Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The guy who sold them the house is denying it had mold when he sold it, & says that they had a bathroom leak that was responsible for it. He also says that they've been a real pain in the ass & have been calling him 10 times a day since they bought the house to ask various questions. I can absolutely see Kourtney calling him over every little thing.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/19/keyshawn-johnson-kourtney-kardashian-house-mold-home/

I'm originally from back East where if you buy a house, you have to have a lawyer representing you. Then we moved to California & were surprised to find that all you needed was a real estate agent to represent you. In fact, people were kind of insulted when we hired a lawyer to look things over anyway, but I'm guessing that was how the mold (if it actually was there when they bought the house) got overlooked. Being represented by someone who has a vested interest in you buying a very expensive house is not in your best interests.

• Love 1

Aahh, that explains it.  It's customary in the East for the buyers to have a home inspection.  If they did get one, the mold could have been detected (if it existed at the time the contract was signed).  If anything was detected after the home inspection, they could have cancelled the contract (again, if they bought a house in the East). 

Why wouldn't you have a home inspection prior to making such an expensive purchase?  

• Love 2

Aahh, that explains it.  It's customary in the East for the buyers to have a home inspection.  If they did get one, the mold could have been detected (if it existed at the time the contract was signed).  If anything was detected after the home inspection, they could have cancelled the contract (again, if they bought a house in the East). 

Why wouldn't you have a home inspection prior to making such an expensive purchase?  

According to the seller, they did have inspectors check the house out. Kourtney and family have been in the Hamptons for a while, it's possible there was a water leak and mold set in while they were away and the house was vacant. She didn't blame the rats on the previous owners.

• Love 1

They have home inspections in California too, but they didn't seem as thorough to me (a radon test was not required!), & if the real estate agent is the one who is arranging for it, well, you have to take their word that the inspector is good. 

They have home inspections in California too, but they didn't seem as thorough to me (a radon test was not required!), & if the real estate agent is the one who is arranging for it, well, you have to take their word that the inspector is good. 

As a buyer, you would receive a copy of the inspection (you're paying for it).  Why would you rely on what a real estate agent has to say.

Thanks iwasish, when did she purchase this home?  How can she, many months (a year?) later, come back at the seller and say it was his fault.  She lived in that house prior to the Hamptons and no mold was detected.  

Edited by JerseyGirl

Maybe I don't understand how home inspections work, and that's entirely possible, but if there was water damage and mold and it was painted over, how would an inspector find it? It's not like they are going to dig into walls like the designer somehow did. I know my cousin bought a house and it was inspected. Her husband does HVAC work and went to do something in the addition the last owner had put on the house himself. They found out the addition was wired with, and I kid you not, EXTENSION CORDS! I know my apartment has suffered water damage 4 times. Twice my upstairs neighbor had a 50 gallon fish tank suck up a rock into the filter and then drain 50 gallons of water into my apartment, once in my dining room and once in my living room (since it was empty he moved it after the first time). Super storm Sandy brought torrential rains and my dining room and bedroom both suffered again. And the kicker was when the tenant on the 10th floor started running a bath on Saturday night at midnight and fell asleep. Water seeped thru that apartment, down to the 9th floor, then to me on the 8th, and finally to the 7th. It was 6am before it was discovered and the water turned off. That water partially caved in my bathroom ceiling, ran thru the ceiling into my hallway, living room, and bedroom. Each and every time, with the exception of the bathroom ceiling, everything was just primered and then painted over. I wouldn't be surprised if there's black mold behind all that fresh paint. 

I'm not saying this didn't happen when Kourtney owned the house, and I'm more than sure she's a total pain in the ass, but if there was water damage and it was painted over, how would anyone know? 

