Type keyword(s) to search

Rob: The (Mostly) Invisible Man

• Start Topic

According to Us Weekly, a source close to the family said Rob made the comparison because he's "in a dark place" as his longtime struggles with depression and weight continue. "His post was about how she seems caring in public, but he feels ignored," a second source reportedly said, adding that he took to social media after filming a segment for Keeping Up With the Kardashians with Kim.

Let me guess, she sat there claiming she cared out of one side of her mouth while calling him a loser out of the other. That's her favorite scene when Rob's involved. While it might not have been the healthiest or smartest move, I kinda love Rob for posting that shot and comment about her. You know all of the siblings, spouses, and probably Bruce all feel the same way, but don't have the guts to publicly claim it. Rob really had nothing to lose and could actually post the big FU to Kim. 

• Love 3

I'm definitely Team Rob too.

Who cares if Rob is fat? As long as he is happy. This family seems more bothered by his weight and appearance than his happiness/mental health. He isn't mentally ill because he is fat. He may deal with his mental/emotional issues and remain overweight. They seem to feel if he "loses the weight" he'll get healthy. I do think his issues are related to the narcissistic mentality of the family to a degree. The emphasis on having and getting and looking good over doing good. And that if you don't want those things there is something wrong with you. I thought his trip thru Skid Row was interesting. He felt like he was intruding on those who lived there, violating their privacy. I think he is way more sensitive than the others. They can't understand it. Im not saying he doesn't enjoy the good life and nice things, I just think he knows there's more to life than that but doesn't know how to find it.

• Love 10

I would agree with the above statement.  I remember when Rob and Adrienne were introducing their families, and Rob was sensitive to the fact that Adrienne came from a much more conservative family and he asked his sisters to tone it down for their benefit - he knows who and what his family is.  He knows how and why they became famous.  He knows that they are tacky, inappropriate and vulgar.  He knows that they are riding the famewhore train as long as they can.  He knows that this reflects poorly on them and that people look down on them as a result. Rob may be depressed and unhealthy.  But he's no dummy when it comes to exactly what goes on around him. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I would agree with the above statement. I remember when Rob and Adrienne were introducing their families, and Rob was sensitive to the fact that Adrienne came from a much more conservative family and he asked his sisters to tone it down for their benefit - he knows who and what his family is. He knows how and why they became famous. He knows that they are tacky, inappropriate and vulgar. He knows that they are riding the famewhore train as long as they can. He knows that this reflects poorly on them and that people look down on them as a result. Rob may be depressed and unhealthy. But he's no dummy when it comes to exactly what goes on around him.

And when he asked them to tone it down, they turned it up, with all the questions about oral sex and the cursing. Kris and Bruce did nothing to stop it. When my older brother got engaged, his future in laws invited all of his siblings and our folks to their house, all of us kids (7 of us) got a major sit down lecture on behaving, not embarrassing our brother or our parents. Had we acted like Khloe and the other did...I don't want to imagine what would have happened to us..

Kris has this attitude that her family is so great and with it and cool... That everyone has to accept them and put up with their antics, it does them no good service.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2
(edited)

Bruce tried at at least, he tried to get Khloe to tone it down and he was really trying with Adrienne's father. The rest including Khloe purposely didn't tone it down, they amped it up if anything. They didn't care to respect Rob's wishes at all. 

Its not surprising when he shows no respect back.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Bruce tried at at least, he tried to get Khloe to tone it down and he was really trying with Adrienne's father. The rest including Khloe purposely didn't tone it down, they amped it up if anything. They didn't care to respect Rob's wishes at all. 

It's been a while since I saw that episode, but if I recall Bruce's attempt was basically to look sheepish and make nice with her dad. It was pretty obvious then that they had no respect for Bruce and that Kris liked it that way.

They didn't care to respect Rob's wishes at all.

To go one step further, it's no surprise that he's in the place he is now. 

