Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Kardashian Thomas Humphries West

• Start Topic

Personally, I think that comparing what is basically a he said/she said snapchat/twitter war to the murder of an innocent woman is out of line.  I mean, give me a fucking break - does he have no perspective whatsoever?  Taylor is still living and breathing and doing her thing today.  Furthermore, do you mean to tell me that it was okay for Kanye to say that Taylor might sleep with him because he made her famous, but the insertion of the word bitch is really what took the whole thing to an unacceptable level?  The whole sentiment of the line, use of the word bitch or not, is insulting to any woman.  But Taylor wasn't insulted.  She approved it.  Then she lied and got busted.  

And truth be told, nobody can go back in time and tell whether or not the Kardashians would have risen to fame if not for their Dad and the sex tape.  Quite frankly, I don't think the Kardashians are dumb.  If they are, they would have crashed and burned YEARS ago and none of us would be here talking any of this.  Kris was still Kris back at the release of the tape, and if not for the tape, they could have and would used anything else to catapult them to fame.  Kim wanted fame from the start.  I don't doubt that she would have found a way to get it and Kris would still be the shrewd and caluculating PMK, sex tape or not.  Kim was already dancing in the fringes of that socialite fame circle.  She was already getting noticed.  Personally I think the Kardashians would have happened either way.  Maybe not as quickly, maybe a few years delay.  But I think we'd be talking about them regardless of that sex tape.  

• Love 6
(edited)

If Kim and Kanye legitimately can be held accountable and face criminal charges no amount of Kardashian spin will change that.  Potential criminal charges will be up to Taylor or the police and it wont matter how much Kris tries to protect Kim. What TMZ posted, even if its something the Kardashian camp leaked there is no way the police wont look into every possible angle and if anyone has a leg to stand on as far bringing them up on charges. This isn't simply a gossip game Kris could fix. There might be a more detailed copy of the phone call between Kanye and Taylor. Around the time of Kim's GQ interview there were rumors that Taylor's lawyers sent a letter to Kanye demanding the phone call footage be destroyed, and this was allegedly before Kim said in print about the call. 

Eta: looking at TMZs wording it does sound like they heard something different than what Kim posted.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think the state even needs the consent or compliance of a victim to prosecute a crime. It does really help though. 

I think it would take something like Kanye announcing he records all his phone calls for an investigation to happen. 

Edited by Kokapetl
(edited)
4 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

Wow.  I don't know who Joseph Kahn is but I'd say he's an a$$hole.  Good lord.  At least when Kanye rants they are laughable rants.  This guy is...disturbing.  If I were America's Sweetheart I'd tell him to shut it.  He's doing her no favors.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7439192/joseph-kahn-taylor-swifts-kim-kardashian-tweets

Joseph Kahn was/is a music video director he's was/is a big deal i remember him being really big in the late 90s/2000s when MTV had that "Making the Video" show.

Edited by carolinagirl81
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

From what I've seen, only Kanye and Taylor speak in the video. We can see there's some guy in the room with Kanye, but how would Taylor have known? 

That makes no sense to me.  Knowing people are listening is not consent to being recorded.  All I know is that I am in Florida, and every employer I've worked for had been fanatical about disclosure.  i.e., if I call a client, I am required 100 percent of the time to tell them the call may be recorded.    Talking on the phone knowing others are listening on the other end is not the same as being secretly recorded.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

That makes no sense to me.  Knowing people are listening is not consent to being recorded.  All I know is that I am in Florida, and every employer I've worked for had been fanatical about disclosure.  i.e., if I call a client, I am required 100 percent of the time to tell them the call may be recorded.    Talking on the phone knowing others are listening on the other end is not the same as being secretly recorded.  

Yes! I somehow doubt Kanye begins his phone calls with "your call may be monitored or recorded". 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Joseph Kahn was/is a music video director he's was/is a big deal i remember him being really big in the late 90s/2000s when MTV had that "Making the Video" show.

