Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I think that there is something seriously wrong with Kourtney. OK, maybe that's harsh. After all, I really don't think that there is anything "wrong" with people who have Asperger's or are on the spectrum. But I think that she is on the spectrum. Her affect is so dramatically flat, and her voice is so monotone it goes beyond learned behavior from living with a histrionic mother. She has so little investment in any relationships. I find watching her to be sooo off-putting because it's kind of like the elephant in the room that no one addresses. Every now and then Scott will say something about her lack of emotion towards him, but he fails to realize that it's not just towards him, it's with everyone. Watching the rare occasion where she labels an emotion that she has or that someone else has is chilling. The girl does not flinch and could be talking about the weather when she says things like; "Scott was so sad that his dad died. I feel so bad for him." I find Kim to be very emotionless, but her flat affect does seem to be a way of keeping us and the cameras at a distance as anyone would if their whole life were filmed. Kylie and Kendall are no drama queens either, but they seem to have some glimmer of life in their eyes. I just had to get this off my chest. Any K season that relies heavily on Kourtney- such as the Hamptons episodes- is both compelling and repellant to me. I keep watching her waiting for her to crack and show some sort of emotion. She. Never. Does.

The only time I have ever seen any emotion from her (or Kim ) was when her father's death is mentioned. I believe it was an episode where they were at a counseling session and talking about Rob Sr. dying of cancer.

• Love 4

I think that there is something seriously wrong with Kourtney. OK, maybe that's harsh. After all, I really don't think that there is anything "wrong" with people who have Asperger's or are on the spectrum. But I think that she is on the spectrum. Her affect is so dramatically flat, and her voice is so monotone it goes beyond learned behavior from living with a histrionic mother. She has so little investment in any relationships. I find watching her to be sooo off-putting because it's kind of like the elephant in the room that no one addresses. Every now and then Scott will say something about her lack of emotion towards him, but he fails to realize that it's not just towards him, it's with everyone. Watching the rare occasion where she labels an emotion that she has or that someone else has is chilling. The girl does not flinch and could be talking about the weather when she says things like; "Scott was so sad that his dad died. I feel so bad for him." I find Kim to be very emotionless, but her flat affect does seem to be a way of keeping us and the cameras at a distance as anyone would if their whole life were filmed. Kylie and Kendall are no drama queens either, but they seem to have some glimmer of life in their eyes. I just had to get this off my chest. Any K season that relies heavily on Kourtney- such as the Hamptons episodes- is both compelling and repellant to me. I keep watching her waiting for her to crack and show some sort of emotion. She. Never. Does.

I've been saying that I think Kourtney has Aspergers or something similar for a while. It's like she's someone who can't act who's reading a script. She can say the words, but has no idea how to convey being involved in the scene.

I agree. I find it completely bizarre that her degree is in Theater Arts (per Wikipedia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kourtney_Kardashian)

I've been saying that I think Kourtney has Aspergers or something similar for a while. It's like she's someone who can't act who's reading a script. She can say the words, but has no idea how to convey being involved in the scene.

Two or three episodes ago, something happened and during her TH she deadpanned, "I'm filled with emotions right now..." She looked and sounded like she was discussing the price of eggs. I'm sure that there's something going on that would explain her lack of emotion of any kind. I just hope that it doesn't have a negative effect on the kids at some point.

I thought Kourtney had more personality prior to when she had Mason. I saw some reruns of the Miami season before she knew she was pregnant and she seemed more open and had more of a personality. I just assumed that she has her guard up during most of the filming, because there seem to be moments here and there where she does show more personality and does not have the flat affect. I am okay with her cashing in the reality show paycheck while not being as open as the majority of her family is. Though I am probably wrong. 

• Love 1

Based on the past week alone she's seeming great and the most normal of the bunch. While the rest are all in twitter drama, statutory rape drama, attacking music integrity at Grammys, dragging a crying baby to fashion shows etc... Kourtney's nowhere near any of it, nowhere near NY or the drama of the rest.

Instead she's going to the movies to see 50 Shades with Scott, taking her kid to ballet, making waffles for her kids, reading her kids story books for bedtime and eating heart shaped pizza. 

• Love 8

I think Kourtney is by far the smartest of the group. The show is strictly business for her. She'll fulfill her contract and show up to film, but she's not going to get involved in petty drama and Twitter wars. I also think she has much more sense as a Mom. I remember the episode where Scott bought her a sports car for her birthday and her first reaction was "how am I going to fit carseats in there?" Even though all the Kardashian grandchildren have multiple nannies, I do think Kourtney and Scott are pretty hands on as parents. Unlike North, Mason and Penelope seem to enjoy being around their mom and dad.