I seem to remember a time when Rob was actually pretty defensive for Kim.  I remember the Bentley and Breckenridge episodes, and I thought I remembered a talking head with Rob when he was saying that he sometimes feels bad for Kim because Khloe and Kourtney will gang up on her, and he doesn't think it's cool.  He and Khloe were always really close, but I think he was always close with Kim as well. Somewhere along the way that changed and Kim stopped being an ally for Rob.  It was evident a few seasons ago, back before Kanye entered the picture. 

• Love 1

To go one step further, it's no surprise that he's in the place he is now.

I seem to remember a time when Rob was actually pretty defensive for Kim. I remember the Bentley and Breckenridge episodes, and I thought I remembered a talking head with Rob when he was saying that he sometimes feels bad for Kim because Khloe and Kourtney will gang up on her, and he doesn't think it's cool. He and Khloe were always really close, but I think he was always close with Kim as well. Somewhere along the way that changed and Kim stopped being an ally for Rob. It was evident a few seasons ago, back before Kanye entered the picture.

I recall when he took her car without permission and she went apeshit on him. Yeah it was an expensive car and he should have had permission, but she really carried on. I think when they were a well off family with nice stuff, she was more generous. When she started raking in the money and could get really expensive things, she became overly materialistic and way less generous. She's very selfish now.
  • Love 1

Kim's definitely fed up with Rob and is on the tough love route. I actually don't think Kim sounds this illogical in this clip, it does sound pathetic that they're all running around and babying Rob, giving him everything he needs like a chef and buying his underwear for him. If he doesn't want help, then treating him like a child that needs to be catered too isn't going to help. Just encourage his behavior.

Kim Kardashian Orders Kris Jenner to Cut Off Rob Kardashian: "This Is Pathetic"

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kim-kardashian-orders-kris-jenner-to-cut-rob-off-watch-the-kuwtk-clip-201514

I have to wonder about his "condition" being part of an actual storyline. It seems kind of fucked up to me. Is he allowing this to be part of the show as a way to get compensated for it? Is it all fabricated for the show? Is it exaggerated? Something about this is weird to me because it seems to me that if he were really in a true depressive state, there wouldn't be so much staged discussion about it. And I find it odd that he's conveniently making statements comparing Kim to Gone Girl a week or two before the episode they talk about him.

Maybe I'm way too cynical about this group. However, you can't argue with the track record -- a lot of Bruce's transition stuff hit the tabloids right before the season kicked off and now Rob's suddenly back in discussion after months off the radar; they're both storylines, it appears, to some extent. So what the fuck? Either way it makes them look bad, imo -- they're either exploiting someone's life situation (albeit willingly) or they're making it up for tv.

On a shallow note, both Kim and Khloe look horrible in that clip, imo. Both Kim and Khloe have some really awful lips going on and they both look quite plastic.

• Love 2

I have to wonder about his "condition" being part of an actual storyline. It seems kind of fucked up to me. Is he allowing this to be part of the show as a way to get compensated for it? Is it all fabricated for the show? Is it exaggerated? Something about this is weird to me because it seems to me that if he were really in a true depressive state, there wouldn't be so much staged discussion about it. And I find it odd that he's conveniently making statements comparing Kim to Gone Girl a week or two before the episode they talk about him.

Maybe I'm way too cynical about this group. However, you can't argue with the track record -- a lot of Bruce's transition stuff hit the tabloids right before the season kicked off and now Rob's suddenly back in discussion after months off the radar; they're both storylines, it appears, to some extent. So what the fuck? Either way it makes them look bad, imo -- they're either exploiting someone's life situation (albeit willingly) or they're making it up for tv.

On a shallow note, both Kim and Khloe look horrible in that clip, imo. Both Kim and Khloe have some really awful lips going on and they both look quite plastic.

Yeah, this family is way too famewhorish for this and Bruce's journey to not be amped up for the cameras. When the Odbornes had their reality show and their oldest daughter didn't want to be on. She wasn't on. I doubt they even mentioned her name more than once or twice in passing. Too coincidental that Rob surfaces right when they mention him on the show. Bruce too, he wants off the show and out of the public eye, but he's on more than ever now. I think Rob is fat. Kris is at a loss how to make money off him and for him. So they play the depression card. We gave Kim playing the fertility card. Kanye and Kim playing the people hate us cause we're an interracial couple card. Kourt and Scott have the alcoholic/dysfunctional couple card. Khloe is the nice girl who can't find a good guy. Kris is earth mother who isn't appreciated etc. All that's left for Rob is fat family member/misfit/failure to launch.