If he's directed all of Taylor's videos from her 1984 album then he would still be a "big deal", because between the whole lot they've gotten literally 7 or 8 billion views.

• Love 1

Taylor was probably recording the call too. She will look really butt hurt and struggle if she does anything to pursue this as a crime. 

I have a feeling Kim or Kanye know they covered their bases like maybe he texted or emailed  Taylor before the call  and said he was filming and recording in the studio and would she mind if he called her while he taped on that night.  And she said yah that's fine. Boom consent with a time stamp and written out. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Taylor was probably recording the call too. She will look really butt hurt and struggle if she does anything to pursue this as a crime. 

I have a feeling Kim or Kanye know they covered their bases like maybe he texted or emailed  Taylor before the call  and said he was filming and recording in the studio and would she mind if he called her while he taped on that night.  And she said yah that's fine. Boom consent with a time stamp and written out. 

That's exactly what I think happened. She knew about the phone call being recorded way back  in February so she had to have found out either in part of the call we didnt hear, or text or e-mail. I think they contacted her before and told her they would be recording since Kanye allegedly records all this stuff, or right after the call Kanye was like "oh by the way, that phone call I recorded on video" or something like that.   

There's a big difference between being mentally stable and simply making a stupid choice. The fact that Taylor even gave Kanye the time of day and actually agreed to that dumbass line tells me she's capable of making poor choices and doesn't think through everything she does.

I dont know Joseph Kahn's entire history but I know he directed Taylor's  "Bad Blood" video which was pretty massive.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

From what I've seen, only Kanye and Taylor speak in the video. We can see there's some guy in the room with Kanye, but how would Taylor have known? 

On the full tape you can apparently hear Rick Rubin and others participating in the conversation so she would have known.

Quite frankly I can totally see Kayne and Kim both alerting people to the fact that they are being recorded because it's just such a normal part of their lives, particularly when he is in the recording studio working on his album and Taylor knew about the tapes at least in February so it doesn't seem like it was a secret.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

I just read on Wonderwall (no idea how accurate they are) that Kim gets paid $700,000 to attend a party for one hour.  Love her or hate her, the financial success of her "brand" is sort of amazing.

Now I will go curse Zeus because life is not fair.

I wonder if all this is going to hurt Taylor or is it true that there is no such thing as bad publicity?

• Love 5
(edited)

From the GQ article 

"I ask Kim how Taylor Swift's people could have known about the footage, if Swift didn't even realize she was being recorded in the first place. Kim tells me she isn't sure, but she thinks someone from Team Kanye might have called someone from Team Taylor."

Kim herself didn't think Taylor knew she was being recorded. Kim's theory was that one of Kanye lackeys informed Taylor's lackeys afterwards. And I don't think Taylor should have anticipated being recorded. It's a crime. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

So Kim is accusing one of Kanye's many best friends ( didn't he have 4 or 5 besties in his wedding party?) of tipping off the enemy? Maybe she should put on her private investigator hat and weed them out.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

From the GQ article 

"I ask Kim how Taylor Swift's people could have known about the footage, if Swift didn't even realize she was being recorded in the first place. Kim tells me she isn't sure, but she thinks someone from Team Kanye might have called someone from Team Taylor."

Kim herself didn't think Taylor knew she was being recorded. Kim's theory was that one of Kanye lackeys informed Taylor's lackeys afterwards. And I don't think Taylor should have anticipated being recorded. It's a crime. 

if this is true, then Taylor has a right of sueing her for leaking the recording.... I still cant believe that Taylor fell for their friendship.... 

Not only did she fall for the friendship, but she stayed on the phone for him for 1 HOUR. I thought she was naive for giving him more than 5 minutes, but an hour? With Kim being selective in what she posted and Taylor demanding the footage be destroyed I wonder if there are some other things that were said that both don't want made public.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Maybe the 25 seconds we've seen is all Taylor managed to squeeze in between Kanye talking. 

There's a lot of "filler words" in a conversation with Kanye. Such as "like" "dope" "motherfucker, and all variations of", "bitch" "yeah" "cool" etc.