• Love 8

I just cringe at Khloe's "baby talk."  It's on another level of uncomfortable to watch/hear.  I just saw a re-run of Khloe & Lamar where he did not make the All-Star team.  When he came home that night, Khloe was so uncomfortable and unable to just relate to her husband as his partner, everything came out in that stupid f****g voice.  Lamar quietly asked her to leave it be and not talk about his loss for the rest of the evening….in agreement, she extended her pinkie (as in pinkie-promise gesture) and said "prom prom" in that absurd voice.  If you look at Lamar it was at that moment she became man-repellent (sexually).  I don't think most grown men would find that stupidity cute, fun or endearing.  Ultimately, it's just a turn-off when it's coming from your lover.   

• Love 3

Kris already tried to land a mag exclusive after the baby was born and there were no takers for the huge amount she was looking for. I wonder if they want the reveal to be on KUWK now? Either that or Kourtney is opting for privacy now.

Didn't Scott and Kourt have a bet, the winner of which would get to choose who was allowed in the delivery room? He felt it was too crowded with Mason and P. IMO, Scott and Kourt have put some distance between themselves and the family, especially when they aren't filming. Kourt really seems to have little interest in the night life/parties and appearances, rubbing shoulders with the celebs that Kim craves the company of, isn't her thing. 

Didn't Scott and Kourt have a bet, the winner of which would get to choose who was allowed in the delivery room? He felt it was too crowded with Mason and P. IMO, Scott and Kourt have put some distance between themselves and the family, especially when they aren't filming. Kourt really seems to have little interest in the night life/parties and appearances, rubbing shoulders with the celebs that Kim craves the company of, isn't her thing. 

She had said herself that the only other person she wanted there this time was Kendall - who in any event was in NY when she had the baby as he arrived early.Kendall, according to Kourt is the one she is now closest to .Kendall apparently just spends a lot of her down time hanging out at her and Scott's  house with her and the kids and when all Scott's drama was going on ,and Khloe was off with French ,Kendall has basically moved into Kanye's for the summer and was going to her doctor's appointments with her.

I think they have similar personalities. The flash and the glamour doesn't appeal to Kourtney. She seems content to live a quiet life with the kids and Scott. Khloe mentioned that Kourt loved the whole Hamptons thing of fruit and veggie stands and the beach and just being alone with her children. I guess Kendall likes the part of modeling that is arms length from people. She doesn't have to interact or engage, people can only see her. She seems to avoid the large parties and nightclub scene, has only a few close friends that she travels with and works with.

• Love 3

True, Kendall's more Jenner like with wanting to do things out in Malibu with the boys and when she wanted a truck.  She's on the cover of new Allure and the photoshoot notes say she showed up alone to the shoot, with just a backpack and without an entourage. Which since they pointed it out, must be rare or they were shocked.

I think her eyes were opened when her mother got so bent out of shape because she was spending time with the "Jenner side" of the family surfing and relaxing instead of being seen having lunch at all the Hot spots in town with mommy.

Loved her calling out BS on Kris and Bruce's "we're still happily married, just gonna live apart" crap.

• Love 1

Another Kardashian hosting at a Vegas Club and it's not a Tao! I bet you Scott will be there too. I wonder if this will be her look I've got 3 kids and I look hot in a bikini again moment

11034278_10152673688091190_5511800421848

A better question is, will she actually show up?

So have they released a picture of Reign that shows his face? He's over 3 months old by now, right? It feels like a really long time. I wonder if they're waiting until his "premiere" on the show.

It does seem like a long time, especially when pics of Mason and P were released so soon. Wonder who Reign looks like.

Beautiful baby! They're each kind of a mix of the parents imo, though slightly different mixes.

I guess Reign prefers white vs black, oatmeal and grey?

No designer mentioned? Stella Mc Cartney or Ricardo or Valentino didn't send specially selected baby clothes for him? Kanye didn't gift him with a pleather diaper cover? Or a bullet proof vest? Poor neglected thing.

He is a cutie though!!

• Love 5

Kourtney's debuted a photo of Reign, (for free) on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/0-usb8k1lm/

He's so cute, looks like Mason. All the kids take after Scott so much.

He's adorable, but I find it interesting that some of the comments were surprised that she had another baby. Kris seems to be slacking in the PR area.

He's adorable, but I find it interesting that some of the comments were surprised that she had another baby. Kris seems to be slacking in the PR area.

Wonder why they would be surprised. Isn't that what Kourt's life is all about. Have babies with the man who supposedly can't get it together? Get knocked up, film pregnancy, script Scott drinking (or maybe that's real), complain about Scott, demand support from family, have baby on TV, rinse and repeat.

