Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Zombie Road

That was kind of ridiculous -- even for this show.  They really should have called this episode "Mad Murphy: Zombie Road".

All of sudden everyone is a terrible shot -- like really, really terrible.  Even 10K.

Right before the truck plowed through that blockade, why was one of the Blasters carrying a torch and setting fire to the blockade ?

If this convoy was going from Seattle to Edmonton -- by way of Wyoming, apparently from that shot of Devil's Tower -- how did that guy in the red jacket get Z-weed from a lab in Minneapolis exactly ?

I didn't understand why some of the Blasters were doing the crab walk ?

Best line of the episode:

Doc: "We have to get out of here."

Guy in the red jacket (to Doc): "Are you high ?"

Doc: "Yes I am, and we have to get out of here."

And where is all the fuel coming from for Murphy's car -- a) it's a gas guzzler, and b) it's a long way to Minneapolis along dirt backroads.

How does the group expect to even find Murphy if/when they get to Minneapolis ?  They have no idea where this lab is.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

All of sudden everyone is a terrible shot -- like really, really terrible.  Even 10K.

This was going to be my one comment and you got here first! *cries*

I think it was supposed to be that the zombies moved sooo fast and they couldn't get them, but then it was like the director forgot and then it was like they couldn't even hit zombies that were right there and barely moving.

And Z weed? WTF, talk about random.

My favorite line of today was "You're not the boss of me. She is." lol.

I'm glad there's hope of Cassandra becoming more humanish.

• Love 5
 I think it was supposed to be that the zombies moved sooo fast and they couldn't get them, but then it was like the director forgot and then it was like they couldn't even hit zombies that were right there and barely moving.

Yeah this episode depressed me, no one could shoot a moving target even when they were walking forward directly into the line of fire. It was especially bad when Roberta and 10 k couldn't hit a target from close up. Also when did Addie become mace shy? she didn't even try and smash in a zombie face. Lame.

I really hope the next episode starts bringing the zany and competence back to our survivors otherwise I won't be able to enjoy the episodes much.

• Love 1

A few shots when Murphy, Doc and Stoner guy were being pursued were taken directly from The Road Warrior aka Mad Max 2 which made me happy. 

I like how  the scene where Murphy is on the back of the truck while Addy drives away and the Blaster zombie stares at him reminded me of the ending to Game of Thrones Hardhome.

• Love 1

Well, that was a whole lot of nonsense, but it still had its moments.  Murphy and Doc always make it worthwhile.  So, we've gone from Call of Duty to Fury Road.  Next week seems to involve plant monsters.  Never a dull moment.  

Seems like the blaster zombies could have just jumped off after them, but whatever, they're gone now.  I think the point of them holding a torch and setting fires and such, was that this batch was sentient.  Talk about an unfortunate mutation.

Random thought:  Wouldn't Cassandra now have antibodies in her blood?  Also, I seriously can't deal with her clothes anymore. 

My favorite line of today was "You're not the boss of me. She is." lol.

Mine, too!

• Love 1

I'm glad there's hope of Cassandra becoming more humanish.

In all the chaos, I almost forgot that she sadly connected with 10K for a moment.  Wah.  But smoking that Z weed seemed to give her the wrong kind of munchies.  I'm just glad they're all willing to roll with her however she is, and nobody wants to put her down.  As Doc said, "She comes and goes, kid."

• Love 1

On second thought, this episode wasn't that bad, I think it's just that I didn't like those Blaster zombies.

I noticed that 10K was also looking at that girl shooter with the marks on her face.  He looked pretty sad when she got eaten.  He knows now that there's no chance of a "normal" Cassandra ever again.

Cassandra girl, that's a pretty funky ho outfit you got there.  You and Murphy together are just too much funk. 

I liked Stoner Guy with the jacked teeth; alas, I'm not sure he's long for this world.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

Poor 10K is never going to get a girlfriend, is he?  Cassandra is mutated, the cute Asian girl at the shooting competition wound up going away with her dad and now cute girl with weird red marks gets killed.  

I suppose the Asian girl could show up again at some point.  Maybe soon, since everyone forgot how to shoot.  

• Love 1

In all the chaos, I almost forgot that she sadly connected with 10K for a moment.  Wah.  But smoking that Z weed seemed to give her the wrong kind of munchies.  I'm just glad they're all willing to roll with her however she is, and nobody wants to put her down.  As Doc said, "She comes and goes, kid."

I'd feel better about it, though, if they consistently remembered that she existed.

Murphy, I will assume, was telepathically summoning her, but did even one other person notice that she wasn't around?

• Love 2

I'd feel better about it, though, if they consistently remembered that she existed.

Murphy, I will assume, was telepathically summoning her, but did even one other person notice that she wasn't around?

I think the editing left a lot to be desired this episode.

• Love 1

As Doc said, "She comes and goes, kid."

I see a lot of going (Cassandra acting like a mind-controlled slave), but no coming (Cassandra acting like a sentient human). I have yet to see any point where she's acted like anything but Murphy's pet this season, which made that "comes and goes" comment make even less sense. I wish they would show more of the old Cassandra peeking out, so that I would get that there's something there worth saving. I am shocked Roberta hasn't tried to talk some sense into Murphy and tell him to stop treating Cassandra like a zombie handmaiden, particularly considering the past Cassandra tried so hard to escape.