Judge Judy would have a field day with him.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, iwasish said:

There's a lot of "filler words" in a conversation with Kanye. Such as "like" "dope" "motherfucker, and all variations of", "bitch" "yeah" "cool" etc.

Judge Judy would have a field day with him.

Which is exactly why her back peddled claims of "I didn't know or agree... (Record Scratch) ...oh wait I did agree, but talking about having sex & him making me famous, not being called a bitch." are totally ignorant. Because everyone knows Kanye uses curses like Pig Latin, they're peppered before and after each word in order for for him communicate. Hell he even calls his wife who he LOVES a bitch on his songs. And his friends motherfuckers or n-word. So sorry, I don't buy the bullshit she's selling. 

Edited by OnceSane
N-word
  • Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Which is exactly why her back peddled claims of "I didn't know or agree... (Record Scratch) ...oh wait I did agree, but talking about having sex & him making me famous, not being called a bitch." are totally ignorant. Because everyone knows Kanye uses curses like Pig Latin, they're peppered before and after each word in order for for him communicate. Hell he even calls his wife who he LOVES a bitch on his songs. And his friends motherfuckers or n-word. So sorry, I don't buy the bullshit she's selling. 

Kim is free to consider "bitch" a term of endearment, but the vast majority of women, young and old, would not be receptive to it. They'd probably consider a man calling them a bitch offensive and misogynistic.  

Edited by OnceSane
Quoted post was edited.
  • Love 5

I didn't say differently, my point I was making is when a smart woman like Taylor knows he talks that way the intelligent thing to do is decline approval of being mentioned. 

Also it's a bit peculiar she's cool with him talking about fucking her "it's kinda a compliment.." In her words. But claims not the line cross is the b word. Whatever. 

• Love 5

Does anyone think there will be any blow back on Kim for this?  I mean, right now the internet is giving her the "Good Game" team handshake, but I think she exposed some of the secret ingredients to her and her family's success:  Being in the right place at the right time, being the daughter of a prominent attorney (and entertainment attorney no less) and manipulating the media.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Does anyone think there will be any blow back on Kim for this?  I mean, right now the internet is giving her the "Good Game" team handshake, but I think she exposed some of the secret ingredients to her and her family's success:  Being in the right place at the right time, being the daughter of a prominent attorney (and entertainment attorney no less) and manipulating the media.

I think everyone, including her fans, are aware of this.

What is funny is that their are some people who think they can emulate the Kardashian business model.  It is impossible, because there were way too many "lucky" variables to count.

O.J. Simpson-being a part of the drama, but not being smeared by the horrible murder.  The new O.J. move by Ryan Murphy was excellent and painted Robert Kardashian in a very flattering light.

Celebrity sex tapes actually being used as a marketing tool

Birth of social media

Mother marrying one of the most famous athletes in the world

Being near Paris Hilton when Paris was a big deal

Plenty of family drama including famous athlete coming out as transgender

The list could go on forever...but it was just a perfect storm to catapult this family to fame and fortune.

However, happiness and self respect still alludes them.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 7

However, happiness and self respect still alludes them.

You think happiness and self respect are something  they give a shit about? These are Kardashians you're talking about.

• Love 4

It looks like she stole that harness idea from her aborted attempt at zip-lining in Thailand. All she needs is the helmet and the ugly cry face.

With the strict diet she's supposedly on, why bother spending lots of money in expensive restaurants? Oh I forgot, eating out is merely a excuse to be seen in her super sexy outfits and get her picture taken.

• Love 4
On 7/21/2016 at 11:33 AM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

If there isn't already, Kim should be getting some familial blowback from Khloe's ridiculous cyberbullying of Chloe Grace Moretz. Maybe Kim didn't do it, but it happening in the very same week people were lathering so much admiration on K&K makes you think a bit about double standards and the true extent of how far this family will go.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've come to believe that any publicity works for them. All the negative stuff, I guarantee will be addressed on the show. Of course it will put them in a good light. They will put their usual Kardashian spin on it where they are always the victims of the big bad world. Just wait and watch cause it coming to a tv near you soon.  

