Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Kardashian Thomas Humphries West

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, GaT said:

She even had dinner with them after the White House visit.

Where is the vomit icon?

8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

To applaud themselves or to strategise the alleged campaign for sentencing reform?

I imagined they talked about plastic surgery and bad makeup.

• Love 4

Kim used and was used as a means to an end. She got good press coverage with her clothes on for once and both she and the President got a photo op, and those interested in sentencing reform got their poster lady her freedom. Kudos for all of them.

• Love 2

While I’m happy Alice Johnson got her release, I feel that the reason she got the release is the same reason she got the ridiculous sentence in the first place.  People of color, people who can’t afford good representation, who are tried in a particular political climate, with biased juries etc get steamrolled by our justice system.  But oh look, here comes a wealthy white woman to the rescue, who can wave a perfectly manicured hand and the door to your cell will just slide open.  I’d like to see her do her magic trick again.  

• Love 8

Was this the first attempt at  pardon they tried for her? Hard to imagine Obama would have denied it had it been sent to him, It’s a pretty  easy case to try and get pardoned. Should have been a slam dunk for any really good lawyer.

It seems like fairly few articles about Alice give details of her charges but every article includes the words "first time, non-violent" and that is disingenuous at best. A life sentence is unjust but I think she served pretty much a correct length of time for her offenses and for not cooperating. 

Ten co-defendants rolled on her and she ended up with eight variations of trafficking in cocaine, conspiracy and money laundering. However minor her role may have been in comparison with her fellow conspirators, they trafficked 2000-3000 kilos of cocaine from Colombia into the Memphis region. That's 4400-6600 pounds of coke. That's a lot of misery (which I think influenced Obama's decision).

When I first heard Kim was doing this I figured some poor lady was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got railroaded in some racist leftover Just Say No bullshit. As I learned more I was surprised that Kim decided to take on this particular cause. But hey, she was successful and I'm happy for Alice.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, suomi said:

It seems like fairly few articles about Alice give details of her charges but every article includes the words "first time, non-violent" and that is disingenuous at best. A life sentence is unjust but I think she served pretty much a correct length of time for her offenses and for not cooperating. 

Ten co-defendants rolled on her and she ended up with eight variations of trafficking in cocaine, conspiracy and money laundering. However minor her role may have been in comparison with her fellow conspirators, they trafficked 2000-3000 kilos of cocaine from Colombia into the Memphis region. That's 4400-6600 pounds of coke. That's a lot of misery (which I think influenced Obama's decision).

When I first heard Kim was doing this I figured some poor lady was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got railroaded in some racist leftover Just Say No bullshit. As I learned more I was surprised that Kim decided to take on this particular cause. But hey, she was successful and I'm happy for Alice.

I somewhat agree. A life sentence is harsh, but it’s the proscribed sentence for the crimes she was convicted of. Mandatory sentencing is (very) bad (IMO) but Americans seem to love it. Elected legislatures enacted the mandatory sentencing statutes. America has the insanely large prison population it has because America likes it like that.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I think what I found so ridiculous about her sentence is that she didn't even have the possibility of parole. There are murderers and rapists who have at least been given the possibility of parole.

There is no parole in the federal system for a crime committed after November 1, 1987. This was enacted by Congress and the feds are real happy with it so it ain't gonna change anytime soon.

State or local crime automatically becomes a federal beef when you cross a state line during the commission or when someone you are proven to have participated with in the commission crosses a state line. Alice went federal on the drug charges even though she herself didn't cross a state line AFAIK. Her co-conspirators did and that's all that matters. And then after all was said and done they rolled, she didn't, they got the deals. Well, and money laundering is a federal crime no matter where it occurs, it's an intrastate not an interstate crime. There were 15 defendants and 10 rolled for zero or lesser prosecution, so Alice and four others got hard time.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3

Folks - this is the Kim thread, not the parole thread or the Trump thread or the Alice thread or etc. Given recent events, we've allowed some latitude, but if you're not talking about Kim at all, we've gone past the line. Please return to discussion of Kim!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, suomi said:

Reading that info makes it easier to understand Obama’s decision.