• Love 1

Maybe I don't understand how home inspections work, and that's entirely possible, but if there was water damage and mold and it was painted over, how would an inspector find it? It's not like they are going to dig into walls like the designer somehow did. I know my cousin bought a house and it was inspected. Her husband does HVAC work and went to do something in the addition the last owner had put on the house himself. They found out the addition was wired with, and I kid you not, EXTENSION CORDS! I know my apartment has suffered water damage 4 times. Twice my upstairs neighbor had a 50 gallon fish tank suck up a rock into the filter and then drain 50 gallons of water into my apartment, once in my dining room and once in my living room (since it was empty he moved it after the first time). Super storm Sandy brought torrential rains and my dining room and bedroom both suffered again. And the kicker was when the tenant on the 10th floor started running a bath on Saturday night at midnight and fell asleep. Water seeped thru that apartment, down to the 9th floor, then to me on the 8th, and finally to the 7th. It was 6am before it was discovered and the water turned off. That water partially caved in my bathroom ceiling, ran thru the ceiling into my hallway, living room, and bedroom. Each and every time, with the exception of the bathroom ceiling, everything was just primered and then painted over. I wouldn't be surprised if there's black mold behind all that fresh paint. 

I'm not saying this didn't happen when Kourtney owned the house, and I'm more than sure she's a total pain in the ass, but if there was water damage and it was painted over, how would anyone know? 

FostersMom I agree with you. I think that the mold is on Keyshawn Johnson former owner of the house and not Kourtney. Mold takes time to appear and Kourtney and the kids have only been in that house a couple of months? So even though Keyshawn didn't see the mold it probably happened on his watch.

There comes a point when 'reality shows' or, what was scripted and imaginary, crosses the line from something that pretends to exist into the sphere of reality where circumstances truly do exist. Such is the case with Kourtney and Scott Disick. Kourtney is expecting her third child with Scott, despite being fully conscious of the fact that he's an alcoholic and has admitted to having 'anger issues'. Why? Well, Kourtney feels entitled to fulfill her own personal need to have multiple children putting aside the welfare of the children because that's what a Kardashian does, they self-serve and appease their own whims. Okay, so she's stupid for doing that. Scott Disick on the other hand was born with a silver spoon in his mouth to wealthy parents who doted on him since he was an only child. His only claim to fame is being the boyfriend of a wealthy pop-culture figure. That's it, Scott hasn't done a single thing on his own as a human being.

After his reported 'suicide attempt' while filming an episode of "Kourtney and Khloe Take the Hamptons", Scott retreated to an apartment on his own, away from his children and pregnant girlfriend. Can we see where this is all heading? Will Scott suddenly come to his sense and do a 180 degree turnaround and become a faithful partner to Kourtney and a role model for his three children? That's still up for debate but in my own opinion a leopard just doesn't change his spots and I feel that Scott and Kourtney are going to be just one more 'celebrity without merit' couple that will fall by the wayside along with others such as, Melanie Griffin and Antonio Banderas, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston, Heidi Klum and Seal. There's a downward spiral happening here and if these two don't get together and figure it all out, I think this relationship is fated to crash and burn.

I don't know how much I buy any of this stuff. At least once a season, starting from the very beginning of their relationship, the show trots out a 'Scott has a drinking problem' very-special episode during which he disappears, Kourtney threatens to leave him if he doesn't start acting like a responsible adult (in a monotone, naturally), followed by multiple scenes of poor Kourtney all alone, wondering if she has to raise her kids on her own (also in monotone). By the end of the episode Scott 'comes to his senses' and apologizes, and all's well until the next time they need a story arc, then suddenly he's an irresponsible drunk again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 2

It isn't only "back east" that you have home inspections. I've lived in the Midwest and now the southwest and both states have home inspections and appraisals, which you then scrutinize. The problem is that you sign a disclaimer that says basically if the home inspection was crap, it wasn't the inspector's fault, so you still end up with no recourse.

I don't mind the dress, but I don't like that she tied a shirt around her waist/hips.  It ruins the look, imo.

A common "fashion element" with some of the sisters (e.g., Khloe). It tells me they're probably really hiding one of their many, many mistakes - dresses too short, butts gone wild, material stretched to transparency, etc.

