Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Kim's Speech

Kim's invited to give a speech at a women's expo, but Kim is against the idea, stirring up tension in the Biermann home. Meanwhile, Brielle reveals that she wants to be an entertainment reporter, so Kim organizes a practice interview with singer Monica.

Other than Brielle's interview fiasco, I kind of enjoyed this episode. Especially Kim's speech. And I must admit I laughed at the dog eating it's poop. It's so disgusting but unfortunately, it happens. And Kim & co's reactions were dead on.

** Edited to add that in spite of the fact that Kim can be crude, drunk and a less than ideallic mother, she has hustled to get where she is today. Even if she's not as big a deal as she likes to believe. It's true that life begins when you push beyond your confort zone.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 1

If Brielle wants to be a host of some sort she needs to go to college and major in journalism, not play coattails with her mommy.

So true.  Education is so important in so many ways.  Brielle doesn't seem to be the best student out there but she did graduate so she could get into a post secondary school somewhere, maybe even community college although I think she would benefit greatly from getting away from home and gaining some life experience.  She mentioned in the epi last night that her role models Ryan Seacrest and Juliana Radic both got degrees in Journalism and Broadcasting(?) so maybe she will go for it.  I wish Kroy would encourage her more to step out since he's the one with the college degree.  She would also be setting a good example for the other kids.

• Love 3

I don't know if I believe Kim has a degree.  A certificate maybe, like the kind you get and then get paid minimum wage.  And you're right she should be a role model for her kids but imo she isn't.  She seems to be a loving mom but her overly sexualized persona is sending a wrong message to her girls and will ultimately be confusing to her boys.  Kroy, despite his yucky chewing tobacco habit is the best thing to happen to that family.  At least he has a work ethic and some family values.

• Love 3

A certificate maybe, like the kind you get and then get paid minimum wage.

I don't think Kim ever became an RN. I don't think she took the nursing boards because no one who has, would leave that experience out of the account of their road to becoming a nurse.  When she's been forced to talk about it,  specifically to those bitches on HWOA, particularly Phaedra, she's never brought up having to take those boards, which are no joke. I buy that she got into a nursing program, did some clinical but....I have a number of nurses in my family, my mother being one of them and I was six years old when she was studying for those board and good lord I remember her crying when she passed them. I remember her explaining that she was crying because she was happy and relieved and I kinda got what she was saying. Then a couple of decades later I remember my cousin taking them, same thing, the stress and emotions running high. 

I don't know, but it doesn't matter now. At the end of the day, she asked, believed and received.

• Love 1

Kim did state on one of the episodes that she was a CNA...certified nursing assistant.

That could have been an ancient re-run and she later went to school to become an LPN.

Whatever the case may be, it certainly doesn't appear that she ever used those nursing degrees for very long, if ever.

• Love 2

LOL, I cannot help but have this image of Kim in a nurse's scrubs, cig hanging from her mouth, red SOLO cup in one hand while she takes blood pressure with the other.

Lol. Reminds me of a time when some kind of nurse (not sure what type) was simultaneously drawing my blood and texting on her phone. True story. Needless to say, I never went back to that doctor.

• Love 2

LOL, I cannot help but have this image of Kim in a nurse's scrubs, cig hanging from her mouth, red SOLO cup in one hand while she takes blood pressure with the other.

I remember passing by the lung cancer patients at my hospital one day. I quit smoking that same night. I'm shocked at anyone who is able to keep that nasty habit working in a hospital and seeing that everyday.

Edited by Phei

An I a terrible person for thinking she got into this to get a rich older man? Maybe this is how she met Big Poppa.

• Love 1