They're playing us.

Rob started going down hill when he moved in with Khloe and Lamar. I want to know what went on in that house.

It was a very dark place. Bad things happened. So he says. I suspect Lamar wasn't the big old Lamy that Khloe pretended he was. I don't think he was too interested I Khloe as a woman. She always seemed desperate to get him hot for her. Either he was too far gone in terms of drugs,that sex held no appeal. Or it was just that he didn't find her attractive. He preferred video games and goofing around with Rob.

I never liked him.

It was a very dark place. Bad things happened. So he says. I suspect Lamar wasn't the big old Lamy that Khloe pretended he was. I don't think he was too interested I Khloe as a woman. She always seemed desperate to get him hot for her. Either he was too far gone in terms of drugs,that sex held no appeal. Or it was just that he didn't find her attractive. He preferred video games and goofing around with Rob.

I never liked him.

It had to be more than video games and goofing around. What ever it was, it really screwed up Rob. I blame Khloe for some of that because she let it happen. 

What's bad is that it's done so much damage to Rob and yet Kris still wants to call Lamar on his birthday? They want to kiss up to Lamar? They should not want anything to do with him.

What's bad is that it's done so much damage to Rob and yet Kris still wants to call Lamar on his birthday? They want to kiss up to Lamar? They should not want anything to do with him.

I know. I don't understand these people and where their loyalties are. They make me kinda sick to my stomach.  

Something happened in that house, & it must have been a doozy because Khloe blames herself for how Rob is, but I can't imagine what it was. She also said that she doesn't crave sex, so maybe she just wanted Lamar to want her, but didn't want actual sex with him.

But Lamar was a Laker and shit rainbow glitter that got Kris and Bruce courtside. Didn't Kris have a Laker mom tag on one of her cars? and wasnt everyone was wearing Laker colors? Such as kissing posers, they never showed that kind of love to Humphries

• Love 1

As much as I realize this family lives for exploiting everything I do not believe for a 2nd what Rob is going through is something made up so he has a story on KUWTK.  If they plan to address it on the show thats one thing but I really do believe hes got some major problems. Call me naive but yeah, not buying it. Hes been a recluse for months and faking being depressed just so this could pave the way for a mention on the show? I dont know what came first his weight gain or the depression but I'm sure they go hand and hand. IMO he started going down hill when Adrienne broke up with him, then whatever the hell went down living with Khloe and Lamar.

• Love 2

But Lamar was a Laker and shit rainbow glitter that got Kris and Bruce courtside. Didn't Kris have a Laker mom tag on one of her cars? and wasnt everyone was wearing Laker colors? Such as kissing posers, they never showed that kind of love to Humphries

Now Kanye shits rainbow glitter and they all wear his rediculous Yeezus clothes.....

• Love 4

As much as I realize this family lives for exploiting everything I do not believe for a 2nd what Rob is going through is something made up so he has a story on KUWTK.  If they plan to address it on the show thats one thing but I really do believe hes got some major problems. Call me naive but yeah, not buying it. Hes been a recluse for months and faking being depressed just so this could pave the way for a mention on the show? I dont know what came first his weight gain or the depression but I'm sure they go hand and hand. IMO he started going down hill when Adrienne broke up with him, then whatever the hell went down living with Khloe and Lamar.

And for me, if this is true, it makes this "storyline" worse. I can't imagine how on earth putting it on tv to be dissected by his family for millions to view is going to help him. I do feel bad for him if he's fighting depression, but, if he's actively participating in playing out the drama on tv, then I don't feel quite so bad. And I have to think he is participating on some level, given his Gone Girl instagram. The timing is entirely too coincidental.