They all look like slobs when they do that. But then, maybe they're sparing us more shots that would scar us for life.

I like how they qualify Scott as the "businessman".    Dude don't do shit.    Who writes this copy?   Tweens?  

I will give Scott credit for his wardrobe, he wears a few weird things, but generally he's well put together. And fortunately he hasn't let Kanye influence his style. If he starts wearing leather jogging pants and hoodies at inappropriate times I won't forgive him.  

• Love 3

I'll also give Scott credit too as a "business man." I think he knows how to invest his money (or give it to people who know)  and then not have to work other than his go party and be paid for it events. His best friend is Scott Sartiano, entrepreneur/businessman. That can't be his best friend and Scott not work at all, business wise. Scott's said he's invested money to friends in the "nightlife" business. If those are any of Sartiano's properties, Scott just needs to sit there and let the money role in. 

Kourtney's been the most practical money and lifestyle wise. Scott wouldn't be able to live the extravagance he does if they couldn't. Plus they had just bought a bigger house than Kim & Kanye. (Until they did that and Kim and Kanye went to buy themselves a bigger house.) 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

I still don't understand why Kourtney won't marry Scott, saying he's not the one. Wtf so why do you keep having kids with him

I think Kourtney is looking at it from a financial standpoint. She's the one with the bulk of the money in that relationship, and prenups can always be challenged. She probably doesn't want to end up in a Britney Spears/Halle Berry situation where she's forking out 20k a month in alimony/child support should they divorce.

• Love 2

I think Kourtney is looking at it from a financial standpoint. She's the one with the bulk of the money in that relationship, and prenups can always be challenged. She probably doesn't want to end up in a Britney Spears/Halle Berry situation where she's forking out 20k a month in alimony/child support should they divorce.

I think she also enjoys the fact that it bugs mommy. Though Pimpmomager can't say too much now that Kim had a child well before the wedding. They all agree that Kourtney took her parents divorce hardest, she may be afraid to make that commitment, but regardless of married or not the kids will be equally hurt if she and Scott were to split.

• Love 3

I think she also enjoys the fact that it bugs mommy. Though Pimpmomager can't say too much now that Kim had a child well before the wedding. They all agree that Kourtney took her parents divorce hardest, she may be afraid to make that commitment, but regardless of married or not the kids will be equally hurt if she and Scott were to split.

That's what kills me about Kim and Kris. Kourtney was pratically slut-shamed for having Mason out of wedlock, but when Kim turns around and does the same thing Kris acts like North is the second coming of Christ. Not to mention Kim was married to another man when she got knocked up. It's both sad and crazy how Kris blatantly favors her money-makers over her other children.

• Love 6

That's what kills me about Kim and Kris. Kourtney was pratically slut-shamed for having Mason out of wedlock, but when Kim turns around and does the same thing Kris acts like North is the second coming of Christ. Not to mention Kim was married to another man when she got knocked up. It's both sad and crazy how Kris blatantly favors her money-makers over her other children.

But it's not Kimmy's fault!!! Some nasty person put obstacles in her way to happiness... She and Kanye were always meant to be! It was fate...kismet!!! Why would a meanie try to ruin Kimmy's journey to nirvana and the cover of Vogue? Didn't they see that she felt BAD? I mean like really, really BAD? She felt really really really BAAAAADDDD! But she got over it.

• Love 4

http://www.celebuzz.com/2014-10-28/kourtney-kardashian-talks-baby-names-and-marrying-scott-disick/

She just doesn't want a wedding with people around them and the production of it all. Considering she's Kim's sister and has first hand seen her multiple productions and Khloes, I don't blame Kourtney. She's doing good and is the most stable without a marriage. 

I wouldn't be surprised if she and Scott just have a wedding on a beach one day with just the 5 of them and no family. They'll just come out one day and say "oh, we got married last week" to Kris and see her head explode. 

