Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Cobalt - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

• Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for your commenting enjoyment!

This thread will close at 10:00 pm, after which you can head on over to the actual episode thread to continue the discussion....

S01.E05: Cobalt

Please remember not to post any Walking Dead spoilers in here. For any Walking Dead discussion, go HERE.

Enjoy the episode, have fun commenting and as always, please be respectful to your fellow commenters!

I already know one line of the script.

Liza:  I didn't know.

Ah, the title. Cobalt = a shade of blue, Nicks face = also a shade of blue.

I can wish.

Only one more after this, thank god. Nothing like TWD where I am always left wanting more.

I could try and live with Alicia, but considering everything we've seen so far, yeah, Madison and Nick getting killed wouldn't break my heart.   Actually, the only four people I've found I could root for, if pressed to, would be Tobias (Where art thou, Tobias!?), Liza, Chris and Ofelia.

Well, we do know one thing for sure;  Cobalt is not a reference to the metaphorical coloration of Travis' testicles.  (maybe it will be in reference to Ofelia's 'beau' Adams' own lack of sex aggravation)

Might we see some 'product placement'?  Someone driving a Chevy Cobalt?

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 4

Please kill off the Clarks.  At least one.  I can manage with Travis being a drip but the Clarks are just insufferable.  Eat them all.

What's funny is when I went to IMDB to find out who the doctor was. I saw that two of the Salazar's had 7 episodes listed with their names. All the Clark's had just six episodes next to theirs. Salazar's came in at episode two, so I was thinking. All the Clark's die and the Salazar's march on into season 2. One can only hope.

• Love 4

What's funny is when I went to IMDB to find out who the doctor was. I saw that two of the Salazar's had 7 episodes listed with their names. All the Clark's had just six episodes next to theirs. Salazar's came in at episode two, so I was thinking. All the Clark's die and the Salazar's march on into season 2. One can only hope.

And Daniel and Ofelia Salazar's credits listed 2015 - 2016, the rest 2015

Sorry but Liza (I'm gonna play Dr.)  needs to pay for ratting out the sick. With all the blood on her hands she needs to have her face eaten. Besides I never cared for her acting anyways.

I'd be ok with the Salazars, Tobias and Chris living, maybe Travis but I'm still on the fence with him. The rest of them, when the zombies crash through the fence, run and shoot 'em in the knees when the zombies get to close and keep on running.

In a perfect world they need to get Tobias and  the Salazar's to meet up with Camp Dinner Bell. Rick can take Tobias under his wing, Ofelia can hook up with Darrel, Daniel can compare notes with Carol.

Edited by Giselle

You know - I still haven't watched "The Dog". And therefore I haven't watched the following episode....

And I don't feel like I missed anything. Should I watch, lovely members? Because I really am not too jazzed about it. I don't know, man.....

However, The Walking Dead - yeah, must watch.

• Love 2

Clearly Cobalt refers to the next color Madison is going to try out on the living room.  She probably snuck outside the fence again and did a paint run to the nearest Home Depot.  Just because it's the end of the world, it doesn't mean you should forgo an elegant living room.

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 9

I have a feeling Travis isn't long for this world.

He's the linchpin between old family (Liza/Chris) and new (Madison/Nick/Alicia), and I get the feeling these frikkin' writers are foolish enough to think the clash of families forced to pull together despite conflict and grief to survive hordes of undead vagrants to be High Drama.

Travis, you may be luckier than you know.

• Love 1

You know - I still haven't watched "The Dog". And therefore I haven't watched the following episode....

And I don't feel like I missed anything. Should I watch, lovely members? Because I really am not too jazzed about it. I don't know, man.....

I hate to dissuade you in case you might end up liking it, but honestly?  If I were in your position of having missed a couple episodes and weren't all that thrilled with what you've already seen, I'd recommend just sticking it out until TWD starts back up in a little more than 2 weeks.  I'm only watching it still - and plan to watch the last 2 eps of the season - because I was too dumb not to find something better to do during those hour-long time slots the last few Sunday nights, and/or not have the time to watch the DVR later.

If nothing else, if you are super bored, you can marathon this first season FTWD during this season of TWD's mid-season hiatus.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

I will suffer through anything as long as there isn't a pirate.

I would be 100% in for The Sailing Dead. Especially if it involved wholesale slaughter of the existing cast by pirates. Arrrgh, matey.

• Love 4

If nothing else, if you are super bored, you can marathon this first season FTWD during this season of TWD's mid-season hiatus.

Or the choice I usually make, to watch old favorite episodes of TWD. Or blu-ray commentary and extras. 