Listen: Rob is never going to be poverty-stricken, living in rags, camping under bridges, eating beans out of a can. He does not have to participate in something that likely does nothing to improve his mental health. It seems to me, if he really feels the way he claims he does, he wouldn't be a storyline on the show. And that's why something doesn't feel right. I wonder if he has a contractual obligation to appear and if the family's holding him to it?

I can see a possibility that the weight gain happened and he kept to himself because of it, but then it was built into something more for the show -- "Rob's Depressed." Just spitballing because it's still fishy to me.

• Love 1

I do not feel sorry for Rob at all.  He has always come off as someone who is spoiled and lazy - and who has a sense of entitlement because of his last name.   He was never going to have any kind of "career" in front of the camera - he has too bland of a personality.  The sock line was a stupid idea.

He should have followed through his plans of going to law school.  That would have separated him from his family. 

If it is true what Kim claims - that his family is enabling him - by doing everything for him - he will just continue on this spiral.

There are people with real problems - not this pity party for an over indulgent rich kid.

He should have followed through his plans of going to law school.  That would have separated him from his family. 

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this, when your father was one of the lawyers who got OJ Simpson declared innocent, & you're named after him, going into the same profession is not going to separate him from his family. Part of their original fame came from their father.

• Love 1

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this, when your father was one of the lawyers who got OJ Simpson declared innocent, & you're named after him, going into the same profession is not going to separate him from his family. Part of their original fame came from their father.

I've always thought Rob went to law school at his dad's alma mater because it was expected of him. Especially after his father's death. There's not a lot  of brain power in this brood, Kim is shrewd and conniving like Kris. Kendall and Kylie... well at least Kendall's pretty. Khloe? She has a bit of common sense, but fails to apply it in her own life. Kourtney is probably the sharpest knife in the drawer, but we really don't see her in the business world enough to really notice it. I think she is the brains behind DASH. Rob... very sensitive to others and I think he sees the family has veered far off course from what this show was supposed to be all about. I think he feels odd man out and the black sheep, along with some kind of depression or PTSD..type thing. But it is too coincidental that he posts the Gone Girl thing just as an episode about Kim's disgust with him along with her magazine interview talking about him. This kind of timing happens too often with this family for it to be coincidental. Either he is an active participant or he allows his name and discussions about him to be a part of the show for monetary reasons.. or because Kris was sleazy enough to create a contract that gives her or E! or both total control over how he is portrayed.

Some day someone in this family will break loose and reveal all. I hope it's Penelope, I love how she pretty much ignores Kris,

There's not a lot  of brain power in this brood

We don't know how much actual intellectual ability any of them have because this is not a family that values education or intelligence.   It's all about looking good and living large.   

Rob may well have wanted to go to law school, but you don't get good reality tv out of law school.   He wouldn't have been available to jet off on vacations to "make memories" all the time.   You have to go to class.   Plus, any self-respecting law school would not allow filming of the show on campus.   Can you imagine Kim showing up to "help" Rob study at the library?   Also, believe me, there is NOTHING interesting about studying for the bar.   It's just basically you and your books for 3 months hoping you survive the experience.

If Rob is heavy then Kim is overweight herself. So, shut up girl.

All I see Kim doing is producing a nation of body issues for many girls/women and her family as well...including Rob, maybe Bruce and perhaps even her mother. She told her she looked Amish in an outfit which was better looking than 99% better than the poorly fitting crap Kim wears.

Rob, IMO is a good looking guy who needs to disown his family and develop his own life. The weight will take care of itself.

• Love 3

I pity North if she has any insecurities or issues growing up. With Kim as a mother, she'll get no sympathy or support. I hate to wish Ill on a child but it would be so perfect if she grew up fat, acne prone and unattractive,just to see Kims reaction.

If Rob still looks anywhere near what he looked like the last time he was seen in public, hes not just overweight but he's obese.  Kim is no skinny thing but she's nowhere near what Rob is.  I actually think Kim has a nice, normal figure when she isnt stuffing herself into clothes 5x too small.