• Love 1

People can be just as committed to each other without marriage. It's 2014.

I totally agree, and i do think they are committed to each other. Clearly Kourt has stuck with Scott thru some pretty bad behaviors and Kourtney isn't easy to deal with either. There are moments that show that bond very well. The trip to the spa and their visit to Kourts college hangouts and a number of their small bits chatting in bed or at a restaurant. But even so, my folks divorced and it was devastating to most of us kids, it wasn't even a nasty divorce, it just came from left field, so I can see Kourt, who seems very sensitive and inward thinking to be hesitant about marriage. it may not be totally rational but I understand it.

• Love 1

I think that Kourtney just can't make up her mind about whether to get married or not, or she wants to get married, but can't make up her mind about what kind of wedding to have. Scott says she's the most indecisive person he knows, & judging by her behavior on the show, he's right. Just watching her trying to decide what to do with her closets when they bought the new house gave me a headache.

Kourtney might be hesitant to get married because everyone in her family's marriages have imploded. Kris/Robert Sr, Kris/Bruce, Kim/Damon, Kim/Kris H, Khloe/Lamar and if I'm not mistaken Rob Sr. remarried a couple of times after Kris as well. She might just have an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

• Love 2

Oh sorry! I meant to open an episode topic for it. The plan is to keep it here just so all the Kardashians are under one roof as it were. We may do some sub-forum type thing in the future but for now I will just open episode topics like the normal show, but with S1E__ and the name of the episode. Sorry! Your mod was slacking! 

People can be just as committed to each other without marriage. It's 2014.

The thing is with marriage it's more of a legal matter. God forbid your boyfriend needs an operation or is in a coma you can't make the decisions unless you go get some sort of power of attorney document. If you're going to get anyway just make it legal

• Love 1

I still don't understand why Kourtney won't marry Scott, saying he's not the one. Wtf so why do you keep having kids with him

I don't care if she marries him or not. But I thought the same thing. If he's such a loser & an alcoholic that can't get out of bed & interact with the kids, then why get pregnant again? It's like he's nothing more than a sperm donor for her. She doesn't want him in her bed, doesn't want him in Kim's bed or out so where is he supposed to go? If my husband couldn't sleep & was keeping me up & we had a spare room, I would want him to go there or I would go there. I wouldn't lock him out of it. Funny how when he's with Khloe he has fun & is likable but around Kourtney, he's miserable.

• Love 2

I don't care if she marries him or not. But I thought the same thing. If he's such a loser & an alcoholic that can't get out of bed & interact with the kids, then why get pregnant again? It's like he's nothing more than a sperm donor for her. She doesn't want him in her bed, doesn't want him in Kim's bed or out so where is he supposed to go? If my husband couldn't sleep & was keeping me up & we had a spare room, I would want him to go there or I would go there. I wouldn't lock him out of it. Funny how when he's with Khloe he has fun & is likable but around Kourtney, he's miserable.

To be fair, I doubt Khloe would be tolerant of some of Scott's antics if she had two + kids with him. She's avoiding dealing with her own emotional baggage over her divorce now and is looking for someone to have fun with, Scott is more than willing since he's hiding from his own pain over his parents death. Steven Tyler needs to make a visit to Scott and Khloe. It seems both of them abuse alcohol in order to avoid dealing with emotions they don't want to face.

• Love 1

To be fair, I doubt Khloe would be tolerant of some of Scott's antics if she had two + kids with him. She's avoiding dealing with her own emotional baggage over her divorce now and is looking for someone to have fun with, Scott is more than willing since he's hiding from his own pain over his parents death. Steven Tyler needs to make a visit to Scott and Khloe. It seems both of them abuse alcohol in order to avoid dealing with emotions they don't want to face.

No doubt when you have kids you don't want your man out having fun all the time. But this is a show & it appears that Khloe & Scott's time together is for the camera. She does not come off as wanting to be there at all. 

• Love 1