Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Guest Shark Ashton Kutcher, The Beebo, ACTON, McClary Bros., SignalVault

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

While Kevin's mean-guy act may just be an act, and it may be good television, it really isn't getting him many investments.  If I were an entrepreneur, he's the one I'd want to work with least simply because he's comfortable saying terrible things to people.  A big part of business partnership is actually respecting and wanting to work with your partner; he's both disrespectful, and undeserving of respect.  And it seems like anytime he makes an offer against another shark, even when it's an identical offer, Kevin isn't getting picked. Other than his cupcakes, I'm guessing he doesn't count on Shark Tank investments as a good potential revenue stream since no one wants to work with him.

• Love 3

I caught the rerun of this episode last night and enjoyed it. I thought the Beebo was a good idea, I would invest in that company. The parent can do other things while still holding/feeding the baby ... brilliant. I also was impressed with Ashton, a big surprise, and hope he comes back. I really liked him, he was like a "real world" investor, even though I know he's terribly rich just like the others. I also liked his snapping back at Kevin, who relies way too much on being a mean curmudgeon. If he's like that in real life ... just ouch to family and friends.

Plus if you skate to a location, you need to take your skates off to go inside usually. So they have a tiny edge over rollerblades in that you would be wearing shoes already once you unbuckled, but both have the problem that then you need to lug your skates around when you get where you're going. So if you're going to work or something, yeah maybe it'd work because you can store them somewhere, but if you're running to the store or some errand, now you have to lug 'em around. So they keep repeating the transportation angle but they also don't seem to really mean it.

That's what I wondered about. The battery on my cordless drill is relatively heavy and doesn't have near the run-time of those skates. So yea if you use the for transportation, what are you supposed to do when you get to your destination, or when the charge runs out? Carry around these heavy/bulky things?