Do you think Kim read anything  in depth about the case? Or did she just get the Cliffs notes? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Do you think Kim read anything  in depth about the case? Or did she just get the Cliffs notes? 

Do Cliff notes come with pictures?

• Love 8

I know I keep commenting about how baffled I am by these people, but here I go again!  Why in Hell would you look like that on purpose?  She looks like a plastic Kewpie doll.   The eyes are way too big, the cheek contouring is so overdone it looks deformed, and the pursed overfluffed lips look like they were caught in a drain.  I'm using words like 'it' deliberately.  There isn't a human to connect to.

• Love 8

Just saw their family feud appearance--the first time I've actively sought out an appearance by any of these idiots, possibly... forever (and usually even when I see them by accident it doesn't take long for me to decide to tune out). 

Are we supposed to buy that Kim thinks the $25K prize is so incredibly important to get to that charity, when that was probably her hotel and expenses for her recent overnight visit to DC? Barely more than pocket change for them.

Also Kanye?  For someone with such a big ego, you had very little to say.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Just saw their family feud appearance--the first time I've actively sought out an appearance by any of these idiots, possibly... forever (and usually even when I see them by accident it doesn't take long for me to decide to tune out). 

Are we supposed to buy that Kim thinks the $25K prize is so incredibly important to get to that charity, when that was probably her hotel and expenses for her recent overnight visit to DC? Barely more than pocket change for them.

Also Kanye?  For someone with such a big ego, you had very little to say.

Medication does wonders.

• Love 2
On 6/12/2018 at 11:43 AM, Frost said:

I know I keep commenting about how baffled I am by these people, but here I go again!  Why in Hell would you look like that on purpose?  She looks like a plastic Kewpie doll.   The eyes are way too big, the cheek contouring is so overdone it looks deformed, and the pursed overfluffed lips look like they were caught in a drain.  I'm using words like 'it' deliberately.  There isn't a human to connect to.

And the lip colors are horrendous.

• Love 2
(edited)

The full length photo is a must-see.

Guys, Kim K just dyed her hair the most un-Kim-K-like color ever, and the look would delight everyone from Eiffel 65 to the Blue Man Group. Yes, Kim has officially swapped her brunette hair for a deep shade of midnight blue-i.e. the same color as your dark-wash jeans-and I am freaking feeling it.

Kim’s new color first surfaced yesterday on the Instagram of her hairstylist Chris Appleton, who posted a photo of Kim at the preview of Kanye West’s new Yeezy line (which, by the way, has inspired some, uh, thoughts). Appleton captioned the photo “Blue Black,” clearly a nod Kim’s entire lewk, which was part-chic, part-futuristic, part-blueberry.

In the photo, Kim is wearing skin-tight navy-blue pants and a long-sleeve top, along with thigh-high suede boots and hair dyed to match, giving her the appearance of a monochromatic superhero.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/celeb-style/kim-kardashian-just-dyed-her-hair-the-color-of-your-pants/ar-AAyBpvC?li=BBnbcA0

Edited by suomi
On 6/15/2018 at 12:27 PM, iwasish said:

Get a look at the ass in those pics. It’s not human.

She’s ruined her body with that ginormous ass, and from what I understand, there’s no way to fix it.  I would hate myself if I’d purposely messed my body up like that.  WTH was she thinking when she did that to herself??

• Love 4
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She’s ruined her body with that ginormous ass, and from what I understand, there’s no way to fix it.  I would hate myself if I’d purposely messed my body up like that.  WTH was she thinking when she did that to herself??

If she has implants- those can easily be removed.

If she had fat injections, she can have lipo.

Only if she injected other substances into it, would it become more difficult to remedy.

• Love 1

Why is the word heartbreaking in quotes? Does she not think it's heartbreaking? 