If Kourt is so above the rest and the drama then why does she profit from it? Why not separate herself and earn her money the way others do? Work, raise kids with a decent guy, and get off tv. Oh, but Kourt is special and can only be understood by other specials

• Love 3

Seems she's on her way, with other family members.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/armenia/11523995/Keeping-Up-With-The-Kardashians...-in-Armenia-why-is-Kim-Kardashian-there.html

I like this storyline - most Americans couldn't find Armenia on a map; could be educational.

You just used the words Kardashian & educational in the same post, whoever thought that would happen? LOL

I'm guessing that this is the annual family vacation & it's being filmed for the show.

You just used the words Kardashian & educational in the same post, whoever thought that would happen? LOL

Oops!

I'd never heard of this show until a stylist friend talked me into watching it with her - but fashion isn't my thing so I focused on locations and the psychology of the family. I actually have learned a few things.

I'm guessing that this is the annual family vacation & it's being filmed for the show.

I wonder if they screamed from the hotel balcony "The Kardashians are in the house BITCHES"

Or will they wait till the last night and jump naked or nearly naked in a pool or fountain?

Or will they wait till the last night and jump naked or nearly naked in a pool or fountain?

You don't seriously think Kim is going to wait the entire vacation before she shows everyone her cooch, do you? 

Seems she's on her way, with other family members.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/armenia/11523995/Keeping-Up-With-The-Kardashians...-in-Armenia-why-is-Kim-Kardashian-there.html

I like this storyline - most Americans couldn't find Armenia on a map; could be educational.

Why is Khloe going? She is not even Armenian, lol. Actually, none of K-klan are 100% Armenian. Kris is Scottish, English and Dutch but you only ever hear about the Armenian side.

• Love 1

Reign is so cute, he looks a lot like Penelope to me! I really want to know what happened with the name, though. She started with Mason, which is a common name for babies now, then Penelope which is a little less popular, but cute and then Reign? It just doesn't match the style.

I know that everything the Kardashians do and say is pretty much fake, but I'm getting the impression that Kourtney is the most involved with Bruce out of all of his step kids. Even though she isn't the most emotional, affectionate person, I think she genuinely cares more about Bruce than I would have thought. It's nice to see, and if it's genuine love for her stepfather, then I really commend her for being there for him.

Reign is so cute, he looks a lot like Penelope to me! I really want to know what happened with the name, though. She started with Mason, which is a common name for babies now, then Penelope which is a little less popular, but cute and then Reign? It just doesn't match the style.

I know that everything the Kardashians do and say is pretty much fake, but I'm getting the impression that Kourtney is the most involved with Bruce out of all of his step kids. Even though she isn't the most emotional, affectionate person, I think she genuinely cares more about Bruce than I would have thought. It's nice to see, and if it's genuine love for her stepfather, then I really commend her for being there for him.

I think it's also a compensating behavior for the lack of attention the rest of the family is giving him. I think Kourtney has a good heart, she just isn't an overtly emotional person. It explains her difficulty in dealing with Scotts grief over his parents deaths. She wants to comfort him but I think she is scared she won't be able to. She deals with things by not dealing with them, she supresses them until she can allow herself to speak about them with her flat affect. Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

I agree with that. I think Kourtney isn't as good at talking about love, but does a pretty good job of showing love through actions, which is actually more believable to me than Kim and Kris posting online about how much they love someone, but then criticize them or ignore them.

• Love 2

Kourtney posted a "siblings day" photo of her sisters on Instagram. She commented that she was supposed to go to Armenia, but it made her too anxious to travel with three young kids. If that is true, kudos to her

https://instagram.com/p/1UBucnE1kh/

That makes sense, dragging an infant and a toddler around with the crowds and the paparazzi is not my idea of fun. Especially since she breast feeds.

• Love 1

I try not to fawn over Kourtney just for giving a crap about her kids, but it's just so different from the rest of her family. We've seen that PMK doesn't care about her kids that don't make her money, and while Bruce was a great dad to Kendall&Kylie, as well as his step kids, the first 4 kids didn't seem to get much attention until recently. Did Kim bring North? I guess it doesn't make much difference, I doubt she would spend much time with her either way.

Edited by truelovekiss

"When it comes to naming her children, Kourtney Kardashian is on point with her choices, creating names that are on trend and meaningful."

She's "on point?" like her shoe choices, or a coat she wears? This article is as dumb as the Kardashians.

Why not say "I liked the name and wanted to call my son that"

Kim and Kanye are back in Paris!! Didn't last a week in Armenia. So much for learning about her roots.  I actually think  Kim had to leave Armenia because her breasts haven't  had enough exposure to cameras, they were going thru withdrawal. So it's back to Paris and breast bearing!!!