Edited by FanOfTheFans
  • Love 4

They have some weird bullying issuewith Chloe Grace Moretz that is baffling to me. The girl is sweet as pie, very young,and only made mild criticisms of Kim. The offended and vehement anger the family has in reaction to it is strange. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

They have some weird bullying issuewith Chloe Grace Moretz that is baffling to me. The girl is sweet as pie, very young,and only made mild criticisms of Kim. The offended and vehement anger the family has in reaction to it is strange. 

That why they targeted her. She's nice, young, sweet. She's vulnerable. Like a baby rabbit. 

Ultimately, that may be a mistake. Kim vs Amber  is an even match . Khloe vs Chloe.... Not so much.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Chole is quite smart, and what I find funny is that she made a comment on the whole thing being not worth talking about, and I will also say that she doesn't have a dog in the feud. She has no friendship- that I know of-  to Taylor-, in fact, hard core Taylor fans got all mad at her for saying something negative about Girl Squads, not Taylors but in general she just doesn't like them and so what she tweeted was about the situation not even dissing Kim, and then Khloe started  tweeting out those bikini pictures to hurt her directly. Granted, Khloe did not fact check but still, Khloe's intention was to hurt Chole, Chloes was just an observation. Maybe she should have kept her nose out of it but still. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
Spelling, touch screens are awful
  • Love 4

I feel that everyone should know by now that engaging with a Kardashian/Jenner on social media is just like feeding a troll and will never lead to meaningful discourse. The best thing to do is completely ignore them. Lack of attention would upset them more than any public criticism, but they can't lash out at people who don't engage, so win/win.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I feel that everyone should know by now that engaging with a Kardashian/Jenner on social media is just like feeding a troll and will never lead to meaningful discourse. The best thing to do is completely ignore them. Lack of attention would upset them more than any public criticism, but they can't lash out at people who don't engage, so win/win.

Either that, or be prepared to dig deeper, a la Amber Rose.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

That why they targeted her. She's nice, young, sweet. She's vulnerable. Like a baby rabbit. 

Ultimately, that may be a mistake. Kim vs Amber  is an even match . Khloe vs Chloe.... Not so much.  

I doubt she's THAT vulnerable having worked in show biz for years now, but the mere fact that she's 19 and being slammed by these women in their 30s speaks to their warped perspectives. At least a few people noticed, even if they were feting Kim almost at the same moment.

• Love 5

There will be a time (I only hope it's VERY soon) that this family will be shot down for the crap they do.  I'm not team Taylor but I really, really want there to be a lawsuit against Kim and Kanye and it have the very negative effects to them.  I'm sick of them both.  I only hope Khloe will pick the wrong one to bully and it has very, very bad effects on her whole persona.  I'm tired of them doing whatever they want to to do in the media and getting aways with it.  There will be a time when their whole family is off the grid.  One can only hope Pimp Momma Kris's deal with the Devil isn't too much longer.  I can't wait to see that big ass Kim desparate for any attention and getting none.  That would be a perfect for that fame whore.

• Love 11

These people will piss away any points they've scored sooner rather than later. There's no way that Kim and Kanye can refrain from being narcissistic for any length of time. Kareerless Kim especially can't do anything but shit stir and make a spectacle of herself. 

• Love 3

JLo & Kim shop at the same "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" clothing store where instead of sizes, the clothes are labeled "a bunch of skin showing" "most of the skin showing" "all of the skin showing" & "I'm desperate for attention"

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Kim looks really good in that white dress. JLo is fast approaching that Madonna stage of desperately trying to dress twenty years younger than her actual age. 

Well I think Kim is already at that stage.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Kim looks really good in that white dress. JLo is fast approaching that Madonna stage of desperately trying to dress twenty years younger than her actual age. 

I think Kim looks good in the white dress too. JLo's outfit is fun, but I think the color is wrong. Had it been black or maybe navy I would've liked it better.