The first thing Cassandra needs to do to prove she's thinking for herself again is punch Murphy in the face for dressing her like a hooker. I am so angry at what they've allowed to happen to this character.

Edited by Zanne
  • Love 6

I guess all tv radiation isn't made equal since the radiated zombies last season didn't have crazy powers.  I read a zombie book a few months about about radiation turning the zombies crazy fast.  I wonder if one of the writers read the same book during the hiatus.  I love how this show seems to just toss in random stuff whenever it suits.  Like being bad shots.  That was awesome.  However, I think if they are going to do that, they have to force 10k to change his name. 

So I missed the thing about the Z weed.  Are they smoking marijuana laced with zombie flesh?  

• Love 1
I liked Stoner Guy with the jacked teeth; alas, I'm not sure he's long for this world.

That goofy, foul-toofeded Wrecking Ball, and his Z-Weed, were the funniest parts of a show that is becoming less humorous than it was in season 1.  I loved that scene when the leader of the convoy, Sam, came to the car with Wrecking Ball, Doc and Murphy inside and the Z-Weed smoke poured out of the window.

Was anyone else irrationally annoyed by Addy's leather jacket that only had one sleeve?

I wasn't irrationally annoyed but I didn't see the point of having one arm exposed and one covered but I guess having partial protection is better than none.  Maybe she was trying to get her sexy on?

I think that because she's rolled with the group for quite some time and distance, that because she hasn't been aggressive towards the group and because they hold out some hope for her conversion back to a mostly human organism they put up with her though they do seem to forget her when they are about to hit the road.

I think the contact high from that Z-Weed seemed to clear her head for a little while.

This was going to be my one comment and you got here first! *cries*

I didn't know if the posse had become sorry shots over the course of a day or so or if the Blasters were so rough and tough they were able to survive head shots.

• Love 3

Yeah, it seemed to be the blaster zombies were getting hit and kept coming.  Doesn't excuse the lack of effective head shots.  I did like that Murphy couldn't communicate with them, because that's sort of an old gimmick to me now.  I don't mind them coming up with nonsensical blaster zombies who hunt in packs, this is Z Nation, anything is possible.

Though I'm a bit bothered by Cassandra running when Murphy calls, and her keeping that outfit on (especially bloody) I like how she seems to be becoming more aware.  I am hoping that we're building to a "No" the next time he calls her.  She is acting like a groupie, though we know she's compelled.  When stoner guy called her Murphy's girlfriend, she glared at him.  I don't want to think this hard about Z Nation, they need to fix this soon!

I had actually watched Fury Road earlier in the day and then Z Nation; ZN's chase scenes looked like they were standing still.  I know you can't compare a movie with this goofy tv show, but there wasn't any real urgency in ZN.

Overall I liked this one; much better than last week.  Stoner guy and Doc were fun; Murphy's "You're not the boss of me. She is" was funny and there were some other funny bits.  They do much better when they make the rounds of the characters and don't focus so much on Murphy. 

Was anyone else irrationally annoyed by Addy's leather jacket that only had one sleeve?

It was definitely a stupid look, but what I think they intended was that the leather sleeve kept her from bending her dominant arm to fight the most effectively. Just like the Amazons supposedly cut off a breast so they could use bows to better advantage, Addy will cut off a sleeve.

Or maybe it was her version of the rending of cloth over Mack's death.

• Love 2

Seems like the blaster zombies could have just jumped off after them, but whatever, they're gone now.  I think the point of them holding a torch and setting fires and such, was that this batch was sentient.  Talk about an unfortunate mutation.

I thought the barricades were set up by the Road Pirates (or whatever)?

Those guys were really good at shooting people from moving vehicles, in the head most (all?) the time. You'd think if you were fighting another group of people, creating zombies in their midst would actually be a better strategy. But I think the epsiode wanted to save "zombies on board" for the finale.

This is the most fun show on tv right now. What an absolutely storming episode! Kept me glued from start to finish.

The blasters were awesome creepy. The way they crawled on the floor and were super fast.

And I loved the nod to 3:10 to Yuma! The western feel really came to the fore.

Edited by greenbean
  • Love 3

I loved the nod to 3:10 to Yuma! The western feel really came to the fore.

I'm not a fan of westerns, so it just made me think of The Simpsons: "Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You may remember me from such movies as Cry Yuma."

• Love 1

Poor 10K. He just has no luck with the ladies.

So is zweed temporarily turning Cassandra more human? O-kay. That's weird. But I like the weirdness. Zweed and Blaster zombies, at least this show is enjoying itself. I'm glad Doc's gunshot wound seems to be totally healed. Maybe the radiation really does sure gunshots.

On 9/27/2015 at 2:47 PM, Zanne said:

I wish they would show more of the old Cassandra peeking out, so that I would get that there's something there worth saving. I am shocked Roberta hasn't tried to talk some sense into Murphy and tell him to stop treating Cassandra like a zombie handmaiden, particularly considering the past Cassandra tried so hard to escape.

The first thing Cassandra needs to do to prove she's thinking for herself again is punch Murphy in the face for dressing her like a hooker. I am so angry at what they've allowed to happen to this character.

I'm angry about this also, and it's hard to keep watching without seeing any improvement in this situation. But I'm trying to catch up so I can see if the new season (fall 2017) is any good.