight didn't she?  Like forget the tattoo, she just called our brother fat on national tv and laughed about it, she might as well be the paparazzi. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 6

When will they get it, at least for me, when family is ill you don't need to text. Forget the fans, if they were genuinely concerned about him they wouldn't be texting, on twitter etc.. But that's my opinion, I get that social media is the thing and it surely helps their "business" but... Please, if my loved one is sick I'm not sending out grand messages to a world of people who may be my fans but they are NOT family.  I don't know what it is with the lack of boundaries when it comes to social media. It's a need for connection but to me it's a false connection.  I mean I'm reading about them on this website, cause this is as much of a "connection" as I want. I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any of that stuff...so if I don't found out how Rob is doing, life will go on. I'm not salivating to know and just wish him well as one human being to another. But I don't need to know and would believe in his family's love for him a bit more if they never mentioned him since from what I can tell he does not want to be mentioned. He simply does not want to share his life with the world. 

They are going to be criticized regardless, if that's what they are concerned with as in people saying shit about them when they don't provide social media updates on his well being. People don't trust their love as being genuine so why bother. Just give him the privacy he needs, end of story. Don't even mention his name on your show much less social media.

You said exactly what I've been thinking.

There's something so very "off" about going on with social media as if nothing is wrong.  I guess I expect it from the girls, but it's Kris that really bothers me the most.  I know she's the "momager" and her brand is her kids.  But as a mother myself, I just cannot fathom the thought process that would keep me posting inane selfies and re-posts while I had a child in crisis.  I certainly wouldn't want her posting about Rob (even though I can't help but think she's got to be wondering how to spin all this for money and attention), but I guess I'd prefer to think that she is lying low and spending time with her son, not glued to her phone.

And that joke from Kim about Rob's tattoos...while I get that this was filmed before his health scare, it's still in extremely bad taste, especially when it must be well-established that Rob does not want to appear or be part of his family's show at this time.  Bringing up his name, especially with such a craptastically insensitive joke, shows a complete lack of respect and regard for Rob.  But coming from Kim...well, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at all.

• Love 4

So I haven't seen this episode yet, however, in light of what we know about Rob as of now, I hope somebody is at that house 24-7.  As horrible as this sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a suicide attempt sometime soon...more thoughts on this in another thread because I think it's just 1 element of the Kardashian klan that I find incredibly disturbing.  It's a shame nobody in that family can, from a healthy standpoint, step back and see what's become of their family. It's not pretty.

• Love 1

Out of all of them Kris actually posts the least. Nights when KUWTK are on she'll tweet more than usual but like compared to Khloe and Kylie, who can't go an hour without posting selfies she really doesnt post constantly - she retweets stuff especially pics of the grandkids and magazine covers. Rob being mentioned by any of them doesnt happen a lot, no personal stuff. khloe posted that pic with that sad caption a few weeks (she shouldn't have added the caption) and Kim posted an old pic on NYE.

Eta: People said he won't even respond to texts so I don't know how any them can spend time with him. I suppose Khloe can and is accesable to him.

Edited by howmanywords

I assumed that executive producer Kris would've been in charge of doling out the money to family members. How much there was to dole out, and who she doled it out to remains a mystery. Kylie bought a mansion at 17, but was that with KUWTK money or 'green hair extensions' money? I know that Rob's Socks was a failure. How much was Robert's estate worth?

As Kim pointed out to Rob once, Kylie and Kendall work more than him. Kylie and Kendall have been getting a salary per episode since they were little kids. They have all that money, plus all the side deals. PacSun, Sears, that book, OPI, Steve Madden, the hair line, Kylie and Kendall had a lot of projects to get them money.

Rob used to get his salary from E! when he appeared, which he no longer gets. He may get royalties for older episodes, what ever his socks make and his allowance from Khloe. Even when he did move out of Khloe & Lamar's into his own place, he couldn't afford a place like Kylie. He rented a townhouse then when Khloe got her new mansion moved right back in with her. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

It made me inordinately happy to see that Rob is back on Instagram.

And yet, maybe this is my sign that I am taking this family's drama way too much to heart and should perhaps think about backing off for a bit.........

It made me inordinately happy to see that Rob is back on Instagram.

And yet, maybe this is my sign that I am taking this family's drama way too much to heart and should perhaps think about backing off for a bit.........

Hey, someone other than Khole has to be supporting Rob, since his own family isn't!

This week I saw at least five articles on People.com about how Khloe lost 40 pounds by completely overhauling her diet and doing regular exercise over the past two years. Since Rob has been living with Khloe that entire time, it begs the question why he didn't get onboard with her program. A couple of years ago there was an episode where Rob got angry that Khloe had unhealthy food in the house and he felt it was sabotaging his efforts. Well, now that she presumably has her personal chef preparing only healthy food and her personal trainer come to her house to train her (IIRC she has a home gym), why couldn't he join her? If she lost 40 pounds when she wasn't even that big in the first place, he would have lost a lot more. I understand that he's depressed, but he literally had a healthy lifestyle at his fingertips, bought and paid for by his sister. It's hard to be sympathetic when he had the kind of opportunity millions of people would kill for, and did nothing about it.

• Love 1

You have to have a lot of determination to completely change your lifestyle the way Khloe has. Its hard enough but for someone who is very depressed it would be 10 times harder. Rob is likely eating whatever he wants and any junk that makes him feel satisfied. As I mentioned earlier he was working out over the summer..IMO something caused him to do do a major setback.

Please let not confuse diabetes type 1 and diabetes type 2, Rob has diabetes type 2. They are so different it shouldn't even be called the same thing.

Gets me wondering who is eating all those cookies, cakes, pies Khloe bakes on a daily basis? Certainly not her, I hope if no one is eating it, she at least donates it to food banks. I mean the girl has stacks and stacks of junk food just laying around.

Edited by Phei

Gets me wondering who is eating all those cookies, cakes, pies Khloe bakes on a daily basis? Certainly not her, I hope if no one is eating it, she at least donates it to food banks. I mean the girl has stacks and stacks of junk food just laying around.

I seriously doubt Khloe is baking anything, never mind on a daily basis. The only person making Rob food is Khloe's housekeeper.

• Love 1