• Love 2

I actually think Kim has a nice, normal figure when she isnt stuffing herself into clothes 5x too small.

There is nothing normal about her giant fake ass.

• Love 3

Kris sends people to check Robs condo? Go yourself you bitch. Don't call the cops because it would be a media circus? The Fuck? You live for a media circus. If something happens you'd have a step and repeat at the funeral.

Kim would be front and center, all dark glasses and tits leading the procession.

But I still question just how coincidental it is that this happens just as the episode about him is set to air. Theres something "off" about the whole thing.

• Love 2

Oh, my Lord, people! Can't you see that this Rob drama is all just a big gimmick strategically  to get us to watch the stupid show?  Haven't you realized that this family will abandon any sense of propriety and true concern just to get more attention?  I know that Kris, et. al., are snickering behind their "shady" little hands, cackling at the general gullibility of the American people.  Rob is fine--this is just manufactured, scripted drama.  In order to pick up a paycheck, each of this bunch needs to appear in the show. They probably sit around a table and think up the most outrageous stuff so that we will be suckered in to watch. This is not reality, this is surreality. LIke the old joke, "How can you tell when a Kardashian is lying?"  Answer:"Their (grossly pumped up) lips are moving."

• Love 4

I highly doubt Rob is "fine." He didn't  gain all the weight he did for a gimmick. He also took off the night before Kim's wedding and ran for the hills, those are real issues he's having.

• Love 5

I highly doubt Rob is "fine." He didn't  gain all the weight he did for a gimmick. He also took off the night before Kim's wedding and ran for the hills, those are real issues he's having.

People are free to believe whatever they want, but I'm with you 100% here. Nothing will convince me Rob doesnt have some major issues and that's hes perfectly fine. Even if he has agreed to let some of his drama be allowed to air on screen I'm absolutely convinced he's got a serious problem.  You dont gain 100lbs and basically become a recluse for months for the sake of some big joke to be played out on TV.  Just witnessing his bizarre social media behavior the last year or so tells me hes not right in the head.  If anyone wants to believe every single thing this family does is fake thats fine too but I'm not really in that camp.  Maybe this depression issue just hits too close to home for me because I've witnessed people I know go through depression and do nothing but binge eat as a way of trying to make themselves feel better, I've also had to deal with an old friend commit suicide because the people around him closest to him ignored all the signs that he was crying out for him..these people thought he was "fine" too and just wanted attention after his marriage fell apart.

• Love 7

Yeah I don't think this is all for the show. I mean maybe it is for everyone but Rob but there does seem to be a real legit issue.

And that's the problem I have with this. Even if he agreed to have this stuff on the air, you'd think someone in this vulgar, famewhoring family would care enough to say "no, I think Rob should be out of bounds while he works through his issues." But no one is. Not one of them. And so it's pretty obvious money, ratings, fame is more important than any single member of this family. They are truly loathsome.

• Love 2

Scott was the only one when they were rifling thru his room to say it was inappropriate and a violation of his space.

Scott, the voice of reason? Who knew.

I am curious as to the huge supply of condoms. Maybe he's ordering in hookers along with lunch?

• Love 3

And that's the problem I have with this. Even if he agreed to have this stuff on the air, you'd think someone in this vulgar, famewhoring family would care enough to say "no, I think Rob should be out of bounds while he works through his issues." But no one is. Not one of them. And so it's pretty obvious money, ratings, fame is more important than any single member of this family. They are truly loathsome.

Kim is whoring out phony fertility problems, Bruce is selling his journey, Kris is putting herself out there as the beleaguered mother instead of pimp mama mastermind and on and on. True, made up or a hybrid of both, they care not as long as ratings and press show results.

(edited)

Sadly I think drugs too, especially if he doesn't leave the house and locks up in his room. As well as Khloe's "I can't go though this, again."

Edited by Artsda

Sadly I think drugs too, especially if he doesn't leave the house and locks up in his room. As well as Khloe's "I can't go though this, again."

There was a rumor that Rob did drugs with Lamar when he lived with him and Khloe.

Hope Rob finds a way to save himself!

• Love 1