• Love 1

I'd wait until the season is done and then watch it. Watching it week-by-week is sooooo frustrating for the all the things they don't do. But it if you watch 2-3 episodes at a time, you can pay attention whenever anything interesting is happening and answer email during the other parts. (That's how I watched Season 2 of the mother ship so I liked it a LOT more than most people.)  I'm only watching this week-by-week because I enjoy reading the discussion on the boards.

• Love 2

Maybe Production has decided to take the easy way out and nuke L.A. with a cobalt bomb.

Oh, what am I talking about? We could never be THAT lucky.

HAHA.  My thoughts exactly, but you beat me to it.  lol

Maybe Cobalt is some operation code word.  But I don't even care.

Edited by peach
  • Love 3

I hate to dissuade you in case you might end up liking it, but honestly?  If I were in your position of having missed a couple episodes and weren't all that thrilled with what you've already seen, I'd recommend just sticking it out until TWD starts back up in a little more than 2 weeks.  I'm only watching it still - and plan to watch the last 2 eps of the season - because I was too dumb not to find something better to do during those hour-long time slots the last few Sunday nights, and/or not have the time to watch the DVR later.

Ugh. I just don't care about it and haven't felt like I missed anything. TWD starts up soon, and I will never miss an episode. But this series?? I should really get caugh up though, because there is a second season so...

It is really interesting how shows grab people, I have to say. Certain ones are must see TV, and others, can easily fall by the wayside.

Thanks though for the advice!

• Love 1

So help me Dog - if the last scene of the last episode has Bob Newhart waking up and telling his wife what a terrible nightmare he had, I'm cashing in some frequent flyer miles to go out to L.A. and shoot someone in the face with a bazooka.

• Love 4

It'll probably be Travis waking up with Liza to tell her had this terrible nighmare about having a new emotionless partner with a druggie son and self-absorbed daughter and he somehow got the brilliant idea to move both families in together with a random Hispanic family because the military was there and a zombie apocalypse that they never actually saw.  But it was all okay because at least he had time to keep up his cardio.

I'm setting my expectations low now to try to get through this until the mother ship comes back.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 5

Hell, I must be easy...here I am, counting the minutes till tonight's episode.

But then I'm a sucker for the End-of-the-World-As-We-Know-It genre, with or without zombies, so maybe my threshold is a little lower than the average viewer's.

• Love 4

Well, honestly it was a difficult choice but since CSI is apparently a bloodbath of epic proportions and they've brought back everyone who left to shoot the ambling zombie CSI is in the head....

And Cobalt will rerun next week....

• Love 1

Just wanted to say that y'all are making this show really funny "haha"......'cause I'm bored stiff watching it.
The only folks I'm having any positive feelings for are Daniel, Ofelia, Liza and Tobias. I really, really hope we get to see Tobias in some future episodes, even though imdb.com only has him listed for two, and they've already aired..

I don't think I'd mind if Alicia survives....but I'm more supportive for the four I mentioned above.

Put me down for one 'Nick's Death', please.  Imagine how much better the show would be.  I have a feeling Madison wouldn't be such a pill.  She might even remember that she has another child.  Travis might actually get to have sex in his own bed and not have to deal with Madison's 'issues'.  And that poor old man would get some relief from his pain.

I wish I could live post with you guys but the wireless in the house doesn't make it all the way to my room. Unlike the mothership, I think I'd enjoy this one more if I were distracted. I must be a total bitch because I have absolutely no problem with the way Moyer is treating the civilians in his safe zone. If his objective is to sanitize the city and reclaim it then that, IMO, excuses him from babysitting civilians. In a survival situation, my issues with someone's personality go away if they keep me alive. If he's shooting zombies, he can suck at golf and snark at me all he wants.

I'm assuming some development tonight makes Moyer irredeemable but until then I will continue to overlook his shadiness in favour of his competence.

The things I do for this show!

I prefer using Firefox as my browser, but it doesn't handle the AMC LiveStream well. Chrome is my back-up, but it also has problems with the LiveStream, so now I'm using IE -- which I think I've used once since 2012 -- because it's the only browser that doesn't buffer the LiveStream to death.

But wow, is it glitchy when it comes to importing favorites.

• Love 1

I've been looking at the last episode sitting on my DVR all week, thinking, "I have to get that thing watched before Sunday night."  Ha, just saw it.  I liked it!  I even watched Madison slap the shit out of Nick twice.

I'm freshly primed and pumped for tonight.  Six minutes.  Waiter, my wine, please.

• Love 3

Rick *swoon* Morgan with staff *woo hoo*

I like the Salesman - he is different and interesting.

He can play mind games with Nick now, that's OK.  I feel sorry for Doug, who can't handle the world collapsing.

Salesman did give a good pitch.

Edited by raven
  • Love 2