37 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I understand what she was trying to say, I think it's one of those things that just came out wrong.

Can you explain it to me please? Because I don't get it LOL

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Why is the word heartbreaking in quotes? Does she not think it's heartbreaking? 

Can you explain it to me please? Because I don't get it LOL

I think it’s in quotes because the writer is quoting what Kim said.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lambie457 said:

After her triumph with the pardon, I don’t think she would overtly criticize Trump. She wants to go back to the pardon well again and going against him could kill that.

that and the fact that she leaves her kids regularly for periods of time and probably sees nothing wrong with it.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/16/2018 at 10:50 PM, Aw my lahgs said:

If she has implants- those can easily be removed.

If she had fat injections, she can have lipo.

Only if she injected other substances into it, would it become more difficult to remedy.

But her skin stretched and also increased in area to accommodate that monstrosity. Surely she would have a lot of loose, excess skin if she attempted to return to something similar to her original contours. 

My main thing is how do they wipe those asses? I did lots of peri care (bum cleaning) as a CNA and sometimes it was very difficult to get the job done when I had to get past a lot of territory to be where I needed to be. A lot of stuff gets hidden when a woman's natural creases and folds are always being strongly compressed and then Surprise! A nurse told me that she comes across so many "peanuts" in people's unders that it barely registers anymore. We all have the occasional loose stool or diarrhea and that's no picnic to clean up after even with our normal butts. The Ks must use bidets but what does that imply if they have to "go" when they're not at home? Do bidets have settings like the nozzle on my water hose? Mist, Cone, Shower, Jet? 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, suomi said:

But her skin stretched and also increased in area to accommodate that monstrosity. Surely she would have a lot of loose, excess skin if she attempted to return to something similar to her original contours. 

My main thing is how do they wipe those asses? I did lots of peri care (bum cleaning) as a CNA and sometimes it was very difficult to get the job done when I had to get past a lot of territory to be where I needed to be. A lot of stuff gets hidden when a woman's natural creases and folds are always being strongly compressed and then Surprise! A nurse told me that she comes across so many "peanuts" in people's unders that it barely registers anymore. We all have the occasional loose stool or diarrhea and that's no picnic to clean up after even with our normal butts. The Ks must use bidets but what does that imply if they have to "go" when they're not at home? Do bidets have settings like the nozzle on my water hose? Mist, Cone, Shower, Jet? 

Tsunami? Water Spout? Tidal wave?

They could market the KardASSian Krack Kleaner!

• Love 3

I can't believe I know this, but little people have stick-like devices where toilet paper can attach to the end because oftentimes their arms are too short to reach around their normal-sized torsos to get the job done. Maybe the K-women have similar contraptions?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I can't believe I know this, but little people have stick-like devices where toilet paper can attach to the end because oftentimes their arms are too short to reach around their normal-sized torsos to get the job done. Maybe the K-women have similar contraptions?

Have you watched “My 600lb Life” you’d be amazed what people use to facilitate personal hygiene. 

• Love 3

She actually doesn't post many selfies anymore, but she's saying she's not with her phone as much anymore? Gimme a break! She posts VIDEO on Snapchat and instagram stories every time she is doing anything puckering up her duck lips. Even the other night she and Kanye were eating Popeye's and she was standing in front of a mirror holding her phone lol

• Love 3
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

She actually doesn't post many selfies anymore, but she's saying she's not with her phone as much anymore? Gimme a break! She posts VIDEO on Snapchat and instagram stories every time she is doing anything puckering up her duck lips. Even the other night she and Kanye were eating Popeye's and she was standing in front of a mirror holding her phone lol

In Greek mythology Narcissus saw his own reflection in a pool of water and fell in love with it, not realizing it was merely an image. Narcissus/narcissist/Kim. Kanye (or any man, or child) can never rise higher than second place in her heart. 

• Love 7
On 6/22/2018 at 1:02 PM, BitterApple said:

Rude. His name is Johnathan. 

• Love 17