Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings and Scheduling

TheRabbi
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Thinking about it . . . does it matter that only three Racers are going to appear on Challenge USA? My original thought was that was for the best, since the overlap between TAR and the “mainstream” Challenge was just Victor (originally from Big Brother), Jenn (ran one leg; she might as well been advertised as “Instagram model”) and Natalie (more well-known for her appearances on Survivor). Now, I’m wondering that the lack of Racers would translate to fewer people getting interested in TAR for the first time.

I know my negativity about how the show is presented is grating, and I’m trying to mute it. I also know that’s shit out that way more deserving of ire. It’s just that the scheduling is frustrating in general.

Edited by Lantern7

The f#$k with the constant disrespect by CBS in regards to TAR. They tried this schtick years ago moving a FAMILY SHOW to 10PM on Tuesdays. Luckily it showed signs of life and stayed alive. Can't believe they are giving any carryover viewers from SURVIVOR to this Love Boat garbage. If you're gonna do this at least bring back KID NATION....that was an awesome show that deserved better than a single season canning.

By the way: THE LOVE BOAT from the 1970's would never make it on the air today amids all this #Metoo hullabaloo.  The skipper, Doc, Gopher...all of them would be run off the Pacific Princess  on sexual harrasment charges.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:43 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

We're almost to the point where it doesn't matter when a show is broadcast though. People will watch at their own leisure later On Demand or streaming. It's the live +7 ratings now.

Do people still watch live TV? I almost never watch anything live anymore.  It doesn't matter when it's on; I record everything and watch it when it's convenient for me.

44 minutes ago, Omeletsmom said:

Do people still watch live TV? I almost never watch anything live anymore.  It doesn't matter when it's on; I record everything and watch it when it's convenient for me.

Reality shows like TAR, Survivor, Dancing with the Stars are ones I like watching live.  I can't stand the suspense of not knowing what happened lol  When it comes to regular scripted programming though, there's barely anything left on the big 4 networks that I watch.  And what I do watch I wait to get uploaded on their respective streaming platform.  The only way I might watch something scripted in real time is if it's the premiere, finale, or some special episode.  

I am disappointed that TAR got pushed to the 10pm slot, but I get why CBS did it.  They must want The Real Loveboat to succeed, because this was the kind of show that seemed better suited for summer or mid season.  

(edited)
On 6/26/2022 at 1:43 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

People will watch at their own leisure later On Demand or streaming. It's the live +7 ratings now.

Live-plus-7 means absolutely nothing to advertisers, and they're the only ones who matter. L7 is good for network PR, but not much lot beyond that. The only rating that matters, and the one never released to the public, is the so-called C3 rating. This measures who in the audience of Nielsen households (i.e. those with the actual metering devices attached to their tuners) watch the show's ads live or delayed on a PVR up to 3 days after live. The rating is in minutes of ads consumed. There is also C7 but C3 is still the standard by my understanding.

Advertisers don't give a toss who watches the actual show for the most part. They care who watches the ads they spend millions of dollars on. If I'm buing $20,000,000 worth of ad time on CBS, those who Timeshift and zap my company's ads are of no interest to me at all.

Edited by NJRadioGuy

Damn.  It's hard enough to find something else to watch/do while Survivor is just an hour.  And while I am glad TAR is expanding, I have to get up early on Thursdays to go to work!  11 is late for me!